Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E22: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

The source is the Nurse that worked at Hoge for 4 years. Shannon had a CT Scan from Newport Imaging. Brooks said HIS CT/PET scan came from Hoge after being caught in his lie but for some reason they outsourced the transcribing to the smaller NI. I don't know why you would believe that more readily than believing Shannon.

I rely on facts based on empirical evidence.

Hoag and Newport Imaging are a part of a larger practice called NHRA.

http://newportradiology.com/about.php

----

Edited by Scrambled Fog
  • Love 2

If there are differences in letterhead, how does that prove Brooks does or does not have cancer?

Why should I rely on Shannon's word that there would be no differences in letterhead in 2 years?

Why do some people believe Shannon in this instance, but not in other instances?

It proves he is lying........AGAIN. The lies add up, the ever changing stories add up and his past lies about having different forms of cancer add up as well. Having "cancer" seems to be Brooks's go to with women, it appears that Vicki is not the first victim to fall for it and I doubt she will be the last of his victims.

• Love 12

It proves he is lying........AGAIN. The lies add up, the ever changing stories add up and his past lies about having different forms of cancer add up as well. Having "cancer" seems to be Brooks's go to with women, it appears that Vicki is not the first victim to fall for it and I doubt she will be the last of his victims.

For me to consider it proof, I would have to believe Shannon is not exaggerating or lying this time.

• Love 1

This season should be titled, OG of the OC: Fall From Grace or something lol. Vicki was just sad during this episode, here she is saying that she is (well was, I think she has since said she wasn't) scared of Brooks and just deflecting left and right and her apologies just sounded hollow.

Vicki is a very smart woman but I think her desire to be wanted and be loved really put some serious shades over her eyes. But it amazes me how VIcki was all about gaining everyones trust back but has done nothing in social media that shows it. She tried to make Tamra look like an idiot/liar by bringing up her possible lie about cancer from a couple years ago.

Edited by Primal Slayer
  • Love 8

I rely on facts based on empirical evidence.

Hoag and Newport Imaging are a part of a larger practice called NHRA.

http://newportradiology.com/about.php

----

AND?  LADY. Brooks is lying lol.  

It's quite literally the easiest explanation for every shoddy piece of half evidence Brooks has provided.

For me to consider it proof, I would have to believe Shannon is not exaggerating or lying this time.

What about what she said sounded like a lie or an exaggeration?  Or do you need an outside verifier? 

Edited by Watermelon
  • Love 19

Just looking for some clarity...Brooks said, and I've seen it written on this board, that he thought he had "nose cancer." Every time I see that written, or hear him say it, it seems so odd. I've never heard that term in my life. I know these is such thing as cancer of the nasal passages, but if you suspected you had that, wouldn't you call it cancer of your nasal passages, and not "nose cancer"?

Also, at the point he was talking about his potential "nose cancer" diagnosis, he interrupted himself to say it was "squamous." Isn't "squamous" a type of skin cancer? Why not just say "skin cancer"? If he had a possible skin cancer on his cheek, would that be "cheek cancer"? On his chest, and it's chest cancer? Was he just trying to make it sound more serious than it was?

Can someone with knowledge please set me straight?

Also, I've been in the "don't know, don't care" school of thought regarding Brooks's cancer claim this whole season, but tonight, everything seemed to...sag, if not fall apart. It doesn't mean I think Vicki's, like, a bad guy or anything. I think she just had a lot of neediness, and sort of fell into something. But, Brooks--back to Brooks--what was his explanation as to why two of his ex-girlfriends were involved in his "nose cancer" scare? He explained that one ex was a woman scorned, and when Andy asked about the other woman, did Brooks just say something to the effect of, "yeah, she was involved too [laughing]. It's weird. I know."? Da fuq? Is that the best explanation he can give? If people had been accusing me of faking cancer, and I chose to take advantage of a national platform to refute them, you best believe I'd come prepared with names, dates, times, and receipts. I'd bombard Andy with info he wouldn't even want, in an effort to clear my name. And I'd be damned if I came to a pivotal point in my narrative only to throw my hands up and say, "well, awe shucks, ain't it strange?" It's kind of insulting to the viewer. We are here to hear Brooks talk about his cancer. All of it. All of his scares, diagnoses, and misdiagnoses. That was literally all he was there to talk to Andy about. Don't laugh off part of what was asked. When Brooks accepted the interview with Andy, he should have either came and told the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, or told a damned good lie. But, either way, answer the questions posed to you fully and without equivocation. I think we, as viewers, deserved that at least.

Yes, it is "skin cancer" and most people say they have skin cancer on their nose, chest, ears, where ever it is/was found. IMO, Cancer is Brooks's go to sympathy ploy with women. I suspect he is looking for them to "take care" of him without asking questions and when they do start to ask, he bails on them as fast as a rat jumping off of a sinking ship. IMO, Brooks thinks/believes he can talk/lie his way out of everything and therefore he doesn't need to prove anything. LOL

• Love 15

Vicki is ridiculous. "I lied so people would feel sorry for me and bring me casseroles!" What? She can't afford to buy a casserole so she has to make up lies that involve other people (Terry and Brianna) and make no sense? I just can't even.

She also needs to stop saying she doesn't have proof Brooks doesn't have cancer. Most people can't prove they don't have cancer. Brooks is clearly still clinging to this lie so of course he's not going to give her proof he doesn't have cancer. If Vicki won't believe Brooks doesn't have cancer until she sees his "Cancer Free" certification then she's letting herself be played for a fool.

Edited by Thick McRunFast
  • Love 16

Just looking for some clarity...Brooks said, and I've seen it written on this board, that he thought he had "nose cancer." Every time I see that written, or hear him say it, it seems so odd. I've never heard that term in my life. I know these is such thing as cancer of the nasal passages, but if you suspected you had that, wouldn't you call it cancer of your nasal passages, and not "nose cancer"?

Also, at the point he was talking about his potential "nose cancer" diagnosis, he interrupted himself to say it was "squamous." Isn't "squamous" a type of skin cancer? Why not just say "skin cancer"? If he had a possible skin cancer on his cheek, would that be "cheek cancer"? On his chest, and it's chest cancer? Was he just trying to make it sound more serious than it was?

Can someone with knowledge please set me straight?

Also, I've been in the "don't know, don't care" school of thought regarding Brooks's cancer claim this whole season, but tonight, everything seemed to...sag, if not fall apart. It doesn't mean I think Vicki's, like, a bad guy or anything. I think she just had a lot of neediness, and sort of fell into something. But, Brooks--back to Brooks--what was his explanation as to why two of his ex-girlfriends were involved in his "nose cancer" scare? He explained that one ex was a woman scorned, and when Andy asked about the other woman, did Brooks just say something to the effect of, "yeah, she was involved too [laughing]. It's weird. I know."? Da fuq? Is that the best explanation he can give? If people had been accusing me of faking cancer, and I chose to take advantage of a national platform to refute them, you best believe I'd come prepared with names, dates, times, and receipts. I'd bombard Andy with info he wouldn't even want, in an effort to clear my name. And I'd be damned if I came to a pivotal point in my narrative only to throw my hands up and say, "well, awe shucks, ain't it strange?" It's kind of insulting to the viewer. We are here to hear Brooks talk about his cancer. All of it. All of his scares, diagnoses, and misdiagnoses. That was literally all he was there to talk to Andy about. Don't laugh off part of what was asked. When Brooks accepted the interview with Andy, he should have either came and told the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, or told a damned good lie. But, either way, answer the questions posed to you fully and without equivocation. I think we, as viewers, deserved that at least.

My best guess is that he had a freckle or other "spot" on his nose that was biopsied and was found to be non cancerous.
  • Love 8

AND? GIRL. Brooks is lying lol.

It's quite literally the easiest explanation for every shoddy piece of half evidence Brooks has provided.

What about what she said sounded like a lie or an exaggeration? Or do you need an outside verifier?

It means the transcribing wasn't outsourced like you asserted.

Vicki is ridiculous. "I lied so people would feel sorry for me and bring me casseroles!" What? She can't afford to buy a casserole so she has to make up lies that involve other people (Terry and Brianna) and make no sense? I just can't even.

Ha! Didn't Vicki say in the baptism episode to Heather that she was out of town when Terry/IV-gate happened? I cannot keep track of all the lies Vicki and Brooks have told, but I do not feel sorry for Vicki at all anymore. 

• Love 19

Ha! Didn't Vicki say in the baptism episode to Heather that she was out of town when Terry/IV-gate happened? I cannot keep track of all the lies Vicki and Brooks have told, but I do not feel sorry for Vicki at all anymore. 

Yeah, I thought I heard that too.  Very confusing.  But the bottom line is that Vicki lied to get sympathy.....and casseroles. 

• Love 19

Just to clarify. Shannon didn't say that this was the letterhead for two years. She said 'years'. And my impression was that she asked. Brooks said he had the CT scan done at Hoag to Andy but the letterhead on the scan he showed Tamra was NI and if IIRC he said Newport Imaging on the show.

I can't remember if it was Brooks or Vicki, but one or both of them mentioned Hoag when they met w/ Tamra to show her the report.

Newport Imaging and Hoag are part of a larger practice called NHRA.

----

Edited by Scrambled Fog

I watched it and am so happy I will never tune into again RHOC.

Hate watching 2 of them in sausage dresses and all of them saying they love each other yet attacking each other so viciously.

Absolutely no support or compassion by anyone of them tonight. Or any time it is on.

• Love 6

Damn Vicki, give it up already.

Detective Edmonds Returns

Back in the O.C., Meghan Edmonds invited Tamra, Shannon, and former Housewife Lizzie Rovsek over to cheer on the Dubrows together. Although they were at the viewing party to support Heather and Terry, these blondes (and Lizzie) couldn’t resist having a little fun.

“Hi Terry and Heather. My name’s Cinnamon and I wanna tell you, Terry, that you are hot,” Tamra said in a shoddy Southern accent during a crank call to the studio. The Dubrows immediately recognized the caller’s voice. Tamra started to ask about the possibility of mixing vodka with the products and if she was eligable for a friends and family discount, but the producers hung up on her before Terry had time to respond. As Heather so eloquently articulated in an interview, “The more time I spend on the phone with you, the less time I have to sell my products. So bye, gotta go!”

After the broadcast, Shannon started telling the women about undergoing a CAT scan at Newport Imaging six weeks prior for her bronchiectasis. So naturally Brooks’ name came up.

“Speaking of Newport Imaging,” Tamra said, interrupting. “Do you remember that text we got yesterday?” “We got his results from his recent PET-CT scan, done at Newport Imaging, which still shows cancer. We ask for your continued prayers,” Tamra and Shannon said as they took turns reading the group message to the camera. “We ask for your continued prayers. Our goal in sharing this initially was to inspire people, not to give up hope. Hope you all have a nice day.” Tamra then discussed seeing Brooks’ medical records at Vicki’s house earlier that day, which read, “Newport Imaging, Brooks airs history of non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma.”

But when Tamra mentioned the masses on his pancreas, Meghan became suspicious.“When Vicki said that Brooks got a PET-CT scan from Newport Imaging, I called and they said that they stopped doing PET scans for non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma in 2008,” she continued. Meghan called the office back — because a good sleuth always double-checks — and was told, “No. We will refer you to HOAG [Health Network]. You need to go to the hospital to get that.” And just like that, Detective Edmonds returned.

“If Vicki and Brooks decided to show one person a medical record so that that person could advocate for them, it would make absolute sense to ask me to do it,” Shannon explained to the camera. “I have been nothing but an advocate for the both of them.”

Meghan also thought that choosing Tamra to show the medical records to was fishy, especially since all of the other Housewives have some level of experience with medicine — not to mention that Heather is married to an actual doctor. “I’m starting to feel like I’m being played by Brooks and Vicki,” Tamra said before she and Shannon tilted back their heads and asked Jesus for guidance.

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/rhoc-recap-photo-2015299#ixzz3qJH9rDc

Edited by SnarkKitty
  • Love 7

Brooks probably has videos and/or pictures of Vicki mid-coitus. I mean, that might be something she would still be ashamed of/embarrassed by, right? Right? . . . And, well, they didn't call their daughter a *fucking* bitch but they did use one of those words to describe Coco for a punchline.

Vicki is about to go to court in a civil fraud case.   Brooks was dismissed from the case.

• Love 4

I could be wrong, but I remember Vicki and/or Brooks mentioning Hoag when Tamra viewed the report.

Hoag was not mentioned or brought up by anyone until Meghan did so to Shannon, Lizzie and Tamra when Heather/Terry debuet their skincare line on Evine.

• Love 7

I remember things differently.

Well, then all I can do is reccommend watching that episode a second time. They, Vicki/Brooks, do not mention Hoag at all, only NI. You could even go back to the episode thread here and read/look to see if anyone mentions Vicki OR Brooks saying Hoag at all.

• Love 15

Vicki is not nearly as smart as she thinks she is. Right near the end, she first said she decided "in this last month' that Brooks does not have cancer, and deflected any criticism of her prior actions with 'I didn't know then". But then she said it was 3 months ago. Never mind that earlier in the reunion she kept repeating 'I have no reason to believe/not believe he has cancer." WHICH IS IT?

Vicki - you cannot know that you are going to Heaven. It is your stupid belief that, regardless of what you do and how you treat other people, you will get to Heaven that is one of the reasons you find it so easy to be such a horrible human being, IMO.

I don't for a minute believe she is afraid of Brooks, unless it is that, as Heather said, he has something on her. I do believe that won't get back together, but she will next be with some other asshole.

• Love 15

IMO the burden of proof that Brooks is faking his cancer has been met to Lucy's satisfaction.

A cancer diagnosis seems to be Brooks's go to for getting sympathy or for getting Vicki to take action in their relationship... pancreatic cancer scare gets her to finally leave Donn & this latest diagnosis gets her to finally let him move into her house. If it ain't broke don't fix it!! I was rewatching the first season Brooks was on the other day & that scene where he is asking Vicki about her assets after the divorce was creepy.  Brooks is shadier than a white oak tree!

To me the turning point was when Heather said the oncologist Brooks referred to as being his treating physician denied Brooks being a patient.  Before the evil HIPAA discussion comes up-Dr. Heather's Neighbor had no duty to Brooks as Brooks was NOT his patient.,

Scrambled Fog's reference with Terry and Heather and the scan http://www.people.com/people/videos/0,,20956066,00.html

Interesting Heather said they had not shot the Reunion, yet Terry claims to have seen the scan.

• Love 11

To me the turning point was when Heather said the oncologist Brooks referred to as being his treating physician denied Brooks being a patient.  Before the evil HIPAA discussion comes up-Dr. Heather's Neighbor had no duty to Brooks as Brooks was NOT his patient.,

Scrambled Fog's reference with Terry and Heather and the scan http://www.people.com/people/videos/0,,20956066,00.html

Interesting Heather said they had not shot the Reunion, yet Terry claims to have seen the scan.

I think, although I could be mistaken, Terry was refering to the report. There were several screen shots taken of that report and I suspect that is what he read.

• Love 9

Sorry I disagree. I have worked for three different health insurance payers for over 17 years and have never heard of this.

Bottom line he said Newport Imaging. If he went to Hoag, said he went to Hoagand then NI transcribed it, I could understand that. Who says they went to the place that did the transcription rather than the place they actually went?

Brooks claims the radiologist who produced the report works at both facilities.

I think Tamra sold out Vicki on the cancer story. I think Vicki and Brooks concocted this little cancer scheme and Vicki was naive enough to trust Tamra and let her in on the plan. She was probably hoping to get Tamra to join them in promoting the juice cleanse crap and do a tie in with her fitness center. Tamra, who can never be trusted and who is only ever out for Tamra, saw this as an opportunity for a juicy storyline - Vicki be damned! It's too coincidental the Tamra's fake psychic was the one to bring up the subject. Even if I though psychics were the real deal I don't think he would get a "read" on a friend of a friends boyfriend who was not in the room and whom he has never met. ANd what can Vicki do about it? She can't call out Tamra and say she told Tamra about the fake story plan and Tamra went off script and sold her out. That would be admitting she knew from the start that Brooks was a fake and she was in on it. The end of the reunion when Tamra was holding Vicki's hand and comforting her and saying "I told you he was a bad person. Next time listen to me" sealed the deal for me. The look on Tamtra's smug face said it all.

If I were Heather I would never forgive Vicki for bringing Terry's name into the fake cancer mess. Being on the show and making an ass of yourself - which Terry does quite often - is one thing but screwing with a physician's medical reputation and credibility is inexcusable and unforgivable. Vicki doesn't care who she destroys (including her own daughter) to get her way, get sympathy, get a story.

I believe a rewatch is necessary to clear your perception.

I could believe that Tamra agreed to go along with Vicki/Brooks cancer lie and then changed her mind BUT I can also see her doubting Brooks on her own because of the Pancreatic Cancer lie he told Vicki to get her to leave Donn. Either way, Tamra saw this cancer lie as "juicy storyline" for the show. ALTHOUGH, if she could have made a buck promoting the Detox Juice at CUT, I don't think she would have outed Vicki/Brooks lie. LOL

ITA, what Vicki did to Terry/Heather is unforgivable IMO.

• Love 9

We live in a surveillance culture, just like 1984.  If Brooks had cancer, somebody would have sold Brooks’ medical records to the tabloids by now or taken an iphone picture of him leaving a medical facility or sitting in a waiting room.  This hasn’t happened because Brooks hasn’t been to treatment.  That he can only provide one flimsy document to prove his case is laughable.  Is Brooks the only man in America who doesn’t get medical bills? 

Brooks has pancreatitis because he drinks too much.  That doesn’t deserve a casserole.

Instead of a casserole for cancer maybe a Rum Cake is the traditional pancreatitis offering.

• Love 16

Brooks claims the radiologist who produced the report works at both facilities.

He did say that BUT the report would have been transcribed at the facility the CAT scan was done at, he claimed he had the scan done at NI UNTIL Meghan outed that they no longer do PET scans and haven't in years. Like always, his story changes AFTER his lies are exposed.

• Love 11

Well, then all I can do is reccommend watching that episode a second time. They, Vicki/Brooks, do not mention Hoag at all, only NI. You could even go back to the episode thread here and read/look to see if anyone mentions Vicki OR Brooks saying Hoag at all.

I posted a recap upthread done after the episode aired, long before it became a question tonight. No mention of Hoag in the write up because it wasn't where he went. Probably wasting my time with this too but, ... 'eh.

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-10/episode-17/videos/brooks-shows-tamra-his-latest-scan

Full episode is available for 4 more hours.

• Love 6

I don't care if Brooks was faking cancer or not at this point.  I'm just pissed at this whole concoction of lies and bullshit all for the sake of drama.  Shannon is annoying the hell out of me because she keeps making everything about her.  "How could you do this to MEEEE!"  "How could you tell your brother and his girlfriend about MEEEE!"  "IIIII have been a good friend to you Vickiiiiii!!!"  "IIIII am your biggest supporter Vickiiiii!!!"  Good Lord woman!!!  Shut the hell up!!!  It got to the point where I couldn't stand hearing her voice anymore.  And Meghan, who are you to tell anyone that they're going to hell?  Shuuuuttt Uuuupppp!!!  And Tamra, shut up trying to act like you are Briana's savior and biggest supporter.  Her delusions of grandeur are sooo annoying.  She just had to tell everyone that Briana texts her.  This whole show has been bullshit and I for one am pissed off for being duped by all of them!!!  :-(

• Love 21

He did say that BUT the report would have been transcribed at the facility the CAT scan was done at, he claimed he had the scan done at NI UNTIL Meghan outed that they no longer do PET scans and haven't in years. Like always, his story changes AFTER his lies are exposed.

That's really what it is for me.

Brooks:I didn't go to city of hope cuz production got the dates wrong?

Andy: I thought you said you had 2 flat tires?

Brooks: OH YEAH! I did have 2 flat tires.

Brooks:here's my pet ct scan from newport imaging

Meghan: they don't do pet/ct scans there

Brooks: Oh yeah! I went to Hoag but they're connected so its basically the same thing.

PUH-LEASE

• Love 16

I don't care if Brooks was faking cancer or not at this point.  I'm just pissed at this whole concoction of lies and bullshit all for the sake of drama.  Shannon is annoying the hell out of me because she keeps making everything about her.  "How could you do this to MEEEE!"  "How could you tell your brother and his girlfriend about MEEEE!"  "IIIII have been a good friend to you Vickiiiiii!!!"  "IIIII am your biggest supporter Vickiiiii!!!"  Good Lord woman!!!  Shut the hell up!!!  It got to the point where I couldn't stand hearing her voice anymore.  And Meghan, who are you to tell anyone that they're going to hell?  Shuuuuttt Uuuupppp!!!  And Tamra, shut up trying to act like you are Briana's savior and biggest supporter.  Her delusions of grandeur are sooo annoying.  She just had to tell everyone that Briana texts her.  This whole show has been bullshit and I for one am pissed off for being duped by all of them!!!  :-(

I might need some casseroles to get me through this but I was in agreement with what Meghan said. She said she didn't think Vicki was going to hell. They played a clip of someone (Vicki? I tuned it out.) saying that if you lie then you go to hell. Then Andy asked Vicki if based on that criteria if she was going to hell. He was trying to get her to say if she was lying or not. Vicki tried to deflect by talking about how much she loves God. Meghan was just pointing out that using that standard, and if it was an SAT question (which I have to admit made me snicker) Vicki would be going to hell.

• Love 12

Good call.

I loved Andy asking why Brooks didn't go to Terry to begin with with the report instead of Tamra, then Brooks saying he should have, Andy countering with you still can and Brooks finially saying he will. Then Andy asks Heather and she reveals that Terry has NOT spoken to Brooks, that Brooks did NOT contact Terry after his interview with Andy! Oh, and I loved Heather revealing that Brooks did NOT go to the Dr he claimed he was going to, who happens to be her neighbor. BUSTED! LOL

• Love 16

I've said before I'm not so bothered by the phoniness going on in all of Satan Andy's shows.  But when it's just too blaring & obvious, I get annoyed.  

That scene of Satan Andy pretending to be doing something on his phone, while Tams & Vicks were supposedly whispering a "heart-to-heart" talk?  Ugh, could it get any phonier?  I mean, there shoulda been a thought balloon over Satan Andy's head saying -- "I (and/or my minion/slave producers) wrote these lines for you both, so you better get the script right or no orange!  

Seriously, half the time in this ep Vicks sounded like she was reading from a script, but that particular scene irked me because both Tams & Vicks sounded so fake.  They're both terrible/awful/pitifully-horrible "actors".

I believe nothing Vicks said.  Nothing.  Nada, zilch, nil, zero.  Not.  A.  Thing.  And I certainly wasn't buying ANY of what she said concerning Crooks.  But she certainly gave herself a storyline that put herself smack dab in the middle of this reunion.  So without Crooks, what would Vicks have to talk about?  Insurance?  Oh, Crooks will be back.  Ratings are great, so I'm sure Satan Andy will offer him & greedy Vicks lots of Bravo dough.  Ew, ick, yuck, feh & blech to all of this.  

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 13