Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E22: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

This whole show has been bullshit and I for one am pissed off for being duped by all of them!!!  :-(

Big time!  Well, class, Satan Andy says the word for this season is . . . duped!  OK then, Satan Andy.

My, my, my, Shannon was very testy, wasn't she?  What was making her so cranky & crabby?  Was it Vicks?  Nah, I don't believe that.  Is it that shitty marriage she's still trying so hard to convince us (er, more like herself) is so wondrously happy, happy, happy, happy now?  Or more colonics?  Hmmmm.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 10

I loved Andy asking why Brooks didn't go to Terry to begin with with the report instead of Tamra, then Brooks saying he should have, Andy countering with you still can and Brooks finially saying he will. Then Andy asks Heather and she reveals that Terry has NOT spoken to Brooks, that Brooks did NOT contact Terry after his interview with Andy! Oh, and I loved Heather revealing that Brooks did NOT go to the Dr he claimed he was going to, who happens to be her neighbor. BUSTED! LOL

A clinician is not supposed to confirm or deny someone is a patient.

• Love 10

ETA

I don't recall ever seeing any letterhead on the small section of Brooks' report that was shown.

When was the letterhead shown? Where can I see it?

----

It's shown between 24:43 and 24:46 (without commercials) in Episode 17.  They show a wider shot first, which shows where the zoomed in section is in the document.  You actually have to watch it instead of looking a still shot of the report.  They're very obviously not the same.

• Love 7

No, a Dr can say that X is not a patient. There is no rule/law barring them from disclosing that. Especially if X made a claim/lie of seeing this Dr on TV.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 14

Brooks is doing another "Brooks Tells All" Bravo interview next week?   Bwah ah ah ha ha ha!  LMAO.  Andy should be damned ashamed of himself for putting we the viewers (or is it us viewers?) through that.  We all know Crooks is gonna lie lie deny until he dies and the audience is STILL not gonna know if he really has/had cancer or not.  I dunno why I watch this shite anyway.  I just feel duped.  And drained.  What a waste of a season.  So stupid.  All of it.  I will not be watching Brooks' interview.  Peace out on that (although I am hoping a few brave souls will be watching so they can comment).

Dumbest, most unresolved season of nothingness to date.  Brooks' faux-cancer? story line chewed up most of the season.  And speaking of chewing, Vicki needs to back away from casserole requests and tuck into a big ole' piece of humble pie IMO. I believe Vicki did think Brooks had cancer for a long time and tried to stand by him to a certain extent but she really threw her cast mates under the bus, verbally attacked them, lied, etc.  What Vicki did to Ms. Terry was flat out unforgivable.

Now I really want tacos al pastor for some reason.  I made a pork roast earlier tonight.  Thanks Tamra, you dumb ass.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 11

Seems like Fireball has some kind of product placement deal with a bunch of Bravo shows... I've seen it on at least a couple housewives shows, and I'm pretty sure it was on Below Deck too. It's good (and yes it tastes like Big Red!) and I know it's popular but it's otherwise too coincidental that it keeps coming up.

Vicki is ridiculous. "I lied so people would feel sorry for me and bring me casseroles!"

Maybe Tamra can ask her pasture if they can take up a collection and start a casserole sign-up sheet at her church?

• Love 12

From what I understand that is incorrect, but if you have a link which states otherwise I'd be happy to read it.

Thanks for the info.

I greatly appreciate it.

A Dr can not divulge any medical information, if a Dr is NOT treating a person and has NEVER seen this person in any type of medical setting, he/she is not breaking any law saying they are NOT a patient or that they have never seen him/her. Can you show me a link that says otherwise?

• Love 16

They cannot deny if a person claims to be a patient.

Yeah, I tend to agree with this.  I was engaged to a physician for a couple of years and he always said rule of thumb was "cannot confirm, cannot deny when a person claims to be a patient".  Say nothing.  But I could be wrong and that just may have been his own personal philosophy to avoid sticky situations.

Now peer to peer convos are a completely different ball of wax.  I am referring to lay people saying "Hey, so-and-so says you're his doctor.  Is that true?"  I could see if a patient flat out lied and said a doctor botched a procedure or a service performed, okay, but Brooks didn't say anything like that.  He just said he was being treated by "Dr. X".

Completely guffawed when the subject of how smart Vicki was came up.  Good Gordon, just no.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 7

FALSE. No medical relationship of any kind exists between a clinician and a person who lies and claims to be a patient therefore no "right to privacy" exists, HIPPA does not apply. A physician or any other medical personnel has the right to deny a medical relationship when none exists, esp if someone with a bad outcome, say someone with a botched plastic surgery, were to lie and claim that Dr.X  did her surgery. Terry denied having a Brooks as a patient when he refuted Vicki's LIE that Terry was called for medical advice when he was supposedly ill after a (fake) chemo treatment.

• Love 19

FALSE. No medical relationship of any kind exists between a clinician and a person who lies and claims to be a patient therefore no "right to privacy" exists, HIPPA does not apply. A physician or any other medical personnel has the right to deny a medical relationship when none exists, esp if someone with a bad outcome, say someone with a botched plastic surgery, were to lie and claim that Dr.X  did her surgery. Terry denied having a Brooks as a patient when he refuted Vicki's LIE that Terry was called for medical advice when he was supposedly ill after a (fake) chemo treatment.

Right.  Agree with this.  But from the impression I got (I could be very wrong) was that Heather was talking about two completely separate physicians?  There was the above fake IV administering physician that you're referencing but then when the subject came up regarding Brooks claiming he was being treated by a certain oncologist, Heather interjected by saying "That's a lie" and something to the effect like "He (the oncologist) is our neighbor, I asked him".  

Heather had already discussed Vicki's lie about Terry's colleague administering the IV to Vicki's face in a prior episode so it was sort of odd to me the way Heather said "He's our neighbor!" (and she asked the doctor if he was treating Brooks?).  Why wouldn't Heather just reiterate "We've been over this before Vicki and as you know Terry's colleague never administered the IV" (or whatever).  Wouldn't that be a stronger sticking point than saying (the supposed oncologist) "He's our neighbor?"

It may be true that physicians can confirm that in fact they are not treating a patient when a lay person asks (i.e. - Heather) but damn, even still... I cannot believe that if, tomorrow, I open a phone book, phone a random physician's office, give a name and say to the person on the other end "Hey, is so-and-so a patient of yours?"  I could not imagine the person on the other end coming back on the line and saying "No, so-and-so is not a patient of Dr. X's" and that being okay? because as some have stated, if the physician is not treating the person/actually taking them on as a patient confidentiality goes out the window?

It's so late and I'm not being very articulate but I think the physician has an obligation to neither confirm nor deny unless the person has flat-out made something very derogatory up about the physician that is untrue.

Edited by beesknees
  • Love 6

Based on my experience what I have written is not false.

If you have different information please provide a link. I would love to read it.

This is quite simple really. The doctor-patient confidentiality rules apply to an existing or prior doctor-patient relationship. HIPPA  defines protected health information  as individually identifiable health information held or disclosed by a covered entity. Brooks had NO medical relationship with the doctor who said Brooks was not his patient. Doctors have a right to protect themselves from false accusation of treating a patient they never treated.  Here is everything you need to know about HIPPA. I will not go into further discussion and details since this was a conversation on another thread and was beat to death. (I REMOVED LINK-SEE BELOW)

This discussion of whether or not the doctor could deny Brooks was his patient (which he was within his rights to do) is a moot point. The point is Brooks lied about being a patient of this doctor to further his cancer lie and the doctor outed him. Trying to blame the doctor for not following some imaginary doctor-patient confidentiality rule (which does not exist as Brooks was not his patient) is a diversionary technique of the type Vicki loves to employ. Rather than addressing the issue of Brooks lying let's divert and talk about the doctor.

ETA: I had provided a link but removed it after reading the post stating you were asked to remove these type links in another thread. WHy are you asking others to provide links when you yourself said they are not allowed are were asked to be removed. Follow your own advice and utilize Google.

Right.  Agree with this.  But from the impression I got (I could be very wrong) aren't they talking about two completely separate physicians?  There was the above guy that you're referencing but then when the subject came up regarding Brooks claiming he was being treated by a certain cancer doctor, Heather interjected by saying "That's a lie" and something to the effect like "He's our neighbor, I asked him".  

Heather had already discussed Vicki's lie about Terry's colleague administering the IV to Vicki's face so it was sort of odd to me the way Heather said "He's our neighbor!" (and she asked the doctor if he was treating Brooks?).  Why wouldn't Heather just reiterate "We've been over this before and as you know Terry's colleague never administered the IV" (or whatever).  Wouldn't that be a stronger sticking point than "He's our neighbor?"

It may be true that physicians can deny that they are not treating a patient when a lay person asks (i.e. - Heather) but damn, even still... I cannot believe that if, tomorrow, I open a phone book, phone a random physician's office, give a name and say to the person on the other end "Hey, is so-and-so a patient of yours?"  I could not imagine the person on the other end coming back on the line and saying "No, so-and-so is not a patient of Dr. X's" and that being okay? because as some have stated, if the physician is not treating the person/taking them on as a patient confidentiality goes out the window?

It's so late and I'm not being very articulate but I think the physician has an obligation to neither confirm nor deny unless the person has flat-out made something very derogatory up about the physician that is untrue.

Yes, it is two separate physicians. I was using Terry as an example of a doctor denying someone, in this case Brooks who claimed  he called Terry for advice regarding an IV, as being a patient.

Brooks certainly has no problems attempting to ruin these physicians' reputations in a bid to keep the lie going, smh.

Edited by happykitteh
  • Love 19

This is quite simple really. The doctor-patient confidentiality rules apply to an existing or prior doctor-patient relationship. HIPPA  defines protected health information  as individually identifiable health information held or disclosed by a covered entity. Brooks had NO medical relationship with the doctor who said Brooks was not his patient. Doctors have a right to protect themselves from false accusation of treating a patient they never treated.  Here is everything you need to know about HIPPA. I will not go into further discussion and details since this was a conversation on another thread and was beat to death. (I REMOVED LINK-SEE BELOW)

This discussion of whether or not the doctor could deny Brooks was his patient (which he was within his rights to do) is a moot point. The point is Brooks lied about being a patient of this doctor to further his cancer lie and the doctor outed him. Trying to blame the doctor for not following some imaginary doctor-patient confidentiality rule (which does not exist as Brooks was not his patient) is a diversionary technique of the type Vicki loves to employ. Rather than addressing the issue of Brooks lying let's divert and talk about the doctor.

ETA: I had provided a link but removed it after reading the post stating you were asked to remove these type links in another thread. WHy are you asking others to provide links when you yourself said they are not allowed are were asked to be removed. Follow your own advice and utilize Google.

Yes, it is two separate physicians. I was using Terry as an example of a doctor denying someone, in this case Brooks who claimed  he called Terry for advice regarding an IV, as being a patient.

Brooks certainly has no problems attempting to ruin these physicians' reputations in a bid to keep the lie going, smh.

All of this is so true but I kind of side-eyed Heather when she said the second physician, (not the supposed IV physician friend of Terry's) but the other man that Brooks claimed was treating him told Heather "No this guy is not my patient" when she asked?  That just seems soooo wrong to me.

I guarantee you - my PCP is my friend, a personal friend of mine, and I know damned well that if I called him tomorrow and said "Hey is XYZ your patient?" he'd reply something to the effect "Now you know I can't divulge that information" even if XYZ was not a patient.  And that's the way it should be.  Damned right answer.  I would expect him to say exactly that.  I dunno.  Just me.  That's why I agree with Scrambled Fog.  

• Love 9

I was asked not to *repost* the links.

If you quote me in the future, please quote me accurately.

----

If you were asked not to repost them one would assume they are not welcome, which would lead one to believe they are *not allowed*

• Love 4

I guarantee you - my PCP is my friend, a personal friend of mine, and I know damned well that if I called him tomorrow and said "Hey is XYZ your patient?" he'd reply something to the effect "Now you know I can't divulge that information" even if XYZ was not a patient.  And that's the way it should be.  Damned right answer.  I would expect him to say exactly that.  I dunno.  Just me.  That's why I agree with Scrambled Fog.  

I think the difference here is your PCP friend isn't having his/her name thrown out on TV and used in a cancer scam where one would need to defend one's reputation.

OMG people, we are *so close* to getting this forum locked up tighter than a drum for arguing.  We're lucky its so late (or so early in the morning).  ;)  I surrender!  

Agreed! Time for me to go to bed. Night evryone!

• Love 8

I think the difference here is your PCP friend isn't having his/her name thrown out on TV and used in a cancer scam where one would need to defend one's reputation.

Agreed! Time for me to go to bed. Night everyone!

True!  But regarding that second physician, Brooks said nothing derogatory/inflammatory that would make that oncologist need to defend his reputation or good name so he should have just said nothing to Heather.  It just seems like its the correct, professional thing to do.

• Love 3

While I respect everyone's opinions here, I do think that there is never going to be enough proof for you, scrambled fog. This isn't a court of law​ where we are going to be given exhibits A-F.  We are never going to be privy to every conversation that confirms every statement ever made on these shows & quite frankly, I don't want it.  I have better things to do with my time than look at hours of uncut footage to prove every claim.

I fully understood Shannon's explanation of how a scan document is laid out (letterhead, etc.) & accept it because I don't see why she would lie about it.  And the nail in the coffin for me is Brooks saying he was going to call Dr. Terry Dubrow to show his "proof" to & has yet to do so.  Do I think anyone should be required to share their medical records with people? No, but don't say you are going to & then don't.

Whatever happened to that big binder with notes and tabs Vicki was telling everyone about?
  • Love 22

What a shit season with two of the fakest storylines ever.  Tamra with her newfound religion/swimming pool Baptism/online church attendance, and Vicki's Cancergate.  Gretchen and Slade were reportedly booted because their storylines were not believable, but Vicki and Tammy will be back next season, guaranteed.  Whether the viewers will join them remains to be seen.

Shannon may be batshit crazy, but at least her stories of infidelity and plastic tubes up her ass were not contrived.

• Love 20

That's possible but I'm leaning towards Brooks having helped Vicki with some shady business deal.  If a sex video with Vicki got out, it would just make people nauseous but if a shady business deal was revealed, it would ruin her business.

I think a sex tape would do a lot of damage to her pious act on t this show. "I'm going to heaven!", indeed!
  • Love 4

Why do these women keep saying how smart Vicki is?  How low is their bar for intelligent individuals?  Never mind them telling her how beautiful she is. 

This times a thousand.  She's a one-trick pony that learned how to sell insurance.  Until the Bravo Bankroll/Fame Train came along, she was working out of a room in her house.  She is uneducated, unworldly, inarticulate, and downright ignorant at times.  Her other "businesses" have failed miserably.  She can't help how she looks but beautiful she is not, and her taste in clothing is atrocious.  She is no catch, unless someone is looking for quasi-fame and a chance to drive a leased Mercedes for free.  Her online groupies have led her to believe that she is someone special and worst of all, a role model for other women.

http://realmrhousewife.com/2015/07/29/vicki-gunvalson-business-ventures-fail-exclusive

Edited by Bella Roche
  • Love 21

If that vile, lying, blasphemous, pathetic Vicks is back next season - gonna quit you, OC!!  This cancer survivor didn't appreciate a storyline based on speculation about a horrible, too often fatal disease - was there no opportunity for 9/11 or child-killer jokes??  (Word to the wise - my grade 3 cancer was detected 7 yrs ago at stage 1 via annual MAMMOGRAM; I'm one of that minority who definitely benefited from this exam - & that's NO LIE!)

• Love 16

I think, although I could be mistaken, Terry was refering to the report. There were several screen shots taken of that report and I suspect that is what he read.

I think the report Terry saw and commented on was the garbled one, but I thought they gave Tamra a copy and took it to Heather and Tammy.
  • Love 3

I've said before I'm not so bothered by the phoniness going on in all of Satan Andy's shows.  But when it's just too blaring & obvious, I get annoyed.  

That scene of Satan Andy pretending to be doing something on his phone, while Tams & Vicks were supposedly whispering a "heart-to-heart" talk?  Ugh, could it get any phonier?  I mean, there shoulda been a thought balloon over Satan Andy's head saying -- "I (and/or my minion/slave producers) wrote these lines for you both, so you better get the script right or no orange!  

Seriously, half the time in this ep Vicks sounded like she was reading from a script, but that particular scene irked me because both Tams & Vicks sounded so fake.  They're both terrible/awful/pitifully-horrible "actors".

I believe nothing Vicks said.  Nothing.  Nada, zilch, nil, zero.  Not.  A.  Thing.  And I certainly wasn't buying ANY of what she said concerning Crooks.  But she certainly gave herself a storyline that put herself smack dab in the middle of this reunion.  So without Crooks, what would Vicks have to talk about?  Insurance?  Oh, Crooks will be back.  Ratings are great, so I'm sure Satan Andy will offer him & greedy Vicks lots of Bravo dough.  Ew, ick, yuck, feh & blech to all of this.

The biggest tell for me about their break was the handheld camera that kept maneuvering and zooming in on them without them noticing.
  • Love 7

Brooks sure looked healthy on those clips they showed, maybe Brooks got into the casseroles and Vicki didn't know they had them. Cuz she works.

I think Vicki and Brooks are liars and I don't need to see any proof. Hey, let's trade casserole recipes.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 21

From what I understand, a clinician cannot confirm or deny someone is or isn't a patient period.

If you have info which states otherwise, I'd be glad to read it.

None of those women are as smart as they think they are.

It is kinda funny how attached they have all become to the that ridiculous storyline.

----

Call any hospital and ask for George Clooney's room.  I guarantee you they will say they don't have a patient by that name if there is no patient by that name in the hospital.  If you call a particular doctor's office and ask if so and so is a patient they may by policy say that cannot confirm or deny if someone is  a patient but it is not a law or a rule.  If a practitioner is asked if George Clooney is his patient and he is not George's doctor he can say he is not treating George.  A simpler way of looking at it is if someone asked Terry if he performed a rhinoplasty on George Clooney-Terry is within his right to say George Clooney is not a patient and/or her has never treated him.  If Terry had performed a rhinoplasty he would most likely cite patient confidentiality.  

• Love 8

Another reason Brooks lied- part eleventy- he states that his cancer has now gone down to stage 2. That just doesn't happen, if you are diagnosed at stage 4 you will always be stage 4 no matter if your cancer totally disappears the next day. 

And no I don't remember which episode it was but it might have been his interview with Andy.

• Love 3

Heather/Tamra made me laugh and at the same time scratch my head when she kept asking Vicki if Brooks "what he had on her."  What was Vicki suppose to say-"Yes, Heather I am afraid he will report my tax fraud, or the sex tape or what I said about your marriages off camera."

Another odd statement was Briana claiming now that Brooks has moved out she and her kids could reclaim their old rooms.  Would Brooks not be living in Vicki's bedroom?  This makes me scratch my head.  Sometimes this Gunvalson crew tries too hard to make a point. 

• Love 7

I think Heather is correct, Brooks has something on Vicki, something bad and very damaging.

I agree. I suspect Brooks has been exposed to the inner workings of Vicki's professional and financial situation. I wouldn't be surprised if there's stuff that the IRS or other regulatory bodies would be interested in. Or maybe it's nothing more than Vicki not being as successful as she claims. Having that outed would mortify her and could also affect her business.

Isn't pancreatic cancer almost always a swiftly moving fatal disease? Ol' Brooks ain't too smart if he claimed he had this kind of cancer.

Vicki sold her soul to the reality TV devil a long time ago. She's morally bankrupt.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 17

I think a sex tape would do a lot of damage to her pious act on t this show. "I'm going to heaven!", indeed!

not only going to Heaven, she said she was a SAINT !!!!!! So gd delusional, I hope they get rid of her next season !!!!!

• Love 4

I think the report Terry saw and commented on was the garbled one, but I thought they gave Tamra a copy and took it to Heather and Tammy.

That is what I meant, the "report" Brooks showed on camera. Vicki sent text messages to everyone after she/Brooks showed Tamra the report but they did not show anyone else the report nor did they give Tamra a copy. Terry made the claim of seeing the report in an interview after that episode aired on TV.

• Love 2

Maybe if Tams prays on it she'll be able to forgive Brooks.

Oh wait, I forgot that her savior is in the "self-absolution" only business; the rest of us can suck it......

Well, at least Tam's forgiven, I mean not by me, Fuck You Tamra!

• Love 11

Same here in California.

My husband's chemo treatment was done in California. I could sit with him if there was an empty chair (a big circle of reclining chairs for cancer patients). Otherwise I had to wait in the waiting room. Obviously there are differences from place to place.

• Love 6

Maybe Brooks has evidence of Vicki in a menage a trois?  

There would go her vehement screaming at the top of her lungs at Lauri on the ski trip!!   ;-)

Personally, I think that if Brooks has anything he is holding over Vicki's head, it is something related to her business, and that is why she stated she was afraid of him.  

• Love 11

Brooks sure looked healthy on those clips they showed, maybe Brooks got into the casseroles and Vicki didn't know they had them. Cuz she works.

I think Vicki and Brooks are liars and I don't need to see any proof. Hey, let's trade casserole recipes.

It's okay if Brooks gets into the casseroles but God forbid he eats any white bread!  I see you Brooks!

• Love 10

Why do these women keep saying how smart Vicki is?  How low is their bar for intelligent individuals?  Never mind them telling her how beautiful she is. 

The other women know how deeply insecure Vicki is, regardless of the confident air she likes to present.  They know that she needs her ego stroked in order for her to like them.  

We all know that in order for Vicki to like or love someone, that someone must constantly affirm how much they admire her - it's just her personality.  She must be an exhausting friend.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 21

I don't know what to make of it (the cancer) and I don't care anymore.   So, I don't have much to say about the reunion for the most part, but I will say this:  In the past I have been very critical of the way Andy handles these reunions.  However, last night I thought he handled it about as well as anyone could have.  It was a mess, and he did his best, shutting people down when necessary so he could get answers to the questions he was asking Vicki.

Other than that...nothing.

Oh yeah - one more thing - my favorite part was when Vicki and Tamara were having their heart to heart and Andy was in the background checking twitter.  Loved it.  He's so not into this anymore.

Edited by mwell345
  • Love 15
I think Vicki and Brooks are liars and I don't need to see any proof.

This is how I feel. PET scans and inconsistent stories aside, just watching Brooks talking with Andy I can tell he's lying. It's in his eyes. He's so fake. And after watching last night, I believe Vicki probably figured it out early on, but either kept her mouth shut because Brooks has something on her or was living in denial because she didn't want to have to start all over in finding a love tank filler. 

But, come on, several years ago Brooks tells her that he might have cancer, conveniently has some tests done while she's out of town with Tamra, and then tells her when she gets back that he doesn't have cancer. There is a very similar story going around with his ex(es). So now he once again is telling you that he has cancer and you believe him? Nah, she knew. 

Isn't pancreatic cancer almost always a swiftly moving fatal disease? Ol' Brooks ain't too smart if he claimed he had this kind of cancer.

Well now, come on, that simply isn't the case. Brooks never had that conversation with Brianna. It was more faulty information relayed via Vicki. Don't you know - anything "hinky" in his story is because Vicki relayed faulty information??? It's all her fault. Brooks is completely on the up and up. 

• Love 20

Maybe Brooks has evidence of Vicki in a menage a trois?  

There would go her vehement screaming at the top of her lungs at Lauri on the ski trip!!   ;-)

Personally, I think that if Brooks has anything he is holding over Vicki's head, it is something related to her business, and that is why she stated she was afraid of him.

I was never convinced by Lori's weak wishy-wishy accusation that Brooks was dating or having sex or partying with a friend of her daughter's who was a stripper or porno star or cocktail waitress.
  • Love 4

I was never convinced by Lori's weak wishy-wishy accusation that Brooks was dating or having sex or partying with a friend of her daughter's who was a stripper or porno star or cocktail waitress.

LOL, Didn't they show a clip of Vicki say something last night about a "poker waitress"? So this "girl" wasn't a "porn star/stripper" but was a waitress at a poker club and Brooks did know/date her.

• Love 11

Thanks for the summary of last night's reunion episode everyone. I cared enough to check in here but not enough to actually watch. I grew so sick of the new housewife named Cancer that I gave up watching.

Edited by nichelle
  • Love 20