Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

These two exhaust me!  Be gay, be straight, be whatever makes you happy but STFU!

This... You do you.. I don't care as long as you're not victimizing someone or abusing a child.

Mariah is one of the angriest people I've ever seen, she's wound up so tight and ready to go off like a bomb at the slightest thing... She's constantly screaming and hollering about something, shes exhausting!

I used to read her comments but after a while I just tuned her out because she's just anger on top of anger, bitching, lecturing, complaining, righteous indignation it never ends... And she's the only one who knows what to do or how to act... all the rest of us are just ugly morons who have no idea how to conduct ourselves properly.

• Love 15
7 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

This... You do you.. I don't care as long as you're not victimizing someone or abusing a child.

Mariah is one of the angriest people I've ever seen, she's wound up so tight and ready to go off like a bomb at the slightest thing... She's constantly screaming and hollering about something, shes exhausting!

I used to read her comments but after a while I just tuned her out because she's just anger on top of anger, bitching, lecturing, complaining, righteous indignation it never ends... And she's the only one who knows what to do or how to act... all the rest of us are just ugly morons who have no idea how to conduct ourselves properly.

This Joan, so much this.

If Mariah didn't have something to bitch about, she's be pissed about THAT.

• LOL 8
  • Love 9
On 1/18/2021 at 10:26 PM, Teafortwo said:

Mariah's Instagram notes her pronouns as "they/them" -- gender-neutral. My guess is she's going for "non-binary" identity because it's "cool" and her idea of radical. 

What confused me was that for several months Mariah's pronouns were listed as "she/they".  Was that done on purpose to indicate that she was confused about her gender identity?  Or because she was not woke enough or grammatically astute enough or proficient enough with Google to write her identifying pronouns correctly (she/her or they/them, not she/they of they/her)?  Someone must have finally clued her in.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 10
On 1/19/2021 at 3:35 PM, questionfear said:

They look like every 20-something masculine of center lesbians...I think they look fine, but also I'm 80% sure I have a similar shirt to the one Audrey is wearing, and I definitely dressed similarly to that when I was 23. I'm a little more cleaned up now that I'm almost 40 but the mac of center aesthetic is definitely my wheelhouse and I think they're right in line with that style. Might not be everyone's taste, but there's nothing odd about how they're dressed. 

Yup! De-lurking just to chime in as a 30-something lesbian to confirm that they are totally in line with the right style. 

Cool that they're experimenting with their clothing and hairstyles and having fun with it, even if the hairstyles aren't exactly flattering. 

But I'm a bit disappointed to see a number of comments here criticising them for 'looking like a man' or 'ugly'. They can dress however they want; they don't owe the world attractiveness or traditional femininity. There's already so much grief given to more masculine-presenting women/lesbians in the world, disappointing to see it here too when there's so much other stuff to snark on (ie: their general attitudes and personalities and grifting lifestyles).

• Love 23
6 minutes ago, toaster99 said:

Yup! De-lurking just to chime in as a 30-something lesbian to confirm that they are totally in line with the right style. 

Cool that they're experimenting with their clothing and hairstyles and having fun with it, even if the hairstyles aren't exactly flattering. 

But I'm a bit disappointed to see a number of comments here criticising them for 'looking like a man' or 'ugly'. They can dress however they want; they don't owe the world attractiveness or traditional femininity. There's already so much grief given to more masculine-presenting women/lesbians in the world, disappointing to see it here too when there's so much other stuff to snark on (ie: their general attitudes and personalities and grifting lifestyles).

Thank you! That sums up how I've been feeling too-there's plenty of substantive reasons to criticize them but their desire to be more masc-of-center isn't really one of them. 

• Love 12
14 hours ago, Cetacean said:

Well, for what it's worth, the fashion snark is distributed equally throughout all members of the Brown Clowns.  Has nothing to do with their life choices.

Exactly, we're 100% equal opportunity snarkers! 👍

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
On 1/19/2021 at 10:35 AM, questionfear said:

They look like every 20-something masculine of center lesbians...I think they look fine, but also I'm 80% sure I have a similar shirt to the one Audrey is wearing, and I definitely dressed similarly to that when I was 23. I'm a little more cleaned up now that I'm almost 40 but the mac of center aesthetic is definitely my wheelhouse and I think they're right in line with that style. Might not be everyone's taste, but there's nothing odd about how they're dressed. 

Thank you very much. Nothing odd about their appearance and the "jokes" about their potential status as trans is gross.

On 1/22/2021 at 9:27 AM, toaster99 said:

Yes, all of this.

On 1/22/2021 at 10:09 AM, Cetacean said:

Well, for what it's worth, the fashion snark is distributed equally throughout all members of the Brown Clowns.  Has nothing to do with their life choices.

Yes, fashion snark is fine, as in, "they dress like they shop at bargain bin thrift stores" not "they look like men tee-hee"

• Love 8

Moderator announcement:

Several posts have been removed for violating the Insensitive Language Policy.

Criticizing a participant’s fashion/style/hair general appearance etc is fine- insinuating that choices invalidate their gender/gender expression/sexual orientation is not.

Mariah has consistently identified as a girl/woman. Unless and until she states otherwise she is a girl/woman and her hair/clothing/general appearance will not indicate anything else.

Please review the GLAAD media reference guide. 

For clarity- “I don’t like Mariah’s xyz.”- perfectly fine. “Mariah is an ugly boy.”- not fine. 

If you have questions please PM me. 

• Love 11
8 hours ago, CandysWrapRoom said:

Yes, fashion snark is fine, as in, "they dress like they shop at bargain bin thrift stores" not "they look like men tee-hee"

I'm not so sure about that.... We've always been allowed to snark on their looks and fashion choices including that they look like a man, or a lumbering bear or a linebacker or a sasquatch just to name a few 😂

The moderator removed the offensive posts so I'm assuming the posts that didn't get removed are fine.

My post said she looks like a "pudgy unattractive man-boy" and it wasn't removed.

• Love 8

I don't care one way or the other how they choose to look...hell I'm a 71 yr old hag and proud of it! They can dress and look any way they choose. My opinion of how they look makes no difference of their social/sexual preference. To each their own. They are free to be whoever they choose... (well Yikes on some of the Pix)...

• Love 5

Bit of sleuthing and apologies if this was already discussed, but appears Mariah’s using all that expensive education for a role she only required a GED for? Unless she’s still studying at Loyola online and doing this as well. 
1E9D2F72-6514-4B4C-8E37-98B8E011E86F.thumb.jpeg.6997200576940aebf59afaf6e6925b62.jpeg

At least she has an honest job that’s not an MLM or a social media grifter now though, so I actually have much respect to her for that.

Looks like her beginning this role coincides with her absence on social media and deleting her website and Twitter account last year and becoming a lot more private. 

Job description below for anyone interested ⬇️

https://southsaltlakecity.casellehire.com/jobs/98693.html

• Useful 7
13 hours ago, suomi said:

Reading the above I got to wondering WTH is a Lululemon educator?

https://www.salon.com/2013/12/31/yoga_spinning_and_a_murder_my_strange_months_at_lululemon/

Wow. I once had a roommate who had done Landmark and was trying to get out of it. During that time, however, she hosted a get-together for prospective acolytes. One of the weirdest evenings I've ever spent. I already knew it was a cult because they expected followers to recruit and to keep signing up for more and more expensive "classes" (that were designed to break you down emotionally). My roommate eventually got out of it, by marrying a guy she'd just met (not in Landmark) and getting pregnant in the span of two months. 

ETA: at the time, it was called "Landmark Education" and was an offshoot of Werner Erhard's EST.

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Love 3

I watched a true crime show about the Lululemon murder, I think it might have been on "Dateline" or "On the Case with Paula Zahn" or "48 hr mystery"

I don't think they revealed that the store was Lululemon and just made it sound like a store that sold tennis shoes and exercise clothing.

It's a really weird story, the one girl tied herself up after stabbing her co-worker to death, it was a blood bath really brutal and the cops were very suspicious of her story that 2 ninja knife murderers entered the store and tried to kill them both, meanwhile people in the adjacent business heard crashing, screaming, shouting and what sounded like a TV being ripped off the wall and smashed but they didn't do anything, they thought it was just the employees having an enthusiastic conversation or something like usual..... I was like "what kind of employees sound like they're screaming and ripping tv's off the wall and smashing shit during conversations and regular work hours?"...Then I found out that it was Lululemon and it made sense. 😲

Edited by Joan of Argh
SpellingK
  • Love 2

I remember when Scientology tried to bring est down, saying that it was a cult. Ooh, cult fight! Didn't know that Landmark originated with est.

Much of what that article described sounds like second nature for Mariah. When did our little yogini go to Bali? 2019. Was she one-upping the other "educators"?

Edited by suomi
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I was like "what kind of employees sound like they're screaming and ripping tv's off the wall and smashing shit during conversations and regular work hours?"...Then I found out that it was Lululemon and it made sense. 😲

Guess you never worked at Gap Kids. Just kidding. We never ripped TVs off the wall.

• LOL 3
14 hours ago, suomi said:

Didn't know that Landmark originated with est.

I checked wikipedia to refresh my memory, and it seems that Erhard sold EST as intellectual property and the buyers created Landmark. Landmark used to advertise on NYC subways as "Landmark Education." It turned out they ran seminars where participants were not allowed to go to the bathroom for many hours etc. - the usual cultic "break you down" patterns. Also, my roommate felt an immense amount of pressure not only to recruit but also to volunteer many hours at Landmark training events. This looks interesting and even mentions a connection with the methodology of MLM selling: https://theartistryofglorifiedbullshit.wordpress.com/2019/01/19/landmark-banned-french-documentary-surfaces/

Anyway, not to get too far off from Mariah, it does seem creepy that Lululemon "rewarded" employees by sending them to Landmark. That's really eerie, and makes me wonder what Lululemon received in return. 

I believe Mariah worked at Lulu after attending the Bali classes, if my memory serves.

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Useful 5
1 hour ago, Teafortwo said:

I believe Mariah worked at Lulu after attending the Bali classes, if my memory serves.

You’re correct, according to social media she got the job a couple of months after returning (still says she presently works at Lululemon but I’m guessing she just forgot to end date that role when she added her new one and assumed it would automatically do it).

. 00A1388F-070C-4978-ABBB-BEB658ED2801.thumb.jpeg.dd4c3cf4838a211fd26fc225e13a264c.jpegB098424C-9018-4C79-A8ED-C035F52D97A6.thumb.jpeg.b7352b845d38995d3bd5d53b708718b6.jpeg 

I’d imagine she loved lording it over all the ‘Lululemon Educators’
*coughretailsalespeople*cough, that she’d ‘trained in Bali’ and was a star influencer on Instagram (well in her own mind anyway).

I’m sure her background in MLM and the AUB religion made it a natural transition to a job culture, of being told exactly how to think and behave. 

Definitely after gaining that job, she ramped up the Insta sales posts*,  created her self-absorbed website and started fashioning herself as a ‘blogger/influencer’ - moves I’m positive were inspired by the Lulu/Landmark goal-setting koolaid, as it all ended abruptly after she went back to Utah and apparently commenced this other job. 

*side note - who remembers that glorious juice ad post, where she was spectacularly called-out by college friend, for never actually drinking the juice in college, as stated 😆.

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Typo
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

who remembers that glorious juice ad post, where she was spectacularly called-out by college friend, for never actually drinking the juice in college, as stated

I always wonder what happened to the bee campaign.  She probably wouldn't recognize one now if it stung her.

• LOL 14
36 minutes ago, Cetacean said:

I always wonder what happened to the bee campaign.  She probably wouldn't recognize one now if it stung her.

She dropped that like a hot potato, didn't she?  I do remember also, Sofa, where someone called Snowflake out on her bullshit about that drink.  

Like many if not all narcissists, Mariah rilly thinks highly of herself.  I hope she influences no one with her phony crap posts.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Lululemon Educator =  glorified salesperson within a cult.

MLM Salesperson is now an Educator. Here that all you teachers and professors? You could have saved some time and money by promoting Amway and then call yourself a Professor.

Mariah's spin on reality. 

And from her Program Manager job description:

"Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, other agencies, participants, and the general public."

This one has got to be a challenge for her.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2

Mariah is so inspiring. 

While picking up dog presents in my backyard, I was ruminating about Mariah marketing herself as an Educator as a result of her experience shilling Lululemon. Halfway thru my wonderful task, it dawned on me. I have not been giving myself enough credit. My past includes stints as Store Manager at a number of Limited stores. Following Mariah's logic, I could be Secretary of Education, but only at the state level. Had I kept at it and risen to the level of District Manager, my trajectory could be Secretary of Education for the entire USA!!!

Thanks Mariah! I'm feeling better about myself!

Edited by itsadryheat
  • LOL 15
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Cetacean said:

What is her cause du jour now?  Well, whatever it is she's likely to forget about it by tomorrow night.

"Menstrual support" for trans men and non-binary people who suffer from endometriosis.

ETA: I'm not reposting the image. It's stark and rather unsettling.

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

"Menstrual support" for trans men and non-binary people who suffer from endometriosis.

Oh, well, sure that's on my mind all of the time, too.  Worry about it constantly.

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, LilWharveyGal said:

That's rich. The only reason anyone even knows of Mariah Brown is because of the sexual preferences of her very straight parents.

Like Kody's high school classmates, I'm not sure Kody is "very straight".  Not that there is anything wrong with that, but it is preferable to know oneself before bringing children into the world.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 7

Isn't humanity about "the who we love, the communities we form, the art we create, the shared experiences"?  I realize that might be more challenging for the LGBTQ community but it doesn't preclude defining the human race the same way.  I don't define my gay relatives by their "sex lives" but what kind of people they are.  I only care if they treat others as they wish to be treated. 

Do unto others a tenet of pretty much every religion on earth.

• Love 17