Type keyword(s) to search

Leon Brown: So Here's Me

Pallas
Message added by Scarlett45,

Leon is transgender and uses they/them pronouns. As defined in the GLAAD guidelines, they are a they, were a they, and will be a they unless they ever tell us something different.  Per those guidelines, referring to them as a woman or a girl or as she is not okay, regardless of any modifier placed before these words or the time period being discussed.  Referring to them by any name besides "Leon" or "Leo" is not appropriate, regardless of the time period being discussed. Intent matters and people may slip up. Let's strive to respect their identity.

Please review the guidelines of the site regarding the Hate Speech and Insensitive Language Policy, which includes guidelines from GLAAD for the LGBTQ+ community.

Also remember the Golden Rule of Primetimer is Be Civil.

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

One just has to wonder how long this one will last...

For just 2 seconds I wanted to give her credit for doing something helpful, then I remembered--it's Mariah. This will be over as quickly as the photo op regarding the plight of the honeybees. Deep down, Mariah is always about Mariah. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TurtlePower said:

For just 2 seconds I wanted to give her credit for doing something helpful, then I remembered--it's Mariah. This will be over as quickly as the photo op regarding the plight of the honeybees. Deep down, Mariah is always about Mariah. 

Exactly.  I can see her taking any money she gets and using it to buy cheap craft items to make her crystal grids that Mommy will then try to sell for an insane price, and Mariah telling us that a portion of those proceeds will go to her "charity."  The only problem is - any portion of $0.00 is going to be zero.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

"i'll be using some of my own cash to make these kits".

I can't help but wonder just where her "own cash" is coming from.  While in Chicago, she was promoting a brand of work-out clothing and a gym online to her faithful followers and I guess there was some cash flow for that endeavor.  One would expect that any income generated would have gone to supplement her expensive Chicago lifestyle and trip to Bali...or did Martyr Mom Meri pick up the tab for everything?

• Love 9

Mariah says that she is working on channeling her anger into doing something good.  The thing is, I can't imagine she's going to get enough money sent to her to buy the things she says she needs to make these kits.  So I would say that in approximately 7 - 10 days, we can expect to see Angry Mariah back on IG, ranting about how she tried to change the world but no one would give her any money so she can't do anything now, and are we happy about that, and how we all suck.  🙂

• Love 13
17 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

Did Mariah say who the recipients of these kits would be and how they would be distributed?

I believe @Kohola3 - Mariah's driving around, tossing (throwing) bags at shabby-looking people.  That's how she's channeling her anger.  I want to believe that she is also coordinating with the Parowan Prophet, her neighbor across the street, because he has the established charitable giving infrastructure.  

I also agree with the many others who noted that Mariah's act of kindness will not last for more than a moment, if it happens at all.  Her goals were virtue signaling, and, of course, grifting.  I'll look to see if they're wearing gloves while making the rice krispy treats or selling blankets and Spirographs off a tarp in Meri's next video.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Silly, that's for her to know and you to find out!  Send money now, ask questions later!

Of, course! Silly me to even question Her (Their ?--not sure of the correct pronoun) Royal Highness. I am sure I am not worthy to ask such an audacious question. I really do wonder though!  Not that I would EVER consider donating to her. Even if she could prove to me that she was on the up and up, I prefer to support local charities.

• Love 6
21 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Mariah says that she is working on channeling her anger into doing something good.  The thing is, I can't imagine she's going to get enough money sent to her to buy the things she says she needs to make these kits.  So I would say that in approximately 7 - 10 days, we can expect to see Angry Mariah back on IG, ranting about how she tried to change the world but no one would give her any money so she can't do anything now, and are we happy about that, and how we all suck.  🙂

Isn't yoga supposed to help with that, and isn't Mariah supposed to be "teacher" of said activity? 🤫

I've really always wondered, given Mariah's personality, how yoga even came into her life and how such a disagreeable person like Mariah could find enlightenment in it. It certainly hasn't done much for her and I feel like it was done purely for appearances of enlightenment versus actual (I remember rolling my eyes when she was in Bali). 

Edited by TurtlePower
  • Love 10
21 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

Did Mariah say who the recipients of these kits would be and how they would be distributed?

Based on her rants, is it cynical of me to assume that recipients must be BIPOC, LGBTQ+, non-bra-wearers who voted a certain way? (And that when Mariah can't find a ton of these folx in Utah she'll pocket the money?)

• Love 18

I wouldn’t be surprised if Mariah gave up on yoga.  Her ‘woke ideology’ would consider it cultural appropriation since she’s not from India.  Must suck for her to live by such weird rules...but she also loves to tell people what to do and shame them, so that must be why she’s committed. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Stefphill said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Mariah gave up on yoga.  Her ‘woke ideology’ would consider it cultural appropriation since she’s not from India.  Must suck for her to live by such weird rules...but she also loves to tell people what to do and shame them, so that must be why she’s committed. 

Many Hindus do consider it cultural appropriation--to them it's become an insulting, pumpkin-spice, privileged white girl activity that has been washed of its true nature. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 3

This is no doubt an unpopular opinion, but I am not a fan of yoga. With the exception of one excellent teacher who taught "yoga therapeutics" where we all went at our own pace and she came around to check our positions, the instructors don't generally observe their students enough to make sure we aren't hurting ourselves. I also know of many long-time practitioners who have thrown out their lower backs, hips etc doing yoga. Yoga "flow" in particular is very dangerous if you don't know how to do it properly. Just under 3 years ago, I went to seven free classes at a local yoga studio (they offered a week free to sample the different instructors). I found one instructor I really liked, in a Hatha Yoga class. It turned out he wasn't a fan of yoga either, because so many people overextend themselves. He taught the yoga in separate poses, to avoid the injuries from improper flow movements. He pointed out that even downward dog has risks, for people whose joints don't accommodate reaching their arms that high above their bodies. Essentially, when one is in downward dog, that is what one is doing, and other parts of the body can try to compensate for it - thereby causing other problems.

This teacher had another class at the studio, called Kinstretch. It is a method of functional range conditioning that allows you to improve your range of motion in a method tailored to your own body. Instead of the passive stretches of yoga, it involves active stretching where the muscles are engaged (firing) in support of the joints. (There are videos and a website online.) A lot of athletes practice it.  For example if you reach above your head, while standing, and experience pain, you lower your reach until comfortable and perform the movement from that position. After a few sessions you can usually reach higher without pain (unless you have an injury).

Sadly, the yoga studio, a national chain, closed its NYC locations early in the pandemic -- and went out of business completely by June or July. I was briefly in touch with my teacher in late March but have not heard back from him since. He was a former NYC police officer and a wonderful guy. I believe that the form of exercise called "Essentrics" that I've heard is popular on the West Coast is similar to Kinstretch. The main thing is the active rather than passive stretching. 

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk LOL

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Useful 4
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

This is no doubt an unpopular opinion, but I am not a fan of yoga. With the exception of one excellent teacher who taught "yoga therapeutics" where we all went at our own pace and she came around to check our positions, the instructors don't generally observe their students enough to make sure we aren't hurting ourselves

So much depends on the instructor and his/her attention to the students.  I do chair yoga with a wonderful unstructor who offered as an option for those of us who would need a crane to get off the floor.  She also teaches "normal" yoga for the more limber and  younger crowd.  Even in a chair she helps each student adapt to the moves and we also stand for some portions.  We're all old as dirt with various orthopedic problems and she always finds a way to accommodate us and never makes anyone feel badly for not being able to do something.  I am not into the meditative part of yoga (mostly my mind goes to things like making a grocery list or planning my week) but I do appreciate the gentle stretching that we do.  You can do a version of downward dog using a chair and some of my fellow attendees are more flexible than others but my instructor never lets anyone go too far.

I can't see Snowflake being tolerant of anyone who can't do things exactly as she is demanding. 

• Love 9
18 hours ago, Teafortwo said:

This is no doubt an unpopular opinion, but I am not a fan of yoga. With the exception of one excellent teacher who taught "yoga therapeutics" where we all went at our own pace and she came around to check our positions, the instructors don't generally observe their students enough to make sure we aren't hurting ourselves. I also know of many long-time practitioners who have thrown out their lower backs, hips etc doing yoga. Yoga "flow" in particular is very dangerous if you don't know how to do it properly. Just under 3 years ago, I went to seven free classes at a local yoga studio (they offered a week free to sample the different instructors). I found one instructor I really liked, in a Hatha Yoga class. It turned out he wasn't a fan of yoga either, because so many people overextend themselves. He taught the yoga in separate poses, to avoid the injuries from improper flow movements. He pointed out that even downward dog has risks, for people whose joints don't accommodate reaching their arms that high above their bodies. Essentially, when one is in downward dog, that is what one is doing, and other parts of the body can try to compensate for it - thereby causing other problems.

This teacher had another class at the studio, called Kinstretch. It is a method of functional range conditioning that allows you to improve your range of motion in a method tailored to your own body. Instead of the passive stretches of yoga, it involves active stretching where the muscles are engaged (firing) in support of the joints. (There are videos and a website online.) A lot of athletes practice it.  For example if you reach above your head, while standing, and experience pain, you lower your reach until comfortable and perform the movement from that position. After a few sessions you can usually reach higher without pain (unless you have an injury).

Sadly, the yoga studio, a national chain, closed its NYC locations early in the pandemic -- and went out of business completely by June or July. I was briefly in touch with my teacher in late March but have not heard back from him since. He was a former NYC police officer and a wonderful guy. I believe that the form of exercise called "Essentrics" that I've heard is popular on the West Coast is similar to Kinstretch. The main thing is the active rather than passive stretching. 

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk LOL

I've had mixed feelings on yoga for some time. I first learned of its origin studying Hinduism in college and I never looked at "commercial" yoga the same after that (which is why I gave Mariah the stink eye when she went to Bali). I'm sure there are respectful ways to enjoy the benefits of yoga, but many studios have stripped it of its actual meaning, repainted it and marketed it to middle class white women. I can imagine that for those who use yoga as part of their actual religion, it might be a bit insulting. 

Someone like Mariah just wears yoga as a fashion accessory, something she can take on and off whenever she wants to. She doesn't appear to have any genuine respect for it especially given her ugly, angry personality. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
On 12/16/2020 at 2:43 PM, Kohola3 said:

I can't see Snowflake being tolerant of anyone who can't do things exactly as she is demanding. 

On 12/17/2020 at 8:21 AM, TurtlePower said:

Someone like Mariah just wears yoga as a fashion accessory, something she can take on and off whenever she wants to. She doesn't appear to have any genuine respect for it especially given her ugly, angry personality. 

Mariah is singularly unsuited to be a yoga teacher because she's an angry, narcissistic person and I too think she did her teacher training as an accessory.  If anything, she could've put out a couple of free yoga videos during this time when no one can get out to attend a class.  But that would've been altruistic and selfless, and Mariah is neither of those things.

I was actually considering teacher training myself for 2021, but since I have well and truly fallen off the yoga wagon in 2020, I don't think 2021 is my year, LOL.  I have been fortunate to have a couple of really great teachers in the past that got me very interested in yoga.  What made me first consider taking it to a new (and scary!) level of trying out teacher training was that I started yoga at age 35 to see if I could undo some muscle tightness (it eventually did just that).  There's a sequence of poses called chaturanga that calls for some pretty good arm strength, of which I had none.  Whenever it was called for in class, I'd just drop on down to the floor and watch everyone else do it.  By age 45, I surprised myself when I discovered that I could do it too (mind you, I was not attending regular classes for those ten years, it was very hit or miss).  I still do those few poses a few times a week just to make sure I still can.  But I found it a nice surprise that poses I could not do 20 years ago, I can do now.  

But I would not attend a class taught by Pudge if she paid me to show up.  I can see her fussing and stomping around telling her students that they aren't doing it "right," and then ending class early because her uterus hurts.

• Love 10

I'm guessing it Mariah 's helping the poor kits ever take off it will be through mostly donations she manages to wiggle out of manufacturers who don't know her!

With the donations her father, mother's and a trillion siblings will all be outfitted by Mariah's hard work.

If there are leftovers she'll give them to a couple of friends...in need of course!

• Love 2

"whose things have been damaged or stolen by the city".....so what is she trying to say here?  Persecution of the homeless by city officials?  Not saying it doesn't happen but she needs to be more clear.  Or maybe she thinks the veiled references will evoke sympathy?  Again, her communication skills are sorely lacking.  Hard to support a cause when you aren't clear on what's happening.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

"whose things have been damaged or stolen by the city".....so what is she trying to say here?  Persecution of the homeless by city officials?  Not saying it doesn't happen but she needs to be more clear.  Or maybe she thinks the veiled references will evoke sympathy?  Again, her communication skills are sorely lacking.  Hard to support a cause when you aren't clear on what's happening.

Exactly everyone is just supposed to believe what she says, no accountability or receipts.

I wouldn't trust her with a nickle let alone cash sent to her personally.

Who knows what she's doing with the money or how much money she's received.

The whole thing sounds very amateurish and silly.

I'll stick to well known charities who have a good track record of actually helping people.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
11 minutes ago, itsadryheat said:

Who knew Parowan had a branch of Chaz / Chop.

So glad Mariah is here to help the unsheltered.

Is it clear where she is? Parowan/Chicago/ Salt Lake City???? She seems to flit around a lot.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

I think she's talking about Salt Lake City. The homeless camps are evaluated every year before winter comes so the latest chapter in the ongoing saga  is in its third month. 

It got dicier than usual this year between the do-something and leave-them-alone factions. Homeowners are infuriated and beyond fed up, the other side appears to accomplish very little.

But, this year two hotels have been pressed into service as winter housing because they're empty due to the pandemic. 

I think Mariah has thrown in with those who prefer not to accept housing that comes with limits and rules. 

The SL Tribune covers it a lot but you can't read it unless you subscribe.

Parowan in 3 hours and 230 miles from SLC.

Perhaps Meri will donate some rooms at Lizzie's to the cause. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Update:

F8F848EF-61CB-4C8E-97D2-C46BAE8B4EF3.jpeg

How do we know she actually made those packets? Did she post pictures of her with the 35 finished packets? I can’t imagine much was donated if the total of 35 also includes her donation. 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

How do we know she actually made those packets? Did she post pictures of her with the 35 finished packets? I can’t imagine much was donated if the total of 35 also includes her donation. 

No pictures, and she has comments turned off on the post.

• Useful 3

It seems overly ambitious to include a sleeping bag at a minimal cost of $30 for an inferior product, unless she is thinking about Mylar which can probably be purchased for under $5. each.

She is in for a rude awakening if she has visions of hexself stepping into a tent city and playing Lady Bountiful, the more aggressive inhabitants will snatch up those kits, possibly leaving those in genuine need with nothing.  She would have been far better advised to take the monetary donations to those that are experienced in the distribution of these care packages.  Better yet, she could suggest to her faithful followers that they make the donations directly to a registered charity and leave it up to them to decide what, where, and how these transactions take place.  I'm sure there are already systems in place set up for this purpose.

Mariah wants to take credit for this personally, which destroys the true meaning of charity and makes her appear to be an attention seeking clown. 

• Love 17
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Update:

F8F848EF-61CB-4C8E-97D2-C46BAE8B4EF3.jpeg

This is so vague (purposely so, I believe). A "kit" might  contain just some cheese crackers, a bottle of water and a mask. Which people got them? How much of the money did Mariah keep for her own expenses. There is NO accountability here.  Yet she thinks we will be inspired by this less than informative post to blindly donate money to her to use at her discretion.  Count me OUT!

Edited to add: I checked back to her original grifting post and saw the list of the items that were supposed to be included in the kits and there were many more.  However,  we have no way to know if those things were included in all or any of the kits. I agree that a picture of the completed kits might have been more convincing.  I still wouldn't have donated a cent to her. As my mama used to say, I don't trust her any farther than I can throw her! 

Edited by Liddy52
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
33 minutes ago, Liddy52 said:

I still wouldn't have donated a cent to her. As my mama used to say, I don't trust her any farther than I can throw her! 

What really bothers me is that she's not a registered non profit (501c3). There is zero accountability. The money she purports to have received could just as easily be used to pad her brunch fund. Anyone who gives to her is a complete dupe. 

Edited by Teafortwo
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

No pictures, and she has comments turned off on the post.

Then she's up to something.  You can't ask people to send you money and then turn off comments in the same post - I assume people are asking her exactly what she's doing, or want proof of her "kits."  I suppose she has some followers who take her word as gospel and believe whatever crap she says, but what she's doing is super fishy.  She should just go back to living in the dusty attic at Lizzie's and making some more dollar store crystal grids for Mommy.  Leave the charity for those who truly believe in doing good, not doing good for appearances' sake.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
11 hours ago, Gramto6 said:

Is it clear where she is? Parowan/Chicago/ Salt Lake City???? She seems to flit around a lot.

Maybe she and Audrey should get jobs as truck drivers; they could then play the Lady's Bountiful across the nation, on top of not living off of poor Ol Meri and her Lularag biz. 🤣

• Love 7

I still don't know where Mariah is living - I assumed she's been at the B&B since March but did she give up the Chicago apartment?  It would make sense if she and Audge can't afford it if they aren't working, but is she there solo or is Audge with her?  Are they there solely for the free place to crash?  Are they helping Meri with her abundance of LLR shipments?  I suppose those hairy Rice Krispie treats don't bake and ship themselves but I get the impression that Mariah just stomps all over the B&B and whines about how she hates everyone because they won't give her money and that she can't get a decent $8 cup of coffee and a vegan hot dog in Parowan, while Meri tip-toes around, afraid to set Mariah off on her next tirade.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

I assumed she's been at the B&B since March but did she give up the Chicago apartment?

I'm assuming they gave up the Chicago apt. when they moved to Salt Lake for Mariah's summer internship/job/whatever. Meri posted an old photo of Mariah's dog recently, saying how much she missed the dog (Mosby). So that means Mariah is not at the B&B for now. Or maybe she is, and Meri is in AZ who knows? But presumably if Mariah were at the b&b Meri would be too.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Maybe she and Audrey should get jobs as truck drivers; they could then play the Lady's Bountiful across the nation, on top of not living off of poor Ol Meri and her Lularag biz. 🤣

and their unofficial comfort pups could join them 

• LOL 8
10 hours ago, Liddy52 said:

This is so vague (purposely so, I believe). A "kit" might  contain just some cheese crackers, a bottle of water and a mask.

And another issue with this kind of venture is one person donates, say, forty masks and a second person brings another 50.  Then you have 90 masks but nothing else. 

We have the same issue with backpack programs (pre-Covid) where people buy tons of cheap stuff like pencils but there were no backpacks to put anything in because nobody donated those. It's way more efficient to have one person do shopping and spread the money out to all of the items.  Not that I'd trust Princess with one cent of my money.

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
On 12/21/2020 at 8:11 PM, Kohola3 said:

And another issue with this kind of venture is one person donates, say, forty masks and a second person brings another 50.  Then you have 90 masks but nothing else. 

We have the same issue with backpack programs (pre-Covid) where people buy tons of cheap stuff like pencils but there were no backpacks to put anything in because nobody donated those. It's way more efficient to have one person do shopping and spread the money out to all of the items.  Not that I'd trust Princess with one cent of my money.

True.  I watch a YouTuber that has a fund people can donate to.  He then contacts companies that make travel size products and purchases bulk packages of items.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I doubt anything will come of this venture. It is another "Save the Bees" grab at fame/aggrandizement. "Look at me how good I am!" If it was real we'd see photos of the kits and her handing them out to "those deserving" them. I call bull on the whole thing...

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Gramto6 said:

I doubt anything will come of this venture. It is another "Save the Bees" grab at fame/aggrandizement. "Look at me how good I am!" If it was real we'd see photos of the kits and her handing them out to "those deserving" them. I call bull on the whole thing...

I agree if she put together a bunch of kits she'd have 50 pics of herself with them and pics presenting them to homeless people and pics taking a bow next to all the people she helped.

There hasn't been a single image not even a crappie selfie 

I agree, she's full of shit.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I agree if she put together a bunch of kits she'd have 50 pics of herself with them and pics presenting them to homeless people and pics taking a bow next to all the people she helped.

There hasn't been a single image not even a crappie selfie 

I agree, she's full of shit.

Mariah wants the appearance of caring to make herself look good. Everything she does is to boost herself higher on her undeserved, self-made ladder of bad vibes and selfishness.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

This is the part of her post that is telling. It’s about Mariah, and probably suggested by a therapist.

4A8A5848-415A-47D2-ACDB-7E7DB575AAF4.jpeg

She is taking her anger and "turing" it into self serving egotism.  It might suit her better to work on humility first.

• LOL 4
  • Love 11