Type keyword(s) to search

Say Yes To The Dress - General Discussion

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

He was the worst.  I would wager dollars to donuts that Daddy's Little Princess is no longer married and is back living under his roof having bullied the husband to death.

Yep - he was just the worst.  Mean and condescending.  Take off that damn bandana!!!  You are in Kleinfelds.

Last week I was watching a rerun of a SYTTD Atlanta (which I never watched, because ugh Monte, but I'm now finding it's not so bad).  This was from 2012, and there was a family there buying a wedding dress for their 17-year-old daughter (in braces, she looked like she was 12 years old).  I got the feeling they were of the same religion as the Duggers, because in the talking head the daughter said she was in the "courting" stage and was waiting until the altar for their first kiss.  And Dad wasn't having any of the dresses because it showed a little upper chest (not cleavage, mind you, she hadn't grown any yet).  Daughter wouldn't have any dress until approved by Daddy.  My God, if you are so against any skin showing, maybe your 17-year-old daughter shouldn't be marrying and *gasp* *horrors* having sex!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, roughing it said:

Last week I was watching a rerun of a SYTTD Atlanta (which I never watched, because ugh Monte, but I'm now finding it's not so bad).  This was from 2012, and there was a family there buying a wedding dress for their 17-year-old daughter (in braces, she looked like she was 12 years old).  I got the feeling they were of the same religion as the Duggers, because in the talking head the daughter said she was in the "courting" stage and was waiting until the altar for their first kiss.  And Dad wasn't having any of the dresses because it showed a little upper chest (not cleavage, mind you, she hadn't grown any yet).  Daughter wouldn't have any dress until approved by Daddy.  My God, if you are so against any skin showing, maybe your 17-year-old daughter shouldn't be marrying and *gasp* *horrors* having sex!

I remember that one too - the braces were like.....really?  She looked very young, too.  No dress without Daddy's approval?  Really?  Yes they were fundamentalist Christian, which is fine, I just don't see the need to announce your virginity nor the other end:  "Look, I am not sure I can wear white as I slept with twelve guys in college."  

The dresses she tried on were not all that cleavage showing, either.

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 5:19 PM, Kohola3 said:

He was the worst.  I would wager dollars to donuts that Daddy's Little Princess is no longer married and is back living under his roof having bullied the husband to death.

I had to google her.   I found her.  She already had a child with the groom before the wedding.  The little boy looked to be 1 to 2 years old.  They have another child, and they were still married.  She'd announced she was opening a donut/coffee shop down in FL somewhere (sorry I forget the area).  Wanna bet Daddy financed part of that?  

Half of the time when there's something wrong in fittings, the bride thought it fit more like this, when it was supposed to fit the way it is fitting now.  It's been so long since they picked the dress (6 months to a year for some), they're probably frazzled with everything else they have to do that they're spazzing over the slightest thing that appears to be wrong.  I don't know how the consultants and alterations people deal with some of these divas.

I just don't understand paying that much for a dress.  The average price is 1.5 to 3k?  But 6k or more is just too much for me.  You wear it a few hours, less if you have to have dress 2 or 3.  The ones who go 1 or 2k over budget, ok I could see either budgeting other items differently, but to double the cost, I don't understand.  You'd want the day to be nice and it should be special even if you were married in the courthouse, because the entire point is marrying someone you want to spend the rest of your life with - which doesn't mean it needs to be a Vegas spectacular.   Having been broke to the point of juggling bills years ago, I am very cautious with expenditures now, because that rainy day could be tomorrow.

• Love 3

Today the show came on the Atlanta one where a bunch of girls wanted a "snatch" dress for their friend, as in "that dress is SNATCH!" They are very young; here's the Urban Dictionary's def of "snatch."

"

snatch

The second most horrific sounding nickname for the human female's genitals(after c***). So much so that it can only be properly applied when descibing genitals that are presumed or understood to be filthy or disgusting."

I'm sure most of the production team knew what it meant and must've been DY-ing.

• Love 1

The ones who go 1 or 2k over budget, ok I could see either budgeting other items differently, but to double the cost, I don't understand.

What bugs me the most is when someone in the entourage insists that a bride should not worry about the price at all and encourages her to try on dresses way, way, way over budget.  Unless you're paying for it, you need to shut up about the price.

• Love 5
On 10/15/2017 at 1:02 PM, hoosier80 said:

I had to google her.   I found her.  She already had a child with the groom before the wedding.  The little boy looked to be 1 to 2 years old.  They have another child, and they were still married.  She'd announced she was opening a donut/coffee shop down in FL somewhere (sorry I forget the area).  Wanna bet Daddy financed part of that?  

Thank you for googling her - saved me the trouble!

I watched some of today's marathon.

Unicorn dress girl - a bridal salon is not likely to carry the type of dress that you want. She would have been better off finding a local  dress designer who can make her the quirky dress she would like. However, she did find something that was unicorny enough. Also look in to the very real possibility that you may be married to your husband 20 years later and not be so unicorn-y and look at your wedding photo and cringe. Styles do change. And if mom is paying for the dress, she has an input. Save the unicorn dress for the reception.

Bride who wasn't happy with gowns at her budget level - pay the difference from what your parents can afford. Even if you have to work out a payment plan with them for a couple of years.

Tall bride who could not decide on any sort of dress - come by yourself and choose what you want. Again, if mom and dad are footing the bill, they can naysay your choice. Or probably just cough up the cash to make their little princess happy.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I watched some of today's marathon.

Unicorn dress girl - a bridal salon is not likely to carry the type of dress that you want. She would have been better off finding a local  dress designer who can make her the quirky dress she would like. However, she did find something that was unicorny enough. Also look in to the very real possibility that you may be married to your husband 20 years later and not be so unicorn-y and look at your wedding photo and cringe. Styles do change. And if mom is paying for the dress, she has an input. Save the unicorn dress for the reception.

Bride who wasn't happy with gowns at her budget level - pay the difference from what your parents can afford. Even if you have to work out a payment plan with them for a couple of years.

Tall bride who could not decide on any sort of dress - come by yourself and choose what you want. Again, if mom and dad are footing the bill, they can naysay your choice. Or probably just cough up the cash to make their little princess happy.

Oh my god.  Unicorn girls husband was super hot.  Like I could climb that all day hot.  Sorry if that’s creepy. 

I don’t see how mom paying for the dress means she has any input.  That sounds pretty controlling, IMO.  A close friend wore the most god awful 80’s dress back in 2004, but it was what she wanted, and she was the one wearing it, so everyone including her mom never mentioned how hideous it was.  Yes mom paid for it.

she still looks back at the photos and thinks the dress was beautiful.  

Oh poop.  Wrong unicorn girl. The one I’m thinking of was blonde with three dresses, and had a horse painted blue with a unicorn horn. 

Edited by Mu Shu

Thank you, I am glad I am not the only one who thinks those Pnina dresses are whorey.  I watched a lot of the marathon yesterday, and adored what the salon did for that bride who had been in the armed services for many years. That was truly wonderful, and Randy really enjoys doing it, I LOVE RANDY. Hell, I admit it, I enjoy this show from time to time.  

On 24/12/2017 at 1:52 PM, Mu Shu said:

Oh poop.  Wrong unicorn girl. The one I’m thinking of was blonde with three dresses, and had a horse painted blue with a unicorn horn.

That was bridal designer Hayley Paige ;)

Oh yeah, you are right, Hayley Paige, I just watched this episode.....she is a doll. God, what a wedding, (the blue horse was stupid, but whatever) what wonderful dresses! Now THAT was a wedding!  She seems like a really cool person, and what a beauty.

• Love 1

If I was paying for my daughter's wedding dress, I would expect to have some veto power.  She could choose a dress that I think is dreadful, but if it's what she loves, OK.  But if it's slit up to her crotch, has a neckline down to her navel and is see-through, I simply wouldn't pay for it.

Looking forward to a new season of demanding brides, obnoxious friends, and the ever-lovely Randy.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, camom said:

Looking forward to a new season of demanding brides, obnoxious friends, and the ever-lovely Randy.

If the new season is anything like the last one, then I am out.  I am hoping they have "heard" us fans and step away from the famewhores and unnecessary drama.  Just show us the damn dresses!

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, roughing it said:

If the new season is anything like the last one, then I am out.  I am hoping they have "heard" us fans and step away from the famewhores and unnecessary drama.  Just show us the damn dresses!

Then you will be disappointed. The trailers are not promising. The early charm has exited stage right.

• Love 4
On 28/12/2017 at 7:09 PM, roughing it said:

I hear you!  BUT - I wish the damn dresses were not the same dresses over and over and over.  I would also like to see some brides who actually have good taste and a sense of occasion (I can't believe some of those dresses are allowed in church, but maybe they all have civil weddings, presided over by Steve Harvey).

• Love 2

Was that a new episode? If so, I'm so glad they returned to the old format, I'm loving the beautiful dresses, the feel-good candy nature of the show's 30 minutes and I was relieved to be spared drama.

That pink Mark Zunino dress was 100% dream. I was sad that the Charlotte Gainsbourg lookalike bride didn't find anything she liked. I liked that huge bling 'bolero' but it was cool optical white and the dress was warm off-white, they were mismatched. It would have been nice to see this with the right color dress.

• Love 1
On 12/24/2017 at 9:59 PM, Frozendiva said:

The unicorn dress girl had green hair.

I would be the controlling parent who would balk at paying $10,000 for the Pnina stripper dress.

On 12/27/2017 at 1:29 AM, PinkyCupcake said:

Wrong unicorn girl.

I love we watch a show where we say "Oops wrong unicorn girl."

I would be the controlling parent who would balk at paying $1000 for a Pnina dress.  I know she won't roll out of bed for $1000 but you get my point.  Hey I am the woman who shelled out $60 on Amazon for my wedding last October and probably about $250 back in 1994 so hey......good thing I have sons!!  LOL!

On 1/1/2018 at 4:57 PM, Tanichka said:

I wish the damn dresses were not the same dresses over and over and over

You mean a sweetheart neckline with a dropped waist and a jeweled belt for $5000?  But why?

• Love 4
On 12/25/2017 at 3:37 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

I am super stoked to go to her store in Tel Aviv in February...I will be looking for the stripper fairy dresses, maybe it's just a Kleinfelds type of dress, I hope. Yes, pictures will be taken.

Super bummed...my trip has been called off, (husband traveling for business does not need to go now). 

Sorry but no Pnina photos for you all:(

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Super bummed...my trip has been called off, (husband traveling for business does not need to go now). 

Sorry but no Pnina photos for you all:(

I am sorry for you, but perhaps you can go another time! 

• Love 1

OK, I will admit I've been binge watching some reruns this afternoon before I just watched the season premiere episode.

I'd much rather hang out or attend the wedding of the oncology nurse or Jenni Pulos's nanny than the bride who can't stand color.

And apparently they're amping up the drama queen brides this coming season. ?

• Love 10
47 minutes ago, answerphone said:

I'd much rather hang out or attend the wedding of the oncology nurse or Jenni Pulos's nanny than the bride who can't stand color.

I agree. Don’t really want to see blog brides whose whole lives revolve around getting attention on social media or more drama queens. Ugh.

• Love 17

I agree, couldn't stand the anti-color bride.  But what oncology nurse?  The episode I saw only had the annoying bride and Jenni's nanny.  

I hope Randy is successful with his collection.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, answerphone said:

OK, I will admit I've been binge watching some reruns this afternoon before I just watched the season premiere episode.

She will be forever known as the bride who can't stand color!

She looked a little disgusted when her bridesmaid fainted. 

• Love 9

She looked a little disgusted when her bridesmaid fainted.

Thank Goodness I'm not the only one that was thinking that! Home girl was giving the evil eye something fierce! And that poor woman was shaking so bad, ugh I felt for her.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

Oh goodie, thank you God for DVR's ---- glad I remembered to record the new season. Can't wait to see a young Randy, I adore that man....I don't understand, can't stand color, don't brides wear white? Oh well. 

The bride apparently issued and edict along with her invitations that GUESTS were only to wear NEUTRAL colors: black, beige or gray; that her day would be ruined if someone attended wearing orange.  She really was quite impressed with herself, wasn’t she? Blogging must pay pretty well (or she got the dress comped) since she had an unlimited budget.

I thought it was pretty obvious that she was incensed that her bridesmaid would draw attention away from her by daring to pass out.  I’m sure she’ll be exiled from the cool kids forever for that faux pas.  What an annoying, self-involved princess!

• Love 9
1 hour ago, PityFree said:

The groom who married the bride who can’t stand color is in for a lifetime of misery just based on the way she was acting before and during the wedding.

What a total bitch.

Liked the nanny, loved the fact that her family was there.  She was so thrilled with the dress and the whole thing, it made watching worthwhile.  Wish they had shown her wedding and not White Woman.  I'd have skipped that train wreck of a wedding.  All that silver - boring.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, TresGatos said:

No Shay! Yay!

I was thrilled as well.  Good riddance.

I thought it was very nice of Mother Nature to gift her with neutral, grey, clouds on her wedding day. 

Was it bad for me to cheer when it started to rain?

• Love 11

Whoa...The No Color Bride was a total bitch, she's a blogger and thinks she is on the red carpet all the time. No dear, you are NOT, unless she is going to red carpet events at her local Whole Foods like I do. Ladies we all need to start our own blog on bloggers so that we can afford a 12,000 dress.  Frankly, I thought she would act like she couldn't find anything to buy (because all she wanted was to be on television)  before her episode was over because who could afford that when all they do is blog about themselves.  Da Da must be paying. Oh man, I hated her.  I don't give that marriage two years.  She's just hateful. God, I need to shut up, but I really wanted to bitch slap her. 

Love love love that Randy is designing again.  He has NOTHING to worry about. He can run Pina or whatever her name is out of town with her naked fairy dresses!  Yahoo.

• Love 5

Most of Randy's dresses are beautiful (and tasteful) but he does have a number of stripper fairy trend dresses which is disappointing.  Too much see through for my taste although definitely not exposing parts that need to exposure to anyone but the groom.

• Love 1

I agree, too many fairy trend dresses from Randy, but he knows what sells and he wants to give these whore brides what they want at a decent price. Good on Ya Randy. I hope he makes tons of money, he deserves it.  Hey was that Randy's new main man who showed up with the cute little doggie? Hope so.  

• Love 4
6 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Blogging must pay pretty well (or she got the dress comped) since she had an unlimited budget.

I know of a woman whose blogging has made her a pretty penny!  She blogs about food, scrapbooking and photography.  She has major sponsors that fly her all over the world just so she can blog about her experiences.  It's a lucrative business if you know how to do it.  Personally, I'm so boring that I'd have nothing of interest to blog about!  There's only so much a person would want to know about  my cats. lol.  I'm not sure what this particular bride blogs about, but I'm not interested in finding out.  No color?  That was a WTF moment for me.  Even though I don't like bright colors on my walls, I do like them on my clothes.  If I got an invitation for a wedding and it stated "no color," I'd think I was going to a funeral.  Strange times we live in. 

Yay for Randy for getting back into designing dresses.  I'm sure some of them are just for the "wow" moment on the runway.  I think that's what he said.  Anyway, I love his attitude on the show.  He is so respectful of the brides-to-be.  I like it that he steps out of the room while they're trying on dresses.  I just couldn't have a male helping to dress me.  I'm old-fashioned that way.  ;)  He's always very gracious and kind, no matter how crazy the situation can be.  Thank goodness he doesn't say "let's jack her up" like they do on the Atlanta show.  Man, that grates on my nerves!  Where I live, the words "jacked up" means something is really effed up.  That's not how I want to describe putting the finishing touches on a wedding dress!  YMMV. 

• Love 6

If I received a wedding invitation that said "no color" I'd show up in a WHITE dress! And Carly certainly looked furious that her fainting (albeit neutrally attired) bridesmaid had the audacity to draw attention away from her. She almost seemed to roll her eyes when she finally said, "Is she okay?" without moving from her spot. On with the show! Back to me! She'll probably have that part edited out of the wedding video. 

• Love 7

Yeah, that groom of the blogger is in for misery. She was so snippy at everyone out on the balcony as the clouds rolled in to add its neutral curse to the event. The entire wedding party, except her, had to drag everything indoors after she kept saying she wanted to wait and see. Her mom looked pissed. And I know she was teasing because they're probably good friends, but I did not appreciate the one bridesmaid telling the fainter she was the worst bridesmaid ever and maybe they could quickly find a clown to show up so it would be the worst bridesmaid ever. I am sure the fainter felt bad enough on her own. Plus she'll never hear the end of it. 

As I noted upthread, this show has no charm left. I'm glad Randy is designing for brides with a lower budget but I have no interest in watching anymore.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, lizzie3 said:

I thought it was very nice of Mother Nature to gift her with neutral, grey, clouds on her wedding day. 

Yep! Hey, you get what you asked for! I get that it's stressful planning your "perfect day" but damn. Dude should have run when he had the chance.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Spunkygal said:

She was so snippy at everyone out on the balcony as the clouds rolled in to add its neutral curse to the event.

There was definitely tension in the air with the bride and groom bickering with each other.  I thought they were going to get divorced before they got married!  While outdoor weddings are pretty, that's just too much stress for me.  Why plan something like that and take a chance that the weather won't cooperate?  Murphy's Law says that if I plan something outside, Mother Nature is going to crap all over it.  ;)

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 4

That guest with the (gasp!) beige dress really popped! It was a gaudy, vulgar, garish, almost fluorescent shade of beige. The color bouncer at the door was sleeping at the switch no kicking her out of the event, or throwing a black sheet on her.

However, nothing stood out so much as the bride's greasy monkey-piss yellow hair!

With the cattiness now out of my system, I am free to declare that her monolithic crystal dress, with its tulle underskirt, was spectacular.  The more subdued, but still glittery bridesmaid dresses looked very upscale and tasteful - yes, a nice change from the colored ones. Romantic grey clouds, with their diamond waterfalls, rolled in expecting to be welcomed by a surprised, delighted, and grateful bride, but rolled out leaving nothing but rainy tears of heartbreak at receiving her bitterness and scorn. Said the sobbing cloud: "there's no pleasing some people."

The nanny dress was nice, but the nanny herself lacked camera charisma.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

The nanny dress was nice, but the nanny herself lacked camera charisma.

In her defense, it might have been the last thing in life she'd choose to do;  it was forced on her and she could hardly say no.  Spending all day, every day with a little kid does not necessarily prepare you for being thrown into a spotlight.

Her family seemed very nice and she was so happy with the dress so good for her.

• Love 10