Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Honest question: is Joaquin wearing the same tuxedo from last season? Seeing he’s net sustainable.

WAIT WHAT?! 

Damn. Netflix was ready to pop some champagne and then realize the Academy will never fully accept them with these acting losses.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, thuganomics85 said:

Heh, Frances using her time to just be like "I like work, so keep offering me roles, but it's already going long, so peace!"

I know it’s like I like working . Thanks . Peace out.

• Love 1

Damn I had Carey Mulligan for that one. She joins Jack Nicholson, Ingrid Bergman and Meryl Streep and in the threepeat club. And since she just won minutes prior she technically ties Kate, just not in acting.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Avabelle said:

I thought best picture was the big one? I appreciate Chadwick has passed but don't know what I agree with changing the show to honour him? Or maybe I do.. I don't know it's late and this show has been awful anyway.

I agree. No disrespect to the top acting nominees/winners, but I call shenanigans.

Edited by FoundTime
  • Love 7

I'm glad I got to spend this weird - really weird - evening with everyone here.  Certainly made it more fun. 

Till the next one, whatever it is ... not the Tonys, maybe the Kennedy Center Honors? 

• Love 8
Just now, absnow54 said:

So did they move Actor to the end because they knew it was going to kill the tone of the show for the last few awards given out?

Also why didn't Jaqaoin give a spiel on each nominees life? He could have explained when he was talking but i wasn't listening.

11 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Viola Davis as Best Actress is category cheating. Ma Rainey is not a lead role.

I didn't think Chadwick Boseman's part was either.  It was very ensemble and they all supported each other.

Edited by ichbin
  • Love 2

All I can say is.............

When they show clips from past Oscar shows in the future,

after they show the streaker, and Sally Field screaming "You Like Me!!!",

then they are going to show you-know-who howling like a wolf.

Congrats!!   You just earned Oscar immortality.

• Love 3

I know Twitter and what not is going to get really pissed, which is a shame because Hopkins was fucking amazing and deserved this award.

Maybe not more than Bosman, but he deserved it. 

• Love 6