Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, yowsah1 said:

It would be weird if PARASITE got Best Picture with no acting nominations whatsoever. Has any other Best Picture movie ever done that?

Last Emperor won nine Oscars including picture and director without an acting nomination.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, thuganomics85 said:

And Joaquin wins, of course.  First for him and the second for the Joker character itself!

With respect to Adam Driver's talents, all those clips just made me think "Yeah, that's how Kylo Ren would probably act if he was getting divorced."

I do want to see Pain & Glory though.  Antonino Banderas seems to be doing a good job there.

He was very good in it. I’ve always liked him in the Almodovar films.

• Love 7

I have to go back and read all your comments from tonight, but what the heck was wrong with diane keaton tonight? Poor Keanu. I mean, i know she is kind of kooky to begin with, but she really seemed off the rails during their presentation tonight. They had such chemistry in "Something's Gotta Give" which i loved.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, mojoween said:

Joaquin should have won for Walk the Line.

If I was asked, I would have sworn that he did ?? Is the past changing or is my memory going bad ?? ( Most likely the 2nd one ! ha)

• LOL 1
Just now, nilyank said:

He lost me with the cows but his genuine tears about his brother got me back.

He seems really messed up and not quite there. I wonder if he never was able to get his equanimity back after River's death. From what I understand River was a first-time dabbler in the drug/club scene. His death shocked everyone because this wasn't a longtime user.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, bmoore4026 said:

That's nice for Renee but I was hoping for Scarlet.  Has anyone seen Judy?  How was it?

Renee was good, but the movie, unfortunately, wasn't.

I think Renee had a lot more pull with the Academy than Glenn Close did last year, because she could have easily suffered the same fate.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 1
Just now, seasons said:

I have to go back and read all your comments from tonight, but what the heck was wrong with diane keaton tonight? Poor Keanu. I mean, i know she is kind of kooky to begin with, but she really seemed off the rails during their presentation tonight. They had such chemistry in "Something's Gotta Give" which i loved.

I think that was a shtick she did - dressing and acting like Annie Hall.

• Useful 1