Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Sharpie66 said:

Seeing commercials makes me hope for a teaser trailer for West Side Story.

I'm hoping for In The Heights.  I'm still not sure how I feel about the WSS remake.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Okay, I guess I'll have to add OUATIH to my watchlist. I'll try to watch it by the time the next Oscars roll around.

It was mostly entertaining but too long and I did not Iike the ending. Not my favorite compared to others I’ve seen this year.

• Love 3

When I went to visit my brother and sister-in-law a few years back in LA, my brother (who knows me so well) took me to the Dolby. I was really surprised about how...normal it was. It's really a (huge) theater in kind of a little...mall isn't the right word, but that area where they enter and they go up a bunch of stairs had all your typical mall-like kiosks, and mall stores.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, CherryMalotte said:

Well earned, and thank you Mr Pitt!  He seems like underneath it all he's a really decent dude.  Very glad he won even if there's no surprise there. 

The sad truth is it's not the underneath that he's paid millions for.  

Edited by kib
  • Love 4

That was a heartfelt speech Brad gave and he seemed really nervous.  I think there is a lot of pressure on a favorite when there's the possibility that he or she might not win.  Now he can relax.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, bmoore4026 said:

Foregone conclusion with Brad Pitt winning.  I actually am happy for him, regardless.

Most of the results tonight are going to be a foregone conclusion.  This is probably going to be the most predictable Oscars ever.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, mojoween said:

And held his hand as they walked off stage, which I would 1000% percent also do.

I think it was on Graham Norton that Chris O'Dowd told the story of how his wife happily told him that she held Brad's hand for 43 seconds.

Edited by AimingforYoko
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, superdeluxe said:

Most of the results tonight are going to be a foregone conclusion.  This is probably going to be the most predictable Oscars ever.

I was about to debate you on that, then TOY STORY 4 won.  😉

• Love 3