Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Why do interviewers always ask dumb questions such as "What was it like to film that movie" or "What was it like to work with so-and-so"?  What kinds of answers are they expecting?  They know what the answers will be, whether they are truthful or not.  Can't anyone think of an original question that is safe and inoffensive to ask?

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, TVFan17 said:

Why do interviewers always ask dumb questions such as "What was it like to film that movie" or "What was it like to work with so-and-so"?  What kind of answers are they expecting?  They know what the answers will be, whether they are truthful or not.  Can't anyone think of an original question that is safe and inoffensive to ask?

I'm waiting for someone to say, "It sucked!  The director sucked -- too much micromanaging.  The script was poorly written, but we couldn't improvise or improve it.  And my co-stars were the worst!"

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

Why do interviewers always ask dumb questions such as "What was it like to film that movie" or "What was it like to work with so-and-so"?  What kind of answers are they expecting?  They know what the answers will be, whether they are truthful or not.  Can't anyone think of an original question that is safe and inoffensive to ask?

Not too many Fulbright scholars pine for Red Carpet duty...

Edited by kib
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Browncoat said:

I'm waiting for someone to say, "It sucked!  The director sucked -- too much micromanaging.  The script was poorly written, but we couldn't improvise or improve it.  And my co-stars were the worst!"

Isn't that what happened with Debra Winger and Shirley MacLaine in Terms of Endearment? IIRC the two ladies refused to play nice even at the Oscars. 

2 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

I think Brad could pull off such a joke but maybe in the form of an acceptance speech instead of red carpet pablum. 

In personal news I’ve ditched the socks and slippers in favor of blankets. 

• Love 4

I had to drive home from a game night, and of course a nasty blizzard decided to strike while I was trying to get back, but I squeaked in and am ready to watch and comment!  Bring on the Oscars!  😄

• Love 2

Just thought I'd share what I was wearing for about 15 minutes up until a couple of minutes ago: For the second time today, draped over my shoulder was a very soft, orange, long-haired, 22-lb. cat who begs to be picked up and held.

• Love 10
Just now, Neeners said:

TEA!!

Not really any tea, no one has much bad to say about him. Just that there's a reason he only "dates" models for a short time before moving onto the next one. 

Now John Travolta is a different story ... There people really do hate his guts and have some pretty nasty stories about him and his beard of wife.

• Love 3

I despise Ryan Secrest with every fiber of my being.  If he is ever made the host of the Oscars, not even watching the fashions could make me watch.

OMG!  This is how they're kicking off the Oscars?  God help us all.

• Love 6