Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, anniebird said:

Are these two writing the music for Frozen on Broadway?

Book by Jennifer Lee; Music by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez; Lyrics by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez; Based on the Disney film written by Jennifer Lee; Based on the Disney film directed by Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee; Music arranged by Stephen Oremus; Music Arrangements: Brian Usifer; Music orchestrated by Dave Metzger

https://www.ibdb.com/broadway-production/frozen-515657

7 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Lin-Manuel is going to do music/songs for the Marry Poppins movie, right?  He needs to finish out his EGOT that La La Land denied him last year!

He is not doing the music.  So he'll have to win for his acting...  sigh... maybe next time.

The best moment for me was the best song woman starting to walk off stage and then turning around to point to her daughters and tell them to stay put and they’d be back in their seats soon.  Always a mom!

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, jjj said:

I don't know who they missed, but this seemed short.

I honestly can't tell if it's because we lost so many people over the last couple of years that it seems super short in comparison, or that they left a bunch of people out, but yea, that seemed...abrupt.

• Love 5
Just now, legaleagle53 said:

She'll be included in next year's segment.  I think the cutoff is January 31.

But they included the Indian actress who died a few days ago, I think? 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Silver Raven said:

Book by Jennifer Lee; Music by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez; Lyrics by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez; Based on the Disney film written by Jennifer Lee; Based on the Disney film directed by Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee; Music arranged by Stephen Oremus; Music Arrangements: Brian Usifer; Music orchestrated by Dave Metzger

https://www.ibdb.com/broadway-production/frozen-515657

Thanks - I'm going to see that in July --- I looked them up - I had completely forgotten that these are the two who wrote Let it Go.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I wanna see the Roseanne trailer, have they shown it yet? I’ve been flipping channels. 

Yeah, it was unfortunately placed right after Laurie Metcalf didn’t win.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, jjj said:
2 minutes ago, legaleagle53 said:

She'll be included in next year's segment.  I think the cutoff is January 31.

But they included the Indian actress who died a few days ago, I think? 

I think that was for diversity/international audience appeal.

Just now, mtlchick said:

Jennifer Garner in that dress reminds me why she was a girl crush during her Alias years. 

Still a girl crush! Hey she's single, Michael Vartan's single..... maybe a round two? I'm sure he treated her better then Ben Asshole.

• Love 5

My college freshman self who had a collage of Eddie Vedder on her dorm room wall just squeed out loud when he came on stage.

And then chastised herself because that was very inappropriate to do during In Memoriam.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, wallflower75 said:

Gaaah, this show needs to end within the next hour and a half--that's all the battery power I have left on my laptop!

Aha--so this is why Emma's not presenting Best Actor!

She looks really pretty. 

• Love 1

I'm getting a bit exhausted by the shade being thrown at the other nominees just because they're men. I get the cause but it's Jibes like both Emma Stones and Natslie Portmans (at the globes) that ruin it for the winner who has done nothing wrong. It also just comes off a bit passive aggressive on Gerwigs behalf which also isn't fair because she's not the one delivering the digs.

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, wallflower75 said:

Aha--so this is why Emma's not presenting Best Actor!

I don't know why she couldn't. Just because what's-his-face bowed out doesn't mean they have to change the Best Actor presentation.

• Love 5