Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, anniebird said:

This is hilarious - they're letting Warren Beatty do it again!

Warren and Faye waz robbed last year.  Along with Moonlight.  They deserve another shot. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, double-elvis said:

To date, it was her peak.

I thought Jennifer was the best part of American Hustle and should have won for Joy. I think she truly is the actress of her generation a la Streep. 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

Really?  You let an earthquake interrupt your Oscar watching??  :-)

Hope everything is okay.

It was just a minor one.  I expected tornadoes here, but the earthquakes have been a surprise.

• Love 2
Just now, Silver Raven said:

I know a lot of people who complain about this win, but have you actually seen the movie?  It's beautiful

I saw it and didn't love it but as others said when Guillermo won for Best Director that I'm pretending this is for Pan's Labyrinth which is a beautiful film

• Love 7

The fish sex movie wins, I guess. I'm underwhelmed. I just can't get over the fish sex.

Just now, pivot said:

I thought Jennifer was the best part of American Hustle and should have won for Joy. I think she truly is the actress of her generation a la Streep. 

I really loved her in American Hustle. She and Amy Adams were both great in that movie.

• Love 2

YESSSSS!!! Shape of Water was probably my 3rd or 4th favorite of the nominees, but I was rooting for it since it seemed like the only one that had a shot at knocking out Three Billboards. ;) Happy for Guillermo and the whole cast and crew! Also glad that at least one of the big awards was at least somewhat of a surprise.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, wallflower75 said:

From the clips I've seen, it looks like a visually beautiful movie, but I don't get what the big deal is about it.  It's about a woman who falls in love with a fish.

No, it's not.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, wallflower75 said:

From the clips I've seen, it looks like a visually beautiful movie, but I don't get what the big deal is about it.  It's about a woman who falls in love with a fish.

If you saw it you would realize it's much more than that.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Omeletsmom said:

It was just a minor one.  I expected tornadoes here, but the earthquakes have been a surprise.

Both of those sound like terrible choices.  I hope you have wine!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, wallflower75 said:

It's a well crafted movie that has everything going for it except for one important thing...the story is nonsense.

• Love 2
Just now, double-elvis said:

I saw it and didn't love it but as others said when Guillermo won for Best Director that I'm pretending this is for Pan's Labyrinth which is a beautiful film

Pan's Labyrinth was robbed, should have gotten at least a best picture nomination but they are still scared of foreign language movies.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, pivot said:

Have to disagree with you there. There are only a few I would put in the same sentence as Streep. Cate Blanchett, Viola Davis to name 2 but not J-Law. Saoirse is one of the young ones I would by okay with as well. 

• Love 12