Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, topanga said:

Ezra black? Biracial? Doesn't matter, really. Yes, he is super fine. 

He is. His mom is the great Marian Wright Edelman. His dad is Peter Edelman, former Robert Kennedy aide and former HHS assistant secretary (I think) who quit over Clinton's horrible welfare policies. Great pedigree! 

• Love 3
Just now, Misslindsey said:

I would have put Amy Adams before Meryl Streep in Florence Foster Jenkins for nominations. Oh Florence Foster Jenkins is another movie I have not seen. I thought it looked bad.

Agreed. I saw FFJ and was very underwhelmed. Arrival on the other hand was great and Amy was spectacular. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

Totally noticed Casey Affleck passed it along!  To be fair, with that beard of his, it would have gotten really messy!

I think he gave it to his mom or who ever his guest was.

2 minutes ago, Sugar said:

Agreed - My bf is a huge film snob and when Arrival finished we both looked at one another and said, "she's winning an Oscar". Was shocked she didn't get nominated.

I didn't know Amy hadn't been nominated until about an hour ago.  I was wondering why we didn't get a shot of what Amy wore at the Oscars - and then light dawneth on Marblehead.

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Why is the girl behind Ryan Gosling dressed as Martha Washington?

OK, I read the forums on Might Big TV, then Television Without Pity, and now Previously TV.  In all these years I have posted maybe half a dozen times...  As soon as I saw that bizarre and utterly inexplicable dress I got on my laptop because I knew someone here had to have noticed as well.  Seriously, it is so bad I can't move on, I must know how it came to be....

• Love 6

Yeah, even though I picked LLL for my Oscar game and am tanking it I'm glad it's not cleaning up.  It's only mediocre at best.  I just could not warm up to Emma Stone in it and normally I like her.  She'll probably win tonight though.

At least they seem to be moving it along somewhat, we can at least hope it's not montage hell middle for the show.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, thuganomics85 said:

How does Mel Gibson make eating licorice look creepy?

When are they getting to the Viola Davis Award... err, I mean Best Supporting Actress category?  I thought that was next!

Mel makes breathing look creepy.

• Love 15
Just now, thuganomics85 said:

When are they getting to the Viola Davis Award... err, I mean Best Supporting Actress category?  I thought that was next!

If by next you mean an hour and a half later. I do not know if they mentioned when they are getting to it.

1 minute ago, thuganomics85 said:

How does Mel Gibson make eating licorice look creepy?

It's been "Next" for about half an hour now...

• Love 2
1 minute ago, DearEvette said:

I am loving the play out music when the show goes to commercials.  They are dping tv shw themes, first Mission Impossible and now SWAT.

Before that, the lead in songs were animated movie songs - "A Friend in Me" and "Everything is Awesome" are the two I remember.