Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Academy Awards - General Discussion

• Start Topic

In The Tudors, he was scorching hot.  Sans facial hair, merely devastatingly handsome.

OMG. Yes.  He was so sexy and beautiful and is largely why I stuck with the Tudors. I liked JRM but Cavill was the hook for me.

• Love 3

The costume design winner went from winning for A Room with a View to Mad Max: Fury Road?  Wow.  Pretty impressive.

Hey!  Stop with "Kill the Wabbit"!  She actually had something to say that wasn't a thank you!!

I'd just as soon that Sarah Silverman just introduce the damn song and they give that extra time to someone like this that actually has something to say.

PS to Michael Sheen:  Really, dude?  

• Love 2

Showing both The Revenant and Mad Max back-to-back?  They're just seeing if there is such a thing as too much Tom Hardy, I guess.  There is so many Hardy to choose from!  You've got bearded, DiCaprio-hating Hardy!  And you've got mumbling, bald Hardy!

• Love 1

Got some chuckles over the inserting black actors into various clips, although I sadly wonder if it is true that the government would hesitate to save a black astronaut.

No way - that would be like shooting a unicorn!

Why was the girl with Jared Leto weirdly touching her fingers together while awkwardly holding his arm? Bizarre.

Showing both The Revenant and Mad Max back-to-back?  They're just seeing if there is such a thing as too much Tom Hardy, I guess.  There is so many Hardy to choose from!  You've got bearded, DiCaprio-hating Hardy!  And you've got mumbling, bald Hardy!

Shit loads of Tom Hardy this year

My issue with the scroll is it is FAR too fast.

If The Oscars can't be drunk and sloppy like the Globes, I suppose awkward and uncomfortable is a good substitute, no?

Aww that chick from "Quantico" has the most gorgeous hair, I'm super disappointed in the simple ponytail.

Edited by mojoween
  • Love 1

No way - that would be like shooting a unicorn!

Why was the girl with Jared Leto weirdly touching her fingers together while awkwardly holding his arm? Bizarre.

It seemed like he was moving off his mark and she was trying to pull him back into place or something? It was weird.

Michael B Jordan should have been nommed last year for Fruitvale Station, but that's old news.  Damn it!  Love him, I know he's got years of great work ahead of him.

I loved Fruitvale Station. That was my favorite movie of that year and it did not get an academy love.

• Love 6

1. I don't understand the Dave Grohl jokes. Please explain.

2. It's not that he scars my retinas or anything, but I  don't think Henry Cavill is exceptionally hot. My table for one is adjacent to the Not in Love with Mad Max table if you're looking for a place to sit.

1. At the Grammys, David Grohl was in the audience drinking from a Red Solo cup.

I wasn't expecting to like Mad Max at all, but I really liked it. Not my pick for most of its categories, but still worthy.

I don't like the new order of the awards. I'm all for change, but it's making this drag.

OK, they totally fooled me with the Jack Black thing.  I forgot that he was in Enemy of the State.

Mad Max wins Editing at least, but since Margaret Sixel got played off, I'm sure George Miller will have the next film include a scene where Max randomly kills a bunch of orchestra folks who are playing back-up music for whoever the villain will be in that film.

• Love 3

Angela Bassett looks great (although the cleavage was a little weird)

And the payoff was fabulous!

Angela Bassett is and always has been a perfect goddess.  And that's why I knew when she started that it was going to be a bit.

I was just thinking the other day after watching Black-ish that if Laurence Fishburne shaved and put the Prince Valiant back on, he and Angela could still play Ike and Tina and look as good as they did back then.  They both seem to defy the laws of physics!

Edited by Sile
  • Love 5

Showing both The Revenant and Mad Max back-to-back?  They're just seeing if there is such a thing as too much Tom Hardy, I guess.  There is so many Hardy to choose from!  You've got bearded, DiCaprio-hating Hardy!  And you've got mumbling, bald Hardy!

Imagine if Legend was nominated (the one where he plays twins.)  

• Love 1

Has Cinematography ever gone this early? I'm used to it being just before the Big 4 (Actor, Actress, Director and Picture).

They changed the order to be more in the order a movie is made. Hence, starting with screenplays.

• Love 5