Type keyword(s) to search

Dallas - General Discussion

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

What a load of crap.  This episode was awful.  Elena is a pig.  Now the sniveling mother is part of the vendetta.  Maybe she will poison their eggs in the morning.  Please writers stop this Mexican soap opera now.  

• Love 5

Well...what an episode to put on Labor Day night, probably one of the lowest TV-watching days of the year.

That was possibly the best episode since JR died.  Larry Hagman is still bringing out the best in everyone, even beyond the grave :)

I turned away just for a second towards the end - was that the "big boss" Nicholas was talking to, and if so, who was it?

• Love 2

It was a good episode. Now that all of this plotting is out in the open maybe the show can move on to better stories.

I loved how John Ross confronted Nicholas with Elena standing there. Hope Elena and Nicholas leave town for good.

I'm wondering who the guy Nicholas was talking to too - could he be one of Harris' CIA guys?

At least Bobby seemed to realize it was a dumbass move to frame Cliff, and that it was his responsibility to clean up the mess.  Aw, poor Bobby - everybody's mad at Bobby now!  

Josh Henderson's line delivery of "y'all can both go to hell" in the elevator was ... interesting.  John Ross was like a bratty little kid in this episode.  And did stupid Elena really think John Ross wouldn't blab about how she got the letter?   

And shut up, Annie - you have a point about Bobby being a hypocrite, but you've annoyed me for two seasons straight and you inflicted Emma on all of us, so .... shut up. 

Hey, Chris was actaully helpful this episode!   

I'm not loving that JR's character is getting trashed after Larry Hagman's death - I mean, JR was always a complete bastard, but I was hoping we would find out Cliff lied, and JR didn't actually stoop to screwing over poor old Papi Ramos (although who knows, maybe Papi was as annoying as the rest of his family?)

I agree with Bobby - Elena didn't have to do things this way.  If she had approached Bobby privately, he probably would've apologized profusely and given her family money and land in a heartbeat.  Why she would trust Cliff in the first place just boggles the mind ... and she just told Cliff he's getting pardoned, but now she's telling Pamela it's up to her?  Does Elena think Cliff won't get angry when he realizes this?  She knows Cliff can boss people around from prison ... including thugs who could come after Elena for screwing up her deal with Cliff!

And Elena is a hypocrite, as well, because she helped Drew evade the law for blowing up the rig ... with the result that he later came back and nearly burned up the Ewing family in their own house!   How I wish someone knew she helped Drew run away, so they could throw that in her face!

• Love 5

Well...what an episode to put on Labor Day night, probably one of the lowest TV-watching days of the year.

That was possibly the best episode since JR died. Larry Hagman is still bringing out the best in everyone, even beyond the grave :)

I turned away just for a second towards the end - was that the "big boss" Nicholas was talking to, and if so, who was it?

I totally agree with all of this. I couldn't place that guy at the end either. Josh Henderson just knocks that character out of the park every single episode. I rather suspect that Larry Hagman is getting a kick out of all of this knowing his sense of humor.

Loved the entire episode especially the part with Bobby alone and Johnny Cash music in the background. I also loved Sue Ellen's visit with Bum. Once again, Emma steps in it.

BTW, I think that's the first time I've heard bullshit on this show yes?

I need Sassy Black Receptionist to come tell the following people to have a seat:

1) Mama Ramos, for calling Bobby a ladron. Bobby did not steal your land, JR DID (and coming from Cliff, that's questionable). Bobby should've put her & Elena off Southfork when they a) discovered Drew blew up the rig and b) that Elena helped him get away. When Elena told Bobby she was going back to HER cottage to wait for his answer, I was waiting for somebody to say that was the EWING cottage she was staying and they need to pack their bags and be off Southfork by 8.

2) Annie, for whining that Bobby lied to her. This, from the woman who lied about Emma and Ryland the whole show,

3) Emma, for slicking back her hair and pretending she can roll with the grownups. Girl, sit down and leave grown folks games to the grown folks.

4) Nicoquin, for claiming the Ewings made Elena degrade herself. Nicky, Wlena was well on her way to degrading herself long before you showed up on the scene.

5) Elena, for

a) claiming she was doing this to stop the Ewing/Barnes feud, then later telling Bobby the Ewings/Barnes feud was none of her concern;

b) for nobly returning Pamela's land to her and pretending she was doing this for Pamela;

c) for telling the Ewings to come meet her demands at HER cabin (provided by them, located on their property)

d) after giving this long sermon about lies & secrets needing to end NOW, lying to Nicoquin that she stole the letter from John Ross at work (glad John Ross blew up her spot!)

e) having a stank attitude towards Bobby and holding the entire Ewing family responsible for what JR did. By that logic, the Ewings need to hold Elena & Mami responsible for what Drew did.

f) telling Christopher he was jus jellus she moved on. Glad Christopher told her, Gurl, bye.

Elena could've gotten her restitution a different way than she chose. She chose the way she chose because she is still bitter that Christopher dumped her for helping the man who killed his children get away.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 15

Well Elena is a complete fraud and phony.  She got scared and feels like crap, so now she is trying to make her actions look noble.  Giving Pamela the deed to the land and Cliff's pardon.  So now she dumped the responsibility for Cliff's actions on Pamela.   Hate Elena.  Wished Pamela would have thrown it in her face.  Love when Christopher told her she is not the one that got away, she is just gone!  

• Love 6

Haven't seen the episode yet, but: Did anyone, anyone at all call Elena out on her hypocritical bullshit attitude? Or even get in a good insult? Is her stupid "dios mio" mother still employed by the Ewings?

John Ross went to Nicoquin (good one!) and told him - with Elena standing right there - how she actually got the letter, said she was a "thieving whore" and left. Nicoquin got tears in his eyes.  

• Love 5

I think my favorite part was Sue Ellen lashing out at Bobby that Miss Ellie would be ashamed.  She's undoubtedly right about that, and I do think that got through to him.   Sue Ellen is the only one left that can really say that and pull it off.  On that note, I just think Linda Gray is so valuable to this show.  Her scenes have a gravitas to them.  And I think she's still out acting everyone.

Does this mean we are finally getting near the end of Carmen?  She can't possibly go back to work for Bobby now can she?  Please, Please, please just go away.  Teresa was never this much trouble.

I have to hand it to the show, though.   I am interested to see what Pamela's next moves are now.  I'm not really sure where her interests and/or motivations lie.  I doubt she really wants to help Cliff  renew his war on the Ewings, but she obviously can't really trust any of them, either.  

• Love 2

Is her stupid "dios mio" mother still employed by the Ewings?

Carmen had a line about "I can't go back there," so hopefully we'll never see her again. And with Skeletor and Nicoquin riding off into the sunset, maybe this is it for the Ramos cl... oh, who am I kidding? Cidre will probably write them back in if there's a Season 4.

Also, another major continuity break tonight: Elena gives Pambecca a deed to some Southfork land and says "This is what your family took from Cliff" or whatever. Uh, no. Anyone who's seen Dallas: The Early Years knows that a drunk, broke Digger Barnes sold that land to Jock Ewing; Jock even tried to talk him out of it, but Digger was adamant. It was only after he realized the land had oil on it that he came up with this "stolen" malarkey.

• Love 7
Also, another major continuity break tonight: Elena gives Pambecca a deed to some Southfork land and says "This is what your family took from Cliff" or whatever. Uh, no. Anyone who's seen Dallas: The Early Years knows that a drunk, broke Digger Barnes sold that land to Jock Ewing; Jock even tried to talk him out of it, but Digger was adamant. It was only after he realized the land had oil on it that he came up with this "stolen" malarkey.

Well, I think Elena was just parroting what Cliff had told her, and Bobby realized it wasn't worth the effort to argue about it.

• Love 2

Well, I think Elena was just parroting what Cliff had told her, and Bobby realized it wasn't worth the effort to argue about it.

And that's one of my biggest problems with Elena.  She was busy sermonizing to the Ewings about how the Barnes/Ewing feud needed to end NOW. But she has ZERO clue as to what the feud is about, why the feud came about, why JR & the Ewings felt a need to put an end to Cliff etc.

Elena was mad because Christopher dumped her for helping her brother get away scot free for killing Christopher's babies.  Personally I think Elena was a little bit glad those babies were gone so there would be no more ties between Christopher & Pamela but I digress.

So anyways Elena inserts herself into a situation she has no knowledge of and no understanding of, but she's gonna side with Cliff to make the Ewings pay and get JUSTICE!

And now that the potato is too hot, she's passing it off to PAMELA so Pamela can clean up the mess Elena made.  If ANYONE on the show should be "seeking justice" it should be PAMELA:

Pamela should get justices on the Ewings for using her to frame her dad and put him in jail

Pamela should get justice on Cliff for killing her children

Pamela should get justice on Emma for sleeping with her husband

Pamela should get justice against La Familia Ramos for aiding and abetting the man who killed her children and Elena in particular for sleeping with John Ross.  Elena, don't try to feel Pamela's pain when YOU are the one who had John Ross followed and taped so you could use that against Pamela's husband.  Elena, don't clutch your pearls at watching Emma cheat with John Ross to get what she wants and then turn around and do the same exact thing.

And now delicate flower Elena can't take the heat anymore so she wants Nicoquin to make like Calgon and take her away from the mess she made!  This is why I'm not hot on the Elena character...she pretends she's so good and so noble and she's not.  At least other vile characters know they're vile and own it.

Isn't this Nicoquin guy married?  Sorry have bit of trouble keeping the Mexican Mafia straight.

Yes, Nicoquin is married to some chick named Lucia.  Perhaps she'll come back and help Pamela lay the smackdown on Elena.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 11

I am mostly just annoyed that John Ross and Pamela have broken up--I loved them.

Out of all the crazy writing on this show, the thing I am most perplexed is the diaphragm.   I have NEVER used one and don't know a single woman in her 30's (or 20's--how old IS Elena supposed to be?) that has used one.  Maybe it's a Texas thing? I seriously just cannot even comprehend it.  It takes me out of the show completely because for me it's unrealistic.  I would rather see her carrying around condoms and have Joaquin / Nic just poke a hole in THOSE.   Or switch her birth control pills.  Or....hell anything else. 

• Love 3

I love Sue Ellen and Pamela, and it's nice Pamela accepted Sue Ellen's offer to stay with her.  Sue Ellen didn't like it when Elena showed up at her door, however, Sue Ellen let Pamela decide whether or not she wanted to talk to Elena.

Poor Bobby got yelled at by almost everyone.  I loved PD's tone when he talked about the rig explosion killing his grandchildren.  Cliff, Drew, and Ryland were responsible for that so the Ramos idiots can STFU and die.

Damn John Ross for ruining things with Pamela.  He could be over at Sue Ellen's right now conspiring with his wife, mother, and Bum on what to do about Cliff, Elena, and Nick.

• Love 7

Y'all I just realized...and I will hate Cidre or whoever was in charge of editing/made the decision to put that scene to the cutting room floor...

During the Ewing Barbeque...I remember the "this season on Dallas episodes" about how Sue Ellen told Emily that her sister, Kirsten, died in that very same pool. We NEVER got that scene. Never got to see how it came about and what that twat, Emily had to say in response. I feel gypped.

Will post my thoughts on last night's episode after I watch it tonight.

• Love 1

I laughed my ass off during the Sue Ellen & Bum scene when Sue Ellen was all "Wait... YOU painted JR's portrait?!?!?!?" complete with the "dun dun dun!" music and the "close/closer/CLOSER!" cut progression thing they do. And all the while, Bum's got this look on his face like "Well, um, yeah. Yes I did. Is that a problem or something? Why are you looking at me like that? This is not a big deal. Sometimes in my spare time I do a little painting. So what? You'd have already known that if you had ever taken the slightest interest in me as an actual person for half a damn second."

• Love 6

I missed what cliff said to elena at the end of the episode. I know she regrets getting cliff out and now expects pamela to save the day.

I hope pamela turns it around and gets cliff as well as elena.

im wondering how Emma will mess that up.

I loved when bobby said to elena that she disappointed him. Elena looked like a scolded 7 year old. Hopefully this the beginning of the end for the ramos'

tinaw, on the phone Cliff basically thanked Elena for getting him pardoned and told her he was looking forward to getting revenge on the Ewings. Which is exactly what Bobby told her would be the result of her springing Cliff. So she got all worried and threw the responsibility on Pam.

Of course, if Pam decides to let Cliff rot in jail, Cliff will wonder what the hell happened to Elena getting him out of jail. Elena is a moron to risk pissing him off like this. Cliff probably wouldn't do anything bad to Pam for letting him sit in jail, but Elena made a deal with him.

Well that was quite good until the end. I didn't particularly like Christopher's white knight routine AGAIN. He kind of left Elena painted as a victim at the end. So that worries me b/c all along Christopher kept trying to pin the blame on anyone but his precious Elena. RME!

I will forgive Bobby being written slightly out of character recently since he was redeemed IF it will stick. I loved his scene with Pam b/c she told him just how I've felt about him since JR died. I expect better from him. And it was f/u with that great scene of him alone with JR and Johnny Cash. No words were needed you could see how much he missed JR b/c no matter what they BOTH put the family first, and with JR around Bobby got to be the good and with JR gone Bobby just isn't cut out to be the bad. He was angry at JR for leaving him to be them BOTH alone. In that moment he truely felt the loss of JR, and so did I.

Sue Ellen and Bum were also golden. Love how they could bond over their shared feelings and she got to voice her hurt.

John Ross getting his revenge on Elena and Nicoquin was golden. I hate them keeping he and Pam at odds though.

Icing on the cake was Elena's life crashing and even more to come when she learns what Nicoquin is really up to and that she'll be pregnant with his or John Ross' child. bwhahahaha......only thing that would ruin all that is if Chistopher ride to the rescue AGAIN! bah!

• Love 1
I laughed my ass off during the Sue Ellen & Bum scene when Sue Ellen was all "Wait... YOU painted JR's portrait?!?!?!?" complete with the "dun dun dun!" music and the "close/closer/CLOSER!" cut progression thing they do. And all the while, Bum's got this look on his face like "Well, um, yeah. Yes I did. Is that a problem or something? Why are you looking at me like that? This is not a big deal. Sometimes in my spare time I do a little painting. So what? You'd have already known that if you had ever taken the slightest interest in me as an actual person for half a damn second."

I didn't have any problem with Bum being a painter, but him killing JR (for whatever reason) and painting that portrait seemed creepy to me.  I guess it could have been worse - Bum could have mixed in a bit of JR's blood in the paint he used :P

• Love 1
This is why I'm not hot on the Elena character...she pretends she's so good and so noble and she's not.  At least other vile characters know they're vile and own it.

IKR? The whole time I was like, "Shut up, Elena! Shut up!" Who cares what she wants? You know what I want? I want her to go sit down somewhere and eat three or four sandwiches because that skeletal face of hers is almost painful to watch.

This must have been the Emmy nomination reel episode because there was a whole lot of Acting! going on.

• Love 3

Shut up Skelator.  Ugh. Elena.  I didn't like the "This isn't you" speech from Christopher--hey, Gallant, guess what? This is her. A thieving whore. Who really needs a sandwich. 

I am glad he told her he moved on....but the better line was when Bobby told her she broke his heart.   Damn.  

I still miss JR.  

Edited by gryphon
  • Love 1

Since Bum was JR's go to guy, and JR had him following Sue Ellen to see what she was up to, I can understand why Sue Ellen would not know a lot about Bum's life.  That scene between the two of them was great.  LG and PD did a good job with showing how they missed JR, but were also angry about the circumstances they are now in because of him.

I want Sue Ellen and Pamela to work together to get control of Ewing Global, and to stop whatever Cliff is up to.  I wonder if Sue Ellen has any contacts in government that could prevent the Mexican Mafia (which so needs to just go away) from buying any shares in Ewing Global.

• Love 3

ok, let me see if I have this:

Elena's brother set a bomb that injured several people and caused the death of Pamela's twins, and Elena helped her brother escape justice

Elena is sleeping with a married man. She also is helping this man gain control of the Ewing corporation.

Elena has spent most of her life living on Southfork and currently has a cottege on the Ewing property

Elena is mad at the ENTIRE EWING FAMILY because of something JR did years ago and no one else in the family is aware of

Elena slept with John Ross in order to get his father's letter out of his wallet so she could blackmail him

Are we supposed to feel ANY sympathy for this woman?

• Love 12

Are we supposed to feel ANY sympathy for this woman?

Yes, because she is the HEROINE of this shitfest, and didn't you know? JR Ewing was the most evilest EVUHL that EVAH EVUHLED, and anyone related to him is guilty by association, or rather, by having the same blood run through their veins.

Don't you know anything? [insert HEAVY DOSE of SARCASM/FACETIOUSNESS]

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3

This can't be the show I watched last week, can it? It was actually very good. Bobby's solo scene now ranks among my favorites of the series. 

At the end of season 2 I was pretty annoyed with Bobby because he started to carry out JR's plan before the rig bombing, based off past actions and JR's speculation. It never occurred to me until last night that really, who knows if Bobby would have finished the plan if the rig didn't happen (or anything else that would have been of equal damage.) But the rig did happen, and that means Cliff confirmed what JR was claiming, making it Bobby's Point Of No Return on the matter, he couldn't risk seeing what else could possibly happen after going that far. He just sold the hell out of talking about Cliff putting both their unborn grandkids among the damage of this feud. Ultimately, I don't know if I could send someone away for a crime they didn't commit because of ones they did, but I do understand that line nof thinking. Unlike Elena, who I will never understand or accept what she is doing. Cliff did bad things and Cliff is paying for something. Non-JR Ewings did nothing, and knew nothing, that warrants why Elena is going after them at all. Hell, she's done more too them in letting Drew get away.

I loved John Ross outting Elena the way he did, and the "thieving whore" comment. However, Elena believes her self-righteous BS so much that it just wasn't effective and probably in her head proved even more "Ewings are evil, I'm being Slut Shamed now, boo-woo." Bobby was no doubt the hero of the episode, the way he handled Elena, using emotions like disappointment, is the smartest way to get too her. Clearly by going to Pamela Bobby's words really got to her psychologically. 

Aside from that fact that Elena clearly was just looking to pass blame on the Cliff decision by giving Pamela the pardon, it bothers me that she picked a fresh-off-suicide, probably still emotionally fragile with a decision as heavy as "do I let my dad out of jail for what he didn't do, even though he killed my babies." That kind of choice alone could drive someone with a perfectly sane past over the edge. Once again, Elena is only thinking of how she needs to be covered and not thinking about at what cost. Yeah Pamela's his daughter but now is not the time. Sue Ellen even dealing with her recovery, I think, is in a much better place than Pamela is and could potentially be more rational/the better choice to have given (I didn't watch the original Dallas, I wasn't even born for most of it, but my aunt said Sue Ellen and Cliff were together once, is that true?) If so, Sue Ellen clearly loves Pamela and unlike Bobby didn't lose grandchildren because of Cliff. Annie knows next to nothing about the Barnes/Ewing feud, Sue Ellen was there. She probably does have the most objectivity here. 

Quick question: Did Julie Gonzalo catch Cidre or one of her hacks having sex with a goat, or did she piss one of them off in a former life?  I have yet to understand why she wasn't given more to do Monday night.  I mean, PammyBecca only found out that her daddy was framed for JR's murder and that Bobby (whom she apparently admired), along with her husband and Christopher, carried out JR's Masterpiece.  The guy who was directly responsible for the deaths of her babies was buried, and the Ewings actually attended the service.  She's still recovering from the shock of her husband's betrayal and her own overdose. She decided to take Sue Ellen up on her offer to move in with her.  And, yet...it was all about Elena's ridiculous revenge plot, as well as the foolishness with the drug cartel and the CIA. Even the scene between PammyBecca and Elena was all about the revenge plot instead of PammyBecca's pain, ambivalence and confusion and being able to process everything that's happened.

I was disappointed that Bobby didn't call Elena's bluff and actually did something out of character in that regard.  He should have had the sheriff's department at the cottage to evict Elena, and Carmen shouldn't have had to wonder if she still had a job.  Bobby should have made it clear that their asses were grass and he was the lawn mower! End of discussion.  JR would have told Elena that she and her mama had 24 hours to get out of the state of Texas.  Otherwise, they were going to get a visit from some good ol' boys to hurry them along.  McSwean would have shown up at the cottage at 8 p.m. with a warrant for Elena's arrest on prostitution charges to hammer home the point that if she didn't gitty-up, that warrant would be executed.  And, he would have left plane tickets and some cash to boot.

What's so infuriating about this plot-driven swill is that if Elena supposedly grew up with Christopher and John Ross, then she would have been exposed to Bobby long enough to know that he would have done what was "right" by her and her family had she simply come to him in the first place.  I'm also annoyed that Bobby acquiesced so quickly without doing his own investigation.  After all, he has firsthand knowledge of how land records and marriage certificates can be altered or back-dated.

If Cidre was so intent on writing a revenge plot for her favorite heroine, it would have made more sense if the revenge was against Cliff and PammyBecca since they are the ones who permanently altered Elena's life.  It makes no sense that she would give a rat's patootey about "justice" for Cliff.  But, that would have required more character-driven stories as opposed to the nonsense that has a drug cartel wanting to take over Ewing Global so they could take over the Mexican government.

• Love 5

Considering that Skeletor "grew up" with Christopher and John Ross, and with, essentially, the Ewiings, one would think she would know them and not tar and feather them with the EVUHL brush. But no.

Or what MulletorHater said so much, much better.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 3

Considering that Skeletor "grew up" with Christopher and John Ross, and with, essentially, the Ewiings, one would think she would know them and not tar and feather them with the EVUHL brush. But no.

Or what MulletorHater said so much, much better.

GHScorpiosRule, Mama and Mija Ramos continue to bug! First, there was Carmen's blatant disrespect. How this alleged land switch should become the impetus for some kind of restitution as opposed to--oh, I don't know--knowing that your son blew up a rig that resulted in the deaths of two babies and committed arson heedless of the potential loss of life is beyond comprehension.  Evidently, in that alternate universe Carmen and Elena live in, the Ewings haven't paid.  Elena's self-serving eulogy only highlighted the hypocrisy of this not-so-dynamic duo.  So, Drew did the horrific things he did because he was in so much pain.  Really?  It simply fascinates me that Elena was given a platform to make any kind of demands given everything that has happened, the least of which is working with the Ewings everyday knowing that she was actively working against them, along with Nicoquin. She knew full well that he was Cliff's proxy to take control of the company.  Too bad she and her so-called man have been working at cross purposes with each other.

All that posturing should have earned her 5 across the lip.  For all her talk about there being no more secrets, she couldn't even form her lips to tell her married lover how she came across that letter.  The fact that it only just occurred to her that Cliff had no intention of ending the feud tells me everything I need to know about Elena.  Not only is she hypocritical, she is also a coward, which was shown by her trying to act noble in giving PammyBecca the deed to the land that "Jock stole from Digger" and Cliff's pardon papers.  She got this party started and now she's palming the responsibility onto someone else because she can't stand the heat.

I'm also laughing at the tears in Nicoquin's eyes when he realized that his beloved prostituted herself to get that letter.  Dude, is Elena really all that?  I couldn't help noting that he incredibly blamed the Ewings for Elena's cheapening herself.  Um, excuse me, Nicoquin, but your mistress cheapened herself when she started laying up in your bed after she realized that you were married!

• Love 4

The thing with this episode and all the previous episodes of Dallas 2.0 is Cidre's refusal to use actual Dallas 1.0 information. Hell there was even a book written that went into the whole back story between the Ewings and the Barnes' that could be mined for this show. What was great about the original show was how big it was and I don't mean the clothes or hair. There were way more characters and they were all intertwined in some way or another not the shoddy way that Cidre has plotted this version of the show.

There were so many better ways to expand the show diversity wise and they wasted it with Elena, her family and the cartel story and that was more evident in this week's episode than any other.

Also, the acting from the younger generation is still horrible especially Jordana Brewster.

• Love 3

I want PamBecca to have a chance to do more, but I did have to roll my eyes at how she "...expected more..." of Bobby. Um, honey, you came into the family under an assumed identity with the sole intention of ruining the family; you don't get to climb up too high on a righteousness horse.

• Love 9
If so, Sue Ellen clearly loves Pamela and unlike Bobby didn't lose grandchildren because of Cliff. Annie knows next to nothing about the Barnes/Ewing feud, Sue Ellen was there. She probably does have the most objectivity here.

I agree.  Sue Ellen cared about Pamela before she married John Ross, and Sue Ellen was thrilled when she found out Pamela was her daughter-in-law.

I have yet to understand why she wasn't given more to do Monday night.  I mean, PammyBecca only found out that her daddy was framed for JR's murder and that Bobby (whom she apparently admired), along with her husband and Christopher, carried out JR's Masterpiece.  The guy who was directly responsible for the deaths of her babies was buried, and the Ewings actually attended the service.  She's still recovering from the shock of her husband's betrayal and her own overdose. She decided to take Sue Ellen up on her offer to move in with her.

I hate how Sue Elle, Bobby, John Ross, and Pamela are being wasted.  Bobby has always looked after Sue Ellen, and Sue Ellen loved Bobby, Miss Ellie and Original Pamela.  Right now, Sue Ellen, Bobby, Pamela, and John Ross should be working together.  There is so much history to be mined with this show, and instead the idiot Ramos’ and Mexican Cartel ruin everything.

• Love 4

The thing with this episode and all the previous episodes of Dallas 2.0 is Cidre's refusal to use actual Dallas 1.0 information. Hell there was even a book written that went into the whole back story between the Ewings and the Barnes' that could be mined for this show. What was great about the original show was how big it was and I don't mean the clothes or hair. There were way more characters and they were all intertwined in some way or another not the shoddy way that Cidre has plotted this version of the show.

There were so many better ways to expand the show diversity wise and they wasted it with Elena, her family and the cartel story and that was more evident in this week's episode than any other.

Also, the acting from the younger generation is still horrible especially Jordana Brewster.

The height of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result. That's what was so infuriating about the last two shows.  When this new half-season started, I got the sense that Elena finally realized that her "justice" plot was ridiculous especially after PammyBecca landed in the hospital.  I had high hopes that she would actually talk to Bobby and let the plot die an unmerciful death.  Now, it's just the same ol' shit, different day.

Cidre would screw up a one-car funeral procession if left to her own devices.   The history was already there!  The fact that she couldn't be bothered to watch Original Recipe Dallas except for a few shows tells me everything I need to know.  She arrogantly rewrites history to shoehorn her signature family into the show's canon.  Neither she nor her team of hacks can be bothered to do research on some of the must mundane details, such as when Jock originally struck oil.  It's little details like this that older viewers remember and will jump all over when the writers play fast and loose with history.  Imagine my shock when I first learned that John Ross was such an unruly child that he threw a toy truck at Sue Ellen's head or that Elena grew up at Southfork with John Ross and Christopher and interacted with Pam.

TNT did a comprehensive poll at the end of mid-season and the audience made it emphatically clear about what they didn't want.  But, Cidre, in her infinite wisdom, decided to press ahead with her Ramos "Justice" League plot anyway.  Oh, and when all else fails, she goes for "shock and awe" storyline arcs to get the audience talking, such as the PammyBecca/John Ross/Emma threesome, semen-gate, and the brothel that catered to the bizarre (furries, etc.).  I won't even touch on the numerous character changes that Ryland has experienced since Season 1.  One minute he's so vile that even JR's eyebrows became singed.  He had Drew beaten by his thugs and blackmailed him into blowing up that rig.  Oh, wait--let's dial it back a bit because we realize we went too far when those babies died!  Ryland is actually a browbeaten, pitiful sop whose mother obviously wants to bed him and it's mama's fault that he was such a shitty husband to Anne.  Now, he's a good guy who's been secretly working with the CIA all along to bring down a drug cartel.  Oh, snap!  Wait for it...he's also a pimp who helps his insane mother run a brothel that happened to be operating in Dallas in broad daylight.  Of course, the question is how in the hell did he find the time and energy to run his trucking operation?  Don't even get me started on Emma, who went from an Olympic hopeful equestrienne to a dope fiend willing to do anything for a dick and a smile.  She then became a homewrecker, who nastily told her lover to go home and kiss his wife after he "went downtown."  Now, she's a wannabe vamp who thinks she's grown enough to play with the big boys.  And, that's in between taking lessons from grandmama on how to be a good hoe.  I simply can't keep up!

Good writers usually have the innate wisdom to know when something simply isn't resonating with the audience and seamlessly ending the storyline.  Not Cidre, though.  She could have penned Elena as a young lady that Christopher and John Ross met in school, and whose family was upwardly mobile and they just happened to be Latino.  Frankly, I've lost track of the number of retcons there have been for the Ramos family from one episode to the next.  I've also lost track of the number of South American and Mexican gangs that have shown up to terrorize the Ewings or take over their business.  Cidre won't be satisfied until the Ewings are forced to vacate Southfork, and Mama Ramos is laying up in Bobby and Anne's master bedroom.

Edited by MulletorHater
  • Love 9

Wait, Cidre is responsible for Cane? Man, that explains EVERYTHING.

Yup. I remember asking just what other shows she has "developed" or created, back in season 1, I think, over on the other site, and was told Cane. See? Now the Telenovella/TMSO and the Ramos clan taking over makes Oh so much more sense.

• Love 1

Love John Ross calling out Elena, now he needs to enlighten Christopher who still thinks Elena is some saint being manipulated. She didn't get manipulated to have sex with John Ross for that letter, that was all Elena being a whore to get what she wanted. 

The whole Elena/Ramos/Drug cartel plot has ruined this show.

• Love 5

Concerning the next episode (3.12, "Victims of Love"), this is from http://www.spoilertv.com/2014/07/dallas-episodes-309-315-press-releases.html:

As Ewing Global goes public, twists and turns abound while everyone scrambles to claim ownership. Pamela struggles with what to do now that she knows Cliff didn't really kill J.R., and Bobby seeks the aide of an old flame Tracey McKay (guest star Melinda Clarke) to help get back control of the company. Meanwhile, Judith and Ryland work to fix their own problems with the cartel, which ends up putting lives in the balance and aligning the Rylands and Ewings in a way no one ever expected.

Tracey (then played by Beth Toussaint) appeared in slightly over half of the Season 12 episodes in the original series.

Yeah, that was funny.  Did I miss something what was the significance of the portrait.  

Edited by LucyEth