Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

Where do you put your hands, in a photo to show off your pregnant belly? I’m going to say putting them somewhere ON your pregnant belly is a good place to start, instead of having them awkwardly flailing around in the air. Sheesh these people. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Where do you put your hands, in a photo to show off your pregnant belly? I’m going to say putting them somewhere ON your pregnant belly is a good place to start, instead of having them awkwardly flailing around in the air. Sheesh these people. 

But how cute is that top? 🙂

• Love 13
On 7/7/2019 at 11:13 PM, Gothish520 said:

But how cute is that top? 🙂

But you know why? Because it’s a MATERNITY TOP.  Not some skin-tight, stretched-out spandex t-shirt that shows your belly button popped out like a Thanksgiving turkey.

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, ehall1052 said:

But you know why? Because it’s a MATERNITY TOP.  Not some skin-tight, stretched-out spandex t-shirt that shows your belly button popped out like a Thanksgiving turkey.

Like the dress in the post just above?

Ruching over the rear end and thighs is an automatic fail.  Maybe that's a pretend at a maternity dress that is a hopeless mess.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

I dont like to rag on pregnant women, as they have enough on their plate, but that dress is truly awful.  The fam is cute, though.

It's a far cry from the maternity smocks and skirts with cut-outs that we wore back in the 1960's.  It seems that Demi Moore was the first to publicly embrace and celebrate the contours of a pregnant body, but just maybe the pendulum has swung too far.  It must be hellish to wriggle an 8 or 9 month pregnancy belly in and out of such a form-fitting dress, especially in hot, humid weather.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

OMG. Maddie, if you don't want to hear comments about your pregnant appearance then don't post pics of yourself emphasizing said pregnancy. Common sense, yes?

Her parents are Janelle and Kody Brown.  There are no common sense genes available.

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Her parents are Janelle and Kody Brown.  There are no common sense genes available.

I know, I know, and they always let me down in that department, but I'm at the beach with my favorite beverage so hope is springing eternal.

19 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I hope she goes to a hospital this time.  

Ditto!!!

• Love 6
On 7/12/2019 at 3:13 PM, DakotaJustice said:

Except he never smiles.

Axel always looks startled to me, then again, he's probably anxious Janelle's going to pop around the corner with Rockstar canned cabbage or some other game changer.

• LOL 15
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

I hope she goes to a hospital this time.  Big babies and home births are not a good combination.  Yeah and that's like telling a Brown water is wet.  News to them.

I think that part of the reason she did a home birth was because Maddie and Caleb didn't have health insurance or what they did have had a high deductible.

Also it was for the show. 

And also now that she's "experienced" giving birth without pain meds and all the niceties of a hospital (I think it was Lily Tomlin who described the pain of giving birth as "taking your lower lip and pulling it over your head") she's ready for sterility and lots of drugs.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

And also now that she's "experienced" giving birth without pain meds and all the niceties of a hospital (I think it was Lily Tomlin who described the pain of giving birth as "taking your lower lip and pulling it over your head") she's ready for sterility and lots of drugs.

Carol Burnett, according to Google. 

I thought it was Bill Cosby on one of his comedy albums, who may have used it describing his wife giving birth.  However, I have come to dislike him so much that I wouldn't give him credit if he DID say it first.

• Love 9

That looks like a tee shirt dress that she's stretched to the limit over a beach ball.  I know that there are cute maternity tops out there. 

If she tries to wear that thing after the kid is born it's going to have natural ruching in front - provided the distressed seams hold.

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Carol Burnett, according to Google. 

I thought it was Bill Cosby on one of his comedy albums, who may have used it describing his wife giving birth.  However, I have come to dislike him so much that I wouldn't give him credit if he DID say it first.

Bill Cosby did say it on an album; he credited it to Carol Burnett on the recording.  Cosby then used the image as part of a story about his wife giving birth.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I think that part of the reason she did a home birth was because Maddie and Caleb didn't have health insurance or what they did have had a high deductible.

We had a home birth and even with insurance it cost us more than a hospital birth would have. Maddie’s home birth looked a lot less ‘planned’ than ours though so maybe hers was cheaper? 

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Pachengala said:

We had a home birth and even with insurance it cost us more than a hospital birth would have. Maddie’s home birth looked a lot less ‘planned’ than ours though so maybe hers was cheaper? 

Did you have to rent bleachers for your spectators? The Browns provided their own folding chairs so maybe that was the difference. 🤣

• LOL 20
29 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Did you have to rent bleachers for your spectators? The Browns provided their own folding chairs so maybe that was the difference. 🤣

Ha! No, ours was definitely BYOB[leachers]. My immediate family was there but no one posted up on a chair in sight line of my cervix so that’s another way my homebirth differed from Maddie’s.

• LOL 16
2 hours ago, Fosca said:

Bill Cosby did say it on an album; he credited it to Carol Burnett on the recording.  Cosby then used the image as part of a story about his wife giving birth.

Yeah it's from the video "Bill Cosby Himself" but since he turned out to be an asshole, I didn't want to quote him directly and I couldn't recall who he got it from 🤔😳

2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

That looks like a tee shirt dress that she's stretched to the limit over a beach ball.  I know that there are cute maternity tops out there. 

If she tries to wear that thing after the kid is born it's going to have natural ruching in front - provided the distressed seams hold.

Oh I'm sure she has dozens of these LLR dresses left in boxes.

• Love 4
(edited)
28 minutes ago, lma said:

Also, has anyone ever seen a pic of Kody with Axel?

Yes, actually!  I distinctly remember a photo of Kody walking Axel down a sidewalk.  I flipped back several pages and couldn't find it, so maybe it was in the Kody or Janelle thread.

ETA:  Yep, found it in the Janelle thread.

Edited by LilWharveyGal
Added link.
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

I wonder if Janelle and Kody are going down south for Maddie’s delivery? She looks like she’s ready to pop. 

Janelle will probably go but I don't think Kody would be there unless a camera crew comes along to film the event.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

Janelle will probably go but I don't think Kody would be there unless a camera crew comes along to film the event.

Do you think he would leave Robin, especially if she is pregnant, as some of us suspect?  I guess he was in UT for that Scottish festival, and I didn’t see any sign of Robin and her spawn there, but NC is a long way from where Robin is going to be buried (Flagstaff). 🧐

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Maddie has a blog. There’s one entry. Once again, proofreading is lacking.

https://www.laceandlemonsmb.com/

The blog is absolutely pathetic and I don't see the purpose other than to perhaps develop a following and become an "influencer" for possible cash or freebies.  She makes 2 references to her "crazy life" and other than being the product of a polygamist family, I don't see where her life differs from literally millions of other first-time moms.  She was laid-back and slow to potty train and wean Axel from the binky, so maybe she'll be offering theories on why this approach develops a happy toddler but so far, judging by photos, he seems less than a gleeful little boy.

The title, "lace and lemons" is cute and the background color is appropriate, but that's the best thing I can say about the whole blog.  The snack recipe looks like it would be sticky and messy to eat, thus the individual wrapping.  The almonds appear to be slivered but if she is using walnuts, I hope they are very finely chopped as chunky nuts are a choking hazard for kids under 5 and she did say that her whole family enjoys them.

Maddie has to do better than this if she hopes to parlay this blog into something of interest to other young moms.  

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Some people never learn.  Hearing her bellow like a sick cow in Janelle's dirty bathroom was awful.

One of my favorite sayings:  There are three kinds of people on the earth.  Those who learn from other peoples' mistakes.  Those who learn from their own mistakes.  And those who never learn.  It's always sad to see those who never learn keep perpetuating their mistakes especially so very publicly as Maddie will.  

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Apparently Maddie is doing another homebirth- in her blog she states she wouldn’t do it any other way. Jeez- I wonder if the whole family will be there ( including cameras) ?!

I don't think she'll be able to capitalize this homebirth as she did with Axel's.  The camera crew and production had lots going on in LV to film around the birth episode but in NC, the birth and Janelle's participation will be the only theme.  I just don't see the crew standing at the ready in a labor watch for just this event.

Now if bonus mom Meri decided to show up unannounced with giggling Pudge and Sludge in tow, it might be worth filming, just to hear Maddie shriek GET THEM OUTTA HERE, instead of "get HIM outta here" as she did with Axel's birth.

• LOL 4

Oh look, a Mommy Blog! So original and fresh! Absolutely won't get lost in the millions of other Mommy Blogs online.

Oxycotin high of a pain medication-free birth? Her definition of a high is waaaaay off base. And although I have never had any kids, I would imagine that one injection during child birth is not going to be a big deal, needle-wise.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Sandy W said:

The blog is absolutely pathetic and I don't see the purpose other than to perhaps develop a following and become an "influencer" for possible cash or freebies. 

The money has got to be the only reason.  There are literally tens of thousands of blogs out there by young mothers saying essentially the same thing.  And all full of useless babble and boring as hell.  She blathers about being busy but takes time to post drivel that, if they are as busy as she says she is, no other young mothers will ever read.

The Brown family motto has to be that no matter how mundane their lives, they are speshul, spechul people with whom the rest of the world would like to engage.

• Love 9
23 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Hopefully she also brought a new can of scrubbing bubbles for that tub birth

And she's already got a chair-rental service lined up for the big show.  There's nothing worse than squeezing into a crowded bathroom to watch someone give birth and not have a comfortable place to sit.

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

And she's already got a chair-rental service lined up for the big show.  There's nothing worse than squeezing into a crowded bathroom to watch someone give birth and not have a comfortable place to sit.

Just make sure you are out of the splash zone or take a slicker.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1