Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, VedaPierce said:

She posted it, then deleted ...pretty juicy. 

I never saw those before. Wow she really went after Meri. So what happened? They made up? Maddie was helping Meri with her clothing business before she gave birth to Axel. Was 

Meri  abusive her whole life or not?

9 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

I never saw those before. Wow she really went after Meri. So what happened? They made up? Maddie was helping Meri with her clothing business before she gave birth to Axel. Was 

Meri  abusive her whole life or not?

I wondered that, too. Why would Maddie have had Meri as her wedding organizer if she hated her/was afraid her? Or go to work for her with Lularoe? If I had a person who I felt about like that in my life, I'd make sure there was as little involvement as possible once I became an adult. Strange.

• Love 9

Interesting tweets meanwhile...

Maddie sounded really not smart detailing the theme for the bridal shower.

”They like to travel.  So we made the theme traveling..and she’s going from miss to Mrs. so she’s moving too, like traveling...so we have maps for traveling and moving stuff cause you use them to travel.”

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
On 3/15/2019 at 11:54 PM, Soaper410 said:

Interesting tweets meanwhile...

Maddie sounded really not smart detailing the theme for the bridal shower.

”They like to travel.  So we made the theme traveling..and she’s going from miss to Mrs. so she’s moving too, like traveling...so we have maps for traveling and moving stuff cause you use them to travel.”

LOL yeah that was awkward. I did like the decor though, and I completely agree with Maddie's philosophy that a party is in the details. I'm one who always notices stuff like that. 

• Love 1

FA1F4AFB-91F4-42B7-BFE6-1D9DB3CC23C8.jpeg

madison_rose11

Tbt to that one time I felt like a goddess in Aruba 😂 .
#lularoecruise #lularoe #lula #aruba #arubatourism#pregnantlyfe#triednottolaughtoohardbecausebabybladder

11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

FA1F4AFB-91F4-42B7-BFE6-1D9DB3CC23C8.jpeg

madison_rose11

Tbt to that one time I felt like a goddess in Aruba 😂 .
#lularoecruise #lularoe #lula #aruba #arubatourism#pregnantlyfe#triednottolaughtoohardbecausebabybladder

We went to Aruba about 15 years ago and no one was dressed like that... Is she nuts?

Good lord... Crappy, tight synthetic fabric that does not breathe topped of with a big old band on your greasy, sweaty head.

And BLACK of all colors... Jeez you're in Aruba everything there is bright and colorful except Maddie... She is definitely a Brown... No effort is put into hair or a little lip gloss... Just pull on the ugliest, stretchy piece of shit and out the door.

She's as white as Casper the ghost.  👻

Cotton is your friend!

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

#dumbhashtagsfromthehellthatislulano

I think Maddie looks like her mother.  The weight will come later.

I don't know.  She got her weight back down after having Axel.  Well to be honest she never looked like she gained that much.  

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

And BLACK of all colors... Jeez you're in Aruba everything there is bright and colorful except Maddie...

Maybe she was thinking "black is supposed to make you look thinner"? Other than that--I got nothin'. I'm with all of you thinking bright colors in cotton would have been so much better for Maddie in warm, sunny Aruba.

• Love 6
On 4/1/2019 at 9:23 AM, neh said:

What is Maddie wearing in that photo?????

What is that on her head?  It looks a bit like those old fashioned swim caps that they used to require women to wear, but I never saw a black one before so I guess it is something else.  I would never have guessed that picture was taken in Aruba.  That's just sad. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

whoa Audrey looks like she is getting even heavier

I was thinking the same thing... She's becoming very large for such a young woman.

I wonder what Kootie thinks of Maddie wearing a bikini and pregnant to boot.. Modesty is no longer a thing with the Brown's.

Gone are the days of bundling up with shirts over shirts... Meri posted come hither shots while flaunting her cleavage for the boys and Maddie in a bikini on the beach.... I LOVE how kootie has lost his ridiculous control over at least some of the women in his life.   👍

• LOL 5
  • Love 10

Those bullshit fake "modesty" standards of Kootie's make me laugh.  The Hawaii episode where Logan's GF Michelle wore a teeny bikini may have been another reason Kootie was all pissy about everything.  Logan and others eating pork really rankled the poor Kootster, LOL.  Good for Maddie for giving Kootie another headache!!

• LOL 7
  • Love 7

A21EB127-1977-4FAA-9A11-76DEA11E55FE.jpeg

madison_rose11

Let's talk about something for a minute. Something that may have some controversy to it, but I feel EVERY MOM needs to know. 
Your education level does not define if you are a good mom or not! Just because you do not have a degree you are not automatically a bad mom. You shouldn't feel like you are either! 
So often I hear moms say, almost ashamed, that they chose to be a mom instead of an education. Our society almost has it so that we believe that. I struggle with it! I hear all the time that I would be a better mom, a better provider if I had an education. I get comments of how its such a shame that I had a baby and didn't finish my education. This is simply not true.
Now I am not saying an education is a good thing to have, or that it isn't beneficial, but it should not define our abilities to mother! I am not sorry that I chose the option that was best for my family. No mom should be! Whether you chose an education or not, you did what was best for your family. 
Some moms choose to do just the mom thing, its what is best for their family. Their is no shame in that and moms should not ever feel inadequate for not doing what so meone else though best. No mom that chooses an education should be shamed for choosing what I best for her family. No mom that does both, college slowly and stay home, should be shamed for it either! 
I'm so sick of hearing people rag on moms who choose the mom thing, and moms feel ashamed for choosing the mom thing! Or people ragging on moms for doing college and a career and moms feeling like they packed somehow! Its not your business, its not your family and its not your place to have an opinion. Be supportive of moms! They are raising the next generation and whatever they choose is best, support it dammit!

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

madison_rose11

Let's talk about something for a minute. Something that may have some controversy to it, but I feel EVERY MOM needs to know. 
Your education level does not define if you are a good mom or not! Just because you do not have a degree you are not automatically a bad mom. You shouldn't feel like you are either! 
So often I hear moms say, almost ashamed, that they chose to be a mom instead of an education. Our society almost has it so that we believe that. I struggle with it! I hear all the time that I would be a better mom, a better provider if I had an education. I get comments of how its such a shame that I had a baby and didn't finish my education. This is simply not true.
Now I am not saying an education is a good thing to have, or that it isn't beneficial, but it should not define our abilities to mother! I am not sorry that I chose the option that was best for my family. No mom should be! Whether you chose an education or not, you did what was best for your family. 
Some moms choose to do just the mom thing, its what is best for their family. Their is no shame in that and moms should not ever feel inadequate for not doing what so meone else though best. No mom that chooses an education should be shamed for choosing what I best for her family. No mom that does both, college slowly and stay home, should be shamed for it either! 
I'm so sick of hearing people rag on moms who choose the mom thing, and moms feel ashamed for choosing the mom thing! Or people ragging on moms for doing college and a career and moms feeling like they packed somehow! Its not your business, its not your family and its not your place to have an opinion. Be supportive of moms! They are raising the next generation and whatever they choose is best, support it dammit!

Obviously someone should have stayed in school... I counted so many mistakes I lost track. 🙄

• LOL 4
  • Love 16
6 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

She does have pretty eyes. When I first saw the picture, I thought it was going to be about Axel being ill. She needed a happy picture to go with the post.

Lolol I hadn't even noticed Axel's face until you said that!

Good lord he looks like a kid who just spent a week with gramma eating nothing but canned cabbage.

• LOL 12
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, ginger90 said:

madison_rose11

While I agree with the sentiment that not everyone needs a higher education but it sounds like she is trying to convince herself that her path was ok.  

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

While I agree with the sentiment that not everyone needs a higher education but it sounds like she is trying to convince herself that her path was ok.  

Right?! When I was her age, I cared too much what people thought of me, too. Maddie, honey, it gets better.

I find it worth noting she honed in on the education aspect. She could have said she was a working mother or an entrepreneur or some LLR buzzword. 

When my twins were one and I was working crazy hours at a crazy job, I left that job and joined a friend in her petsitting business. I have a degree from a top tier university, I was at the top of my game in my career, and I left it all for basically a side hustle job. It was 100% the right choice for my family at the time, but it was hard from an identity standpoint. I quickly figured out to respond to the “what do you do?” question with, “I own my own small business which allows me to stay at home with my kids.” Interesting that Maddie doesn’t have a similar pat answer with LLR.

• Love 18
On 4/12/2019 at 8:39 AM, Kohola3 said:

Wow, someone certainly is protesting too much.

An education doesn't mean you are a good or bad mom. It means that you have the ability to support yourself if anything happens. Something for which the Brown women are woefully deficient.

You think Maddie would know this considering Janelle was a career oriented woman. 

• Love 3
On 4/12/2019 at 1:12 AM, DaphneCat said:

How was she making the leap that people were saying she was a bad mom because she doesn't have a degree?  This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.  And in this day and age, no one criticizes a woman for choosing to be a full time mother rather than work outside the home. 

Just, when you publicly say you are going to get your degree before you start having babies and then do the exact opposite, people tend to wonder what, if anything, is going on in your head.

I agree, the criticism I've seen is about not furthering her education. I don't think people are saying she's a bad mom. Although, its optimistic to think that no one disparages someone for choosing to be a stay-at-home parent. The internet is a cruel bully, people will rake you over the coals for anything and everything.

• Love 10
16 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

I agree, the criticism I've seen is about not furthering her education. I don't think people are saying she's a bad mom. Although, its optimistic to think that no one disparages someone for choosing to be a stay-at-home parent. The internet is a cruel bully, people will rake you over the coals for anything and everything.

The harsh reality is that if she chooses to be a SAHM that wants/needs to generate income, she pretty well has to use the medium of the internet to promote what she is selling, leaving herself open to opinions on everything in her presentation of the product.  In reality, it isn't much different than working outside the home, where you will be subjected to the expectations and demands of an employer as well as the politics of working in harmony with co-workers.

Maddie is probably somewhat inured to the slings and arrows of public opinion given that her parents (and as collateral the children) have chosen reality television for their career.  I wonder if Kody calls one of his famous table discussions as the kids become mature enough to have a voice, seeking their input to whether or not they wish to continue living in the fishbowl.  Given the greed and lust for easy money by Kody and crew I doubt this has happened, the kids have to go along for the ride whether they like it or not.

• Love 8
On 4/2/2019 at 9:53 AM, Twopper said:

What is that on her head?  It looks a bit like those old fashioned swim caps that they used to require women to wear, but I never saw a black one before so I guess it is something else.  I would never have guessed that picture was taken in Aruba.  That's just sad. 

On her head is a headband....the black you see are the ends of her hair....porous and dyed at home, they hold all the dye and create that awful look. 

• Useful 3
On 4/12/2019 at 1:12 AM, DaphneCat said:

And in this day and age, no one criticizes a woman for choosing to be a full time mother rather than work outside the home.

Sadly people do shame women for staying at home with their children.  I was openly called a "mooch" because I left my career to be a Home mom and make sure my family had a strong home support system.  I've experienced lots of criticism for not "supporting" my family and "making" my husband do all the work. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Sadly people do shame women for staying at home with their children.  I was openly called a "mooch" because I left my career to be a Home mom and make sure my family had a strong home support system.  I've experienced lots of criticism for not "supporting" my family and "making" my husband do all the work. 

As a single mother I didn't have the chance to stay home.  I tell any woman, if you have the chance and can make cuts and sacrifices in spending and living expenses, be a stay at home mom.  Lots of people out there on YouTube and blogs that show how they manage on one income.   I would cry  at work  occasionally, because I missed my baby.  Glad she never held it against me.

• Love 13

IA, Pickle, and it's a hard call and a very personal decision. My nephew would give anything to be a SAHD because he has anxiety issues and doesn't function well in the work world. He would jump on it if his wife could earn enough to float their boat.

Our culture has all kinds of conversations about how couples cope and manage while too often overlooking the dilemma of single parenting. I feel for what you went through without having wider choices. 

I think Maddie lives in a bubble and feels a bit entitled (because of how she was raised).

• Love 7
9 hours ago, suomi said:

I think Maddie lives in a bubble and feels a bit entitled (because of how she was raised).

Or possibly she is following along with the Brown Family persecution complex.  She can't cry persecution  for being a polygamist so maybe she's trying to say that people are criticizing her for being a SAHM when, in reality, people are just saying getting an education is never a bad thing.

• Love 8

There is nothing wrong with being a SAHM, but if something were to happen to Mr. Brush, having an education would make it easier for Maddie to support her family.  We were led to believe that his illness was chronic and could be debilitating or was that just trumped up for the show to create a second master in Janelle's house?

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

There is nothing wrong with being a SAHM, but if something were to happen to Mr. Brush, having an education would make it easier for Maddie to support her family.  We were led to believe that his illness was chronic and could be debilitating or was that just trumped up for the show to create a second master in Janelle's house?

Yes. Back in the day I was a stay at home mom with no supportable education.  My future plans was marry the doctor, which I did.  And then he left me.  Joke on me.  I was able to go to college and graduate school as a single mother and it didn't interfere with being with the kids, who were young.  But, not in my plan and not easy.   I tell every girl/young woman I meet and get the opportunity to get educated so they can take care of themselves, even if they never have to because no one knows what anyone's future is - and some of the married ones say "he would never leave me".  Well, he could get sick, can't find a job, (and still could leave her, no guarantees) etc.  Starry eyed young women find this all hard to believe.  I wish I could tell this to Maddie.

• Love 11

Absolutely.  Mr. X and I raised our daughter to be independent, because not everyone finds a partner or stays with him/her.  As it turned out, she got married, but only after she'd gotten her college degree.  She got her first job at 16, and worked while attending college as well.  We contributed quite a bit, too.  College isn't cheap.  So worth it!  IMO, a girl should be raised with the same educational expectations as a boy.

• Love 12
16 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I really hope she does the right thing this time and gives us a proper name for the newest Brush.

Like:  Hair or Fuller or Wire..... Maybe even Toilet... which makes me a little giddy

I'm leaning toward something like Hubcap or Fender, maybe Chassis for a girl.

Maddie really needs bangs.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

I'm leaning toward something like Hubcap or Fender, maybe Chassis for a girl.

Maddie really needs bangs

Axel and Chassis... I like it!  😂 

Maddie has a large forehead like Janelle and yes bangs would be a huge improvement 

She should also spend the money and get her color done professionally.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Absolutely.  Mr. X and I raised our daughter to be independent, because not everyone finds a partner or stays with him/her.  As it turned out, she got married, but only after she'd gotten her college degree.  She got her first job at 16, and worked while attending college as well.  We contributed quite a bit, too.  College isn't cheap.  So worth it!  IMO, a girl should be raised with the same educational expectations as a boy.

Preach!  My parents barely had 2 nickels to rub together when I was growing up, and the family joke was that my first words were "college scholarship."  They raised me to be able to take care of myself no matter what.  I put myself through college with a lot of hard work, did well professionally, and didn't marry until I was 47--and I'm STILL not financially dependent on my husband!

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I couldn't help but laugh while reading the story because they keep referring to Maddie as "Maddie Brown Brush" this and "Maddie Brown Brush"  that.

When I first saw it I misread and thought it said "Maddie Brown BUSH"   lol

• LOL 5
  • Love 1