Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I've never been pregnant, so forgive me if this is a dumb question with an obvious answer:  Why do pregnant women hold/support their bellies like in the above picture?  I assumed they were just trying to emphasize their bellies in the billowy maternity clothes for pictures.  But Maddie is wearing a tight tank and leggings, which prompted my question.  Is it really for support?  Or just habit?  Megan Markle did it all the time, and it kind of annoyed me.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

Why do pregnant women hold/support their bellies like in the above picture? 

Just speaking for myself - by Maddie's stage it's absolutely for comfort and support.  You'll do anything to lift that weight off your pelvis for a little while.  Earlier on?  Yeah...I think it can be a bit of an affectation.

• Useful 1
  • Love 15
5 hours ago, CouchTater said:

I've never been pregnant, so forgive me if this is a dumb question with an obvious answer:  Why do pregnant women hold/support their bellies like in the above picture?  

For me, I was just so content  being pregnant. It was one of the happiest, most peaceful times of my life, a time when my purpose was clear and singular, so I stroked my belly constantly because I was just ridiculously blissed out. I follow some royal forums and I’ve seen people’s irritation with MM’s belly-holding, and it’s always surprising to me. Why is touching your own body, especially when it’s growing a little life in it, a problem for people? I don’t know. I just wanted to love on my baby. Mileage obviously varies. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 20

I think it is also a protective gesture. Supporting yourself and cradling that precious cargo. Yes, it is also a huge weight that you want to relieve some, been there done that twice! I think it is instinctive just to guard and protect.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
19 hours ago, Pachengala said:

For me, I was just so content  being pregnant. It was one of the happiest, most peaceful times of my life, a time when my purpose was clear and singular, so I stroked my belly constantly because I was just ridiculously blissed out. I follow some royal forums and I’ve seen people’s irritation with MM’s belly-holding, and it’s always surprising to me. Why is touching your own body, especially when it’s growing a little life in it, a problem for people? I don’t know. I just wanted to love on my baby. Mileage obviously varies. 

I have no young'uns but I don't see why a pregnant woman holding and petting her belly would be an issue.  *Shrugs* I just thought they were stroking their baby.  Leave'em be, I say, it's their baby and their belly. 😊

• Love 11

I agree, it's a name I'd never choose.  Christine probably suggested it, what with the weird spelling and all.

Now I wonder if she had the baby at home.  Gawd, the last one was awful, not just the bellowing, but the audience.  Maddie's nuts IMO.

ETA, People has an article.

Edited by xwordfanatik
added a comment.
  • Love 3

I wonder what People magazine pays them for this stuff. 

She had the baby 9 days ago... I would have thought that between Maddie, Janelle and Christine on Instagram that something would have been posted immediately.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

I agree, it's a name I'd never choose.  Christine probably suggested it, what with the weird spelling and all.

Now I wonder if she had the baby at home.  Gawd, the last one was awful, not just the bellowing, but the audience.  Maddie's nuts IMO.

ETA, People has an article.

According to People, the baby was born August 20, but the Brush family resisted the impulse to announce on their Instagram.

Gotta hold back for the publication date for People, keep those $$$ flowing for 'exclusive' interviews.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
14 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

I wonder what People magazine pays them for this stuff. 

She had the baby 9 days ago... I would have thought that between Maddie, Janelle and Christine on Instagram that something would have been posted immediately.

Their payment is probably dependent upon their silence.  Janelle had Gabe in Flag several days ago and Gwendlyn had Christine in Flag a couple of days ago on their Instagram accounts.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Their payment is probably dependent upon their silence.  Janelle had Gabe in Flag several days ago and Gwendlyn had Christine in Flag a couple of days ago on their Instagram accounts.

Very interesting that Janelle and Christine were probably present for the birth but scooted back home as soon as baby arrived.  I would think that Maddie could have used the help Janelle would have been able to give her after the birth rather than the weeks she spent there preceding.

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Very interesting that Janelle and Christine were probably present for the birth but scooted back home as soon as baby arrived.  I would think that Maddie could have used the help Janelle would have been able to give her after the birth rather than the weeks she spent there preceding.

No kidding!  This is when a mama's hard work really begins!

As someone whose name is frequently misspelled, I weep for little Miss Brush's future.  What was Maddie smoking to dream up this one?  I don't think even Mykelti could have come up with something wackier.  

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
39 minutes ago, deirdra said:

EVANGALYNN will be hard to pronounce, since "ga" is pronounced as in "gal", not like the "ge" in Evangeline.  Evanga sounds very gansta.

Where did you find this/hear this re pronunciation? TIA

(Hard g or soft g - either way sucks, IMO). 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, suomi said:

I haven't heard any of the Brown Clowns pronounce it, I was just following the general rule - When c or g meets a, o, or u, its sound is hard. When c or g meets e, i, or y, its sound is soft.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 4
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, deirdra said:

I haven't heard any of the Brown Clowns pronounce it, I was just following the general rule - When c or g meets a, o, or u, its sound is hard. When c or g meets e, i, or y, its sound is soft.

Ah, thank you! I thought one of the Bs had been interviewed and I was the only one who missed it, LOL. 

• LOL 1
11 minutes ago, suomi said:

I read "oma" Christine's influence all over the baby name.  She has a penchant for inserting a "y" in girls names, just to be different I guess.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

It looks phonetically like "Ee-VAN-ga-lynn"  but I assume it will be pronounced "Ee-VANGE-a-lynn."  So yeah, neither is great.  This child is going to have to spell and pronouce her name forever.

Unless she just goes by "Kodi."  Yuck.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I just read an online article, "Mormons name their kids the darndest things".  This name Evangalynn pales by comparison.

Apparently "Mormons name their kids the darndest things" is an annual post, with more darndest things every year.

• LOL 6
45 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

It looks phonetically like "Ee-VAN-ga-lynn"  but I assume it will be pronounced "Ee-VANGE-a-lynn."  So yeah, neither is great.  This child is going to have to spell and pronouce her name forever.

Unless she just goes by "Kodi."  Yuck.

I wonder if Mariah named her fur baby Koda after Kody?

So now we have Kody, Kodi and Koda

So what's left for Mykelti and Aspyn.. Kodey,  Kodee?

Edited by Joan of Argh
Effed up
  • LOL 5

Pretty sure this is a crazy spelling of Evangeline, which is a lovely old-fashioned name, fairly unusual these days, and certainly distinctive enough not to merit the weird variant they chose. I agree with Sandy W the spellingk has Christine's stamp on it. She is the one who left out the "o" in Gwendlyn's name. Evangalynn is like 3 names, Eva, Vanga (lol) and Lynn. Hopefully they just call her Eva.

ETA I agree with Deirdra, according to rules of pronunciation, the "Ga" is a hard g (as in GAG!)

Edited by Teafortwo
forgot to add
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Evangalynn Kodi. Holy mother of badly butchered name! 

I actually like the name Evangeline, but this is a shocker of a cringeworthy spellingk to me. And then to go and add Kodi into this already questionable moniker, speechless. 

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Evangalynn Kodi. Holy mother of badly butchered name! 

I actually like the name Evangeline, but this is a shocker of a cringeworthy spellingk to me. And then to go and add Kodi into this already questionable moniker, speechless. 

If there were a barf emoji I would use it!

PS Just saw this reply regarding pronunciation on Maddie's Insta: 

madison_rose11

@woogsters EEvan-Jah-Lynn

Ok, I know this is just wrong, but I keep seeing it as E-vag.

Edited by Teafortwo
added detail
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

I have read that some adherents to Mormonism like to slip a "y" into their kid's names to honor Brigham Young.  If that is the case, Christine missed a bet when she didn't name her son Paydon. 

• Love 3
On 8/30/2019 at 6:32 AM, Joan of Argh said:

I wonder if Mariah named her fur baby Koda after Kody?

So now we have Kody, Kodi and Koda

So what's left for Mykelti and Aspyn.. Kodey,  Kodee?

Well they are Christine’s kids so they should be nothing if not ’kreative’ with spellingk. Aside from the two you mentioned, there’s always Kodeigh, Kodie, Cody and god knows how many other variants they can dream up, 

On 8/30/2019 at 6:50 AM, Teafortwo said:

Ok, I know this is just wrong, but I keep seeing it as E-vag.

E-vaginal-an’ Kootie Brush. 

Sounds like a slang name for a newly invented little device to effectively clean pubic lice off your neither regions.

Edited by Sofa Sloth
Spellingk
  • LOL 6
41 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

Maddy is going to be pissed when people continuously mis-pronounce it. 

That's what happens when you ignore the rules of pronunciation that everyone else learned (and spellingk).

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

That's what happens when you ignore the rules of pronunciation that everyone else learned (and spellingk).

Absolutely.  I get so irritated when people name their kids something so bizarre and then get huffy when you mispronounce it.

A frequent visitor to our our ER as a girl named Diarrhea.  Yep.  But her parents pronounced it "dairy-ah" and got upset when we a) mispronounced it and b) collapsed in laughter when doing so,

• LOL 6
  • Love 2

The baby is beautiful, the name as pronounced is pretty, and at this point, kreative spellins are as common as the proper spellings. I'm deep in names for the new college students coming into my tutoring lab and I would never attempt to spell someone's name because so many students have alternative spellings. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
37 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Absolutely.  I get so irritated when people name their kids something so bizarre and then get huffy when you mispronounce it.

A frequent visitor to our our ER as a girl named Diarrhea.  Yep.  But her parents pronounced it "dairy-ah" and got upset when we a) mispronounced it and b) collapsed in laughter when doing so,

I just read of a mother intentionally naming a child because she liked the sound of a word she had heard used while she was in labor.  The hospital staff explained the meaning of the word but the mother was adamant the child would be named Placenta.

• LOL 6
47 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I have a cousin "dairy-ah", spelled Daria,  though as kids we sometimes called her diarrhea 😉.

I hope your frequent visitor at the ER doesn't suffer from IBS or some other bowel disease that makes her name even more awkward for her.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 8
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

The baby is beautiful, the name as pronounced is pretty, and at this point, kreative spellins are as common as the proper spellings. I'm deep in names for the new college students coming into my tutoring lab and I would never attempt to spell someone's name because so many students have alternative spellings. 

I made every student at my school provide a pronunciation guide to his or her full name. Even things like Dana can go a couple of ways -- never mind creative spelling -- and I'm tired of 1) guessing and 2) hearing the names either mangled or swallowed because the announcer doesn't know how to say it.

Edited by Broken Ox
  • Love 6
On 8/30/2019 at 9:17 AM, Kohola3 said:

Omg that’s truly awful! I actually can’t believe those parents actually saddled that poor child with that embarrassing name! Some people don’t deserve children honestly. It’s really not difficult to name a child something non-offensive. 

Personally I’m a big believer in classic normal names, though I do admit some newer creations are nice.  I think the worst are the parents who go kreative and younique on the spellingk of perfectly nice normal classic names. *Evangalynn*cough*Evangeline*cough*. You are just saddling your child with a lifetime of correcting, spelling out and explaining to people why it’s spelt differently. That gets old real quick. 

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Some people don’t deserve children honestly. It’s really not difficult to name a child something non-offensive. 

The parents were just about the stupidest people on the planet and were poster children for "you need to have a license to own a pet but there are no restrictions on parenthood".  She was a gorgeous child but dumb as a rock. 

Evangeline is a lovely name.  Evangalynne is setting up that kid for a lifetime of mocking and playground fights.

• Love 10
On 8/30/2019 at 11:29 AM, Kohola3 said:

Evangeline is a lovely name.  Evangalynne is setting up that kid for a lifetime of mocking and playground fights.

I completely agree. Evangalynn hurts my heart, as Evangeline is a beautiful, classic and unusual enough name, it didn’t need that dumb spellingk to make it unique. 

And trying to pass the ‘ga’ sound off as ‘jah’. No Maddie and Caleb. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Go directly to naming jail. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 16