Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

14 hours ago, suomi said:

Eventually, yes. Now, not so much. I'm not clear on how that isn't obvious. I'm not aware of rage-induced vomiting being a laudable concept in child-rearing. 

Maybe she shouldn't have weaned him yet. Maybe he wasn't ready.  Maybe he isn't neurotypical. Maybe we have no idea what is appropriate for him.

Edited by Higgins
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

If Maddie ( and the rest of the  numbnut Brown family) doesn’t want public input on her life and kid, perhaps she should stop plastering photos on social media...

I understand the binkie struggle- but there are ways to gently wean a kid off of it. We allowed our daughter to have her binkie in her bed only. If she needed the comfort of it then she would have some quiet time on her bed with a book. Eventually she grew less dependent on it, and the binkie faded away. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

We allowed our daughter to have her binkie in her bed only. If she needed the comfort of it then she would have some quiet time on her bed with a book. Eventually she grew less dependent on it, and the binkie faded away. 

Good idea!  Axel would appreciate the "me" time. Read him a story and make it all about him, not Vanga, not Maddie, and no selfies for the Interwebs.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8

Don't want the commentary, don't post photos of the kid with a plug in his mouth.  Life is really very simple.  

I agree with the don't hide the plugs, throw them out.  It's more like torturing the child if he knows they're in the house and you're withholding them.  Have a ceremony.  Let the child do the tossing and then celebrate in some fashion.  And DON'T go backwards.  That's what I would fault them for being  supposedly done, keeping them, and then letting him have it after throwing a fit.  That isn't teaching him what I suspect they want him to learn.  As far as the old saw of I never saw a kindergartner with a pacifier, that's because the teacher didn't allow it.  I kept a trash can at the door so objectionable items could go straight where they belonged and yes, I tossed more than one plug on the first day of school.  

• Love 18
44 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I agree with the don't hide the plugs, throw them out.  It's more like torturing the child if he knows they're in the house and you're withholding them.  Have a ceremony.  Let the child do the tossing and then celebrate in some fashion.

That's what we did with our oldest... Much like Axel our son had a new baby sister so we explained that babies suck binkies and that now he was the big brother and should toss the binkie and help his little baby sister with her new binkie.

He was fine, we got him a big brother t-shirt and he did the tossing himself.

We did much the same with all our kids and never had a problem.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Absolom said:

Don't want the commentary, don't post photos of the kid with a plug in his mouth.  Life is really very simple.  

I agree with the don't hide the plugs, throw them out.  It's more like torturing the child if he knows they're in the house and you're withholding them.  Have a ceremony.  Let the child do the tossing and then celebrate in some fashion.  And DON'T go backwards.  That's what I would fault them for being  supposedly done, keeping them, and then letting him have it after throwing a fit.  That isn't teaching him what I suspect they want him to learn.  As far as the old saw of I never saw a kindergartner with a pacifier, that's because the teacher didn't allow it.  I kept a trash can at the door so objectionable items could go straight where they belonged and yes, I tossed more than one plug on the first day of school.  

He's sure doing a great job of teaching his parents how to give him what he wants. 

• Love 15
On 10/6/2019 at 2:58 PM, suomi said:

It's incredibly easy to educate yourself these days instead of relying on poor advice (old wives tales) that perhaps is well-meaning but ultimately the wrong road to travel. He wasn't getting something he needed when he was younger and she used the paci as an easy out and now he is paying the price.

He is the firstborn and was an only child for two years and she did not work outside the home. He had her undivided attention and this is how she rolled? Wow. 

He did not have her "undivided attention". 

I was still on FB when she was selling LLR and he was always fussing in the background or foreground, wanting attention from mommy or Daddy. Plus she was going to nursing college, allegedly. Caleb was in the picture too a lot of the time but he had just gotten off work - being on your feet working at home Depot all day then having to help sell crappy clothing on FB doesn't really bode well for quality time with the kid so why not shove a nuk in his mouth? 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

I think Madison is struggling without the support of her family.  Bet they move to Flagstaff before long, unless of course, the whole family leaves Flagstaff for some other perfect place~

I can see this happening when Sol decides he'd like to attend the University of Hawaii.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

I think Madison is struggling without the support of her family.  Bet they move to Flagstaff before long, unless of course, the whole family leaves Flagstaff for some other perfect place~

Can Caleb afford to support his family in Flagstaff, though? I thought the reason for the move was for a job, and I'm sure the cost of living is less expensive. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I can see this happening when Sol decides he'd like to attend the University of Hawaii.

While Truly works at the local fast food joint to put herself through a jr college.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

Can Caleb afford to support his family in Flagstaff, though? I thought the reason for the move was for a job, and I'm sure the cost of living is less expensive. 

At the end of last season Maddie was harping on camera about how Janelle wanted them to move to Flagstaff with the whole family.  Maddie said that there weren't any work opportunities for them (her family) there. She was pretty open about being irritated that they all moved to LV to be close to family with the baby and then the family up and moves away. I don't think it was very long after the whole lot of them went to Flagstaff that Maddie/Caleb went to North Carolina.

• Love 14
On 10/7/2019 at 4:11 PM, Absolom said:

I agree with the don't hide the plugs, throw them out.  It's more like torturing the child if he knows they're in the house and you're withholding them.  Have a ceremony.  Let the child do the tossing and then celebrate in some fashion. 

That's exactly what my daughter did with my grandson.  She started talking to him about his 3rd birthday and would say, "You'll get presents, and we'll go out to eat, and you'll have birthday cake, and then you have to throw your binkie in the dumpster because you're 3, and that's the rule."

He woke up the morning of his birthday and said, "Let's go throw the binkie in the dumpster."  He did it, and they cheered, and he never asked about it again.  He felt like it was a rite of passage.

• Love 19
15 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

Axel seems like an ill tempered little boy. 

It's no wonder after all the trauma his mother put him through at birth.

He needs soothing from the binkie at 2?  We're watching another entitled snowflake in the making. 🙁

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Yeah No said:

It's no wonder after all the trauma his mother put him through at birth.

He needs soothing from the binkie at 2?  We're watching another entitled snowflake in the making. 🙁

If they're going to let him have the binkie they really should start putting limits.... like binkie is only for naps and bedtime.... So binkie never leaves the bed area.

Right now he has that thing shoved in his yap day and night... even at the zoo and other family outings.... Ridiculous.

He's such a sourpuss and always has a dopey look on his face... and the binkie doesn't help.

On the other hand Miss Evie K looks like a happy baby, always smiling and cute. ☺

• Love 11
16 hours ago, Broken Ox said:

"Over it"? Has he ever smiled?

The only time I've seen him smile was when Auntie Christine came for a visit and played with make-up with him around the time of Vanga's birth.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 7

Interesting to me that the new little one is smiling and has no pacifier, but the two year old always has a sour puss and has a plug in his mouth 24/7.  If I were Maddie, I would be saying “look Axl, little sister doesn’t need a pacifier and she’s such a happy girl. Let’s show her what a big boy you are!”

• Love 10
1 hour ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

....“look Axl, little sister doesn’t need a pacifier and she’s such a happy girl. Let’s show her what a big boy you are!”

It'll never happen.  Mommy isn't interested into putting any effort into it because he's proven he'll get his way with a tantrum or two.  Little Boy Brush rules that roost. 

Hope they are setting aside money for his orthodontist appointments.

• Love 8

Oh goodness, that is sad news, but hopefully most of it will be treatable.  No one wants their baby to have to undergo multiple surgeries.  Heartbreaking.

This is something I think about regarding the Browns.  They are so incredibly fortunate that their children are healthy.  I wonder - given what we've seen of Kody's neglect of the very sick Truely a few seasons back - would he be flippantly tossing his hair and uprooting his brood every time the whim strikes him if he had a child with mental or physical handicaps?  We've also seen his treatment of Ysabel's scoliosis - he's made it seem like the curve is partially her fault for not being able to do her exercises every day, and that he's very against her having surgery.  The fact that most of his kids have escaped his lack of parenting relatively unscathed speaks to their strength, not his.  

Maddie really has her hands full - a headstrong toddler, and now both a husband and baby with health issues.  I hope Janelle gets her act together and is able to be a help to her daughter.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 11

Challenging years ahead for the Brush family.  Their marriage seems solid, so I am sure they will find the strength in each other to guide them through the many difficult decisions they will face.

If I were Janelle at this time, I would be seething with resentment over Kody forcing this move and at myself for not standing my ground and following my instincts to remain in LV where she could have been a support system for Maddie and family.

• Love 20
24 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

It's very brave of Maddie & Caleb to share this sad news.  I wish the best possible outcome for this cute little girl.  

Me too, but I also hope she doesn't become one of the TLC genetic freaks. No child deserves that.  😢

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Challenging years ahead for the Brush family.  Their marriage seems solid, so I am sure they will find the strength in each other to guide them through the many difficult decisions they will face.

If I were Janelle at this time, I would be seething with resentment over Kody forcing this move and at myself for not standing my ground and following my instincts to remain in LV where she could have been a support system for Maddie and family.

I dunno - North Carolina has a lower cost of living, better weather, and two world-renowned medical schools (UNC and Duke).  I thought the reason for the move was because Caleb had a better job opportunity. He would have a hard time supporting a family working at Home Depot while trying to go to school. 

Janelle doesn't need to be close by all the time. Plus IMO the children have a shot at a more normal life away from the family circus.  

If I was Maddie I would join a local church and become involved with the community, and not spend so much time on Instagram.

In addition, Janelle is a single woman. She's not legally married to Kody and can do what she wants, and I think it's pretty obvious that she's JUST FINE with the move.

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Love 9
58 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

I dunno - North Carolina has a lower cost of living, better weather, and two world-renowned medical schools (UNC and Duke).  I thought the reason for the move was because Caleb had a better job opportunity. He would have a hard time supporting a family working at Home Depot while trying to go to school. 

Janelle doesn't need to be close by all the time. Plus IMO the children have a shot at a more normal life away from the family circus.  

If I was Maddie I would join a local church and become involved with the community, and not spend so much time on Instagram.

In addition, Janelle is a single woman. She's not legally married to Kody and can do what she wants, and I think it's pretty obvious that she's JUST FINE with the move.

As long as she has a couch or a recliner and a big bag of Fritos to top off any of her strive rockstar healthy meals, she is probably content.

• Love 3

I always liked Maddie and Caleb and they will get through this.  They do seem to love each other and their little family and I think it's best they are in North Carolina.   They don't need the chaos the rest of the Browns provide.  But to be snarky:  this will definitely provide another season or two.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

As much as I love these threads, I would rather this show go off the air than for Maddie to allow her daughter's surgeries to become a storyline.  It was bad enough when Truely's kidneys nearly shut down while her doofus dad held court for the cameras on the finer points of burning steaks on the grill.  But Maddie is a Brown, so I guess we'll see.

I can't agree strongly enough. TLC has a history of taking abnormalities and making them into freak reality shows. Two headed conjoined twins, 700 pound people, the Honey Boo Boo crew including Anna's 6 fingered baby - I could go on. 

The Browns have known about this for months now - it showed up on an ultrasound - I'm guessing that Kody has been in talks with TLC to monitize it just like they did with Truely's kidneys and Gwen's scoliosis.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

If one of my adult kids had a health crisis with a new baby I would walk on water,  if necessary, to be there for them. Janelle did help Maddie fly back home after their visit but hightailed it back to Arizona right away...

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Juliegirlj said:

If one of my adult kids had a health crisis with a new baby I would walk on water,  if necessary, to be there for them. Janelle did help Maddie fly back home after their visit but hightailed it back to Arizona right away...

Janelle is caught between a rock and a hard place now.  She still has Savanah and Gabe at home in Flagstaff and at this time it would be really unfair to wrench them away from new schools and friends that they have established there.  The situation with Evie will be ongoing for years to come. The best Janelle will be able to do at this point will be to fly out for surgeries when needed.

• Love 15