Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, AryasMum said:

There’s a lot about Kody, a ranch kid, that reminds me of farmers. I had a friend with four boys. She was a farmer’s daughter and her husband was a farmer for a time. They had a zip line in the yard and her nephew fell and broke his arm.  Privately, she thought he was a bit of a weakling. Now this woman is a very compassionate nurse, but they’re raised more to stand back and let the kids be kids - bruises and broken bones are a part of life.  

Wait!  What?  Kody's not a surfer dude born & raised in Southern California?  Look at his hair!

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
On 10/3/2020 at 10:39 PM, suomi said:

Check out the cheeser on Axel! His eyes are smiling! Hunter's smile is genuine. Evie is adorable. 

Axel sure seems to light up around Christine, and now Hunter.  Maybe he's just over being chased around by his mom and her phone.  

In watching the older episodes, it's noted that Hunter seemed to enjoy hanging out with Truely, which I always found sweet.  He's for sure the cool uncle.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, CocoPuffs said:

She is a cutie pie. I can’t tell who she looks like. Axel looks exactly like Janelle’s boys. Maybe Evie looks like Caleb’s family.

I am happy for Caleb’s dad. He and his wife/girlfriend (not sure, but it sounds weird saying girlfriend, lol) look happy.

Evie's mouth shape  and eye colour are like Maddie's, but her eye shape, brows and general head shape look more like Caleb's.

• Love 2
On 10/12/2020 at 10:31 AM, CocoPuffs said:

She is a cutie pie. I can’t tell who she looks like. Axel looks exactly like Janelle’s boys. Maybe Evie looks like Caleb’s family.

Was just going to say Axel looks like a split between Logan and Hunter.

I dont know who Evie looks more like but she is just an angel baby.  I think she is just beautiful!

• Love 7

Her caption:

This man worked late at a physical labor job. Both his babies missed him and needed ALL the attention! He patiently held them while he finished his dinner and talked to them as he gave them bites of the food they refused to eat when I fed it to them. Squeezed in some time before it was bedtime for them. I fall more in love with him watching him father our kids! His patience always astounds me.
💛

Just wanted to take a second and show some appreciation!

I am impressed because Maddie realizes that these are the best days of their lives.

• Love 14

Does this now leave Kody's mom alone on their isolated ranch?  I have read that Sheryl, the 3rd wife, left after Kody's dad passed.

I wonder if Robyn will make room for Ginielle, Kody's mom, in their love nest.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

Wasn't there another wife to Winn?  I seem to remember the name Bobbi?  And that she didn't want to be filmed?  

Robyn certainly has room in her almost $1 million dollar home for Ginielle.  Whether she'll make her MIL welcome?  We shall see.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, deirdra said:

William Winn Brown's obituary mentions wives Genielle, Bobbie and Sheryl (Janelle's mom)

You are right, Sheryl is Janelle's mom.  Bobbie was the other wife that didn't want to be filmed.  Thanks for clearing that up.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

Wasn't there another wife to Winn?  I seem to remember the name Bobbi?  And that she didn't want to be filmed?  

Robyn certainly has room in her almost $1 million dollar home for Ginielle.  Whether she'll make her MIL welcome?  We shall see.

I was confused on the names xword, the 3rd wife is Bobbi.  Sorry for the mixup.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I think that Janelle's mom lived with them at least part time. 

I didn't remember Janelle's mom living with Kody and Krew.  I do remember Annie, Christine's mom living with them until she was euchred out of the gig as hostess at the Inn.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

I didn't remember Janelle's mom living with Kody and Krew.  I do remember Annie, Christine's mom living with them until she was euchred out of the gig as hostess at the Inn.

She wasn't featured on the show but I recall Janelle mentioning on SM around the time of the move to Flagstaff that her mom spent a portion of the year with her, doesn't her rental have an inlaw unit with a kitchenette? I seem to recall that. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

She wasn't featured on the show but I recall Janelle mentioning on SM around the time of the move to Flagstaff that her mom spent a portion of the year with her, doesn't her rental have an inlaw unit with a kitchenette? I seem to recall that. 

Now that you mention it, that rings a bell for me too.  I do remember the kitchenette setup in Janelle's rental. 

I imagine winters on the ranch would be pretty harsh for older ladies, even to get out for groceries or medical attention if required.  Maybe all of the widows spent the winter months with family members.  I don't know anything about Bobbie, but there has been no mention of Kody's mom spending time with Kody and Robyn, so she may have spent the time with Kody's brothers or sisters.

• Useful 3

If polygamy is so wonderful, why do these older women end up living with their children?  Shouldn't they be happy and content with their sister wives, even though the "husband" is gone?  You know, like one big happy family?

In particular, I hope Christine's children are all generous, successful adults because with no pension and little, if any social security, she's a prime candidate to spend her "golden" years relying on the kindness of others.  

• Love 14

I like Maddie but like all the rest of the Brown's she hawks too many overpriced items with her "Swipe Up"

One of the items she's been pushing for a while now is a foundation brush, it just so happens that its the same foundation brush that I've been using for a couple years, it's soft and lovely and works great but it isn't worth $35.00 USD or even $28 USD with Maddies discount.

It's readily available for a few dollars (I've gotten it for less than $4 with free shipping)

It's the exact same brush and I know that because a friend of mine ordered Maddies and I had to show her mine, exact same packaging and exact same brush... which was a shock for her because she paid $28 USD plus shipping by following Maddies "SWIPE UP"

I decided to post just in case anyone else is tempted to buy Maddies brush you can get it for a fraction of the cost on eBay and both are from China.

Here's Maddie's $28 USD plus shipping and mine from Ebay for $3.65 USD with FREE Shipping, same choice of colors.

I've noticed this with most of the SWIPE UP stuff that the Brown's and others post.

maddiebrush1.jpg

maddiebrush2.jpg

maddiebrush3.jpg

Edited by Dustbunny
link
  • Useful 9
  • Love 4

How does this Z-list celeb influencer thing work, anyway?  Does Maddie seek out the company or is it the other way around?  Why would a company want Maddie Brown Brush - not really known for her makeup skills - to endorse their product?  I mean, if you owned a razor company, would you hunt down Mariah to shill your product?  Would you want Kody advertising your hair gel?  Robyn your mascara?  Meri your foundation?

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

How does this Z-list celeb influencer thing work, anyway?  Does Maddie seek out the company or is it the other way around?  Why would a company want Maddie Brown Brush - not really known for her makeup skills - to endorse their product?  I mean, if you owned a razor company, would you hunt down Mariah to shill your product?  Would you want Kody advertising your hair gel?  Robyn your mascara?  Meri your foundation?

From what I've seen and read online it's all about how many followers you have and how big your audience is.

Companies like this probably can't afford an actual celebrity like Jane Fonda or the cost to produce a commercial for TV but they can afford a Maddie, Meri, Christine or Janelle.

Maddie has 337,000 followers on instagram, Meri has 447,000, Christine has 393,000, Janelle has 389,000 so if you get enough of these people to do "Swipe Ups" for you it adds up to the same exposure as 1 celebrity like Jane Fonda who has 1.5 million followers.

That's why reality show people are all pushing the same products, lately it's been this foundation brush, a blow dryer brush, specialty tea packets, electric toothbrush sanitizer, chef type meals with all ingredients etc.

The "Duggars" and "Little People Big World" family and "90 Day Fiance" couples and reality people in general are all pushing the same products and I think that's why these people are so desperate to get on these shows because it will get them enough exposure, fame and followers for these small companies to team up with them as influencers.

A lady I chat with said she worked for a company that makes one of the all in one fresh meal boxes and the influencers get all their products for free so they can demonstrate the product and act like they cook it and love it! 🙄 .....they also receive a commission for each person who "Swipes Up" and enters their code like "Maddie35" to place an order.

I think it all stinks because they all gush and act like it's the best thing they've ever seen, used, eaten etc. and a portion of their followers gobble it up and "Swipe Up" 

• Useful 10
  • Love 2