Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Wow, Caleb has packed it on hasn't he?

I noticed on the last episode as they walked into the birthing center together, Maddie was big as a house (pregnant) going through the doorway but Caleb was even wider and had huge love handles on each side.

In another scene he was standing with some light filtering through his beard so you could really see his profile.... Not good...an extra chin/fat neck situation going on. 

• Love 2
On 4/11/2020 at 8:19 PM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

True.  As far as we know Christine never complained about watching and taking care of the kids.  I think she was truly a mom at heart and that's all she ever wanted to be.  I think her selling Lularoe , is for money that she needs that is obviously not coming from the family pot.  

At times I don't think some mom's realize that being able to stay at home with their children is a blessing.  I always had to work as a single mother without the help of child support or any government assistance, i would have loved to be able to stay at home with my daughter.  Maybe because there is no discipline in the home it is a struggle for her to deal with her children.  I have thought for some time that Axel might be ADD/ADHD.  He acts a lot like my nephew did at that age.    Hopefully he will outgrow his terrible two's and three's.  

I think there are a lot of people that have kids for a variety of reasons (biological imperative, social expectations etc) and while they love and care for their children adequately they NEVER enjoy being a primary caregiver. They enjoy their children much more the more independent they become. For a lot of women though if they chose to have biological children they have to be the primary caregiver (men have more options on this front). 

I think Maddie is a person who doesn’t enjoy caregiving at all, but is getting through it because she wanted to have biological children. I think Janelle also liked having children but had no interest in being a primary caregiver (and due to plural marriage she had Christine). 

I heard that Maddie’s daughter has an illness or medical condition of some kind? Can anyone tell me more on that?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think there are a lot of people that have kids for a variety of reasons (biological imperative, social expectations etc) and while they love and care for their children adequately they NEVER enjoy being a primary caregiver. They enjoy their children much more the more independent they become. For a lot of women though if they chose to have biological children they have to be the primary caregiver (men have more options on this front). 

I think Maddie is a person who doesn’t enjoy caregiving at all, but is getting through it because she wanted to have biological children. I think Janelle also liked having children but had no interest in being a primary caregiver (and due to plural marriage she had Christine). 

I heard that Maddie’s daughter has an illness or medical condition of some kind? Can anyone tell me more on that?

She has FATCO syndrome 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I have to agree with you re: Maddie and Janelle. The way Janelle worries how Maddie will handle two kids on her own? (Gosh, how did my mom handle six on her own while Dad worked out of town?) Oh right, it's called marriage and parenting, lol. Look up Fuhrmann syndrome - I am pretty sure Evie has this degree of FATCO. I think this is going to help a lot of children in the future who may be born with this as the television exposure will assure parents this is a genetic mutation. Given some toes are fused, and she's missing a couple of finger digits, I gathered Evie's missing her fibula from one leg, but from the hips up she has arm bones etc. (Some people were implying the baby was being born without many bones - but it's either tibia or fibula that's affected. Extreme cases of FATCO affect femurs and arms. There is no understanding of what causes it and some theories thrown out have been issues within the uterine lining, radiation, uterine infections, father's a carrier with recessive X, all sorts of guesses, but nothing concrete. Mental health is normal, facial features fine, healthy 8lb 12oz weight. Midwife was not concerned about delivery given the healthy weight - but now I am hearing the Dr. saw missing bones on the sonogram?? I think some ribs were fused, but I would love to know what bone(s_ are missing?

All this new stuff to learn.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 4/11/2020 at 10:09 PM, Joan of Argh said:

I watched that video too and that stuff was everywhere!

I couldn't figure out what she said it was, something juice and I thought she said he added something to it and then threw it all over the kitchen walls, blinds, counters... Blech...what a mess.

AxHELL seems to have a problem playing nicely, she's always posting about messes... Maybe he noticed that the only way he gets attention is by having a meltdown, smashing, hitting, throwing, screaming... 😲

At the risk of being chastised for picking on a poor toddler who didn't ask to be on the reality tv, Axel has always looked...a little different in the photos Maddie posts.. Like he may not be a regular, run-of-the-mill kid.   And I know that shitty parenting can lead to a lot of acting out on a kid's part, I wonder if there's more to it.

I don't want to put labels on anyone, so I won't.  But I wonder if he's been tested for any disorders.

Edited by CouchTater
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2

I thing Maddie said, years ago, she wanted to be a hairdresser.

It's very likely she'd rather be a working woman, as her mother always felt, than a stay at home mom.

She's jumped in the deep end now, a toddler, a baby who will need endless Dr. appointments, physical therapy, possible surgeries, and no relatives nearby.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, CouchTater said:

At the risk of being chastised for picking on a poor toddler who didn't ask to be on the reality tv, Axel has always looked...a little different in the photos Maddie posts.. Like he may not be a regular, run-of-the-mill kid.   And I know that shitty parenting can lead to a lot of acting out on a kid's part, I wonder if there's more to it.

I don't want to put labels on anyone, so I won't.  But I wonder if he's been tested for any disorders.

I know what you mean and I've wondered the same thing...

In some pics and videos Axel looks and sounds a little dopey and other times he's EXTREMELY agitated for no apparent reason. ...I told myself it was just that strange lock jaw way of talking like his parents but who knows maybe the little guy needs help.... Evie has problems that we can see but maybe Axel has problems we can't see so easily...... Or maybe he's just a temperamental 2 yr old and he'll grow out of itl

Axel often slaps, kicks or cries and gets angry when adults try to play with him or cuddle him unless they have candy, then he lights up like a Christmas tree and quickly loses his shit when the candy is gone....... He didn't seem to want Kody picking him up or playing....but in that case I can sympathize with Axel... I wouldn't want Kody in my face either.  😲

• Love 12

He has resting sad face, that's what gets me. I can't help but think that what we see on Maddie's SM is the tip of the iceberg and on some primitive level he knows his mom isn't exactly enchanted with being his mom.

It's like she was an only child and had no idea that littles need and take and are helpless and underfoot for the first few years.

And that those are the best years of your lives together. You get to build a human from scratch! 

"Why is the sky blue?" "Because it's God's favorite color."  And they believe you!

Sad. Way sad.

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, suomi said:

He has resting sad face, that's what gets me. I can't help but think that what we see on Maddie's SM is the tip of the iceberg and on some primitive level he knows his mom isn't exactly enchanted with being his mom.

It's like she was an only child and had no idea that littles need and take and are helpless and underfoot for the first few years.

And that those are the best years of your lives together. You get to build a human from scratch! 

"Why is the sky blue?" "Because it's God's favorite color."  And they believe you!

Sad. Way sad.

This x 1000! You win the internet and for all this month! Maybe forever...

• Love 14

I want to be careful to say that just because other people have it harder than you doesn’t mean you can’t have a hard time, too.

That being said, it always strikes me how Maddie complains about her ONE CHILD. One child and stay at home mom isn’t a bad gig. Like others have said, maybe he is a handful and maybe she is bored, but it always strikes me that she complains over mundane things. “Does any one else have a toddler who makes a mess?” 🙄🙄 She does have my sympathy for having a baby and a toddler, but she complained about him before that, and I find it so odd she complains on social media about her child wanting to snuggle.

Overall it shows to me a lack of self-awareness and self-absorption. I can’t remember how old she is, but some of that could be age-related if she is early to mid 20s. ......Or she is just like her father. Time will tell.

I lived in Greenville, NC until a year ago. I even delivered in the hospital there, can you imagine?! My twins received excellent care in the NICU. Greenville was a great place for young families. The parks are exceptionally nice, as in, have won awards for how nice they are. There are tons of activities for the toddler and preschool crowd. I was not particularly organized SAHM, and it was easy to get out of the house for free activities.

• Useful 3
  • Love 13
44 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I want to be careful to say that just because other people have it harder than you doesn’t mean you can’t have a hard time, too.

That being said, it always strikes me how Maddie complains about her ONE CHILD. One child and stay at home mom isn’t a bad gig. Like others have said, maybe he is a handful and maybe she is bored, but it always strikes me that she complains over mundane things. “Does any one else have a toddler who makes a mess?” 🙄🙄 She does have my sympathy for having a baby and a toddler, but she complained about him before that, and I find it so odd she complains on social media about her child wanting to snuggle.

Overall it shows to me a lack of self-awareness and self-absorption. I can’t remember how old she is, but some of that could be age-related if she is early to mid 20s. ......Or she is just like her father. Time will tell.

I lived in Greenville, NC until a year ago. I even delivered in the hospital there, can you imagine?! My twins received excellent care in the NICU. Greenville was a great place for young families. The parks are exceptionally nice, as in, have won awards for how nice they are. There are tons of activities for the toddler and preschool crowd. I was not particularly organized SAHM, and it was easy to get out of the house for free activities.

I agree with this. 

Despite not being very maternal and once openingly declaring she didn’t like the chaos of a big family, she’s gone and had herself a particularly rambunctious toddler and a baby with special needs and she’s in SAHM position, (which can be monotonous and emotionally challenging) - All this, at time when many of her peers and even her siblings, are still in their college partying and carefree years. 

I feel like she must feel some resentment by the majority of her posts, there’s that undercurrent of annoyance and dissatisfaction in her situation, but it also strikes me as though motherhood has consumed her life and she’s now wallowing with her ‘motherhood is a tough gig’ narrative - because she’s experiencing this life stage before all her peers are, she gets to feel she’s above them in a sense and feels compelled to portray how hard her ‘mature’ life is compared to theirs, for their admiration and ‘wow I could never do what you do’, or ‘you’re such an inspiration’ Pat-on-the-back type comments. 

I currently have young kids at home, but it’s very easy for me to find other things to do (and then post about on social media), other then mundane complaints or everyday things my children do that annoy me. I put one in the pram and we go on walks, bike rides and I take photos of the world around us, I catch up with friends, I take my kids to playgrounds, aquariums, zoos, I enroll them (and myself) in activities and sports ( all pre Covid-19 obviously ☹️), but if you have no hobbies, friends or ambition to do anything except SAHM in a complete sloth-like bubble, just taking photos of your child throwing his toys everywhere, it’s not healthy for your mental state or your family’s growth in general, (plus it’s a complete borefest for your followers on social media 😉). 

• Useful 1
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, Sofa Sloth said:

I feel like she must feel some resentment by the majority of her posts, there’s that undercurrent of annoyance and dissatisfaction in her situation, but it also strikes me as though motherhood has consumed her life and she’s now wallowing with her ‘motherhood is a tough gig’ narrative - because she’s experiencing this life stage before all her peers are, she gets to feel she’s above them in a sense and feels compelled to portray how hard her ‘mature’ life is compared to theirs, for their admiration and ‘wow I could never do what you do’, or ‘you’re such an inspiration’ Pat-on-the-back type comments. 

Lots of "nail on the head" thoughts here.

Unfortunately I think she bought the whole "women are only good for bearing children" crap that was the foundation of her early life and now she's dug herself a hole she cannot get out of.  Even if she was to want to go back to school, with Evie's problems that will probably never happen so she's stuck and she knows it.  The only way to make herself feel better is to go fishing for the rah-rah comments from her sycophants.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, suomi said:

Sad. Way sad.

I love this post.  Especially the 'build a human from scratch.'  

• Love 6

So does this mean that her idiot followers watched her give birth and think that just happened?  Even though she's been posting pictures since last August?  They really are morons.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
On 4/2/2020 at 12:00 AM, riverblue22 said:

Maybe someone has already suggested this, but I'm wondering if the birthing center was picked just because it allowed filming and the hospital wouldn't.

I know people think it’s dumb that she chose a place 2 hours away but I think she was told that she could use a birthing center but it was best to go to one close to a hospital just in case and that’s why she chose it.  I honestly don’t think most birthing centers would pass up free advertising. 

16 minutes ago, orangesmartie said:

She posts very differently about Axel and Evie. Evie is all bright sunshine, laughing and love and Axel seems to be energy and tiring and tantrums.

Yup I noticed too lately (although Evie’s not immune to getting a serve of her mom’s impatience too, if she touches her mums face too much while nursing Or has a fussy day) but there’s definitely a distinction of glorifying Evie more than Axel. Toddlers are tough, I get it, but her language, tone and content is all about subtly demonising him, which I find sad. He’s going to grow up feeling that distinction, especially since Evie’s got special needs that will gain her more positive attention too. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

41189DD2-C3C5-4B7A-A0E7-5529463C9BBD.jpeg

Yeah Maddie, such a nuisance when your baby is trying to communicate with you.  Maybe she wants to see a smile on your face and some lovelight shining in your eyes.  

Count your blessings!

• Love 20

A lot of moms do this on social media. They think complaining about toddlers and babies will bond them perhaps. To be honest,  I used to talk in this manner when my kids were young. For some reason I thought it was the right way to communicate. At some point, I realized that my pessimistic attitude was off putting. I didn't understand that at the time but looking back, there were knowing glances or extra long pauses when I may have said a bit too many negative things. Now I know why. It's certainly ok to commiserate but if you don't work to find the beauty in your children, they will grow anxious and defeated before their lives even really begin. I wish someone would have told me this when I was younger. I wish someone would tell Maddie. It's quite obvious that Axel in particular is loved, but not celebrated and enjoyed.

• Useful 2
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

A lot of moms do this on social media. They think complaining about toddlers and babies will bond them perhaps. To be honest,  I used to talk in this manner when my kids were young. For some reason I thought it was the right way to communicate. At some point, I realized that my pessimistic attitude was off putting. I didn't understand that at the time but looking back, there were knowing glances or extra long pauses when I may have said a bit too many negative things. Now I know why. It's certainly ok to commiserate but if you don't work to find the beauty in your children, they will grow anxious and defeated before their lives even really begin. I wish someone would have told me this when I was younger. I wish someone would tell Maddie. It's quite obvious that Axel in particular is loved, but not celebrated and enjoyed.

Thank you for this! it is so nice to hear perspective from those who have gone through child rearing and come out the other-side and learn from them. 

As a mom with young kids, it is hard and I do actually empathise with how Maddie feels sometimes, I tend to swallow that and instead look at it from the perspective of ‘they aren’t doing this to annoying me, they just need me to give them something and they can’t express it yet - attention, cuddles, time - or whatever it is’. Personally I don’t like whinging on social media about my kids either. I’m an older mom in my thirties and I truly think that helps, as in my twenties, I wouldn’t have been emotionally equipped to just enjoy my kids as I was still too selfish, you have to appreciate them and replace those feelings of frustration when they do something, with understanding and patience. They grow up quickly! It’s important to have gratitude and just embrace and enjoy it all, or you’ll look back with regret I think. 

• Love 13

I was almost 29 when I had my one child.  Mr. X and I got married young (18 and 23) but we waited over 10 years to procreate.  In our pre-child years, we went to college, got degrees, both got job experience, bought a house, and were ready for a baby.  

Logan was the brother-dad to five younger kids, and Maddie apparently had no real clue as to what parenting would be like.  I don't know whether Maddie & Caleb decided when to get pregnant, or if one or both were unplanned, but she seems ill-prepared to be a full-time mommy.  It is sad she doesn't seem to appreciate the time she's investing in those kids.

• Love 13

I came from an amazingly dysfunctional family. Father alcoholic, mother emotionally abusive. I married at 18 into a good, loving family and left my past behind. His parents never could understand where I came from.  My one goal in life was to never do to my kids what was done to me, that they should  achieve their highest potential. I would never in a million years put anything on SM if it even existed then to put them down or be annoyed about them. 

I always told both of them they could be whatever they wanted. Son now a first responder Fire Battalion Chief, daughter now a Police Captain also a first responder.

Parents need to encourage and support their children, not demean them on SM or show disdain at their attempts to reach out for love or whatever...it really irks me that she dislikes Evie reaching for her face

• Love 23

So Maddie lets Axelbrush eat his snacks on the floor and get the fake cheesy grease all over his fingers, face, toys, rug etc.?  Not cute.  Neither was the photo with multiple candy wrappers and chocolate smeared everywhere.  He is certainly old enough to eat meals and snacks at a table and made to wash his hands before contaminating the house.

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, deirdra said:

He is certainly old enough to eat meals and snacks at a table and made to wash his hands before contaminating the house.

But that would require parenting and discipline.  Simply not done.

• Love 6

It's nice to see Evie standing - I wasn't sure if she'd be able to do that with her shortened leg.  Looks like she's nice and strong.  So Maddie, instead of whining about your dirty screens, maybe you should celebrate your daughter's milestones.

• Love 16

Maddie:  byproduct is one word, not two.

Yes, she rilly needs to be happy her darling little girl is standing up.  Who rilly cares if kids leave fingerprints on everything?  On a screen?  Looks like a window, anyway.  You sound like your not-such-a-bonus mom, Neat Freak Meri.

• Love 6

My Nana, who kept an immaculate house, left my daughter's teeny fingerprints on her mirrors because they were sweet reminders of our visits. 

Maddie is a tool.

• Love 17
On 4/29/2020 at 9:37 AM, laurakaye said:

So Maddie, instead of whining about your dirty screens, maybe you should celebrate your daughter's milestones.

Or take the screens in the yard and hose them down.  They won't clean themselves.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

...masks?...

I live in a residential neighborhood and no one wears a mask outdoors;  they wear them inside the grocery store and Walgreens.  Now it looks as though they are at a farm to pick strawberries, but it looks like no one else is there.  I wouldn't wear one there, either;  I suspect it is only permitting  a few customers at a time.

• Love 13

I carry my mask with me on a walk and put it on if I even suspect another person is going to appear.  It is hard to breathe through on a fitness walk. I wonder if they have masks with them at all. I'm guessing not.

• Love 10
11 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I carry my mask with me on a walk and put it on if I even suspect another person is going to appear.  It is hard to breathe through on a fitness walk. I wonder if they have masks with them at all. I'm guessing not.

I use a gaiter that's made of a light scarf material. It looks stylish wearing around your neck and it's easy to pull up to cover nose and mouth when I'm going to be around people.  Also hand washes beautifully and quickly. I also have a plethora of masks but I use the gaiter most often. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4