Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

From what I've seen and read online it's all about how many followers you have and how big your audience is.

Companies like this probably can't afford an actual celebrity like Jane Fonda or the cost to produce a commercial for TV but they can afford a Maddie, Meri, Christine or Janelle.

Maddie has 337,000 followers on instagram, Meri has 447,000, Christine has 393,000, Janelle has 389,000 so if you get enough of these people to do "Swipe Ups" for you it adds up to the same exposure as 1 celebrity like Jane Fonda who has 1.5 million followers.

That's why reality show people are all pushing the same products, lately it's been this foundation brush, a blow dryer brush, specialty tea packets, electric toothbrush sanitizer, chef type meals with all ingredients etc.

The "Duggars" and "Little People Big World" family and "90 Day Fiance" couples and reality people in general are all pushing the same products and I think that's why these people are so desperate to get on these shows because it will get them enough exposure, fame and followers for these small companies to team up with them as influencers.

A lady I chat with said she worked for a company that makes one of the all in one fresh meal boxes and the influencers get all their products for free so they can demonstrate the product and act like they cook it and love it! 🙄 .....they also receive a commission for each person who "Swipes Up" and enters their code like "Maddie35" to place an order.

I think it all stinks because they all gush and act like it's the best thing they've ever seen, used, eaten etc. and a portion of their followers gobble it up and "Swipe Up" 

So for that whole fabfitfun box (which seems to have died down - they seem to have vanished off my insta feed) thing Janelle got a free box plus a little kickback for every sell using her code? So that's how it works.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, deirdra said:

Do none of their followers know how to search the internet to find the same products for 1/8 -1/2 the price elsewhere?

If this last year has taught me anything, it’s that a depressingly high number of people aren’t very bright 🙁

Edited by Kbo
  • LOL 1
  • Love 23

Having a lot of followers probably gets you a position as one of a company's "influencers", but I suspect companies drop you if your followers aren't buying a certain amount per month.  That is probably why Mariah, Christine, Maddie and others are no longer pushing the things they were a year or two ago.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Having a lot of followers probably gets you a position as one of a company's "influencers", but I suspect companies drop you if your followers aren't buying a certain amount per month.  That is probably why Mariah, Christine, Maddie and others are no longer pushing the things they were a year or two ago.

I have not seen Mykelti pushing the contact paper nails either.  If they dropped her, it's no wonder, they always looked raggedy to me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

So for that whole fabfitfun box (which seems to have died down - they seem to have vanished off my insta feed) thing Janelle got a free box plus a little kickback for every sell using her code? So that's how it works.

Yes according to the lady I chat with that's how it works and she said the influencer only had to sell one product with their "Swipe Up" for the company to recoup the cost of free product plus commission for the influencer and still make money on that very first sale because that's how large their profit margin is.

Using the makeup brush as an example if someone on eBay can sell them for $3.65 and make money they obviously cost very little to produce so if Maddie sells one brush for $28 it easily pays for her free product plus commision and still makes a huge profit for the company.... The brushes are from China and probably cost cents to produce so they're making out like a bandit.

I bet a fabfitfun box doesn't cost more than a few dollars to put together.

The thing that makes me angry is the influencers are ripping off their own followers and their followers are so wound up about the "celebrity" they follow that they're blind to it all and get angry if someone tries to point out what a scam it is and how they're being taken advantage of. 🙄

• Love 13

The thing that makes me angry is the influencers are ripping off their own followers and their followers are so wound up about the "celebrity" they follow that they're blind to it all and get angry if someone tries to point out what a scam it is and how they're being taken advantage of.

If people are that stupid, "star" struck, and easily influenced, then there's nothing that can be done.  Our culture has morphed so that people worship everything from angels to satan as long as there is fame involved. They believe the drivel spouted by TV evangelists and football players with equal devotion.  How we became such a sad society is a mystery to me. 

I'd like to say the Kartrashians were first but, let's face it, if the Beatles were selling 5 cent items for 50 bucks, legions of their fans would have snapped them up.  There just wasn't social media back then. 

• Love 7

I think subscription boxes have definitely lost their luster. FFF reminds me of the "spend $50 and get a free gift bag" that you'd get at the Clinique counter at Macy's. It was usually colors that didn't work for me. 

Just checked the FFF Instagram and the complaints seem to be rampant in the comments. 

Edited by DakotaJustice
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I have not seen Mykelti pushing the contact paper nails either.  If they dropped her, it's no wonder, they always looked raggedy to me.

There are so many people doing those MLM and selling for other companies online.  It's hard to make a living doing it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
On 12/23/2020 at 5:36 AM, Pickleinthemiddle said:

There are so many people doing those MLM and selling for other companies online.  It's hard to make a living doing it.

I teach in high school and it is scary how many teens seriously consider becoming an influencer or selling stuff online as a future career! They honestly believe it is easy (lazy) work that will earn them a fortune.
Bursting that bubble in trying to explain that only a very select few make a decent living out of it is pointless. Not in the least because most (wannabe) influencers do everything they can with photoshop and clever backgrounds to keep up that image of a jetset life.

guess it’s one of those curses on social media: not knowing what is real or normal and what not...

• Useful 5
  • Love 5

It's nice to see so many pictures of a smiling Axel, he's a cute little freckle faced boy... 

I wonder if he's on medication for his medical condition because it's been quite a change, he used to look so angry or sad in almost every picture and now he's always smiling. ☺ 

• Love 11

Girl needs some bangs to camouflage the fivehead. At least ditch the headband.

My bitch SIL and her two daughters go around like they're all that with their sixheads. I earned 3 gold medals over the years for never mentioning it but if I could do it over when they were snotty and judgemental about me...

I comfort myself with the fact that my brother never joined the church so they never got sealed. Heh. Who's laughing now? 

Raising my hand.

Edited by suomi
typo
  • LOL 7
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, suomi said:

Girl needs some bangs to camouflage the fivehead. At least ditch the headband.

My bitch SIL and her two daughters go around like they're all that with their sixheads. I earned 3 gold medals over the years for never mentioning it but if I could do it over when they were snotty and judgemental about me...

I comfort myself with the fact that my brother never joined the church so they never got sealed. Heh. Who's laughing now? 

Raising my hand.

Well, Suomi, I wish I could do both a laughy and a surprised emoticon!!!  Go get'em, girl!  🤣

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

She’s deciding if she wants to grow her hair out.

03DEF3F2-C555-442E-8CAB-0E4A588F7AAE.jpeg

There she is again, with her fixated, approval-seeking gaze.  She seems so anxious for endorsement as a person, I can't help but wonder if this is the result of a mother that wasn't capable of showing much physical affection and a father she had to share with multiple other siblings.  Her formative years were spent in Lehi, where even though they were living under one roof, Kody's time was divided between 3 separate families.

I would have expected that with a husband that appears devoted to her and 2 kids that require a lot of attention, she would have been content with cultivating a family of her own and fulfilling their needs instead of seeking attention from the public on every little aspect of her life.  If she finds herself with spare time on her hands, she would be better off working on online classes to complete her formal education rather than on social media.

• Love 12

The wide ugly headbands remind me of the 1960's when they were worn to hold on "falls", a predecessor to extensions & much easier to take on and off.  She should try one in her natural hair colour.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
11 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

ANOTHER MLM?!? 

Yup, another MLM.  The reviews are bad. They have over 350,000 "Ambassadors", start up costs are much lower than most schemes, $35. month, plus $100 - $200 initial package.

I'll never know the benefits of this product as it is banned in Canada as well as Australia and New Zealand.

• Useful 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

Hmm... The bug that wrecked Axel's digestion... Could that be the canned cabbage Grandma Janelle fed him? Anyway, this Plexus sounds like a miracle cure to me. I hope Maddie made sure to tell Janelle about this Game Changer 😂  PS.. Just wanted to say Hi to all of you. I'm a long time lurker from Germany and I really love this forum. Hope you all stay safe

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, DakotaJustice said:

ANOTHER MLM?!? 

Which the manipulative scammer gussied up with a concerned-young-mom-in-a-quandry facade. 

With rare exceptions, these devious apples don't fall far from the false prophet tree.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Elodia said:

Hmm... The bug that wrecked Axel's digestion... Could that be the canned cabbage Grandma Janelle fed him? Anyway, this Plexus sounds like a miracle cure to me. I hope Maddie made sure to tell Janelle about this Game Changer 😂  PS.. Just wanted to say Hi to all of you. I'm a long time lurker from Germany and I really love this forum. Hope you all stay safe

He probably had a common bug that went wild eating all the sugar he consumed.  I recall one of her "cute" photos of him eating 5 candy bars for dinner and rubbing chocolate into the carpet.

• Love 1

From the Sweet Fellowship thread under Counting On, Jill R (otherwise known as Jilldo) shills that Plexus crap.  I wouldn't take it if it was free.  Especially knowing it's banned in the countries @Sandy W mentioned!  And I wouldn't knowingly support any MLM, either.

Maddie has learned well from the Brown MLM Grifters.  

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Elodia said:

Welcome, Elodia! Glad you joined the conversation andI look forward to reading your future posts!

• Love 13
1 minute ago, suomi said:

LOL, wait until Miss Evie gets into the markers.

image.png.a8b936b274322ea91bc5ce9128b35ba4.png

Oh my, never had mine do anything like that. Though when I was sick with the chicken pox that they brought me home from pre school, DS cut DD's bangs right to the head...le sigh, at least hair grows, can't imagine trying to get those colors off their bodies!

• LOL 10

Both my grandkids have colored themselves.  You just let it soak and wear off.  My daughter's theory was pre-school let them do it, they could live with some color on the child for a day or two.  Most of it comes off with a longish bath.  Maddie is laid back as a parent.  A little marker on the body won't make her fret.

• Love 6

I think Hunter is going to be a great dad someday.  He seems to have a way with the little ones - first Truley, now Evie.  No wonder Robyn was so crabby and whiny that Hunter, of all the kids, didn't show any interest in King Sol or Princesss Ariablobla.  She was probably hoping for some quality free baby-sitting from him.

• Love 15
22 hours ago, ginger90 said:

D55DDA34-0290-4CF0-8227-2C4881F571E3.jpeg

This is a screen shot from a short video...

I watched the video.... Miss Evie K was LITERALLY eating her chocolate off of the floor, scratching it up with her fingernails and then LICKING THE FLOOR with her tongue to get anything left behind.

I know people say "the floor was so clean you could eat off it" but most people DON'T ACTUALLY EAT OFF THE FLOOR!

I've followed Maddie for a long time and she is a "casual housekeeper" and certainly not Mrs. Clean...Maybe the *bug* that Axel had came from this type of activity.

Big surprise that Maddie who is  "always influencing" has a new MLM to push on her followers.... As Sandy mentioned Plexus is banned in several countries but that won't stop Maddie from claiming it's a miracle cure and telling everyone to SWIPE UP and use her code Maddie20 for your discount. 🙄

I'm really starting to hate this influencing BS that all the little reality stars are pushing to make money 24/7/365 👎

Edited by Joan of Argh
  • Love 18

This is a screen shot from a short video...

I watched the video.... Miss Evie K was LITERALLY eating her chocolate off of the floor, scratching it up with her fingernails and then LICKING THE FLOOR with her tongue to get anything left behind.

I know people say "the floor was so clean you could eat off it" but most people DON'T ACTUALLY EAT OFF THE FLOOR!

I've followed Maddie for a long time and she is a "casual housekeeper" and certainly not Mrs. Clean...Maybe the *bug* that Axel had came from this type of activity.

Big surprise that Maddie who is  "always influencing" has a new MLM to push on her followers.... As Sandy mentioned Plexus is banned in several countries but that won't stop Maddie from claiming it's a miracle cure and telling everyone to SWIPE UP and use her code Maddie20 for your discount. 🙄

I'm really starting to hate this influencing BS that all the little reality stars are pushing to make money 24/7/365 👎

I am skeptical enough to think that in some instances, these little scenarios are staged for likes and commiseration from other young moms.  My first thought was, if she's careless enough to leave chocolate sauce within easy reach of a child, how careful is she with cleaning products?

It's been a long time since I was the mom of toddlers but my first instinct would be to grab the child out of the mess, not grab a camera to record my child licking the floor.

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I am skeptical enough to think that in some instances, these little scenarios are staged for likes and commiseration from other young moms.  My first thought was, if she's careless enough to leave chocolate sauce within easy reach of a child, how careful is she with cleaning products?

It's been a long time since I was the mom of toddlers but my first instinct would be to grab the child out of the mess, not grab a camera to record my child licking the floor.

That is a worrisome thought, cleaning products would be very scary.

Yes, this too! I don't care how clean you think your floor is, toddlers should not be licking food off it. Not cute, not funny.

Edited by Gramto6
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Gramto6 said:

I don't care how clean you think your floor is, toddlers should not be licking food off it

And if really clean, the child could be ingesting chemicals from the cleaning products. Omg

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

58EB14CC-8D3D-44AF-86DC-27D18FCF6857.jpeg

Get crackin' on them school books of larning Maddie and maybe look up the meaning of "devolution" before trying to use it in an accolade to your amazing husband.

• LOL 11
3 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Get crackin' on them school books of larning Maddie and maybe look up the meaning of "devolution" before trying to use it in an accolade to your amazing husband.

LOL, I think she meant devotion. Maybe spell check helped with whatever she typed, but she should have proofread it before posting. Sheesh, these people!

• Love 9
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I'm an admitted OCD germaphobe, but I can guarantee my daughter never ate off of, nor licked any floors, FFS!

Joan, I'm with you.  Influencing as a way to make money is more often than not, pissing me off personally.  

If it would make you feel better, in the Instagram birthday wish to Caleb, it looks like they use napkins when they eat off the carpet.  Devolution, indeed.

• LOL 7