Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

You've taught me a new word, Dakota.  Gaiter!

Off to Google it and see what comes up.

Try Etsy - I bought mine from a local mask-maker who was a finalist on Project Runway years ago. She runs a sewing camp but since March she's been in the mask and gaiter biz.

• Love 2
(edited)

Robyn could use a gaiter to hide her goiter.  I have several (but no goiter), from lightweight (to keep sun off my neck when hiking & can be pulled up to act as a headband to keep hair off face) to three different thicknesses of fleece for cool or freezing temperatures.  I call them neck-gaiters, not to be confused with gaiters worn on the lower legs when hiking on scree or through tall wet grass, which I also have.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

I use a gaiter that's made of a light scarf material. It looks stylish wearing around your neck and it's easy to pull up to cover nose and mouth when I'm going to be around people.  Also hand washes beautifully and quickly. I also have a plethora of masks but I use the gaiter most often. 

I have considered one, but, from what I've read, it seems like two layers of "quilting cotton" (I am a quilter so have plenty) protects the best if it is a home made mask.  Is the gaiter two layers?  Or one thick enough one?  I guess good enough for distant passing on a trail though.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I have considered one, but, from what I've read, it seems like two layers of "quilting cotton" (I am a quilter so have plenty) protects the best if it is a home made mask.

Plus a layer of non-woven interfacing. I outfitted an entire unit of Army Medevac pilots with those - they had to be the three layers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
Just now, Kohola3 said:

Plus a layer of non-woven interfacing. I outfitted an entire unit of Army Medevac pilots with those - they had to be the three layers.

The interfacing has become a thing to discuss on the local metro mask making organization website.  Most facilities are happy with the two layers of quilting cotton and some request a space for them to insert a filter.  Some places wear the masks over the hospital ones to protect them.  I can barely breathe through the two layers.  I'd probably pass out from three!!

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, lookeyloo said:

I can barely breathe through the two layers.  I'd probably pass out from three!!

Yeah, it's not comfortable, that's for sure.  But I had to follow the rules - the mandate was for them to wear masks but the government wouldn't provide them so they turned to my Angel group.  

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I have considered one, but, from what I've read, it seems like two layers of "quilting cotton" (I am a quilter so have plenty) protects the best if it is a home made mask.  Is the gaiter two layers?  Or one thick enough one?  I guess good enough for distant passing on a trail though.

That's what I use it for - I break out the real mask when I'm going shopping. I have some cute ones! Might as well be fashionable I say! 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Cute picture but his "smile" looks more like he's gritting his teeth. That one isn't a natural when it comes to grinning.

It's not surprising that he doesn't seem natural when grinning.  Maddie is so INTENSE about every aspect of mothering, the kid is required to display a reaction for all actions.  She sets him up on the floor with paints and plastic toys for a photo op of just how haaaard it is to be a mom.  She defiantly posts pictures of him with a soother and diapers long past the time many feel is appropriate. She posts about temper tantrums when he doesn't get his way. 

Maddie does have the right to make these decisions as a mother but her rights end where Axel's right to privacy begins.  She has made a spectacle out of him all for the sake of attracting followers to her bloody blogs.

• Love 8

At least Axelbrush is fully clothed in this photo. Maddie & Caleb are expert teeth gritters, so he probably picked it up from them and thinks it is a natural expression.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, deirdra said:

At least Axelbrush is fully clothed in this photo. Maddie & Caleb are expert teeth gritters, so he probably picked it up from them and thinks it is a natural expression.

And of course, with this family, I totally read that as teeth "grifters" because why not? 😂

• LOL 13
On 5/18/2020 at 8:44 AM, Kohola3 said:

Cute picture but his "smile" looks more like he's gritting his teeth. That one isn't a natural when it comes to grinning.

My nephew had that forced smile, not natural.  He was ADD/ADHD.  He is better as an adult but still has issues.  But he acted just like Axel, destroying everything and throwing massive fits if he didn't get his way.  It was a battle with him every day to take his medication, which would calm him down, but at the same time he said he didn't like the way it made him feel.  Sometimes children can be helped with behavioral therapy and a diet free of processed food that is full of things none of us need.  But that would take enormous effort on the part of the parents to follow through with doing what is required at home.

• Useful 6
  • Love 8

Now that's a real smile. I know of organizations that use horses for therapy for ADHD kids.  I volunteered with a group that helped PTSD vets learn to ride.  Looks like Axelbrush might be a candidate, he looks truly happy there.

I know, I know.......assumptions.  Just happy he found something that pleases him.

• Love 20
32 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Now that's a real smile. I know of organizations that use horses for therapy for ADHD kids.  I volunteered with a group that helped PTSD vets learn to ride.  Looks like Axelbrush might be a candidate, he looks truly happy there.

I know, I know.......assumptions.  Just happy he found something that pleases him.

Yes Hippotherapy!  It is wonderful!  My son who has an intellectual disability as well as physical differences benefited from hippotherapy sessions.  It stood in for physical therapy, occupational therapy, cognitive therapy, as well as mental and emotional stimulation.  Fantastic!

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Horses are so good for the soul.  Mine kept me out of trouble in high school....3 hours a day at the barn takes up troublemaking time. 
I will say, however, if it was more of a ride for him and not just a photo op, I hope they found him a riding helmet. 

• Love 11
55 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

Horses are so good for the soul.  Mine kept me out of trouble in high school....3 hours a day at the barn takes up troublemaking time. 
I will say, however, if it was more of a ride for him and not just a photo op, I hope they found him a riding helmet. 

I'm guessing photo op since the stirrups are quite a distance from his feet.

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

I'm guessing photo op since the stirrups are quite a distance from his feet.

There isn't a single horse facility I can recall that will allow even just a sit on the horsie photo op without a helmet. Liability issues.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
(edited)

Winston Churchill said (with an update/edit by me):

"There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man human."

Edited by suomi
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
On 5/2/2020 at 10:08 AM, ginger90 said:

3 pictures:

It’s not really social distancing if your kid is out there touching all the berries with dirty hands. 

12 hours ago, deirdra said:

Maybe it is a stuffed horse at a buggy museum and/or they plopped Axelbrush up there without asking the proprietor. 

Lol.  Nah it’s a real horse, with dirt, bite marks, and rubbed tail.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

The spool being used as a table in the background of the horse pic takes me back to my first crappy studio apartment. 

The memories this evokes!  Concrete block and board bookshelves, floor cushions and burlap covered walls.  Frank Sinatra on the turntable, wine and cheese, patchouli scented candles, good friends, good company and the possibility of the faint aroma of wacky tabaccy drifting through the air.

• Love 13
43 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

The spool being used as a table in the background of the horse pic takes me back to my first crappy studio apartment. 

We had one too!  Mr. Xword and our friend made two of them, and we each had a huge round table.  Ah, the 70's!

33 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

The memories this evokes!  Concrete block and board bookshelves, floor cushions and burlap covered walls.  Frank Sinatra on the turntable, wine and cheese, patchouli scented candles, good friends, good company and the possibility of the faint aroma of wacky tabaccy drifting through the air.

We also had the block and board bookshelves, and a beanbag chair.  The chair had too much bean and not enough bag, as I recall.  Fondue pots were big then.  We listened to James Taylor, the Eagles, and the Doobie Bros a lot.  Good times.

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

We also had a passengers seat from a 1965 Ford Mustang on the floor next to the 2' high bong, which had a name - Bong Crosby. This was back in 1982-83. 

It was a mellow, relaxed way to entertain and decorate.  My era was the late 1950's.  Xword's was the 70's and it extended into your time frame of the 80's.  We must have been doing something right for it to last that long.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

It was a mellow, relaxed way to entertain and decorate.  My era was the late 1950's.  Xword's was the 70's and it extended into your time frame of the 80's.  We must have been doing something right for it to last that long.

Mine was the 70's and we made do with what he had or could borrow or scrounge for free to live within our means.  My bookshelves and furniture consisted of milk crates (borrowed) and old trunks for the first 10 yrs. It kills me to see people the age I was then on HGTV shopping for their first home and expecting it to be their dream home with stainless steel appliances and granite countertops.  It took me until age 26 to afford a car, 33 to afford a house, and 65 to afford brand new appliances and quartz countertops (all paid for with cash, except the house w/30% down). 

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

Mine was the 70's and we made do with what he had or could borrow or scrounge for free to live within our means.  My bookshelves and furniture consisted of milk crates (borrowed) and old trunks for the first 10 yrs. It kills me to see people the age I was then on HGTV shopping for their first home and expecting it to be their dream home with stainless steel appliances and granite countertops.  It took me until age 26 to afford a car, 33 to afford a house, and 65 to afford brand new appliances and quartz countertops (all paid for with cash, except the house w/30% down). 

Amen Sister!!

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Who is Caleb hugging?  From that angle, and with the long black hair, it looks nothing like Maddie.

I thought the same thing!  Obviously it must be her but there is something wonky about her mouth.  Is she filtering as well?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Kohola3 said:

I thought the same thing!  Obviously it must be her but there is something wonky about her mouth.  Is she filtering as well?

Look at his hand on her hip.  Looks like she trimmed off part of her hip/butt area, and stopped filtering right at the end of his fingers.

And I know NOTHING about how to do that stuff.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Look at his hand on her hip.  Looks like she trimmed off part of her hip/butt area, and stopped filtering right at the end of his fingers.

And I know NOTHING about how to do that stuff.  

Heck, Caleb himself looks to have dropped about 25 pounds based on this photo.

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Heck, Caleb himself looks to have dropped about 25 pounds based on this photo.

Especially in his hands since his fingers seem to be about 1 inch long.

Do they seriously think we don't notice this stuff?  Her mouth seems to stretch from ear to ear.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
(edited)

I didn't think that there was such a height difference between them.  But, the pose is so odd.  He's smiling straight into the camera, looking away from her.  And, to show that he is the love of her life, she is turning her body away and looking down toward the ground (or making sure that she's not stepping on his feet), which must require her to hold onto her hat.  Her face is contorted, and she's partially smirking.  He's holding her almost trying to turn her toward him.

I'm no photographer (or philosopher) like Sludge & Pudge, but this picture is really dumb.  The theme must be blue, because they coordinated their sloppy clothing and hat.  And nothing provides context like a textured wall.  Their bad acting extends to this candid photo.

Footnote: I think that Mary was shilling that hat a few years ago for LulaNo.  Maddie has hit rockbottom of fashion trends. 

Edited by Grifter Lives
"Sloppy," not "slopping," although they may do that.
  • Love 9

Maddie must have been taking filtering photo tips from Meri.  Check the disproportionate size of her hand to her facial features.  Her hand appears meaty and larger than Caleb's.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
On 6/5/2020 at 9:30 AM, Sandy W said:

Maddie must have been taking filtering photo tips from Meri.  Check the disproportionate size of her hand to her facial features.  Her hand appears meaty and larger than Caleb's.

And they try to pass these off as casual photos, not intentional poses - Maddie looking at her feet with an aw-shucks/Joker smile as she adjusts her floppy hat with her man hand, or Meri in full (off)Broadway stage makeup, encased in polyester on a 3-mile run without sweating, or Mariah in any and every photo (not filtered, but not caught off guard either).  Nope, we don't believe any of it.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

That may be Meri’s photoshop skills she’s borrowed, but it’s definitely Mariah’s ‘oops have I just stepped in dogs**t?’ signature pose. I’m sure they think it makes them appear woke and aloof, although to anyone who isn’t a pretentious try-hard, it just appears they have now got canine poop stuck on their clodhoppers. 

67AF71F2-C199-4B20-9606-72A5456905CF.thumb.jpeg.e4712e28c748727c69b5f16d65d22bd3.jpeg

• LOL 13
  • Love 3

Not sure where they all get the idea that this is attractive.  First of all, none of them are photogenic.  Second, those poses aren't seen in fashion magazines, are they?  This COL hasn't picked one up in years so maybe they are.  Third, stop with the filtering, the shapes you are creating are not known in nature.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I'm really fond of the middle one on the bottom.  That's a great what did I just step in pose.

Top left one as well - you can almost hear her saying, "what the ---- is on my shoe?!"

• LOL 9