Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

43 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

I think she needs to lay off the cheap hair dye from the drugstore....

Her hair is all frizzy near her scalp and she looks like she's going bald.

It looks terrible.  She'd look so much prettier with her natural color.  Her hair goes from blondish roots, to reddish? and then to that awful dark brown that looks like crap.  Even her roots look damaged, and she has a five-head.  Is she going for the Art Garfunkel look?  😝

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

I have noticed Maddie talking through clenched teeth from the earliest seasons. One guess I have about that is its because she was angry a long time before TLC got there. Maybe angry at the way her bio mom was treated by #1 and neglected by her dad. Maybe from watching Logan be the parent. Maybe at having to chant the family mantra. Maybe at her Dad's hypocrisy? And maybe now it's just a habit. 

Jmo.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I have noticed Maddie talking through clenched teeth from the earliest seasons. One guess I have about that is its because she was angry a long time before TLC got there. Maybe angry at the way her bio mom was treated by #1 and neglected by her dad. Maybe from watching Logan be the parent. Maybe at having to chant the family mantra. Maybe at her Dad's hypocrisy? And maybe now it's just a habit. 

Jmo.

It seems to me that Maddie is very intense about everything she attempts.  It's as if she needs to prove that she is the brightest star in the galaxy of Brown chilluns.  She throws out lofty goals as if they are already accomplishments, such as her intention to become a Supreme Court judge before even studying law.  For a time she wanted to become a doula, and during both of her labors she is pretentiously tossing out obstetrical terminology, then pausing to interpret to us, the uneducated masses.  

Her need for admiration may explain her fits and starts with so many projects that are left by the wayside.  If she's not immediately recognized as the "best" in whatever she is doing, the endeavor is quietly put to rest.  Her recent inventory of current activities bears this out...wife, mother, student, part-time worker, influencer...blah, blah, blah...

Edited by Sandy W
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Art Of Noiz said:

I have noticed Maddie talking through clenched teeth from the earliest seasons.

I've noticed it too.  In addition to being angry, I've thought she may just do it to be different. Like dying her hair black or maroon, constantly changing the colour from one bad choice to another since she was 15.  In one episode before they left LV, both Caleb & Maddie were talking with their teeth clenched.  As if they had both cut themselves on a rusty lid from a can of cabbage and had lock jaw.

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11

She posted this 3 days ago and has received 17K likes.  The full text is immediately below, followed by the image:

Yesterday I posted about Axel and the normalcies of motherhood I have faced with him. The post quickly became what I didn't want and that was how I should be doing things, so let me rewind a little.

Over a year ago we started seeking help with Axel’s speech. He had evaluations and all the craziness and everything checked the boxes except his speech. We found a phenomenal speech therapist and since then, we found Axel had Apraxia of the speech. We have, since then been in regular speech therapy and Axel has come LIGHT YEARS!

Yesterday was a harder day though. His ability to communicate is good, but still behind what other kids his age are at. That mixed with normal boyhood emotions caused for a DAY! Boy was it a Day! Then I saw this picture. I distinctly remember taking this picture and looking at him as I was SO worried he wasn't gaining enough weight. 😂(which is funny, because you can clearly see he's huge!)

I felt like I was failing yesterday and this picture popped up as a reminder of sorts. This phase will come and go then I will be worried about the next thing I am sure. It's just the nature of parenthood. I wanted to share because I know I am not alone in this! I know other mom's sometimes need that reminder too. So here it is. A friend of mine said it never changes. One thing comes and goes and then you face the next hurdle because there will be one. What matters is your kids know they are loved, the rest figures itself out.

I needed that reminder yesterday morning, so here is yours momma! 💛

Capture214.JPG

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Another post Axel won't enjoy reading when his classmates find it in Middle School.  I hope Maddie's next big announcement is that she or Caleb are getting their tubes tied.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 9
On 12/20/2020 at 1:16 PM, Dustbunny said:

I like Maddie but like all the rest of the Brown's she hawks too many overpriced items with her "Swipe Up"

One of the items she's been pushing for a while now is a foundation brush, it just so happens that its the same foundation brush that I've been using for a couple years, it's soft and lovely and works great but it isn't worth $35.00 USD or even $28 USD with Maddies discount.

It's readily available for a few dollars (I've gotten it for less than $4 with free shipping)

It's the exact same brush and I know that because a friend of mine ordered Maddies and I had to show her mine, exact same packaging and exact same brush... which was a shock for her because she paid $28 USD plus shipping by following Maddies "SWIPE UP"

I decided to post just in case anyone else is tempted to buy Maddies brush you can get it for a fraction of the cost on eBay and both are from China.

Here's Maddie's $28 USD plus shipping and mine from Ebay for $3.65 USD with FREE Shipping, same choice of colors.

I've noticed this with most of the SWIPE UP stuff that the Brown's and others post.

maddiebrush1.jpg

maddiebrush2.jpg

maddiebrush3.jpg

Thanks for the post Dustbunny....

Maddie is ripping off her followers AGAIN with these brushes.

She's got her teeth gritted and she's telling her followers to HURRY and use her code to get a discount and only pay $28 for a brush.

So I private messaged her and told her that I'm sure she wouldn't want to rip off her followers after being made aware that they're available for less than $4 on eBay..... And she blocked me and continued to promote the brushes and rip off her followers. 🙄

What kind of person does that?

GRIFTERS! 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, DakotaJustice said:

What job is she referring to? I'm assuming the TLC teat. 

I’m not sure why that ‘job’ was so difficult for her either, it’s not like she bothered to put a scrap of makeup on or make herself presentable for tv throughout the last few seasons, she’s looked like a hot mess. Most TV personalities work on their appearance  or have to learn lines and you can attribute all that to ‘work’, but for Maddie - a camera just followed her round a few days while she lived her sloppy life, it was hardly a stressful 9-5. She’s Janelle’s child for sure. 

Edited by Sofa Sloth
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10

Since when did Maddie have a clothing "boutique?"  Or is she talking about LuLaNo?

It's pretty bad when you jump so fast from scam to scam that people who follow your shenanigans can't even keep up.  So now she's just shilling Plexus?  Maybe she should join forces will JillRod.

Why not just be satisfied as a mom and take care of your kids?  Why does she NEED a business?

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 10
25 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Since when did Maddie have a clothing "boutique?"  Or is she talking about LuLaNo?

It's pretty bad when you jump so fast from scam to scam that people who follow your shenanigans can't even keep up.  So now she's just shilling Plexus?  Maybe she should join forces will JillRod.

Why not just be satisfied as a mom and take care of your kids?  Why does she NEED a business?

Maddie swung her LLR Facebook page to a new enterprise, Lemon and Lace in October, 2019, by using the same page her intention was to maintain her followers from LLR.  By April 2020 it was quietly closed.  L&L carried limited inventory of kid and adult clothing with what appeared to be various manufacturers labels.  I have a feeling that she purchased overstock inventory from jobbers and she claimed that the inventory was "curated by Caleb, herself and other members of her family" 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7

Do they even know what curate means?

Definition:  curate something to collect, select and present information or items such as pictures, video, music, etc. for people to use or enjoy, using your professional or expert knowledge.

Caleb has professional or expert knowledge of cheesy crappy polyester rags?  Who knew.

• LOL 14
1 hour ago, Cetacean said:

Caleb has professional or expert knowledge of cheesy crappy polyester rags?  Who knew.

Caleb's job was probably to carry in deliveries and carry out shipments to the post office.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 2/14/2021 at 7:20 PM, Joan of Argh said:

Thanks for the post Dustbunny....

Maddie is ripping off her followers AGAIN with these brushes.

She's got her teeth gritted and she's telling her followers to HURRY and use her code to get a discount and only pay $28 for a brush.

So I private messaged her and told her that I'm sure she wouldn't want to rip off her followers after being made aware that they're available for less than $4 on eBay..... And she blocked me and continued to promote the brushes and rip off her followers. 🙄

What kind of person does that?

GRIFTERS! 

glad to be of service 😋

She doesn't give a hoot about her followers or helping anyone but herself.

When I posted the original comparison on here I felt it was only fair to make Maddie aware of the post so I direct messaged her on instagram and gave her links to everything and explained that the brushes sell for less than 4 dollars on ebay and she might want to reconsider shilling and promoting such a RIP OFF... She immediately blocked me and went right on conning money out of her followers.

Maddie is well aware of what she is doing and how shitty it is plus she aims her sales pitch at "stay at home moms" with limited incomes which makes it even worse, she should be posting actual savings and good deals but no, she just rips them off and carries on..

I used to like Maddie but not anymore, she's a dirty little GRIFTER just like the rest of the Brown's. 👎

• Love 16
On 2/16/2021 at 6:26 PM, Dustbunny said:

Maddie is well aware of what she is doing and how shitty it is plus she aims her sales pitch at "stay at home moms" with limited incomes which makes it even worse, she should be posting actual savings and good deals but no, she just rips them off and carries on.

Having listened to The Dream podcast which is all about MLM scams, there are so many stay at home moms who target other stay at home moms to buy their crap.  It's like a snake eating its own tail - if you buy from me and help me pay for my crap, then it's assumed that I will help you pay for yours and if I don't, you can and will hound me until I do whether I have the money or not.  These shillers are both predator and prey.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Having listened to The Dream podcast which is all about MLM scams, there are so many stay at home moms who target other stay at home moms to buy their crap.  It's like a snake eating its own tail - if you buy from me and help me pay for my crap, then it's assumed that I will help you pay for yours and if I don't, you can and will hound me until I do whether I have the money or not.  These shillers are both predator and prey.

I wonder too if there may be the underlying factor of sympathy for Maddie and the overwhelming expenses connected with Evie's condition.  Even if Caleb has health insurance with his employer, sometimes related expenses such as travel, accommodation, and the replacements of her apparatus as she grows may not be recovered.

I don't know if Maddie would resort to "help me out here" as Christine did to her followers for Ysabel's surgery, but anyone who follows her would be aware of the situation and just out of human kindness be willing to support her efforts.  She creates this image of herself as a brave little soldier... wife, mother of 2 kids with special needs, student, part-time worker and online influencer.  I wouldn't put it past her to subtly exploit this.  It's the way of the MLM.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Omg we get it!... You're taking classes and there's large words involved.

She keeps posting the same thing every day and saying how HARD it is...

Reminds me of Janelle with her complaining about how HARD it is to exercise....

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Omg we get it!... You're taking classes and there's large words involved.

She keeps posting the same thing every day and saying how HARD it is...

What is she taking classes for?

2 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

What is she taking classes for?

It's not great testimony to help her shill her MLM.  Or, maybe she's studying Gut Health 101 at Plexus U.  

madison_rose11: School? Anything other than keeping babies alive? forget it! There was no way I could tackle both school and motherhood and homemaking. I now thrive through motherhood, I don't feel so overwhelmed and now attend school. I have a part-time job, I run a social media platform and I'm the primary homemaker. All because I started looking into gut health and found products that worked for me! So I'm here to basically say... What's the harm in trying? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

Is this a direct quote?  She started guzzling Plexus and now she's Superwoman?  I sincerely hope her fans do not lap up this crap like she knows what she's talking about - she's just looking for exhausted mothers to prey on.  It angers me.

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Twopper said:

i think it is a parody.   Maybe a " /sarc" tag at the end?

It's a direct quote from an Instagram post of hers about 2 weeks ago.  You can read the entire post on her Instagram, it's the 4th entry as of today.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
On 2/4/2021 at 7:53 PM, ginger90 said:

FA9BBF29-F43E-4611-8DB7-C7FCED870D3C.jpeg

madison_rose11 You know those sayings “mom life is about drinking coffee till it's time to switch to wine.” 

I do. I see it all the time! I was also that mom. I drank copious amounts of coffee till it was time for my glass of wine at night. I figured, ”this must be it. This must be how surviving motherhood with 2 little ones is done.” 
(Also, that whacks your adrenals and I knew it did, but I was just trying to make it, I did not care.)

I started feeling hopeless. I started to fall into that “motherhood is a burden, ” TRAP! It's a trap y’all! 

School? Anything other than keeping babies alive? forget it! There was no way I could tackle both school and motherhood and homemaking. 

Now, it's different. I don't believe in overnight, one day, magic fix. It does take time, but to me, my family and I were worth it! I feel like I can do it all now! I'm not that person who shared like this, but I know the desperation I had as a mom. It would be a disservice not to share. I would be taking Plexus even if I wasn't sharing, so here I am. 

I now thrive through motherhood, I don't feel so overwhelmed and now attend school. I have a part-time job, I run a social media platform and I'm the primary homemaker. All because I started looking into gut health and found products that worked for me! So I'm here to basically say... What's the harm in trying? 

Also, anyone else study or work standing? 😂🙋‍♀️

This is the post.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Sandy W said:

It's a direct quote from an Instagram post of hers about 2 weeks ago.  You can read the entire post on her Instagram, it's the 4th entry as of today.

oops.  My bad.  I don't do instagram. 

Janelle is always complaining.  Let's see if it works for Janelle in which case maybe it is a bit of a miracle.  Is this another MLM.  I haven't heard of it but as a COL I am really out of the loop.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Twopper said:

oops.  My bad.  I don't do instagram. 

Janelle is always complaining.  Let's see if it works for Janelle in which case maybe it is a bit of a miracle.  Is this another MLM.  I haven't heard of it but as a COL I am really out of the loop.  

Yes it's an mlm and the product is banned in several countries like Canada and australia

• Love 6

Why does she talk about Plexus as if it is a "digestive" supplement.  Plexus Slim Accelerator capsules were found to contain 1,3-dimethylamylamine (DMAA), a drug that is not approved for sale in Canada.  Alfred Pettersen, International President of Plexus, has a huge gut, so presumably his product doesn't work.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1