Type keyword(s) to search

Maddie Brown: Seeking a One-Woman Man

Aethera
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Axel looking like he's going to cry?  Mommy must have taken away the binky.  😞

Unfortunately when it comes to Axel Brush pretty much everything makes him pull a sour face.

I'm really starting to wonder if he has emotional problems... Maybe put down the phone and encourage him or don't make him sit on Santa if he doesn't want to.

He seems like such an unhappy child... If he isn't throwing a tantrum he's crying.

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

Remind me again of what her "new business" consists of. Being an influencer?

I think it's called Lace and Lemons with the Brushes, she launched it in August 2019, using the same FB page she had used for LLR.  No doubt to capitalize on her fan base she had built there. 

It's a closed group and I didn't join but I think the concept is to sell clothing bought from various jobbers direct to the public, I have an idea it's mainly kid's clothes at this time and not a MLM - yet - maybe she has aspirations, that would put her at the very pinnacle of a pyramid.

• Useful 8
6 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I think it's called Lace and Lemons with the Brushes, she launched it in August 2019, using the same FB page she had used for LLR.  No doubt to capitalize on her fan base she had built there. 

It's a closed group and I didn't join but I think the concept is to sell clothing bought from various jobbers direct to the public, I have an idea it's mainly kid's clothes at this time and not a MLM - yet - maybe she has aspirations, that would put her at the very pinnacle of a pyramid.

Oh, I'm not on FB so didn't know. 

I've heard that's what a lot of ex-llr consultants are doing. But she's limiting her audience by just being on FB. 

• Love 3
On 12/29/2019 at 3:00 AM, Joan of Argh said:

Unfortunately when it comes to Axel Brush pretty much everything makes him pull a sour face.

I'm really starting to wonder if he has emotional problems... Maybe put down the phone and encourage him or don't make him sit on Santa if he doesn't want to.

He seems like such an unhappy child... If he isn't throwing a tantrum he's crying.

He is literally a toddler. Could we stop picking on him please?

Edited by Higgins
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

Go tell his mother, she's the one following him around documenting his worst moments and sharing them on a daily basis.

He's going to need some serious therapy when he gets old enough to see what his mother posted throughout his childhood.  These people have really GOT to put their cameras away and attend to their kids and their issues.

• Love 22

Maybe he's going through a tough age, or maybe he's been spoiled rotten, or maybe he has some emotional adjustments that should be monitored and corrected by a professional, I just don't know. 

What I do believe is that Maddie is doing him no favors by her calling his behavior out on SM, and also enabling much of his behavior (i.e. not weaning him off his binky.)  I'm hoping he's going to grow out of it, but honestly, her actions aren't helping matters.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Maybe he's going through a tough age, or maybe he's been spoiled rotten, or maybe he has some emotional adjustments that should be monitored and corrected by a professional, I just don't know. 

What I do believe is that Maddie is doing him no favors by her calling his behavior out on SM, and also enabling much of his behavior (i.e. not weaning him off his binky.)  I'm hoping he's going to grow out of it, but honestly, her actions aren't helping matters.

Maybe we should be the adults. 

• Love 3

Let's remember that the children on this show don't choose to be there, and cut them a break. But more importantly, remember to snark the SHOW, and not each other. There is no need to call each other out. If someone annoys you, or you don't like what they post, Ignore them.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

Well, it's not like he's reading it. 

I was kind of hoping that Maddie might be reading here and quit posting such unflattering pics and videos of her child.

It's useless to say anything to her on IG because your comments either dissappear or they're buried in a pile of screeching morons defending her.... I know because I tried... Twice.

Plus the thing is it isn't even about the show because we rarely see him on the show...  It's about his mother's online activities where she loves complaining about how very, very hard it is to be a new mom with a moody toddler and newborn... the pics and videos are to show everyone how hard it all is... Right now Axel is the main focus of her frustration, maybe she'll switch over to Evie once the surgeries etc begin.

Either way she loves all the attention and sympathy from her followers so I doubt she'll stop anytime soon.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Joan of Argh said:

I was kind of hoping that Maddie might be reading here and quit posting such unflattering pics and videos of her child.

Ditto.  But, as you say, she's only going to listen to what she wants to hear not the voices of experience.  What new, young mother doesn't have issues[ she acts like she's so unique.

I do feel for the kid, he's going to be the target of unbelievable bullying when he hits school age.  Especially if he ends up in school talking and eating around a pacifier.  But Maddie is too self-absorbed to think about the consequences of her postings.  It's the All About Me MO of the Brown Clowns.

• Love 5

Maddie belongs to this support group online "Lucky Fin Project" for families with medical conditions like Evie.

I couldn't help but feel sick when i saw some of the pics these young parents are sharing and what they are doing to their babies and toddlers to get that super cool pic that will get them a bunch of "LIKES" because that's the most important thing to these idiots.

here's one of the posts

this poor child was dressed like a turkey and sat naked in what has to be a cold damn pot as his parent watches him cry with his poor little hand in the air...

does his parent come to his rescue... hell NO not until she gets that one perfect pic to boost her influencer status.

This is the kind of shit going on.  😟

7 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Maddie belongs to this support group online "Lucky Fin Project" for families with medical conditions like Evie.

I couldn't help but feel sick when i saw some of the pics these young parents are sharing and what they are doing to their babies and toddlers to get that super cool pic that will get them a bunch of "LIKES" because that's the most important thing to these idiots.

here's one of the posts

this poor child was dressed like a turkey and sat naked in what has to be a cold damn pot as his parent watches him cry with his poor little hand in the air...

does his parent come to his rescue... hell NO not until she gets that one perfect pic to boost her influencer status.

This is the kind of shit going on.  😟

This makes me sick.

• Love 8

FATCO syndrome (Fibular aplasia, tibial campomelia, and oligosyndactyly syndrome) is a genetic condition - a very, very rare one.

Link: https://omim.org/entry/246570

Chances are very high the baby also suffers from a heart condition. The majority of children with FATCO have that also.

Are the parents related? These very rare conditions mostly surface when there is consanguinity, or founder effects.

• Useful 6
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

FATCO syndrome (Fibular aplasia, tibial campomelia, and oligosyndactyly syndrome) is a genetic condition - a very, very rare one.

Link: https://omim.org/entry/246570

Chances are very high the baby also suffers from a heart condition. The majority of children with FATCO have that also.

Are the parents related? These very rare conditions mostly surface when there is consanguinity, or founder effects.

Very interesting... I've been wondering if it could have a connection to the plyg world.

• Love 4

"Here we go again."  With a picture of a baby trying to touch her mother's face.

That's sad.  Yes, motherhood is very, very hard.  And yes, many days you're just trying to make it until bedtime, until you get up and have to do it all over again.  But Maddie is doing herself and her kids no favors by posting like every single day is something she has to slog through with no joy.  I can imagine how overwhelmed she is, mothering a toddler and a baby with health issues.  But posting things like "here we go again" isn't helping her in any way - it makes her sound whiny and ungrateful.  And she's not special.  Every single mother feels the exact same way.  It's not news.  Just my opinion.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

"Here we go again."  With a picture of a baby trying to touch her mother's face.

And this was, what, a whole 24 hours after posting that she'd finally gotten her bearings and everything was peachy? 

Plan on life being up and down until you die, you ninny.  News flash:  every day is different so get used to it. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

Doesn't Maddie have 2 sister moms with a shit ton of kids as well as a biological mom with 5 other kids?  It seems like she would have a tremendous amount of support.  Christine is  Mother Earth Brown and it seems like being there for Maddie is right up her alley.  

So much for one, big happy family.

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Does Caleb work at Southern Elevator?

Sounds more reasonable than moving across country to work at Home Depot.  Since his cousin/friend got him the job, I always thought that it had to be something more specific than working at another Home Depot.   Maddie has complained that he has to be out of town a lot and there are few elevator manufacturers, installers and repair people (hence the several weeks' or months' waits when a part breaks and has to be made from scratch), so he may work in several SE US cities.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 2
44 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Sounds more reasonable than moving across country to work at Home Depot.  Since his cousin/friend got him the job, I always thought that it had to be something more specific than working at another Home Depot.   Maddie has complained that he has to be out of town a lot and there are few elevator manufacturers, installers and repair people (hence the several weeks' or months' waits when a part breaks and has to be made from scratch), so he may work in several SE US cities.  

Exactly, I was thinking the same thing.

I wonder if they have a health plan and or other benefits that made it attractive to them as well.

• Love 3

Maddie wanted a one-woman man, but she acts like she needs a Christine-like sister wife to raise her kids.

I certainly hope that Caleb's job came with a good health plan and benefits.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 6

Actually, I feel bad for Maddie being so far from her family.  She really does need more support from the Moms and the siblings than she gets.  I hope she doesn't start thinking that polygamy would be a good thing for her.  Although, I am glad to see that Caleb has a good job.  Maybe  someday he can find a similar job closer to some of the family.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Actually, I feel bad for Maddie being so far from her family.  She really does need more support from the Moms and the siblings than she gets.  I hope she doesn't start thinking that polygamy would be a good thing for her.  Although, I am glad to see that Caleb has a good job.  Maybe  someday he can find a similar job closer to some of the family.

I'm of a different opinion. I think Maddie has wanted separation from the family for years now. Remember the episode when she moved to university? As soon as she got in her apartment/dorm she made Kody and Janelle leave. 

I don't think Caleb makes Maddie do anything against her will. She's got spunk, unlike her passive mom, and I think she's furious about the way Meri has treated Janelle (and herself) for years and couldn't tolerate being around that anymore.

• Love 14

It is unfortunate that this is a perfect situation where Maddie could use some help from her large extended family - but that same family has done so much damage to her psyche in the form of constant uprooting, watching her mother have to dill with being undermined by a horrible bonus mom, and also watching her father do nothing about it - that she's now across the country without that family support.

Good job, Kodork.  By the time it's all said and done, he's probably only going to have Sol and Arabelliola dropping by to visit the family compound.  The rest of his kids will be scattered to the wind.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

It is unfortunate that this is a perfect situation where Maddie could use some help from her large extended family - but that same family has done so much damage to her psyche in the form of constant uprooting, watching her mother have to dill with being undermined by a horrible bonus mom, and also watching her father do nothing about it - that she's now across the country without that family support.

Good job, Kodork.  By the time it's all said and done, he's probably only going to have Sol and Arabelliola dropping by to visit the family compound.  The rest of his kids will be scattered to the wind.

Don't forget how poorly Meri allegedly treated Maddie when she was selling LLR as part of her downline, causing Maddie to lash out on Twitter and unload about how poorly Meri has treated her for her entire lIfe.  

• Love 4

I lived in Greenville, NC until recently and there is not a Home Depot, but there is a Southern Elevator! I’m glad someone caught that, because I have been so curious why anyone would move across the US to little Greenville. 

My husband works in a similar industry and commutes back to Greenville for work (and also travels a lot). They have constant turnover with the techs and have a hard time finding someone with enough common sense. I can see why the business would hire someone who came recommended even if it meant he had to move. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6

Ahh. It does make more sense if Caleb has to travel for his work.  Maddie never seemed like she was one of the kids who was constantly helping the parents like Logan and Aspyn. In her world there were lots of kids to distract other kids and lots of moms in and out around the clock. So being a young mother with two kids back to back, and one with health issues and the other well...is a toddler, and THEN....her husband travels...yea I get it a lot more.

My husband has traveled for work since my second child was 6 months old. 24 years now. When he started I had returned to work and had a 6 month old and a 4 year old at home. He was usually gone M-F but some weekends as well.  The only way for this to work is for the wife at home to be capable of running things and juggling what needs to be juggled.  It is NOT easy and I can imagine since Maddie is so far away from her support system of Janelle and Christine she turns to the internet as we have seen with her posts that are whining and complaining about every little thing. Hopefully she can find community where she lives and use the technology to stay in touch with family...but I also can see the point that DakotaJustice made upthread that Maddie has always wanted away from the family.  Its a "be careful what you wish for" when you get what you want. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I lived in Greenville, NC until recently and there is not a Home Depot, but there is a Southern Elevator! I’m glad someone caught that, because I have been so curious why anyone would move across the US to little Greenville. 

My husband works in a similar industry and commutes back to Greenville for work (and also travels a lot). They have constant turnover with the techs and have a hard time finding someone with enough common sense. I can see why the business would hire someone who came recommended even if it meant he had to move. 

I get the idea that Maddie and Caleb were both raised in rural areas (Lehi these days is becoming more Silicon Valley-ish, but it wasn't the only place they lived - they didn't move there until 2005) and perhaps they're more comfortable living in a small place. My late dad was born and raised in NC. The Carolinas are lovely.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Roslyn said:

Ahh. It does make more sense if Caleb has to travel for his work.  Maddie never seemed like she was one of the kids who was constantly helping the parents like Logan and Aspyn. In her world there were lots of kids to distract other kids and lots of moms in and out around the clock. So being a young mother with two kids back to back, and one with health issues and the other well...is a toddler, and THEN....her husband travels...yea I get it a lot more.

My husband has traveled for work since my second child was 6 months old. 24 years now. When he started I had returned to work and had a 6 month old and a 4 year old at home. He was usually gone M-F but some weekends as well.  The only way for this to work is for the wife at home to be capable of running things and juggling what needs to be juggled.  It is NOT easy and I can imagine since Maddie is so far away from her support system of Janelle and Christine she turns to the internet as we have seen with her posts that are whining and complaining about every little thing. Hopefully she can find community where she lives and use the technology to stay in touch with family...but I also can see the point that DakotaJustice made upthread that Maddie has always wanted away from the family.  Its a "be careful what you wish for" when you get what you want. 

Children need to be on a schedule.  To bed at the same time every day.  Don't let them sleep for hours when they go down for a nap.  I thought I remembered reading that Axel was in pre-school/daycare.  She should be able to manage if he is gone a good part of the day.  Even moms need to be on a routine in order to get everything done daily.  My mom had three under 6 at home.  I never remember our house being anything but in order and straightened daily.  We played most of the day and had some TV time.  But I don't every remember my mother struggling to take care of the home and us.  You do have to be organized.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

Children need to be on a schedule.  To bed at the same time every day.  Don't let them sleep for hours when they go down for a nap.  I thought I remembered reading that Axel was in pre-school/daycare.  She should be able to manage if he is gone a good part of the day.  Even moms need to be on a routine in order to get everything done daily.  My mom had three under 6 at home.  I never remember our house being anything but in order and straightened daily.  We played most of the day and had some TV time.  But I don't every remember my mother struggling to take care of the home and us.  You do have to be organized.

Exactly! Organization is key.  I still carry on with my organized routine and I now only have a dog, cat and chickens with household and garden maintenance.

• Love 6

Routines also mean learning to say no consistently until you don't need to say it at all because kiddo knows that he cannot stay up past bedtime or eat candy bars instead of dinner, and quits asking.

• Love 8