Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E03: We Got A Rat

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

The Tribe Swap:

Savage's über dramatic face during the tribe swap.

Joe's ENORMOUS arm muscles.

At his new 'camp', Savage is as depressed as meeting a supermodel in his house might make him.

(I ended up being a bit wrong about this, but:)

All of my minority players ended up on the same tribe!!!!!  With Abi of all people lol.  (I'm sorry I don't know if Monica is a minority, anything about her, or what tribe she's on.  Oh whoops.  Jeremy is on her tribe too!)

I love how Woo shut his eyes really tight like his brain was hurting trying to convince Jeff to not do anything crazy.

I feel horrible saying this but I wouldn't mind watching Spencer narrating the entire season.  He's not even one of my favourite players. Ok --- Maybe somewhere in the Top 20.  I feel so sad for Jeremy falling for Spencer's shit.

Goddamn Tasha is the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.  Imagine being on a tribe with her, she would just centre me and put me at peace!  And then probably take me out. 

Jeremy's body is so sick.  Oh my god, he found the clue I love him!!  Oh my god I looooove Jeremyyyyy!!  (I always did so it's no surprise).

Woo and Tasha are such a nice combo.  Hot, strong players.  Why would they have Woo work on a puzzle hahahahahahahahhahahahaha

What was Varner saying to Wigle ommggggg the drama!!!!!!  Maybe my Minority Trio will take Varner out!!!!!!!!  

God... Woo is still so hot though.  The wetter the better.    Hmm, I like the idea of Savage and Tasha working intelligently together but I hate the idea of Pei Gee going (instead of Jeff, or Abi) and I hate Woo being on the bottom again.  Siiiiiiiiiiiiigh.

I love how that ended up being what the title was about.  I thought it was going to be some stupid rat for a meal thing!  I suddenly got this whole idea at Tribal Council that the Original Tribe of 4 was playing Tasha and Savage just so the producers would have some drama-but-not-really, but boyy was I wrong.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 6

The ONLY good thing about losing Peih Gee tonight was Woo being left dumbstruck.  Again.  I'm really shocked Andrew and Tasha pulled that off.  How lucky were they to get the most dysfunctional Ta'Keo members.

Last week it was Andrew and the supermodel wife.  This week Spencer gets the relationship spotlight story.  Dan must be seething at home.

Andrew could have tried to be a little more enthuastic about his predicament.  That had to be have been the unhappiest I have seen a post swap tribe in a long time.  They are going to self destruct.  Sadly, most of my faves are now on Angkor.  I really thought the underdogs would triumph.  Hope this isn't a repeat pattern of Bayon and Ta'Keo winning now because they didn't have to start from scratch again.

Wow, there really is a Ciera and Monica on this season.  A whopping one confessional each finally.

Way too much talk about keeping numbers strong and tribal lines, you knew a blindside is coming.  However, I really had no idea who was going.  Thought they were trying to throw us off with a predictable Savage or Tasha vote, or that it might actually be a former Ta'Keo.  I actually thought at the IC, they were purposely throwing it with how slow they were moving.

I vote for the baby monkey as the winner.  Do they really need to be so graphic with the chickens?  We get how it is done.  Surprised Wentworth was willing to throw Terry under the bus so quick.

Ta'Keo=new Esemeca post swap.  What did Varner say to Wigles?  Angkor is a mess.  I thought for sure Jeff would be the one with the soundbite.  Poor Woo, always the last to know.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 6

Wow, Varner must be the luckiest guy there, didn't get a single vote. He definitely screwed up and thought it was over and then out of nowhere, PG and Abi jumped on the chopping block. Just like last episode, the dynamics changed in an instant. Also love Jeremy and Spencer and yay J for getting the HII. No Takeo today. Definitely digging this season.

• Love 9

I knew the new tribe wasn't going to do well with anything. They seem to give the losers the most camera time.

What was Varner trying to say to Wigelsworth? I thought Tasha doing that 'we got a rat' thing was dumb , she was on the chopping block already and by calling negative attention to herself she could have gotten herself voted off. Didn't happen.

I never felt anything about good or bad about P.G. But I really would have had her stay instead of Abi. To me she's the rat on that team.

• Love 15

Spencer: "The Survivor Gods looked upon me and said you deserve a second chance".

How about Survivor production?

Got to admit the wildlife shots are beautiful.

Production had nothing to do with it, they drew buffs in those little boxes. Right?? Or did I miss something...

• Love 4

I'm enjoying the animals. I wonder if there's some significance as to the animals shown during the individual tribe sequences. Angkor got the leopard (?) - maybe signifying can a leopard change its spots? (Abi?) Then Ta'kaon has baby monkeys, ants or termites and a lizard. Bayon gets grownup monkeys and the deer.

If anyone has done Pace Paulette, Spencer is a pure green--someone who operates mostly through logic. Tasha's playing with smart with Abi and Savage. It's fun to see how the tribal dynamics change so fast. 24 hours ago Jeff was on top and now he's on the bottom. Good work, Jeremy, on finding the idol!

What if two people find idol clues before the same immunity challenge? Will two idols be hidden? (Good work, Jeremy!)

I don't know if Tasha calling Jeff a rat is such a good idea. If he doesn't get voted out, that's the thing he'll remember. Maybe the leopard represents Tasha aggressively attacking her prey. Well Angkor gets a crocodile and more monkeys. So Abi's a yellow bird and Andrew's a snake. When Abi's talking at TC everyone should stick their fingers in their ears and say "La la la la la!" since her word means nothing. It was dumb to vote out PG over Abi. It's like swatting a ladybug to save a scorpion. But if Angkor loses again Abi will be the next one.

• Love 1

Varner was so stupid to do that during the IC. WTF?? He couldn't wait until he got back to camp to his little signals?? Idiot. He's the one playing too damn hard.

Abi and PG still are unable to put their differences aside, even when switched to different tribes where they should be sticking together but they can't but at least one of them is finally gone but was really hoping they got rid of Abi. If PG is indecisive then it's best that she gets voted out now before she can do damage later on. 

Jeremy seems to be easily persuaded by any damn story from the supermodel wife to the unemotional boyfriend. He was able to get the idol without anyone seeing him do it. I thought he was gonna get caught. 

Woo is always left dumbfounded, but I think it's because the people he's always around don't tell him much of anything. He always seem to be the last guy to find out about the way people vote and always happens at TC. I think what he needs to do is go the opposite way of voting. 

• Love 3

No....PG!!

Really interesting episode, wasn't sure if it was going to be PG or Abi. I wish it had been Abi though. and I was laughing at Abi's comments at the voting, all that totally applies to her.

• Love 7

No....PG!!

Really interesting episode, wasn't sure if it was going to be PG or Abi. I wish it had been Abi though. and I was laughing at Abi's comments at the voting, all that totally applies to her.

I was honestly surprised it wasn't Abi.  Between the two, I was really hoping it would be.  Nothing against Abi, I just like PG more and was really excited to see her get a second chance out here.

I still don't think Savage or Tasha should get too comfortable.  Varner, Abi, and Woo still outnumber them.  And they could still vote in a block next time (although since Woo is always on the outs of whatever vote, he should say screw Abi and Varner and vote with Savage/Tasha).

• Love 3

I'll have to rewatch. I don't know what Varner was saying, but I don't think I like Tasha copping a hissy fit and going "we have a rat." it goes totally against what you said at Tribal about "leave your family business at home." (something my mama says too). call Jeff out at home - esp. when you don't know if you need Jeff later. did not like

(but then I liked how Tasha took point). honestly though when Jeff saying Savage/Tasha were taking point, that should have been the Misfits clue to go "oh, hey, yeah." I am sorry - Savage/Tasha should have been gone. unless things happen, I can see this ending up as a Pagoning of team Green members

I love Challenge HII. no one knows that Jeremy has one. No one knows that Kelley Went. has one. drahmah. 

• Love 4

Wait, what?  Don't they all know everyone still has friends on the other tribes?  Weren't they using the, "I'll get you in with my friends after the merge," as  a reason to align with them?  So what's so bad about waving to one of your old friends and mouthing a few words?  How does that make anyone a rat?

• Love 18

Production had nothing to do with it, they drew buffs in those little boxes. Right?? Or did I miss something...

You're correct, they just picked randomly picked buffs. Whether Spencer survived or was elminated last week, they would have gone with having 3 tribes.

• Love 4

Fuck Abi. Fuck her stupid braids and her smirkiest, smuggiest face that ever was. Fuck. Her.

Why can't I have nice things and have Andrew bounced by a twist again?

I thought for sure Stephen was a goner just because of the nature of his confessionals. And that Joe and Terry's tribe would lose because they both gave confessionals about how they were going to win all the things.

Peih-Gee is from China? James's China?

• Love 15

Kelley's under the bus confessional was hilarious.

That workaround my Tasha/Savage was good. During the swap I though Savage would be a goner judging by the "oh shit" look on his face.

Did anyone catch what Varner was mouthing to Wigles?  I thought he was mouthing Monica's name.

He said Get Monica or to that something effect.

Edited by Chrissytd
  • Love 2

I was honestly surprised it wasn't Abi.  Between the two, I was really hoping it would be.  Nothing against Abi, I just like PG more and was really excited to see her get a second chance out here.

I still don't think Savage or Tasha should get too comfortable.  Varner, Abi, and Woo still outnumber them.  And they could still vote in a block next time (although since Woo is always on the outs of whatever vote, he should say screw Abi and Varner and vote with Savage/Tasha).

At this point I don't even think Woo can trust anyone on his tribe. Varner making side deals and not including Woo. Tasha telling Woo to vote Abi while she and Savage voted for PG. It looks like he's going to be on his own and might be voted out the next time tey lose.

• Love 2

And once again, Woo had no clue about the actual vote. I still think he'll go far though because I don't think people see him as a threat. And I really felt for him when Abi had that smug look on her face when telling him that's the second time he's written her name down. I swear I could see Woo mentally thinking "kill me now...I'm still stuck with this woman."

That Savage and Tasha move was indicative of why Ta-Keo was losing challenges. They were just a hot mess. Even with the numbers, they imploded and allowed Tasha and Savage to just move right in. It was nice to see Varner's smugness taken down a notch and it's interesting that it looked like he was almost doing nothing to save himself. However, I'm sure that was just editing and he was talking to people and eventually realized that the vote was really between Abi and PG. I definitely think they will regret not getting him out.

Man Joe just keeps rolling with those puzzles. He definitely looks good for the merge since every tribe he's on just keeps winning (bit of a difference to his last season). But I cannot see anyone wanting Joe to stick around after the merge, so I don't see him making it to the end unless he goes on an insane immunity run and possibly finds an idol, which is certainly possible. Speaking of idols, that was slick Jeremy, very slick.

Best line of the episode - Spencer "I'm going to try this new thing of feeling..." That was hilarious. His conversation with Jeremy was nice and Jeremy seemed like he was genuinely listening and giving advice. Jeremy seems like a really nice guy.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 20

That was one of the more boring episodes so far. Varner is the most fun person on the new Angkor tribe, and everyone was pissed at him. They were all buzz kills. 

Abi isn't good TV; she's just irritating. And Tasha: don't mess with my Varner.

Screw this tribe, basically.

Edited by Dust Bunny
  • Love 15

Yes, Peih-Gee Law is from Season 15: China.

Can someone explain the significance of Jeff saying "Monica" apparently?  I have no damn idea what tribe she was originally on or what it means. 

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

Since they are repeating challenges, I really wish we would see the challenge from season 1, episode 5-the rowing IC where Kelly "water AS" Wiglesworth lost (badly) to the non swimmer from Philly, Gervase.  Just because Probst keeps sticking it to the people who lost these challenges the first time.  Tasha was a good sport about it.

Can someone explain the significance of Jeff saying "Monica" apparently?  I have no damn idea what tribe she was originally on or what it means.

A poster above said it looked like he was saying 'get Monica'.  But, 'get her' as in align with her or vote her off?  Monica seems like an odd choice to target, and if anyone was on the outs over there it was Stephen.

I'm hoping Bayon or Ta'Keo loses next week, because I want to see them all lose their crap.  Hopefully.  I didn't want to lose PG tonight, but it was a very entertaining post challenge strategy session and TC.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

I love Varner, so I'm glad he was safe. But I also love Peih-Gee, so this episode hurt. It hurt!

Man, the third tribe doesn't have a chance. They didn't even leave them rice? I like the "survivor" aspect of Survivor, but that seems like a clear disadvantage.

I like the fact that Joe is always on the tribe that rules. It's like Joe turns every tribe golden.

• Love 7

Since they are repeating challenges, I really wish we would see the challenge from season 1, episode 5-the rowing IC where Kelly "water AS" Wiglesworth lost (badly) to the non swimmer from Philly, Gervase.  Just because Probst keeps sticking it to the people who lost these challenges the first time.  Tasha was a good sport about it.

A poster above said it looked like he was saying 'get Monica'.  But, 'get her' as in align with her or vote her off?  Monica seems like an odd choice to target, and if anyone was on the outs over there it was Stephen.

I'm hoping Bayon or Ta'Keo loses next week, because I want to see them all lose their crap.  Hopefully.  I didn't want to lose PG tonight, but it was a very entertaining post challenge strategy session and TC.  

"i can 't believe I lost to a guy who can't even fucking swim" -  Wiggles,  15 years ago .   

• Love 8

Then why, all of sudden split into three tribes?    It seemed Spencer was doomed if stayed at two tribes.

Edited by nottopbravo
  • Love 4
I suddenly got this whole idea at Tribal Council that the Original Tribe of 4 was playing Tasha and Savage just so the producers would have some drama-but-not-really, but boyy was I wrong.

That's probably because Varner looked like he was ever so slickly still playing the game and trying to point out to the other three of the original four Ta Keo that they just allowed Tasha and Savage to come in and take over and handed them the power. It may have just been editing but it definitely came across that way and considering how much of tribal council the editing doesn't show, who knows how long he did work that but eventually realized the plan of PG was still a go and so he went with that. Varner at this point is the flip floppiest player that ever flip flopped. 

• Love 8

Did anyone catch what Varner was mouthing to Wigles?  I thought he was mouthing Monica's name.

He was telling her to target Monica.

Well, I hated to see Peih-Gee leave so soon, but she hasn't learned a thing about not crossing Abi-Maria.  She should've been calmer with her when she was talking about being on the bottom.  If she had been, and she hadn't tried to target her after that, they might've agreed on Jeff.  But good on Tasha for leading the charge to save herself and Andrew, and good on Andrew for taking the hint and running with it!

Go, Jeremy!  Get that idol!  I'm glad he got it instead of that overrated sap, Stephen!  Now I wonder if he'll tell Kimmi, Stephen, and Monica about it?  They did agree to share it as an alliance.

Meanwhile, I hate that life is apparently still so good for Terry.  Good thing for him I at least like the rest of Ta Keo.

• Love 9

Savage was quite happy in the end. He was so unhappy with the switch but couldn't have planned he would be on the top. Of course, he is keeping crazy Abi around as a shield. He might go far now.

• Love 3

I couldn't believe they didn't force Varner to explain his signal.   Well they probably did.  I wish we had seen that.

I don't  really care about Peih-Gee.   I just hate that Varner and his smugness survive.

I actually thought at the beginning that Terry would leave given how over the top cocky his confessionals were being.

Love Tasha.

Edited by vb68
  • Love 7

I fear Abi is going to be the person that everyone wants to take to the end because no one will vote for her.

I can't believe that they voted PG out over her, she does little at camp and adds little to the challenges.

I so wanted her and her precious bracelet to be gone!

• Love 7

All Peih-Gee needed to do is reel in her dislike of Abi and she'd have survived to see another day. All the focus at that time was on Varner.

Well done Tasha on spotting the tension and exploiting it to her advantage.

• Love 14

Oh, show.  Thank you for showing the pretty scenery and the cute monkey and the beautiful cat.  You know what would also be nice?  If you DIDN'T show a poor little animal about to get its neck snapped.

Finally, Monica has a role in this season's narrative - and it's not even happening while she's on the tribe.

• Love 9

Abi's been the undoing of two people now in this game.  Have to say I give her credit there.

I hope we get more water challenges down the road.  A lot of seasons had great water related ones, and that is one thing I've missed in the last few seasons.

• Love 2

It looked to me like Varner said "keeping Monica", then just before Tasha jumped in front of him he mouthed "four".  I haven't paid attention to the teams, so I'm not sure what that meant. Monica?

I hate when they change things up and put one team at a great disadvantage for no good reason.  They could have at least made them compete for the better camps instead of just randomly screwing a whole team.

• Love 5

He was telling her to target Monica.

Why?  I seriously don't get it.  How was Monica (a) a threat to Jeff and Wiglesworth or (b) an advantage to vote off?  I like the fact that Jeff and Kelly may be working together but he just may have sabotaged her, and of course screwed himself--maybe.

• Love 2

Then why, all of sudden split into three tribes?    It seemed Spencer was doomed if stayed at two tribes.

I don't think it was an impulse move. It would be hard to print up new buffs, wrap them in those packages, and gather an extra set of carts, puzzles, and other challenge equipment, for who knows how many episodes in just a day or two.

• Love 10