Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Why would Sam care about anything going with Nik after everything he did to her and her son? He was up in that rooftop before he fell still defending Liz and asking Jason why he would want to try to reconnect with Sam? 

I am sorry but Sam giving zero fucks about Nik serves him right. 

I only want her to give a shit about him if/when she decides to pull his life apart. 

So, he fell off a building. He's not going to end up in a wheelchair cause Sonny is using the only wheelchair on the GH set - therefore Operation: Burn Wyndemere to the Ground should still be a go

I don't know how Billy got through that scene where he told the boys he wasn't staying.  The kid that plays Aidan had his hand on his shoulder the whole time and at one point looked like he was tapping out a song or something.  Really cute.

Aiden is the best. 

So he wasn't planning on seeing his son for Christmas? The son that he is so mad at Liz for keeping him from? He hasn't spent any time with Danny since being so outraged that Liz hurt Sam and Danny.

I thought he was actually being a decent person? He's going to be in Danny's life for the rest of his life but not in Cam/Jake/Aiden's - at least not the way they thought. It's nice that they addressed it. That's not a scene I thought we'd see

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6

I just watched all the Scorpio scenes from 12/22. I really liked them. I thought they were pretty good and I kinda loved that Patrick just wouldn't stop touching Robin. I just...the difference between that and Samtrick was pretty glaring and I appreciate that at least this time they didn't try to pretend there was ever going to be any uncertainty about who/what Patrick wanted

I'm SO grateful we don't have to sit through another unbelievably stupid Patrick Must Make A Choice storyline. Because, I'm sorry, there will never be anything that will make me believe that Patrick would choose anyone other than Robin. And we can partly blame JT for that because I have not once seen his character look/act as in love with anyone as much as he loves Robin. It's the little things. I'm now convinced Patrick/Robin could go 10 years without seeing each other and I'd still believe in their love.

• Love 9

On this dumb show, a 9 story fall is nothing, after all both Jerry and Heather fell off the 12 story hospital roof and survived.

Didn't Jerry fall off the MetroCourt balcony - same as Nik? Only reason I remember is because Patrick and Sobby were supposed to have their wedding reception there and Carly kept screeching about all the people about to arrive.

• Love 1

Jake: Is Dad coming home?

Liz: Well, I lied to him about who he was, I kept him from his wife and other son and mother and friends, I tried to marry him under false pretenses, I encouraged his wife to marry someone else, I was going to let him believe that he was your stepdad and not your real dad, and since he's found out, I've shown no remorse whatsoever ... but maybe!

Valerie: I really want to be a cop.

Dante: You will be.

Valerie: See! Every time we're together, we have this amazing connection! I say something and then you say something. I like football and you like football. I like BLTs and you like BLTs WHERE DO YOU SEE THIS RELATIONSHIP GOING ANSWER ME.

I just hope Pathetic Liz and Pitiful Valerie are never interested in the same man. That level of desperation could reverse the earth's rotation or open a giant sinkhole or something.

LMAO. Perfect. Except I'd like to add one bit to Val's dialogue.

Valerie: But I'm not trying to pressure you, Dante. LOVE ME DAMMIT! But, seriously, no pressure.

• Love 6

For my thoughts on today's ep see ulkis' post.

I don't know how Billy got through that scene where he told the boys he wasn't staying.  The kid that plays Aidan had his hand on his shoulder the whole time and at one point looked like he was tapping out a song or something.  Really cute.

This was without a doubt the best part of the episode. Aiden is adorable. But tbh I like all of Liz's boys. I'm inexplicably fond of Cam and I get the biggest kick out of Jake. And one of the few times I can actually enjoy Liz is when she's around her kids.

The linking of the story of Christmas/Jesus to Jason was a bit much. Did Guza sneak back in for this ep?

I could say more but like really who cares.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

Every crime and misdeed committed by every other character in the history of the show is the reason why Lizard Liez did what she did. Ugh EVERYONE IS OUT TO GET LIEZ AND TAKE AWAY HER HAPPINESS PLEASE STOP JUDGING HER OMG CRYING.

Audrey should do it.

Or Liz, their mother, should do it. Those boys adore her and it was nice to see her with them today.

And did I miss where Saint Sam's misdeeds against Liz aren't allowed to be brought up? The show might act like they never happened, but they did, and they are a huge part of liz and Sam's history.

Edited by MissE
  • Love 3

when Jake banged his fist on the table I thought of you! I was like this is the soap angels' gift to peach.

It honestly did feel like a Christmas present to me. I don't wanna thank FV and co. for anything, but I do feel like I should thank them for that gloriousness.

• Love 2

I can't remember how to ignore. Does anyone remember where I can go to find out or how you ignore poaters.

Thanks

Posting this publicly in case anyone else is wondering. At the top of the page, next to the notification bell icon, there's the little person icon. Click that and then My Settings. On the left-hand side, you'll see a list of options, one of them being Ignore Prefs. Click that, and there will be a box to enter usernames. Then hit the save button and you're good to go.

• Love 1
First off, I didn't think there was anything wrong or eye roll worthy regarding Liz trying to staunch Nik's bleeding, and yelling for help at the same time. I think I read someone posting why didn't she just call 911. Well, she did. She yelled, put her shawl underneath his neck, pressed it against his wound, AND called 911. And being a surgical nurse, would know a thing or two about nicked arteries.  And this shouldn't be considered something that should be considered a step toward her redemption, because this is what she does.

I would have no problems with Liz using her nursing skills to save Nik being the turning point towards her redemption.  Firstly, because a character attaining redemption through a sudden heroic act is a classic storytelling trope.  Secondly, anything that brings this horrible Liz-as-psycho-lying-Evilest-Evil-That-Ever-Eviled bullshit to an end is tops in my book.

The Liz/Jake stocking thing is how the Jake return SHOULD have been written all along.  That felt genuine and wasn't just glossed over like his entire return has been.

It's nice to see scenes where Liz is presented as a human being rather than some cartoon villain.

Loved the Sam/Kristina stuff.  Sam knows her sister well and knows 100% that she is hiding something.

I love Sam in big sister mode.  KeMo has great actor chemistry with both young ladies playing her sisters.

Merry Christmas everybody!

• Love 6

I would have no problems with Liz using her nursing skills to save Nik being the turning point towards her redemption.  Firstly, because a character attaining redemption through a sudden heroic act is a classic storytelling trope.  Secondly, anything that brings this horrible Liz-as-psycho-lying-Evilest-Evil-That-Ever-Eviled bullshit to an end is tops in my book.

Well, if doing a heroic act is the way to go to redemption, it would have been better, for the lack of a better word, if she had saved someone else, like, say Hayden. Because Nik is her co-conspirator in this 'Jake is really Jason' secret. Plus, Nik's her oldest friend, etc.  Know what I mean?

• Love 9

This is the first time I enjoyed the Robin & family scenes today. Very short scenes, though. They really are stretching those 2 days of filming as much as they can.

Just 1 complaint...  STOP APOLOGIZING ROBIN!!! Girl, really, it's not your fault!

• Love 6

Constantly embarrassed for Val now. She' so gullible. Since when does anyone walk up to a cop on duty and ask him/her for change? And the officer gives it up? And kissing another cop in public on the job is so dumb and against common sense that I just can't picture it! Val has not received the proper training; or if she has then she is deliberately ignoring what she has been taught. Or perhaps she is so needy for human companionship (since her mother's death) that she takes chances.

It was good to see Kiki soften her attitude toward Ava and ask to bring the baby to say hi to Sonny on Christmas Eve. But I deplore the cozy Corinthos family scenes that they are pushing down our throats (for example, at Thanksgiving and now Christmas Eve).

Reunited scrubs Patrick and Robin seem awkward to me, like strangers. Maybe that is true to life, since they have been separated so long, and he has had relationships with others.I think Patrick is still jealous of her accomplishments. But Robin was a little too convincing when she turned Patrick and Emma down every time with vague excuses.

Sam's low energy attitude might work, because she doesn't seem to be pressuring Jason. Is the star necklace that he gave her a representation of the Jewish Star of David?

I think Anna's Giant House (which I am not begrudging for the record, even if it is also AMC's L.A. Chandler mansion) has been on a number of times.

It was only on maybe two episodes. :( You know nothing Jon Snow jsbt.

• Love 1

How much longer is Morgan going to whine about his meds? It would be nice if he recognized that while they make him feel sluggish or whatever, they're also vital for his well-being.

Avery was the episode champ. "Uh-oh!" And the look she gave Sonny at the house was priceless. "I'm not here because I want to be, Dad." Aiden with his hand on Jason's shoulder was runner-up. So cute!

Anna was an über-sexy Mrs. Claus. Yowza.

Is Georgie still being played by Harper Barash? She's adorable, and she's looking a lot like Brandon these days.

I'm glad Patrick FINALLY said he'd never stopped loving Robin. I'm not sure how convincing he was, but at least he said it.

Merry Christmas (or happy day off) to everyone!

• Love 8

It was only on maybe two episodes. :( You know nothing Jon Snow jsbt.

It made an impression! Go to sleep!

I can hear Frank now. "Look, you negotiated for Anna to have a house. But there's nothing in your contract that says we have to show it more than once. [looks to his left] Can you get those abs to glisten a bit more? [back to Finola] Are we done, Fiona?"

And I'd love to wish everyone a very Merry Holiday and lots of love and joy today. Being a Scorpio fan, I know my GH-time is limited, so I only have 2 and 1/2 seconds to say "Merry Chr...."

[cut to]

Morgan:  Let me explain the history of the selfie stick!!!

• Love 15

Is the star necklace that he gave her a representation of the Jewish Star of David?

No, why would it be?  Neither of them are Jewish.  It's just a regular star.  5 points, not 6.

Is Georgie still being played by Harper Barash? She's adorable, and she's looking a lot like Brandon these days.

It would be a cute nod if they had Maxie, Spin, Johnny and Georgie in a scene together where Spin looks at Georgie and back at Johnny....and goes "Maxie is there something you want to tell me??"   She really does look like Brandon.  So cute.

• Love 3

Merry Christmas, everyone!

I thought there was supposed to be a new episode today, but basketball is on instead.

Russel Westbrook, Derek Rose, LeBron James, and Stephen Curry held a special joint press conference and announced that they all agree on one thing and one thing only: Sonny is a good man who loves his children. Edited by Tiger
  • Love 17

Is the star necklace that he gave her a representation of the Jewish Star of David?

From Wikipedia: "A recurring theme that has occurred several times in Jason and Sam's romance is the appearance of stars. The theme of the stars first appeared on November 19, 2004 after Sam's daughter was stillborn. Jason and Sam were grieving for her and started talking about heaven. Jason said that when he is near the ocean, he feels like he is a part of something "bigger than himself." Sam replied that for her it was the stars.

Sam: For me it's the stars. Just looking up in the sky and feeling just small and important at the same time, scared, yet happy to be a part of it. Do you think there are stars in heaven? Jason: I think there's everything you'd want for the baby -- love, you know, security, happiness, and stars.

Stars next appeared on April 20, 2005. Sam and Jason were in Italy looking for Michael and stopped to gaze at a shooting star. Jason promised Sam that he would bring her back to Italy to spend time together. The star gazing later inspired Jason to buy Sam a star shaped necklace, which became a tangible item of the theme of stars in their relationship. Jason later gifted Sam with the star necklace on May 11, 2005 and Sam wore the necklace daily."

It was also a cheap trinket they sold on "Shop the Soaps".  Although I think the current necklace, much like Jason, looks different. :)

• Love 2

Probably-not-so-shocking-confession: I actually liked Dante again yesterday. Him looking at Lulu asking her to stay and then running with Rocco in his arms to take the picture was cute. It was a nice break from the douche who's taken over his body.

• Love 8

From Wikipedia: "A recurring theme that has occurred several times in Jason and Sam's romance is the appearance of stars. The theme of the stars first appeared on November 19, 2004 after Sam's daughter was stillborn. Jason and Sam were grieving for her and started talking about heaven. Jason said that when he is near the ocean, he feels like he is a part of something "bigger than himself." Sam replied that for her it was the stars.

Sam: For me it's the stars. Just looking up in the sky and feeling just small and important at the same time, scared, yet happy to be a part of it. Do you think there are stars in heaven? Jason: I think there's everything you'd want for the baby -- love, you know, security, happiness, and stars.

Stars next appeared on April 20, 2005. Sam and Jason were in Italy looking for Michael and stopped to gaze at a shooting star. Jason promised Sam that he would bring her back to Italy to spend time together. The star gazing later inspired Jason to buy Sam a star shaped necklace, which became a tangible item of the theme of stars in their relationship. Jason later gifted Sam with the star necklace on May 11, 2005 and Sam wore the necklace daily."

It was also a cheap trinket they sold on "Shop the Soaps".  Although I think the current necklace, much like Jason, looks different. :)

I have never read that before, it's interesting.

The star necklace is actually the first one he gave her IIRC....and that one was dumped into a mop bucket at GH.   I think He gifted her another one later on....I am fuzzy on the details though.  But she gave the necklace  back to him when they broke up after the Liason/Sic stuff happened.  Maybe someone with a better JaSam memory can verify or add to it.  I 'think' there may have been a second version out there somewhere, but I don't remember.  I know he also gave her a compass necklace so they could always "find their way back to each other"

Edited by mybabyaidan
  • Love 1

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate, hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

I've been away from the board and the show so I'm not caught up in this thread yet. I've been so loathe to catch up on the show though, that I challenge those of you who know who I like and who I don't like to come up with just one thing that I will want to see or a reason for me to tune in the last four episodes. I doubt you will be able to do it, but hey I'm willing to give it a shot. Most of what I've read on Twitter and in summary is making me rage.

Good luck.

• Love 2

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate, hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

I've been away from the board and the show so I'm not caught up in this thread yet. I've been so loathe to catch up on the show though, that I challenge those of you who know who I like and who I don't like to come up with just one thing that I will want to see or a reason for me to tune in the last four episodes. I doubt you will be able to do it, but hey I'm willing to give it a shot. Most of what I've read on Twitter and in summary is making me rage.

Good luck.

I think you'd like Thursday's Kiki/Ava scenes; just stop after Kiki asks Ava for a favor (which was Kiki bringing Avery to Greyballs).

Plus, Jake slamming his fist was classic UCG. Oh, and I think you might like the Sam/Kristina stuff too.

• Love 6

I think you'd like Thursday's Kiki/Ava scenes; just stop after Kiki asks Ava for a favor (which was Kiki bringing Avery to Greyballs).

Plus, Jake slamming his fist was classic UCG. Oh, and I think you might like the Sam/Kristina stuff too.

Yeah, that was most definitely a large part of my rage. I'm afraid I might break things over it. I do need to see Ava with Avery though, hell it unfortunately might be for the last time ever.

And some of the other part of my rage is the frustration I feel with this Jason story lasting into oblivion. And also rage at myself for even wanting Jasam to get back together, but since I know it will make Sam happy I do it for her. And BM is still an upgrade from SBu.

Thanks ulkis, now that I have the next 9 days off with my only firm plans being a hair appointment on Tuesday, I certainly can't say that I don't have the time to catch up, just the motivation.

• Love 3

And some of the other part of my rage is the frustration I feel with this Jason story lasting into oblivion. And also rage at myself for even wanting Jasam to get back together, but since I know it will make Sam happy I do it for her. And BM is still an upgrade from SBu.

I truly hate myself for sorta kinda liking Jasam again. But KeMo/Sam just lights up around BM/Jason and it's really cute, dammit!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3

When Emma is telling Robin about Samtrick breaking up, Patrick starts smiling and looks like he's going to bust out laughing. JT has no chill on his last days. HAHAHAHA. Y'all need to check it out. I am ded.

I'm here to testify that this indeed happens. I'm not a Robin & Patrick shipper and I saw it. It was hilarious. I love it when actors use their last days on the set to openly roll their eyes while still delivering what their fans want. Solid gold.

I'm also here to testify as someone who thinks the only good Jason is a dead Jason (and therefore hates all his pairings) that BM actually brought some game to his scenes with Sam. KeMo played Sam as if she a) has recovered from carbon monoxide poisoning and b) would laugh her ass off at anyone who did a craft project to accept a marriage proposal. It was nice to see.

It was a palate cleanser from Kristina telling Sam she's "a Davis and that's what we do." Since "what we do" wasn't commit, aid and abet illegal acts while acting all superior to the entire town I wasn't buying it and then there's the fact that they are CASSADINES. Act like it. Also, I still hate Alexis. (Newsflash, right?)

Kiki looked cute dressed as an elf. It's a shame I want her dead now.

Edited by JaneDigby
  • Love 8

Why does Kristina look different now? I can't put my finger on it. Anyway, Molly is getting really pretty and less annoying since her voice has changed somewhat. Are they recasting TJ? I mean he's left the show, right? If not, there is no teen boy for her to date. Unless, they SORAS one of Elizabeth's little boys. Wait! Is that possible? Is Molly related to Elizabeth kids in any way? That wouldn't stop a soap anyway but ewwwwwww!

Why does Kristina look different now? I can't put my finger on it. Anyway, Molly is getting really pretty and less annoying since her voice has changed somewhat. Are they recasting TJ? I mean he's left the show, right? If not, there is no teen boy for her to date. Unless, they SORAS one of Elizabeth's little boys. Wait! Is that possible? Is Molly related to Elizabeth kids in any way? That wouldn't stop a soap anyway but ewwwwwww!

No, miraculously, none of Liz's kids are related to Molly.

Kristina may look different because of the giant bamboozalas she purchased while she was away from the show, and also her hair is lighter and she got tanner.

• Love 3

I am so glad that Joss is with Jax and is spared the Corinthos family Christmas fest of adoring Sonny.

GH: Espionage and, even line-less, Ellie were fantastic; the rest sucked Donkey balls. Though I will admit I laughed at Carly's face when she said Joss would rather spend Christmas with her dad.

When they next age Joss, she ought to have an Aussie accent.  She spends most of her time there with Jax.

• Love 2

Does FV hate Ingo and/or Jax? It seems everyone gets invited back except him. I always thought Jax should have been with the whole Morgan & bipolar storyline.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1

Can I say how disgusted I was by the Sonny/Jason scene at the jail cell. Sonny gives him a gift from Snarly, Sonny pulls strings to get him on bail, Sonny tells him he is family. They paid money for India.Arie, but couldn't be bothered to have Monica swapped out for Sonny and his moral cancer. Don't tell me if there is an opportunity, Monica wouldn't try everything to get herself into Jason's good graces to get him away from Sonny and Carly's influence, especially since the betrayal from Michael when he started calling Sonny "Dad" again.

• Love 6

Does FV hate Ingo and/or Jax? It seems everyone gets invited back except him. I always thought Jax should have been with the whole Morgan & bipolar storyline.

Agreed.  He risked Sonny coming at him again when he came back for Michael (when Abby the Strooker died).  He was closer to Morgan.  He should be here.  Although...Dante was the last decent male on the show, and look what's been done to him.  God knows what they'd do to Jax.  He'd probably fall for Nina.  

Edited by KerleyQ
  • Love 6

Well, if doing a heroic act is the way to go to redemption, it would have been better, for the lack of a better word, if she had saved someone else, like, say Hayden. Because Nik is her co-conspirator in this 'Jake is really Jason' secret. Plus, Nik's her oldest friend, etc.  Know what I mean?

If I had my way, it would have been Danny who suffered the medical emergency, and Liz uses her medical skills to save him.  But I am like the Scrubs fans at this point - I don't care how slapped-together, half-assed, and badly written the redemption is, I just want Liz to get it and for her involvement in Jasam to be OVER.

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 5

The ELQ takeover story needed AJ and/or Michael. It lost a lot of the urgency when Michael crawled back to Sonny.  ELQ is a family business and for all intents and purposes the only Quartermaine in PC is Tracy. The story never made much sense but it's also been backburnered into irrelevance  

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1

At least, Tracey isn't blind to Paul anymore. Although, it looks like he will prevent her from making his affair with Ava public. I'm glad to see she isn't being duped by another man again. And, oh yeah, Maxie's hair looks god awful. She should never ever braid her hair. It's not a good look.

• Love 1

All caught up on the show and this thread. I'm pretty sure that the only thing I liked in the last four episodes was Molly's bitchface to Liz and the .28 seconds of Ellie. Everything else was either dreck, gross, boring or tripe.

I could rant a million years and I won't bore you all but I cannot understand how they cannot write a decent story for someone with Maura's talent. This (her and Paul) is not what I want to see for her. And I wish that Kiki didn't exist and it was just her and Avery, and she could keep her away from Sonny and the entire klan forever.

I hate that Valerie and I have the same New Year's Eve plans, and that she is making it sound even more lame than it actually is. Please show, I know that the Mouse also owns ESPN, but that entire forced dialogue about how she wants to watch the Cotton Bowl, and the Orange Bowl, and even having a crush on Kirk Herbstreit like I sort of do, just no. Staaaaap. And get the hell out of my head.

The hilarity of Nikolas going over the roof is tempered by the fact that I'm still waiting for Sam to tell him off and Hayden acting like a crazy person over him. I'm with Tee Vee, girl get on with your plan.

Joss wanting to spend Christmas with Jax instead of Carly gives me life. Hated every single second of every Corinthos family scene. And I know I yelled out loud at my screen with the lovey dovey gushy Carson scenes. GROSS.

Kind of feel let down by the Scorpio espionage re-do, but at least Robin isn't kidnapped anymore, Emma has her mom and we finally have an end to this story. And yes, Anna is hot as Mrs. Claus. Very tempted to go see FH when she comes here to my city in April. But ugh, the group she's coming with sucks.

Oh, speaking of meeting soap stars, apparently I have completely forgotten that I met RB. Back when he was doing 24, a show I was obsessed with, I went to LA for a convention of multiple stars from that show. I was desperately looking for my Scotch tape to finish my wrapping the other night, and I ran across some pictures. Lo and behold, there was one of me with him from that convention. And he has his arm around me. Strange that I just completely forgot all about it.

• Love 3

Still don't understand exactly what about Liz's bitchface is enjoyable, because all it does for me me is makes me want someone to punch the unrepentant bitch Lizzie in the face with no possible reason for anyone to give her a break, since Lucky was storyline-blackmailed into because anyone OTHER than Lizzie must be the bad guy.

• Love 1

I didn't hate that Sam has her star necklace back or that Jason remembered giving it to her. I know, I know. Jason should still be dead, but if he isn't, I want Sam happy. And they're really kind of cute together.

• Love 11