Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Is Patrick actually hurt though? He's been saying that he doesn't regret a single second him and Sam spent together, and now he has Robin back, and Emma is happy as a clam.

Look, I certainly don't think Liz was right for lying, and I wish she had never been involved in this story, but all these people that she supposedly hurt seem to be doing ok. Its not like Liz and Michael have some deep relationship. They only barely shared scenes when her and AJ were together. I just can't get worked up over people she has no relationship with, being hurt, and I can't get all worked up over people being hurt, when they look pretty happy to me onscreen.

Taking my response to the Liz thread.

The place where the Regina/Liz parallel breaks down is that Regina has apologized to the people she hurt (granted she did a hell of a lot more damage) but she's also actively trying to make amends.

I won't get too in depth with this because it's not the right board, but to say my Regina hate far outweighs my Liz hate is an understatement. I honestly don't remember Regina giving any heartfelt apologies to Snow or Charming and given, like Liz, she said she doesn't regret anything she ever did, I find any apology of her meaningless as well as the shows half-ass attempts to show her making amends.

I honestly didn't have any problems with the Samtrick scenes, especially the final scene because like people have said it felt like a final goodbye between Jt and KeMo, which probably means they won't have anymore scenes together and the rest of Patrick's time will be Scrubs related. So, yeah, Sam monopolized him today but Scrubs are getting their happy ending so I don't get the big deal.

I saw the significance of the camera angles, Sam lingering at the door, and Patrick crying and all that as just emphasizing that while these two are in love with other people more, they did love each other and were happy together and are sad that it's over. They can be sad over the relationship ending without that diminishing either's love of Robin or Jason.

• Love 8

Exactly. I hate hate hate Luke but those final Luke/Lucky scenes I adored because of the real life history/relationship JJ/TG have. Luke was a crap father but the dialogue in the scenes was basically JJ/TG talking to each other not the characters.

..."the real life history/relationship JJ/TG have....JJ/TG talking to each other not the characters".

OMG. I wasn't watching GH during that period, but I am appalled and feel sorry for anyone who is said to have tried to have a real life history/relationship with the bloated EGO that was TG. He used his influence to manipulate storylines and characters for decades to get himself what he thought were juicy stories that would lead again and again to meaningless public awards for himself. With a massive ego like that to cater to, how could another personality stand a chance--unless JJ hoped to absorb some of TG's reflected self-glorification and empty success?

• Love 2

I saw the significance of the camera angles, Sam lingering at the door, and Patrick crying and all that as just emphasizing that while these two are in love with other people more, they did love each other and were happy together and are sad that it's over. They can be sad over the relationship ending without that diminishing either's love of Robin or Jason.

I don't think Patrick should be romantically with Robin if he is still presently sad about his relationship with Sam ending or misses Sam romantically or misses their insta-family. He should not still be crying over the lost relationship if he wants to be with Robin. She doesn't deserve to have half of a man's love. That's where I'm at with it.

Sam is a different story. She's not with Jason about to remarry him. So she can be all sad all day long.

• Love 4

When retelling the story of amnesiac Jake(son) moving in with her and falling in love with him, Liz conveniently left out the part where she rejected Jake(son) for Ric and dated Ric for a while.  She also left out the part where her relationship with Jake(son) didn't begin until AFTER she knew the truth.

But:

Liez had to leave out those inconvenient truths or else Robin would have turned against her and tried to take away her happiness. Liez couldn't risk Robin becoming yet another person in a long line of people who are out to destroy her. 

She has to protect her kids and make sure they're happy.

She deserves Jason.

She was protecting Jason.

Everyone else is bad so why shouldn't she join the dark side?

She doesn't care if you judge her.

Please don't judge her.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 11

It's amazing to me that Robin was brought back to apologize and thank people. Sam gave no fucks that Robin left to save Jason. Liz gives no fucks that Robin left to save Jason. #ThisIsFranksGH

I don't remember anyone telling Liz why Robin left town.  Patrick told Sam and Carly about not dead Jason.

• Love 2

Yeah, Robin basically only knows that Liz fell in love with Jake Doe, later found out about Jason, and then told the lie to keep him away from Carly. I don't blame Robin for just buying that.

I don't remember anyone telling Liz why Robin left town. Patrick told Sam and Carly about not dead Jason.

I don't have a clip or a date, but I remember Patrick/Liz talking about Robin and the clinic. But, alas, can't point to anything concrete. Just my memory.

Edited by HeatLifer

Yeah Robin had a doctor's appointment, but I felt like both KeMo and KMc played it like both characters felt extremely awkward and that KMc was showing that Robin just wanted to get away from the reminder right there in front of her that Patrick had been playing house (in her home) with Jason's wife. She's no more comfortable around Sam now (after she's been sleeping with Patrick) than she was around Sabrina. The two women can't really talk about Robin saving Jason and then being a long-term prisoner because really, no writer is going to give St. Sam this dialogue: "Well, thanks for saving my husband, while I banged your ex, because we were both too stupid and uninterested to go looking for real answers about our spouses in the last year plus."

This!  There is no way that St. Sam's halo will be tarnished...RME!

• Love 2

Taking my response to the Liz thread.

I won't get too in depth with this because it's not the right board, but to say my Regina hate far outweighs my Liz hate is an understatement. I honestly don't remember Regina giving any heartfelt apologies to Snow or Charming and given, like Liz, she said she doesn't regret anything she ever did, I find any apology of her meaningless as well as the shows half-ass attempts to show her making amends.

I honestly didn't have any problems with the Samtrick scenes, especially the final scene because like people have said it felt like a final goodbye between Jt and KeMo, which probably means they won't have anymore scenes together and the rest of Patrick's time will be Scrubs related. So, yeah, Sam monopolized him today but Scrubs are getting their happy ending so I don't get the big deal.

I seriously doubt that Scrubs. or more importantly Robin, will get the amount of screentime with Patrick that Sam has gotten with these goodbyes. Nor will she get the same emotion and love from Patrick. He made it clear today, that Saint Sam is who he really wants, and no one will ever win over the Saint of PC.

• Love 1

So I watched some of the Robin stuff from today and...

1) I fully believe in the power of a Mac hug.  I dunno why the show couldn't spare two seconds to let us see him and Robin hug instead of just hearing Robin talk about how awesome they are.

2) Sam's entrance into the house was weird.  She said she didn't think Patrick was there, but was already saying "Hey" when she let herself in before she saw Robin.  And then she apologized for barging in as she shut the door and moved further into the house.  You could have still had her been surprised by Robin being there if she had knocked and either Patrick or Robin had answered the door.

3) When retelling the story of amnesiac Jake(son) moving in with her and falling in love with him, Liz conveniently left out the part where she rejected Jake(son) for Ric and dated Ric for a while.  She also left out the part where her relationship with Jake(son) didn't begin until AFTER she knew the truth.

The writer's obviously left a lot of dialogue out between Liz and Robin, otherwise Liz would have been told the reason why Robin was NOT in Paris and saved Jason's behind.

Lol. Liz isn't evil. But I liked Liz for a long time. And Real Liz, in character, would feel bad.

BH talked about the OCC writing for Liz in the last SOD and how she just had to go with the story and give it a her all.

• Love 1
He made it clear today, that Saint Sam is who he really wants, and no one will ever win over the Saint of PC.

I think what Patrick reinforced yet again today is that Patrick comes first for Patrick.  Just like when Robin came back from the dead, he is focused on what he has been through and what he has been doing while Robin was in captivity.  Only thing that has changed is the person he was with.  Sam instead of Sabrina.  Still he was all about what he had been up to this past year and still didn't seem to give a hoot in Hades about what Robin had been through.  If he had he would have insisted on going to the doctor with her.  Instead he needed yet another round of closure with his the woman he almost married while Robin was gone.  

Today was like a condensed version of that month he spent after Robin returned from the dead whining about how hard all of this was.

Edited by camussie
  • Love 2
Danny was perfectly fine, and had 2 different "daddies" after Jason died. I just don't care about any of these people, so I'm glad Liz doesn't care about them.

Danny has only ever had 1 daddy.  Jason.  Sam has made that perfectly clear a million times.  

I thought the last scene was more KeMo/JT saying goodbye than Samtrick. Hence the tears and sadness. I liked it actually. *shrugs* Then again I never hated them together. I just thought the writing for them as a couple sucked. I always enjoyed their friendship.

I thought that last scene was lovely.  I just read Jason's exit interview with Fairman where he talked about his last scene with Kelly and how it was emotional and she hugged him after.  (I don't have the link I read it on my ipad)  So it was definitely more of the 2 actors saying goodbye to each other.

Oh, it just occured to me: did we see Steve Burton's Jason give Sam that star necklace? Because if so, I don't see why they couldn't have aired the original scene, because you know, Jason has Billy Miller's face NOW and had Steve Burton's face back then, as the pictures of Jason still hanging around as proof.

Sooo, if, and I know it's a BIG IF, they have Jason remembering Robin, they damn well as fuck show the original scenes.  Because the reason why no one recognized Billy Miller's Jason as their Jason was because he had a DIFFERENT FACE.

Ahem.

Carry on.

Yeah, Steve Burton's Jason gave her the necklace onscreen.  But that's how all of Jason's Sam flashbacks have been....Billy and Kelly have recreated them all.  The one of them in bed, the ring stuff, them on the couch kissing, the motorcycle ride.....so this flashback wasn't a new thing. 

I am not going to reiterate more of what was said today, because at this point it's just beating a dead horse.   But I continue to be baffled by how royally these writers have fucked up this entire reveal nonsense.  And this is coming from a Sam fan, but that line today with Patrick basically saying it was all Sam's doing for Robin being rescued?  WTF WAS that?  Really?  So so dumb.

• Love 9

..."the real life history/relationship JJ/TG have....JJ/TG talking to each other not the characters".

OMG. I wasn't watching GH during that period, but I am appalled and feel sorry for anyone who is said to have tried to have a real life history/relationship with the bloated EGO that was TG. He used his influence to manipulate storylines and characters for decades to get himself what he thought were juicy stories that would lead again and again to meaningless public awards for himself. With a massive ego like that to cater to, how could another personality stand a chance--unless JJ hoped to absorb some of TG's reflected self-glorification and empty success?

most of the cast of GH seem to genuinely love him.

• Love 1

I think what Patrick reinforced yet again today is that Patrick comes first for Patrick. Just like when Robin came back from the dead, he is focused on what he has been through and what he has been doing while Robin was in captivity. Only thing that has changed is the person he was with. Sam instead of Sabrina. Still he was all about what he had been up to this past year and still didn't seem to give a hoot in Hades about what Robin had been through. If he had he would have insisted on going to the doctor with her. Instead he needed yet another round of closure with his the woman he almost married while Robin was gone.

Today was like a condensed version of that month he spent after Robin returned from the dead whining about how hard all of this was.

It's crazy how true this continues to be. It's all about Patrick. And, of course, how Patrick treated Sam. How much he loved Sam and their family. How he fought for Sam.

Meanwhile, Robin was tortured, threatened, chained to a wall, guns pointed to her face for a year.

Has Patrick even said that he missed HER? How she's doing? Feeling?

Those are rhetorical questions.

But let those tears flow over Sammy!

• Love 5
but that line today with Patrick basically saying it was all Sam's doing for Robin being rescued?

The hell?! I choose to believe he meant Emma, not Sam. And this all doesn't sound like it is in service for Patrick to me, but Sam. Which, at this point, is not a shock.

Robin hugging Liz shouldn't be surprising, because this was her reaction to Maxie telling her (during commercial break) in 2013 about lying during pregnancy and then lying after the birth that baby Georgie was Dante and Lulu's: "it sounds like you did it because you love so much - your heart was in the right place." (Keep in mind,Robin has cared about Lulu/Spencer Family for a very long time - it's not like Maxie's family but Lulu's a stranger.) Then she made Maxie promise she would not hurt herself. Elizabeth is Robin's friend, Maxie is Robin's cousin via marriage, so Robin won't condemn their actions as heinous. She has also always seen Jason through rose-colored glasses. That's just who Robin is; I chalk it up partly to her seeing only the best in the parents who perpetually abandoned her. 

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 3

Danny has only ever had 1 daddy.  Jason.  Sam has made that perfectly clear a million times.  

I thought that last scene was lovely.  I just read Jason's exit interview with Fairman where he talked about his last scene with Kelly and how it was emotional and she hugged him after.  (I don't have the link I read it on my ipad)  So it was definitely more of the 2 actors saying goodbye to each other.

Yeah, Steve Burton's Jason gave her the necklace onscreen.  But that's how all of Jason's Sam flashbacks have been....Billy and Kelly have recreated them all.  The one of them in bed, the ring stuff, them on the couch kissing, the motorcycle ride.....so this flashback wasn't a new thing. 

I am not going to reiterate more of what was said today, because at this point it's just beating a dead horse.   But I continue to be baffled by how royally these writers have fucked up this entire reveal nonsense.  And this is coming from a Sam fan, but that line today with Patrick basically saying it was all Sam's doing for Robin being rescued?  WTF WAS that?  Really?  So so dumb.

Tell that to Silas and Patrick, one of whom Danny called Daddy. He might have called Silas daddy too, but I can't remember.

• Love 1

The hell?! I choose to believe he meant Emma, not Sam.

The fact that a writer thought it was OK to basically have Patrick insinuate that if Sam had gotten over Jason, he never would have looked for Robin....just...wow.

4 writers and counting and Scrubs are generally all about Patrick.  How many times did Guza knock Robin out during sweeps so Patrick could be the hero, give a sappy monologue, etc?  Robin's pregnancy (a pregnancy she thought she was impossible for her back in 1995) was focused on Patrick's commitment issues.  Lisa tortured her and it was Patrick who suffered more than anyone.  I just can't with how it is all about Patrick.

• Love 6

So Kelly Monaco asked for Sam to get a new, more sophisticated wardrobe and those pants are what they gave her?  WTF?

She did?

Those pants are actually something you'd see in high fashion but not something a casual dresser like me would pick. It helps my pretense that Maxie is back to being her stylist. 

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 3

I feel this show has reached such a nadir that it can only be served well by adding a silhouette of movie seats, one guy and two robots.

I wish we had a banner with room for a quote, because I'd vote for this.

As it is, if I knew how to photoshop, I'd somehow turn this into a graphic t-shirt.

• Love 3

That's just who Robin is; I chalk it up partly to her seeing only the best in the parents who perpetually abandoned her. 

That might be how the recent writers have been referring to Robin's childhood, but Robin's parents did not perpetually abandon her.   They raised her to age 13 or 14, when Anna was abducted by Faison, Robert tried to save her, and then the WSB turned on both of them.  Anna had amnesia for a million years and nobody knew where she was, and she turned up alive and regained her memory on AMC, after Robin was already an adult.  The story they created when bringing Robert back in 2006 was that the WSB had virtually imprisoned him and forced him to become an agent again for all that time, not allowing him to contact his family.

Yes, I know it's all idiocy.  But Robert and Anna did NOT abandon their kid.  They loved Robin more than anything -- and the writers who don't get that (or are apparently confused and seem to think Anna is Patrick's mother half the time from the lines they give her) can really just fuck off.  

It's bad enough that the characters have all been turned into shitty creatures now.  I'm tired of the writers trying to shit all over the past and retcon the 80s stuff, when the characters were allowed to be decent humans, and parents struggling to balance a dangerous career with a child, and to even be happy once in a while.    Robert and Anna were not perfect parents by any means.  But they did not abandon their kid.   

• Love 9

Tell that to Silas and Patrick, one of whom Danny called Daddy. He might have called Silas daddy too, but I can't remember.

He never called Silas daddy.  And he called Patrick daddy once and Sam immediately shut it down and corrected him.  Yeah, Patrick would have been his stepfather, but Sam always made sure Danny knew who his real father was.

• Love 8

To be fair they didn't raise her for the 7 years of her life either because Robert didn't know about her and Anna was protecting her from Faison.  She turned 7 shortly after she showed up on Robert's doorstep in 1985.  After that there was Anna deciding she was going to go into witness protection with Duke and making a 9 or 10 year decide whether to come with them and never see her dad again or stay with her dad and never see her mom again.  Then there was the explosion when she was around 13.

Edited by camussie
  • Love 1

It's crazy how true this continues to be. It's all about Patrick. And, of course, how Patrick treated Sam. How much he loved Sam and their family. How he fought for Sam.

Meanwhile, Robin was tortured, threatened, chained to a wall, guns pointed to her face for a year.

Has Patrick even said that he missed HER? How she's doing? Feeling?

Those are rhetorical questions.

But let those tears flow over Sammy!

This is why I'm ready for this shit to end. Everything thing about this is half assed. When is the last air date for KMc. I'm ready for my girl to leave and I hope KMc doesn't cone back (unless it's the last episode ever).

They keep saying it's good, we'll they need to get to it because this shit is foul stinking dreck.

How do you not have the time to show a fucking hug between Mac and Robin, yet write Robin showing sympathy to this pathetic passive aggressive bat shit cray cray version of Liz. TIIC can just fuck off.

I'm so done with all this BS. TPTB win! They can have Greenlee, Franco, Neens and Keeks along with the unholy trinity.

• Love 3

Nor will she get the same emotion and love from Patrick. He made it clear today, that Saint Sam is who he really wants, and no one will ever win over the Saint of PC.

According to Scrubs fans JT has never looked at Robin the way he has anyone else and he had plenty of emotion on Tuesday when he saw her in that crypt.

Robin hugging Liz shouldn't be surprising, because this was her reaction to Maxie telling her (during commercial break) in 2013 about lying during pregnancy and then lying after the birth that baby Georgie was Dante and Lulu's: "it sounds like you did it because you love so much - your heart was in the right place." (Keep in min,Robin has cared about Lulu/Spencer Family for a very long time - it's not like Maxie's family but Lulu's a stranger.)

Maxie is Robin's family, Liz is not. Also, what Maxie did was truly wrong, she did do it out of love. Liz's action were purely selfish. And I don't really believe Liz and Robin were truly ever that close, so I don't buy her just blithely sweeping under the rug what she did.

The fact that a writer thought it was OK to basically have Patrick insinuate that if Sam had gotten over Jason, he never would have looked for Robin....just...wow.

I really don't get what is wrong with that. I suppose it stings for Scrubs fans, but for once this isn't them retconning what we saw on-screen. If Sam got over Jason, her and Patrick would still be together. The only reason Patrick went to find Robin, and ended finding out the truth, is because Emma begged him to go to Paris after the Samtrick break-up.

• Love 8
"we were both too stupid and uninterested to go looking for real answers about our spouses in the last year plus."

Isn't that the truth! I'll never understand why they made everyone so passive about looking for Jason's identity. Dr. O did more, even if her motives were so that his hospital bills would be paid.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

I really don't get what is wrong with that. I suppose it stings for Scrubs fans, but for once this isn't them retconning what we saw on-screen. If Sam got over Jason, her and Patrick would still be together. The only reason Patrick went to find Robin, and ended finding out the truth, is because Emma begged him to go to Paris after the Samtrick break-up.

It's not even about it "stinging." I just see no reason why Robin would want to be with this man? He loves someone else, too? And would still be with her if she didn't want to explore Jason? I'm confused with why Scrubs would be a love story here?

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 1

According to Scrubs fans JT has never looked at Robin the way he has anyone else and he had plenty of emotion on Tuesday when he saw her in that crypt.

Maxie is Robin's family, Liz is not. Also, what Maxie did was truly wrong, she did do it out of love. Liz's action were purely selfish. And I don't really believe Liz and Robin were truly ever that close, so I don't buy her just blithely sweeping under the rug what she did.

Because they are essentially saying that he's settling for Robin, when who he really wants is Sam, and its just another excuse for the writers to prop Sam's ass to the high heavens. Patrick wants Sam over Robin, check! Sam is the only reason Robin was rescued, check! Jason isn't worthy of Sam's love, check! I mean, they might as well have a parade for Sam and her sainthood.

• Love 2

Most of Scrubs story has been about how Patrick is settling for Robin.  How many times have we heard what a catch he is and Robin is lucky he loves her despite all of his options?  Given that history, I don't think it was about propping Sam at all.  I think it was about underscoring yet again that the person who matters in the Scrubs' relationship is Patrick. He had to get closure before he is able to move on.  As for Robin?  She just needs to deal with the hell she has been through as quickly as possible because Patrick wants her and she should count her lucky stars he does.  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 5

Most of Scrubs story has been about how Patrick is settling for Robin.  How many times have we heard what a catch he is and Robin is lucky he loves her despite all of his options?  Given that history, I don't think it was about propping Sam at all.  I think it was about underscoring yet again that the person who matters in the Scrubs' relationship is Patrick. He had to get closure before he is able to move on.  As for Robin?  She just needs to deal with the hell she has been through as quickly as possible because Patrick wants her and she should count her lucky stars he does.  

Of course it was about propping Sam. Anytime Sam is on, she's being propped by someone, or someone is kissing her ass. When was the last time Sam did anything wrong, or was wrong about anything, or someone said a cross word to her, and was actually right? Sam is more propped than Sabrina ever was, and that is saying something. Today was a perfect example of that.

• Love 4

It isn't of course because I disagree that it was about propping Sam. I think it was about giving Patrick the closure he needs to be able to move onto Robin.  Meanwhile there is no focus on what Robin has been through.  

As for who wins the propping prize today i think that goes to Liz.  Just once I would love it to go to Robin.  To be fair there was quite a bit of it right after Stone died but that was 20 years ago.

Edited by camussie
  • Love 6

It isn't of course because I disagree that it was about propping Sam. I think it was about giving Patrick the closure he needs to be able to move onto Robin.  Meanwhile there is no focus on what Robin has been through.  

As for who wins the propping prize today i think that goes to Liz.  Just once I would love it to go to Robin.  To be fair there was quite a bit of it right after Stone died but that was 20 years ago.

If that was closure, then these writers don't know what that means. Closure isn't Patrick implying that he would rather be with Sam instead of Robin. closure would be Patrick realizing that he loved Robin all along, and that him and Sam aren't meant to be, and that while their relationship served a purpose, he was glad it was over because now he can be with the woman he really loves.

• Love 3
2) Sam's entrance into the house was weird.  She said she didn't think Patrick was there, but was already saying "Hey" when she let herself in before she saw Robin.  And then she apologized for barging in as she shut the door and moved further into the house.  You could have still had her been surprised by Robin being there if she had knocked and either Patrick or Robin had answered the door.

Good catch.  Having the dialogue contradict the character's actions has been a lazy plot device used by RC and now the current writers. In that instance, they wanted Sam to come in and sit with Patrick alone, but they didn't want her to seem obtrusive.  However, that lazy writing makes the scenes clunky and a bit nonsensical.

I'm giggling that Robin had to leave the scene like she was some interloper/dayplayer and Sam/Patrick were ending their 10-year-long relationship.

And Sam's "sometimes miracles have bad timing!" Really, show!? How dare Jason and Robin bust up the true loves! How dare they!

• Love 2

Sam and Robin were gracious in their exchange. Sam expressed happiness that Robin is back home. When Robin thanked her for taking care of Emma, Sam said it was needed because it was a privilege. There was no probing in those 1 minute scene

I wasn't surprise that rescuing Jason didn't come up between them. Firstly, they didn't seem to want to linger and go on about Robin's abduction, it seems like a taboo subject in all of Robin's interactions, the one with Sam was no unique in that sense. There is also the fact that Sam has been a little less than a peripheral in Jason's return story. She mentioned today, she haven't seen or heard from him in days so it is not like she is in constant contact with the guy. 

Sam was horrified and said she was sorry when she heard what Robin has been true and I am glad neither she nor Patrick made it about Jason. She probably should have had this conversation with Robin but they need to be around each other for more than a few seconds without the awkwardness for that to happen.

I hope there is more Robin with Mac and Felicia before she leaves. I'll break things if we don't get any scenes with Maxie. 

Edited by Deputy Deputy CoS
  • Love 7

I'm giggling that Robin had to leave the scene like she was some interloper/dayplayer and Sam/Patrick were ending their 10-year-long relationship.

And Sam's "sometimes miracles have bad timing!" Really, show!? How dare Jason and Robin bust up the true loves! How dare they!

Sam doesn't give a shit that Robin is back. That's for sure. Robin just got in the way of her back up in case Jason never gets his memories back.

I love that she was wearing the necklace Jason gave her, while saying all this shit. 

• Love 2

Sam doesn't give a shit that Robin is back. That's for sure. Robin just got in the way of her back up in case Jason never gets his memories back.

I love that she was wearing the necklace Jason gave her, while saying all this shit.

She was literally clutching the necklace while saying miracles can have bad timing. Like, wut, come again? How could it ever be bad timing if Jason is the love of her life? Why care about a less than a year relationship that traveled at the speed of light? Again, it's SO interesting to me how they want to make Samtrick such a big production.

• Love 1

She was literally clutching the necklace while saying miracles can have bad timing. Like, wut, come again? How could it ever be bad timing if Jason is the love of her life? Why care about a less than a year relationship that traveled at the speed of light? Again, it's SO interesting to me how they want to make Samtrick such a big production.

In that sense, it does seem like Sam = Sabrina again, since Ron seemed determined that Purina's blink and miss whatever was equivalent to 7 or 8 YEARS of Patrick with Robin and had tried to make Patrick torn.

The more the shit changes, the more it remains the same, new hacks or old.

• Love 1

Then that is just STOOPID beyond anything since Jason was supposed to have a different face back then, hence why NO ONE recognized him as JASON! I don't even care about this storyline and yet it's pissing me off. Tone Deaf all around.

And my God, Jason and Kimberly thought the fans of Robin and Patrick would like and "be pleased" with this bullshit? Where Patrick doesn't refuse to let Robin out of his sight...where he's not insisting on being with her every minute, where he's not telling her he loves her, is sorry and is happy he's got her back??!!!

Oh wait. We're supposed to be satisfied and happy on their last day when they get marrit? To use a phrase I see, but normally don't like, but underscores my contempt and sarcasm: AMIRITE??

But I am in it until Robert is off the canvas. Just because.  He, at least, has always had his baby's back.  I still remember him calling Paddy an idiot for needing time when Robin returned two years ago. No bullshit of how things are different now and she had to accept them and not to expect things to be the same, blah, blah, blah.

Ahh, there's my Johnnie...

• Love 3

In that sense, it does seem like Sam = Sabrina again, since Ron seemed determined that Purina's blink and miss whatever was equivalent to 7 or 8 YEARS of Patrick with Robin and had tried to make Patrick torn.

The more the shit changes, the more it remains the same, new hacks or old.

Dude. The Christmas gift. The lingering. The tears. Exactly like the end of Patrina. Except it was worse with Patrina bc they literally had Patrick say he didn't want to leave! I'm still RME at that.

my God, Jason and Kimberly thought the fans of Robin and Patrick would like and "be pleased" with this bullshit?

Seriously.

It's not even about it "stinging." I just see no reason why Robin would want to be with this man? He loves someone else, too? And would still be with her if she didn't want to explore Jason? I'm confused with why Scrubs would be a love story here?

Why would Robin want to be with him? Because she loves him and as long as she knows he loves her more, she's okay with it. This isn't much different than the situation with Sabrina. Robin interrupted their wedding and was willing to resume their relationship that same night. Patrick isn't lying to Robin here. He made it clear that he and Sam broke up, not because there wasn't love there, but because Sam loved Jason more. And then he told her that he understood that because he felt the same about Robin. He told her he never stopped loving her. Some Scrubs fans seemed fine with those scenes last week, but now he has scenes with Sam showing that he still cares for her, which is not surprising given that he was just engaged to the woman, and it's suddenly "Robin's second best. Unacceptable."

If that was closure, then these writers don't know what that means. Closure isn't Patrick implying that he would rather be with Sam instead of Robin. closure would be Patrick realizing that he loved Robin all along, and that him and Sam aren't meant to be, and that while their relationship served a purpose, he was glad it was over because now he can be with the woman he really loves.

It felt like closure to me. Patrick said basically exactly what you're writing last week. He told Robin he loved Sam, but that he he had never stopped loving her, Robin.

Because they are essentially saying that he's settling for Robin, when who he really wants is Sam, and its just another excuse for the writers to prop Sam's ass to the high heavens. Patrick wants Sam over Robin, check! Sam is the only reason Robin was rescued, check! Jason isn't worthy of Sam's love, check! I mean, they might as well have a parade for Sam and her sainthood.

They're not saying he's settling for Robin anymore than they're saying Sam is settling for Jason. Today they blatantly paralleled JaSam and Scrubs relationships as being true love. Patrick never said he wanted Sam over Robin. Who other than Sam's parents and Patrick have said Jason isn't worthy of Sam? Everyone believes Jason is the cat's pajamas, despite him being a former hitman.

• Love 12

Not to mention the googly eyes she was giving him last week. Its just ridiculous at this point. She's wearing that necklace, making googly eyes at him, and even made out with Jason in Patrick's house, and now I'm supposed to believe that she thinks miracles have bad timing. She only thinks miracle have bad timing because Jason doesn't remember her, and isn't actively seeking her out. If Jason wanted to be with her, she wouldn't be saying any of this BS to Patrick.

Edited by MissE
  • Love 1
Some Scrubs fans seemed fine with those scenes last week, but now he has scenes with Sam showing that he still cares for her, which is not surprising given that he was just engaged to the woman, and it's suddenly "Robin's second best. Unacceptable."

The scenes wouldn't have been an issue if there wasn't a lack of Scrubs scenes where Patrick shows how truly glad Robin is back, how he can't bear to be away from her right now, and how concerned he is about what she has been through.  Instead staying behind to talk to Sam while Robin goes to the doctor he should have said Sam we need to talk but right now it is more important that I find out if Robin's health is okay. Robin should be his first priority right now.  Not his need for closure.

• Love 7

Some Scrubs fans seemed fine with those scenes last week, but now he has scenes with Sam showing that he still cares for her, which is not surprising given that he was just engaged to the woman, and it's suddenly "Robin's second best. Unacceptable."

I just want to make it clear that I'm not bothered with Patrick caring about Sam or having loved Sam. But I do have a problem with him still being upset about Sam while pursuing a relationship with Robin or whatever it is he's doing. He should not be with any woman if he's still mourning or sad about a past relationship. If he can't 100% give himself to Robin, I don't want him for her. All Scrubs fans are different. I don't just accept anything. I have to go episode by episode. One second he says he never stopped loving Robin and kissing her, the next second he's telling Sam that "Welp, everything is up in the air, I dunno" and "I love her, but I'm so grateful for our relationship while she was being tortured!"

• Love 5

The scenes wouldn't have been an issue if there wasn't a lack of Scrubs scenes where Patrick shows how truly glad Robin is back, how he can't bear to be away from her right now, and how concerned he is about what she has been through.  Instead staying behind to talk to Sam while Robin goes to the doctor he should have said Sam we need to talk but right now it is more important that I find out if Robin's health is okay. Robin should be his first priority right now.  Not his need for closure.

Exactly. And why would he need closure anyway, since his and Sam's break up was mutual? Per his words. And even if it wasn't, HE was the one who broke up with her, not the other way around.

And I, for one, was not happy with the reunion scenes between Patrick and Robin last week, because they fell flat to me. I was happy with Robin and Emma and Robin and Robert. Though I do wish Robert and Robin had gotten to hug.

• Love 1