Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I think there is enough Stupid Little Shit to go around for both of them. I think Big Bag of Dicks probably has enough room too. I cannot fathom how TPTB think these people are the heroes to be rooted for. 

Oh, TPTB don't think we're supposed to be rooting for Morgan. Maybe rooting for him to be drugged to the gills. Maybe we're supposed to be rooting for him to go to the doctor but that's about it.

I think Liz has a Jason shrine in her basement.

There has to be a Wall of Crazy somewhere in her house. Though at this point, it's probably a Room of Crazy.

This would lead into Sonny feeling guilty

Please. He pays lip service to feeling guilty so that people can rush to reassure him nothing is his fault.

• Love 3

I think Michael has gone beyond stupid little shit. He is embracing the mob after everything that has been done to him and those around him. At this point he is a bigger idiot than Morgan.

• Love 8

I'm so glad I'm not watching.  This whole Michael turn around with mob front and center is my worst nightmare.  TPTB are tone-deaf, what a shock, but depressing as hell.  This wasn't the right way to go to fix Ron's mistakes.  They are just so desperately on the Sonny Train, while I will never get past him murdering AJ.  I can't watch him in any scene, which is I why I no longer watch the actual show, and just catch up here to know what's up.  And, I don't believe they can ever come back from this sea change.  Unless, it leads to getting rid of the mob altogether.  Like that'll happen.  

I just don't buy that Michael would ever get involved or be near the mob.  What about fear of returning to prison? That would be awesome, have Michael go back to prison, because I'm so angry with the writing for this character now, I want to see his ass punished.  

Edited by sunflower
  • Love 14

I can't believe I'm throwing actual logic at this mess but last I heard Sonny doesn't even have legal custody of Avery, Michael does. Did that change and I just FF'd it?

They just kinda handwaved it. I vaguely recall some exposition from Sabrina or Michael, but I repress most of what I watch so I can't offer specifics.

• Love 2

I can't believe I'm throwing actual logic at this mess but last I heard Sonny doesn't even have legal custody of Avery, Michael does. Did that change and I just FF'd it?

They just kinda handwaved it. I vaguely recall some exposition from Sabrina or Michael, but I repress most of what I watch so I can't offer specifics.

When Michael gave Avery back to Sonny, he told him (& Carly) that he'd talk to Judge Naxie Spoiler about giving up custody, IIRC.

• Love 1

I am shocked and appalled that Pope Francis had dinner with poor people, many of whom were wimmins, but he couldn't find time to use the NYC > Port Charles wormhole to come bless Sonny.

And someone needs to correct all of our news organizations who are erroneously claiming Francis was going to elevate the first American to sainthood. Haven't any of these sick . . . Freaks :throws barware: heard of St. Jasus?!?

Last year Pope Francis gave one of the harshest speeches ever by a Pope <I>against</I> the Mafia even saying they should all be excommunicated, after visiting a little boy who'd been shot in a botched hit against members of his family, I believe. He didn't even say say said mob family member must really be a loving family guy anyway. If only GH writers/producers were into following him!

• Love 4

The baby playing Avery almost singlehandedly saved yesterday's episode.  Mostly because for most of it she basically went "Forget you, I'm eating a block," but then there was

Carly: "Ava's out of jail...and she's coming for Avery."

Avery: "Ohhh daaaaang."

In an episode where Michael officially referred to himself as Michael Corinthos III again, on top of standing in for dear old Dad at a mob summit, on top of stepping up the full court press on Sam's eternal feelings for Jasus and Liz being one step away from a breakdown over the whole thing, ON TOP OF Paul reinforcing in mustache-twirling fashion that Ava's on his jock...that moment of random UCG was so very, very welcome.  Now all we need is for Sonny...er, Morgan to somehow trip and fall into bed with Ava (it's pretty much the only time he's bearable now, even with BC's MB impression on lock).

And it'd be nice if Patrick's self-realization led him to back off a little with Sam so she could figure her shit out and he wouldn't look so much like a chump when it all implodes.

And Ava needs to get her little girl.

And Sonny needs to go ahead and be partially paralyzed due to that damn bullet.  Yes, it'd be karma recycling, but screw it.

And I want a naked Alexis Lady Godiva-style on that pony.  And the pony must be dappled.

• Love 6

And it'd be nice if Patrick's self-realization led him to back off a little with Sam so she could figure her shit out and he wouldn't look so much like a chump when it all implodes.

It sure would. He looks terrible in this, just awful. I had thought Samtrick had chemistry quite awhile ago for some reason it's all disappeared and they are painful to watch. Dude she didn't say yes, time to possibly move on. Jason,Jason, Jason, Patrick please just  walk no run the other direction. Sam has always annoyed or bored the shit out of me and now I just need her to go DIAF with Carly and Sonny for you know, reasons

I think Patrick always looks dumb as hell, but his recent venture into saying shit like "maybe we're not meant to be!!" in reference to his relationship with Sam takes the cake. Like, really, Patrick? He really thought he was meant to be with Sam? As if Jason was meant to die and Robin was meant to be a years-long prisoner just so Patrick could have a family with Sam. The delusional hurts my eye sockets.

• Love 1
And it'd be nice if Patrick's self-realization led him to back off a little with Sam so she could figure her shit out

If Sam needs space to figure her shit out, she needs to tell Patrick. These two are pathetic. Patrick couldn't care less about what's going on with Robin, and all Sam can talk about is Jason, Jason, Jason. Yet somehow, they both think they're becoming a family. Good grief.

• Love 8

I think Patrick always looks dumb as hell, but his recent venture into saying shit like "maybe we're not meant to be!!" in reference to his relationship with Sam takes the cake. Like, really, Patrick? He really thought he was meant to be with Sam? As if Jason was meant to die and Robin was meant to be a years-long prisoner just so Patrick could have a family with Sam. The delusional hurts my eye sockets.

Jason was meant to die, though. He wasn't meant to be revived. Since the Borg hath been rebooted, we've gotten sacrificing of character after character. Robin was the first.

• Love 2

Jason was meant to die, though.

Well, Jason never technically died to begin with. He wasn't sitting in a chair without a pulse until Robin arrived. He was....I'm sorry, I can't even complete this thought, the show is so dumb.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 3

No, Ava should never get that child.

That child should become a ward of the state because both of her parents are disgusting, promiscuous, amoral murderers.

In fact, only to see disgusting Ava and disgusting Sonny suffer and because Avery only existed to buy disgusting Ava a few more months when she should have been dead and forgotten a year ago, I hope that child falls victim to mob violence courtesy of her idiot uncle Julian, who is murdered by Ava, but not before he gets off a lethal shot at her disgusting worthless ass.

And then this laugher of a show can get cancelled, as long as Julian and Ava die before it happens

• Love 3

Where did Avery's reddish hair come from? I hope from someone who isn't Sonny.

Carly is so much her mother that the baby has inherited her mother's red hair.  That's the kind of power contained in Sonny's deciding who the mother of his child is. 

• Love 9

Somebody needs to walk me through the thinking behind "Michael Corinthos offers more dramatic possibilities than Michael Quartermaine."

I don't know if it has more dramatic possibilities but there are only 2.5 Qs on the canvas (Monica is barely on as a recurring character) compared to the zillion Corinthii running around Port Charles. It is hard to have much storylines with the Qs when there aren't that many Qs left on canvas.

• Love 2

I'm late with this, but I have to say the meeting between Alexis and Paul just demonstrates why NLG isn't getting more acting opportunities. The coquettish affect, the smugness, the simpering. My god, the simpering. All completely inappropriate for a meeting with opposing counsel to discuss a case, not to mention that she's a couple of decades too old to pull that shit off. However, I've always disliked Alexis and thought NLG was overrated, so now that she's drawn attention to herself and specifically her acting, I'm actually enjoying how bad she is. Brought it all the way back around.

I don't know about dramatic opportunities, but Michael Corinthos III seems more in character to me than Michael Quartermaine. Michael always wanted to be part of Sonny's business, even when he was a creepy 8-year-old trying to get Jason to kill people for him. When he got out of the coma, he was desperate to work for Sonny and was incredibly jealous of Dante, who was undercover as Dominic at the time, because Michael felt like Dominic was usurping his spot as the heir to the business. 20something ex-convict with no education CEO of ELQ always rang completely false to me, but 20something ex-convict with no education second-in-command in a mob family seems fairly convincing. HOWEVER, I think this would all be so much more compelling if Morgan were not also trying to be part of the business. Morgan, historically, was always more Jax's son than Sonny's. He was a sweet-tempered little kid who hated violence. For dramatic purposes, I think it would be far more interesting to have Sonny's adopted son be more like him than A.J. and Sonny's biological son be more like Jax (well, actually I don't think Jax is such a great guy either, so let's just say more unlike Sonny). But the whole family being all MOB YAY! is boring.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 8

If they must do a mob story, they should recast Kristina again*, made it so it turns out that she causes Sonny to be permanently sidelined in some way (slipped something in his IV!) and she takes it all from ernie and bert

*I like Lexi a lot but it's even harder to take her seriously at a "five families" meeting than it is Chad.

I'm late with this, but I have to say the meeting between Alexis and Paul just demonstrates why NLG isn't getting more acting opportunities. The coquettish affect, the smugness, the simpering. My god, the simpering. All completely inappropriate for a meeting with opposing counsel to discuss a case, not to mention that she's a couple of decades too old to pull that shit off. However, I've always disliked Alexis and thought NLG was overrated, so now that she's drawn attention to herself and specifically her acting, I'm actually enjoying how bad she is. Brought it all the way back around.

I don't know about dramatic opportunities, but Michael Corinthos III seems more in character to me than Michael Quartermaine. Michael always wanted to be part of Sonny's business, even when he was a creepy 8-year-old trying to get Jason to kill people for him. When he got out of the coma, he was desperate to work for Sonny and was incredibly jealous of Dante, who was undercover as Dominic at the time, because Michael felt like Dominic was usurping his spot as the heir to the business. 20something ex-convict with no education CEO of ELQ always rang completely false to me, but 20something ex-convict with no education second-in-command in a mob family seems fairly convincing. HOWEVER, I think this would all be so much more compelling if Morgan were not also trying to be part of the business. Morgan, historically, was always more Jax's son than Sonny's. He was a sweet-tempered little kid who hated violence. For dramatic purposes, I think it would be far more interesting to have Sonny's adopted son be more like him than A.J. and Sonny's biological son be more like Jax (well, actually I don't think Jax is such a great guy either, so let's just say more unlike Sonny). But the whole family being all MOB YAY! is boring.

Honestly, I think both Chad and Bryan need to be recast kinda for this kind of thing. Chad with someone less doe-eyes (although he is coming across a bit more adult than he used to) and Bryan with someone less pouty-faced.

Unless they plan on just dressing Chad in that navy blue button down he's been wearing for the past week, that should be his version of the Jason black tee. He looked adult this week. But then stick him in a suit and he looks silly again.

• Love 2

At this point, I'm ready for GH to end with a teen age Avery in a group foster home, journaling away.  Turns out she was a church doorstop baby who never knew her parents. She's made up this tale of a biological family filled with horrible mobsters and sociopathic killers as a coping mechanism.  "See, it could be worse," she tells herself as she heads off to the cafeteria for dinner.  

• Love 10

If Maurice actually has some power at the show, there is no way either of his kids are gonna take anything away from him while he's lounging on the couch or whatever. He's not gonna want to look like a wimp like that.

I read some rumor, or I think maybe the poster who told us Ron was fired right before it came out, said that MB didn't like Sonny letting Ava live because it made Sonny look like a weakling. I wouldn't be surprised if MB actually hated all this lying around wailing for Jason and letting the sons run stuff story but Frank was like "this is the only chance in hell you're character can get any sympathy at this point."

I could also be completely, totally, 100% wrong. Just stating that because I don't want any lurkers going elsewhere and saying "oh supposedly Frank said blah blah blah." Just total speculation here.

• Love 3
Honestly, I think both Chad and Bryan need to be recast kinda for this kind of thing. Chad with someone less doe-eyes (although he is coming across a bit more adult than he used to) and Bryan with someone less pouty-faced.

I think Chad might have the acting chops to pull it off, despite his anime panda face. But Bryan is hopeless for anything other than what he's currently doing. I get a kick out of how nutty he's being, especially whenever he sees Patrick -- not just the hugging, but the weird boycrush smile he gives him whenever Patrick appears, but once they inevitably get him diagnosed and medicated, then he'll go back to being Snotty McFratty, which seems to be his only other mode. So I'd be happy with a Morgan recast no matter what they do with the character.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 7
MB didn't like Sonny letting Ava live because it made Sonny look like a weakling

MB is an idiot if he really feels that way. 

Honestly, I think both Chad and Bryan need to be recast kinda for this kind of thing.

I don't think they need to be recast, but the writing has to support the change in behavior. For instance, we should have seen Michael fight harder to get control of ELQ; instead he basically folded. Now I'm supposed to believe he's all hard-as-nails at a mob meeting? As for Morgan, have him actually DO something while he's waving his hands around and yelling. Bust into the Five Families meeting and ruin it, as everyone was afraid he might. (Which won't happen, as it's the logical thing for him to do.)

• Love 5

You are totally correct. I always liked NLG because of her character on SB, even though the Mason love fest broken record repeated more than the Carly/Sonny crap on GH ever has. However, a 60yo actress is playing the same flirty lawyer she played when she was in her 20s. I was just too stuck in my fond memories of the past to realize it.

I will say, though, that I agreed with her about the Emmy's. Every woman has to look perfect and have great luck to make it, even the children of stars. Too bad she had to kiss up so hard to keep her job afterwards.

I'm so glad I'm not watching.  This whole Michael turn around with mob front and center is my worst nightmare.  TPTB are tone-deaf, what a shock, but depressing as hell.  This wasn't the right way to go to fix Ron's mistakes.  They are just so desperately on the Sonny Train, while I will never get past him murdering AJ.  I can't watch him in any scene, which is I why I no longer watch the actual show, and just catch up here to know what's up.  And, I don't believe they can ever come back from this sea change.  Unless, it leads to getting rid of the mob altogether.  Like that'll happen.  

I just don't buy that Michael would ever get involved or be near the mob.  What about fear of returning to prison? That would be awesome, have Michael go back to prison, because I'm so angry with the writing for this character now, I want to see his ass punished.  

Everything you said...times a million.

• Love 5

I think Michael has gone beyond stupid little shit. He is embracing the mob after everything that has been done to him and those around him. At this point he is a bigger idiot than Morgan.

Michael is not embracing the mob.  Michael is only going to keep his family safe, and he believes it's a one time thing.  At no point did he ever tell Morgan that he's joining the mob.  I know there are mob haters, but Michael is not trying to be a mobster.  He thinks he just has to show up this one time to keep the sharks from circling, AND Morgan very clearly said that he doesn't have the name "Corinthos," and Michael didn't refute it.  So he's keeping his Q name and I'm guessing still living at the Q mansion.  I'd much rather see what I'm seeing from Michael now, where he can get in Ric's face, put his brother in his place, keep Sonny in the dark, and keep his family safe.  God knows he's 1,000 times more interesting than boring Jake Doe.  As much as I wanted him as MIchael Quartermaine, and he still is Michael Q, the writers have done nothing with him.  They gave "getting back ELQ" to Jake and Sam.  Why?  Wouldn't Michael and Tracy be fighting for their company? Why would they give that job to Jake and Sam?  Now the writers seemed to have just backburned that whole storyline altogether.  

I am hoping that Michael's storyline now is him wanting to be both a Q and a Corinthos and to watch that conflict with them.  That would make sense to me.  I've watched GH for decades, and it makes more sense to me for him to be conflicted than to be firmly in one camp or another.  I do call BS on the writers for writing that Michael should forgive and accept Sonny.  RC can't write a good conclusion to save their lives.  He just changes gear with no explanation at all.  When he's bored or done with a storyline, he just switches the storytelling.  Thank God he's gone.  

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 4

Michael is not embracing the mob.  Michael is only going to keep his family safe, and he believes it's a one time thing.  At no point did he ever tell Morgan that he's joining the mob.  I know there are mob haters, but Michael is not trying to be a mobster.  He thinks he just has to show up this one time to keep the sharks from circling, AND Morgan very clearly said that he doesn't have the name "Corinthos," and Michael didn't refute it.

when Morgan was saying that to Michael, I so wanted Michael to reply that Morgan was the only one who gave a solitary crap that he had the name Corinthos, and that included the other mobsters.

I agree. Alexis makes my skin crawl. always has. She is every bit as disgusting as Sonny. She has no mprals and she is every bit as two faced as Sonny. She breaks the law ,and uses her I am a lawyer bull. She filed ncoerced papers to get Michael to get in Sonny's pants. She committed murder by running over a boy. She cries when her life comes back to bite her in the butt. Kristina, her sister gets killed for her. Spouting at how bad Sonny is, and she was his lawyer knowing exactly what she did. She took A J's son, AND LIED abou sonny being her daughters father , until she needed him to save her. Alexis is the female Sonny. I hate them both. NLG never thinks before she goes onn social media, she was telling people who to vote for the last time I read hers. VD didn't make this a battle she just let her rant, and ignored her. NLG needs to learn this lesson. her motto Open mouth insert foot. her character is the same.

Edited by testardo
  • Love 2

So, Michael is over ELQ and now mob 24/7? This is the new writers work, right? I liked it better when Michael was anti Sonny and wanted to be a Quartermaine. I even like that Tracy liked him. As for, Bryan Craig/Morgan. When in gods name is he going on his meds? All of his temper tantrums and waving of the arms is soooooooo annoying.

• Love 3

Michael is not embracing the mob. Michael is only going to keep his family safe, and he believes it's a one time thing. At no point did he ever tell Morgan that he's joining the mob. I know there are mob haters, but Michael is not trying to be a mobster. He thinks he just has to show up this one time to keep the sharks from circling, AND Morgan very clearly said that he doesn't have the name "Corinthos," and Michael didn't refute it. So he's keeping his Q name and I'm guessing still living at the Q mansion. I'd much rather see what I'm seeing from Michael now, where he can get in Ric's face, put his brother in his place, keep Sonny in the dark, and keep his family safe. God knows he's 1,000 times more interesting than boring Jake Doe. As much as I wanted him as MIchael Quartermaine, and he still is Michael Q, the writers have done nothing with him. They gave "getting back ELQ" to Jake and Sam. Why? Wouldn't Michael and Tracy be fighting for their company? Why would they give that job to Jake and Sam? Now the writers seemed to have just backburned that whole storyline altogether.

Of course they stopped ELQ storyline, it's not about Sonny. Varni clearly stated the stories were going to be about Sonny, the mob, his family, how the mob affects his family, Jakeson, Kiki and integrating Serial killer and We.Never.Cared.

The Q 's don't fall within any of that. From what you guys are saying Paul's story is part of Sonny's story. Dillon story is wrapped up in Dante's story, etc.

What storyline doesn't involve Sonny, his spawn, his exes, or Jakeson in any way?

ETA: The only thing I see the new writers doing is adding more Rebecca Budig because all this show needs is more Greenlee.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 5

So, Michael is over ELQ and now mob 24/7? This is the new writers work, right? I liked it better when Michael was anti Sonny and wanted to be a Quartermaine. I even like that Tracy liked him. As for, Bryan Craig/Morgan. When in gods name is he going on his meds? All of his temper tantrums and waving of the arms is soooooooo annoying.

The new writers dont start until october 5th but i feel like theres been ome retooling going on maybe from FV or that varni guy The ELQ stoy seeme to be dropped for no reason.

It also had "I am that MONSTER1!!1" which is still hilariously amazing ten years later.

It was enraging but it was more or less coherent, there were several well written viable romances, and a respect for show and character history

• Love 1

I tape and watch on ff mode. I rarely stop and listen because I hate practically everyone. I brake for Anna and Emma, Dante (when he's at the police station and without Valerie), Tracy and Paul. I do believe that's it. If I ever see Mac and Flea again, I will brake for them as well.

• Love 4

It also had "I am that MONSTER1!!1" which is still hilariously amazing ten years later.

It was enraging but it was more or less coherent, there were several well written viable romances, and a respect for show and character history

I think that era was okay (although the Ryan as hero paradigm was almost as bad as the Sonny one), but I think McTavish was a more decent fit for AMC than GH.

I am hoping that Michael's storyline now is him wanting to be both a Q and a Corinthos and to watch that conflict with them.  That would make sense to me.  I've watched GH for decades, and it makes more sense to me for him to be conflicted than to be firmly in one camp or another.  I do call BS on the writers for writing that Michael should forgive and accept Sonny. 

I'd like to see Michael trying to reconcile being a Q and a Spencer. I could put up with the Corinthos part f 

Having Michael forgive and accept Sonny is BS. It's as outta nowhere as Sonny being pardoned for busting out of prison. Which led to the last time Sonny was nearly dead - a mere 9 months ago. The stakes of Sonny being a mobster are laughably low and that makes is hard to care when he's threatened. If Michael had pointed out that this was Sonny's chance to get out of the mob that would have been a refreshing change.

• Love 1