Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I swear, if they trot out NOT!Kevin again because suddenly it's necessary he be on-canvas for Bryan Craig's Emmy bid Morgan's bipolar story...

Is Jon Lindstrom gone for good? Although the actor deserves better, that would suck, big time. Plus, I wouldn't trust Jimmy to correctly diagnose Morgan.

I thought it was seriously weird for Jason to turn up early at Carly's to brighten her little day with flowers. Ugh. At their eleventieth wedding, Sonny and Carly should be the town clowns instead of being congratulated and praised sentimentally. What makes ANYONE think that the two are going to stay married "forever" on their 5th try? Maybe Carly is (deep down) ashamed of being duped in the Franco fiasco wedding, and wants to do this with Sonny to wipe the collective town memory of her central role in that embarrassing event.

Sonny writing "vows" was also nausea-inducing. Let's see--he's had four times to get "Forever 'n' Ever" right. What makes him think that the fifth time is the charm? 

Watch for perfectionist Wedding Planner Extraordinaire Maxie  to go ballistic when the cake is discovered gracing the pavement. Here's hoping she will slip and land facedown in the top layer.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 4

I guess I'm leading the unpopular opinion brigade tonight, after catching up on all but the most recent episode!

1. I thought Haley Erin (that's her name, right?) did quite well with Kiki's anger toward Morgan and Ava--especially Ava. I normally think she's out in the forest, challenging stumps to staring contests with Paevey, but these last two eps? Great!

2. I thought the recast meta was really, really cute, especially in the delivery from all three actors. I also thought Maxie gave an excellent performance--I'd cast her. Don't like Lulu's sudden reticence at the idea, though. Don't like it one bit.

3. The theme has been mothers disappointing their children in every way with the Madeleine and Ava parallels, and I've liked that, especially their children getting to express their rage. But it pretty much cracks me up to have Sonny telling Carly she's such a great mother at the same time. Hi-larious.

4. Julian and Alexis are still having teh awesome sex, huh? I would like to offer Morgan and Ava as an additional example of couples that actually get hot sex scenes.

And my biggest unpopular opinion of all: 

Honestly, I don't know what they're thinking. It's one thing to make Robin a prisoner again, but to write that and make everyone BUT her the victim? As a viewer, I'm supposed to want Patrick to be super duper happy? I'm supposed to want her mother to tell another woman that it's not Robin's home? Like...come again now?

I absolutely think we're supposed to see Robin as a victim in all this. If we didn't know Robin were being held against her will, yeah, I'd probably hate that she was being portrayed as an absentee mother. But we *do* know she's being held against her will, so we aren't supposed to buy into what Anna and Patrick think. We're supposed to feel sad for them that they've been led to believe something that is patently untrue, that they've decided to do the healthy thing and move on with their lives when we *know* they don't really have to because we know the truth that they don't. So we're supposed to see Anna and Patrick as victims too because they don't know that the life they really want--the one with Robin in it--is something they could have if they rescued her. Sure, argue that you think they should both be smarter than to buy Robin's cover story, that's totally understandable to think they should have figured it out. But the narrative we're seeing is clear that they haven't figured it out, so I don't get the anger toward the characters. They aren't being assholes; they think Robin has abandoned them and are proceeding on with their lives, which is healthy. We aren't supposed to buy into what they're saying about Robin, because we know it's not true. We're just supposed to understand why they feel the way that they do.

Yes, I'm a huge Robin fan. Yes, I grew up with Kim McCulloch on my screen and I adore her (she's two years my senior). No, I don't think her exit storyline portrays either Robin or Kim in a bad light.  Yes, I expect tomatoes to now be thrown at me.  *hides*

Edited by TheGourmez
  • Love 14
I absolutely think we're supposed to see Robin as a victim in all this.

The writers have left just enough wiggle room to leave both sides (Patrick and Anna are ultra stupid and the actress chose to leave the show vs. the character being intentionly mistreated) a little hope.  One of the unfortunate results of the character swaying in the wind is that Jason has been inserted in the story.  Jason/Sonny still rule the show with the hospital being nary a wisp of a glance out of the window of a runaway train of violence barreling down the tracks of which the idiots at the helm of General HOSPITAL have lost control.   

• Love 5

I guess I'm leading the unpopular opinion brigade tonight, after catching up on all but the most recent episode!

1. I thought Haley Erin (that's her name, right?) did quite well with Kiki's anger toward Morgan and Ava--especially Ava. I normally think she's out in the forest, challenging stumps to staring contests with Paevey, but these last two eps? Great!

2. I thought the recast meta was really, really cute, especially in the delivery from all three actors. I also thought Maxie gave an excellent performance--I'd cast her. Don't like Lulu's sudden reticence at the idea, though. Don't like it one bit.

3. The theme has been mothers disappointing their children in every way with the Madeleine and Ava parallels, and I've liked that, especially their children getting to express their rage. But it pretty much cracks me up to have Sonny telling Carly she's such a great mother at the same time. Hi-larious.

4. Julian and Alexis are still having teh awesome sex, huh? I would like to offer Morgan and Ava as an additional example of couples that actually get hot sex scenes.

And my biggest unpopular opinion of all: 

I absolutely think we're supposed to see Robin as a victim in all this. If we didn't know Robin were being held against her will, yeah, I'd probably hate that she was being portrayed as an absentee mother. But we *do* know she's being held against her will, so we aren't supposed to buy into what Anna and Patrick think. We're supposed to feel sad for them that they've been led to believe something that is patently untrue, that they've decided to do the healthy thing and move on with their lives when we *know* they don't really have to because we know the truth that they don't. So we're supposed to see Anna and Patrick as victims too because they don't know that the life they really want--the one with Robin in it--is something they could have if they rescued her. Sure, argue that you think they should both be smarter than to buy Robin's cover story, that's totally understandable to think they should have figured it out. But the narrative we're seeing is clear that they haven't figured it out, so I don't get the anger toward the characters. They aren't being assholes; they think Robin has abandoned them and are proceeding on with their lives, which is healthy. We aren't supposed to buy into what they're saying about Robin, because we know it's not true. We're just supposed to understand why they feel the way that they do.

Yes, I'm a huge Robin fan. Yes, I grew up with Kim McCulloch on my screen and I adore her (she's two years my senior). No, I don't think her exit storyline portrays either Robin or Kim in a bad light.  Yes, I expect tomatoes to now be thrown at me.  *hides*

You're not alone (dramatic music swells, much like the alleged "Incident" with Morgan and Denise/Ava/Kiki'sMother)

Lately, when I'm not on the Barge I'm quite often in the UO corner myself mostly because I forgive RoHo  for just about anything (not Franco, he can DIAF, but RoHo I love). As you've quite eloquently pointed out, there are other reasons I'm in the naughty corner.

1.I don't want to agree but I do, the Kiki actress was much better with her quieter anger instead of screeching like a banshee. I'm just worried about who she's going to hook up with now...can we please give her a girlfriend instead of a boyfriend? Make her bisexual, I don't even care if they pair her with Valerie, oh wait, that might actually make them both more palatable, but the pickings are slim in PC, why not do a slow-build where they bond over their bad man-choices (I'm trying to be kind Valerie, don't make me regret it) and share an apartment together (get a job Lauren, and get used to being called Lauren), become BFF's then realize they're attracted to each other and go for it. And show it GH, don't tell it, this could be a storyline that could last for a year buildup-wise, and- forget it, they'll never get it right, they can't even get one gay male couple right, they'll never understand bisexuality.

2.I enjoyed the meta a lot, but then again I'm a meta-lover. And I agree Maxie did a good job, I can't help it, ditzy or not, I still like Maxie, especially post-baby Maxie, she does seem a teensy bit wiser. And yeah, lets not go there with the Lulu jealousy about the movie. I think you didn't get the memo GH, men and women can be friends without benefits. Also Lulu, have you seen your husband? He may be OOC lately but he brings the pretty big time.

3. Agree with every word. Yes Sonny, we know, Carly is braveandstrongandloveswithallherheartandhasaglitteryhooha, she's also the best mother ever, just ask Joss, if you can find her. And hey, what about Joss's kidney? Another dropped storyline.

4.Julian and Alexis sexing it up makes me happy. He's very, um, commanding, and while I haven't seen or read 50 Shades (couldn't get thru more than 1 chapter) I could see Julian dipping into the sex-play pond. Morgan and Ava/Denise sex creeped me out after seeing that screenshot of him looking like he was really into it when he was humping the bed instead of Ava/Denise.

5. Just yes. The writers done fucked up period. And methinks it's personal. We are all being punished because KMC wants a life and only TG was allowed to have a life outside of TFGH.

Feel free to throw tomatoes at me too but if you can, please let them be Jersey tomatoes, we really do have awesome tomatoes in NJ.

PS: this is what happens when I wake up at 5am and start drinking endless cups of tea, the hell with my blog, it's more fun here :D

• Love 6
They did a softer version of it with Lee and Scott, but at least was never presented as being so heartless to Scotty.

IIRC, Lee (and Gail, for that matter) were always pretty clear-eyed about Scott. They supported him, but they called him on his crap behavior when necessary. 

I swear, if they trot out NOT!Kevin again because suddenly it's necessary he be on-canvas for Bryan Craig's Emmy bid Morgan's bipolar story...

(I can't do the crossout line on my Mac; sorry!) I'm pretty sure we'll never see Kevin or NOT!Kevin; it'll be Morgan meeting Sonny and Carly at the elevator banks and telling them what's up. Or some other after-the-appointment discussion that won't include a medical professional.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

(I can't do the crossout line on my Mac; sorry!) I'm pretty sure we'll never see Kevin or NOT!Kevin; it'll be Morgan meeting Sonny and Carly at the elevator banks and telling them what's up. Or some other after-the-appointment discussion that won't include a medical professional.

I mean, that's what I thought when they inserted Kevin into the early days of the Jake(son) story, with heroes and villains going in and out of his office and him never being there. 

But then, out of nowhere, there was NOT!Kevin, because it was VITAL that Kevin be seen that day to deliver plot point information to Carly about her new bestie.  Urgh.

Edited by TeeVee329

Michael (to Carly): You are the best mother in the world!

Me: Objection!  Inaccurate!  Hate speech!

I was working myself into a rage that Anna wasn't mentioning how Lomax and Sloane screwed over her longtime friend Felicia (who?) and was making it all about Sam scheming against Nikolas, but then she did.  Phew.

Ew, Sloane, ew original recipe Sloane.  Thank gawd Anna Taylor Swift-ed him - they are never, never, never getting back together!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

I love that the henchman pointed out TJ's stupidity/brought up the same concerns Molly presented to TJ that he blew off.  Not feeling so secure and awesome about being associated with Sonny now that you're tied up and have a gun pointed at you, are you TJ? He's coming off as such a punk/hothead. Rolling my eyes at TJ apologizing to Sonny over the phone.

Nikolas trying to be seductive toward a woman he tried to have killed is just soo creepy, gross. I suppose he'd be a good match for Liz right about now. But I guess Nik doesn't get that Sam and Jakeson aren't complete idiots. 

LOL that Sonny seems to assume Maxie is in charge of a wedding planning organization - or maybe MB just flubbed a line. Having S&C both say "marry" and "hell" in the same sentence to each other seems so very fitting. Although I think marry was p.c. for "bang." Interesting that Sonny called both TJ and Morgan "son" within like 2 minutes. Maybe Sonny, his spawn and his new 'foster son' will get shot? I kinda won't feel sorry for either guy if they get hit because they're such Sonny worshipers.

Ric looks great with glasses - nice distraction from Sonny's lame lines about Carly and acknowledging 'other women'. Heh.  Sloane looks pathetic. Finola really shines when she's in Anna self-reflection (and in this case, desire for redemption) mode. 

LOL at the Sonny preview because I read spoilers.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 3

Michael (to Carly): You are the best mother in the world!

For the love of God.  I'm trying to figure out how the writers can separate the actions of Carly and Sonny with Michael.  Michael cannot sit there and praise Mommy and wish her the best life while said life is with the freaking man who he can't forgive because said man murdered his father and lied to his face about it and then the best mommy in the world chose the freaking mobster over him!  Sorry writers that just doesn't wash.

*grumble.absurd.grumble.moronic*

• Love 11

I don't care show. I am not rooting for Sam. I am not rooting for Jake. I am not rooting for them together.  They are awful people and I will not cheer on snotty bitches who judge, judge, judge.  Please Hayden, learn everything you can about Sam and throw that shit in her face EVERY SINGLE DAY until she tones her righteous bullshit down.  I'll watch THAT.

• Love 6

I don't care show. I am not rooting for Sam. I am not rooting for Jake. I am not rooting for them together.  They are awful people and I will not cheer on snotty bitches who judge, judge, judge.  Please Hayden, learn everything you can about Sam and throw that shit in her face EVERY SINGLE DAY until she tones her righteous bullshit down.  I'll watch THAT.

I'm not rooting for anybody in the mess. Paper thin (characterization-wise) Rebecca Budig the Character needs to go. I did like it when Nik said "poor innocent Michael" though.

All I think about when I see that white wedding aisle carpet/paper laid out is that everyone is going to be walking right over the spot where Sonny shot Dante. #neverforget   Even if stupid Dante does, sigh.

Sam (in her usual voice): I can't wait to confront Nikolas.

Jake: Calm down!!!

Me: Now the writers are just trolling.

Jordan looked good. Loved the dress.

Dear Dante, if Jordan asks you whether you want to be on your father's good side or not, you respond "I don't care". That's a whole different kettle of fish from being asked whether you wuv him or not.

Who is this woman who is dreamily having a flashback of Sonny and then whispering "forever" to herself? Not Carly.

Poor Agent Slightly Hotter than Before doesn't even get a "now being played by . . . " intro. Ya don't count ya lousy dope![/sloane McCouch] Anyway, I liked the scenes between him and Anna. In that I liked that she totally rejected him.

Sonny: You're gonna wish you never head the name Sonny Corinthos.

That was "now the writers are just trolling" part 2. And also part 294839058 of "I am embarrassed for Maurice Benard when they make him act tough."

I blame the writers for this entire mess, but it's amusing how often I read how Patrick is a jerk and Anna is an idiot, but Robin is a poor victim.  She started this mess because of choices she made and that Patrick desperately tried to talk her out of when he heard them.  I fault Robin more than I fault Patrick, but of course, I fault RC most of all.  

I don't entirely disagree with what you're saying - I can't blame Anna and Patrick for this mess either - but didn't Victor pretty much blackmail her? Yes, she made the initial choice but there was a subtle threat and later on, a definite threat with Rafe hitting Sabrina, Patrick, and Emma's car.

• Love 7

Oh, and I didn't watch, but I read Sonny said something about always thinking of Carly as his wife? Really Sonny? REALLY? So basically he just admitted he thinks of Carly as someone he can always come back to after he has sex with a bunch of other women.

Oh, damn it, I need the Jason reveal now too. Carly so will drop Sonny like a potato sack. Or she should. Which reminds me, didn't Carly say yesterday she wishes Jason were around to help Morgan. Yeah, Jason did not give a crap about Sonny's other kids. I dare anyone, find me a scene where he expressed some sort of care.

I bet you Graciella is pissed that Sonny is making her do all the work for this wedding. I wonder if she just has a room she keeps filled with supplies just for Sonny's weddings.

• Love 3

I for one do not believe that Julian is behing TJ's kidnapping. I think it might have something to do with the Russian that Sonny killed.

I am afraid that Jordan will be worshipping at the alter of Sonny if he rescues TJ.

• Love 3

Of course Julian isn't behind it. I mean, I guess he could be, but I'm 99% sure he's not. I have little use for Julian but I can't wait till all these idiots (namely Sonny and Olivia) realize he isn't behind this.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7
I bet you Graciella is pissed that Sonny is making her do all the work for this wedding. I wonder if she just has a room she keeps filled with supplies just for Sonny's weddings.

The only thing I could possibly like about this wedding would be if she was recycling the blood-stained aisle runner from his Kate wedding to use for this one. 

• Love 3

Of course Julian isn't behind it. I mean, I guess he could be, but I'm 99% sure he's not. I have little use for Julian but I can't wait till all these idiots (namely Sonny and Olivia) realize he isn't behind this.

I'm sure they'll find out after he's dead…by Sonny's hand. [/spec] And then it'll be, "Well, he WAS mobbed up before, you can't blame me/us for not believing he went legit!"

I can't believe Dante said Sonny would protect TJ with a straight face. And did he also say Sonny would protect TJ as he would his own sons? Or was that just the show in my head? Because I legit laughed for five minutes thinking that extra bit of dialogue happened.

• Love 2

I was sad to see original Sloane back.  I was looking forward to Grayson McCouch's horrible delivery.

That's about all I can manage.  I'm continually disappointed in Michael's slide towards Sonny, Jake/Sam/Nik/Hayden was boring, I don't care if TJ is killed or not, blah blah blah.

• Love 5

Sonny: You're gonna wish you never head the name Sonny Corinthos.

That was "now the writers are just trolling" part 2.

Yup, as the collected dozens of viewers still watching this dreck shout out "We do! We do!"

also, why they f*ck is there a roaring fire in the fireplace. I know they film in advance and the wedding is in early September. But out on Cassadine island, Nic and Greenlee are headed for the pool, and in the real world, its crazy hot and humid in New York.

I had to FF all of Carly's gleeful "I'm getting everything I want"ing once Michael showed up. I just can't even. I hope the kidnapping cancels the wedding, and Michael can re-rethink his stance on being anywhere near the moobster. Even better, if he hears about TJ's kidnapping and just takes little AJ back to the Q's (we never saw any legal transfer of custody, so AJ is with Sonny only through Michael's good graces.)

Edited by sacrebleu
  • Love 6

also, why they f*ck is there a roaring fire in the fireplace.

So it's so hot in the room that all his friends stay thirsty.[/dos equis man]

I was sad to see original Sloane back.  I was looking forward to Grayson McCouch's horrible delivery.

Now now. Agent Not That Hot is almost as bad as Grayson. Just not in a fun way, alas.

• Love 5

Sam, STFU.  Your butt belongs in prison for so many reasons.

What the heck was Nik wearing old tattered drawers?!

Hayden/RBu is so going to be the moral compass of goodness and light.  Blech.

Robin chose to run off to rescue Jason, because he would have figured out she was alive back in 2012 with Sam attached to his backside like a boil.

I prefered the first Sloane and thought Grayson's was so odd.

Jake looked bored to death hanging back while Sam bored us to death with her version of a "moral compass".  Nik should have kicked the duo out of his house.

Michael.  Michael.  Michael.  What the hell?  Why are you hanging around those loser parents named Carly and Sonny?  My hatred for your character has returned tenfold!  I guess Sabrina's Disney Princess magical hooha has struck again!

TJ is a fool.

Ric/RiH looked smoking in those glasses.

I agree Dante and Jordan should have hit the sheets.

Anna/FH looked great!

• Love 3

Focusing on the positive- it was nice to see Dante, Michael, and Morgan in a scene together. I honestly don't remember the last time the show had Dante interact with them. Shame it had to be at Sonny's wedding. I suppose it's too much to ask to get Kristina there in a scene with all her brothers. If they're going to give Sonny all these children, the least they could do is have them act like siblings once in a while.

I wouldn't complain in the slightest if they de-SORASed Morgan and recast him with Aaron Revfam (or whatever his last name was). That was the last time I liked Morgan. They can pretend Bryan Craig was an imposter and kill him off. I don't care that it doesn't make sense.

• Love 1

Focusing on the positive- it was nice to see Dante, Michael, and Morgan in a scene together. I honestly don't remember the last time the show had Dante interact with them. Shame it had to be at Sonny's wedding. I suppose it's too much to ask to get Kristina there in a scene with all her brothers. If they're going to give Sonny all these children, the least they could do is have them act like siblings once in a while.

I wouldn't complain in the slightest if they de-SORASed Morgan and recast him with Aaron Revfam (or whatever his last name was). That was the last time I liked Morgan. They can pretend Bryan Craig was an imposter and kill him off. I don't care that it doesn't make sense.

I actually think it makes sense that Dante doesn't see them all that often. He's 10 + older than them, has a career and a life of his own, didn't grow up with them . . . not to mention the fact that Morgan turned into a douche. I wish he had had more contact with Morgan but I can see them drifting away from each other plausibly. 

Of course, if they let Dante around them the whole Cain/Abel thing Ron was going for wouldn't make sense, since then Morgan couldn't act like Sonny and Carly never paid any attention to anyone but Michael/Morgan was the only one ignored.

• Love 2

I wouldn't mind at all if Morgan Jacks, as played by Aaron Refvem and recently graduated fromthe New York State Police Academy, strolled into town to arrest his imposter, balked that anyone could think Mor-dog was the real then, and then said "yeah, and the real Kate Howard is living safely in Europe far away from you losers."

• Love 3
I'm sure Brook Lynn and Skye would appreciate getting their illegally obtained shares back.

I'm sure everyone wants their ELQ shares back, but for what they represent—money—not because they care about ELQ itself. That's what I meant.

NuOldSloane is so bad. He's also a jackass, but that's nothing new.

I wonder if Graciela will take a bullet, given that we've seen her twice now. Stanvil, perhaps?

Morgan, BPD or not, sleeping with Ava/Denise is ENTIRELY on you. No one else.

Of course Carly takes Michael's anguish about Sonny shooting to AJ, lying about it, and not being sorry he killed AJ and makes it all about her.

TC's left-arm tattoo is really, really ugly.

Aw, it was nice to see Jordan and Anna so happy to see each other.

Sam, WTF? Telling Nik everything you know is not going make him crumple into tears and give a confession. She's a terrible PI, not that that's news. 

• Love 7

Boy howdy,  So much snarking, so little time...

• Surely Sonny planned ahead and donned a bullet-proof vest under his wedding garments. It would come in so handy now that he's burst onto the kidnapped TJ scene. Of course Sonny will exchange himself for TJ, so that the boy can come running breathlessly back to the wedding with his bombshell about the self-sacrificing groom. The fainting! the yelling! Carly's weddings are never dull.
  • The smashed wedding cake, thrown uneaten in the garbage, is such a perfect metaphor for Carly's and Sonny's future happiness together.
  • Anna has come roaring back, and she has Plans! Find that moral compass, Girl, and clean house at ELQ and in Port Charles too! (And something tells me she hasn't given up on Robin, whether in Paris or China, for even a second.)
  • I don't see TJ getting hurt, just scared straight (hopefully). Mama Jordan, however, may have a major breakdown now that Anna's back in town, eligible to be deputized or drafted as Police Commissioner again. Would serve TJ right to have Jordan caught by a bullet meant for him, since he's been backtalking to her so much lately.
  • The worst outcome of the perfect wedding storm that is brewing will be a comatose Sonny in General Hospital, where Carly can weep daily at his bedside and More-gun can drink and pout, while Michael builds an entire new wing in honor and touching faith for his mobfather. Ghost Sonny can wander around chewing the scenery as an unseen observer of the destruction he has wrought. 

• Love 4

Would serve TJ right to have Jordan caught by a bullet meant for him, since he's been backtalking to her so much lately.

General Days has a good point. I agree that it's harsh to envision Jordan taking a stray bullet to wake up TJ's parental respect genes. I'm just so tired of his teenage know-it-all attitude and backtalk. It's hard to have only one parent left when you are TJ's age--it happened to me too--and single parenting isn't easy. TJ is really flirting with disaster by living with Sonny and openly defying Jordan. He could acquire some of Sonny's worst values and attitudes, be around bad companions, and develop habits to warp him for life.  TJ needs to be hit with a ton of bricks one way or the other to teach him a lesson. I wouldn't have the patience toward him that Jordan shows, but I guess she does not want to add fuel to the fire and push him farther away. She should keep up the topic open and the lectures coming.

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
  • Love 5

P3pp3rb1rd, I don't even disagree with your wish. Something has to stop TJ's b.s. I'm just frustrated at whoever crafts Jordan's dialogue. A real life person would  say, "I didn't set up Shawn. I caught him in the act, and there were witnesses and uniforms on the scene, seconds later. Why aren't you more mad that Shawn was trying to kill someone, than that I was an undercover agent trying to bust a drug ring? What's wrong with you?"

Edited by General Days
  • Love 8

I do wish Jordan would tell T.J. off. But I also find her character profoundly bland most of the time, and I would just as soon see her offed in a mob hit to really drive the point home to T.J. about how wrong he really was. Plus, Anna gets her job back and you have a great whodunit. I like Vinessa Antoine, but I think other women of color can be introduced. I dunno, it's a hard call given the state of things.

I'd also have Kiki offed when she walks into Julian's penthouse on the wrong night - Sonny had his people blow it up, thinking Alexis and co. were all away.

• Love 4

True, Ulkis, it does make a certain amount of sense that Dante wouldn't be close to his brothers due to age difference, etc. I just remember back when Dante was first revealed as Sonny's son that he and Morgan really bonded and went to Yankees games together. Compare that to recently, when Morgan and Dillon had a scene in which Morgan mentioned Lulu being his brother's wife, and it honestly took me a minute to remember Dante and Morgan are related because it's been so long since they shared scenes or even referenced spending time with each other off screen.

He was also the one who took Michael in and really helped him when he was released from prison. They seemed to have a good bond going for a while, and that's absent now.

I don't need to see them together frequently, but I do think small scenes would be nice or even just the occasional reference to them talking/spending time together off screen.

• Love 6

I'd also have Kiki offed when she walks into Julian's penthouse on the wrong night - Sonny had his people blow it up, thinking Alexis and co. were all away.

You know if that happened, we would find out that Kiki was the one running the mob all along or something. They couldn't let Sonny kill poor Kaka off.

But still, I'd take it.

• Love 5

I blame the writers for this entire mess, but it's amusing how often I read how Patrick is a jerk and Anna is an idiot, but Robin is a poor victim.

Oh, there's plenty of data points to show that Patrick is a jerk without bringing Robin's current situation into it at all.

Would serve TJ right to have Jordan caught by a bullet meant for him, since he's been backtalking to her so much lately

Ugh, that would just mean that Sonny gets TJ forever, hasn't he filled his quota of kids he snatched from their biological parents yet?

Show is choosing to forget the VERY IMPORTANT POINT that the deciding factor for her was seeing little Danny, and thinking hey, Danny deserves to get his Daddy back like Emma just got to have the reunion with me. She believed that if the situations were reversed, Jason would come after her and save her to bring her home to her daughter (and the rest of her family).

I suspect that was the long term plan for the resolution of the current Robin story - Jake gets his memory back, then goes in search of Robin to bring her back to her family.  Only it's taking so long for Jake to get his memory back, Robin will have died of old age by the time he gets around to looking for her.

Which is kind of a good thing, because I still think it would be cool if Robin showed some Scorpio gumption and cleverness and found a way to escape on her own.

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 1

Which Eckerts are running "Eckert's Bakery" these days? Aren't they all dead or out of town and wanting nothing to do with that shit? Didn't Pa Eckert beat them all up in that bakery?

Edited by jsbt

Didn't catch today but saw clips from the barge and deleted or ffed the rest.

Loved the Ava reveal. Pure soap goodness. I think HE has done well recently.

I liked BC's acting yesterday, especially about how screwed up he is any maybe he doesn't have bipolar and is just a loser. I felt sorry for him- and Sonny was tolerable.

Love having Anna back, and looking forward to more scenes with Sam.

I won't rage if Michael goes to the wedding, because he's doing it more for his brother than his selfish parents. I liked Sabrina bring supportive of Michael, and as long as she doesn't praise Sonny anymore I will be happy.

Molly and TJ's scenes were nice.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 1

It's amazing, but Grayson McCouch has somehow made Terrifying Stalker Sloane #1 (Ribb Dillinger*) reasonably more appealing to me. Only marginally less creepy, though. He's quieter, somewhat more tender, more likely to simply drill holes in Anna's bathroom wall vs. howl at her and flash his dick. Thank God Anna wrote him off. It's sad that it took Ron's utter failure with the character for the better part of a year, and possibly his own firing, to make the show finally realize he didn't work. The show instantly improves for me with Finola around. I did laugh when they had Sloane say that exposing Nikolas would mean 'exposing myself.' Too soon, Sloane!

I like how they just let Tyler Christopher roll up into scenes wearing his weird Warped Tour tats and gym clothes sometimes, ready to hit SoulCycle. That's not Prince Nikolas but I guess Uncle Frank needs that Rebecca Budig paper.

I do actually think BC and Benard have been good the last few days. It's just a shame the story is so rushed. I think Chad Duell is severely underplaying Michael's semi-forgiveness for Carly (and Sonny), which I appreciate.

I suspect that a spumor is true, and that the Mr. Big behind T.J.'s kidnapping, the hijacks, etc. is

Ric. It's random, but it's also typical Ric, frankly. He has always been obsessed with everything Sonny had. That is a Ric The Schemer story I would actually be interested in, as opposed to the sub-DOOL level capers of "Ric gets Jason a fake wife" and "Ric marries Crazy Nina who he has never met before." Ric is a great bad guy - and could've been an interesting reformed guy had Ron given him the chance - but he needs a better caliber of bad than what Ron gave him.

* - may not actually be Rudd Doorstopper's real name

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 9

Which Eckerts are running "Eckert's Bakery" these days? Aren't they all dead or out of town and wanting nothing to do with that shit? Didn't Pa Eckert beat them all up in that bakery?

A nice family that immigrated from Latvia bought it. They kept the name for branding purposes.
  • Love 2