Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I forgot to mention how gross Brad is.  Does Ron think it's hot to have him continually grabbing people and forcing them to kiss him?  Note to Ron, it's not hot or cute, it's disgusting.

Ron thinks sexual harassment/assault is romantic.

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm glad ya'll said this b/c I didn't want to be politically incorrect, but I think a lot of the gay "sterotype" stuff Ron does is offensive and projecting on his part.

Ron would either thank you or block you on twitter for the bolded part.

I'm a hetero WOC & like seeing well written complex WOC on screen. As a gay male, you would think Ron would want to portray gay males better. This like everything else he writes is about camp & plot points.

It's sad because I do believe that PS & RyCa could bring it, if Ron wrote it. Those two have chemistry & weren't afraid to go for it.

FYI, PS is actually 41 years old. When three twentysomething gay males were mention, I was trying to figure out who the third one was. Lol, It's Friday.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
Or stick a bandage on their neck, as that's how you get to the brain.

Well if you're a vampire it could make sense, or a zombie. Or Ron: I'm pretty sure wherever his brain is located it isn't in the usual place as the rest of us.

Why are all the gay men in Port Charles obsessed with 1980's television shows featuring elderly women?  References of the Golden Girls and Jessica Fletcher from Murder She Wrote were weird coming from three twenty-something men.

I've been waiting for the "friend of Dorthy" hammer to eventually drop.

• Love 2
(edited)
FYI, PS is actually 41 years old. When three twentysomething gay males were mention, I was trying to figure out who the third one was. Lol, It's Friday.

Damn, I never woulda guessed.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

Why are all the gay men in Port Charles obsessed with 1980's television shows featuring elderly women? References of the Golden Girls and Jessica Fletcher from Murder She Wrote were weird coming from three twenty-something men.

Isn't it some kind of law that everyone of ALL ages loves The Golden Girls? :P

Just saying, as a 25 year old straight chick, I love older sitcoms/TV shows more than current TV shows overall.

...Please stop staring at me. I already know I'm weird. :P

You are not weird.  I just turned 50 and I love retro tv shows like the Golden Girls and Rosanne.   I am also obsessed with bad 1970's shows like Charlie's Angels, Emergency, The Bionic Woman and The Six Million Dollar Man.  They are just hysterical. That is my secret shame.  Please don't judge me too harshly.

I really wish there was a retro soap network I would love to see shows like the Doctors, Another World and Santa Barbara. 

• Love 5

I'm trying to decide if Morgan and Kiki actually have chemistry or if the anti-chemistry of Michael and Kiki make it seem like they do. Because Morgan and Kiki definitely didn't have any chemistry last year (imo). I guess maybe they just grew and settled into the roles. Well, at least Morgan/BC did.

Rafe is getting more attention brain-dead than he ever did before. Hee.

I don't see the problem with Lulu's conversation with Lucas or Sam's conversation with Silas. If either man didn't want to answer, he could have said MYOB. The worse conversation for me was Brad/Felix. Why is Brad presented as such a predator? There was no reason to talk to Felix at the shower entrance. Poor PC. 

"Okay, first of all, chocolate fountains are gauche." You shut your whore mouth, Felix! (FYI, I'm quoting Happy Endings.)

I also don't think Tracy was so terrible asking if Rafe was an organ donor. It's a somewhat ghoulish situation no matter what. She didn't browbeat Lauren the way Alexis did for Kristina and Carly did for Joss. And news flash, Lauren, if transplants are going to happen, they have to happen fast. Tracy's glee to Alice was a little OTT, I'll admit.

Nina was the one was was truly gross, thanking Rafe for helping her break up Sam and Silas. BSC or not, that's just ew.

I share Alice and Rafe's blood type, B+. Oh, dear. It's a good thing I'm in NYC and not PC. 

I applaud soap immigration laws. Anything that wipes the smug off Levi's face is a good thing.

• Love 3
I also don't think Tracy was so terrible asking if Rafe was an organ donor. It's a somewhat ghoulish situation no matter what. She didn't browbeat Lauren the way Alexis did for Kristina and Carly did for Joss. And news flash, Lauren, if transplants are going to happen, they have to happen fast. Tracy's glee to Alice was a little OTT, I'll admit.

Remember everyone harassing Ryan on AMC for Gillian's heart? That was by far the worst browbeating for an organ on a soap I have ever watched.

• Love 2
(edited)

Levi needs to be clothed at all times. Especially in a long sleeved turtle neck.

With a very thick ski mask covering his face.

Why is Levi so: pasty yet orange, doughie but has muscles and lacking in eyebrows?  Why does he wear an overly thick Bruce Jenner wig?

Someone was kind enough to provide a link to the actor's IMDB page and it looked like the hair was his own.  All the pictures show hm with that awful Jennifer Anniston bob.

Ok--I admit it;  I called immigration on him.

Wait--so Maxie has the beautiful name of Mariah and she goes with Maxie?  Whenever I hear it, I immediately think of feminine products.

So--will Tracy tie Rafe down and perform a vivisection?

I really feel for Rafe {the character, not the actor}:  He was dealt a shitty hand from the beginning and it just never got better.  Reminds me of a few of my former students.

Edited by onemoretime
  • Love 3

Ron thinks sexual harassment/assault is romantic.

Do not get me started on Jessica Buchanan, the rape, and the abomination that was Robert Ford.

Count me amongst those who found the cultural icons of Felix and Lucas to be rather out-dated.  And, speaking of Lucas, am I alone in thinking the actor playing him not very good?  Mind you, neither is Felix's actor, leaving Brad to carry all the weight in that triangle.

• Love 1
(edited)

Wait--so Maxie has the beautiful name of Mariah and she goes with Maxie?  Whenever I hear it, I immediately think of feminine products.

I didn't understand it back when they named her and then settled on the nickname, and I still don't.  Though, I've grown used to it.

Edited by DanaMB

Grandmother Mariah was around when Maxie was born, I think, so it was probably to reduce confusion. I would have hated Little Mariah more than Maxie. I think Maximiliana is pretty cool, but an admitted mouthful. And I like that it's a nod to Mac, her true father.

And, speaking of Lucas, am I alone in thinking the actor playing him not very good?  Mind you, neither is Felix's actor, leaving Brad to carry all the weight in that triangle.

I think the guy playing Brad is the best actor in that group by a country mile.  But I think the guy playing Lucas is competent, and Lucas is a legacy character, so I'm still a fan.  Felix, on the other hand, is a nobody, and his portrayer sucks.  So he can get off my screen now. 

• Love 4

I wonder how Tracy is going to react during the Fluke reveal. Not only did he rape her and use her to get access to her family's company but if he was responsible for the sham wow accident, he not only killed a baby, he destroyed a troubled young man's life who eventually was stripped down for parts, and it happened under Tracy's nose.

• Love 2

Just for the record, I'm a 27 year old gay man and I love The Golden Girls and Murder, She Wrote, as do a number of my other gay male friends. So, yea, I'd say that Ron isn't really off in that assessment of the gay community. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Wait--so Maxie has the beautiful name of Mariah and she goes with Maxie?

I guess I'm the "senior viewer" here right now.  So, IIRC, actually, Frisco thought of the name: Mariah, for Felicia's grandmother, and Maxmilliania for the emperor of Mexico -- the connection to her "Aztec Treasure" heritage. It was also Frisco's idea that she be called Maxie for short. And it stuck. 

Other than that, watching Brad attack Felix today reminded me of Silas throwing Sam against the windows. As someone implied

upthread, RC may be telling us way more about himself than perhaps he should. 

Edited by rur
(edited)

I pity the fans of Port Charles. RC totally gutted their show. He killed off Amanda, Elizabeth, Livvie (and un-Collinsed her), Rafe Sr, Alison, Caleb (sort of) and now Rafe Jr.

Please don't ever let him near the characters of any other defunct ABC soap. I'm now terrified for the fate of Delia Reid Ryan. She's acting awfully Roxy-ish but I still don't want to see her wind up dead.

Pretty amazing for something that has been off the air for 10 years. Can we include Christina and Serena Baldwin in that? The fact that fans now have to make up alternate theories to fix what Ron did says a lot.

So is Dr.O going to lose her job like Steve Webber lost his? He was demoted because Liz slightly botched Siobahn's operation. At the time I thought it was supremely stupid to allow Liz to operate on her ex husband's current wife, but Siobahn and Liz didn't hate each other (and in the end Siobahn survived). Having brain surgeon

operate on the boy that accidentally killed his son after he flat out tells you it will be a problem? Does that warrant losing her job? Or does the contract also allow her to force men that dump her daughter to perform risky surgeries on people he hates?

Edited by Ambrosefolly

I'm watching The Golden Girls right now, as I type this response...on LOGO, no less.  To be followed by several episodes of Designing Women.  I'm thrilled :-)  and a 32 year old, straight female.

But about this show...no Julian/Alexis/Julexis, chances are I'm not watching.  I tune in for them, specifically, and watch other stuff if it cathes my eye or doesn't insult my intellegence.  That doesn't happen very often, unfortunately.

(edited)

The Lucas/Brad/Felix stuff in this episode is why I'm ashamed I watch this show. That was just embarrassing. It's just so try-hard.

Besides the full on second hand embarrassment I got out of watching those scenes (while covering my eyes with my hands), the only other thing I got out of this ep is that Morgan is just amazing and I love him. Not even Kiki ruins him. That being said, please just say no to Morgan/Kiki Part 2, show, I'm begging!

Oh, also Levi's body is just so unfortunate and we really didn't need to see him in his underwear. I mean honestly.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 8

Could Rafe's opening his eye after being declared brain dead mean that he is now a vampire?

I just figured it was BSC Nina was hallucinating.

Regardless of this, I have a feeling that Rafe is still alive.  Why?  Stephen Clay is Rafe's bio dad, and he (apparently) survived being declared dead. I can just see them about to start harvesting Rafe's organs when he comes back to life LOL

• Love 1

If it is, I'm breaking it because I hate that show.  ::g::  Murder, She Wrote, too, so perhaps that colors my perception of Lucas' and Felix's love of them.

So is Dr.O going to lose her job like Steve Webber lost his? He was demoted because Liz slightly botched Siobahn's operation. At the time I thought it was supremely stupid to allow Liz to operate on her ex husband's current wife, but Siobahn and Liz didn't hate each other (and in the end Siobahn survived). Having brain surgeon operate on the boy that accidentally killed his son after he flat out tells you it will be a problem? Does that warrant losing her job?

I would've thought the hospital's liablity, in the event something went awry, would've been in the forefront of Obrecht's mind.  If she can be concerend about the dollar cost of how much hand sanitizer Elizabeth uses, this should've had alarm bells ringing in her head.  It should've to any one with a couple brains cells to rub together.  And, shut up, Epiphany.  Patrick needs no reminders of how much he hates his patient, when he's got said patient's brain in his hands.  Also, Epiphany is a surgical nurse?  I didn't know.

There used to be another hospital in PC.  I wanted them to call them up and ask for a doctor or a patient transfer or something, but that wouldn't have furthered the plot.

• Love 2
(edited)

Whoa, double post.  Don't know how that happened, but my apologies!  To add something new, to peachmangosteen below, I agree!  Regardless I'm all for deporting Levi, or, at least passing a law that he should be fully clothed at all times.  As someone said above, how can he have those muscles and still look flabby at the same time?

Edited by Fellaway
  • Love 1

There used to be another hospital in PC.  I wanted them to call them up and ask for a doctor or a patient transfer or something, but that wouldn't have furthered the plot.

The hospital is Mercy.  They haven't shown that hospital in years, IIRC.

& add me to the "love" side for both The Golden Girls & Murder, She Wrote.

(edited)

I was always meh on the Golden Girls but loved Estelle Getty (and Betty White in anything and I wanna be her when I grow up).  I know a lot of gay men and it's popular.  I love Murder She Wrote...Angela Lansbury hey!  I'd watch her read a phonebook.

I'm a huge retro TV fan and watch a lot of old shows.  We have 3 channels of it in our Dayton/Columbus area and they all program different shows.  You can watch 24/7.  Love it!  Right now I'm on Love Boat, Rawhide, Gunsmoke (don't show any Chester eps tho) and Streets of San Francisco.  And a few more.....

I didn't think Sam was out of line at all.  But you see what's coming like a freight train.  Sam defending Patrick vs Nina being the serpent in Silas' ear to break S&S up. 

Real subtle, Ron.

Tracy was really overly pushy (and very graceless/uncompassionate) about Rafe's heart but I can see why.  She does care for Alice but she wants to guilt Alice into not spilling the beans to Michael.

Edited by OhioSongbird
(edited)

Off-topic: I'm a 31 year old straight guy and I think Golden Girls is really funny.  My girlfriend has a theory that every group of friends, be it guys, girls, whatever, has those four archetypes.  She claims I'm the "Sophia" of my group.

On-topic: Samtrick has officially begun.  I am big Robin fan and a Scrub fan, but JT and KMo have "it" and even though I know Cartini will royally screw it up eventually, I am going to enjoy the hell out of the ride until then.  

Other than that, the last Nina & Rafe thing was probably one of the strangest things I have ever seen on this show.  Between JD's eye-lids fluttering to whatever the heck MSt was doing, it was just so odd.  But the biggest wtf was when Nina told Rafe she was "doing all these things" to Sam & Si.  I honestly cant think of a single thing she has done.  Can anyone name something?  Bueller?  Bueller?

ETA: all these things Nina claims to have done, not to mention crossing names of her list, is just like last fall when Sahbweeenah was whining about "everything [she and Patrick] have been through".  These "things" didnt happen on the show or on Ron's twitter.  Is there a third place where things are happening?  Does this stuff happen in Liz Korte's diary?

Edited by Tiger
The Lucas/Brad/Felix stuff in this episode is why I'm ashamed I watch this show. That was just embarrassing. It's just so try-hard.

Yeah. Which is why the Golden Girls reference didn't work for me. I thought it was perfectly plausible they would watch it, but along with all the other references it's just too much.

• Love 2
(edited)

The hospital is Mercy.  They haven't shown that hospital in years, IIRC.

It's alternately the hospital of last resort or the place doctors stomp off to when they're (temporarily) fired from or quit GH. It depends on what the plot requires.

Edited by dubbel zout
I think the guy playing Brad is the best actor in that group by a country mile.  But I think the guy playing Lucas is competent, and Lucas is a legacy character, so I'm still a fan

I agree, Parry is quite a find, imo, as a soap actor, especially playing a gay character. I've yet to see any actor, outside of Ryan, who plays his role with such ease and no fear or no signs of timidness or uncomfortableness. He plays Brad, not himself playing a gay character named Brad, and I respect him immensely for it.

Before they paired Brad with Lucas I admit I had no use for the character, he was just too much, even with Parry's talent I just couldn't get behind him, especially when the object of his "affection" was Felix. But then they had Brad interacting with Lucas and I saw something I hadn't yet seen before, a spark.

Brad told Lucas that he "made him good", and I agree with that. I think Parry and Ryan were able to make both their characters come alive working together. Ryan is the sort of actor, imo, that the better actor he's paired with the better he is, and the way he and Parry connect and everything about them appears to be so natural and unforced, it resonated with me. I was willing to give Brad a pass for all he'd done before for the simple reason that I wanted to see what could come of a relationship with Lucas.

If I'm supposed to swallow that Carly could make Franco "a better person", if I have to watch that couple eat this show alive, at least give me two people with chemistry who can actually do a decent job representing a very, very small minority on soaps today if given the chance. I like Brad and Lucas together because Ryan and Parry together make a perfect match, as perfect as I've ever seen on a soap.

I still say if they would just kill off Brad and introduce his identical twin brother Chad to the show...

• Love 5
(edited)

Okay I'll add my 2 cents about why the gay love triangle embarrasses me so much.

My very close gay friend is a cowboy boot wearing ranch owner who raises beefalo and is a physician who also delivers babies. He has this one gay patient who is so like Brad it isn't funny. He just cringes when the guy comes in b/c he is such an embarrassment to him. He always says the guy is SUCH a flamer.

I always equate it to how I feel when a mom comes to children's soccer games looking like "a cocktail waitress in a dolly parton wig" cringe city.

If there must be only three gay men in all of PC, then for the love of mercy do they ALL have to be so "gay". Can't at least one not be so "stereotyped"?

and also for the record I don't like nor have I ever really watched TGG or MSW and truely none of my friends have either. Now I love Betty White to death and I love classic TV. But give me Quincy, The Rockford Files or Original recipe Hawaii 5-0 any day.

That is why I'll never in my life like Brad. Ugh I think he is so gross. If it was a woman running around kissing everyone like that we all know what she'd be called......<not allowed>

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 2

Maxie would not have had to have been in the driver's seat. She could have sat in the back seat behind Nathan I think. Uncomfortable, sure. But do-able.

400x222.jpg

I don't know if Nathan's car has a backseat but if it does, how is Nathan to steer while shifting?  With his knees?  Is Maxie all of a sudden going to cooperate physically and sit in such a way to contort herself so Nathan can have his left hand on the wheel?  If we use soap logic, sure.  I drive a six speed.  I'm not picturing how this would work.

I just figured it was BSC Nina was hallucinating.

Me too.

What was with the alarm and the flashing red lights going off? It was so totally random.

Elevator being held open too long.

Just for the record, I'm a 27 year old gay man and I love The Golden Girls and Murder, She Wrote, as do a number of my other gay male friends. So, yea, I'd say that Ron isn't really off in that assessment of the gay community. 

I think it might be regional.  My NYC area friends who are gay definitely are GG fans but ones in Texas aren't.

Other than that, the last Nina & Rafe thing was probably one of the strangest things I have ever seen on this show.  Between JD's eye-lids fluttering to whatever the heck MSt was doing, it was just so odd.  But the biggest wtf was when Nina told Rafe she was "doing all these things" to Sam & Si.  I honestly cant think of a single thing she has done.  Can anyone name something?  Bueller?  Bueller?

ETA: all these things Nina claims to have done, not to mention crossing names of her list, is just like last fall when Sahbweeenah was whining about "everything [she and Patrick] have been through".  These "things" didnt happen on the show or on Ron's twitter.  Is there a third place where things are happening?  Does this stuff happen in Liz Korte's diary?

Nina broke up Sam & Silas' date in the park with her 'fall'.  She planted the ring seed with SIlas.  Not sure what else.

• Love 1

Okay I can finally see again after scrubing my eyeballs with steel wool. Some things just can't be unseen. The dunkelmonkey near naked is one of those things I never hope to see again.eeek!

Someone said last week and I second it. We really need a warning like before The Walking Dead about how something so horrifying is about to be shown watch at your own risk.

I almost think I'd rather watch naked Sonny give Fluke a massage.(and yes I DID just put that out in the universe)

• Love 2

Cattitude allow me.....uh, slut?

I go back and forth on Brad.  I think PS is a really good actor but like everyone on this show he gets crap writing.  Most of them do what they can...some phone it in.  RoHo and MB I'm looking at you.

And Felix I don't hate.  UO but I kind of like him.

I liiiike Lucas.  Something about him is really handsome.  I think it's his eyes.  I'm a sucker for nice eyes.

And hell yeah to Rockford Files and Hawaii 5-0.  Seen 'em all.  James Garner and Jack Lord....be still my beating heart.

• Love 2
(edited)

I learned interesting things about current Golden Girls viewing today. I'm 38 and remember viewing it in real time and have no desire to re-watch it repeatedly.  Now, I can watch the Cosby Show, Frasier, Living Single and the Gilmore Girls on a loop. I'm also a lover of old black & white movies & musicals.

Before they paired Brad with Lucas I admit I had no use for the character, he was just too much, even with Parry's talent I just couldn't get behind him, especially when the object of his "affection" was Felix. But then they had Brad interacting with Lucas and I saw something I hadn't yet seen before, a spark.

Brad told Lucas that he "made him good", and I agree with that. I think Parry and Ryan were able to make both their characters come alive working together. Ryan is the sort of actor, imo, that the better actor he's paired with the better he is, and the way he and Parry connect and everything about them appears to be so natural and unforced, it resonated with me. I was willing to give Brad a pass for all he'd done before for the simple reason that I wanted to see what could come of a relationship with Lucas.

Hello, are you me?  I am sending you a bullet of love for your obvious brilliance, CPP83

All of the above, plus CoJones was HOTTTT! The kisses were realistic & the bed scene with Lucas' lips walking up Brad's chest, sigh. IMO, there was so much more story to tell. Then they threw Felix in the mix & blew it all to hell.

Frank telling PS to make Brad even creepier/sleazy when he first started is one reason, I balk when we are told stories are planned up to 18 months in advance. Why would you want Brad to be so skeevy when you plan on trying to put him in a pairing down the line. 

My friend thinks Cartini weren't going to pair Brad/Lucas, until they realized MS' limitation with male sexual contact & that he was a bust in the chemistry department.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 1

Remember everyone harassing Ryan on AMC for Gillian's heart? That was by far the worst browbeating for an organ on a soap I have ever watched.

And just think of the years and years of suffering we had to go through because they didn't think to harvest HIS.  Oh, if only someone had ripped the heart out of that thong-wearing, spittle-spewing wildebeeste all those years ago AMC might have survived.  But, then again, he might have been able to live without a heart.  He certainly wasn't slowed down by not having a brain.

• Love 3
(edited)
All of the above, plus CoJones was HOTTTT! The kisses were realistic & the bed scene with Lucas' lips walking up Brad's chest, sigh. IMO, there was so much more story to tell. Then they threw Felix in the mix & blew it all to hell.

BestestAuntEver, if only we could take over for those two and give them the storyline they deserve. Their very nekkid, trapped in bed, finding new and rather ingenious ways to use chocolate syrup storyline.

Amen and double amen. Lucas said himself that the sex was incredible, and he wasn't lying. I swear, I think my TV almost melted that day, I could not believe they were showing that much skin or doing so much to each other, but no, why have nice things, why have two men who are both incredibly good looking, imo, paired together and shooting off chemistry fireworks like nobody's business when you can insert Felix in the middle as the limpest, wet noodle of a third wheel ever.

Frank deserved a swift kick to the rear for how he wanted Brad to turn out, it wasn't necessary. Parry's probably one of the best, fresh faced, hires GH has had in the longest time and they've been wasting him from day one. The fact that he still tries, that he doesn't just sleep walk his way through his scenes, I want to shake the man's hand.

I am sending you a bullet of love for your obvious brilliance, CPP83

Aww, you make me feel like throwing barware at your head after I finish crunching my ice.

Edited by CPP83
  • Love 3

I don't know if Nathan's car has a backseat but if it does, how is Nathan to steer while shifting?  With his knees?  Is Maxie all of a sudden going to cooperate physically and sit in such a way to contort herself so Nathan can have his left hand on the wheel?  If we use soap logic, sure.  I drive a six speed.  I'm not picturing how this would work.

I agree -- it would have been quite ugly!  Maxie would have to be in the driver's seat because of how they were cuffed but she was not able to work the clutch. I used to drive a stick and I wouldn't have let Maxie practice on my clutch in that situation...

The issue of not getting a cab makes this story plot-pointy but I do agree that it would have been difficult for them to drive home as they were cuffed.

Exactly. I mean, I love The Golden Girls and I do know several gay men who love it, too, but like we got it after the first reference. It was just such overkill.

I started thinking they were plugging it for some reason. I remembered it being on NBC, but actually double checked because I was so confused as to why they were talking about it so much. Then, I wondered if ABC is tied to the Hallmark Channel that also shows it and that's why it was getting mentioned so much.  Eventually, I just gave up trying and tuned it out.

(edited)

Based on that picture? I do.  And, yeah, I know how to drive stick.  Downshift even.

They're just going to the police station in town. Going at night, right?

Maxie fits on the left-hand side of Nathan's lap. Leans against the door window. The girl weighs all of 90 pounds. The shift pedal doesn't require any mobility above the knees.  Plus, you only need to shift when slowing down or starting up. So, once they're cruising, it's like driving an automatic. Take the back roads, if necessary. And don't tell me there aren't any -- those are the only ones we ever see. Park far away from the building if need be. 

Trust me -- I've navigated tougher situations in my ill spent youth. And no, not that.  Most typically, it'd involve getting 7 or 8 people from point A to point B in someone's two-door hatchback or some such nonsense. And only 1 person's sober. Or there's an animal involved or some item to transport.

I still have to ask, though, are there no cabs in the town? Throw a coat over the handcuffs, if there's a concern about driver seeing the handcuffs. Was this really that complicated? 

I started thinking they were plugging it for some reason. I remembered it being on NBC, but actually double checked because I was so confused as to why they were talking about it so much. Then, I wondered if ABC is tied to the Hallmark Channel that also shows it and that's why it was getting mentioned so much.  Eventually, I just gave up trying and tuned it out.

This is Ron we're talking about. He views General Hospital as his personal playground, put there solely for his indulgence. These are all his favorite shows. And, Golden Girls aside, I have to say, his taste in television sucks.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 1

So is Nina out to *get* Silas for some assumed slight?  It's his fault she was in a coma for 20 years?  Is she really on her mother's side in all of this?

I assume WE NEVER CARED wants payback for Silas cheating on her with Ava.  & for daring to move on 20 years after she went into a coma.

I still have to ask, though, are there no cabs in the town? Throw a coat over the handcuffs, if there's a concern about driver seeing the handcuffs. Was this really that complicated?

But then Ron would have to write something other than plot points.  That's one thing I've enjoyed while watching older material.  People used to take cabs various places.  I guess all the cabbies had 4th of July off in Ron's world.

• Love 1

This is Ron we're talking about. He views General Hospital as his personal playground, put there solely for his indulgence. These are all his favorite shows. And, Golden Girls aside, I have to say, his taste in television sucks.

I get the reference to the Golden Girls.  That show was also referenced on HBO's series Looking by a couple of the young gay guys.  But I absolutely refuse to believe that any of us ever were devoted to Murder She Wrote.  Angela Lansbury, singing Sondheim, okay.  But Murder She Wrote got their ratings because it was broadcast to audiences in nursing homes, death row, and on those tv's in airports you can't change. 

I am just incredibly bored. I was thinking today about when Nash fell through the skylight on the Day of the Hat (OLTL). I had just come back to the show after several years, so was not terribly invested in Nash, or Nash/Jessica or even Jessica herself, but I was a damn puddle on the couch during the hospital stuff. This? God help me I have been watching regularly again since the OLTL folks originally crossed over and I can summon up no emotion whatsoever. Does anyone know if DOOL or the CBS soaps would be a better way to spend my time?

I have to tell you something. You really need to know this right away. I must tell you this, it is really important. Please, listen to me IT WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING!!!

(gets interrupted, passes out, whatever)

• Love 4

Maxie's head is probably 30 of those pounds.  She fought Nathan every step of the way.  Even if it were physically possible for her to sit on his lap while handcuffed, it would be idiotic for him to assume all of a sudden she wouldn't jerk her arm or lean across him to change the radio station.  I don't think even Nathan is that dumb.  And he seems fairly dumb.

I haven't seen Brad behave any way other than petulant and repulsive.  In one episode, he's sulking and forcing himself on 2 separate people.  Guessing there's a redeeming characteristic in there somewhere besides being great in bed.

Kiki was real smooth in asking for Rafe's blood type.  No easy way to ask I suppose. 

• Love 2

So I watched GH again today because I was working from home and there's still a part of me that craves the comfort of watching an afternoon block of soaps.  The only thing GH delivers anymore is WTFuckery and revulsion. 

Tracy dancing around claiming she found Alice a heart, and Michelle Stafford's disgusting character smiling that Rafe died for her, was as repulsive as anything Guza ever did.  What is wrong with these writers?  They have no sense of decency, no sense of humor, and no sense of storytelling.  And Michelle Stafford is a cartoon that is too painful to watch.

DOOL has its problems but I think it's pretty good right now, annabel.  I enjoy B&B, too, but wouldn't watch Y&R if someone paid me.

I really wish there was a retro soap network I would love to see shows like the Doctors, Another World and Santa Barbara.

That would be so awesome.  I'll also watch hours of Murder, She Wrote even though I've seen every episode more times than i can remember.  I've been watching The Love Boat, Brady Bunch, Perry Mason, and Columbo recently, too, and just love 'em.

• Love 3

So I had to wait a whole day to bring myself to watch Morgan and Kiki's crapfest of yesterday. I must have really pissed off the soap gods something fierce, because they obviously hate me to bring this vileness (back) to my screen. Just say no, Morgan!

The plus from yesterday was the Nathan/Dante bonding, that was the one true highlight. And I guess Lulu and Maxie as well, although I cringe every time she mentions the word embryo, since it's just a baseball bat to my heart at what's coming. I like Nathan/Maxie together a lot, but it's almost too slow for me at this point.

Levi in leaving nothing to the imagination's underwear was just gross.

Golden Girls, Schmolden Girls. Yeah, it was a good show. Quite funny. But the references today were typical Ron: shove it down our throats until it's neither.

Still really liking the Samtrick stuff. It just feels natural, unforced and with lots of rootability. Never cared about Rafe, never saw him as anything interesting or necessary. No problem whatsoever with him dying, and Silas needs to take a hike. This is a guy who for months did nothing but unsuccessfully try to pin Nina's coma on Ava. And sex up Sam. So now you're sorry about Rafe? Whatever, have several seats Snoreass.

Ugh, previews: STFU, Snarly.

• Love 1

Does anyone know if DOOL or the CBS soaps would be a better way to spend my time?

I can't speak about B&B but Days is the best of the other three. It has its problems but there is still stuff I find entertaining about it. Y&R competes with GH as being the worst soap on air.

I haven't seen Brad behave any way other than petulant and repulsive.  In one episode, he's sulking and forcing himself on 2 separate people.  Guessing there's a redeeming characteristic in there somewhere besides being great in bed.

If you need help with paternity lie he's your guy.

• Love 1