Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Oh sure they kill off Silas but the abominations that are Franco and Kiki still are still around.

*sniff* bye McBain er I mean Silas.

I'll kinda sorta miss ya.

I wanted Silas dead (though McBain can still come back if whatever's going on with that litigation ever ends), but sheesh.  Why him before, say, Nina, Franco, Kiki, etc.?  Silas was kind of sort of okay at first, at least by RC character standards, until the massive nosedive he took when he started yapping about effing (not really dead!) Nina non-stop for months on end.  

Now Silas is dead but we're still stuck with that boil on the ass of this show?  WHAT is she doing here?  At least Silas was a doctor.  

• Love 10

Oh, I know that the writers intent is for Samtrick to be in love and they're completely innocent, etc. However, I do think yesterday's bed scene and today's hospital scene played kinda weird, but I won't bug you with that, lol.

Also, I love Budig, too! I just hate how Ron wrote Hayden.

They were completely weird.  And it's really frigging stupid that Sam camped out at GH to ask Patrick if he spoke to Liz yet.  I don't understand the damn rush.  She couldn't have waited until he got home?  Or even just called him?  I assume they have each others cell numbers, I mean they are living together.  Like I said, the writing is atrocious.  Nothing feels organic.

• Love 7
Just remember, Silas' "undead" lookalike brother Stephen Clay/Caleb Morley is still out there.

Which means that the option exists that they could bring Silas back alive and well and claim that the dead guy was Caleb. 

• Love 3

Ron just had to take an OLTLer out with him huh....

By, ME. I actually didn't actively root for you to be killed here on GH. I'll miss... That there's now one less person to call out Morgan for exactly what he is now and then.

• Love 9

I actually liked Easton as McBain & Silas. He had great chemistry with Monaco, too. He's really great when has to play anger scenes like he did with Howarth & West. The scenes yesterday with West were on fire. I am curious how the whole firing thing came about. Was it FV thing? A RC thing before he was fired himself? Did Easton want out? I didn't think there was a need to kill Silas off. Now, nuKiki is a whole other story. I didn't mind it too much when Kristen Alderson played her. I was a sucker for the OLTL transplants. When she left and was replaced by the blonde girl (Erin?) was the end for me. She's not a very good actress and she doesn't have any chemistry with either Chad Duhel, Bryan Craig or Roger Howarth.

• Love 5

They were completely weird. And it's really frigging stupid that Sam camped out at GH to ask Patrick if he spoke to Liz yet. I don't understand the damn rush. She couldn't have waited until he got home? Or even just called him? I assume they have each others cell numbers, I mean they are living together. Like I said, the writing is atrocious. Nothing feels organic.

Exactly how I feel. I'm still in shock that this show is such a failure in the romantic department. I don't even understand how to "ship" on Ron's GH. There should always be a months-long period where a couple has their own story without a third or fourth party and they're fully TOGETHER and in love and have moments and that's not happening with anyone. It's crazy.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 4

Exactly how I feel. I'm still in shock that this show is such a failure in the romantic department. I don't even understand how to "ship" on Ron's GH. There should always be a months-long period where a couple has their own story without a third or fourth party and they're fully TOGETHER and in love and have moments and that's not happening with anyone. It's crazy.

That's because there were no couples - save for his pets involved with vet GH characters to push his characters. They were chess pieces. How RC has stayed so long in the genre when it is clear he just cannot write outright romance - no, not mere people fucking, two different animals - mystifies me.

GH became the first (I guess) completely romance-free soap. The ratings proved that without a doubt.

• Love 9

I love Genie Francis.  She’s the only reason I’m watching this crap.  Does anyone know when she’s leaving and how long she’ll be gone?

How can Liz possibly be redeemed at this point?  Even if Jake were somehow not Jason (which I’d wish for if TIIC had not so stupidly killed off AJ and all of Monica’s other kids weren’t also dead), she still did all this horrible shit.  Nikolas is also pretty far gone.  At least Liz has a reason for doing what she’s doing, even if it is crazy and evil, but Nik has no excuse. 

It sucks that Ron C. was allowed to run roughshod over these characters for so long.  He should have been fired well over a year ago.  The new writers really have their work cut out for them.

Hopefully Ava won’t be the killer since that would mean the end of Maura West’s run.  It should be Nina.  Then her and Franco go on the run, never to be seen or heard from again.  Or they can drive off a cliff into the sea.  Or die in a hail of bullets Bonnie and Clyde style.  I really don’t care, as long as they get off my screen.

• Love 9

Frankly, I think Liz is in a corner, too. And as much as I loathe her on a good day, well...as batshit crazy and borderline villainous as she is now, maybe JP/SA will rip a page out of the Ron Carlivati soap tropes book and Liz will be the newest recipient of Franco's brain tumor!

Never mind that laziness didn't work at all for Franco, but hey, hope springs eternal.

Because beyond that, Liz is pretty much screwed right now.

• Love 6

I really think ME is being offered up as a sacrifice because FV & RC still aren't willing to admit that Franco is a disaster of a character who needs to be removed.

And I'm not sorry that ME is gone; Silas was awful. I remember hating him and his awful Dr. House impression just as much as I hated Franco and he didn't even have chem with KeMo to redeem the character.

I do wish that he was leaving town instead of being murdered because I am deeply uninterested in the suspects, the story and watching Kiki attempt to grieve

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 8

So Nina and franco aren't heartbreaking the way that FV twitter spoiled today lol.

What is wrong with this man?  This is a serious question.  Is he stunted in some way?  I've heard that he's stubborn and a bit arrogant, and so will not admit to making a mistake, but his strange pimping of Franco and Nina goes beyond that.

• Love 4

Frankly, I think Liz is in a corner, too. And as much as I loathe her on a good day, well...as batshit crazy and borderline villainous as she is now, maybe JP/SA will rip a page out of the Ron Carlivati soap tropes book and Liz will be the newest recipient of Franco's brain tumor!

Never mind that laziness didn't work at all for Franco, but hey, hope springs eternal.

Because beyond that, Liz is pretty much screwed right now.

I've always hated the'[insert medical condition here] may me do it so I'm not reaponsivle' trope, and I hate mental breakdowns even more, especially when it's a "wimmins".

What I would love to see if for the show to really break the mold and so an episode or even two that is just one scene, possibly interspersed with flashbacks, of Liz and Laura talking about their issues and mistakes and Laura helping Liz find a place of healing and strength.

I think Becky and Genie would kill it, and probably nab Emmy's for themselves and the show.

And then the next episode could be Carly, Sam, etc trying to verbally assault Liz, then Laura stepping in and something akin to 'I don't condone or support what Liz did, but call in her a 'psycho' and/or a 'slut' isn't getting anywhere', and then we could see Liz step up and take responsibility for her actions and decide to see a therapist and then actually show us bits of those sessions and real character growth.

ETA: I realize as an early 30's guy I am not the target audience for this show. But I'm so tired of women physically and verbally attacking each other like middle school girls.

That's not to say there isn't ever a time, place, and circumstances for this behavior. For example, when Lulu finds out that Val tasted Dante's pepperoni, she has every right to launch a verbal tirade against Val. But she also needs to fling insults at Dante and if she physically assaumts anyone it should be her husband who broke his marital vow. One of the things I hated most about the 'Niz' affair is that all the insults were thrown at Liz and Nik skated.

All of that said, I'm up for anyone saying to anyone at anytime that they "rutted like farm animals". That will never not be funny.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 10

On the topic of this Greenlee person, I'm a "no."  I get that when so many soaps folded it left a lot of known talent without jobs, but why are we obligated to employ all of them?  I was somewhat tolerant of the OLTL invasion (round 1) because I felt bad for the OLTL fans whose show had folded, GH and OLTL seemed at least sort of related after having been back-to-back for decades, and I hoped much-needed new viewers would follow their favorite OLTL characters over.  But since then, the running around to scoop up actors from other shows has gotten to ridiculous proportions.  We have the OLTL3v2, Nina, Madeline, nuJason (though at least he's a recast character instead of a rando), and now this Greenlee person.  It's too much.  And there's no evidence that viewers of other shows are following these actors over to GH!

Also, y'all, these people are old.  As are most of the Gh vets.  I was super-opposed to Guza killing off or marginalizing everyone, especially women, at the sign of the first wrinkle, but this is ridiculous to the other extreme.  75% of the folks getting airtime on this show are over 40 at this point.  The 25-35 set, formerly the bread and butter of daytime, is a virtual black hole.  Soaps need new talent.  The endless shuffling of several dozen aging actors (not to mention half a dozen writers) around among the 4 shows that are left is not helping much with the perception that the genre is dying.

• Love 9

If Budig must be on the show then make her a brainwashed Emily. I don't think she and Jasus ever got physical. And at least then she'd be a doctor and a Q, two things this show desperately needs. Besides, Emily's reaction to what Nik & Liz have done really is needed, and Nik realizing he put a hit out on Emily would be genuinely soapy stuff.

I think I'd go a set farther and reveal that "Rebecca Shaw" had also been Emily. The story that Nik had her back twice and threw her away could he a great story.

ETA: and I think the show should finally introduce Valentin Cassadine and explain that he was behind it all. Have Helena show up terrified and explain that she thought she and Luke had killed him back in 2009 (when he was first supposed to show up) but he faked his death and has been manipulating people and things for years.

ETA 2: and if Frank is absolutely determined to keep Roger, then reveal James Franco's character was actually Valentin and Roger's character is actually Stephen Lars that Valentinkidnapped from prison and brainwashed.

Robin, being the brilliant researcher she is, can come up with a "cure" to undo all of Valentin's brainwashings and that's part of why he's manipulated various villains into kidnapping her.

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 10

You guys, this is the same show that had Sonny MURDER AJ in cold blood and it' been forgotten a year later.  Even the victims SON is "warming" back up to the dude.  Come on, Liz will get through her ordeal too.  It doesn't even have to make sense.  One day everyone hates her, the next day they don't because....reasons.  Helena....commercial break.

I honestly think that due to budget cuts, they had to purge their equipment.  They traded in their laptops and just use old mad lib pads to write scripts now.

• Love 11

You guys, this is the same show that had Sonny MURDER AJ in cold blood and it' been forgotten a year later.  Even the victims SON is "warming" back up to the dude.  Come on, Liz will get through her ordeal too.  It doesn't even have to make sense.  One day everyone hates her, the next day they don't because....reasons.  Helena....commercial break.

Sonny is different. People (both on the show and the audience) expect him to be an asshole. Sure, the other characters stop by for a chat every couple of months or so, and give lip service to how he's awesome deep deep down, but the only person who actually hangs out with him on a consistent basis is Carly. 

It's harder for a "good" character to recover when they do something drastic like this. And this is pretty damn drastic of Liz, and not only has it been one slip-up, it's been going on consistently for months. I wouldn't call myself the biggest Liz fan ever but I've always been fond of her and even I yesterday was like, "someone stop her".

• Love 3
pulling Laura in with her bogus concerns about Nickolas

Pfft. I've lost patience with all of these ostensible adults refusing to face consequences for their actions.

[Rebecca Budig is] here to stay.

Zzzzzzzz. Hayden is a bore and pointless. Watch her fall in love with Jakeson, because he's just that irresistible to all women.

• Love 3

I think Liz went past the point of no return with her scenes with Laura yesterday. All I could think was I just want Liz and Nik off my screen. I really hate that they actually had Liz succeed in manipulating her.

And the idea that Monica's grief isn't the same... Yeah it's not the same because as far as Monica knows all her children have been murdered so in the contest of losing children and pain Monica wins.

I also kept thinking that whatever is on Chad Duell's head was going to get up and walk away. What is up with his hair?

• Love 3

Also, y'all, these people are old. As are most of the Gh vets. I was super-opposed to Guza killing off or marginalizing everyone, especially women, at the sign of the first wrinkle, but this is ridiculous to the other extreme. 75% of the folks getting airtime on this show are over 40 at this point. The 25-35 set, formerly the bread and butter of daytime, is a virtual black hole. Soaps need new talent. The endless shuffling of several dozen aging actors (not to mention half a dozen writers) around among the 4 shows that are left is not helping much with the perception that the genre is dying.

For me. It's not just that they are old but older characters without a GH connection. Why should I care about these random 40 and 50 year olds? Sorry but that's what Budig, Stafford and Roger are.

I would care if, they added Tom Hardy, Simone, Tom Hardy Jr, Sarah Webber, Steven Lars, etc but I don't give a damn about these random additions that will have families added like the Silas/Westborne clan.

The really should be adding to the younger set with Anna Donnelly, Serena and Christina, Sarah could have children or AJ could have a long lost child.

I don't want the days of Guza and we do need a balance but I don't have any hope. Instead like you said, we have had an influx of random seasoned soap stars. TPTB, need to be fixing things before they start adding unnecessary WE Never Cared characters.

ETA: I wish they would initially use TG's opened up salary money to improve sets and give housing to actual vets. At this rate Greenlee will have housing before Anna.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 12

I know GreenleeHayden is going to have amnesia or some shit but I'm happy that she will be around to worry Nik and Liez. I hope batshit crazy Liez gets caught trying to smother her. 

So now Liez is trying to emotionally manipulate Laura into keeping quiet. What a pathetic little crackpot. I like how she exposed Nik for getting Hayden shot and then tried to pretend like she just wants to keep him from going to prison. STFU. Nik is an asshole for telling you that Jake is Jason but he didn't force you to do anything. You went along with his plan without much hesitation because you're a selfish desperate bitch. I can't wait for these freaks to be exposed. 

Too bad Nina didn't end up standing over Franco, Ava, Madeline and Dr. O's mutilated and disemboweled bodies. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 6

Oh, the deep-fried fuckery of it all. Of course I'm talking about the never-ending saga of Jake Doe. Between Liz, Nik, Lucky & now, Laura, the list of people controlling Jake-son's fate keeps growing. Jason's never been one of my favorite characters, but seeing several other characters-most of whom I either liked or used to like-playing God with his life without giving him a choice in the matter is disgusting, to say the least. On top of my shit list, naturally, is Liz, who spouts off about how much she "loves" Jason, conveniently forgetting that the last time she tried to pull this kind of shit on him, he dumped her, as he should have. Letting Jake be a part of the boys' lives out of the "goodness" of her heart doesn't mean shit to me because it's based on a lie-or, rather, another lie. If Liz loved Jason as much as she says and/or thinks she does, then she would've respected him enough to be honest with him a long time ago, regardless of the cost. That way, she would've had Jason's respect, but at the rate she's going, when the truth comes out, she won't even have that, nor will she deserve it. Liz's lies are bad enough if she were just hurting Jason, but she's also hurting Sam, Michael and especially Monica. it also affects Sonny & Snarly, but IDGAF about them, so whatever. ITA with the posters who said that Laura should've smacked whatever passes for taste out of Liz's mouth for trivialzing Monica's grief. News, flash, Liez: Jason may not have been flesh of Monica's flesh, but she loved him just the same and forcing her to keep mourning a son whom you know isn't dead is an all-time low, even for you.

Speaking of low, that leads me to Nik. I'd care about Nik's being butthurt about Scotty & Michael's being mean to him if he was the old Nik, but since he's turned to the Dark Side, all bets are off. Yeah, Nicky, losing your family fortune sucks, but that's neither Scotty nor the Quartermaine's fault. Maybe if you sold some of your assets instead of stealing the Qs', you wouldn't be in Scotty and/or Michael's crosshairs in the first place. Any shade that Scotty & Michael throw at you Nicky boy, you deserve. Of course, if you had put Helena in a real prison where she belonged, you wouldn't be in deep shit now. It's your fault for being crazy, not theirs for so-called "poking" it. Your crimes are nobody's fault but yours, therefore  you should suffer, just like Liez, as far as I'm concerned.  

I don't think Nikolas was acting hurt. I don't think he even cared what Scotty and Michael had to say.

Nik may not have acted "hurt" in the usual sense, but his faking innocence about any improprieties re the ELQ takeover and his smugness prove that while he said he didn't care, his attitude not only says otherwise IMO, it could lead to his downfall.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 9

I'm sorry for the question--and I have read a bunch of pages trying to figure it out, but it seems convoluted--but could someone fill me in on what's going on with Nik and Liz?  I've been mostly away from the show for about a year (thanks Franco and Neener!) but am trying to come back to give the new writer a shot and can't figure this one out.

I'm sorry for the question--and I have read a bunch of pages trying to figure it out, but it seems convoluted--but could someone fill me in on what's going on with Nik and Liz?  I've been mostly away from the show for about a year (thanks Franco and Neener!) but am trying to come back to give the new writer a shot and can't figure this one out.

I'll give it a shot over in the History topic, @Rancide...

Sonny is different. People (both on the show and the audience) expect him to be an asshole. Sure, the other characters stop by for a chat every couple of months or so, and give lip service to how he's awesome deep deep down, but the only person who actually hangs out with him on a consistent basis is Carly. 

It's harder for a "good" character to recover when they do something drastic like this. And this is pretty damn drastic of Liz, and not only has it been one slip-up, it's been going on consistently for months. I wouldn't call myself the biggest Liz fan ever but I've always been fond of her and even I yesterday was like, "someone stop her".

I know, Sonny definitely is different he was just the first example I thought of.  But almost every person on this show has done terrible shitty things and have been able to come back from it.   Sam watched Jake get kidnapped, Maxie supplied Lucky with pills, Michael slept with Kiki...wait.  That's not what I meant.   I just mean that I really don't think Liz can't come back from this....eventually. 

• Love 4

I know, Sonny definitely is different he was just the first example I thought of.  But almost every person on this show has done terrible shitty things and have been able to come back from it.   Sam watched Jake get kidnapped, Maxie supplied Lucky with pills, Michael slept with Kiki...wait.  That's not what I meant.   I just mean that I really don't think Liz can't come back from this....eventually. 

Right, but (very comparatively speaking, as it was different degrees of suck) the other characters had relatively better writing. Which is another strike against Liz, especially with GH being at the end of its rope. Time will tell if Liz can come back from this, but the circumstances don't bode well.

• Love 2

I think she can too, but at this point it should be 6 month stint in shadybrook or something like that.

I love Genie Francis.  She’s the only reason I’m watching this crap.  Does anyone know when she’s leaving and how long she’ll be gone?

She's supposed to be back in September.  I thought her last air date was supposed to be July 29, but she is in drops for next week, so maybe her absence won't be so glaring.  

My fear is  since they got Princess Budig they'll deem Genie no longer necessary.

• Love 3

My advice?  If you want to check out what the new writers are doing, don't bother watching for at least a month or two.  We're stuck with Ron's stuff until then.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 1

Have it turn out she is Faison in a mask.

If Budig must be on the show then make her a brainwashed Emily. I don't think she and Jasus ever got physical. And at least then she'd be a doctor and a Q, two things this show desperately needs. Besides, Emily's reaction to what Nik & Liz have done really is needed, and Nik realizing he put a hit out on Emily would be genuinely soapy stuff.

It would also make sense as to why she beelined straight for Nik's bed.

• Love 2

Sorry, , but if anyone needs to return to be with Anna, for moi, it is Robert or bust! Then they can, you know, remember they have brains and go find their daughter!

Well, romantically, yes, Robert and Anna. But I don't like this Tree and his being Dr. OXs kid etc. I liked the mentor relationship with McBain and Anna.

I kind of like RB.  Sad for her on AMC to be stuck with Cameron Mathison.  If y'all think Nathan can't act you should look at old clips.  They were the great two wuv *rme*.  I hope the new writers  give her some good material.

I'm in a quandary about RoHo.  I love the actor but why in the hell did the cast him as Franco?  He would have made a great snarky Dr....and Lord knows we could use more at GH.

I'm usually a Liz fan but she's gonna have a hard fall when this Jakeson secret comes out.  She's not thinking ahead.  She'll be the town pariah.

Sorry to see ME go just as he got some fire in his eye.  Still pondering who killed Silas but I've seen enough Perry Masons to know it wasn't Nina.

Morgan, honey, keep it in your pants.  Ava, buy a vibrator......

• Love 7
(edited)

So. I finally watched the last three weeks in two hours yesterday.

I won't go over stuff everyone else has, but will say that I thought Tyler and JJ were great in their scenes together, even if the dialogue was crap.

Genie continues to look amazing, and I loved Laura's gasp of anger and shock, when the words "I'll lose ELQ shares" came out of Nik's mouth.  Though I do agree, that her "I can't argue with that" when he threw her keeping him a secret, was lame. Because it wasn't just to keep her family together; there was the threat of her family and loved ones being killed. Wish Laura had brought that up.  Speaking of, too bad JJ and Tyler couldn't have written their own lines where Lucky could have thrown in "So you would have preferred that I hadn't come back from the dead, because you all had grieved for me and had moved on?" or something like that.

And the way Liz can manage to look sane one moment and then switch to a crazy woman who definitely needs to be sent away is causing me whiplash. Oh, if only Laura had said that what Liz was doing was keeping a man who wasn't her husband from a woman who was his wife and who he loved and loved him.  But no, Liz had to go and lie about Nik. Not the part about him putting a hit on Hayden (because, he did, right?) but the rest--him being cold and flat and acting like a killer that so SCARED her, and managed to manipulate Laura. I'm hoping this week, Nik will see what Liz said, not because I feel bad for Nik, because I don't want Laura to be manipulated.

And Scott may have thought that he could have gotten Laura to tell him the sekrit, that wasn't what I saw.  She said what she did, and got up to leave, when Bobbie showed up.  Scotty was just manipulating Nik, heh.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1
Morgan, honey, keep it in your pants.  Ava, buy a vibrator......

Considering that the only people I can recall seeing Ava sex up on screen are Morgan and Sonny, the vibrator just might be too intelligent for her tastes. 

• Love 10

This thread is for discussing the episodes, not behind-the-scenes activities such as who went to the higher ups or Ron's plans regarding RoHo/Franco/Todd. I moved several posts to the appropriate thread.

Re Franco/Nina, I don't think that there's a number high enough for all the seats they need to have, separately & together. First, Franco. His daring to judge anyone, including Silas, to paraphrase All About Eve, "beats all records for running, jumping and standing balls." In hip-hop terms, Silas is Drake and Franco is Meek Mill, meaning that Silas, for all his faults, still managed to be way better than Franco, who thinks he's the shit, but that's just what he's full of.  At least Silas was in Scotty's office to confess his crimes, not commit yet another one-and for another criminal, at that. The only Baldwin who had any right to judge Silas at that point was Scotty, not Franco. Silas had more right to be in Scotty's office than Franco did, whether his daddy's the DA or not. And all this for who-Nina? To exonerate her for one of the few crimes she hasn't committed, this time, anyway? GMAFB!

Then there's Nina, who's been batshit crazy since before Ric & Magda started gaslighting her, which I've got no problem with. If I cared about Nina, which I NEVER DID and if she was someone worth caring about, which she never was nor will be, I might be tempted to feel sorry for her, but since I've never given any semblance of a fuck about her nor Franco, pitying her is not only not an option, since she very likely killed Silas, who even at his worst, still managed to be a much better person than both of them combined, his demise will hopefully be the end to their reign of terror. That Franco, Nina, Ava & Morgan are still alive while Silas isn't is just one more strike against this shit show.

Poor Silas. He wasn't my favorite character either, but he didn't deserve to die, especially not for/because of them. As much as Silas has pissed me off lately, that's how great he was for trying to do the right thing, unlike the potential suspects in his murder. Besides Franco & Nina, Morgan & Ava definitely belong on the list. First, Ava. Silas risked everything for Ava when he didn't have to and she made him regret it ever since. In retrospect, Silas should have let Ava die because Avery would have only had one mobbed-up parent to worry about, Kiki wouldn't have been betrayed by her mother again (not that Kiki shouldn't suffer) and Silas might still be alive. If Ava killed Silas or had something to do with his murder, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. After all, Ava has killed before. Ava claims to love Kiki & Morgan, but she's betrayed them both in different ways and neither of them even know it, which, in retrospect, serves them right. Then there's Morgan. He's never been the brightest star in the sky, but his calling Silas a "hypocrite" was bullshit. Morgan lost the privilege of playing that card when he started cheating on Kiki with DenAva and looked Silas in the eye and lied about it. Silas' being Kiki's father gave him the right to judge Morgan & DenAva. Silas' busting Morgan & DenAva in bed together and reading them for the filth they are was brilliant. I hope that Scotty & Jordan make Franco, Nina, Ava & Morgan's lives as miserable as possible.

RIP, Silas.

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 5

Jason may not have been flesh of Monica's flesh, but she loved him just the same and forcing her to keep mourning a son whom you know isn't dead is an all-time low, even for you.

And the idea that Monica's grief isn't the same... Yeah it's not the same because as far as Monica knows all her children have been murdered so in the contest of losing children and pain Monica wins.

THIS is what puts Liz over the edge of no return for me.  I was actually impressed that Show remembered that Jakeson had a mother named Monica, since she's been absent even from conversations about him mostly until this past week.  We got references to "The Quartermaines" have mourned Jason, have come to terms with Jason's death - as if there is any member of the surviving Quartermaine clan that gives a rats ass about Jason other than Monica and Michael.  And  Michael is a late addition to the clan in my opinion.  So Laura's forceful defense of Monica's right to know was impressive to me.

And then we had Liz immediately not only dismiss it, but barely mention it.  Instead, after being so fake nice to Monica on the previous episode, in her futher conversation with Laura she didn't even bother to address Monica's pain at all.  She switched immediately into manipulating Laura into keeping the secret by trying - and succeeding - to scare her about Nik's culpability.  

Show may want to forget Monica exists but funny, that, we seem to remember.

Liz is as dead to me as that doll Britt tossed on the grill was.  Lucky should forget about his "darkness" and come back and take those kids away from this selfish, insane sociopath.

And when the truth comes out, I hope Monica puts on her nine-inch heels and kicks Liz - literally - to the curb.

• Love 13
Liz is as dead to me as that doll Britt tossed on the grill was.

Even though her character deserves some retribution, I'd rather watch ten gazillion Liz scenes than one single scene of Franco or Sonny or Nina or Denise or Kiki.

Edited by sunnyface
  • Love 8

I don't think RC has ever done a decent redemption story anyway but I don't think most of the audience has the patience to watch the kind of redemption stoy that soap characters used to get. But that doesn't mean a HW can give a half-assed DVD party with a side of tumor and redeem a serial killer - it means that there are a few more restrictions on the list of behaviors that are soap redeemable.

That restrictions vary a little based upon the popularity and longevity of the character but they exist and RC was never very good at either recognizing the line that shouldn't be crossed or pulling a character back from the edge

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 3
(edited)

I just realized something. I'm pissed that JJ and Genie didn't get a last scene together--that despite the fuckery of why Lucky felt he had to leave (and we knew JJ wasn't going to stay), I wanted Lucky and Laura to at least have an onscreen good-bye, and have him tell Laura why feels he can't stay.

And SheBeast can just keep her fucking mouth shut and not try too hard to tax her peabrain as to why she thinks Laura  is  "off." None of your fucking business, acting as if they have had a relationship and has any right to butt her nose in. And I laughed, LAUGHED and not in a funny way, when she told Laura, that "running" Deception prepared her for owning/"running" a hotel.  Because marrying Jax had nothing to do with it.

Oh and I know I mentioned it before, but I did love Laura slamming her hand down and telling Liz that Monica's grief was "the same thing!" They are all mothers. Just loved the way she said that. So of course Liz had to switch strategies and paint Nik as a cold-blooded monster. Not that he hasn't turned into one, but what I've seen onscreen contradicts everything coming out of Liz's mouth--like she's suddenly scairt of Nik. 

ETA: because to has a different meaning than too!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 8

I was about 50 pages behind in this thread and I really tried to get entirely caught up, but much like Ron's writing I just said fuck it. I did read the last 15 pages or so though, and I'm all caught up with the show now.

Friday aside from the SERIAL KILLER and I NEVER CARED's epic reunion was pretty good actually. Stuff is finally starting to come out. The pacing was better, the acting in the Genie/Becky scenes was good, even though Liz is scum.

Am I the only one who thinks that Ava killing Silas is entirely too obvious? I don't think it's her, Morgan or Nina. All red herrings. Probably either Madeline or Ric, hopefully Madeline. But for someone really shocking, as it's rumored to be, I hope it's Kiki herself. Maybe she came back, he told her the truth, and she freaked out and hallucinated or something like that. In any case, Ava certainly wouldn't be shocking. Besides, if it really was her, she wouldn't be shaking like a leaf. I think she thinks it's Morgan. And bye Silas, won't miss you, glad you're gone.

I guess I'll sit all alone in my corner and be happy that Rebecca Budig is back to stay.  I love her.

I don't know if I love her, but I don't mind her coming back. I enjoyed her first run. Now if we could dump Franco, Nina, Kiki and Madeline then we'd be in good shape. And Denise (this has to be coming to an end soon), I'm hoping

it's next week when Ava "drops a bombshell".

Not Ava, but Denise.

• Love 3