Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Oh, nitpick, but besides being hurt by the anvil of "Lulu has to choose between her family and her husband", I found it weird Lulu would have an old school picture of Luke, Lucky and Laura around. She's always hated that they had all these adventures without her, why would she have a reminder of that around?

• Love 2
I don't understand why Liz is so gung-ho to help Nikolas get ELQ.

Oracle42 already mentioned it, but Nik has convinced Liz that if he owns ELQ, that will mean Jake is out of Michael's orbit and therefore will have no memory joggings of being Jason. Right, because living in Port Charles, surrounded by other memories of Jason's life, won't do squat there.

It's as stupid as the reason why Nik is trying to takeover ELQ.

• Love 10

Geez Michael if you locked your freakin' office door, maybe there would be less chance of people trying to take over your company and certainly less chance of people defiling your couch.  

And really Morgan and "Denise" you just have to have each other right now, right here?  Geez louise, calm your hormones a little, or Avery will end up with a sibling in 9 months.  

Kiki:  why is she so dumb?  No really, why?  

• Love 7
(edited)

And his alleged BFF is the worst.  I don't understand why Liz is so gung-ho to help Nikolas get ELQ.

I  think Liz is just the kind of person who justifies her crappy behavior by the fact that other people are doing crappy things. She doesn't want to say anything against Nikolas because then she'd have to face the fact that she herself is a moral void. She always has been, IMO. The smirky evil isn't OOC, it's her real character.

I just need someone to slap her so hard her teeth rattle when this is all over. I can at least get that Nik is too lazy to just, you know, downsize or get a job to pay for his lavish lifestyle. But Lizzard is doing all this for SEX.

She deserves to be the town pariah, the new Carly, after this, and I hope she will be. I don't think there will be too many people in town who won't have issues with her after this.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 8

Since no one else has said it, I'll just say that thank GOD the misunderstanding as to what Sam was doing was resolved only within a few episodes.  I thought this was going to drag on.  Now that it's over and done with, everyone can focus on working together to shut down Nikolas and Rosalie.

Needless to say, it was that reason that I enjoyed the Tracy/Michael/Sabrina/Jake(son)/Sam scenes.

• Love 15
(edited)

He certainly let Guza do whatever he wanted for years.  Ditto Chuck Pratt on AMC.  It's not just Ron.

no, I agree. It's why I named Frons.

I was actually thinking Dillon's movie will be an anvil about him loving Lulu or something.

Everyone please stop putting all these ideas out in the universe. 

Or - I just thought of it - maybe Franco and Dillon will collaborate because they're both artistes.

See? You have me doing it too!

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
(edited)

Funny thing, I was rewatching Johnny Z's early stories, and I thought the mob stuff was achingly dull, in business mode or when they were shooting/blowing stuff up.

I too live in fear of them bring up Dillon's film career.

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 1

Hey! Ron has heard of mumblecore, congratulations for learning a film.... thing! And the names of at least two people who are doing it.

Denise continues to amuse with her inability to be anything approaching subtle w/r/t seeing AJ. And since when is being deprived of one's child such a powerful aphrodisiac? I'm just relieved that Sonny isn't so similarly afflicted.

And let me just add to the others who are sad for poor Michael's couches.

• Love 7
(edited)

The Denise/Ava plot makes Dobson the butler look like As You Like It. At least the scriptwriters were solid back then. The Morticia wig is killin' me, and Maura West's pop-eye hammy tics are at their worst in this story. It's honestly killing so much that I can otherwise enjoy.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 11

I really wish people would stop telling stupid blabber mouth Liez stuff they want to remain a secret.

I wish Monica would have overheard Ava's rant to Edward's picture and beat the shit out of her. Who the fuck does that asshole think she is getting pissy because Michael won't let some stranger spend alone time with Avery and then having the audacity to verbally attack Edward's picture. Fuckbag. 

I'm glad this "Sam is a lying, scheming, backstabbing bitch" crap is over with and now Michael knows the truth. 

Morgan and Ava are nasty as fuck and Ava is a terrible mother. 

• Love 9

The Frons/Guza/RC talk does not belong in this thread. And the OLTL talk doesn't belong in this forum (no matter how cleverly veiled). Please stop and take the discussions to the appropriate areas. Thank you.

(edited)

Hey! Ron has heard of mumblecore, congratulations for learning a film.... thing! And the names of at least two people who are doing it.

Sadly, Dillon fits the mumblecore filmmaker profile on so many, many levels. I've had to work on too many of those.

Denise/Ava ain't subtle, period! Even before this Addams Family cosplay Ava's always had a terrible poker face where she starts flashing everything but radiation warnings with her crazy eyes, any time she's in trouble! Facial tics, bug eyes, the works! I love MW and I find Ava to be a great character when written well, but the ham levels were already quite elevated without adding all this nonsense.

Edited by OnceSane
  • Love 2
(edited)

Oh, nitpick, but besides being hurt by the anvil of "Lulu has to choose between her family and her husband", I found it weird Lulu would have an old school picture of Luke, Lucky and Laura around. She's always hated that they had all these adventures without her, why would she have a reminder of that around?

For reasons/because of course!

I really wish people would stop telling stupid blabber mouth Liez stuff they want to remain a secret.

I wish Monica would have overheard Ava's rant to Edward's picture and beat the shit out of her. Who the fuck does that asshole think she is getting pissy because Michael won't let some stranger spend alone time with Avery and then having the audacity to verbally attack Edward's picture. Fuckbag.

I'm glad this "Sam is a lying, scheming, backstabbing bitch" crap is over with and now Michael knows the truth.

Morgan and Ava are nasty as fuck and Ava is a terrible mother.

Thank you @leftphalange for writing my review for me!

ETA: as nasty as Morgan & DenAva are, I still love and want "Amor" and for Avery to be their daughter.

I also want The Mooch to walk in on The Captain fucking her "aunt" and for her to run out of the building and get hit by a car, or for her to jump out of a window, get hit by a falling crane, chandelier, eat poisoned pancakes, take your pick!

ETA 2: I wonder how much Dom would charge to give a "get a job, ya lazy bastard" speech to someone for me?

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 10

I feel bad for Michael's couch but for a minute there I thought they were going to do it right up against Edward's portrait, so it could have been worse.

Ohhhhhh, Lucky's kidnappers require that Luke and Laura pretend to be a couple. Well, it all makes sense now.

• Love 4

I was just texting with my aunt about today's episode and she said she heard 25 and so did my mother, but I totally thought he said 29. I think the truth is Billy Miller flubbed after "twenty-" 

That's because BM is always mumbling his lines and talking through his teeth.  I can't understand him most of the time.

I can't believe neither of the brain trusts bothered to think about what Sam does for a living....She IS a PI....Maybe, just maybe that's why she is bugging stuff?  If Jake and Mikey get much dumber, Morgan and Kiki might NOT be the town idiots much longer.

Jake and Michael weren't dumb.  Yeah, Sam is a PI, but why is she bugging Michael's office?  Clearly she's doing something behind Michael's back, and it's not for Michael.  So naturally he and Jake would be suspicious.  It's not like they would know that she's working FOR the Qs.

Maxie has two jobs? Laughable. I wish Valerie decked her smug mooching ass. I did like Maxie's dress..

I loved everything about Maxie the other day, and I think KS and DZ were hysterical.  I also like that Maxie got in Valerie's face because Maxie was absolutely correct about Valerie's motives.  Maxie should know.

I would love the ELQ story if it made the slightest bit of sense. Michael is too young to be running the company by himself. AJ, Ned and Tracy should have been part of this story

Well Ned and Tracey are the ones that gave away almost half of the company, but I am loving that Michael and Tracey are teaming up to save their company.  And yes, I wish Ned were there too (and AJ), but RC let them both walk away (and then he hired more newbies).

First Michael's couch at home gets defiled by his parents now his couch at the office gets defiled by Morgan/Ava.  Gross.

Don't forget that Morgan and Kiki defiled it too.  I swear Michael better swear off having couches in any place where he works or lives.

Jake and Michael weren't dumb. Yeah, Sam is a PI, but why is she bugging Michael's office? Clearly she's doing something behind Michael's back, and it's not for Michael. So naturally he and Jake would be suspicious. It's not like they would know that she's working FOR the Qs.

Michael was dumb. Why would he EVER think Sam would work against him? Just because she bugged Rosalie's phone without him knowing it doesn't mean she's working against him; it means the fewer people who know what's going on the more likely she'll find something out. 

"No one said it was going to be my job to [something] your intentions are; what's going on in your little brain." Then Jake pats Sam on the head? Ugh. Way to be condescending to the person who's made the most progress with this ELQ thing.

Ava's always had a terrible poker face where she starts flashing everything but radiation warnings with her crazy eyes, any time she's in trouble! Facial tics, bug eyes, the works!

Michael is an idiot not to at least wonder why Denise is so aggressive about seeing Avery. Good lord.

A fun exchange:

Liz: "I'm sorry, I'm distracted; I'm thinking about Jake."
Patrick: "Did he get shot again?"

Color me shocked Nik made a logical and reasonable offer to Dillon for some of his shares. Awesome writer must have written that scene.

• Love 13

I think Jake and Sam are adorable, but yeah the head pat was annoying...maybe if he didn't say "tiny brain" it would have come off more banter-y.

DenAva was a moron today.  Seriously.  Who just barges in to someone's office and hangs up the phone in the middle of a call?  Was that supposed to endear her to Michael?  And he really is an idiot if he doesn't suspect she is Ava, especially over her theatrics today.

Michael better apologize to Sam for even THINKING she would hurt him. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Perhaps it was just a bad bit of acting from TC. But....that scene with Dillon and Lulu, when he heard about Luke and Laura. It seemed like Nikolas was "acting" surprised about Luke and Laura leaving. I do think him being in on the kidnapping is a stretch, yet....there's something not quite right about it all.It was like he was waiting to see what they would say when he asked them if they knew anything. He said Laura was supposed to come back and see Spencer, yet he didn't call Lulu to see if she'd seen her?

I forget that logic does not apply, but I can't help but think that was a Snidely Whiplash moment.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1

First Michael's couch at home gets defiled by his parents now his couch at the office gets defiled by Morgan/Ava.  Gross.

I'm thinking Michael should get rid rid of all his couches and replace them with chairs.

Extremely narrow chairs.  ;)

Has Dillon said yet what his movie's about?  I'm scared what kind of exercise in meta Ron has planned.

"Cretaceous World"  ;)

She deserves to be the town pariah, the new Carly

If only Carly had ever been the town pariah!  I might find her halfway bearable then... 

• Love 4
(edited)
the head pat was annoying...maybe if he didn't say "tiny brain" it would have come off more banter-y.

That's what really bugged me—the head pat and the "little brain" comment. One or the other would have worked, but not both.

I do think him being in on the kidnapping is a stretch

If Nik's going to screw over his brother, his sister, and his mother, Show needs to come up with a really good reason why.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 3

Good reason? Does this show give good reasons for anything it does? But I'll bite: brain tumor. That's the go to these days for excusing psychotic behavior, right? Franco, I'm looking at you.

Split personality/psychotic break? Oh wait, they did that with Luke.

He's really Stavros in a Nik mask?

I give up.

• Love 1
(edited)

Honestly, I never cared about Nikolas before, he bored me so. I don't need a brain tumor or anything else, really. I don't feel he needs to be "redeemed" except for maybe the hit on Hayden. I think we need a resident villain, but more along the lines of a Victor Kiriakis/Victor Newman, or really, an Edward Quartermaine, RealEdwardasPlayedByDavidLewis-not JI's version-though I respected JI as an actor. I think most people don't know what a snake original Edward was, because JI just couldn't play that. I do agree the behavior needs to be explained better, but I'm enjoying it. This Nikolas gives no craps. It's refreshing.

I'd much rather have a Nik more like a Cassadine. I don't want him to be Stavros evil, but the good guy crap was so dreary. So, not like his daddy and crazy as a bed bug. But also not like his mother and as boring and pointless as the day is long.  Something in between. A lot like his Uncle Stefan is okay by me.

Speaking of Stefan, *sigh*. I miss him. I could go with them bringing him back as long as he isn't obsessed with Laura anymore.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2
(edited)

This is surely asking too much, but I don't want the Prince of Douchey Tides to have an out in a brain tumor or blackmail, I want him to have to own up to what he's been doing.  I don't want scenes of Lulu et. al being all, "You can't yell at him, he had a brain tumor!".

The toughest thing to walk back will be his siccing a hit man on Rebecca Budig, the rest of his actions have been relatively white collar comparatively. 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

The toughest thing to walk back will be his siccing a hit man on Rebecca Budig, the rest of his actions have been relatively white collar comparatively. 

It was dumb and unnecessary too. Drop her off a cliff during a struggle - same result, less stupidity than letting her leave the sparsely inhabited island on Nik's frikkin launch to talk to Jake for an HOUR before she was shot

It was dumb and unnecessary too. Drop her off a cliff during a struggle - same result, less stupidity than letting her leave the sparsely inhabited island on Nik's frikkin launch to talk to Jake for an HOUR before she was shot

LOL, right?  If she had just friggin spit it out when she got there, they could have discussed Jason's whole history by the time the hit man fired his shot. 

• Love 4
(edited)

About Sabrina, the comments about her remind me of all the rabid Sam hate for the first several years.

You think this is rabid? The Carly/Sonny boards during that gross and blessedly brief period when Sam was paired with Sonny? THAT was rabid.

Besides, I don't hate Sabrina. That'd be like hating oatmeal. You don't hate oatmeal - you endure it and just try to get it over with quickly

the Prince of Douchey Tides

I love that name. So so much. I snort-laugh every time I see it

Well Ned and Tracey are the ones that gave away almost half of the company, but I am loving that Michael and Tracey are teaming up to save their company. And yes, I wish Ned were there too (and AJ), but RC let them both walk away (and then he hired more newbies)..

I just...

So. If this had been the AJ story instead of the relish debacle? You'd have AJ with the company slipping away despite his best efforts because his family keeps fuckin up: Michael who mistakenly trusted Rosalie, Tracy and Ned and Brooke who stupidly gave up shares to protect people they loved and Dillon's mumblecore share swap. Some of this would still be dumb but it would at least feel like a Q story with AJ and Ned in it

Having Michael come in and yell at Tracy about family doesn't do much for me because he just became a Q - but with AJ and the weight of their history? The decision to make peace and fight off an outsider with all the Qs banding together against the Prince of Douchey Tides? Would actually be pretty fantastic. Even with the horrible ass SERIAL KILLER and WE NEVER CARED (-2) in the mix, that could be compelling soap. But Ned is gone, Michael is a child, AJ is dead, Tracy doesn't have a position in the company and I don't have any attachment to Dollar Store Dillon so all I can focus on are the holes in the plot and the piss poor motivations

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

Sad that I only like Kiki in her scenes with Silas. She isn't as much of an air head.

Oh Dillon, please don't give up your shares to Nik. I can understand Nik trying to go dark but I've always liked him and this is hard to watch. Same with Liz frantically trying to keep Jake's identity a secret so she's reporting back to Nik. This is too much character assassination!

I did like how the Sam reveal didn't last weeks. I'm sure just as Rosalie spills the beans the Dark Prince will walk in and do his best impersonation of his father's evil laugh and say he's the CEO now. May take another 2 weeks to get there but it's coming.

Ava is so stupid and irritating.  Does she not realize how lucky she is Michael is too dumb to question how desperate she is?  And the whining, as if she is not doing a scheme that would logically take time.  Pretending to be her own twin sister and succeeding, where everything thinks she is a aunt who is a stranger, would mean that she knows she has to worm her way in over time.   The sensible thing to do would be go along with the supervised visits at first.   Her speech to the portrait of Edward was sublimely ridiculous.  What does Edward have to do with it?  The Qs are not in the least doing anything wrong with the facts as they see it as as Ava set it up herself to be.  

• Love 4

They haven't just ruined Ava. They've resurrected the old Tracey "MY COMPANY! MINE MINE MINE!" shreeching harpy scripts where she wouldn't listen to reason and just bullhead her way into disaster. They just changed "ELQ" with "Baby AJ".

Michael, Stupid Little Shit returns!

Thanks to Victor and Helena, the Cassadines are one Evil Plot To Take Over The World Foiled Again from moving abive Kellys'.

Earlier this week - Georgie Mention! And not just Lante-Spixie Kid.

Wouldn't it be funny if NuDillion was actually working for the Legend of Doom and involved with Lucky's kidnapping?

Why do I think that Sonny, taking over Atlantic City, will end up with ELQ and the Cassadine holdings by year's end? Oh yeah, because I ate that tainted egg salad sandwich and need to barf at the thought of Sonny running the world.

• Love 1
(edited)

Good reason? Does this show give good reasons for anything it does? But I'll bite: brain tumor. That's the go to these days for excusing psychotic behavior, right? Franco, I'm looking at you.

Split personality/psychotic break? Oh wait, they did that with Luke.

He's really Stavros in a Nik mask?

I give up.

Oh hell. He'll rip off the mask and reveal himself as --- future Spencer. Played by Coltin Scott. Yes, he went back in time to destroy Townie and win the Trwe Wuv of Emma by manipulating the parents.

Bonus - Future Emma played by Elizabeth Hendricks, and Future Cameron as Chad Brannon. Oh, and Sarah Joy Brown as Future Joss, and, why not -- Future Kristina Cassadine (Corinthos) played by Stacy Haiduk.

Edited by NutmegsDad
  • Love 2

Sam really needs to brush up on her PI skills because she seems to be always a dollar short on her investigations.

She also needs a couple bucks for her wardrobe. What the heck is she wearing half the time and why? Can't figure out.

• Love 3