Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

In the show in my head this is because after twenty years in a hot Turkish Prison, Duke is always cold.

Of course Duke is always cold! He's barely alive! I've been in the hole for a week unable to watch and I'm catching up, and what's the first thing I see - Duke out in the fuckin' rain wearing eight coats, trying to be a G. He's racing Luke to the incinerator!

• Love 6
Duke always wears an overcoat and a scarf. I don't know who IB is bribing in Wardrobe, but he always looks good.

I thought that the coat was way too big for him today unless the David Byrne style ( a la 'remain in the light') style is back in again. 

Maurice must have been taking some speech lesson because the crap that he spewed out today flowed half decently.  I still can't bear to look at his face and not cringe.  Best part of the day was Carlos and that means that Carlos probably going to be chasing that anvil (front page news)that the princess threw down today.

Oh, Jake, I know you don't have your Jason memories, but, if you did, you'd remember that, to Sonny, everything is personal.  You working for Julian.  Michael bonding with AJ.  The local CVS running out of his favorite hair grease.  The maid (or Duke?) not cleaing up the slivers of broken bar ware quickly enough.  All personal. 

• Love 7

Duke is always wearing giant-ass coats. There have been a few times I've seen him lurch into scenes looking like his body is really a bunch of squirrels on stilts inside a giant overcoat. Piloting the head of an unemployed Father Christmas.

• Love 3
I had to laugh during Sam's conversation with Julian about Jason.  "We were so good together, even through our worst times...like when he threatened to kill me after I watched an unbalanced woman kidnap his baby and sent some thugs to menace Liz, their baby and her other son."

"And then there was the time when I thought our baby might have been Franco's, and he didn't think he could love it, and I'm not sure our marriage would survive. We really had some good times."

• Love 12
Why would they think Jake was Jason?  Jason is dead.  How could they ever know that Jason was "raised from the dead," had complete facial reconstruction, voice change, and personality transplant, and then recognize him as Jason?

In a normal town, yes, but in Port Charles where the previously dead reappear all the time, it should at least be on the table, especially with all the anvils they have been dropping. Danny is drawn to him, Sam and Liz are willingly to give him the benefit of the doubt, Carly (never mind, he's male so Carly's interest means nothing), not mention the absolute lack of information about him are all red flags. Plus, Jason's body was never found.

Quite frankly, Patrick and Sam's belief that Robin, who was working (unwillingly) for the Cassadine's, was telling the truth about not saving Jason is ridiculous. They should be having doubts about Robin's story and her telling Patrick Jason was dead, especially after talking to Faison and finding out Victor caused the accident that killed Gabriel. It is just so frustrating.

But then again, so is this whole storyline.

• Love 9

Quite frankly, Patrick and Sam's belief that Robin, who was working (unwillingly) for the Cassadine's, was telling the truth about not saving Jason is ridiculous. They should be having doubts about Robin's story and her telling Patrick Jason was dead, especially after talking to Faison and finding out Victor caused the accident that killed Gabriel. It is just so frustrating.

There's a lot of willing suspension of belief involved in watching a daytime soap.  But this show has raced right past that into so-stupid-you-want-to-bang-your-head-on-a-table territory.  When every character must be stupid to the point of dementia to make your stories work, you have failed. 

• Love 13

"And then there was the time when I thought our baby might have been Franco's, and he didn't think he could love it, and I'm not sure our marriage would survive. We really had some good times."

I actually thought that was a legitimate issue for them. I think it would be difficult for many couples and Jason has trouble with imagining things, doesn't he? I forget how his brain damage works. I thought it also made sense that he realized that it was doable when faced with the actual, non-theoretical baby.   

Still hate that RC killed of Tea's baby. Wasn't surprised by McBain being drawn to the nearest damsel in distress because that was perfectly in character 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 2

And that midgety moobster is like a general, like you know, that short dude...what was his name? Napoleon? Or was Napoleon a general? I forget.

He certainly has a Napoleon complex.

Unlike the other bad guys, his thing isn't violence, it's just being a selfish asshole without scruples.

Patrick Drake fills that slot nicely.

Julian has inappropriate sexual chemistry with everyone, Ava, Carlos, Sam...

And sometimes that's the only thing that gets me through the show. ;) Sam still looks great, still enjoyed the father/daughter bonding (even if it looked like they were going to start bonding without the d), but yeah maybe you could convince me that Jasam 1.0 were great together, but Jasam had mega issues and problems that didn't make Sam look good. I used to want her with him simply because I wanted whatever made her happy, but damn. By the time he made what she thought was her rape all about him and told Liz without her knowledge or consent, I was just done.

I think that KeMo and BM could have some good sexual chemistry, but I'm just not sure I want to revisit the one character that made me loathe him so incredibly much. I now hate Sonny that much, that I almost forgot how much I despised Jason. In that regard, I would say Billy Miller is doing a good job, because I certainly don't hate him. I'm just kind of sick of him. Reveal or REPENT!

Nathan and Anna, that was a smut fic waiting to happen. I really liked his blue shirt, it looked good on him and I don't know if he got a haircut or if he just kind of sparks around Fin, but I was really into him much more than I usually am. I thought he wasn't wooden at all today. He wasn't Olivier certainly all of a sudden, but he definitely has a much easier, relaxed chemistry with Anna than he does with Maxie.

If I have to hear one more word about Sonny's enemies or Liz and Carly panting after Jake, I might dig up everyone who's died in the past year and shoot them again myself. (Which would be a neat trick considering how pro-gun control I am).

And my ever-unpopular UO: I've greatly been enjoying the last two days without Michael. It greatly annoys me that he's back tomorrow. Even if it is to tell Duke he sucks, which he does. 

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 4

In a normal town, yes, but in Port Charles where the previously dead reappear all the time, it should at least be on the table, especially with all the anvils they have been dropping. Danny is drawn to him, Sam and Liz are willingly to give him the benefit of the doubt, Carly (never mind, he's male so Carly's interest means nothing), not mention the absolute lack of information about him are all red flags. Plus, Jason's body was never found.

No one else besides Sam and Patrick (and Nikolas I guess) know about Robin helping out the Cassadines, right? So I still think it's understandable that Carly, Liz, Sonny aren't jumping to that conclusion.

Nathan and Anna, that was a smut fic waiting to happen. I really liked his blue shirt, it looked good on him and I don't know if he got a haircut or if he just kind of sparks around Fin, but I was really into him much more than I usually am. 

I think he was still pretty robotic (or it's not that he's monotone but he talks in very clipped sentences) but he does spark with Finola. The one thing giving me pause is Anna sleeping with Maxie's leftovers. Maybe if Maxie dumps Nathan for a bit it's more palatable. Because they really should go there, if they did Morgan and Ava, why not? I don't think it should be long or serious, but like most of us have said, Anna deserves some man candy.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

I think it's bad of Anna to be so cavalier about Jordan's life, but I don't think it's necessarily out of character or outrageous for her? Someone who was watching her back in the day can correct me. But she's a spy, I'm sure she sometimes had to sacrifice for the greater good, and she's in a bad place right now, what with being really upset about Duke. So I get it from that perspective.

It didn't use to be in character for her.  Back in the day, she would be careless with her own safety to try and crack a case, and would sometimes stupidly put herself in danger, but I don't think she was cold about someone else getting killed.  But that was back when characters had a lot more sides to them, were more conflicted over their own actions, and were consequently more interesting.  I think the writers now are like "Anna's a bad-ass, therefore she must always be focused on getting dangerous shit done."   Not a lot of opportunities to show Anna as warm or funny, which she used to be.   

I can kind of, almost, sort of tell myself she's being outrageously dumb about Robin right now because she feels so guilty about Faison targeting Robin in the first place, and maybe she assumes Robin blames her and really, really doesn't want Anna coming to Paris to see her.    

I dunno.  Nobody really acts like a real person anymore, but it's particularly galling with the characters you used to love.    If I had ever been a huge Patrick fan, I think I'd lose it, because he literally makes no sense at this point.  

• Love 3

Why can't Jordan tell Duke that she's not an enforcer? 

I need a Monica/Jake scene stat. Dude has been in the hospital three times, yet has never met Monica? Damn. I don't care if Monica sees Sonny's latest kid, but can she see her own son?

Didn't Monica see Jake when he was brought in the first time?  When he was still unconscious?  I seem to remember that but I could be wrong.

All those other folks aside, Julian clearly has the most inappropriate sexual chemistry with himself.

I'd like some one on one screen time with Julian and Ric.

• Love 1

I think he was still pretty robotic (or it's not that he's monotone but he talks in very clipped sentences) but he does spark with Finola. The one thing giving me pause is Anna sleeping with Maxie's leftovers. Maybe if Maxie dumps Nathan for a bit it's more palatable. Because they really should go there, if they did Morgan and Ava, why not? I don't think it should be long or serious, but like we've all said, Anna deserves some man candy.

I would love to see Anna/Nathan but right now this show would not know how to write them. They'd need to have to be in the kind of stories that daytime just doesn't seem to know how to do anymore - adventure, villains who are villainous and get their cumuppance in the end, etc . I don't think it's a budget thing - those are some crappy sets during Luke and Laura's heyday.. esp that Cassadine weather machine. As though they stole a cardboard box covered by foil in a kids art class.

• Love 3

I don't think she was being cold though, more unthinking about it. She cracked a minute later and got upset, so overall she didn't come across as pitiless I wouldn't say.

I would love to see Anna/Nathan but right now this show would not know how to write them. They'd need to have to be in the kind of stories that daytime just doesn't seem to know how to do anymore - adventure, villains who are villainous and get their cumuppance in the end, etc . I don't think it's a budget thing - those are some crappy sets during Luke and Laura's heyday.. esp that Cassadine weather machine. As though they stole a cardboard box covered by foil in a kids art class.

I don't know if Nathan can handle being on an adventure. I just want him silent, in bed :)

• Love 3

All those other folks aside, Julian clearly has the most inappropriate sexual chemistry with himself.

LOL!!  You are so right.  You just know Julian gets out of bed each morning humming "I Feel Pretty".  

• Love 7

The one thing giving me pause is Anna sleeping with Maxie's leftovers.

No, no … Maxie has been the "cover interest" all this time so Anna and Nathan could avoid suspicion when they were both PCPD. 

• Love 6

I actually thought that was a legitimate issue for them. I think it would be difficult for many couples and Jason has trouble with imagining things, doesn't he?

The issue was that it was Franco - someone Jason despised and thought was evil to the core. He did what he did to Sam to screw with Jason, and then Jason made it all (including her pregnancy) about himself and wouldn't be the husband Sam needed him to be. It wasn't about a baby that wasn't his per se, because he wanted to raise baby Michael, was more than willing to raise the Sam-Sonny baby with her, and volunteered to marry Liz regardless of whether he or Lucky turned out to be Jake's father. I believe he was basically ambivalent toward AJ at the time Michael was born, Sonny was his bestie, and he thought Lucky had become a mess but in the past (when JJ played Lucky as a teen) he and Lucky had been on good terms. This was about 'I can't deal with Sam being violated by Franco because of me and I don't think I wanna raise spawn of Franco.'

• Love 9

Rick Hearst is a chemistry magnet. It's only his skill as an actor that keeps me from not hating Ric when he whines about Sonny hating him or Liz being fickle or whatever. On paper, Ric is horrible.

He has chemistry with everyone. Him and Sarah Brown were so freaking hot. I think that's why I tolerate Ric- because he is awesome. Too bad his acting hasn't been showcased much recently with all the Sonny and Liz ass kissing.

I don't even know if today is worth watching. Sonny talking about protecting Sam while putting a hit out on her father is laughable.

I did end up watching and the Anna stuff was pretty good. At least she finally realized that Duke is not worth Jordan's life. Carlos being discrete was hilarious, and I did enjoy the Ric/Carly scenes. The rest was FF- episode done in 15 minutes. I did catch Sonny threatening someone again like he's a middle school bully. Everyone has to abide by his rules or he throws a hissy fit or screeches of betrayal. Sick of it.

Edited by twoods
  • Love 4

LOL!!  You are so right.  You just know Julian gets out of bed each morning humming "I Feel Pretty".

Now we k ow what Julian can sing st the NB!

I don't even know if today is worth watching. Sonny talking about protecting Sam while putting a hit out on her father is laughable.

Sonny talking about protecting Sam (or anyone not himself, really) is laughable.

• Love 2

When Sonny showed up at Carly's today for his showdown with Jake, you could tell that THIS is how he sees himself...

Michael%20Corleone.jpg

Too bad that THIS is what the rest of us see....

Daffy%20duck.jpg

Exactly and Guza ran with it. There was a scene during Brenda and Sonny's last marriage in which they had a fight and afterwards Brenda crawled on her hands and knees to kneel before Sonny sitting in his godfather chair. That scene made me feel very sceevy.

• Love 5

The issue was that it was Franco - someone Jason despised and thought was evil to the core. He did what he did to Sam to screw with Jason, and then Jason made it all (including her pregnancy) about himself and wouldn't be the husband Sam needed him to be. It wasn't about a baby that wasn't his per se,... This was about 'I can't deal with Sam being violated by Franco because of me and I don't think I wanna raise spawn of Franco.'

I think the writers made it all about Jason - which was incredibly gross. Franco hurt Jason's wife to torture him. The story was gross and Jason was awful but I think it was the first time in a long time his reaction was realistic instead of saintly. Plus, I love it when Sam is angry with Jason - she gets pull no punches vicious and generally Drunk!Sam makes an appearance. 

But I do think an inability to imagine (seriously, how does his brain damage work again?) would work against him when trying to navigate not hating Franco's son for being a constant reminder of the fact that his wife was hurt just to hurt him. That's a lot of guilt, rage, and helplessness for somebody without brain damage.  I think it was a low point in their relationship but not, in itself, evidence that it was a bad relationship because it was a fairly impossible situation.  Bad relationship = death threats & kidnapping

I hated that whole storyline SO MUCH and it swallowed the show for SO LONG.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5

There's a lot of willing suspension of belief involved in watching a daytime soap.  But this show has raced right past that into so-stupid-you-want-to-bang-your-head-on-a-table territory.  When every character must be stupid to the point of dementia to make your stories work, you have failed.

Exactly. willful suspension of belief is needed, but Ron fails to see that there still must be some internal logic in the whole mess. It is silly that eye glasses and a hair curl prevent people from seeing that Clark is Superman, but as long as they appear smart in other areas, and all characters are equally oblivious in the one it works. Here we have characters acting so far out of character and behaving in ways that are stupid past their own internal logic.  For Patrick and Anna to believe that Robin died in an explosion, when the DNA on the brunt body should have told them it was not her, but hell they found her wedding ring, is a willful suspension, but for Patrick and Anna to believe that Robin would race off to Paris and forget Emma is stupid.

• Love 4

Exactly and Guza ran with it. There was a scene during Brenda and Sonny's last marriage in which they had a fight and afterwards Brenda crawled on her hands and knees to kneel before Sonny sitting in his godfather chair. That scene made me feel very sceevy.

And people WANT Brenda with him?  I don't get that.  Chemistry or no chemistry.  That's gross.

• Love 7

For Patrick and Anna to believe that Robin died in an explosion, when the DNA on the brunt body should have told them it was not her, but hell they found her wedding ring, is a willful suspension, but for Patrick and Anna to believe that Robin would race off to Paris and forget Emma is stupid.

I'm pretty certain that Faison somehow got Robin's DNA so that they would think it was Robin. I remember when Robert saw her "body", he said, that could be anybody, it wasn't Robin, but Anna said them DNA proved it was Robin.  Hey, it was Faison! So it wasn't just based on Robin's wedding rings.  They managed to get a cadaver in there and kidnap Robin in a short space of time, too!

Hmmm..maybe I should have responded in the history thread?

• Love 1

"This is Shawn's job, have him kill Julian."  Pause.  They both start cracking up. 

No, no, gotta be "I'm Too Sexy". 

I was going to say the same thing.  He probably does the catwalk strut to the bathroom, too. 

• Love 14

if she was supposed to be saying her relationship with Patrick was approaching Jason levels, then that's just ridiculous and they have to know no one buys that, come on, unless you've only been watching since after Steve Burton left.

And if that is what they're going for, maybe they should try to show Sam acting like Patrick is more than her fuck buddy.

Hey, I never saw SBu as Jason and I don't think Sam and Patrick are anything more than casual sex and dating. So nope they aren't selling it to anyone, whether they knew of Jason or not.

I loved the Carly/Ric scenes. Those two have chem. I hate myself!

I liked the Ric and Carly scene b/c they had good tension and anger but I didn't get a sexual vibe, of course Ric's hair and beard makes him look like a devil and I don't find him sex myself. I do like him much better angry and scheming, than being a repentant good guy. Wait did I just say I like bad guys...who'd have thought! ;)

• Love 3

Ric's hair and beard makes him look like a devil ...

LOL! He really does look awful IMO. The beard is so embarrassing. Why does he have those two tiny strands of hair hanging on his forehead like really sad bangs? It's a testament to RiHe's acting ability that I can even watch his scenes without just staring and laughing at his hair/beard.

I won't say I necessarily got sexual chem between Carly/Ric, but they definitely have great antagonistic chem and I normally go for that kinda thing. Hell, I'm ashamed to admit this, but I shipped Ric and Carly when he had her in the panic room. I tend to ship some super inappropriate things!

Really though the Carly/Ric scenes made me think about AJ/Carly from the last go round. Man, they had chem. Sigh, what could have been.

• Love 3

^^^^^So I'm not the only one who was thinking Ric has been resembling...... Satan lately. Good. I've been looking for the cloud of smoke and pitchfork tbh. And I've always liked Ric Hearst. He's adorable.

Question : Who watches Secrets & Lies? Billy Miller could be a cousin of Ryan Phillipe.

I thought that while watching Sunday and then watching GH on Monday.

Still laughing at the stutterbarking of Sonny. The writing just sucked. Ron needs to make friends.

• Love 1

^^^^^So I'm not the only one who was thinking Ric has been resembling...... Satan lately. Good. I've been looking for the cloud of smoke and pitchfork tbh. And I've always liked Ric Hearst. He's adorable.

I almost can't get into the scene b/c I'm looking for some horns hidden in his hair!

• Love 3

I don't know if Nathan can handle being on an adventure. I just want him silent, in bed :)

Anna (to Nathan): No, no, don't speak. Don't let words ruin this precious moment.

"Just lie there and look pretty."

"This is Shawn's job, have him kill Julian."  Pause.  They both start cracking up.

Hee. That aside, Jordan has been willing to shoot people in the past, or at least use her gun, so to get squeamish now would be a little suspect, I think. The line between killing someone during a shootout and deliberately targeting a specific person is fairly thin, IMO. Especially as we're talking about gangsters here.

But I was wondering why Jordan couldn't act as a triple agent of sorts. Tell Julian that Duke wants her to kill him (Julian), arrange a fake shooting, and it keeps Jordan's hands sort of clean.

Why didn't Carlos shoot Duke as he was coming out of Kelly's? He had a clear line of fire. This show has characters make all sorts of threats that never pan out. It's always some stupid plot point that never goes anywhere.

I don't think Sam and Patrick are anything more than casual sex and dating. So nope they aren't selling it to anyone, whether they knew of Jason or not.

I've watched this fakakta show since forever, and I don't think so, either. Maxie and Nathan have gotten more time to become a couple than Sam and Patrick have. Not necessarily screen time, but in terms of us seeing them get close. Ron really hates building things; it's all start and finish.

Edited by dubbel zout
  • Love 1

Were the Legion of Doom always planning on faking Robin's death or did they just take advantage of the situation after the lab exploded?

Faison planned it. I think.

I'm pretty sure Faison later claimed he was the mastermind of Robin's abduction/faked death, but we're probably better off not tugging on the string.  Remember that when we first saw Robin was alive, she was in the custody of that Aussie doctor Ewen, who was working for Jerry.

Were the Legion of Doom always planning on faking Robin's death or did they just take advantage of the situation after the lab exploded?

Faison planned it. I think.

I'm pretty sure Faison later claimed he was the mastermind of Robin's abduction/faked death, but we're probably better off not tugging on the string.  Remember that when we first saw Robin was alive, she was in the custody of that Aussie doctor Ewen, who was working for Jerry.

Faison did plan it.  Obrecht was the doctor at the clinic, and Ewen worked for Jerry, who was working for Obrecht, who was working for Faison, as we learned, when "Duke" was telling her what to do with Robin.  This was before RobertFucking!Scorpio poured the cheese fondue? oil? over "Duke's" face to reveal it was Faison.

• Love 2

Hee. That aside, Jordan has been willing to shoot people in the past, or at least use her gun, so to get squeamish now would be a little suspect, I think. The line between killing someone during a shootout and deliberately targeting a specific person is fairly thin, IMO. Especially as we're talking about gangsters here.

They did this with Dante too - it wasn't a test, but Sonny genuinely wanted him to kill some guy. So he took him out to the woods and convinced him to go into witness protection and then later he told Sonny that the guy clonked him and got away. Which led to Jason saying that there was a difference between killing someone in a shoot-out (because they pointed out that Dante had killed someone then) and taking a man and looking him in the eye and shooting him up close while the man is pleading for his life. Thus basically implying that Jason did that very thing fairly often. That rapscallion Jason. So maybe that's what Jordan will do, claim Julian overpowered her. Or maybe she will actually get out, who knows.

But I was wondering why Jordan couldn't act as a triple agent of sorts. Tell Julian that Duke wants her to kill him (Julian), arrange a fake shooting, and it keeps Jordan's hands sort of clean.

I was thinking that, but then that would require Julian to be off-screen for a little bit.

Why didn't Carlos shoot Duke as he was coming out of Kelly's? He had a clear line of fire. This show has characters make all sorts of threats that never pan out. It's always some stupid plot point that never goes anywhere.

They should have Jason regain his memories, go into some fugue state where he kills Kiki, Nina, Franco, Carlos, Milo, Obrecht and then drop to the ground and cry out "No!!!! What have I doooone!" I think there's something there to satisfy everyone a little!

Wyndemere has a new furnished chair. You'll never guess what the color looks like!*

https://instagram.com/p/0TRuXuFNir/

*okay it looks like it might also turn up sort of a light blue on screen.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

Faison did plan it.  Obrecht was the doctor at the clinic, and Ewen worked for Jerry, who was working for Obrecht, who was working for Faison, as we learned, when "Duke" was telling her what to do with Robin.  This was before RobertFucking!Scorpio poured the cheese fondue? oil? over "Duke's" face to reveal it was Faison.

...I didn't say Faison didn't plan it.  I'm just saying the logistics of it probably don't add up if you look at it too hard lol.

...I didn't say Faison didn't plan it.  I'm just saying the logistics of it probably don't add up if you look at it too hard lol.

Ohhhh. Oopsie. Never mind.*

*My mind's not my own, what with having daily fevers since end of January.

• Love 2

Why is Uncle Frank decorating Wyndemere with furniture from Rooms-2-Go?

ETA: that kid's insta handle is "nickyisboss"? Seriously?!?

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 5