Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

(edited)

A legacy GH character shouldn't be destroyed because the recast can't play him.

Given that the legacy GH character that was Jason Quartermaine was destroyed because of Steve Burton's whims and severe acting limitations, I am downright thrilled that the horrible abomination that was Jason Morgan is suffering a similar fate now that role is being filled by an actor who can actually, miracle of miracles, act.  Karma in action!  My number one preference was for Jason to rot at the bottom of the harbor, but if we must have him back, taking the character in a new direction will also do fine.  Jason Morgan was a short term plot gimmick that should never have lasted beyond a 10 month plot arc, much less turn into the show-eating monster he did.

Now if RC could just think outside the box and get the character out of the same tired go-rounds with Liz/Sam/Carly...

I'll take Billy Miller over 90% of the actors currently on this show.

Oh, amen to that!  I am hoping that the new, so-very-improved Jason gets his memories back soon and we get to see scenes of him reacting with horror to what he became - followed by an enthusiastic embracing of his Q heritage and a heartfelt renunciation of Sonny/Carly, and everything they stand for.  Miller has the acting chops to just rock those scenes to hell and back.

Carly sticking by Sonny is so gross. But, sadly, not surprising. 

This is why I didn't buy that Carly was acting so very out of character by falling for Franco.  Sonny shot her in the head while she was giving birth, placed her children's lives in danger numerous times, got her oldest son shot, sent to prison, and raped - and yet every time he even glances at her, she goes into heat.  She is the worst.

Tracy getting her hopes up about another grandchild which isn't really hers is just...I'm sick of seeing Tracy having her heart broken.

I'm hoping that the child turns out to be Ned's after all.  It's possible.

I am surprised they are letting Micheal go this hard at Sonny. We know they are not going to kill Micheal off and some of the things that are happening now are going to be difficult to walk back. It feels like ---while I know it's not permanent -- this rift is going to extend for longer than I expected. I am enjoying it.

I second that emotion.  I'm hoping that the rift is never really mended - that Sonny and Michael come to an armed detente, but that Sonny never wins back Michael's love, that the best he ever gets is cold courtesy and polite indifference.

I loved the scene today where Michael was shown framed between the pictures of Edward and Lila.  Could the show be visually hinting that Michael combines the best of his great-grandparents - Edward's steel and resolve, Lila's compassion - in his person?  Tracy picking up the picture of her beloved father and telling it, "You would be so proud" was a great moment too.  It gave me hope that Michael's victory will be permanent.

I also want world peace and a pony.

I hope Michael figures out what Sonny's trying to do and blocks it. Maybe the NYPD waiting at the airport.

I suspect Kiki is either going to talk Morgan out of taking Avery or prevent him from doing so in some other way.

Scuttlebutt is Jacob Young.

Considering the rumors about him and Steve Martines/Colton Scott, that's rather hilarious.  (Cue the old TWoP "rumors" thread - "It's always Jacob Young!, LOL).

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 12

I want Morgan to take Avery so Kiki washes her hands of him and ends up supporting Micheal with taking care of Avery just NO reconnecting with Micheal Romanticlly let Micheal move on to Sabrina or even Rosalie if they bring her back

• Love 1

I want Sabrina and Micheal to be a slowburn, old school soap romance. I'd also like a scene where Micheal is calm when Carlos is all telenovela in his face "Sabrina! Blah blah!" I kinda like how he just stays angry and calm, insults them, drops the mic, smirks and is like "what you gonna do, bitch? " Because they never do anything. And if they tried to, you know Micheal knows how to disarm these mugs. He's like their worst nightmare. He knows every move they'll make before they make it. So you know Sabrina will melt in a puddle because a part of her has to like bad boys, but want to get away from them.

• Love 2

Franco is the lamest smotherer ever.

Fixed that for you.

Watching Morgan and NuKiki today made me remember an interview that Keanu Reeves did on our local radio show way back in the day. He was very tired and lethargic, so one of the DJ's finally said, "Keanu, shot of coffee, babe!" That's what I felt like with these two. I suppose you could blame it on the "grieving", but no energy or presence whatsoever. Wake up, you two.

Carly was so two-faced today, it was almost epic. She was correct in calling out Sonny for manipulating Morgan, but then she was all, "Of course, I'm with you, Sonny". Kiss. Me, reaching for the garbage bag.

I'm grumbly because I have to give Ron credit, I was genuinely surprised by the ending. That was the last thing I expected to hear. So congrats, Ron, you won for today. But you still suck. Royally.

MW continues to own me and rock my world.

Let's count what Ava's been through in the last 8-9 months: 1) Julian threatens to kill her, almost does, 2) Sonny kidnaps her and holds her prisoner at his house, threatening her daily about killing her at the end of her pregnancy (I'm sure that caused no stress whatsoever for the baby), 3) she's given pills that cause intense cramping to the point of almost passing out, 4) she is almost kidnapped yet again when her entire security detail is taken out, 5) she is drugged, incapacitated, forced to give birth prematurely without any medical assistance, had her baby stolen and is left to bleed out, 6) after managing to crawl across the floor, she is then seconds away from death at the hands of Sonny, 7) she is threatened and almost killed in prison, 8) she is in a car crash with the prison breakout gang, 9) she is shot, dropped off a bridge into frigid waters and almost drowned. 10) Now she is dying from (cancer?) Did I leave anything out?

To sum up:

1) I'm fine with her never having to serve another second of jail time. Especially when every other criminal is walking around free as a bird.

2) Ava is clearly the cat, not Duke. Look at all of her lives!

I guess it's just me, but I completely get that she is motivated by her love of her daughters and fully bought her line about the ache in her soul.

T-shirt just for me: (stole this from somewhere else) I like Ava. Sue me.

• Love 12

Morgan is so desperate for his father's approval/acceptance he'll do anything. And Sonny just lets him. Father of the Year 2015! I wish Morgan wasn't dumber than a box of hair so he wouldn't blindly follow Sonny.

Seriously! He's so pathetic. The guy slept with your girlfriend, you idiot! Sonny is such a selfish piece of shit that he's involved Morgan who will go to jail. And Carly was actually making sense until she started sucking face with the greaseball. She has no dignity as well.

I was shocked at the Ava reveal, but she will be magically cured of whatever she has and run away with Avery in the end.

Michael is just hot, hot, hot. Don't back down on your selfish "dad."

• Love 5

I have no idea what happened at Shadybrooke today as I have not watched any scenes with Nina, Franco or Luke in quite some time. Was anything interesting/important?

I have posted quite a few times in the past about how MB's salt&pepper stubble really did not look good with his shoe polish hair, but the shoe polish beard is even worse, if that is possible.

I so far do not hate NuKiki and hope she refuses to take Avery to the island. I don't feel very good about this though.

(edited)

Why can't Maxie and Nathan be happy for more then a month?

Maybe TPTB think since there was a 2 week period where Nathan/Maxie were in like 84% of every episode that we'll forget that they've only been officially together for like 2 months.

Given that the legacy GH character that was Jason Quartermaine was destroyed because of Steve Burton's whims and severe acting limitations, I am downright thrilled that the horrible abomination that was Jason Morgan is suffering a similar fate now that role is being filled by an actor who can actually, miracle of miracles, act.  Karma in action!  My number one preference was for Jason to rot at the bottom of the harbor, but if we must have him back, taking the character in anew direction will also do fine.  Jason Morgan was a short term plot gimmick that should never have lasted beyond a 10 month plot arc, much less turn into the show-eating monster he did.

This. Jason sucks so I'm not sad or angry that BM isn't even attempting to play him/RC isn't even attempting to write him. But that being said, Jake sucks too, so I hope BM quits. :)

T-shirt just for me: (stole this from somewhere else) I like Ava. Sue me.

Perfect! I'm sad though because I'm gonna have to start fast forwarding the Ava scenes. I just can't with a cancer story.

ETA: I wish I had even a fraction of your positivity, ICGS. I envy you!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

And too envy ICGS' s positivity.

I will say, with Spinbitch around, my hatred for a lot of other characters has such subsided substantially. And i at least have the perverse pleasure of imagining new ways for Spinbitch to die. Have I ever mentioned that I hate him?

• Love 6

Well lets see, who knew that three scene chewers in one scene would equal pretty damn calm. I was surprised that Nina Franco and Luke together was free of "antics". Though Luke taking a "shine" to Nina was gross. Poor Nina only gets the freaks.

Any good will I had towards Maxie is gone. Thanks show. I just want Nathan away from her. I mean all she has done is jerk him around for a year. He truely doesn't deserve this.

I think her main problem is having a good heart but not enough brain. She allows manipulative tools to manipulate her into questioning her own feelings and I just can't with that. First Levi then Johnny and now Spinelli. ugh! Because Nathan doesn't try to manipulate her she isn't emotionally strong enough to pick her real feelings over feelings those jokers trick her into thinking she feels.

I don't think she does love Spinelli b/c if he wasn't badgering her and manipulating her she wouldn't give him a second thought.

Just no I'm done with her. BYE Felicia!

• Love 3

Nathan doesn't try to manipulate her she isn't emotionally strong enough to pick her real feelings over feelings those jokers trick her into thinking she feels.

I don't think she loves Nathan. I just think she likes him and she's into his looks. Don't blame her, heh, on either count.

• Love 2
(edited)

I will say, with Spinbitch around, my hatred for a lot of other characters has such subsided substantially. And i at least have the perverse pleasure of imagining new ways for Spinbitch to die. Have I ever mentioned that I hate him?

Same! With Spinelli around I barely remember that I hate pretty much everyone. And it really is fun to imagine someone chopping off his grotesque head with unwashed hair. :)

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

"Reasons" for Carly are always "because that's what's best for me."

Sums her up to a T.

You know what I really hate about all this Michael/Sonny/Carly mess?? That I am being daily brow beaten into thinking Carly and Sonny have his interests at heart. And not only them but pretty much everyone on the canvas that thinks he is being big bad Michael to poor little Sonny and Carly. Dude has had a messed up life BECAUSE of them. I just can't anymore with this whole story. 

Gah, this show!

• Love 7

I just had a weird thought.

When Bryan Craig gets to finally play Morgan for real and forever hates Sonny, that's going to be amazing story. I think it's leading up to that because there's no way that Sonny is the father. Also, Papa of the Year just insured that Kiki and Morgan won't see Avery. Probably never again, well until the obligatory sickness story. Whatever shall we do with MWOP Squared?

This would be good buuuuuut Carly would be responsible for changing the paternity test, not Sonny. Michael would blamed for keeping them from Avery, not Sonny. IMO

• Love 1

I have no idea what happened at Shadybrooke today as I have not watched any scenes with Nina, Franco or Luke in quite some time. Was anything interesting/important?

I have posted quite a few times in the past about how MB's salt&pepper stubble really did not look good with his shoe polish hair, but the shoe polish beard is even worse, if that is possible.

I so far do not hate NuKiki and hope she refuses to take Avery to the island. I don't feel very good about this though.

If Kiki wants to be able to see her little sister now that Michael has Custody, she should tell Micheal ASAP that Sonny wants Morgan to take Avery to the island. I can imagine Michael would be grateful and let Kiki see her little sister

• Love 3

I am 100% sure that Carly switched the results, if only so that she gets to say "it wasn't her secret to tell" a third time. Except this time it'll be said to Sabrina.

• Love 1

Watching now in full. Morgan is stupid, Kiki is stupid if she lets Morgan take Avery to the island with her wanting to spend more time with her baby sis. Don't care about Fluke/Nina/Franco. Sonny and Carly are horrible as always. I wanted Nathan to Deck Spinell hard in the face. Maxie STFU you were kissing Spin back quit fucking lying. Nathan needs to dump your ass

• Love 1

Well lets see, who knew that three scene chewers in one scene would equal pretty damn calm. I was surprised that Nina Franco and Luke together was free of "antics". Though Luke taking a "shine" to Nina was gross. Poor Nina only gets the freaks.

To be fair, Luke's annoying alter has hit on (or made inappropriate comments about) almost every lady on the canvas. Jordan, Sam, Kiki, etc., so Nina's just one more woman he can be squicky about or towards.

I completely get that she is motivated by her love of her daughters and fully bought her line about the ache in her soul.

I bought it all, too, but Ava is no victim. She brought all of this on herself by shooting Connie and getting entangled in all this mob stuff. But even if Ava weren't "dead," Sonny would probably sue for custody anyway. Michael just beat him to the punch.

I don't think she loves Nathan. I just think she likes him and she's into his looks. Don't blame her, heh, on either count.

Heh, indeed. I don't think Maxie loves Nathan, but I'm not sure she loves Spin, either. But since it's dipshit Maxie, I don't care.

Ava has cancer? Zzzzzz. I guess they're really gunning to get MW an Emmy next year. Though I'll be curious to hear what kind. Will it be exotic or run of the mill?

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't think she loves Nathan yet either but I do think her feelings for him are genuinely hers while those other tools manipulated her into thinking she had feelings for them when she didn't. I'm done with her anyway b/c she is too easily manipulated for me to take seriously after this many chances. I blame RON.

To be fair, Luke's annoying alter has hit on (or made inappropriate comments about) almost every lady on the canvas. Jordan, Sam, Kiki, etc., so Nina's just one more woman he can be squicky about or towards.

But all those women were much younger so even though it was icky it was realistic, he has actually acted repulsed by most other women of a certain age and even Helena seemed gaga over him more than he of her.  Nina could actually be a viable love interest for him, expect I don't want that for her. gross.

Edited by Cattitude
(edited)

Heh, indeed. I don't think Maxie loves Nathan, but I'm not sure she loves Spin, either. But since it's dipshit Maxie, I don't care.

I think she loves Spin, although I don't know if she's in love with him, but again, I don't think she's attracted to him, but that could be me projecting. Maybe if he washed, combed, and cut his hair he would have better luck! Maxie should see if he's up for an open relationship.

Nathan's hair is kinda weird too. Looks like's put a lot of gel in it. But I guess all the men on this show have weird hair, except for Michael and right now Nikolas.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I bought it all, too, but Ava is no victim. She brought all of this on herself by shooting Connie and getting entangled in all this mob stuff. But even if Ava weren't "dead," Sonny would probably sue for custody anyway. Michael just beat him to the punch.

Eh. Ava may not be a victim, but neither is Sonny. If he had the sense to use protection, there wouldn't be a baby to sue for custody of.

• Love 5

Eh. Ava may not be a victim, but neither is Sonny. If he had the sense to use protection, there wouldn't be a baby to sue for custody of.

Ava just as willingly engaged in unprotected sex. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Do we know Ava has cancer? I just heard Silas tell her she is dying but not why.

Who is the better person between Ava and Sonny? They are both terrible people I just find Sonny endearing in a way I can't explain(obviously:)) Ava is so manipulative I just can't stand her. Sonny is a bad person but at least he is out in the open about it shouting and throwing things. I don't like people who are deviously manipulative like Ava. She loves Kiki now but wasn't above tricking her to get free and lying to her to keep herself out of prison. yuck.

I hope Ava dies.

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 1
Ava may not be a victim, but neither is Sonny.

Definitely not. Those two have only themselves to blame for their situations. 

I don't like people who are deviously manipulative like Ava.

I think Ava is pretty outright manipulative, just as Sonny is. They're both the worst. It's just that Ava happens to played by an actor who doesn't mumble or stutter.

• Love 5

Ava has cancer? Zzzzzz. I guess they're really gunning to get MW an Emmy next year. Though I'll be curious to hear what kind. Will it be exotic or run of the mill?

As a cancer survivor, there is no run of the mill cancer.

• Love 10
I don't like people who are deviously manipulative like Ava. She loves Kiki now but wasn't above tricking her to get free and lying to her to keep herself out of prison. yuck.

I hope Ava dies.

Eh again. If you replace Ava's name with Sonny's and Kiki's with Morgan's, you'd still be right. Sonny's the one convincing idiot Morgan to defy the court and take Avery to the island. I hope that for once Kiki decides not to be a useless asshole and tell Michael. I'd stop saying bad things about her for a week if she did.

• Love 7

I am extremely leary of Ron doing sort of disease story; the same applies to social issues too. But if he is going to do it, I'm glad its been given to Maura.

I think she, Jane, Fin, and Laura are the only actors currently on the show that are capable of providing the depth and emotion that a disease story needs, and I know the writing won't provide.

• Love 1
(edited)

Michael and Tracy were good on Friday, but LOL at Edward being proud. That is not exactly something to crow about. I am finding Michael pretty one dementional right now. He is all sullen and angry all the time, in every interaction. At least Sonny gets to be romantic, a business man and cute with a baby. All Michael does is scowl, snear and bark about Sonny. When he holds a baby he just looks lost.

As ya'll know I see Sonny different so I don't think what he is doing is bad. I can't blame any parent for pulling out all the stops to keep his child from being taken from him using underhanded means. I think it is realistic Sonny would be doing all he could to keep her not him seeing her a possession. It is just your average person would see reason where Sonny as a mob boss doesn't believe in reason. He does thinks he can come out ahead in any situation.

Also  this plays into his bipolar it is realistic in a situation like this he wouldn't think clearly about consequences. He is being grandiose. I actually thought him giving Morgan the OPTION of helping him or not was unexpected. If Morgan said no he would just form another plan he didn't force Morgan to do anything.

Now Carly knowing about how he is and his bipolar shouldn't have caved to him so easily. She was right trying to reason with him but in the end she enabled him. She could have told Michael the truth but chose not to.

Even though it is wrong for Morgan and Kiki to take Avery to the island I hope they do, b/c I think NuKiki has some chemistry with Morgan and the thought of them as a little family taking care of Avery is kind of cute. They are who needs a baby anyway not all the middle aged folks.

And to tell the truth in all this they really seem the best option for Avery b/c they actually love her for her alone.

Edited by Cattitude

I don't think she does love Spinelli b/c if he wasn't badgering her and manipulating her she wouldn't give him a second thought.

I know it is meant as a criticism of Maxie but I think it is sad.

Levy was an obvious villein but Spinelli being presented as one of the good guys makes him more dangerous. Any self awareness she has of him will not last. Having a child that bonds her to him forever is just depressing.

• Love 3
Sonny is a bad person but at least he is out in the open about it shouting and throwing things. I don't like people who are deviously manipulative like Ava.

I've always thought Sonny is incredibly manipulative, especially with his children. And I've never bought that the argument that it's somehow better to be "open" about your awfulness or to "own it" or whatever. Not that Sonny even does that, in my view. He's always willing and eager to hide behind the wall of enablers that inexplicably surround him to tell him how put-upon or wronged he is.

• Love 14
(edited)

I think what bothers me about Ava is her complete lack of self awareness and introspection. You can have her endure all the things she has endured, but if most of those things were at least partly her fault, and she is never shown to be aware of it, then I'm just not going to be as sympathetic. To me she is just a manipulative mob queen that got what she dished out. I do believe her love of her daughters is real, and I believe that the ache in her soul is very real, but she is hurting because of how her own actions affected her, not others. The fact of the matter is that she lost her baby because she killed someone in cold blood, which is why her entitlement last episode drove me nuts. Had she been more apologetic and self aware about wanting to take her child, I could get it. Instead she kept on barking "I want my baby, I'm going with my baby, my baby needs to be with me, you can't stop me!". Ugh. Get in the  back of the line, because that is exactly where you deserve to be.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 8

Love MW so I enjoy anything that Ava does. However, the only way that she can really stay on the show is if she's somehow absolved of Connie's murder - and I figure it's a safe bet that they could shoehorn Fluke/Luke whatever into that somehow.

Really liiked Thursdays and Fridays episode and that surprised me. It's not perfect, but the show has seemingly come out of the coma it was in from mid November until this past week. Seems like anything that has to do with Michael vs Sonny perks this show right up. Giving the Qs a voice (at LAST) also makes me not resent the writing for Sonny/Carly quite so much.

Maxie and Spinelli should just set up house together and then we'd be done with both of them. Free Nathan for someone much better... although honestly there are no other candidates for him on this show at this time (and since nuKiki is probably a Silas/Nina baby, that knocks her out as an option, but I'm OK with that). I've really come to like RP as an actor but it really comes down to always hating Spinelli and this new version of him is even worse than before (if that's possible). I too want Ellie to make an appearance saying "I dumped you because I was tired of your lame, mooching, nickname obsessed ass". But then, I liked the actress who played Ellie and wish she was back instead of Spinelli. sigh.

• Love 3
(edited)

Spinelli's even more annoying than I remember. Nathan deserves better.

Sonny's behavior should have proved to Carly exactly why Michael was right. Sending Avery to the island is exactly his point.

"Arrest this son of a bitch." Oh how I love you  now Michael!

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 7
I am 100% sure that Carly switched the results, if only so that she gets to say "it wasn't her secret to tell" a third time. Except this time it'll be said to Sabrina.

And when Carly gets caught, it will be Robin's fault even though she is being held hostage in another country. Lord knows that Sabrina isn't to blame for anything, at least in the gospel according to Ron.

But all those women were much younger so even though it was icky it was realistic, he has actually acted repulsed by most other women of a certain age and even Helena seemed gaga over him more than he of her.  Nina could actually be a viable love interest for him, expect I don't want that for her. gross.

IIRC, Luke also made comments to, or about, Alexis and Diane. My point was that I don't think Nina is being singled out as the one who gets the crazies. And I seriously doubt there are, or ever have been, plans to hook up Luke and Nina.

• Love 1

When he holds a baby he just looks lost.

This is why I don't know why I should be rooting for Michael to get Avery. Just because he's mostly a good person doesn't mean he should be raising a child. He doesn't know what he's doing and he looks confused. He didn't show any interest in Avery until Sonny got pardoned. I don't even remember him holding her until Carly handed her to him when they were outside of the courtroom. Just give her to Mac or a housekeeper and be done with it.

• Love 1

This is why I don't know why I should be rooting for Michael to get Avery. Just because he's mostly a good person doesn't mean he should be raising a child. He doesn't know what he's doing and he looks confused. He didn't show any interest in Avery until Sonny got pardoned. I don't even remember him holding her until Carly handed her to him when they were outside of the courtroom. Just give her to Mac or a housekeeper and be done with it.

Whoever gets this kid is hiring a nanny.  That's a given, so I'm not worried about Mikey being clueless.  Sadly, Mac is not in the running. 

The question is ... do you want the baby to have a nanny hired by the Quartermaines?  Or a nanny hired by Sonny -- considering the fact that said nanny and baby might get shot or blown up by Sonny's enemies, stupid Sonny himself by accident, or Shawn by accident?  

Or Sonny may give the baby to Duke to raise.  That would be hilarious for me, but only because Duke would be completely incompetent at it, just like he's been incompetent at everything else in his entire life.  So, again, not great for the baby.

• Love 6

Maxie doesn't have the emotional maturity at this point in her life to love anyone in a mature, healthy way. She is attracted to Nathan and admires his goodness, but she's not in love. She and Spinelli were just toxic, and Spinelli running out after Nathan didn't deliver a well-deserved punch just shows that he is still as much of a passive-aggressive coward as ever, with a tendency to be an emotional bully, In a lot of ways I see Maxie as a young Carly, except that Maxie has legitimate abandonment issues because of Frisco - and she has gained some self-awareness over time. 

I like that nuKiki won't just blindly go along with whatever Morgan tells her are Sonny's directives. She's not willing to "vanish" with baby sister and risk being arrested and going to jail/being separated from baby sister for a long time. NuKiki rightly doesn't buy into the 'Michael will prevent us from seeing Avery ever again' nonsense. 

• Love 2
(edited)
Or Sonny may give the baby to Duke to raise.  That would be hilarious for me, but only because Duke would be completely incompetent at it, just like he's been incompetent at everything else in his entire life.  So, again, not great for the baby.

OMG this could be hilarious. Duke trying to feed the baby tea, dressing her in costumes and giving her tougue baths like a cat. If we must have camp I vote for this!

Duke comes across as a little prissy to me and I alway tell myself Emma learned her fashion sense from him. I keep thinking he is the one who takes her dress shopping.heh!

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 1

The question is ... do you want the baby to have a nanny hired by the Quartermaines?  Or a nanny hired by Sonny -- considering the fact that said nanny and baby might get shot or blown up by Sonny's enemies, stupid Sonny himself by accident, or Shawn by accident? 

Or Sonny may give the baby to Duke to raise.  That would be hilarious for me, but only because Duke would be completely incompetent at it, just like he's been incompetent at everything else in his entire life.  So, again, not great for the baby.

I chose none of the above. If it were up to me Avery would be handed over to someone who doesn't live in PC. Actually, if it were up to me she wouldn't even exist.

• Love 3

I chose none of the above. If it were up to me Avery would be handed over to someone who doesn't live in PC. Actually, if it were up to me she wouldn't even exist.

Wait, are you saying you haven't warmed up to the idea of a baby sired by two murdering deviants humping in a crypt?   I can't imagine why not ....  ;)

• Love 11

Also  this plays into his bipolar it is realistic in a situation like this he wouldn't think clearly about consequences. He is being grandious. I actually thought him giving Morgan the OPTION of helping him or not was unexpected. If Morgan said no he would just form another plan he didn't force Morgan to do anything.

Now Carly knowing about how he is and his bipolar shouldn't have caved to him so easily. She was right trying to reason with him but in the end she enabled him. She could have told Michael the truth but chose not to.

Even though it is wrong for Morgan and Kiki to take Avery to the island I hope they do, b/c I think NuKiki has some chemistry with Morgan and the thought of them as a little family taking care of Avery is kind of cute. They are who needs a baby anyway not all the middle aged folks.

It doesn't play into his bipolar disorder, actually.  Sonny was not exhibiting any symptoms of that.  He was neither manic, nor exhibiting grandious thinking.  Sonny is a narcissist - he always thinks he's in the right.  That's different than thinking oh, say, that he's Elvis or the president or something.

Sonny gave Morgan a "choice" in words only.  He knows how Morgan is and he knows how to manipulate him.  He knows Morgan will do anything for "Sonny's love."

If they took Avery to the island they would be arrested and go to prison for kidnapping.  That's not "cute".

As for middle aged folks not needing babies...please.  That's just insulting.

• Love 7
(edited)

Honestly, Kiki as the older sister of the baby is probably the one who should be battling Sonny for custody.  

On a better-written show that made sense and took time to tell a more complicated story (and if Kiki had ever been developed as a character anyone could actually care about), she would be the one petitioning or custody while Michael and the Q's not-so-subtly egged her on and Michael got closer to her during the custody battle, positioning himself to be stepdad to the baby.  He'd be the Jason role in this baby custody fight, bonding with the baby and becoming a dad figure.  Kiki would turn to the Qs for help in fighting Sonny.   Later, she would wonder if Michael really likes her again, or if he just wants to be near the baby and if he used her to stick it to Sonny.  

The one time Kiki serves a purpose and they don't even use her for it.  It's hilarious.  

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 9

I think what bothers me about Ava is her complete lack of self awareness and introspection. You can have her endure all the things she has endured, but if most of those things were at least partly her fault, and she is never shown to be aware of it, then I'm just not going to be as sympathetic. To me she is just a manipulative mob queen that got what she dished out. I do believe her love of her daughters is real, and I believe that the ache in her soul is very real, but she is hurting because of how her own actions affected her, not others. The fact of the matter is that she lost her baby because she killed someone in cold blood, which is why her entitlement last episode drove me nuts. Had she been more apologetic and self aware about wanting to take her child, I could get it. Instead she kept on barking "I want my baby, I'm going with my baby, my baby needs to be with me, you can't stop me!". Ugh. Get in the  back of the line, because that is exactly where you deserve to be.

That's where Ava fails.  Ava might need her baby but her baby doesn't need or deserve her and a life on the run.  Pure selfishness.  Just like Sonny.

• Love 7

The fact of the matter is that [Ava] lost her baby because she killed someone in cold blood, which is why her entitlement last episode drove me nuts. Had she been more apologetic and self aware about wanting to take her child, I could get it. Instead she kept on barking "I want my baby, I'm going with my baby, my baby needs to be with me, you can't stop me!". Ugh. Get in the  back of the line, because that is exactly where you deserve to be.

I thought Ava lost her baby because The Nina is a psychotic freak who blamed her for an affair that happened twenty years ago.

• Love 4
(edited)

I thought Ava lost her baby because The Nina is a psychotic freak who blamed her for an affair that happened twenty years ago.

True, initially, but I thought the reason Ava can't just show up now and go "hey, I'm not dead!  I'll take my baby now, please!" is because they'd shove her back in the clink to await trial for murder.   I could be wrong, though.   I don't know if Nina still figures into any of this.

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 4