Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I think I'm going to be on the barge for a while. I'll keep up with the show here because I cannot bring myself to watch it anymore. 

Join us ... join us ....

On the Emma front - I really have no issue with soap kids being talked about and rarely seen or heard most of the time, with flimsy excuses about sleepovers and summer camp.  Tiny Robin and Young Lucky were the best of the soap kids, as far as I can remember, but even they got to be cloying at times.  

IMO, Patrick not being on screen with Emma that much is the least of the problems with this show, and the least of the problems with how shittily they write his character these days.  

• Love 2

Patrick, Patrick, Patrick. No one dressed in plaid is allowed to be that horny.

Well JT is Canadian..and sometimes up here when its cold and dark us Canadian gals are happy for a horny guy dressed in plaid  ;)

That saying,the "foreplay" dialogue of Samtrick is always the same and barf incuding at this point.  I was a shipper and now I can't stand them.

Edited by Blackie
  • Love 1

Haha, oh, I understand. It's not that I want to see Emma. I actually don't even like her. But if you're going to spend the time writing Patrick as bonding with Danny, why wouldn't you do the same with the guy's own kid?

And I feel like Emma is a different case in Patrick's story. She's the only character related to him! He has no family otherwise on this show. And, no, Robin's family doesn't count, especially since we're supposed to pretend she doesn't exist. How can Ron cut off the only connection Patrick has to his own story? All he does is talk about Sam or talk with Sam about Sam.

• Love 1

I don't have a problem with seeing kids/not seeing kids.  I just want someone to create mayhem on the show, someone who ISN'T Sonny.  Someone they wouldn't expect.  Arrest Snarly for killing Joss and have it take forever for the dimwits on the show to work out who really did it.  I know it's too much to ask but seeing Emma kill Sonny would be, well, it would be ridiculous I know but not any more so than the storylines I've seen since returning to watch what is now, I feel, a dreadful show.

• Love 2

I assume we're eventually going to get a reveal that she's really Morgan's.  I'll be disappointed if the reveal is anything but "Carly manipulated the test because she wanted to use the baby to get closer to Sonny."  Of course, she'll try to whitewash it as "I was worried about you Morgan, you're not ready to be a father, and I didn't want you to spend the rest of your life tied to that evil Ava," (ignoring, of course, the fact that she's sentenced both him and Michael to being tied to Sonny).I assume we're eventually going to get a reveal that she's really Morgan's.  I'll be disappointed if the reveal is anything but "Carly manipulated the test because she wanted to use the baby to get closer to Sonny."  Of course, she'll try to whitewash it as "I was worried about you Morgan, you're not ready to be a father, and I didn't want you to spend the rest of your life tied to that evil Ava," (ignoring, of course, the fact that she's sentenced both him and Michael to being tied to Sonny).

I have always thought Carly manipulated the DNA test to "save" Morgan.  I hope Morgan finds out and disowns Carly and Sonny, reunites with Michael and moves into the Quatermaine mansion.  Having both of her sons living with the Q's should be enough to make Carly's head explode.

• Love 4

I tell ya, I've tried with this ridiculous show. … Do they really think the 18-49 demo will tune in for this? … why would anyone (besides us few, us sad & drunk & barge bound few) start watching this dreck on purpose? … Can a sister still get a ticket to the barge without having put all the time in?

Badsamaritan, the barge is open to all, and with the slogan you've created that I'm putting on my T-shirt (us few, us sad & drunk & barge bound few), I think you're entitled to a stateroom upgrade. See you at Happy Hour on the Scorpio deck. 

• Love 1

And the thing that makes it all so scary for me is, I have worked with people like the Sonny-lovers, in psych wards.  They think that violence is ok whenever there is a problem, they find other people who abhor violence "weak", and they have this unshakable idea that, no matter what evil thing a family member does you HAVE to forgive them.  Because, you know, it's not really THEIR fault - the person they were angry at/beat up/shot MADE them do it.   To think that there are large numbers of people who really think that way about real-life people, and not just soap opera characters, has always been chilling.

Thanks for letting me spew.  Heh.

You must definitely stay here with us, for we can always use a new shot of snarky blood. I have never been over to the GH Facebook page, and reading yoyur post about it makes me glad of that. I was diagnosed with depression about fifteen years ago, and while it's been under control through medication and therapy, I can't stand the fact that the show portrays Sonny's illness as basically trivial. Or if not trivial, then just another reason to forgive him when he does something hideous, because he was "in his dark place" or some happy horse shit.

I take back everything negative I've ever said about Lulu. Kiki is 10,000 times worse. And KA lamed-in that performance. She found out her mother is dead and she was all "what do you mean Pumpkin Latte season at Starbucks is over?"

Wait....that was ever in doubt?

• Love 1

The less said about Governor Moobster Fanboy, the Honorable "Sucks your dad died, but my wife is dead and my daughter lives, so fuck you", the better.

The best part: Helena and her "ohfuckohfuckohfuckohfuck" look as Luke went on his delusion of grandeur.

• Love 5

Tony Geary, go home. You're drunk.

Oh, I loved it when Tracy wagged her finger at Nathan in a "no-no" gesture when Nathan talked about "letting" Lulu go see Luke. I wonder if RP got confused. "What's that! Do I have another line! Is that morse code!"

Oh man, I NEED to be drunk while watching all the ham and cheese in that cell...ugh.

Another little bit that Tracy did in the (coroner's?) office was to cover up the bones on the table, and shoo Nathan's hand away so she could pull the sheet up.  He looked a little taken aback there, too, but he did move his hand.  It's the little things...

• Love 4

It's nice to see Angry Michael again. I was really worried there for a bit. But god, Carly, take all of the seats and let me cram this ball gag in your pie hole. This is when I really hate Carly, when she somehow loses the ability to even understand what is going on. I always thought of Carly being somewhat savvy, if misguided. Now she's just so dumb so often.

I refuse to believe that Avery really is Sonny's. At the end of the episode, Sonny looked like he was planning to cook her up and eat her, it was so creepy. And I think single dad Morgan would be amazing to watch.

I lost my damn mind when the governor was spewing about Sonny being an honest businessman. Doesn't Michael know enough about the bidness to put Sonny away? Surely he could one or two other people to come forward with what they've seen him do. Hell, even LUCAS LORENZO SPENCER (still laughing) has enough dirt on Sonny to get him convicted, and Luke is hating on Sonny a lot these days.

As always, I liked seeing Spencer. Don't judge. But I couldn't help thinking that the whole "you can love someone who does bad things" and "no one is all good or all bad" was Ron lecturing all of us Sonny haters. And he can suck it. And it makes no sense at all for Nik to have to explain that to him because Sonny's been arrested and now jailed, and Spencer has been all about Sonny at times (those times are the exception to me liking Spencer- hating Sonny > liking Spencer.

• Love 4

RoHo and Billy Miller have done Borg better than Steve Burton at this point. 

I don't agree at all.  They are both horrible, and maybe Billy Miller had charisma on Y&R, but his scenes with Elizabeth today brought the episode to a screeching halt.  I can't figure out if it's Jake that bores me, Elizabeth, or both of them together in a scene.  Roho as Franco has been a mess since day one, although I can take him much easier with Nina - but those two are boring also.

Oddly enough, I think MB and Chad Duell are two of the performers actively playing against the show's "Sonny is the hero of the town" schema. Maurice really plays it all down and is very muted and humble around Michael, and Sonny also hasn't been going around talking about evil A.J., the son of a bitch who deserved to die, at least not since Sonny get caught. Unlike almost everyone else in town, Sonny has not been talking much of that shit since he went to Pentonville. You get the sense that part of him has enough awareness to know what he did, which makes him more tolerable to me. If the writers would internalize that and act on it for Sonny's future, the show would be in a much better place.

I agree with this.  I think Sonny is the only one (of him, Carly, Kiki and Morgan) who can even see that they did something wrong.  I see genuine regret and pain in Sonny in terms of Michael's pain, and I think MB sells that point very well.  I actually empathize with Sonny because I see an attempt on his part in trying to make amends.  Carly and Morgan?  They refuse to see that they did anything OR that Michael even has a reason to be angry.  That's driving me crazy.

ETA: I also agree with you that Chad and MB are doing good work these days. I think the more they play Michael's "I want to love you but I am so angry with you that I can't think straight" and Sonny's "Please just forgive me, what can I do to get you to forgive me" angle, the better off this show will be. I wish they could revive Morgan's "I am left out again" angle because Brian does a really great job with that level of hurt.

I think MB and CD play their love and pain very well.  It's clear that Michael loves Sonny, and it's clear that Sonny wants his son back.  You could see Sonny's hopes diminish today when Michael went off on him.  They were SO close to almost reaching a breakthrough in their relationship, and then it was shattered.  It's ironic that Sonny going back to Pentonville may have opened a door to reconciling with Michael (eventually), but Sonny getting pardoned gets him out of jail, but it destroys any chance he had with Michael.  As for Morgan, I can't take the Morgan pity train anymore.  He's like a 16 year old kid who refuses to grow up.  

Morgan could be a really great character, if he was written better. (Add that to our slogan list - ******* could be a really great character, if...). He has a lot in common with Pacey Witter: sarcastic, academic underachiever, low self-esteem, designated town loser, looks to women to heal his broken heart. Now I'm not saying that BC is Joshua Jackson in terms of acting. But if the writing was there, Morgan would stay at odds with Sonny instead of crawling up his ass 

I like this idea.  I liked Pacey, and I thought Joshua Jackson did a great job of showing how broken hearted he was as the "loser" kid but he had such charisma and spunk that you always rooted for him.  I don't see that in Morgan or BC's portrayal of him, and it could be the writing.  I find Morgan very whiny and so I just want to smack him upside the head.

Ryan Paevey is amazingly good looking but can't act worth a damn. 

I don't agree with this.  I think RP has improved leaps and bounds, and I thoroughly enjoyed his scenes today with ER and JE.  It was hysterical watching him dig himself into a hole that Lulu should tell Dante she was going to see Luke because he couldn't "let her go see him," and Tracey is waving him off like he's heading for a crash landing.  I thought the banter, the timing, and the chemistry of those three in that scene was excellent.  I think RP gets a raw deal most of the time.  I'm not saying he's an award winning actor, but he's not bad at all.  Yes, he doesn't know what to do with his hands.  I notice that with CD sometimes too.  Maybe it's an issue with the big, tall guys.  lol.

• Love 6

That freaking, braying Snarly. Everywhere I looked today, there she was. Standing there oh so proudly beside Sonny as Governor Asshole pardoned him. She was beaming with pride. And then when Michael had the nerve to be upset, she chewed him out. And finally there was her big face right behind Sonny when Morgan opened the door at the end. She's like horseshit, she's everywhere !!!!

• Love 8

LOL that Gov. Gingrich is all, "I don't care that you committed murder; you saved my [worthless, idiotic, bad-taste-in-men] daughter, and that's all that matters. Your debt to society is paid!"

I'm shocked Ron didn't tweet about TG's jailhouse performance: "Just give the Emmy to Tony Geary already!" Ugh. I really hate TG at his hammy worst. 

The only good think about Luke possibly having DID is that now maybe we'll stop hearing about "poor, fragile Laura."

I see genuine regret and pain in Sonny in terms of Michael's pain, and I think MB sells that point very well.

I think Sonny does have genuine regret and pain, but MB selling it? I'm not so sure. It's good that we're not getting Sonny in his "Dude, why you got to be such a downer?" face, but whatever face we got today was hilariously bad.

It's a good thing KA is leaving before she breaks that baby's neck by not supporting it when she holds her.

Sonny's been locked up in a PCPD jail cell and in Pentonville for at least three months, but it's an hour in the HOSPITAL giving him claustrophobia?

• Love 4

Me, for almost 10 minutes after Lewq's screaming his name and dramatic bow: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

eventually followed by choking, and then falling out my chair.  Thanks for the laughs, Tony!  Now get the #### off my screen.

He's insane and pitiful. I wonder if instead of rehabilitating Sonny Ron C is thinking of bringing Lewq back from the edge to be Luke, a protective and loving father, father-in-law, grandfather, husband? The ultimate nemesis of all-powerful mobster Sonny Corinthos?

It's nice to see Angry Michael again. I was really worried there for a bit. But god, Carly, take all of the seats and let me cram this ball gag in your pie hole. This is when I really hate Carly, when she somehow loses the ability to even understand what is going on. I always thought of Carly being somewhat savvy, if misguided. Now she's just so dumb so often.

Carly is really intolerable ([insert joke about how Carly is always intolerable]) this past week or so. It's up there during that time she was running around planning revenge on Lulu and Dante when Michael went to prison, instead of focusing on her freaking son that she was so damned concerned about.

As always, I liked seeing Spencer. Don't judge.

He was tolerable today, imo.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

I watched today's show in three minutes.  It's cheaper to keep everyone in 12x12 jail cells than it is to give people furnished homes.  As long as Lulu's hair is pageant worthy then everything will be okay in PC.  If Tony Geary wanted a story line so he could act without emotion and bluster all he wanted, then he got it.  That Jason guy is a bust after all.  Don't let that red headed date of Nicholas' back on the GH set.  Jeez.  Jane keeps it going and makes everyone better.  TG used to make everyone better too.

Edited by TessHarding2
  • Love 4

The only good thing about the horrible Sonny pardon and hero worship is that whatever softening Michael had is gone.  The only way Sonny can pay now is to lose Michael and for Michael to seek revenge in whatever way he can.

• Love 10

Right after TG's bellowed line and bow in the jail cell, I reallllyyyy wanted JJ's Lucky to walk in, face his father and say, "Not quite!" No one else (well other than Laura) has the history with these two characters, and the acting chops, to deliver the deserved smack-down like he does. And then Nikolas deserves a smackdown for letting Helena stay at Wyndemere. It would also be interesting to see Lucky react to, and maybe even want to help, this guy who also seems to be a victim of Helena ... then realize the guy is actually Jason. 

However, the writing is so terrible that it's beneath JJ"s talents. I just miss JJ on the show, and the Jon/Becky chemistry, and I'm still mad that JZ was not on the show during the Jake dies storyline so that adult Lucky could have some support from Aunt Bobbie. 

• Love 4

I have always thought Carly manipulated the DNA test to "save" Morgan.  I hope Morgan finds out and disowns Carly and Sonny, reunites with Michael and moves into the Quatermaine mansion.  Having both of her sons living with the Q's should be enough to make Carly's head explode.

Carly didn't manipulate the test; she mah-nipple-lated  it.  

• Love 4

I didn't think Patrick could be more disgusting and he goes and proves me wrong. Sam is talking about Helena, the woman ROBIN brought back from the dead, who is a known evil, crazy bitch, and nothing goes off in Patty's brain but "Let's screw!"? This is cute? And now this idiot is taking care of Danny, while his own daughter is who knows where? Male Sabrina.

New drinking game: Take a shot every time Samtrick talk about Jake/Jason. It's all they do.

Sam and Patrick are dumb as two happy meal toys. Btw, those toys were featured when Sam left Borg Jason over "I will not abort my baby because you say so" and left to eat cheetos where she chilled with McBain. But now I guess we aren't allowed to remember that. Much like Sam can't add 2 +2. God, Jason needs to kick Patrick's ass.

And there it is. I knew I wouldn't sit alone at my SamTrick have the collective brain trust of a knat table.

I agree with this.  I think Sonny is the only one (of him, Carly, Kiki and Morgan) who can even see that they did something wrong.  I see genuine regret and pain in Sonny in terms of Michael's pain, and I think MB sells that point very well.  I actually empathize with Sonny because I see an attempt on his part in trying to make amends.  Carly and Morgan?  They refuse to see that they did anything OR that Michael even has a reason to be angry.  That's driving me crazy.

I think MB and CD play their love and pain very well.  It's clear that Michael loves Sonny, and it's clear that Sonny wants his son back.  You could see Sonny's hopes diminish today when Michael went off on him.  They were SO close to almost reaching a breakthrough in their relationship, and then it was shattered.  It's ironic that Sonny going back to Pentonville may have opened a door to reconciling with Michael (eventually), but Sonny getting pardoned gets him out of jail, but it destroys any chance he had with Michael.  As for Morgan, I can't take the Morgan pity train anymore.  He's like a 16 year old kid who refuses to grow up.  

I don't agree with this.  I think RP has improved leaps and bounds, and I thoroughly enjoyed his scenes today with ER and JE.  It was hysterical watching him dig himself into a hole that Lulu should tell Dante she was going to see Luke because he couldn't "let her go see him," and Tracey is waving him off like he's heading for a crash landing.  I thought the banter, the timing, and the chemistry of those three in that scene was excellent.  I think RP gets a raw deal most of the time.  I'm not saying he's an award winning actor, but he's not bad at all.  Yes, he doesn't know what to do with his hands.  I notice that with CD sometimes too.  Maybe it's an issue with the big, tall guys.  lol.

I totally agree with all of this. I think Sonny and Michael are acting properly in this whole thing and everyone around them has done lost their damn minds.

..oh and <3 to your comments about my det Special Kitty, there's always room at our table for a friend. I've only been watching since May but I've never thought RP is THAT bad....and he is super MEOW sexy.

I thought his scene with ER was very good too. He does adorable screwup well.

Edited by Cattitude
  • Love 1
My theory is that Luke originally split during his childhood. I think it had something to do with Pat and that baseball bat. Luke was able to contain his inner Fluke most of the time but when he disappeared for those mystery trips it was Fluke. Fluke was able to track down Julian during that time and destroyed Bartlett Enterprises. I think that when Luke killed Jake, the split became permanent.

I like this, Lillybee. I like it a lot.

The most annoying part about the "bad" off-screen parents is the kids aren't even on-screen! Poor Aidan has been with "Grams" since his inception. There's no reason why the kids' absences couldn't be explained by saying they're with the other parent.

Yes, HeatLifer. Exactly. I mean, Rachel Ames retired how many years ago? If she can be an active grandmother, off-screen, why can't Robin and Lucky be active parents, off-screen?

You can find the meanings of many acronyms/nicknames used on this board here.

Thanks, OnceSane.

Patrick is a brain surgeon -- he is smarter than this. It's just crappy writing. Helena is involved in Robin's drama, Jason's drama, and Jake's drama and the one person who knows all of that has made no effort to put anything together. Robin brought Helena back to life and tried to bring Jason back as well. This Jake character remembers being in bed with Sam and giving her the dragon. Duh! Ask a question -- I mean this is the right time to call Robin to ask that specifically right. they don't even have to have KMc available at least make the effort to call her.

Does Patrick know Robin brought Helena back to life? I can't remember his learning that.

don't agree with this.  I think RP has improved leaps and bounds, and I thoroughly enjoyed his scenes today with ER and JE.  It was hysterical watching him dig himself into a hole that Lulu should tell Dante she was going to see Luke because he couldn't "let her go see him," and Tracey is waving him off like he's heading for a crash landing.  I thought the banter, the timing, and the chemistry of those three in that scene was excellent.  I think RP gets a raw deal most of the time.  I'm not saying he's an award winning actor, but he's not bad at all.  Yes, he doesn't know what to do with his hands.  I notice that with CD sometimes too.  Maybe it's an issue with the big, tall guys.  lol

I agree with you, Bishop. I think Ryan has come along nicely. He hasn't had too much of his own story. I mean he became a cop because of what happened to his sister (and changed his name so he could work her case), but he's only had a handful of episodes with Nina. They're not really writing for him yet (except for stage directions to work out, shirtless).

I think Emme Rylan has come a ways, too. When she first came on, she had no Lulu-esque spunk, but they've been writing better for her, lately. Her scenes with Johnny have been great. Jane elevates everyone who shares the screen with her, so her scenes with Tracy are always good. I miss Julie in the role less now (though I'd take her back in a minute).

• Love 2

My theory is that Luke originally split during his childhood. I think it had something to do with Pat and that baseball bat. Luke was able to contain his inner Fluke most of the time but when he disappeared for those mystery trips it was Fluke. Fluke was able to track down Julian during that time and destroyed Bartlett Enterprises. I think that when Luke killed Jake, the split became permanent.

If they do something like this, what are the odds that they decide that Fluke raped Laura all those years ago and Fluke is Ethan's father?

Edited by ParadoxLost

In other words, Brenda and Micheal will make the bacon.

THIS.  I want Vanessa back badly because 1) Michael and Brenda need to have sex; 2) Chad and Vanessa had some nice chemistry together; and 3) Carly's head will EXPLODE!!  So will Sonny's.  Revenge and sex in one big ball of karmic payback.  God knows RC has been signing every freakin soap actor and actress from others soaps.  How about we bring back an actual GH vet character.  Vanessa doesn't even have to stay long-term, just enough to create a huge problem for Sonny and Carly and then leave.  I loved Vanessa's last visit because it was glorious watching her bait Carly with the idea that she had slept with Michael.  I equally loved Michael and AJ after AJ found out about the hookup.  Chad and Sean were hysterical.  Please come back, Vanessa - just for a short visit (or a long one) whatever works, but no more Brenda Sonny worshipping, please.

..oh and <3 to your comments about my det Special Kitty, there's always room at our table for a friend. I've only been watching since May but I've never thought RP is THAT bad....and he is super MEOW sexy.

I thought his scene with ER was very good too. He does adorable screwup well.

I agree with you, Bishop. I think Ryan has come along nicely. He hasn't had too much of his own story. I mean he became a cop because of what happened to his sister (and changed his name so he could work her case), but he's only had a handful of episodes with Nina. They're not really writing for him yet (except for stage directions to work out, shirtless).

Glad to see some like minds about RP.  I would like to see more character development for Nathan because I am curious to know who his father is and why the idea of Victor Cassadine is somehow better than whoever his father truly is.  Color me curious.

I think Emme Rylan has come a ways, too. When she first came on, she had no Lulu-esque spunk, but they've been writing better for her, lately. Her scenes with Johnny have been great. 

I have always liked ER.  Even though she was different from JMB, I still felt like she was Lulu.  I could see Lulu Spencer in her, which is important in any recast.  I wish Billy Miller had an ounce of Jason Morgan in him, but nope.  He's SO different, and not in a good way.  I'll just call him Jake.  He needs to keep that name even when the truth comes out about who he is because I can't see him as Jason at all.  He's like his kid brother or something.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 2

Okay, could it be that Geary knows all this material is a steaming pile of horse poop and he's basically said screw it and is just being more over the top hammy, scene chewing with gusto never seen before, because he's done?  Probably wishful thinking on my part.

Watching this Geary is painful.  I miss the guy who could make me laugh, cry, think and actually care about his character.

And on another note, the governor is an idiot.

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 9

IMO, Patrick not being on screen with Emma that much is the least of the problems with this show, and the least of the problems with how shittily they write his character these days.  

I think Patrick is second only to Sonny in being a complete waste of skin, but the one thing I will not lay at his feet is the whole "shitty parent" thing, because on GH, everybody is a shitty parent.  (Except for Mac, the exception that proved the rule).

And on another note, the governor is an idiot.

Michael should use some of the Quartermaine billions to lavishly fund a recall campaign against Governor Moobster Groupie.  Hell, use the opportunity to chem test Ivy with Michael, when she comes to confront him about destroying her father's life just because pardoned the guy who (she thinks*) saved hers.

Loved how everybody was trying to guilt trip Michael with the whole "Sonny saved your life!' bullshit.  And of course, Michael isn't allowed to come back with the obvious:  "Yes, and twenty minutes later I saved his.  So we're even and I owe him nothing".

* - Because, come on, Michael was the one who found the bomb and was in the process of disposing it when Grabby von Greaseball came along...

• Love 8

I hate that Sonny robbed Michael of his chance to be a hero. It is like in a football game, Michael caught an interception and ran it back for 80 yards and then got tripped by Sonny who took two steps into the end zone for a touchdown. Michael was ready to toss the football overboard and probably would have thrown it further that Mumbles could jump.

• Love 10

Well, there's 40 something minutes of my life I'll never get back. It keeps sucking and sucking and sucking.

Not sure why exactly BH wasn't good in that scene, because I generally don't have a problem with her acting (minus the bitchface), but I wasn't feeling her today.

Let me rage at Morgan a little more for being a douchebag. Really, why does Ron write him so that everyone will hate him? Get over it? Forgetting the name of the woman you loved and thought you might be her baby's father? Ugh, I'm so at my wit's end with him. Change that damn paternity test, and have either Sonny or Carly be responsible so I can go back to liking him. Sonny was so gross at the end, he looked like he wanted to eat that adorable baby. Avery looked at him like, "who the hell let your ass out of prison? Why the hell did you let my mom fall, dipshit?"

Sonny, Carly, TG's acting, Ron's tweets make me so damn angry, I welcome the Samtrick stupidity. Hello? Is anybody in there? Think there might be a connection? McFly?

Re: the great RP debate - I think he's fine in cop mode. They need to keep him there. I buy him in cop mode, bonding with Dante. I don't buy him speaking French, or any of this other lame contrivance crap he's doing with Maxie.

• Love 3

Just got through watching today's episode on HuluPlus (I don't have a TV). 

I honestly don't know which was worse today - the writing or the acting.  What politician is going to commit political suicide by pardoning Sonny and then lauding him as a valuable member of the community?  Treating Michael as if he were complaining that Sonny was guilty of littering or something, rather than of killing someone in cold blood?  As for the guy's delivery, very forced and stilted.

Having Sonny protest that he didn't deserve a pardon??  I would have preferred that they would have written it as Sonny trying to put one over on Michael with a fake "humble act"....but as some kind of sincere effort on Sonny's part?  Not credible.  Oh, it fits with the "gangster with a heart of gold" trope they're promoting, but the problem is, it just doesn't apply in Sonny's case.  There is not one redeeming aspect of that character!

Loved seeing Michael blast Sonny and Snarly, and hope that anger stays put for a long time.  And Snarly?  Dear God will you shut up already?  Not one hint of empathy for Michael, and then throwing the "you called him Dad when he took the bomb overboard" statement at him - what a cheap shot!  She has never once thanked Michael, the true hero of that incident.

As for Tony Geary...I am so ready for him to retire, for good.  I used to really love his acting but he's just a scenery-chewing mess!  The bit at the beginning, him yelling his name and then "looking intensely at the camera" was so cheesy I felt embarrassed for him.   If the intent is to make Luke out to be a cartoon-like character, they succeeded.  Sadly, I don't think that's what RC had in mind.

I found myself hoping that Billy Miller find some other gig and move on once his contract is up.  If they try to make him into the Evil Robot that SB portrayed, it's just going to be too depressing for me.  I would like to see him play Jason as a three-dimensional, Sonny-hating powerhouse, and become the hero of the show, if he is going to stay.  I don't have much hope of that, unless there's some divine intervention and GH gets new writers.

Finally, there's the scene where Sonny comes to see Avery.  I know this wasn't deliberate (because I honestly don't think MB is a very good actor), but what a deranged smile on his face!  He's going to traumatize that poor baby! 

What a train-wreck this show has become.

• Love 7

Sonny was so gross at the end, he looked like he wanted to eat that adorable baby. Avery looked at him like, "who the hell let your ass out of prison? Why the hell did you let my mom fall, dipshit?"

[sarcasm font] Well, don't ya know, he was getting ready to "accidentally" be a hero after Michael did all the real work.[/sarcasm font]

• Love 1

Watching this Geary is painful.  I miss the guy who could make me laugh, cry, think and actually care about his character.

I hear ya.  I miss the guy who could have ten emotions showing on his face at one time.

See GH History Lessons section for one of my favorite emotional scenes.

• Love 1
I would like to see him play Jason as a three-dimensional, Sonny-hating powerhouse, and become the hero of the show, if he is going to stay.

I don't mind Jason turning his back on Sonny, but I don't think he should become the town hero. He needs to feel the weight of all those murders on his shoulders, and he should shun being called a hero by anyone.

I gotta admit in the Avery scenario Sonny really can't win with me; if he didn't go to see her he'd look like a douchebag but watching a 50something year old cretin visit his 3rd accidental child isn't really heartwarming; it's just, "seriously man, can't you learn how to use a condom?"

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 9

Morgan needs to know that he is the only child that Sonny planned on so that should give him points over Avery, Dante and Kristina.

He should feel valued. (scarism).

Nah, he'll just somehow decide that means Sonny loves him less.

I gotta admit in the Avery scenario Sonny really can't win with me; if he didn't go to see her he'd look like a douchebag but watching a 50something year old cretin visit his 3rd accidental child isn't really heartwarming; it's just, "seriously man, can't you learn how to use a condom?"

All I could think of is when she disappeared and murdering Ava was more important than her whereabouts.  Now he is going to be playing father of the year.

Whatever.

That baby is absolutely beautiful.  Its seems a crime that she is playing a Corinthos.

• Love 4

The bit at the beginning, him yelling his name and then "looking intensely at the camera"

I may be over thinking, but that whole thing seemed like a big FU to the viewers who actually liked the Luke Spencer who loved his sister, aunt, wife, children, friends.  

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 10

I may be over thinking, but that whole thing seemed like a big FU to the viewers who actually liked the Luke Spencer who loved his sister, aunt, wife, children, friends.  

That was also my reaction. 

All I could think of is when she disappeared and murdering Ava was more important than her whereabouts.  Now he is going to be playing father of the year.

But....Sonny LOVES his kids!  (barf)

• Love 2