Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

LMAO. Seriously, I always forget she was Spencer's mother. I wasn't interested in Nem myself, but it's odd they never had a child together.

And SWMNBM is the reason Nem didn't get a kid, because Nik cheated on Emily with her when she didn't get over being raped by a guy that looked just like him fast enough. No, really.

• Love 2
Okay, so I remember nothing except Sonny killed AJ.

How could you when the story has been all about Sonny since he shot AJ last March/April. Sonny's pain that he could hurt or lose Micheal, CryptSex!, Sonny blaming Ava for killing AJ & CryptSex!, Sonny threatening Ava & now Sonny sexing up Carly with a side of Micheal can never learn the truth.

OTT: Just saw a pic of SK & Ralp Macchio & SK is looking really good

• Love 2

And SWMNBM is the reason Nem didn't get a kid, because Nik cheated on Emily with her when she didn't get over being raped by a guy that looked just like him fast enough. No, really.

Oh, trust me, I remember that. It's why Nik, to me, is just another version of Patrick and Sonny. They're all cut from the same woe is me cloth.

I am starting to think I need to stop watching the show live so I don't add to its' viewer count. Today was god awful, just awful.

So many characters I despise all compiled into one episode, it was just too much, I was having rage blackouts every five minutes.

Ava and Morgan can both GTFO. That baby better die, another Corinthos spawn just can't be allowed to live.

If Ron attempts to "redeem" Sabrina somehow I just...can we just cut a little dead weight already? She's no longer necessary, Patrick wants to bone Sam now anyway.

Can Julian be the one to walk away from Alexis this time around? I am sick and tired of her hypocritical, indecisive ass getting on his case.  You want the "good guy" then stop stiffing up Julian's tree. It's time Julian step away, go to the bar and have a timely run in with a frustrated Jordan.

Patrick and Sam are of the same maturity level of Spencer, I don't know how they're supposed to be taken seriously as a couple. They act like pre-teens playing spin the bottle for the first time.

And speaking of Spencer...can notLuke go ahead and take him out for ratting him out? He's like Michael was when he was around that age, I just can't stand it.

Edited by CPP83

After reading everyone's opinions the last couple of days may I just say "ALL HAIL THE BARGE".  Sitting here with my umbrella drink, shades on, just kickin' back in my personalized deck chair.  It's Heaven.

I do want to thank you all for some of your brilliant descriptions of this crap on a stick.  

Sonny needs to give himself a bullet in the head for killing AJ and Spencer needs speech therapy.

Goin'  to play some shuffleboard now.

• Love 4
Okay, so I remember nothing except Sonny killed AJ.

You do realize a box of wine is not a juice box right?....well with this tripe I can see why you may have gotten confused.LOL

It would probably help if I didn't catch up on this site while I watched. What's going on here is infinitely more entertaining than the show.

• Love 4

Just caught up on the last two days, and like, five pages of new snarking.  Strong work, folks.  

I was so rationally irritated by Judge Plot Point, I could hardly pay attention to how cute Nathan was. 

I wish I could say that I saw this coming, but I didn't.  I naively thought that Nathan and Maxie were going to have some time to actually finish a meal together, before 'some contrived obstacle' blew it all to smithereens.  Silly, silly, girl.   

What I would love, is to see a 'date night' with Maxie and Nathan, Lulu and Dante, and Britt and Nik. All family, all friends -- but alas, that would be boring.  Who wants to see people talking to each other and having fun, when we can relive that hot Mooby-Snarly sex, and get close-ups of that not-at-all-hideous necklace and sonny's not-at-all-hideous nipples? 

See I would love something like that.  But Lulu and Maxie I think still have a hangup with Britt.  For reasons you know.

I mean I could see Britt getting an idea for a dinner where she invites her brother.  She gets Nik to invite Lulu and Dante and he mentions to bring Maxie so he can catch up.

Voila you have a surprise dinner where all get together as friends/frenemies.  At the end of the night Nik and Britt go check on Spencer.  While Dante and Lulu have realized that they've drank too much and while they have brought Ben to see family they stay the night and go check on him, thus leaving Maxie and Nate talking in the room with the movable wall, where strangely all of the other four are watching to see how things go.

• Love 2
Also: Sonny was right about Carly and Franco, and I thought Laura Wright and MB played a lot of that well - especially Wright saying she "wanted" to love Franco

Wait--I don't watch scenes with Sonny in them, so I wouldn't have seen this, but did Carly REALLY say that she "wanted" to love Franco?  Why?  Because he's such a great guy?  Such a stable emotional presence?  Great with her kids?  A good provider?  Excuse me???

Also from the "excuse me?" files, did I catch Shawn, the HIT MAN, lecturing Jordan again about selling drugs?  Why?  Because drugs kill people, and that's his job?  Shut it, Shawn.

Nick and Britt continue to perplex and befuddle.  I realize that the engagement party was, like, 7 months ago, and 7 months would totally be long enough for Nikolas to forgive Britt if we'd actually seen either one of them more than twice in the intervening 7 months.  This is what I mean about the pacing being both too fast and too slow.  People are either on plot overdrive, or they're completely gone.  RC's idea of "slow build" is three action-packed days every 4 months. 

I'm going to enjoy Sam and Patrick because they're pretty and happy together, and both characters needed a lot more pretty and happy in their lives, and I'm going to do my best to ignore the fact that the writing for them blows.  I remain very skeptical however that Sam and Silas are really done.  If they are, ME better be polishing up his resume because since Sam and Silas broke up, there has been NO effort to move his character out of his tiny existing circle of acquaintance. 

• Love 1

I'm not thrilled about BM taking over the role and turning Jason into Billy Abbott 2.0.  Just no.

How do you know that's what is going to happen? At this point, BM hasn't really had much to do as Jason. I've seen him on things besides Y&R and he is certainly capable of playing something other than comedy. Plus, wasn't Jason Quartermaine a character with actual emotions and so forth? Maybe he'll be that Jason rather than Jason/Borg/hitman.

I do think Patrick and Sam are not bad together because (right now at least) they seem very sparkly and all that. The problem is, that it's just so obvious this isn't going anywhere good. We're just heading towards another lame triangle. And the truth is, Sam and Patrick haven't been given enough time to build this side of the triangle. Or maybe it will be a quad since Silas is still sniffing around. Regardless, it's all too connect the dots for me.

• Love 3

It would be great for Sam/Patrick to be genuinely happy for a bit. It's fake happy and shiny. It's like RC can only write shiny people if he ignores everything else he puts on paper.

I've also wondered about the future of ME. I'd be surprised if he's still on the show by next year if Sam/Silas are done.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 2
Also from the "excuse me?" files, did I catch Shawn, the HIT MAN, lecturing Jordan again about selling drugs?  Why?  Because drugs kill people, and that's his job?  Shut it, Shawn.

It is so two-faced of him to open his piehole considering he works for Sonny, but OTOH Shawn is the most incompetent hitman in the universe. The only reason he didn't end up shooting Olivia is because it turned out that Franco did it.

• Love 1

I'll do the opposite of Sonny.

I'll be the AJ. I brought the box of wine into discussion. But just like AJ and the time he dressed as a ghoul and told Micheal the truth, I regret nothing. You guys talking about it was awesome. I take responsibility, but I'm sorry not sorry.

Anyway, when the hell am I getting Micheal and Not Jake? Or Monica? Get off the damn island, Micheal, but leave Lauren there.

• Love 1

I'm so sick of Nina. And Ava. why are these characters on like every day.

Nina, yes. Ava hasn't been on since last Wednesday. And I ate up that small bit of Morgan/Ava with a spoon. Along with Samtrick.

Here though, are my STFU for the day: Spencer (literally the second he opened his mouth today he was an annoying little asshole brat), Shawn (your hypocrisy and arrogance only makes you look worse and worse) and of course Sobby. Just end your sorry miserable life. No one will miss you.

I forgot one of the best parts of today, when Jordan had zero fucks to give to Sabrina and eyerolled her way off the phone at her. Beautiful. I so love Jordan.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 6

And they will probably retcon it where Sonny's bullet wasn't what ultimately killed AJ - even though AJ wouldn't have been in the hospital at all if it wasn't for Sonny shooting him.

And I will just shake my head when Sonny points the finger at Ava and acts all "she made me do it!"  Sonny is/will have to be the most pathetic mobster ever.

I actually hope frankenRon do make AJ's murder not Sonny

s fault. Because then the barge will be my home until the show is cancelled and I can watch the very last show as a celebration. I will not be surprised tho.I have been waiting for this. It's really bad when you use to look forward to something only to see someone destroy it.

• Love 1

Jordan is far too smart and gorgeous to be saddled with a hypocritical oaf like Shawn. 

My level of loathing for Shawn seems so out of balance for a guy who is basically a day player who gets bumped up to secondary story line player every now and then, but I REALLY REALLY DESPISE the guy.  His incompetence could be amusing if it wasn't coupled with a Corinthos level of hubris.  Him being paired with Jordan brings her down IMO and for me seriously risks my ability to give a crap about her character too, regardless of her obvious acting ability.

Shawn should be on the same level as Alice or Ephiphany, rarely seen and played for laughs.  Instead he's like Sonny's third moob.

Edited by boes
  • Love 10

Did shawn really say that about drugs Killing people , with a straight face . Did Jordan choke ? Are TIIC really writing this garbage,Maybe they are just trying to see if the viewers are actualy listening ?Haven't been watching ,only reading here.

• Love 2
I actually hope frankenRon do make AJ's murder not Sonny

s fault. Because then the barge will be my home until the show is cancelled and I can watch the very last show as a celebration. I will not be surprised tho.I have been waiting for this. It's really bad when you use to look forward to something only to see someone destroy it.

I'm eyeing the barge for when Michael forgives Sonny.  Then I will have zero reason to watch.  The only thing I'm remotely interested in is Michael's reaction and once that's over and gone to shit I'll be done.

• Love 2

See I would love something like that.  But Lulu and Maxie I think still have a hangup with Britt.  For reasons you know.

I mean I could see Britt getting an idea for a dinner where she invites her brother.  She gets Nik to invite Lulu and Dante and he mentions to bring Maxie so he can catch up.

Voila you have a surprise dinner where all get together as friends/frenemies.  At the end of the night Nik and Britt go check on Spencer.  While Dante and Lulu have realized that they've drank too much and while they have brought Ben to see family they stay the night and go check on him, thus leaving Maxie and Nate talking in the room with the movable wall, where strangely all of the other four are watching to see how things go.

That's one of the reasons I think it could be fun.  Everyone is either a friend or a family member (with Nathan having a relative from each side).  I'd like to see how Britt would behave considering there's still a layer of uncomfortableness.  She wants to make nice with Maxie for Nathan's sake, and Lulu for Nik's, and Nik could fill Nathan in on his family tree* a bit.  Dante and Nathan can play footsie under the table.  It's also amusing the level of crazy between all of their parents.  I really enjoyed the conversations Nathan and Britt and Nik and Britt had about their families -- it felt both believable and like old school soap. and was still meta enough to speak directly to the audience. 

This might also work as a loophole with the current s/l if Lulu and Dante want to get Nathan and Maxie together without it being a "date". 

*As far as the character's know, Victor is Nathan's father. 

Here though, are my STFU for the day: Spencer (literally the second he opened his mouth today he was an annoying little asshole brat), Shawn (your hypocrisy and arrogance only makes you look worse and worse) and of course Sobby. Just end your sorry miserable life. No one will miss you.

I say this a lot (with good reason), but Ron sucks.  I hate that he's making me wish bad things on children.  Like, Beetle-Fasion needs to come back on Halloween with some candied apples and razorblades.  Those kids can be cute-ish, but with Ron writing for them, they're like cotton candy and swizzle sticks -- a little bit, on a rare occasion, can be a nice treat, but too much just makes you want to curl up in a fetal position while puking your brains out, and wishing for death (your death, their death, who cares).    

I do feel sorry for the kid who plays Spencer though, he's picking up some really bad acting tics. 

Edited by SwordQueen
  • Love 3

My level of loathing for Shawn seems so out of balance for a guy who is basically a day player who gets bumped up to secondary story line player every now and then, but I REALLY REALLY DESPISE the guy. His incompetence could be amusing if it wasn't coupled with a Corinthos level of hubris. Him being paired with Jordan brings her down IMO and for me seriously risks my ability to give a crap about her character too, regardless of her obvious acting ability.

Shawn should be on the same level as Alice or Ephiphany, rarely seen and played for laughs. Instead he's like Sonny's third moob.

I am totally with you on this. I may loathe Shawn more than any other character. He serves no purpose and is (im)morally outraging. I cannot even enjoy the eye candy because he is so reprehensible to me. I want to like Jordan, but she needs to run far, far away. Or arrest him. Either will do.

• Love 6

One more thing that I hate about Shawn is that he is the smuggest of all the smuggers. He is so fucking self righteous and thinks that he is above all excepting Sonny. Maybe NuJason will teach him a lesson.

• Love 7

Not only could I not watch while at work yesterday, but I got stuck at work really late.  So when I logged on this board and learned this episode was all about Spencer and Sean, I used my new remote-access dvr and deleted it.  

I have no use for Spencer and the only use I have for Sean is praying that the next time he misses his target, he hits and kills Spencer instead.  

• Love 1

Shawn is extremely...um...built. I'll give the man that.

The actor is a beautiful man. His character gets uglier every time he talks. 

Shawn needs to be launched into the sun, too. Ugh, he's such an asshole.

I'd like for all the women in town to line up to tell him off. 

Oh Sobby, you REALLY needed someone to point out that killing an innocent baby is WRONG?  Sigh.  I will say that TeCa was pretty decent acting wise today, even if her dialogue was silly.

I wanted Carlos to dump her after she admitted to wanting to harm Ava's baby as payback for Gabriel.

Carlos is a lot of (sexy) things and a complicated man, but he's not into chicks who wish harm on babies!

Ulkis, I'm tired of him using the word "townie". He was born & lives in the damn town. He also goes to school in the town. He is a townie

Rosalie needs a new legit job doesn't she? She could be Spencers new nanny and school that kid on thing or two. Starting with the fact that he defines townie. 

He's not very good at his job..... but he totes needs to shut the pie hole. 

My level of loathing for Shawn seems so out of balance for a guy who is basically a day player who gets bumped up to secondary story line player every now and then, but I REALLY REALLY DESPISE the guy.  His incompetence could be amusing if it wasn't coupled with a Corinthos level of hubris.  Him being paired with Jordan brings her down IMO and for me seriously risks my ability to give a crap about her character too, regardless of her obvious acting ability.

Shawn should be on the same level as Alice or Ephiphany, rarely seen and played for laughs.  Instead he's like Sonny's third moob.

I thought my hate for this character was bordering on irrational, glad to hear others feel the same! 

• Love 3

I am still waiting for Sonny to try and get any info out of Jordan.  I want her to wipe the floor with him.

I'm sure if he lays one orange, greasy little finger on her weave it'll be all over for the midget mickey mouse moobster.  
  • Love 4

Shawn was hot back in the day, but now he's just so smug it kills me. Which is better than he does. But anyway, he's so goregous and wasted. I'm like..... I want to write a letter to the actor begging him to go on a better show. And I'm waiting for Shondra Rhimes to notice Tequan Richmond because he's way too good for this show. He and Billy Miller will, imo, be cherry picked for the next show she does or put on one she has already. Greys Anatomy has to end soon, so she's going to need a third.

And my God, Spencer annoys me. He's a disgrace to Count Chocula cereal, the Count from Seasame Street, and pancakes. Who the hell hates sugar? Like... dude?

• Love 2

I loathe Shawn the character but I do find Sean Blakemore attractive. HOWEVER, his acting leaves a lot to be desired, IMO.  I can never quite make out what he is trying to say (or mumble). And when he and Maurice are in a scene together, I watch to see who stammers more and who is going to get their line out first.

Fun stuff !!!  

• Love 3

Shawn was hot back in the day, but now he's just so smug it kills me.

The smug has destroyed many a character under Ron Carlivati's pen.  But in Shawn's case, it's more the raging hypocrisy.  And yes, a lot of soap characters are hypocrites, but Shawn's case of it is so severe.

As for Spencer, while I do find him very annoying, ...I kinda like how much he likes Britt, sue me!

• Love 4

I'm sure if he lays one orange, greasy little finger on her weave it'll be all over for the midget mickey mouse moobster.  

I hope it happens soon!

I loathe Shawn the character but I do find Sean Blakemore attractive. HOWEVER, his acting leaves a lot to be desired, IMO.  I can never quite make out what he is trying to say (or mumble). And when he and Maurice are in a scene together, I watch to see who stammers more and who is going to get their line out first.

Fun stuff !!!  

Lol! sometime ya gotta make your own fun! 

I come from a family of mumblers so I have no prob understanding him, my issue is that I can't believe the Fred Flintstone, caveman misogyny bullshit that spews out of him. 

• Love 2

I am still waiting for Sonny to try and get any info out of Jordan.  I want her to wipe the floor with him.

This is Port Charles. Womenfolk are  automatically incapacitated by the Forearm Death Grip. It also raises their libido and they must mate right then and there.

• Love 5
I forgot one of the best parts of today, when Jordan had zero fucks to give to Sabrina and eyerolled her way off the phone at her. Beautiful. I so love Jordan.

I know. I loved Jordan's exasperated "I KNOW AVA NEEDS THE DRUGS. GOD." Jordan was annoyed from the get-go that Sabrina called. Hee.

I wouldn't mind Shawn ragging Jordan about pushing drugs if Jordan could rag Shawn about being a hit man. Though of course Shawn could retort that he hasn't killed anyone since he got to Port Charles. But still.

• Love 8

Shallow notes from yesterday: Jordan is gorgeous. And why is Sh-yawn still on the show? Ditto Sabrina. This is the first time I'm watching Carlos. Not too shabby, except he's with Sabrina, and yecch.

Why is Spencer a thing? And does Nik have anything else going on besides Britt and his horrible son? Because he's a freakin' Cassadine, Ron, you jackhole!!

• Love 2
I wouldn't mind Shawn ragging Jordan about pushing drugs if Jordan could rag Shawn about being a hit man. Though of course Shawn could retort that he hasn't killed anyone since he got to Port Charles. But still.

Not for lack of trying. 

• Love 4

And does Nik have anything else going on besides Britt and his horrible son? Because he's a freakin' Cassadine, Ron, you jackhole!!

I really want Nik and Britt to stay together for a bit and get wrapped up in some kind of Cassadine-related story, especially now that Helena's hovering in the wings.  What would she think of her grandson with Obrecht's daughter?

• Love 2

That's probably why he keeps missing.

His complete inability to actually kill anyone leaves a tiny, dying daily, shred of hope that he might still be undercover after all, and he sucks because he wants to suck.  And he knows that Sonny is just enough of an idiot to continue to employ the world's worst hit man.  

• Love 8

His complete inability to actually kill anyone leaves a tiny, dying daily, shred of hope that he might still be undercover after all, and he sucks because he wants to suck. And he knows that Sonny is just enough of an idiot to continue to employ the world's worst hit man.

Bwah. I would like Shawn if this was the case.

• Love 2
I'm not thrilled about BM taking over the role and turning Jason into Billy Abbott 2.0.  Just no.

I never saw Billy Abbott, not being a Y&R watcher.  I've only seen Miller as Richie Novak (Annie Lavery's brother) back on All My Children.  He played a murderous sociopath, and there were a couple of times he actually scared me. He was convincing when it came to murderous crazy. It's too bad that character was beyond redemption; I thought he was a good actor.  But he played such a sicko I don't see how they could have turned it around. 

And AMC had already done a cutting-the-tumor-out-makes-the-killer-go-away story.  Hmm, I wonder if Ron knows about that storyline? /snerk

Edited by amaranta
  • Love 2

This show needs to stop pretending that Scotty has any kind of father-son relationship with Franco.  Or that Scotty would really give a fuck that Bobbie lied to Franco about Carly and possibly end their relationship over it. 

And Franco throwing shade on Bobbie's character?  Shut up, SERIAL KILLER.

Hey, Lucy!  But ugh, she's being wasted on lame catfights with Bobbie and whatever this nonsense is with Duke and Anna.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

In just moments, there's Sonny talking about NotTodd!Franco/trying to sound sinister, NotTodd!Franco trying to sound sinister about his wedding day/Carly, and Bobbie and Carly talking about her feelings/Sonny. That was enough for me to know there is nothing actually worth watching today. 

It's sad that of all the adult male characters on this show, the only ones who aren't idiots or losers in some way are Mac and Dante. Yes, I know Nathan is a nice guy, but he's an idiot to still be infatuated with Maxie after everything that's happened.

As for the women ... I think at the moment Elizabeth may be the only one not being stupid/willfully compromising herself regarding a man. I don't count Lulu because she's being a moron re: Fluke. The moment Fluke couldn't remember Dante's name and then said "I knew it was something Italian" - she should have been alarmed.

• Love 2

I hate that I am saying this but I will be so glad when Jason is revealed as being alive and well because Patrick will see Sam lose her mind and run him ass over face to get to the "greatest love of her life" and that'll make her another woman who, if given the choice, will always pick Jason over him and I will smile.

Also I am actually glad Silas has been given a backseat to things because I'd much rather see Sam screw over Patrick for Jason.

Ad I still think it's silly Sam supposedly thought telling Silas his wife could walk without a hint of proof was all the evidence he would need to doubt her.

He gave his wife the benefit of the doubt, oh my goodness what was he thinking? A husband actually sticking by the woman he married and gave vows to and who was responsible for her coma and felt he should try and be a better man than the selfish bastard who cheated on her. Yes she was playing him but it isn't as if Silas was in a position to think she had morphed into some psycho hell bent on revenge. She was his wife in a wheelchair for all he knew.

But then again this is PC and Sam is used to being around jerks like Sonny and Jason and Patrick who apparently can always somehow not only end up acting like the most self serving of pricks but they convince their womens to accept it as if that's just the way things have to be.

Nice to see that Ava was doing such a great job killing that evil spawn of hers. It's about time.

How many more months are we going to get Ava screaming and clutching her belly?  Man this gets old.

Until that baby is still born and then it'll be worth it, at least to me. As long as the end justifies the means and all that.

Oh another day with the vets and it wasn't good...oh just...why? If that's the best Ron is willing to do for them then I'd rather they just all go on a long hiatus. I'm embarrassed for the actors and the characters both.

The Nina needs to be halved and quartered, if the SERIAL KILLER loses his mind again can she be one of his victims? 

• Love 1