Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, ulkis said:

Although really, I would buy more that the three characters decided they wanted a threeway instead of throwing their relationship with Lucky away. Thanks be to TC and JJ for trying to salvage the relationship later.

LOL. Too bad soaps are squeamish about threesomes, because that does make the most sense for Lucky, Elizabeth, and Nik.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

Are they ever going to show a past episode that isn’t about Michael? Lawd. 

For a guy who is supposed to be the key character the rising generation of the show is built around, Michael is awfully disposable.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, yowsah1 said:

For a guy who is supposed to be the key character the rising generation of the show is built around, Michael is awfully disposable.

Right? Look at how much this one character literally shifted the ENTIRE show. Now look at the forgettable, chemistry-less actor who portrays him. It’s 2019. Sonny/Carly/Jason/Sam should not be the leads anymore. Michael, realistically, should be it. It’s really jarring.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, yowsah1 said:

But it's not really being built around him.  His primary purpose is still to prop Sonny and Carly and to be saved by Jason.  I thought there was some sweetness and spark to Michael/Chloe until the story became about Carly and how she is going to save her poor son from the psychotic hussy. Chad Duell was hired to be Michael in prison, a sad sack to justify Jason saving him and they haven't written him with any kind of backbone since.  Even the triangle with Willow and Chase -- I'm expecting Michael to win not because he is the better man, or even an equally energetic man, but because he's Sonny and Carly's son.

I don't think it's Michael who has shifted the show but Sonny and Jason.

I wasn't watching GH when today's episode originally aired and it showed me why.  No CarSon but the way the Quartermaines treated Jason while dumping on AJ made my blood boil. Luke was his smug self insisting that Carly and Jason were fine to take care of a sick baby.  There should have been a decent 3 way WTD fight for Michael but they had Tony acting like he was losing his mind, AJ like he was muck on their shoes, and of course Jason gets to make the call for Michael.  Plus qu'il change, plus qu'il reste meme. (The more things change, the more they stay the same.)

On the plus side, BH, Kristina Wagner and JJY look like they have barely aged.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I wasn't watching GH when today's episode originally aired and it showed me why.  No CarSon but the way the Quartermaines treated Jason while dumping on AJ made my blood boil.

Oh, man, me too.  This was two years after Jason's accident and he had treated them like shit on the bottom of his shoe the entire time and now they were acting like the prodigal son had blessed them with his progeny.  Made me want to puke.  This episode made me remember that this was the beginning of the end for me as far as liking Jason was concerned. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

No CarSon but the way the Quartermaines treated Jason while dumping on AJ made my blood boil. Luke was his smug self insisting that Carly and Jason were fine to take care of a sick baby.  There should have been a decent 3 way WTD fight for Michael but they had Tony acting like he was losing his mind, AJ like he was muck on their shoes, and of course Jason gets to make the call for Michael. 

2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

This was two years after Jason's accident and he had treated them like shit on the bottom of his shoe the entire time and now they were acting like the prodigal son had blessed them with his progeny. 

I remember it differently. After his accident, they treated him like a brain damaged special child who couldn’t or shouldn’t be allowed to make any decisions because he wasn’t their special Jason from before. They never accepted the new him and that was before he started working for Sonny. The only two people who treated him like a person was Lila and Emily. He always had a good relationship with them.

The Q’s didn’t know at that time that AJ had a claim to Michael. It wasn’t Jason that they cared about. It was that there was another generation of Q’s. That scene was one of many where Edward decided that the baby belonged back at the mansion. It didn’t matter if it was with his mother or father at the time. He just wanted another generation to shape into basically him. He did just talk about buying Michael from Carly or that was how I perceived it.

Luke had threatened Carly that he would kill her if her told Bobby that she was her daughter. I don’t know if Luke was more worried about if they die and Bobby finding out later it was her daughter/grandson or Luke hoping they would die.

This was the era that I watched everyday while it was on. It held my interest most day which is something I can’t say now.

• Love 3

I think they should have killed off Edward after David Lewis died. Edward was a buffoon clown easy opponent with the recast.

Thinking about the time when David Lewis was the male lead on the show compared to what Maurice Bernard currently brings to the table.  Well .....  another year this side of the daisies - Happy New Years!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, sunnyface said:

Thinking about the time when David Lewis was the male lead on the show compared to what Maurice Bernard currently brings to the table.  Well .....  another year this side of the daisies - Happy New Years!

It took me quite some time to warm up to John Ingle's Edward Quartermaine, but I eventually grew fond of his take on the character.  David Lewis will now and forever be my favorite, OG Edward Quartermaine, and poor Jed Allen was so mis-cast in the role (never understood how the producers of Dallas missed casting him back in the day).  All three actors really did capture Edward's love for Lila.  And I always appreciated DL's and JI's grudging respect and semi-admiration for Luke "that scheming reprobate."  Good times, for reals.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

Jed Allen was so mis-cast in the role

What made that weirder is that while Jed Allen was playing EQ, John Ingle was over on DOOl playing Mickey Horton and was as equally miscast.

45 minutes ago, Winston Wolfe said:

David Lewis will now and forever be my favorite, OG Edward Quartermaine,

Mine, too, but I did really grow to love John Ingle, also.  Les Tremayne was a good temp recast because he looked so much like David Lewis.  It wasn't nearly the same, of course, nobody else could be David Lewis, but if they had to recast him, I think that was the best they could have done.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, statsgirl said:

There should have been a decent 3 way WTD fight for Michael but they had Tony acting like he was losing his mind

Tony was losing his mind. BJ's death, his marriage collapsing, the affair with Carly, the baby drama—it all crashed on him and he did have a breakdown of sorts.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, xfuse said:

I remember it differently. After his accident, they treated him like a brain damaged special child who couldn’t or shouldn’t be allowed to make any decisions because he wasn’t their special Jason from before. They never accepted the new him and that was before he started working for Sonny. The only two people who treated him like a person was Lila and Emily. He always had a good relationship with them.

The Q’s didn’t know at that time that AJ had a claim to Michael. It wasn’t Jason that they cared about. It was that there was another generation of Q’s. That scene was one of many where Edward decided that the baby belonged back at the mansion. It didn’t matter if it was with his mother or father at the time. He just wanted another generation to shape into basically him. He did just talk about buying Michael from Carly or that was how I perceived it.

Luke had threatened Carly that he would kill her if her told Bobby that she was her daughter. I don’t know if Luke was more worried about if they die and Bobby finding out later it was her daughter/grandson or Luke hoping they would die.

This was the era that I watched everyday while it was on. It held my interest most day which is something I can’t say now.

And you know what. THE Qs WEREN'T WRONG. Jason shouldn't be making decisions. He is more incapable than special children. Michael was even more of an heir than they thought by virtue of being AJ's son, who Jason unilaterally decided shouldn't know his own child and by that decision, put Michael into grave danger which ended up with Michael being in a coma. As much as I like Billy Warlock, I wish we had a writer that wasn't Guza and Sean Kanean in the role so I could watch AJ punch Jason in the face for pulling that. Of course Guza (who wrote the episode we saw yesterday) would use his poisin pen to further demonize the Qs.  

• Love 9

It’s funny to me that the Qs, and essentially all other characters, were held to such different standards than Sonny, Carly, and Jason. As if, only S/C/J knew how to really “love” someone and everyone else...didn’t? Or it wasn’t genuine enough? And on top of that, S/C/J were always justified in what they did. So we get cases like “Omg Robin told a truth that wasn’t hers to tell” but ...um....Carly was a liar. Jason was a liar. Like, that didn’t matter? Alcoholism was seen as worse than ... killing people.

And I’m not referring to preferences by fans here. We all like certain characters, etc. I’m speaking on how the characters were written and how the writing team portrayed these stories over the years. It all seemed very backwards.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 10
55 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

It’s funny to me that the Qs, and essentially all other characters, were held to such different standards than Sonny, Carly, and Jason. As if, only S/C/J knew how to really “love” someone and everyone else...didn’t? Or it wasn’t genuine enough? And on top of that, S/C/J were always justified in what they did. So we get cases like “Omg Robin told a truth that wasn’t hers to tell” but ...um....Carly was a liar. Jason was a liar. Like, that didn’t matter? Alcoholism was seen as worse than ... killing people.

And I’m not referring to preferences by fans here. We all like certain characters, etc. I’m speaking on how the characters were written and how the writing team portrayed these stories over the years. It all seemed very backwards.

YES to this entire post.  Sonny/Carly/Jason have, for over 20 years now, judged the Q's because they somehow think THEY (S/C/J) are perfect and only THEY know how to love/be real/take care of people.  Seriously, it's easy to make a case that the Q's, like 95% of soap families, are dysfunctional, but for that to be used against them when S/C/J are just as morally bankrupt (if not more) and criminals to boot is pathetic.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 7
51 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

“Omg Robin told a truth that wasn’t hers to tell”

That really bugged me.  The truth is the truth.  AJ had a right to know.  I'm all for giving someone else the chance to tell the truth first, but if they don't, it's not on you to keep other people's secrets (unless they just affect them, of course, I'm not suggesting tattling, gossip, and not keeping confidences are good qualities).  Someone should have reminded Carly of this (and maybe they did I don't remember) when she got so mad at Elizabeth for keeping Jason's son from him.  Elizabeth at least told Jason he was the father, though she wasn't so honest with Lucky, and they agreed for Jake's safety to keep it a secret, making Carly's anger even more hypocritical, IMO.

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

“Omg Robin told a truth that wasn’t hers to tell”

That really bugged me.  The truth is the truth.  AJ had a right to know.  I'm all for giving someone else the chance to tell the truth first, but if they don't, it's not on you to keep other people's secrets (unless they just affect them, of course, I'm not suggesting tattling, gossip, and not keeping confidences are good qualities).  Someone should have reminded Carly of this (and maybe they did I don't remember) when she got so mad at Elizabeth for keeping Jason's son from him.  Elizabeth at least told Jason he was the father, though she wasn't so honest with Lucky, and they agreed for Jake's safety to keep it a secret, making Carly's anger even more hypocritical, IMO.

• Love 2

It's not just that AJ had a right to know, it was the show's belief that a brain-damaged hitman and a mobster were good parents and Michael must at all costs be kept away from a man who was an alcoholic and always being put down by his family.

6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Tony was losing his mind. BJ's death, his marriage collapsing, the affair with Carly, the baby drama—it all crashed on him and he did have a breakdown of sorts.

That's true. But he did have a point that he was possibly the father. So did AJ who had had a known relationship with Carly.  For everyone to immediately default to Jason being the father and letting hi make the decisions was a waste of story.  It's still going on, that "Jason Always Wins" bad writing.

5 hours ago, HeatLifer said:

It's almost as if they think we're stupid ...

• Love 3

I enjoyed the 1997 NYE episode, as a nostalgic exercise. Whether I liked all the actors/characters or not, it was fun to revisit a distant period (I see Mulcahey wrote the episode; I liked him) and see all those long-gone and never-mentioned-again characters (Katherine, Keesha, Dara), as well as the original faces of Carly, Sarah, Emily, and Bobbie.  

I had not remembered the Webber girls getting along as well as they were doing at the Outback. They had only been on the show a few months at this point, too. When I think of that relationship, I never think of anything good happening, but I guess it was more varied than it is in my memory. Strangely, when I think of Liz's relationship with Rachel/Hayden, the "good" part of it does come to mind first, even though those two had so much conflict and even physical fights before they knew they were related. So I think Becky Herbst had better sibling chemistry with Liz's retconned sister than with either attempt at the one she was supposed to have grown up with. Maybe it's because Budig is such a pro, and neither of the Sarah actresses brought much to the part   

I couldn't even focus on the dialogue in the Robin/Brenda phone conversation because I was thinking about how enormous the phone receivers looked. Ah, the land-line era.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Asp Burger said:

I couldn't even focus on the dialogue in the Robin/Brenda phone conversation because I was thinking about how enormous the phone receivers looked. Ah, the land-line era.  

All I could think of was how young Robin looked.  Yes, Brenda was young also, but Robin was just such a baby.

• Love 2

I always called GH in the 90’s the taupe years because everyone is dressed in brown or muted colors. Even the sets look brown. It looks so depressing and dull. I’m glad high definition came along and everything brighten up. 

On 12/28/2018 at 1:00 PM, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Then wouldn't it go a little more like: Y..You know what?  (long pause) I... I think you're uh.. I think you're mistaken (weird smile as he says "mistaken").?

On 12/28/2018 at 1:09 PM, sacrebleu said:

Let me be the first to say,

BWAAHAHAH AHAHAHA Jason's extra special New Year's Eve hair!!!!

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

On 12/28/2018 at 2:13 PM, ulkis said:

What's sadder, filming scenes in the dressing room hallway or crack den park? You decide!

On 12/28/2018 at 3:31 PM, Perkie said:

Does Ryan own an invisibility cloak or something... No one saw him go into the Metrcourt, up the elevator, through the restaurant and onto the balcony with Peyton's body?  Shut up with that nonsense.  

On 12/28/2018 at 4:00 PM, Perkie said:

I guess I'll kiss you now......wait....what's in the corner not moving.....a dead body you say.......

On 12/27/2018 at 9:02 PM, ciarra said:

So no NYE conception, unless Kim is a horse? 

On 12/29/2018 at 7:50 AM, YaddaYadda said:

On the one hand, I understand where Sam is coming from. Julian's association with Liv nearly got Alexis killed and Sam got thrown off from the bridge while she was pregnant and she had to unforgivably give birth through her pants. 

So much LOL goodness on this board the last few days. I haven’t even watched any of these episodes yet, and I’m not sure I want to because they won’t be nearly as much fun as the commentary.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I always called GH in the 90’s the taupe years because everyone is dressed in brown or muted colors. Even the sets look brown. It looks so depressing and dull. I’m glad high definition came along and everything brighten up. 

The women all had the same color hair, too, for some bizarre reason, and it was pretty universally unflattering.

But high def brightened things up? We're living in the land of gray!

• Love 2

I'm still not clear why the TV producer wanted to interview Curtis for the Ryan Chamberlain documentary? Curtis wasn't in PC 25 years ago. He doesn't know a thing about the murders other than what he might have read in the newspapers, just like anyone else.  

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

I'm still not clear why the TV producer wanted to interview Curtis for the Ryan Chamberlain documentary? Curtis wasn't in PC 25 years ago. He doesn't know a thing about the murders other than what he might have read in the newspapers, just like anyone else.  

Yeah, that was a weird plot device. I think he even barely knows Kevin letalone Ryan. I guess because he's in the Jordan vortex and he's working the case on the side. That said, it makes no sense that he would be interviewed.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh yes, just the characters the Ryan story was missing.  Shut up, Frank ('s intern).

Too funny! Just what the people were calmoring for. More Sam & Jason. Not.

• Love 4

How did creepy Hank immediately know Drew was Drew upon coming out of the elevator when just last Friday (or yesterday or earlier that day in PC-land) he mistook Jason for Drew at The Floating Rib?

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Curtis said today that he was trying to pitch a TV show to red shirt TV guy.

Wow, that Jason is amazing! Just from Kristina's conversation, he's immediately suspicious of the guy. And he's right!  Who could have predicted???

I get what Julian is trying to do. But it's always a bad idea to listen to advice from either Joss or Kristina.  Both together? A dumpster fire.

Is Obrecht going to stay on the show as recurring to torment various characters? That makes me happy. Can she please go after the  Unholy Trinity too?

Jon Lindstrom continues to shine as Ryan. He's good, and he's giving to other actors.

• Love 9

Drew nudging Kim out the door like he can't bear the thought of any more extended personal time with her after that horrifying kiss was hilarious to me. BM is treating this like Drew is being held hostage by Kim's lingering romantic feelings for him and he can't wait to escape. I don't know what he's going to do if the script requires him to actually sell us Drew falling for Kim. 

Julian breaking up with Kim under the misguided reasoning that it's better for her to not have him as a "distraction" was pretty painful. Julian's had such a thorough turnaround that I forgot what an ass he could be. I'm assuming he was lying about having sex with another woman since we didn't see that happen, though it wouldn't be out of character for him to fall into bed with someone to nurse his wounds. I mean, Leo exists, after all.

Shut up, Jason and Sam. Kristina is most definitely old enough to make her own living arrangements without getting clearance from her older sister. (Did anyone follow her to Oregon to check out her living situation with Parker? Don't think so.) It's such a stupid way to get Sam and Jason further involved in whatever these nefarious members of Kristina's "family" are up to. And what an inauspicious start to 2019 for our power couple JaSam: aborted romantic moments, finding a dead body, and helicopter parenting Kristina. Laaaame.

• Love 6

Monaco seemed less repulsed by Burton today but they kiss like they both have herpes of the mouth.  To steal something from Escape at Dannemora, those micro expressions are still present.

Oh and she spoke above a whisper with Kristina!

Hank is better than most of the male actors on this show.  A guy that looks alive and isn't completely one note! Amazing.

Kim cried more about Julian breaking up with her than Oscar. lol.

So is Lassie going to save Kristina?

Edited by Hater
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, Linny said:

Shut up, Jason and Sam. Kristina is most definitely old enough to make her own living arrangements without getting clearance from her older sister. (Did anyone follow her to Oregon to check out her living situation with Parker? Don't think so.) It's such a stupid way to get Sam and Jason further involved in whatever these nefarious members of Kristina's "family" are up to.

How many fucking stories can they be shoehorned into????  

• Love 5

OK, they got me with the Shiloh reveal. I'm invested in it.

We know Daisy is after Sam and "Shiloh" is after Drew or maybe Jason, so I don't mind the interconnectedness. It certainly wouldn't have any stakes with Krissy/Oscar alone.

By the way, as suspected, the Oscar actor is 75 percent better now that he doesn't have to do the whole rebel without a cause attitude. 

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

OK, they got me with the Shiloh reveal. I'm invested in it.

I didn't see today, but I think it would have been more impactful if Hank had been around for more than one episode before this reveal happened.

And again, instead of ceding story to a younger character, it's now gonna center on Jason and Sam.  It's like every Michael story really being about Sonny and Carly.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

I say leave Krissy in the cult. She's never made more sense or sounded more responsible. They really need to ratchet up the cultiness of these people because right now Kristina meditating and sounding like she's spent too much time at the Barnes and Noble self help section is not enough to illicit the side eyeing every time she says opens her mouth. I get that Sam is worried Kirstina doesn't know the housemates very well but she does know that young people Kristina's age frequently live together and share expenses, right? It's a lot easier and less diabolical than scamming old men out of their money.

32 minutes ago, Hater said:

I felt bad for the Hank actor trying to illicit emotion out of Billy today.  So bad.

It was pitiful. BM is such a bum. At least the actor playing Hank looked even better in comparison. Of all the never ending newbies we've gotten in the last few years, Hank is the first one to somewhat interest me right away. I'm not riveted but he has my attention. I think the actor is good and confident and he's already made Burton and Miller look inferior so that's a plus. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, sunnyface said:

Nothing like starting out the new year with the first scene showing the two lovebird felons giving the police commissioner lip when she asked them questions. 

The way KM plays disgust is just so overbearing since she almost always looks like she is in a bad mood.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

And again, instead of ceding story to a younger character, it's now gonna center on Jason and Sam.  It's like every Michael story really being about Sonny and Carly.

It’s weird that the show won’t transition away from those four as the leads. It’s not as if the ratings are good. TPTB have nothing to lose to change the shows players. It’s time. And it could result in a much-needed spotlight on the next generation that could actually help keep the shit on air for longer.

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, CharethCutestory said:

I get that Sam is worried

See, I don’t get Sam. Or Jason. Like, he’s a hired killer. Sam has no issues being around him or the mob. But Krissy’s in danger, you guys! Everything those characters do is constantly hypocritical and they just look ridiculous to me. Sam told Jason “don’t tell me she’s old enough to make her own decisions!” Um, okay, that’s JaSam’s motto. They can do whatever they want, but no one else can. Great characters!

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

How many fucking stories can they be shoehorned into????  

Let's see:

1. The ever-slow year-long Jasam reunion
  2. Mike's Alzheimer's disease
  3. Sonny bonding with the DA Marguax
  4. Ryan's Reign of Terror
  5. Oscar's cancer
  6. Drew's missing memories
  7. The Cult

Did I miss any?

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Let's see:

1. The ever-slow year-long Jasam reunion
  2. Mike's Alzheimer's disease
  3. Sonny bonding with the DA Marguax
  4. Ryan's Reign of Terror
  5. Oscar's cancer
  6. Drew's missing memories
  7. The Cult

Did I miss any?

You missed the Peter storyline.

Didn't both get involved with Mykill & Nelle as well at one point?

BWAHHHHHH

Remember when Lassie also rescued Anna with Robert?

Spoiler

There is a preview in the magazine that Lassie will show up in Anna's storyline again this year.

Edited by Hater
33 minutes ago, Hater said:

You missed the Peter storyline.

Didn't both get involved with Mykill & Nelle as well at one point?

BWAHHHHHH

Remember when Lassie also rescued Anna with Robert?

Reveal hidden contents

There is a preview in the magazine that Lassie will show up in Anna's storyline again this year.

Who's Lassie?