Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Laura (in her victory speech): I want safety in our town!

Reporter: ...so you'll be doing something about the mob, particularly the bloodshed it inevitably causes in February, May, and November?

Laura: ...uhhh...next question!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 18

I actually thoroughly enjoyed this episode. 

I'm glad they didn't demonize Ned and the remaining Quartermaines got to be very sweet together. I thought Monica telling Michael she wished he'd gotten a chance to know Gail was very sweet, and I'm glad her will seems to be a plot line (though I remain baffled as to what it can be.)

JL was really excellent today. Loved his excitement about the licenses, and the rage just below the surface. 

Still enjoying Shiloh. I'll never be keen Jasam 7.0, but he makes them more palatable. 

Another medical crisis for Anna? Sure! I'm down for it.

Edited by Ladybyrd
  • Love 2

Don't all people running for office wait for the results in a public place with their campaign staff? Why was Ned at home in his living room?

Is the mayor's wife a special person in the US? I live in a large city and I don't even know the name of my mayor's wife.

2 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I was rolling my eyes yesterday at Carly and Sam's "sure, Ned has done awesome things for PC since being mayor--the economy is great and we've rebuilt since the earthquake...but, eh, who needs that?  We want you, Laura, who has given us no agenda other than finding out who a random patient is at Ferncliffe."

To be fair, she did say that she wanted to open up the mayor's circle of contacts. But yeah, ,I'm ashamed to say that I was rooting for Ned to win because it's just so unearned for Laura. And because she's a Sonny propper.

JL is doing an awesome job. Why was he in the background for so long?

On 1/7/2019 at 11:23 PM, Cheyanne11 said:

Not to mention her first circle after Oscar was Jason "because he's your nephew."  Then Drew because "he's your brother."  OMFG, he's OSCAR'S FATHER, you pathetic Jason boot-licking inept PI.

Sam knows it's always about Jason. I bet Hank is either lying about Drew (after having written that stuff in his book) or deliberately drove over that IUD so that Jason's brother could save him.  It's like back to the original horrible James Franco time.

I know that this is TFGH and I shouldn't be surprised but if it weren't, I'd be believing that Hank/really is who he says he is and that Jason and Sam needs to be on anti-paranoia meds.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Don't all people running for office wait for the results in a public place with their campaign staff? Why was Ned at home in his living room?

No. I just read a biography of George HW Bush and someone had to wake him up to tell him he won an election (I don't remember which one for sure, but I think it was the Presidential).

6 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

To be fair, she did say that she wanted to open up the mayor's circle of contacts. But yeah, ,I'm ashamed to say that I was rooting for Ned to win because it's just so unearned for Laura. And because she's a Sonny propper.

But, she used to be the "first lady" of PC, so that gives her experience, right?  OK, maybe not. 

Following the obvious anvil of Anna telling Peter there was no rush followed by her collapse, does it then follow that Mac's telling Maxie he doesn't know what he would do without her ends in her murder?  I'm sure I'm wrong, but that's how it struck me.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

What exactly is Anna’s blood disorder?

Polycythemia vera: a rare type of blood cancer in which your body produces too many red blood cells. Red blood cells carry oxygen throughout your body.

• Love 2

Ryan's bitch face and slow clap after Laura's speech was a Goddamn delight. 

Ummmm, so Sam was using her amazing PI skills to "act" in that scene with Hank to con the conman. How'd I do, Jason?! Dude, you were the same breathless zombie you always are. TEAM HANK! 

• Love 19
36 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

Ummmm, so Sam was using her amazing PI skills to "act" in that scene with Hank to con the conman. How'd I do, Jason?! Dude, you were the same breathless zombie you always are. TEAM HANK! 

Idk how they even let the scenes go on like this, she never tries to do anything remotely different when she's "undercover"

• Love 4
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

deliberately drove over that IUD

LOL. You mean IED (improvised explosive device), not IUD (intrauterine device, a form of birth control).

4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Is the mayor's wife a special person in the US? I live in a large city and I don't even know the name of my mayor's wife.

I think it depends on the mayor's wife. Chirlane McCray, the wife of NYC mayor Bill de Blasio, has a portfolio of her own. Donna Hanover, Rudy Giuliani's wife when he was mayor, was less active, though she made the occasional public appearance.

On GH, it doesn't make sense for Olivia not to be active, even though the main thing she did was that hilarious tourist video.

• Love 1

I wonder how old that popcorn was that no one at the Qs ate it today. Hee.

Maxie's coat was great.

The camera angle they used on Alexis and Finn was really weird—their heads looked larger than normal.

19 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I know that this is TFGH and I shouldn't be surprised but if it weren't, I'd be believing that Hank/really is who he says he is and that Jason and Sam needs to be on anti-paranoia meds.

Ugh. I know. And I really hate that Sam is apparently the only one who can change.

The homeless thing was so condescending, and it's even worse viewed through the lens that Sam was trying to con Shiloh/Hank.

If Felicia was supposed to be hosting Laura's party with Mac, where was she?

Edited by dubbel zout
spacing issues
  • Love 4

I so wanted Shiloh to say to Sam, after she doubted he changed, "how do I know you changed?  Maybe you conned Jason into marrying you to get at his money," just to see if it would get an actual reaction out of her or if she's still look like she was fighting back a fart.

• Love 12
On 1/9/2019 at 8:21 PM, TVbitch said:

Cam is a star. He elevates everyone he is in a scene with. That was the most life I've seen out of BM in ages. Same for emo Oscar. Can they have him visit Sam?!?! They need to shift the focus of the show to Cam while they are lucky enough to have him, cuz he will totally Jonathon Jackson his way onto bigger things.  

And like Jackson, William Lipton is musical. He sings and plays bass and guitar.  YouTube has a lot of clips of the trio he fronts ("WJM").  The Cameron-starring Nurses' Ball 2019 number seems inevitable.

• Love 6
17 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I've been enjoying JL quite a bit; he's been great.  Now that the election stuff is out of the way, here's hoping that Laura get some agency since this is her story too.

2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

And like Jackson, William Lipton is musical. He sings and plays bass and guitar.  YouTube has a lot of clips of the trio he fronts ("WJM").  The Cameron-starring Nurses' Ball 2019 number seems inevitable

So I had to look at WL - he's pretty good.  This one just sitting on a pier, seems to be all natural with no retouches and perhaps recorded on a phone, is kind of nice.  He's got that teen pop singer thing going on with his voice. 

• Love 6
17 minutes ago, amaranta said:

here's hoping that Laura get some agency since this is her story too.

Hahahahahahah...oh, you're serious. The wimmins—especially those not named Carly—rarely get agency in any story involving them.

• Love 8

The way I amuse myself while watching GH is to carefully observe Ryan in his scenes and try to pinpoint the moment he starts thinking whether or not he should kill the person he's interacting with next. (Mac got the look, Anna got the look, or maybe it was Dr Michael Easton, Laura got it as well) JL is having a good time with this. 

( I legit got scared for Mac yesterday, I don't even want to imagine what Maxie will do if Mac gets killed. He's been on GH forever, was the former police commissioner, is definitely someone who could trip Ryan up because he doesn't remember some Kevin-related thing that Mac might bring up.. Seriously guys, the more I think about it, the more I worry about Mac's neck.)

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

Seriously guys, the more I think about it, the more I worry about Mac's neck.

I think Mac is safe mostly because JJY is recurring, and he doesn't cost Frank anything unless he's on the show. Killing off Mac does nothing for the bottom line. And as @ulkis pointed out in the speculation thread, Frank loves his recurring vets. He can trot them out and claim History! with no effort.

I think it was @TeeVee329 who had the idea for Ryan to hurt Mac—enough to worry everyone but not enough to kill him—and that brings about the beginning of the end for Ryan. But that would require some energy on the part of the writers, and we know they hate that.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, sacrebleu said:

The way I amuse myself while watching GH is to carefully observe Ryan in his scenes and try to pinpoint the moment he starts thinking whether or not he should kill the person he's interacting with next. (Mac got the look, Anna got the look, or maybe it was Dr Michael Easton, Laura got it as well) JL is having a good time with this. 

( I legit got scared for Mac yesterday, I don't even want to imagine what Maxie will do if Mac gets killed. He's been on GH forever, was the former police commissioner, is definitely someone who could trip Ryan up because he doesn't remember some Kevin-related thing that Mac might bring up.. Seriously guys, the more I think about it, the more I worry about Mac's neck.)

I thought they signaled a Mac death as well, but then he made the comment about losing Maxie.  And why would Ryan kill Mac?  Mac is clueless about Kevin's behavior being out of character, unlike Laura.  I thought that Ryan would immediately fix on a "young Felicia" like Maxie or even Lulu, so I'm not sure what to expect.  

• Love 1
18 hours ago, TVbitch said:

I am gonna have to make me a GIF of that. Sassy Ryan is best Ryan. Anyone here but me seen the clip where he's rambling to Sean and Mac about all his victims and he throws his hands behind his head and shouts "NEXT!" That was so damn funny when it shouldn't have been. 

• Love 3

Words cannot express how little I care about Griffin's loss of faith.  I mean, it's a classic soap story to tell with this character archetype, but given how shallowly the show has portrayed Griffin's connection to his faith, not to mention Griffin's moral superiority despite his own bad behavior, it's a non-starter.  Especially when it's so he can be counseled by fuckin' Sonny, AN UNREPENTANT MURDERER!

Sure, Dr. Michael Easton was correct that Dr. O has no leverage to get herself hired back at GH.  But his attitude still bugged me, just like it did with Britt.  You, sir, are a former drug addict who practiced medicine on drugs FOR YEARS and stole drugs from this very hospital, maybe dial back the high horse-iness just a smidge.

In any case, Dr. O working for the Cassadines slash blackmailing Valentin is a much better use of her time, if you ask me.

Cookie to the writer who had Nina note Sasha's resemblance to Britt!

Ryan dumping Franco was extremely sexy.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8

Funny how Finn didn't speak up and question if Griffin was mentally prepared for work until Anna became Griffin's patient. After that dismissive assessment of Griffin's skills, I delighted in Griffin yelling at Finn to stop badgering him with questions as if he wasn't also a medical professional. Finn's worry is totally understandable, but expecting answers after twenty minutes of testing is not feasible and he knows it.

We've now seen Sam, Carly, and Sonny reach out to Drew/Kim and offer condolences for Oscar's prognosis and offer any assistance possible...is Jason going to chime in anytime soon? This is his nephew dying, the one who thought highly enough of him to choose him as the executor of his will, and he's not around. I can't believe I'm actually asking for Jason's involvement in something, but I think he should show up here.

"Dammit, Franco! Just leave, all right? You're going to ruin everything!" Ava Jerome, giving voice to the feelings I've had about Franco since 2013. How I wish his driver's license could be a new addition to Ryan's goody box. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Linny said:

We've now seen Sam, Carly, and Sonny reach out to Drew/Kim and offer condolences for Oscar's prognosis and offer any assistance possible...is Jason going to chime in anytime soon? This is his nephew dying, the one who thought highly enough of him to choose him as the executor of his will, and he's not around. I can't believe I'm actually asking for Jason's involvement in something, but I think he should show up here.

He won't do anything for Drew or Oscar until someone gently (or forcefully) prods him that he should or Sam has to once again pressure him to be there for Monica.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Words cannot express how little I care about Griffin's loss of faith.  I mean, it's a classic soap story to tell with this character archetype, but given how shallowly the show has portrayed Griffin's connection to his faith, not to mention Griffin's moral superiority despite his own bad behavior, it's a non-starter.  Especially when it's so he can be counseled by fuckin' Sonny, AN UNREPENTANT MURDERER!

Seriously. Sonny as anyone's confessor is absurd, as is his use of religion only when he needs something.

If Kim is going to fall apart every time she delivers a healthy baby boy, she needs to take some time off. Anyway, as an OB/GYN, I'm sure she's had to deliver (heh) terrible news to parents even before Oscar got sick. This show never veers from the clichéd path.

Ava skulking around the docks was pretty funny. I loved her total confidence that the killer would automatically go after her. I also liked Franco telling her she wasn't a good target, hee.

27 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

In any case, Dr. O working for the Cassadines slash blackmailing Valentin is a much better use of her time, if you ask me.

Liesl should always be blackmailing Valentin. Kathleen Gati looked amazing.

The Anna/LWB/FS relationship is equally clichéd. Now that he realizes Anna is a person and he might lose her, LWB/FS suddenly realizes she's worth having a relationship with! Gah.

That was one gigantic necklace Michelle Stafford was wearing.

5 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

[Jason] won't do anything for Drew or Oscar until someone gently (or forcefully) prods him that he should or Sam has to once again pressure him to be there for Monica.

Even then, he'd likely say that they'll ask him for help if they need it. He doesn't want to pressure them, you know.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Seriously. Sonny as anyone's confessor is absurd, as is his use of religion only when he needs something.

If Kim is going to fall apart every time she delivers a healthy baby boy, she needs to take some time off. Anyway, as an OB/GYN, I'm sure she's had to deliver (heh) terrible news to parents even before Oscar got sick. This show never veers from the clichéd path.

Ava skulking around the docks was pretty funny. I loved her total confidence that the killer would automatically go after her. I also liked Franco telling her she wasn't a good target, hee.

27 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

The Anna/LWB/FS relationship is equally clichéd. Now that he realizes Anna is a person and he might lose her, LWB/FS suddenly realizes she's worth having a relationship with! Gah.

That was one gigantic necklace Michelle Stafford was wearing.

[Jason] won't do anything for Drew or Oscar until someone gently (or forcefully) prods him that he should or Sam has to once again pressure him to be there for Monica.

Even then, he'd likely say that they'll ask him for help if they need it. He doesn't want to pressure them, you know.

Just now, dubbel zout said:

I just want her to wring and wring and wring everything she can get out of Valentin and then immediately spill the beans to Nina in the most casual, off-the-cuff way.

And yes, KG is looking fly.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

He's so freakin' passive about everything that isn't shooting people for Sonny or intimidating people for Sonny. Was he always this way?

• Love 1

WHY HASN'T HE BEEN PUNISHED YET?!?! Sorry to get shouty, but this really annoys me. It's ridiculous the show treated it like wacky high jinks. It wasn't a boarding school election. That little turd committed a felony, and even though he's a minor, he needs some serious repercussions.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

WHY HASN'T HE BEEN PUNISHED YET?!?! Sorry to get shouty, but this really annoys me. It's ridiculous the show treated it like wacky high jinks. It wasn't a boarding school election. That little turd committed a felony, and even though he's a minor, he needs some serious repercussions.

Related note:

On a show where adults regularly commit murder, sexual assault, rape, kidnappings, steal children, etc., why is Cameron being held responsible for his actions of buying weed and punished accordingly by the courts?

• Love 8

That's why I was so irritated by the scenes last year of Carly lecturing Joss about taking responsibility for her shoplifting and being prodded to think she's an awesome parent.  Mam, aren't you a MOB MOLL?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
47 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

On a show where adults regularly commit murder, sexual assault, rape, kidnappings, steal children, etc., why is Cameron being held responsible for his actions of buying weed and punished accordingly by the courts?

Because he's not a Corinthos or Corinthii adjacent?  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

He's so freakin' passive about everything that isn't shooting people for Sonny or intimidating people for Sonny. Was he always this way?

Well he really, really took initiative about wanting to kill Dante for a while (first because Dante was a cop and then he blamed Dante for Michael's rape) but mean Sonny wouldn't let him.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Well he really, really took initiative about wanting to kill Dante for a while (first because Dante was a cop and then he blamed Dante for Michael's rape) but mean Sonny wouldn't let him.

I know the whole business about Sonny-shooting-Dante, but...Jason wanted to shoot Dante solely because he was a cop?

I know the whole business about Sonny-shooting-Dante, but...Jason wanted to shoot Dante solely because he was a cop?

Because he thought Dante would try to put Sonny in prison. Silly Jason.

There was some scene later on with Franco and then Jason pulled a gun on Dante and was basically like, I really want to kill you, but I won't, for Michael's sake. What a hero.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
On 1/10/2019 at 10:41 AM, YaddaYadda said:

So it took me a while to figure out why Lulu had dumped her son at the Qs yesterday, because I forgot that Olivia was his nonna and that she was married to Ned. The Q mansion has officially turned into a daycare center was my first thought. Count me in as someone else who was confused by the whole thing.

It is weird and confusing, especially when you realize that Lulu's mother-in-law Olivia  was involved/in love with with Johnny Z. after he and Lulu broke up, and that Ned used to be Lulu's stepbrother because of Luke's marriage to Tracy.  So, Ned has gone from being Lulu's stepbrother to stepfather-in-law.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

It is weird and confusing, especially when you realize that Lulu's mother-in-law Olivia  was involved/in love with with Johnny Z. after he and Lulu broke up, and that Ned used to be Lulu's stepbrother because of Luke's marriage to Tracy.  So, Ned has gone from being Lulu's stepbrother to stepfather-in-law.

There was a line from another soap that will fit on any soap:  This town is so incestuous.

• Love 3