Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

It continues to annoy me to no end that after a year away from PC, Laura rolled into town and threw her hat into the mayoral campaign and automatically had the main players tripping over themselves to support her candidacy, leaving Ned in the dust. Now even Olivia thinks it wouldn't be a bad thing if Ned lost. I like Laura, but damn. There's no need to skew things so thoroughly in her favor (including Spencer and his chicanery). 

Not sure if the Dante mentions are just a placeholder for now until the show decides to recast, or if it's meant to remind us that Lulu is lonely and unhappy and thus might seek connection with another man. What I am sure of is that Girl Reporter Lulu is an insufferable uppity twit. Don't act like you're a model of integrity and transparency for your readers when you're stealing police info without permission, girl. 

Sam and Carly talking about Oscar wasn't awful, though Sam's attempt at emoting sadness was...truly something. Watch that scene with no sound, you might think she's worrying about where she left her keys, not her daughter's older brother DYING. Anyway, Sam and Carly hanging out was just an excuse for Carly to later act smug about Sam leaving to see Jason. JaSam being yet another feather in Carly's cap is high on the reasons I hate them.

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Was Carly being especially smug on purpose or was that just her face when she told Sam to tell Jason hello as Sam was leaving?

Oh but did you see the look of absolute excitement on Sam's face at the prospect of seeing her true wuv?

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Oh, yes, I was wondering if that was Sam or KeMo. Lol

She always either looks glum or shocked that Jason is said in her presence or people think they are together (why would she be shocked considering she spends 90% of her scenes with him, no clue).

But yes, stellar expressions all the time from KeMo!

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 4.03.46 PM.png

Edited by Hater
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, Linny said:

There's no need to skew things so thoroughly in her [Laura's] favor (including Spencer and his chicanery).

Yeah, I like Laura, but her being trumpeted as the righteous choice given this election is only happening because of the ELECTION FRAUD her grandson committed that was covered up BY THE TOWN MOB BOSS really sticks in my craw.  Poor Ned.

• Love 8
On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:30 PM, CharethCutestory said:

I'm not one for plot lines to linger on forever with no logical pacing or conclusion (see: Mike, the Baby swap, Ryan, just to name a few) but did Sam and Jason seriously sit down with a laptop and a copy of Shilo's version of Dianetics and figure out all the tentacles of this thing, complete with doodle, in twenty minutes? Seriously? I mean I know Google is a handy tool but, come on. I'm the last one to sign up for Jasam hijinks since I loathe the sight of them, but they couldn't have them go a few places first, follow some clues, ask some more people questions before landing on 10 revelations at once? Shiloh was just revealed all of two days ago. Soaps aren't the gig they used to be, but there has to be thousands of struggling writers out there that would be grateful to cobble together a better show than what we have now.

And of course Sam is at the center of this. I can't wait to watch her whisper and zombie act through even more scenes! There was the big revelation that this guy is the son of one of your first "marks" and it was like Jason told her they were out of milk. I caaaaaaan't. 

I rag on BM all the time because he's always such a pill in every scene but when Terry told them that Oscar's treatment didn't take I think he did a good job. The rest of the episode not so much but I thought he looked appropriately bewildered and devastated by the news. Eden was also on point when they told Oscar in the hospital room. Her expressions said it all. 

Who is Eden?

19 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:
44 minutes ago, Linny said:

There's no need to skew things so thoroughly in her [Laura's] favor (including Spencer and his chicanery).

Yeah, I like Laura, but her being trumpeted as the righteous choice given this election is only happening because of the ELECTION FRAUD her grandson committed that was covered up BY THE TOWN MOB BOSS really sticks in my craw.  Poor Ned.

Not to mention, her entire campaign was about Ferncliffe, which ISN'T EVEN SOMETHING IN PC'S JURISDICTION.  

17 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Who is Eden?

The actress who plays Joss.

• Love 2

It must be nice being Billy Miller showing up 10 minutes before an episode ends and earning a paycheck for a day's work.

His stuff was good today.  Cameron would fit more as Drew's son than Oscar.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 8

I know I'm a day late to this but...Oscar's tumor.  Didn't they say it's 9cm in diameter?  Shouldn't it be causing problems for him by now?  Headaches, dizziness, confusion, personality changes, problems with his vision, whatever else a brain tumor could cause? Because 9cm is pretty big. Or did they say 9mm - in which case, I wouldn't think he could die in the "possibly weeks" that Drew mentioned. 

I wish I cared more about this story. But I just don't.  We have a teenager dying of a brain tumor, an elderly man dying of Alzheimer's, a serial killer roaming around - whatever happened to "love in the afternoon"?  This is a big pile of depressing.

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

I know I'm a day late to this but...Oscar's tumor.  Didn't they say it's 9cm in diameter?  Shouldn't it be causing problems for him by now?  Headaches, dizziness, confusion, personality changes, problems with his vision, whatever else a brain tumor could cause? Because 9cm is pretty big. Or did they say 9mm - in which case, I wouldn't think he could die in the "possibly weeks" that Drew mentioned. 

I wish I cared more about this story. But I just don't.  We have a teenager dying of a brain tumor, an elderly man dying of Alzheimer's, a serial killer roaming around - whatever happened to "love in the afternoon"?  This is a big pile of depressing.

Oscar hasn't had one symptom outside of a headache and one seizure and he's had this tumor on screen hidden or not for over a year.  This show doesn't even try.  They don't even make Oscar look tired by adding some black circles under his eyes. Nothing. He just mopes and acts dopey. 

• Love 9

I don’t think I’ve ever seen an actress/actor on any show that is as uninteresting, bland, expressionless, monotone or boring as KM. I really cannot believe she’s still employed.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen an actress/actor on any show that is as uninteresting, bland, expressionless, monotone or boring as KM. I really cannot believe she’s still employed.

I have, but as you say, they've been fired.

While she's not my cup of tea, she's a good actress. I think she needs a solid 6 month break, maybe even just 3 would give her a jolt.

She's hardly the only one of course.

• Love 3

She was terrible for 2018 and it's continuing into 2019.  She was ok yesterday I guess with showing some emotion over dopey Oscar and when she raised her voice at Kristina last week.  But that's all I can pull from her scenes so far.  Nothing's going.

Edited by Hater

At least Sean and Tiffany are still married.

Mac is gonna make a biiiiiiig screwup tomorrow. 

I actually am loving the show here lately. I'm in the minority. Don't care. 

Reminds me a lot of 90s GH. Which, was doom and gloom central. 

Edited by Ryan Chamberlain
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Hater said:

Oscar hasn't had one symptom outside of a headache and one seizure and he's had this tumor on screen hidden or not for over a year.

To be fair, Oscar also fainted once, but that might have just been the vapors. fainting-smiley.gif

Cam is a star. He elevates everyone he is in a scene with. That was the most life I've seen out of BM in ages. Same for emo Oscar. Can they have him visit Sam?!?! They need to shift the focus of the show to Cam while they are lucky enough to have him, cuz he will totally Jonathon Jackson his way onto bigger things.  

• Love 16
23 minutes ago, TVbitch said:

To be fair, Oscar also fainted once, but that might have just been the vapors. fainting-smiley.gif

Cam is a star. He elevates everyone he is in a scene with. That was the most life I've seen out of BM in ages. Same for emo Oscar. Can they have him visit Sam?!?! They need to shift the focus of the show to Cam while they are lucky enough to have him, cuz he will totally Jonathon Jackson his way onto bigger things.  

He's a good actor, makes Garren look extra terrible.  They've set Cameron up pretty well I think once Oscar croaks (hopefully).

But I think BM has been better the past three days on his own, he's putting more effort in than usual. I have to imagine how sad it is for Scam that she tossed Drew aside overnight for a man who looks older than her dad and who can't dress himself.  The contrast with Drew showing up in court today to Jason is just laughable.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Ladybyrd said:

Way to drop Sean Donely's name, only to give him off screen dementia? Rude, show. So rude. 

Yeah, that was weird, given the Mike story.  And Sean still could have referred them to the local Mac without that bit.  And then I wondered if possibly the actor was suffering from dementia, but that would also be weird, like, you gave a shout-out to the actor's RL sad medical condition?

I couldn't help daydreaming for a second that, in their stead, Sean and Tiffany would send their daughter Anna Donely to town, but oh wells.

Relatedly, enough time has passed...this new Jordan's gots to go.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

The opener shows the same people every day, just in a different order. (Not that anyone was saying otherwise.)

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

ELECTION FRAUD her grandson committed

Why hasn't the PCPD/FBI/any law enforcement agency done more to look into this? That little turd needs to be punished, hard.

LOL that Lulu is "raising the kids on [her] own." Her daughter spends half her time with her father, and her son spends his days with his grandmother. I doubt Lulu has both of them at the same time for any extended period. 

Laura's tongue-bath of Sonny was deeply unnecessary. Sonny is Spencer's favorite uncle? Isn't he the only uncle Spencer has?

Way to drop Sean Donnely's name, only to give him off screen dementia? Rude, show. So rude. 

Seriously. Sean couldn't just be unfindable? Not every oldz has to get dementia/Alzheimer's.

I cracked up every time someone else wanted to speak at Cam's hearing. The judge being a hard-ass is so dumb. Cam wasn't in possession of pot, and I don't think any money changed hands. And drug counseling? Seriously?

• Love 5

Way to drop Sean Donely's name, only to give him off screen dementia? Rude, show. So rude. 

Yeah, that was weird, given the Mike story.  And Sean still could have referred them to the local Mac without that bit.  And then I wonder if possibly the actor was suffering from dementia, but that would also be weird, like, you gave a shout-out to the actor's RL sad medical condition?

I couldn't help daydreaming for a second that, in their stead, Sean and Tiffany would send their daughter Anna Donely to town, but oh wells.

The opener shows the same people every day, just in a different order. (Not that anyone was saying otherwise.)

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

ELECTION FRAUD her grandson committed

Why hasn't the PCPD/FBI/any law enforcement agency done more to look into this? That little turd needs to be punished, hard.

LOL that Lulu is "raising the kids on [her] own." Her daughter spends half her time with her father, and her son spends his days with his grandmother. I doubt Lulu has both of them at the same time for any extended period. 

Laura's tongue-bath of Sonny was deeply unnecessary. Sonny is Spencer's favorite uncle? Isn't he the only uncle Spencer has?

Way to drop Sean Donnely's name, only to give him off screen dementia? Rude, show. So rude. 

Seriously. Sean couldn't just be unfindable? Not every oldz has to get dementia/Alzheimer's.

I cracked up every time someone else wanted to speak at Cam's hearing. The judge being a hard-ass is so dumb. Cam wasn't in possession of pot, and I don't think any money changed hands. And drug counseling? Seriously?

Yeah, that was weird, given the Mike story.  And Sean still could have referred them to the local Mac without that bit.  And then I wonder if possibly the actor was suffering from dementia, but that would also be weird, like, you gave a shout-out to the actor's RL sad medical condition?

Just now, dubbel zout said:

There's Uncle Lucky.  You know, Laura's own fucking son.  #ugh

• Love 12
12 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Another reason Laura is totally incompetent to be mayor: she's right up Sonny's ass and proud of it.

The shit eating grin on Mo's face in that scene today...<vomits>

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:
46 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Who?

*sob*

• Love 4
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

And Dante is his uncle by marriage (and his cousin lol).

I remember scenes of Lucky rebuking Nik about his parenting of Spencer way before Sonny took note of Spencer at all. 

It annoyed me when Sonny told Lulu not to be afraid to kick Dante's butt. Yeah, maybe Lulu should give him a little love bullet to keep him in line.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Hater said:

She always either looks glum or shocked that Jason is said in her presence or people think they are together (why would she be shocked considering she spends 90% of her scenes with him, no clue).

But yes, stellar expressions all the time from KeMo!

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 4.03.46 PM.png

Could this be Botox? She just can't move her face anymore??

4 hours ago, Gam2 said:

She's awful. I don't understand how she gets away with looking repulsed when in 5 feet of "Jason". Someone yell... retake!

Cam is great! (All of Liz's kids seem to be better than average kid actors)

bonus. Frodent was basically scenery during these courthouse scenes. 

• Love 2

Genie Francis is so pretty. She lights up the screen. It’s too bad she was lighting it with Maurice Bernard. Ugh! I’m kind of bored with the election stuff. I’m not in to it in real life and I don’t care for it on my soap. 

I just got back from the hospital. I had gotten whiplash after viewing the new opening credits. The doctor says I should be okay though. Don’t worry about me FV.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

Genie Francis is so pretty. She lights up the screen. It’s too bad she was lighting it with Maurice Bernard. Ugh! I’m kind of bored with the election stuff. I’m not in to it in real life and I don’t care for it on my soap. 

I just got back from the hospital. I had gotten whiplash after viewing the new opening credits. The doctor says I should be okay though. Don’t worry about me FV.

I hate to put this out there, but she wa setting off chemistry with Sonny in that scene. What’s that all about?  

• Love 1
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

and her son spends his days with his grandmother.

Ah Olivia, I get it now.  I spent forever trying to figure out why Rocco would be at the Q mansion when Lulu said that.  I mean, I get that the mansion is now PC daycare centre, what with Scout and Danny basically living there, but for the life of me I couldn't figure out Rocco's reason.  But Olivia's his grandmother and she lives at the mansion with Ned.  Thank you.  

Edited by Perkie
  • Love 3

So it took me a while to figure out why Lulu had dumped her son at the Qs yesterday, because I forgot that Olivia was his nonna and that she was married to Ned. The Q mansion has officially turned into a daycare center was my first thought. Count me in as someone else who was confused by the whole thing.

I think they're getting ready to bring in a recast Dante. 

For the love of all that is sacred, someone should tell LW to stop giggling in her scenes. It is unnatural!!!

• Love 2
13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

On the off chance anyone gives a crap, here's what we have so far.     

Mon.                Tue.           Wed.

1. Sonny          Carly          Laura
  2. Alexis           Sonny        Curtis
  3. Julian           Alexis        Sam
  4. Ava              Franco       Sonny
  5. Kristina        Elizabeth   Elizabeth
  6. Michael       Drew          Franco
  7. Carly            Kim            Lulu
  8. Griffin          Oscar         Mac
  9. Josslyn         Sam           Olivia
  10. Oscar           Cameron    Ned
  11. Drew            Josslyn       Jordan
  12. Kim              Michael      Drew
  13. Chase          Maxie         Alexis
  14. Curtis          Mike           Cameron
  15. Jordan        Nina            Carly
  16. Terry           Peter           Finn
  17. Valentin     Stella           Margaux
  18. Laura         Scotty          Griffin
  19. Kevin         Margaux      Anna
  20. Nina          Ned             Chase
  21. Scotty       Terry            Kim
  22. Peter         Kevin           Oscar
  23. Sam          Kristina        Willow
  24. Jason        Jason           Jason

Ugh, Patient 6 holding the last spot three days in a row.                         

• Love 1

Ugh...I don't hate Sonny and actually sometimes kind of love him but the tounge bath his ass got from Laura yesterday is the exact same shit always made me resent him . Its phony baseless propping that Sonny has always depended on. Sonny is best when shown being a sweet caring dad like with Kristina sometimes or caring after Mike or kinda/sort saying he's sorry to Margaux in the graveyard..there it's character based, its shown, not told and Mo works the hell out of those scenes. Baseless kiss ups from the Pure and Sweet Fairy godmother of GH just to give the mobster a seal of approval just make him less likeable. But his zombie-d out lovers eat that shit up with a spoon. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, backbiter said:

On the off chance anyone gives a crap, here's what we have so far.     

Mon.                Tue.           Wed.

1. Sonny          Carly          Laura
  2. Alexis           Sonny        Curtis
  3. Julian           Alexis        Sam
  4. Ava              Franco       Sonny
  5. Kristina        Elizabeth   Elizabeth
  6. Michael       Drew          Franco
  7. Carly            Kim            Lulu
  8. Griffin          Oscar         Mac
  9. Josslyn         Sam           Olivia
  10. Oscar           Cameron    Ned
  11. Drew            Josslyn       Jordan
  12. Kim              Michael      Drew
  13. Chase          Maxie         Alexis
  14. Curtis          Mike           Cameron
  15. Jordan        Nina            Carly
  16. Terry           Peter           [Dr. Michael Easton]
  17. Valentin     Stella           Margaux
  18. Laura         Scotty          Griffin
  19. Kevin         Margaux      Anna
  20. Nina          Ned             Chase
  21. Scotty       Terry            Kim
  22. [LWB/FS]       Kevin           Oscar
  23. Sam          Kristina        Willow
  24. Jason        Jason           Jason

Ugh, Patient 6 holding the last spot three days in a row.                         

So as far as recurring players - if some are in, they should all be - no Lucas (who?), no Brad (who?), no Monica, no Bobbie, no Lucy, no Felicia, no TJ, no Molly.

Also no Sasha.  What is the deal with her and Willow, are those actresses recurring or on contract?

Edited by TeeVee329

Is there supposed to be some big suspense as to who is going to win the election?  It's clearly going to be Laura and I think the fact that they have everyone in town losing it over how great Laura is and no one on Ned's side shows just how clueless the writers are.  Can they not drum up some characters or even random extras to say that they like Ned? Way to be completely transparent, GH.  Heck, at this point,if we get shocked and Ned does win, you can expect it to later come out that there was voter fraud or something else that had him win (all while Spencer's tampering is forgotten).

• Love 1

Somewhat relatedly, I was thinking the other day I hate the current state of Ned and Alexis' relationship.  I really use to enjoy their friendship, that they still had a nice bond with each other after all these years, but the show systematically destroyed it over the past few years with Julian and Olivia and then having them compete in the mayoral race.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
47 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Is there supposed to be some big suspense as to who is going to win the election?  It's clearly going to be Laura and I think the fact that they have everyone in town losing it over how great Laura is and no one on Ned's side shows just how clueless the writers are. 

I was rolling my eyes yesterday at Carly and Sam's "sure, Ned has done awesome things for PC since being mayor--the economy is great and we've rebuilt since the earthquake...but, eh, who needs that?  We want you, Laura, who has given us no agenda other than finding out who a random patient is at Ferncliffe."

GMAFB, show.

• Love 15

Today's version of the horrible new credits started with Maxie immediately followed by LWB/FS (which I suspect is why Maxie got to be first, UGH!), Sonny and Carly were like fifth and seventh, and Jason still at the end.  Also, Monica managed to slip in there.

I wonder how Maurice Bernard feels about his credit spot rotating while Steve Burton is always in the same spot...

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2

Of course you want to know about Alex, LWB/FS, she's your real mooottthhhher! #fingerscrossed

Laura won, whoever could have gueszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.  At least the writers allowed dialogue that it was close, Ned did a lot of good, etc.

Can we just skip to Gail's will reading, it's like the only thing I care about.

• Love 3

I wonder how Maurice Bernard feels about his credit spot rotating while Steve Burton is always in the same spot...

yeah-- isn't that what they used to do with Tony Geary? he was always the last shot... 

It kind of cracks me up that Cam might start working at Drew's media conglomerate. I guess that means he'll be running it in three years. (if he follows the Michael career trajectory)

Ok, do we know what' s wrong with Anna and did it have anythign to do with her and Finn running into Ryan?

At least MIchael and Monica showed up today to support Ned, though I wish there had been a mention that Tracy and Brooklyn had spoken to Ned and offered their thoughts.  

• Love 2

Was it weird to anyone else that Laura thanks Mac and Felicia for the post election get together, and yet Felicia was nowhere to be found.  Instead some random people were front and center, including some woman who was standing clsoer to Laura then Lulu was.  

• Love 5