Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

[  ] Kevin (or Ryan, it looks like) being marched into Sonny's house by Jason and basically threatened re: springing Carly.

That was so dumb. It's entirely Carly's fault that she's at Ferncliffe, and escaping didn't exactly help her case. Gah. I really hope it's Ryan and he somehow tortures Sonny. (A fruitless hope, but I have to do it.)

LW doesn't play doped up that well, I hate to say. Carly looks like she's sarcastically rolling her eyes or too bored to pay attention. LOL.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

That was so dumb. It's entirely Carly's fault that she's at Ferncliffe, and escaping didn't exactly help her case. Gah.

And maybe if she hadn't been a snarling "Do you know who I am, I'm Mrs. Sonny Corinthos!" nightmare to Mary Pat from minute one, she wouldn't have decided to go out of her way to mess with Carly. #teammarypat

• Love 4

I really want Franco to be the one who gets Carly out of Ferncliffe just so Jason and Sonny have to choke on it. 

And LOL that Jason is the one working frantically to get Carly out, where Sonny just goes around town ineffectively and vaguely threatening people who can't do anything anyway.

Considering the Who?s wanted to name the baby Cher (even if it is short for Cheryl), I can't scream in horror at Wiley ("because we had to wait awhile" is dumb, but whatever). And TBH, I like how Wiley Cooper Jones. Of course the boy should be named Tony, but at least Wiley has no connection whatsoever to Jason or Sonny.

I was surprised the baby was a boy, but if it is going to be switched with Michael's baby, of course it's a boy. There's no way Michael would have a girlchild.

Why does Nelle have to be chauffeured around everywhere? FFS, my mom drove herself to the hospital when she was in labor with my younger brother.

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

He walked away when she was talking about Franco but he checked out as soon as she mentioned Drew. He couldn't say anything nice about Drew, just that Jake makes it easy. Which he did, because Jason was a silent lump when Drew showed up.

Jason acts like Drew is his enemy and robbed him of his life when really Jason had the charmed childhood while Drew was in a foundling home. And Jason was the reason both of them were kidnapped by Faison and Drew lost the memories of his real life and his chance to raise his son.  And now Jason has everything back again while Drew is trying to find his place. So once again, Jason Wins All.

Jason is an overgrown man baby. "Jake makes it easy." How about I'm grateful Jake (and everyone else in his life for that matter) had a me stand in that cared so deeply and treated him so well. His Franco aversion fine, whatever. Jason's a huge hypocrite but I'll accept him being squishy over that one. But Drew is only a victim in all of this. You said it though, Jason has to win, even when "winning" isn't necessary. Every male (minus Michael) must be made less in some way to Sason by creating some point of contention, big or small, so we side with the mobsters. It's not working. 

• Love 9

I haven't watched for around a month, (or since Dante left so maybe it has only been a couple weeks?)  Anyways thanks the fantastic writing/dialogue between Nelle and new-cop-guy, it doesn't matter...they rehashed in detail their whole stupid plan, haha.

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

Jason acts like Drew is his enemy and robbed him of his life when really Jason had the charmed childhood while Drew was in a foundling home. Jason was the reason both of them were kidnapped by Faison and Drew lost the memories of his real life and his chance to raise his son.  And now Jason has everything back again while Drew is trying to find his place.

No.  Jason has done a ton of shitty things but he's not responsible for anything that has happened to Drew.

Drew grew up in a foundling home because Heather kidnapped him and sold him to Betty and because Betty realized that Franco was a burgeoning sociopath. 

Drew didn't raise his son because Kim didn't tell him about the kid

Drew was kidnapped because Faison is a criminal psycho. That is on Faison. If he'd kidnapped Alex because of his obsession with Anna that would also be on Faison - not Anna

Drew just started trying to find his place a year after he learned his identity.

• Love 1

They named this child “Wylie” because they had to wait “a while” for him? Who the hell writes this absolute crap?! Please tell me that I misunderstood what Brad was saying to Julian and what’s her face.

• Love 6

Wait! After more then nine months of a baby storyline off camera Ryan Carne’s isn’t there for the baby’s arrival? WTF? Was he not available? Utterly ridiculous. 

• Love 11
9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I KNOW. That omission was so glaring I needed sunglasses. And even it they didn't tie it into the stupid Croton corpse bullshit, maybe Jason would be interested nonetheless to hear how his son's life was saved?

As always with this fakakta show, the emphasis is on the wrong syllable.

I thought Danny survived because he is so much like Jason that he would just not die. Isn't that what Sam said? 

• Love 1

So with Wylie being born and taken home by his father, I actually believe that we will be spared the big baby switch of 2018. 

Baby James is at least two months old

Baby Corinthos has not been born yet, and I am calling it now, it will be a girl. 

4 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Considering the Who?s wanted to name the baby Cher (even if it is short for Cheryl), I can't scream in horror at Wiley ("because we had to wait awhile" is dumb, but whatever). And TBH, I like how Wiley Cooper Jones. Of course the boy should be named Tony, but at least Wiley has no connection whatsoever to Jason or Sonny.

Ugh I hated that.  "They thought about name the baby Cher because they're gay, GEDDIT!".  And like I said earlier, it's annoying that, with the girl name, they thought about honoring one of Lucas' deceased parents, but that idea never entered into their mind for the boy name.  Poor Tony.

Also, where is Bobbie?  They found out the mother was in labor "yesterday", Bobbie would have been told and she would have been staking out the hospital so she could get the first grandparent cuddle and she certainly wouldn't have let Julian get in there first. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, LexieLily said:

when Brad gets to meet him for the first time and the emphasis placed on Julian

I still think there's a baby switch coming.  And Julian does it.  The birth mom's lawyer shows up, Julian is babysitting due to some emergency, says the mom wants the kid back, and Julian is forced to hand him over.  Nelle's kid is born, Julian steals him and gives him to Brad, without Brucas knowing a thing.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Burton is always good for is uncomfortable reactions to the news of relationships Jason didn't know about.

I did think his acting choices were funny, and it seems like that’s what the writers wanted: for it to be a “funny” revelation. But when you think about it, Sam is telling him that this man helped her with Danny’s cancer (he didn’t, but I’ll bite for the sake of this argument) and THAT is Jason’s reaction? Shouldn’t he be grateful that someone was there to help Sam and their son? Shouldn’t that have been a more emotional scene? And if the show didn’t want it to be that, why wouldn’t you then reference the fact that the reason Robin was gone was because she believed she was saving his life? Wouldn’t Jason naturally be like, wtf, how could you do that knowing that this woman left her husband to save me? Oops, I forgot this isn’t a soap opera.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

I still think there's a baby switch coming.  And Julian does it.  The birth mom's lawyer shows up, Julian is babysitting due to some emergency, says the mom wants the kid back, and Julian is forced to hand him over.  Nelle's kid is born, Julian steals him and gives him to Brad, without Brucas knowing a thing.

They are new parents who will be spending as much time with their new baby. There is no way that they wouldn't notice that their baby now looks different. Babies do not look the same especially when it was one that you have been wishing for a year.

Since we never found out the names of Brad's parents, I think Robert Anthony Cooper-Jones would been great.

(edited)

I'm actually kind of enjoying the snake pit scenario, but I have to wave goodbye to any semblance of reality. Even if Carly were overmedicated, I'm having a hard time thinking of any unnecessary medication she would be given that would cause hallucinations. And her offscreen escape from Ferncliff was pretty laughable. Even some nursing homes for people who can barely move around are almost impossible to get out of, with all the different numerical codes to be punched in for different doors, and then an outer-lobby door that only opens in either direction when someone at a desk is holding down a button. I have to imagine a maximum-security mental hospital would be even tougher. So they were wise to just cut from her injecting Mary Pat to her showing up at the Metro Court in the time-honored PC wormhole fashion. If it truly were as easy as Carly made it look, Port Charles would be overrun with dangerous psychopaths. Oh, wait.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, nilyank said:

So with Wylie being born and taken home by his father, I actually believe that we will be spared the big baby switch of 2018. 

Baby James is at least two months old

Baby Corinthos has not been born yet, and I am calling it now, it will be a girl. 

It might be interesting to see if Michael is a better father to girls than his old man.  

This fakakta show.  Are we supposed to like the scene with Sonny threatening Kevin?  I like Kevin.  He is a nice guy with good ethics and morals who actually contributes positively to society.  Contrast that to Sonny whose solution to any problem is to kill someone.  

I swear, the writers and I are rarely on the same page.  I rarely ever root for Sonny.  I don't care about this Crotin thing and think that Sonny and Jason are complete scumbags for wanting to kill Julian for daring to expand his business. I get that Julian was in the mob, too, but he isn't now.  He's trying to go straight and just make a life for him.  I can't cheer on Sonny in this situation.  I don't like Nelle or Carly or really Michael so I hate this storyline.  I did like Chase but now he is tangled up with these assholes.  I actually do like Ava but can't stand that she lets Griffin walk all over her.  Whenever she isn't around Griffin, she is a strong woman.  He comes around and she lets him berate her at every turn.  If that was part of the storyline, that would be fine.  If it was a storyline about her realizing she is too strong to let a man treat her that way, great.  Instead, we are supposed to think he is in the right for making her feel like crap daily.  I don't actually mind Franco but I get annoyed when they make him into a manchild which seems to be happening more often.  I also find his relationship with Liz to be gross, but can't really put my finger on why. And, for the love of GH, why is Kristina coming back?

• Love 4

What's up with all the male babies born lately

Noah i know he's offscreen  but he's talked about when robin Vists

James

Wiley

I have a hard time believing nelle will have a girl but I could be wrong.

• Love 2

They named this child “Wylie” because they had to wait “a while” for him? Who the hell writes this absolute crap?! Please tell me that I misunderstood what Brad was saying to Julian and what’s her face.

if that's the case, wouldn't Offscreen Plot-pointy Cooper Jones be more appropriate?

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Allthesnark said:

First to say: Robert mother-fucking Scorpio is back !!!!!

If anything, all Robert does is prove how dumb Port Charles and Anna's supposed boyfriend is, considering it took him exactly two point four seconds and one phone call to his daughter to figure out that Anna was kidnapped. Finn never thought, in a month plus, to call Robin?

• Love 8
14 minutes ago, Allthesnark said:

First to say: Robert mother-fucking Scorpio is back !!!!!

And looking mighty fine, as usual. Rowr.

I had to laugh when Jordan asked Sonny if he was comfortable and Sonny couldn't just thank her. No, he has to whine about Michael being unsafe and Carly being locked up. WHO'S FAULT IS THAT?!?!?! But then Jordan made the wise choice to just get out of her own office and let Chase deal with the giant pouting manbaby that is Sonny Corinthos.

Yay for Chase for telling Sonny to trust his son. Both Sonny and Carly keep saying Michael is the smartest person they know or whatever nonsense it is, yet Michael tries to be the tiniest bit independent and suddenly he's unable to function without them. Also, the car isn't actually rigged with a bomb, so there's no reason to worry about that.

So do we know for sure that was Dr. Lazarus? Who is obviously not Kevin or Ryan, unless someone is wearing a mask. 

"Your child is alive. Mine is dead." Uh, Liesl, Robin isn't alive because of you, so maybe don't play that card too heavily.

• Love 4

I thought this was a pretty good Friday episode, except for the Peter stuff.  He's just annoying to me.

Who didn't see a car crash coming?  But Michael, the "smart" one, doesn't pull over when she says she'll tell him everything if he pulls over?  Why keep driving when he knew the recording was catching everything?

Not a Jason fan, but I sort of liked him pushing his way into the hospital and shanghaiing Franco into helping him.  They were almost cute together.  I hate myself now...

• Love 1

ROBERT!! Pleased as I am to see him, it's ludicrous that he had to be the one to contact Robin and figure out that Anna's MIA. Finn should have done that weeks ago, especially since the show stressed that he participated in group texts with Robin and Emma.

Really enjoyed Maxie's talk with Liesl. It wasn't a finger-wagging "you did wrong" speech of disapproval, just a bare-bones statement that Liesl's actions were most detrimental to herself, and she needs to own up to that. It's appropriate for Maxie to recognize Liesl's crimes but still offer her compassion and love, since she's acting in Nathan's stead.

Of course this dose of Franco in Ferncliff (and again, he's not needed there; Carly hates him and he's not at all involved with Nelle) resulted in him whining YET AGAIN about his brain tumor and Jason not liking him. Fuck off, dude. The brain tumor defense worked legally but it's not an ethical band-aid for all the harm Franco caused, and Jason is under no obligation to forgive him. I'd find Franco 50% less annoying if he wasn't constantly seeking validation for how wonderful he is post-tumor.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, nilyank said:

There is no way that they wouldn't notice that their baby now looks different.

Well, considering Lucas hasn't even seen him, and if the switch were to occur in the next couple of days (long enough for Nelle's kid to be born), they might not notice. 

(edited)
19 minutes ago, Linny said:

Really enjoyed Maxie's talk with Liesl. It wasn't a finger-wagging "you did wrong" speech of disapproval, just a bare-bones statement that Liesl's actions were most detrimental to herself, and she needs to own up to that. It's appropriate for Maxie to recognize Liesl's crimes but still offer her compassion and love, since she's acting in Nathan's stead.

Compassion, maybe, but I think love is a bit much. She and Maxie should not be friendly, especially now Nathan is dead.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

When Finn was telling Robert that Peter had inhaled a near fatal level of smoke and Robert looked skeptical, I desperately wish Peter had coughed. Instead we have another pouty manbaby. Where is Cher to slap people and tell them to snap out of it when we need her?

3 minutes ago, Linny said:

Same here. I think Maxie might have gotten through to Liesl, not that it would stop her the next time she wants revenge.

4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Is it appropriate to offer Obrecht compassion and love? She's a murderous maniac.

Maxie hasn't forgotten what Obrecht is, but she's looking at her right now as a grieving mother and the grandmother of her (Maxie's) son. I like that the show is allowing Maxie to hold contradicting ideas here.

Side note: Kathleen Gati looks amazing without makeup.

19 minutes ago, AuxArx said:

Who didn't see a car crash coming?  But Michael, the "smart" one, doesn't pull over when she says she'll tell him everything if he pulls over?  Why keep driving when he knew the recording was catching everything?

Why didn't Nelle throw herself out of the car? She was stupid enough to confess everything, she may as well. Ugh, another story that ends with a gigantic whimper.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

Maxie hasn't forgotten what Obrecht is, but she's looking at her right now as a grieving mother and the grandmother of her (Maxie's) son. I like that the show is allowing Maxie to hold contradicting ideas here.

I guess I just have trouble taking that character seriously. She's a cartoon imo and connecting her and Nathan made no sense.

• Love 5
(edited)
8 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I guess I just have trouble taking that character seriously. She's a cartoon imo and connecting her and Nathan made no sense.

Everything about her makes no sense. She’s still around bc of Frank’s unwillingness to let go of the actress, who is extremely overrated and plays the character way OTT and cartoonish, as you already said.

Edited by HeatLifer
  • Love 7

Finn didn't speak to Anna at all for a whole month?  That's some great love they have going there.

Ironic that Liesl is the criminally insane one but she's going to Pentoniville while Carly is in Ferncliffe. Maybe Britt can spend some time with her mother.

I was hoping that Jason would be too late and Carly would get shocked.  Maybe it could finally give her some compassion but I doubt it.

At first I was thinking that it's the writing but now I'm convinced that Chad Duell is just a bad actor.  I had zero sympathy for Michael when he told Nelle "You took everything away from me". No, Michael, you still have your Quartermaine family, your uncle, your stepfather, your sisters, and your job. The only thing you don't have is your mother and that's her fault for being an entitled sociopath.

10 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

And her offscreen escape from Ferncliff was pretty laughable. Even some nursing homes for people who can barely move around are almost impossible to get out of, with all the different numerical codes to be punched in for different doors, and then an outer-lobby door that only opens in either direction when someone at a desk is holding down a button. I have to imagine a maximum-security mental hospital would be even tougher.

I have been in the psych wards of regular hospitals and you have to be keyed in and out. A forensic unit should be next to impossible to get by the guards and locked doors.

3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Side note: Kathleen Gati looks amazing without makeup.

Especially for someone who is 63. Also, she should give SBu lessons in non-verbal acting. I have zero interest in Jason, Carly, Sonny or Michael. But I will miss KG, the person who is leaving.

Franco, I know you're an artist but Jason does not have "Botticelli eyes". Botticelli never painted any one as cold as Jason.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

At first I was thinking that it's the writing but now I'm convinced that Chad Duell is just a bad actor.  I had zero sympathy for Michael when he told Nelle "You took everything away from me".

Yeah that line makes no sense. The writers are just pulling cliches out of their asses.

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, Linny said:

I'd find Franco 50% less annoying if he wasn't constantly seeking validation for how wonderful he is post-tumor.

I'd find him less annoying if he were played by someone other than Roger Not Half As Clever As He Thinks He Is Howarth.

13 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I was hoping that Jason would be too late and Carly would get shocked.  Maybe it could finally give her some compassion but I doubt it.

I was wishing it could have been Kevin/Ryan who stopped the treatment. It would have more sense. Oh, wait, it's GH. Jason or Sonny must save the day.

• Love 2
(edited)

So much for "trust the plaaaaan." Now Carson and Jason get to piss and moan that they knew things would go wrong all along. Jesus, can there ever be ONE THING they aren't "right" about? It's sickening. Btw when is the sting on Sonny going down? How about some spy cams at his house and business? Him watching at the station as the police fawn all over him. Like I said. SICKENING. 

Robert is baaaaack!!! Yay!!!!

Finn hasn't spoken to Anna in a month except for some random text messages and he doesn't find that the least bit strange? They seem rock solid. Thank God Robert and his brain are back in town. 

Everything CD does comes across goofy to me. Today was no exception. My eyebrows did raise for a moment when Nelle copped to killing Zach though. She's a see you next Tuesday, nutter butter but I hate the Corinthii so much that whoever wins in this scenario, its a wash. 

SHUT THE FUCK UP FRANCO. I want to throw my remote at the TV every time he Gollums out and starts speaking to himself. Its not funny. Its not cute. RoHo, ME and WR back to back are a cringe parade.

They couldn't have shocked Carly before Jason barged in? Just a little bit? 

Edited by CharethCutestory
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Linny said:

Of course this dose of Franco in Ferncliff (and again, he's not needed there; Carly hates him and he's not at all involved with Nelle) resulted in him whining YET AGAIN about his brain tumor and Jason not liking him. Fuck off, dude. The brain tumor defense worked legally but it's not an ethical band-aid for all the harm Franco caused, and Jason is under no obligation to forgive him. I'd find Franco 50% less annoying if he wasn't constantly seeking validation for how wonderful he is post-tumor.

The mere fact that Franco is so worried about Jason not forgiving him and not being his friend goes a long way to show that Franco is still obsessed with Jason. I know the show will never admit it, let alone Franco or even Liz, but there was a reason Franco claimed Jake as his pet therapy project and bonded so closely with a troubled child and his mother.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

I don't disagree. And Obrecht is a prime example of a character who's vastly overstayed her welcome, regardless of how entertaining Kathleen Gati makes her. But it's exactly Gati's skill in navigating the cartoonish aspects and genuine emotion (which O doesn't get to show often enough, IMO; the show leans way too heavily on the cartoon side) that makes me able to buy the whiplash changes she's asked to make.

56 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

I had zero sympathy for Michael when he told Nelle "You took everything away from me". No, Michael, you still have your Quartermaine family, your uncle, your stepfather, your sisters, and your job. The only thing you don't have is your mother and that's her fault for being an entitled sociopath.

Nelle didn't take away AJ, Michael. Maybe remember that loss and who's responsible, huh?

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Linny said:

. It's appropriate for Maxie to recognize Liesl's crimes but still offer her compassion and love, since she's acting in Nathan's stead.

Liesl's crimes include torturing Maxie's beloved cousin and almost killing her cousin's father, and Liesl's crimes/enabling played a large part in Nathan being murdered, so no it's not really appropriate for Maxie to offer her compassion IMO.  Plus, Robin has been Maxie's family for 20+ years before Maxie even met Nathan. Now Nina is a different story - her life derailed as a young woman, and now the loss of her brother/cousin, are results of her mother and Aunt Liesl deciding to play God and enable a dangerous man.

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:
1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

I had zero sympathy for Michael when he told Nelle "You took everything away from me". No, Michael, you still have your Quartermaine family, your uncle, your stepfather, your sisters, and your job. The only thing you don't have is your mother and that's her fault for being an entitled sociopath.

Nelle didn't take away AJ, Michael. Maybe remember that loss and who's responsible, huh?

Nelle's also not responsible for Morgan's death, so the sum of what Nelle took away from his is Carly in Ferncliffe for all of a fucking month.  I'd call that a too-short vacation.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Franco, I know you're an artist but Jason does not have "Botticelli eyes". Botticelli never painted any one as cold as Jason.

What was that? Between sighing over Jason's eyes and his broad shoulders, I think Liz should be a bit concern about Franco's secret crush.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Sake614 said:

Cooper is his middle name.

Cooper is Brad's last name, so I don't think it's his middle name so much as his last name, ie: Wiley Cooper-Jones

3 hours ago, CharethCutestory said:

Finn hasn't spoken to Anna in a month except for some random text messages and he doesn't find that the least bit strange?

He did complain to Alexis about it a couple of days ago.  I thought at that time that he'd call Robin and find out she wasn't there.  Good to see my man Robert has the brains.  

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

AJ was fat so he was responsible for his own death. Sonny just helped him out by killing him (sarcasm)!

And I was a little jealous of how good KG looked without makeup. Younger and more vulnerable. 

• Love 3

Potentially deadly car crash with a pregnant woman who just admitted she's a murderer is a great Friday cliffhan...oh, wait, nope.  Let's have the last scene be Jason bursting in with gun blazing to save Carly.  Because OF COURSE.

• Love 6

I'm not so much Team Mary Pat as wondering couldn't they find a way to show it's sucky in the mental hospital without shoving in a cartoon evil chick?

Maxie: I was the wife of a police detective I can put two and two together.

So how come Nathan couldn't manage to put on a shirt, he was the husband of a fashion magazine editor.

• Love 9
(edited)

Maxie: Nathan was your brother, and that kind of makes Peter your brother.

It took her two seconds to show she can in fact not put two and two together.

Ew at Nina gloating that both she and Jordan knew that Jordan had nothing on her. And at Finn telling Robert they have to take extra precautions with Peter.

Maxie: All you've accomplished is taking yourself away from us.

I can't with this. This is how I feel when they try to involve Milo and Alice in dramatic shit.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1

I was wishing it could have been Kevin/Ryan who stopped the treatment. It would have more sense. Oh, wait, it's GH. Jason or Sonny must save the day.

It's the little stuff (e.g., Robert's first day back - handful of scenes - but making time to praise st. jason for saving Anna's life or the police commissioner asking a guy who threatens and extorts and kills for a living if he is comfortable) that makes this soap opera very uncomfortable to watch at times and relatively easy to distaste.  It's the actual violence (jason pulling a gun on innocent folks doing their jobs or michael - not pulling his car over to calm down the mother of his child so the child can come into the world with a greater chance to be healthy - sonny basically threatening chase once again) that makes me wonder why Jason and Sonny are still in existence.  These two guys are not easy on the eyes, aren't good actors, and play vile characters.

• Love 13