Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Speaking of which, Ava is a horrible, horrible person because she killed Morgan but at least she's got Griffin now. Having enticed him away from his holy vows and the church.

I enjoyed Ava pretty much giving Griffin a truth intervention. And he's good looking enough that I can't fault her for her carnal desires. And, in true soapy fashion, now that they've done the deed, I think Griffin should find out that his mother was Olivia Jerome. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, rur said:

I enjoyed Ava pretty much giving Griffin a truth intervention. And he's good looking enough that I can't fault her for her carnal desires. And, in true soapy fashion, now that they've done the deed, I think Griffin should find out that his mother was Olivia Jerome. 

So then Griffin would have done his aunt. Ewww, no thanks there.

• Love 3

For this fakakta show, a wimmins having a career might as well be “growing apart.” Dillon hasn’t been super supportive  of Lauren’s decision to go to med school, and when he got pissy about Bensch being Lauren’s confidant, I thought, “It’s because he’s a stranger, you nitwit! A lot of times that’s why it’s easier!”

• Love 2
Spoiler

According to SOD, next week Jason goes to Sam and Drews and sees them and HIDES. I said it before and I'll say it again, if the Robin this story with him hiding away cuz Sam has moved on, I will cut a bitch!!!

The above is a spoiler about Jason/Drew/Sam. 

I missed today and had to read a summary. What did Griffin say to Ava before the sexing? Who started it?

Also, the ripped from the headlines kayak murderer pleaded guilty. She is set to be sentenced Nov. 1. Personally, I hope Nell does turn out to be a villain, cuz that will be the only interesting thing about her. AND I still hope she gets one over on Carly! 

New York kayak murder case: Woman pleads guilty to negligent homicide in fiance death

http://abcnews.go.com/US/york-kayak-murder-case-woman-pleads-guilty-negligent/story?id=48815644

Edited by TVbitch
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

The twenty-something set on this show is a disaster.  We have Kristina, Michael, Nelle, Molly, Tj, KiKi and Amy, who are almost never in each other's orbit.  

And now Kristina is gone.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

The twenty-something set on this show is a disaster.  We have Kristina, Michael, Nelle, Molly, Tj, KiKi and Amy, who are almost never in each other's orbit.  A few years ago, Michael hired Morgan to renovate the Brownstone, and it has not been seen since.  Why not use the set as a boarding house type residence with individual apartments for these young adults.  This way the individual stories of these characters could be woven together and they could form long term relationships, the next generation of Port Charles.  Right now we have these young people, who are isolated from their peers.  They may socialize but if we don't see it.......

I think that the Brownstone is now Liz's home. Kelly's still has rooms to rent. Is Kiki still at her 3 bedroom condo? That Nina, may or may not still own. With Franco gone and Kiki supposedly paying rent to someone,  why not have her get a few roommates?  And has Kristina bothered to tell HER RENT PAYING ROOMMATE, Amy, that she is leaving? 

If this stupid fakakta show had some smarts, why not have Amy and Valerie move in with Kiki? Start fresh. Crazy idea here: show young single women out having a life and perhaps some fun! Go nuts and show single men living too! How the hell can every single network show people having a life, but TFGH? We get the Sonny and Carly shit on everyone else hour. Generally four or five hours per week. Let's take 40 minutes and give it to Kiki/Amy/Val to see them do stuff not Corinthi/ManLander/Curtis related. Lunacy, I know! Perhaps try something similar for Michael/Molly/ TJ! No parents allowed for them!

Come on writers, challenge yourselves! 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Vella said:

You know what sucks? I actually kind of like Dr Max when he's not around Kiki. I like him listening to Alexis and backing her up and being very casual and relaxed with her.  There could actually potentially be something THERE, but instead, they're shelving him into a 'creeper' storyline with freaking KIKI?  Ugh.

I hope it is not heading toward a story where he's sexually harassing Kiki (or worse) but being just wonderful with Alexis. That would tick so many of the boxes for GH. (1) Legal story. (2) Young woman victimized. (3) Alexis under the spell of a bad guy. She'll probably conduct a withering cross-examination of Kiki that brings out all of Kiki's past misdeeds, all the way back to the Kristen Alderson years.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

a impromptu proposal at the Kelly's counter isn't very romantic.  But given Kevin's entire life now revolves around her and her family, Laura being all, "Make it special for me!" left sort of a sour taste in my mouth. 

Yup.  He followed her to Greece on his own dime, stepped between her (stupidity) and a bullet.  Puts up with her annoying grandson.  Cut the guy some slack, Laura. 

I find it ridiculous that Nelly would donate the ring money.  Someone with fragile health and an unsure work future doesn't need to make such a generous gesture.  But it's not "real world" money, anyway.  And Michael has more than enough money for both of them.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 2

I tuned in today after several, several weeks of not watching (even when I thought I might want to see something, it just feels like a big chore) because I wanted to see Griffin and Ava. Good choreography. I feel like I would have felt more if I had seen the build up from the Russia crap. But they are pretty.

The rest of the show was total crap, revolving around a character none of us can stand. Why are they shoving Nelle down our throats? Cruel and unusual punishment. And it's not often that Carly out annoys Sonny for me, but she nailed that so I guess congrats? Kiki can go jump off a bridge. Ava didn't kill Morgan, you stupid twit.

Poor Curtis, having to be stuck in this pointless as hell, who gives a flying fuck storyline.

I was such a Jason hater, and especially of SBu, but I'm mildly curious to at least see the reactions. Then he can go DIAF, along with 95% of these people.

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 7

If this stupid fakakta show had some smarts, why not have Amy and Valerie move in with Kiki? Start fresh. Crazy idea here: show young single women out having a life and perhaps some fun!

The only story that I want to see involving Amy is that she doesn't have a wounded warrior as a brother and she disappears from PC.  One episode's worth - at most. 

In the spoilers fake Jason buys Derek Wells Publishing.  I am sort of torn having Maxie taking her rightful place at Crimson and kicking Nina out because watching Michelle S. reading lists or having baby rabies blew chunks and she seems adequately competent to play the role of boss woman.  The guy playing valentin is doing a half decent job creating a niche for himself on the show and I don't mind watching him.  On the other hand, it would be two grown criminal adults battling two undeveloped women folk (maxie and lulu).  But it would be better than any Sonny/Carly/Jasons plotline.

• Love 2

If I have to hear the words "justice for ____________" anymore I'm going to start screaming and never ever stop. 

The only thing keeping me from completely tuning out is Ava and Griffin and I think my Ava-love is more spite-love because I hate Sonny and Carly so very much I automatically like whoever they hate. I hope Jason6 goes out of his way to be Team Ava when he finally gets to PC, but I won't hold my breath. It still pisses me off the way everyone including Kiki keeps saying Ava was responsible for Morgan's death. Yeah she switched his pills and that was awful, but I can't care, if that makes me an awful person so be it, anything connected to the Corinthos name makes me sick. They've ruined everything good about this show. 

Even Laura gets on my nerves with her bitching and moaning about justice for Nicholas or justice for Spencer. Just stop already. And can we please stop the Anna sitting in a café for days, why is she still so fixated on Valentin? 

Why do I even care about any of this? 

• Love 6

I miss the old "Girls Night Out" fun with Robin, Kelly, and other gals, so would love to see the Brownstone and/or Kiki's oversized apartment filled with tenants who would interact with each other at home and also go out and raise hell every now and then. A much needed break from all the JaSamCarSonMurderHobo angst.

Edited by TheMediaHo
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, TheMediaHo said:

I miss the old "Girls Night Out" fun with Robin, Kelly, and other gals,

I don't.  I think it was focused too much on Tequila and getting wasted.  Too bad they couldn't find another way for the ladies to socialize.  But I'm biased because I had family with alcohol problems.  Emphasis on "had".

• Love 1
3 hours ago, tveyeonyou said:

If I have to hear the words "justice for ____________" anymore I'm going to start screaming and never ever stop. 

The only thing keeping me from completely tuning out is Ava and Griffin and I think my Ava-love is more spite-love because I hate Sonny and Carly so very much I automatically like whoever they hate. I hope Jason6 goes out of his way to be Team Ava when he finally gets to PC, but I won't hold my breath. It still pisses me off the way everyone including Kiki keeps saying Ava was responsible for Morgan's death. Yeah she switched his pills and that was awful, but I can't care, if that makes me an awful person so be it, anything connected to the Corinthos name makes me sick. They've ruined everything good about this show. 

Even Laura gets on my nerves with her bitching and moaning about justice for Nicholas or justice for Spencer. Just stop already. And can we please stop the Anna sitting in a café for days, why is she still so fixated on Valentin? 

Why do I even care about any of this? 

Yeap.  Can't stand them so if they dislike someone, I find myself rooting for them.  They hate Ava so I think she is the bee's knees. 

Regarding Jason, many years ago, I remember a person on another board referring to "Sam's enchanted vajayjay" and how, once a man sleeps with her, he is hooked and will be all about her.  Therefore, I have absolutely no confidence whatsoever that they aren't setting up a story where both Jasons are all about Sam and begging her to choose him.  Jason Quartermaine Morgan will offer her the excitement of their previous life.  Jakeson/Drew will offer her stability for the kids that they never actually parent.  Who will she choose and will it happen before this joke of a show is cancelled? I'm sure we will all wait with baited breath.

In case you couldn't tell, along with Carly and Sonny, I loathe Jason and Sam.  But, I also really dispise Nina and Valentine.  So this who story about who is going to win the buy whatever business they are bidding on is one giant snooze.  I want Tracy to come back and buy it just to piss everyone off.  

1 hour ago, TheMediaHo said:

I miss the old "Girls Night Out" fun with Robin, Kelly, and other gals, so would love to see the Brownstone and/or Kiki's oversized apartment filled with tenants who would interact with each other at home and also go out and raise hell every now and then. A much needed break from all the JaSamCarSonMurderHobo angst.

I miss the girl interaction, too.  Honestly, I miss friendships.  It seems the only relationships we see on this show are dysfunctional families and dysfunctional couples.  Why couldn't they run with Kristina and Valerie being friends?  Why no more Lulu and Maxie? And why can't we have more normal relationships?  Can we see more TJ and Molly? 

• Love 1

I don't even understand why Ja-Drew now wants to buy a media company.  It's just so contrived.  

I do so look forward to Sam's 180 on her "let's have a stable, non-criminal home life" mantra once Jasix gets back in town.  

• Love 2

"Maybe there's something Nelle don't want me to find out." Yeah, and she's hiding it in a place where people use proper grammar. I don't care how many parallels they draw between Zachary and Michael, there's no way I believe Nelle is actually going to be crazy and sinister enough to hurt Michael, and more's the pity.

I'm somehow imagining the new Derek Wells Media as headed by Sam and "Jason" turning into a Breitbart-esque propaganda machine for Sonny and Carly. I wasn't expecting this move but I love that they outbid Valentin, because he's so smarmy and annoying that I'm at the point where I'm actively rooting against him.

Nina's dress was dreadful and didn't look like something she would wear. Cassareeves sounds like it would be a home goods line sold on QVC, so again, thanks to "Jason" for sparing us that name.

It's very impressive that Anna, Finn, and Cassandra are the most lackluster story on a show that also contains Ask Man Landers. 

• Love 3

OGJason didn’t need much time to get to NYC. 

I hope boinking Ava is the sign Griffin needs to give up the Church. Otherwise he’s a bigger idiot than I thought.

I never thought I’d say this, but I’m sorry to see Anna. I can’t stand this story.

Nice to know other police (if that’s what those guys were) are as inept as the PCPD. OGJason was right there! LOL

• Love 3

I didn't see today, but the hell, "Jason" and Sam bought Julian's media company?  If the show wanted to get them into a non-mob business, why not have them get involved in ELQ, or even make this media whatever they want to do an offshoot of ELQ?

I just..."Jason" and Sam are going to own a media company while Lucy is still flogging real estate.  I just...

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Linny said:

I'm somehow imagining the new Derek Wells Media as headed by Sam and "Jason" turning into a Breitbart-esque propaganda machine for Sonny and Carly. I wasn't expecting this move but I love that they outbid Valentin, because he's so smarmy and annoying that I'm at the point where I'm actively rooting against him.

Now, Sam has an important job. Fire Nina and Nelle immediately and hire Maxie in her rightful place. I would love to see Nina AND Valentin's face if that happens!

• Love 5

Ava doesn't have to worry, I'm sure Superman will make room for her between working at the paper for Jason and Sam and saving Port Charles. (Of course, Jason 1.0 will soon be able to help him out in that department.) 

• Love 1

Sex scenes on soaps haven't worked for me for years.  I don't know if the other remaining soaps have declined in that area as well.  The last one I didn't fast forward through was Carly and Todd, and I even rewound to watch again.  I chalked it up to two seasoned actors who had a history of working chemistry with their screen partners, and credited the writers and director with none of it.

Now I fast forwarded yesterday's Ava and Griffin as it seemed a little clumsy.  BUT, when Griffin rolled off Ava and then turned to stare right into her eyes - that was kind of hot.  But Maura seems to have chemistry with every actor - male or female.  Why they don't let that woman have a steady man in her life, especially when she's a pro at this kind of thing, is a mystery.

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Now I fast forwarded yesterday's Ava and Griffin as it seemed a little clumsy.  BUT, when Griffin rolled off Ava and then turned to stare right into her eyes - that was kind of hot.  But Maura seems to have chemistry with every actor - male or female.  Why they don't let that woman have a steady man in her life, especially when she's a pro at this kind of thing, is a mystery.

Because Ava is the evilest evil in the history of all evil.  She is so evil that she will live forever because if she dies heaven will not have her and the devil knows she would be reigning over the depths of Hell quicker than you can say "she kill Saint Morgan".

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Linny said:

"Maybe there's something Nelle don't want me to find out." Yeah, and she's hiding it in a place where people use proper grammar.

Tell me you're joking and he didn't really say that. I try not to be a big grammar snob, but that is really bad. Are we sure these people are professional writers?

• Love 4

Is there any good reason for "Jason" and Sam to suddenly co-own a media company?  The only reason I can think of is when Sam leaves "Jason" for Jason, she will be torn by having to work with "Jason" on their media company.  It's fine to set this sort of thing up, but it's supposed to be done in a more slow and organic way.  Why can't these writers think more than one day ahead.  The strengths of soaps have always been long story arcs,  and knowledge of the soap's history, and these writers suck at both.

3 hours ago, Linny said:

"Maybe there's something Nelle don't want me to find out." Yeah, and she's hiding it in a place where people use proper grammar. I don't care how many parallels they draw between Zachary and Michael, there's no way I believe Nelle is actually going to be crazy and sinister enough to hurt Michael, and more's the pity.

Nina's dress was dreadful and didn't look like something she would wear. Cassareeves sounds like it would be a home goods line sold on QVC, so again, thanks to "Jason" for sparing us that name.

It's very impressive that Anna, Finn, and Cassandra are the most lackluster story on a show that also contains Ask Man Landers. 

Curtis has made these grammatical errors before.  There are three options here:

The writers don't know proper grammar - unlikely.

The actor has poor grammar, and no one enforces the importance of sticking to the verbatim script - understandable.

The actor's not at fault.  The writers just decided a black man has poor grammar - unacceptable.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Now, Sam has an important job. Fire Nina and Nelle immediately and hire Maxie in her rightful place. I would love to see Nina AND Valentin's face if that happens!

What evil thing has Nina done to Sam or Maxie? Maxie deserved to be fired. Even Nathan/J pretty much agreed that Nina didn't do anything in the wrong. Nina has been nothing be nice and super supportive to Maxie. Maxie earned her dismissal. She decided to invite Lulu over to see Charlotte. Against Nina's explicit orders. This wasn't the first time Maxie royally F'd up. But it was the last straw. Nina couldn't trust Maxie. That is all on Maxie. 

I just wonder why Nina hasn't bought Julian out. Nina has her family fortune. Why wouldn't she just invest in the career that she has a knack for and that she loves? 

Why would Jason and Sam be interested in Julian's businesses? Sam is on a hate kick with Julian. And she has never shown the slightest interest in corporate business. She can barely handle her small private detective business. Didn't Jason just invest a ton of moolah in GH? Why not involve him in the GH boardroom or even in ELQ? Weren't we being teased with a Ned vs Michael showdown being set up?

This stupid show.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, stlbf said:

What evil thing has Nina done to Sam or Maxie? Maxie deserved to be fired. Even Nathan/J pretty much agreed that Nina didn't do anything in the wrong. Nina has been nothing be nice and super supportive to Maxie. Maxie earned her dismissal. She decided to invite Lulu over to see Charlotte. Against Nina's explicit orders. This wasn't the first time Maxie royally F'd up. But it was the last straw. Nina couldn't trust Maxie. That is all on Maxie. 

But that had nothing to do with their professional relationship. Maxie wasn't hired to be Charlotte's babysitter when they were at work. Nina took a personal grievance with Maxie and made it personal and that is rich considering Nina wouldn't have that job or know anything about running Crimson if it wasn't for Maxie.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

But that had nothing to do with their professional relationship. Maxie wasn't hired to be Charlotte's babysitter when they were at work. Nina took a personal grievance with Maxie and made it personal and that is rich considering Nina wouldn't have that job or know anything about running Crimson if it wasn't for Maxie.

Maxie was Nina's excutive assistant. Her job generally entails whatever Nina wants/needs. Maxie assured Nina that Charlotte would be fine with her. Maxie KNEW THAT LULU WASN'T allowed to see Charlotte outside of court mandates. That Charlotte have some massive issues when it came to Lulu. Lulu set Charlotte off at the time. But Maxie didn't care. And gee, it came back to bite her (and Lulu) in the ass. Maxie deserved to be fired. Crimson hasn't folded in the months since Maxie's release. So I guess has some good ideas. It is pretty rare that one employee really runs a publishing company.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

Because Ava is the evilest evil in the history of all evil.  She is so evil that she will live forever because if she dies heaven will not have her and the devil knows she would be reigning over the depths of Hell quicker than you can say "she kill Saint Morgan".

This is just the best thing ever.  Thank you very much.

• Love 2

All Neenah needs to go with that dress is pigtails and an accordion. 

Valentin now has Nelly's number?  He wasn't so hostile when she was nanny to his precious child.

Oh Ava, you had hottie priest in your bed after wanting him for months, did you expect him to propose? 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Nina can’t buy out Julian if he doesn’t want to be bought out. I guess now he’s in jail, he’s ready. 

I would guess that Julian's assets might be put into some sort of blind trust. Everything being sold off. But I thought that Nina had at least a minority stockholder share in Crimson. And she had Julian's proxy/whatever to run Crimson after she discovered his illegal sabotage of Crimson. Most partnerships have clauses allowing the other partner first dibs on any sale of stock. So why wouldn't Nina have 1st option to snag Crimson/DWM? Even if Julian just decides to hand over his empire to Sam, what about Lucas' and Leo's shares?

There is so much stupid with this story.

• Love 2

Curtis has made these grammatical errors before.  There are three options here:

The writers don't know proper grammar - unlikely.

The actor has poor grammar, and no one enforces the importance of sticking to the verbatim script - understandable.

The actor's not at fault.  The writers just decided a black man has poor grammar - unacceptable.

I personally like that Curtis doesn't use "proper" grammar, even more so because he's Black.  There are many different ways that people speak English in the United States.  Also, it seems to be a reflection of the character's supposed background.  I do agree that there might be a risk of racial stereotyping with that kind of writing, but at least there are other Black characters on the show that speak English more conventionally to vary from Curtis.

That said, it does bother me hearing Curtis speak sometimes because I can tell by his delivery that the actor probably doesn't ordinarily talk like that in real life.

• Love 2

Two examples of controlling men before the credits.  Taking Nina's phone call and telling the caller Nina can't talk.  And hiring someone to look into Nell's case without telling Nell. 

OK so Jason buys a company and gets out of the mob.  Patient 6 comes in and takes over the mob.  Sam can't decide between them.  Or they will do exactly what they did on One Life to Live with two Todds and let Patient 6 turn out to be Jason and "Jake" is the other twin.  He's already acting like Jason refusing to take any help.  Bottom line, this is all to give someone a job, not to tell a good story to the audience.

Not a fan of priest stories.  Obviously, this person is not cut out to be one.   He should have known that years ago.  And they do not show the lure of the church as part of the story.  So we don't see a real conflict.  You know, how he wants to be a priest at the same time and is conflicted.  That wouldn't be too interesting.  So it does not make good soap.  

• Love 5
11 hours ago, stlbf said:

I would guess that Julian's assets might be put into some sort of blind trust. Everything being sold off. But I thought that Nina had at least a minority stockholder share in Crimson. And she had Julian's proxy/whatever to run Crimson after she discovered his illegal sabotage of Crimson. Most partnerships have clauses allowing the other partner first dibs on any sale of stock. So why wouldn't Nina have 1st option to snag Crimson/DWM? Even if Julian just decides to hand over his empire to Sam, what about Lucas' and Leo's shares?

There is so much stupid with this story.

Maybe that can be the company's new mission statement, ya know, now that Sam is all about "rebranding" it (eyeroll).

• Love 3

A media company? I don't... But, WHY?!!?!  Jason doesn't talk! If they were going to start a business why not grow Sam's PI business into a security company? They both have a background with that kind of thing and it could drive story. 

One of the most frustrating things about these writers is that they don't seem to make story choices that lead to new stories and provide lots of branching story directions / opportunities for character development. 

I don't care about Nina losing something because I continue to give zero  f*cks about her, and everything about her running a fashion magazine was terrible and stupid - but it's not less stupid for Jason/Sam to own a media company. 

• Love 3

At least Nina has been successful as a magazine editor. I honestly can’t see Sam and/or Jason working at a media company as anything other than silent partners. That crack about publishing real news didn’t work for me, either, as there hasn’t exactly been a tabloid war in PC.

TFGH to throw characters into a story they’re utterly unsuited to.

• Love 6

At least there is some sort of justice in Sam getting her father's company.  But I agree with @Oracle42 that they would do much better to make the storytelling logical.  I guess BMJason doesn't want to actually work to build up Sam's PI agency.  Nor does she, it seems.

21 hours ago, stlbf said:

He's her brother, of course he'd say that.

Nina likes to thrust herself into the family drama of Valentin/Charlotte/Lulu but it's really none of her business.  If Maxie did something wrong wrt Charlotte, that's for the courts to punish her, not Nina.  Nina overstepped in giving that order to Maxie.

The whole thing of keeping Lulu away from Charlotte was ridiculous. If they had taken a body organ like a kidney or part of her liver away from Lulu, there would be jail time involved.  Even worse, its a child who is being raised by a parent who wants to distance her from Lulu and that's okay with Nina?

• Love 3