Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Once again, Sonny is waving his gun in Ava's face. Can't show try and come up with something different to do with Sonny?

to be fair to Sonny, he's hardly the only character who is burnt out. The problem is, the new characters are not that great.

That's the other problem with bringing all these past stars from other shows - they all don't necessarily have chemistry with each other. That's why, if they're going to bring on other characters, it's better to audition new people than bring in stars from other soaps.

• Love 2

I wasn't interested in seeing Jordan groveling and begging that guy for another chance. She should've just told him to die in a fire and move on with her life. 

Is that useless gossiping nurse the president of the nurses union? If so, that explains why they had their pathetic meeting at a bar.

I'm not going to bother getting upset over Sonny getting away with something again or at Dante for being corrupt because I really expect nothing else at this point. This show is nothing if not predictable. I am disappointed that Sonny and Ava didn't kill each other, though. Sonny doesn't even know Ava switched Moran's meds so those scenes accomplished absolutely nothing.

33 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Relatedly, I have to imagine Laura Wright is bored as hell because Carly is getting nothing to do besides be all lovey with Sonny and be all smiley at Nelle.  I get we're in that "Everything is awesome!" lead-up to those secrets blowing up in her face, but still.

I wonder if LW even bothers to read her scripts anymore. All of her dialogue is repetitive and usually revolves around Sonny and Nelly. 

• Love 3

Why doesn't our Benevolent Godfather of PC swoop in and throw some money at GH to keep it open?  I mean, he is our kindly, altruistic hero, is he not?  He doesn't kill people because he wants to; he kills people because he has to.  Somebody's gotta do it, so he shoulders the burden, poor guy.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

What is OJ planning for Sam's unborn baby? I have a feeling that she is up to something there.

I assume Liv plans on taking Sam and pulling a Nina on her.  Way too interested in the baby & Sam's OB.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

What is OJ planning for Sam's unborn baby? I have a feeling that she is up to something there.

I hadn't thought about it until you brought it up, but if she's got a plan, I'm guessing it involved kidnapping, since she's snooping around the hospital. But I don't understand how that would help her get Revenge for Duke. 

(However, today, I'm just kind of wishing OliviaJ and Anna would get stuck in the GH elevator together, fight until they're bloody, then discover Duke had been playing both of them . . . for Helena, and reasons . . . and then vow to never speak of him again.) 

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, rur said:

I hadn't thought about it until you brought it up, but if she's got a plan, I'm guessing it involved kidnapping, since she's snooping around the hospital. But I don't understand how that would help her get Revenge for Duke.

I was leaning more towards her maybe futzing with test results, perhaps related to Sam's recent appointment?  I mean, if she wants to kidnap the baby, no need to see Dr. Lee right this minute.

2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Oh, not quite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea03d5n08Hs

Good times.

This kinda stuff makes the times when Dante is a sniveling Sonny worshiper while he's a dick to some other criminal even more annoying.

1 hour ago, Vella said:

Was that a union meeting being held in a damn BAR? Who's taking the minutes on this? Who's the chair?  Is GH really trying to suggest that the hospital is staffed by no more than 10 nurses? And they vote by raising their hands? What an absolute embarrassment.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure they weren't trying to say that was a meeting of the nurse's union/all the GH nurses. That being said though, they absolutely do not know how unions work. These writers somehow don't know how anything works, which is quite amazing. 

There's really nothing to say about this episode. Obviously all the Sonny/Ava/Jason stuff was bad. The Carly/Sonny stuff was bad. Jordan apologizing to Carly/Sonny was bad. Everything Anna was bad. The nurse's stuff and the Hayden/Finn stuff should be good and theoretically I like the idea, but of course it's actually bad. Sigh.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Previews...Carly threatens to kill Ava.  But Carly, THE VIOLENCE! #eyeroll

I know, I know. Carly has been so sanctimonious about leaving violence behind, and tomorrow she is spitting fire and brimstone, wanting to off Ava without further ado or proof. Maybe this development is to prop Sonny, who also had a violent emotional reaction to the news that Ava might be the guilty one. ["See viewers, Sonny's violent anger was normal since Carly did it too!"]

Or maybe the left hand just doesn't know what the right hand is doing on this ill-paced show.

• Love 5
On 2/9/2017 at 1:12 PM, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Sooner or later, Nina may come crawling back to Maxie for help. Nina will need some help with Crimson, even if it isn't Maxie. I'd say that the actress who plays Maxie needed to be sent on a long vacation or rehab, but the character just got married, so that would be odd.

Would it? I'd say it's pretty much the ideal time to send Maxie (and Nathan) away. Let them take a 6 month honeymoon.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, ulkis said:

I mean, how come Kristina freaks out but Sam barely gets a reaction to Alexis putting Danny in danger? So weird.

I can answer this for you, but I think you know the answer.

I can see why Kristina was irritating, but I also found her screaming and ranting refreshing. 

• Love 2

Anyone know that Simpsons episode when the nuclear plant gets sold to Germans and they decide to do some firing, and they go about it alphabetically, starting with Simpson and ending with Simpson? That's how I felt watching Hayden show up in front of Amy. We're getting rid of the one annoying, doesn't mind her own business nurse. There's gossip, then there's that annoying twit. Driscoll, that is all. 

I guess the JaSam baby is going to get kidnapped by crazy aunt Liv. Because we've never seen that plot before.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, rur said:

Maybe because it will hurt Julian, and he's the one who told Carlos to kill Duke? Anyway, who cares? Sam will cry, Jason will swoop in and save the day, and zzzz.

LOL at Finn playing Amy. Best part of the episode.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Seriously.   I've always appreciated ME's flair for comedy.

In other news: fuck you, Dante.  fuck you, Jason. fuck you, Sonny.  fuck you, Carly.  Their scenes disgusted me.  I'm so sick and tired of the Groundhog Day-esque Ava pile-on we get with this bunch.

• Love 7

I don't get how Andre is being "controlling" with Jordan.  Jordan clearly is having feelings for Curtis.  What self-respecting man would want to stay with a woman who wants another man?  (And what self-respecting woman, to flip the script, would want to stay with a man who wants another woman?)  I don't think he's being controlling just to want Jordan to choose.  It's unfair to both of them to stay together when one of them doesn't have his or her heart in it.

Edited by Michel
  • Love 13
28 minutes ago, Michel said:

I don't get how Andre is being "controlling" with Jordan.  Jordan clearly is having feelings for Curtis.  What self-respecting man would want to stay with a woman who wants another man?  (And what self-respecting woman, to flip the script, would want to stay with a man who wants another woman?)  I don't think he's being controlling just to want Jordan to choose.  It's unfair to both of them to stay together and one of them doesn't have his or her heart in it.

Really, why can't they mutually decide to break up, without any bitterness. Clearly she isn't into the relationship.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Lillybee said:

Who cares when we all know nothing of any substance with happen to St. Sam and her kid.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Michel said:

I don't get how Andre is being "controlling" with Jordan.  Jordan clearly is having feelings for Curtis.  What self-respecting man would want to stay with a woman who wants another man?  (And what self-respecting woman, to flip the script, would want to stay with a man who wants another woman?)  I don't think he's being controlling just to want Jordan to choose.  It's unfair to both of them to stay together and one of them doesn't have his or her heart in it.

Thank you.  I enjoyed Andre being honest and walking away.  Why should Andre wonder if Jordan and Curtis are screwing behind his back?  It's best to end the relationship and move on.

• Love 6

It was refreshing that Jordan and Andre ended lIke it did. Not exactly amicably, but not with brutal violence either. Breakups suck and they hurt. How in the world is Jordan kissing another man (her dead husband's brother) supposed to be taken by Andre? It wasn't the first argument over Curtis they've had that interfered with their relationship. She kissed Curtis. So it is obvious to Andre that he isn't going to be enough for her. Break up and move on. Andre is a decent psychiatrist. He knows that some relationships just aren't going to work out. It ain't worth beating himself up for a chance with Jordan. 

Also, fuck off Dante. I wish that someone would point out that if Dante had done his damn job in the first place, Sonny would have been in prison for years. For trying to murder a police officer. And how many people would still be alive. Connie, perhaps? AJ. Too many others to remember right now. Innocent workers that have been caught up in his criminal enterprise. I would love to have some family member of one of Sonny's crimes berate Dante and call him on his bullshit. Sonny deserves second chances and justice, but not any one else? Fuck off Dante.

And last time I checked, conspirators commit murder is a felony. Sonny admitted to hiring people to murder Julian! So why isn't that being charged? Granted we have the idiots of the PCPD, Jordan, disgraced current PI Curtis, Jason and the new unknown female DA who seems to be a big bitch to PCPD since she wants to actually try a case against a fucking criminal. You know, mob boss Sonny. What a harpy! 

I hate this show.

• Love 14

The good today: You go, Finola and Tonja, aging well. They look better now than they did in those 1980s flashback clips, in my opinion. Especially Fin.  

Jordan usually wears clothes well, at the very least, and that gray coat she wore to visit Corinthos Manor was fierce.   

I love Rebecca Budig on this show. I know she was just the imported Soap Royalty from a canceled show and they went into sweaty overdrive to make the character happen, but it isn't the first time that's happened on GH, and she's actually good. She did a great job playing someone who has to break bad news. I think she's been believable in showing character growth. The ruthless Hayden of a year and a half ago probably wouldn't have had any pangs over it.  And I too liked Easton/Finn playing Amy, but I almost wished he had gone broader with it.  

Um...what else have I got? I don't mind Amy 2.0. I think the actress could play a better-rounded character if she were given more to do, and I like that she's "real-looking."  

The nurses' meeting just emphasized how cash-strapped General Hospital is, when the story is supposed to be how cash-strapped General Hospital is. Everything takes place at the Metro Court or the grungy Floating Rib now, and the latter location made no sense for this.  

Kelly Monaco has reached that stage of being a soap veteran where she sounds embarrassed to be delivering dialogue. But she still sounds that way when the dialogue isn't all that bad. I just get an "I hate this job" vibe off of her.  

Very unusual geography, that Port Charles. People are always driving everywhere -- I'm sure we all remember the many car accidents involving She Who Shall Not Be Named -- but all the locations seem to exist on the same block. Sonny is able to get from the Jerome Gallery to Corinthos Manor while Carly is in mid-lie about his whereabouts. In turn, the police station must be very close to both Jerome Gallery and Corinthos Manor. People are just wherever the story wants them to be, within a minute.  They were even doing this when Spoon Island was more of a thing than it is now.  

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, stlbf said:

Also, fuck off Dante. I wish that someone would point out that if Dante had done his damn job in the first place, Sonny would have been in prison for years. For trying to murder a police officer. And how many people would still be alive. Connie, perhaps? AJ.

Well, maybe Sonny would have been in prison for years. Or maybe Sonny would have been released from prison after a couple of months, for saving the governor's daughter, like what happened after Dante took him in for AJ's murder.

Sonny deserves second chances and justice, but not any one else? Fuck off Dante.

He's given breaks and excuses to other people besides his own family. Which still makes him a shitty cop, but he has said other people deserve second chances besides Sonny.

ETA not saying that Dante letting Sonny go wasn't shitty. But Sonny would have been in prison long before Dante came around if Sonny weren't always saved by sheer plot point.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

Well, maybe Sonny would have been in prison for years.

Maybe?  Sonny (via Duke) put out a hit on Jordan two years ago and TFGH has her - as a police commissioner - drop by his house to kiss his ring.   When is the last time MB took a vacation?

It's sad that out of all of the characters that FV could have brought back, he chose to focus on Duke and Morgan and the Jeromes and tie them into his 'safe place' - that vile thug and very tired and mediocre actor - Sonny Corinthos.  

FV also had to acquiesce to bring one of the most obnoxious sport commentators ever to stink up this soap too.  In what universe do Sonny and Brick look dangerous?  They look like they would be in tears if they got pulled over for a speeding ticket and/or two guys who harass waitresses after whacking a golf club for a couple of hours.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Easily. I love when ME does comedy.

7 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I love Rebecca Budig on this show. I know she was just the imported Soap Royalty from a canceled show and they went into sweaty overdrive to make the character happen, but it isn't the first time that's happened on GH, and she's actually good. She did a great job playing someone who has to break bad news. I think she's been believable in showing character growth. The ruthless Hayden of a year and a half ago probably wouldn't have had any pangs over it.  And I too liked Easton/Finn playing Amy, but I almost wished he had gone broader with it.  

Um...what else have I got? I don't mind Amy 2.0. I think the actress could play a better-rounded character if she were given more to do, and I like that she's "real-looking."  

I agree with all of this.

1 hour ago, sunnyface said:

In what universe do Sonny and Brick look dangerous?  They look like they would be in tears if they got pulled over for a speeding ticket and/or two guys who harass waitresses after whacking a golf club for a couple of hours.

LMAO. This is so accurate.

I just get an "I hate this job" vibe off of [KeMo]. 

I get that vibe off of a lot of the actors sometimes. DZ most of all. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, stlbf said:

And last time I checked, conspirators commit murder is a felony. Sonny admitted to hiring people to murder Julian! So why isn't that being charged? Granted we have the idiots of the PCPD, Jordan, disgraced current PI Curtis, Jason and the new unknown female DA who seems to be a big bitch to PCPD since she wants to actually try a case against a fucking criminal. You know, mob boss Sonny. What a harpy! 

I hate this show.

This is a show where Nik very obviously used coercion and fraud to get all the stocks to ELQ, yet he was still to take over the company. 

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 8:14 PM, Asp Burger said:

The Kristina eruption made me think back and ask myself if the character of Kristina has ever really worked.

The short answer to your question? No. Part of it is both actresses who have played the role as "adults" are not that good, but it's also the fact that Kristina is just so infantile. She is the worst parts of both her parents. It doesn't help that I always liked Ethan -I don't give  a crap about his parentage. I enjoyed the actor, and the character as a stand alone character in his own right-although I think it was a mistake making him a Spencer. I thought Nathan Parsons and JMB had "that" kind of chemistry and would have made  a fun pair. Not sure if that's an UO here or not. *shrug* But anyway-I guess the actresses  have never gotten me past the character's atrocious personality. Whoever is playing her, I should believe she's grown as a person and I shouldn't constantly be reminded of what she did to Ethan, and I also should believe that YEARS later, this character has grown as a person.

But LA can't sell that. The last time I bothered watching any of her scenes(which was admittedly months ago), I still see the same petulant, lying liar, selfish spoiled brat she has always been. FFWD material for me.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

Agree on loving RBu... dont agree with how Hayden has been written the last few days. I like outwardly prickly but with secret hidden compassion Hayden...I always saw the character as sucg, but being such a nervous wreck and falling over herself and practically begging people to forgive her for doing her job is not character growth...its her being written ooc. I liked Hayden because of her prickliness, not in spite of it and feel the writers are going out of their way to whitewash and bland her up. Hayden should feel a guilt pang or two, but then move on. Tracy has it right, she needs to regrow her fucking backbone. The fact that Finn is supposedly the one responsible for her change isnt endearing me to Fayden, but quite the opposite. Just another strong, distinct female character sacrificed over a love interest. Not here for it.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, sunnyface said:

When is the last time MB took a vacation?

With block taping and the nutty pacing, I don't think it really matters anymore unless someone is gone for a decent chunk of time. 

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I just get an "I hate this job" vibe off of [KeMo]. 

I get that vibe off of a lot of the actors sometimes. DZ most of all. 

Seriously. I don't blame them—it can't be easy to play the same scenes over and over. I guess they can take solace in the fact that nobody has a decent story, not even the favorites.

26 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

Whoever is playing her, I should believe she's grown as a person and I shouldn't constantly be reminded of what she did to Ethan, and I also should believe that YEARS later, this character has grown as a person.

But LA can't sell that. The last time I bothered watching any of her scenes(which was admittedly months ago), I still see the same petulant, lying liar, selfish spoiled brat she has always been.

Lack of growth is a writing problem, IMO, not an acting one. I actually think LA is doing a good job with what she's given, but they've made Kristina so unpleasant.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Seriously. I don't blame them—it can't be easy to play the same scenes over and over. I guess they can take solace in the fact that nobody has a decent story, not even the favorites.

I don't get "hate my job" but I just see boredom and laziness. Every scene is basically flat---no one really tries to rise above the dialogue and make it better like they used to.

• Love 1

The problem I have with this show is that all the storylines are treading water and not moving forward.  After all these months we still don't know what is behind Nelle, Valantine or Liv's actions.  Three stories that are moving so slowly that a snail could beat them in a race.  Because of this the show is boring for the actors and the viewers.  The writers need to pick up the pace. 

• Love 5

I suppose that Dante might stumble across this new fact when he questions Ava down at headquarters, but--wait for it--

Ava and Sonny have another sister (Liv) and surely Ava knows that! Why didn't Ava blurt out news of Liv's existence while Sonny was holding the gun on her? Was her mind still fully occupied with what she'd done to Morgan's meds, so she didn't recall Liv's existence?

Now it looks like Anna may recall Liv's existence sooner than anyone if she recognizes Liv in the hospital corridor near the elevators.            

Edited by P3pp3rb1rd
12 hours ago, stlbf said:

Also, fuck off Dante. I wish that someone would point out that if Dante had done his damn job in the first place, Sonny would have been in prison for years. For trying to murder a police officer. And how many people would still be alive. Connie, perhaps? AJ. Too many others to remember right now. Innocent workers that have been caught up in his criminal enterprise. I would love to have some family member of one of Sonny's crimes berate Dante and call him on his bullshit. Sonny deserves second chances and justice, but not any one else? Fuck off Dante.

That's not even necessary, given Dante's own history. I would like someone to remind Dante that he came to Port Charles to take down Sonny because he ordered the death of an innocent man who had been like a father to Dante. Dante knew the family. Dante needs to have it thrown in his face that he abandoned his principles after finding out Sonny was his father. So there was never justice for the man Dante claimed he wanted to honor. 

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Ava and Sonny have another sister (Liv) and surely Ava knows that! Why didn't Ava blurt out news of Liv's existence while Sonny was holding the gun on her? Was her mind still fully occupied with what she'd done to Morgan's meds, so she didn't recall Liv's existence?

Ava doesn't know that the woman she's a knock off of is alive. I assume OJ isn't ready for people to know she's returned from the dead.

22 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

Want that man Deke?

No, some other guy.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

The short answer to your question? No. Part of it is both actresses who have played the role as "adults" are not that good, but it's also the fact that Kristina is just so infantile. She is the worst parts of both her parents.  Whoever is playing her, I should believe she's grown as a person and I shouldn't constantly be reminded of what she did to Ethan, and I also should believe that YEARS later, this character has grown as a person.

But LA can't sell that. The last time I bothered watching any of her scenes(which was admittedly months ago), I still see the same petulant, lying liar, selfish spoiled brat she has always been. FFWD material for me.

LA first came on as a high-school student, teen-age, insecure Kristina. I bought her as desperate for love and attention (thanks largely to Sonny's disregard of girl child), which is why she was loyal to an abusive boyfriend. She was a girl who developed a crush on an older guy who was nice to her, when her father and bf were both douches. She was angry and hurt at Ethan's rejection, yes, but it was made abundantly clear that she said Ethan hurt her because she was a scared kid,  afraid her father would have Kiefer killed if she told the truth. She admitted later she thought because Ethan was Luke's son, he would be safe from Sonny's violence.  I think the word choice "did to Ethan" is a stretch. Now if Kristina had been in her 20s or older at the time, I might think differently.

I loved LA's acting when Kristina called Sonny out on his b.s. when Jax was missing (due to Sonny having the airplane disabled).  She showed growth.  But all of Kristina's growth disappeared with the re-cast, and also with the direction of the character (while LA's been in the role again) since Sonny got shot last fall/winter. She indeed has been a petulant, snarky, lying brat with her family. I chalk up her behavior toward Molly as envy, or jealousy because she sees that Molly is happy and successful in college, has a healthy relationship/devoted boyfriend, and is generally respected and well-liked.  (Comparable to the AJ/Jason dynamic, pre-car accident). Kristina thinks of Sam as the "cool" big sister because Sam will sometimes keep Kristina's secrets, doesn't really criticize her, and because Sam's husband is close to her father.  

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 4

Lack of growth is a writing problem.

Most of the time, but not always.  A good actor should show me growth in the way they play the character, period. If you're stomping your feet and pouting at the age of sixteen, and X number of YEARS later, you are still using the same tick to display annoyance/anger, that is a performer problem, not writing.

I think LA could have the best writers and material in the world and would still come off as unlikeable. Sometimes, they say an actor's real personality can bleed through and affect how you see a character. I'm not saying that is the case with her. She could be perfectly lovely IRL. I have no idea. But as a for instance, a person who radiates warmth IRL(according to cast mates, fans, etc) can play a really awful character, but...you can't help it. You LIKE the character, maybe even love them. Even though you know you shouldn't. Even though in some instances, you might feel awful or wrong or even "dirty" for doing so. Other times.....some actors radiate the opposite, even when playing a warm hearted, good soul. And as a viewer, you don't know why you're turned off...you just ARE. You know you should love them, but every time you see their face, it's just...UGH.

So I don't know if that's what I'm getting from her or not. I do know that a truly GOOD actor, can overcome bad writing. Jane Elliot does it every day. And yes, perhaps the comparison is unfair, but the general idea of being able to overcome crap writing, is not. As an actor, you can either do it, or you can't. I don't think LA can.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, P3pp3rb1rd said:

Ava and Sonny have another sister (Liv) and surely Ava knows that!

You meant Ava and Julian, right?  

How much does Ava know about Olivia though?  I thought the story was that Ava was raised by Delia and didn't know dear old dad was Victor Jerome until she was an adult, at which point she declared herself a Jerome and joined Julian and his organization.  She may only know Olivia in terms of what julian would have told her years ago, that she was dead.  

4 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Wasn't that man Deke? I don't want to hear about Deke and the closet ever again

No, his name was Lt. Vince Poletti. If you watch DZ's work in the first year or two "Dominic"/Dante was on GH, you'll hear references to the man as Dante's motivation for becoming a police officer and the desire to see Sonny go to prison.  I know that Sonny and Dante had at least one scene about that. 

• Love 3
On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:31 PM, Vella said:

Sweet Christ, THIS so much.  Was that a union meeting being held in a damn BAR? Who's taking the minutes on this? Who's the chair?  Is GH really trying to suggest that the hospital is staffed by no more than 10 nurses? And they vote by raising their hands? What an absolute embarrassment.

They're idiots.  Just the other day, Elizabeth mentioned she had to work because of the nursing shortage.  A shortage, yet days later they're cutting a good chunk of the staff.  Makes not sense, but as a nurse, I can attest that the first impulse is to always cut nurses.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

They're idiots.  Just the other day, Elizabeth mentioned she had to work because of the nursing shortage.  A shortage, yet days later they're cutting a good chunk of the staff.  Makes not sense, but as a nurse, I can attest that the first impulse is to always cut nurses.

I have a question. Have they started retconning during an episode that has been established earlier in the episode yet? I know that they can't keep track of shit that has been mentioned mere days before, but I am wondering if they recon stuff minutes after they establish it. 

• Love 2
On 2/10/2017 at 11:35 PM, Asp Burger said:

The good today: You go, Finola and Tonja, aging well. They look better now than they did in those 1980s flashback clips, in my opinion. Especially Fin.  

Jordan usually wears clothes well, at the very least, and that gray coat she wore to visit Corinthos Manor was fierce.   

The nurses' meeting just emphasized how cash-strapped General Hospital is, when the story is supposed to be how cash-strapped General Hospital is. Everything takes place at the Metro Court or the grungy Floating Rib now, and the latter location made no sense for this.  

Kelly Monaco has reached that stage of being a soap veteran where she sounds embarrassed to be delivering dialogue. But she still sounds that way when the dialogue isn't all that bad. I just get an "I hate this job" vibe off of her.  

Very unusual geography, that Port Charles. People are always driving everywhere -- I'm sure we all remember the many car accidents involving She Who Shall Not Be Named -- but all the locations seem to exist on the same block. Sonny is able to get from the Jerome Gallery to Corinthos Manor while Carly is in mid-lie about his whereabouts. In turn, the police station must be very close to both Jerome Gallery and Corinthos Manor. People are just wherever the story wants them to be, within a minute.  They were even doing this when Spoon Island was more of a thing than it is now.  

It's really sad when only one of the nurses is on contract with the show!

• Love 1

I was just happy to see nurses Elizabeth and Bobbie in a scene focused on fighting for their jobs (with references to Monica and Tracy) rather than propping Franco or Carly. It's a little shocking that the show remembers they care about their work and other people in life. My standards are quite low these days. 

• Love 9
55 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

I was just happy to see nurses Elizabeth and Bobbie in a scene focused on fighting for their jobs (with references to Monica and Tracy) rather than propping Franco or Carly. It's a little shocking that the show remembers they care about their work and other people in life. My standards are quite low these days. 

I'm sure at least 50% of the reason why Liez cares about her job is because she knows she needs income to support her rapist serial killer boyfriend and post bail the next time he's accused of murdering someone. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I'm sure at least 50% of the reason why Liez cares about her job is because she knows she needs income to support her rapist serial killer boyfriend and post bail the next time he's accused of murdering someone. 

At least Elizabeth has had a steady job since she first came on the show!

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Honestly, same. Like the nurses scenes were pretty bad, but I was just glad that they were scenes that didn't have to do with Franco or Sonny. I ask for so little!

• Love 4

I just caught up on last week's episodes.

• ER's attempts at crying are as bad as the girl who plays Jocelyn's. But the actor playing Andre did a great job -- real tears and runny nose. I hope he sticks around, despite the breakup, because I think he's a decent actor (and, damn, he's handsome). 
  • If beauticians can make Barbara Bush look great for a football game just a week or so after she was released from the ICU, then someone can make KSt look better. Get some quality extensions (and if her natural hair is falling out, then just use clip-ins during tapings).  Stop with the brown-smudge contour rouge. Bring back the fashionable outfits. 
  • I finally realized that Sonny's surveillance man is ESPN's Stephen A. Smith and not a doppelganger, like I've thought. I googled it and read that he's been a fan for 40 years, and it led to him being cast. I always think it's funny to see who's a soap fan. 
  • I must say that I actually liked when Sonny popped up when Jordan was at the door...because it felt a bit unexpected. And so little on GH isn't 100% predictable. But the truth is, I guess I just forgot about the rabbit holes and time travel -powered highways in Port Charles.
  • The show's use of the 80's scenes of Finola and Tanja adds so much special sauce. 
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, CoolWhipLite said:

I must say that I actually liked when Sonny popped up when Jordan was at the door...because it felt a bit unexpected.

I wasn't surprised at all. Sonny almost always gets away with whatever he's doing. Not that him getting arrested is any better, since he's never held for long. I don't know why they even bother.

21 minutes ago, CoolWhipLite said:

The show's use of the 80's scenes of Finola and Tanja adds so much special sauce. 

This surprised me. An actual flashback! Here's hoping we get more. (Also, it's Tonja. /that person)

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I wasn't surprised at all. Sonny almost always gets away with whatever he's doing. Not that him getting arrested is any better, since he's never held for long. I don't know why they even bother.

So true. I don't know why Dante bothers to play detective with anything involving Sonny. When Dante gets a call about his father's misdeeds, he might as well say, "eff it, I'm not going over there. Total waste of time." He could use that extra time to figure out where the hell Rocco is. 

14 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

This surprised me. An actual flashback! Here's hoping we get more. (Also, it's Tonja. /that person)

I appreciate that. I'm usually that person, too. :)

• Love 4