Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I know a rainy night spent in a barn is supposed to be romantic, but all I can think of are the animals saying, "do we make out in your public bathrooms?"

I hope Kiki and Dillweed fall in love, get married and move to Bermuda.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Mrs OldManBalls said:

We should call the best doctor Finn ever knew "Dr Retconia". Sorry that my own post is being quoted as your post, mrs oldmanballs. Guess the forum still has some bugs to work out.

18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I bet Mo made them put that in his contract: "Any new male hires must be shorter than me," and that's how they got him to take less money and re-sign. Heh.

I remember when DZ was hired MB talked about how he was happy DZ was shorter than him. Poor Dominic, hee.

17 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

He didn't say his name, which I thought was weird, but I think it's either Aaron or Adam. Yay for normal names.

It's Aaron.

Edited by ulkis

Hear me out - Tracy getting Dr. O ousted and Monica installed as the chief of staff was awesome.  But am I the only one worried these two are being set up for a fall when it comes to Dr. Michael Easton?  Wasn't it being loudly hinted at yesterday that he's been pilfering drugs?

• Love 4

The new guy who's into SuddenlyLesbian! Kristina is John Delucca, best known for playing a 60's greaser in Teen Beach Movie on Disney. I honestly thought his career was going better than needing a bit dayplayer part on a dying soap.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2

So Jason and Sam aren't really bothered by the fact that someone probably watched them having sex?  Jason goes as far as boasting about it being a good show? WTF? No, GH, that's not sexy or funny.

But I love, love, love that Jason is finally getting back into moblife. The one he moped about and claimed not to like. Helping the guy who once ordered his death, and murdered an unarmed AJ in cold blood.  And I can't wait to see Sam's hypocritical reaction to it. Sam and Jason are such smug assholes, this will be a treat.

• Love 10

Are Sabrina and Carlos really married or is Carlos lying?

It would make sense if they did, that way she can't testify against him.  

Loved the Tracy/Monica scenes.  

• Love 6

I'm so sick of hearing about Claudette.

The shrieking violins they used for Franco were hilariously overwrought. 

I don't mind Dr. O being fired as chief of staff, but there was no need to humiliate her like that. It was very mean girls of Tracy and Monica. It also makes me think Dr. O will return for revenge at the Nurses Ball; no, thank you.

The Franco/Nina fight was pretty good. Nina finally heard what Franco was saying about not wanting kids. Of course, now we're stuck with Dark!Franco. Ugh.

Carlos taunting Michael gave me life.

Tracy has been wearing a head covering for a while, now, but immediately out of surgery she had only a bandage on her forehead. 

• Love 4

Why, why, did Franco turn a cartwheel? RoHo did a good job looking sad/pained later on though.

Maxie is so annoying. First she should tell Nathan about feeding Lucky pills and faking a pregnancy and sleeping with Franco, and THEN if he doesn't say anything she can whine about Nathan not telling the truth. I pretty much loved everything Maxie was wearing though except her shirt.

I was a little sad that Nathan doesn't have more faith in Dante. He did arrest Michael but considering Dante repeatedly regretted turning Michael I don't think that would weigh with Dante.

But if he doesn't have faith in his girlfriend to not blab his secret and faith in his friend to not put him in prison, maybe he needs a new one of each. Poor Nathan lol.

Kathleen Gati is so gorgeous, even though Dr O crying in Nathan's arms played as a serious moment is crazy.

What the hell was that with Carly and Sonny. "We think you should let go of Sabrina. Carly out!" It was just weird the way she said that to Michael and then strutted out.

Soaps In Depth ABC @soapsindepthabc

Remember last week, when I said something was happening that y'all have been BEGGING for? There ya go. Monica as COS. #GH

. . . I'm glad, but begging's a bit strong of a word . . . 

• Love 5

What the hell was that with Carly and Sonny. "We think you should let go of Sabrina. Carly out!" It was just weird the way she said that to Michael and then strutted out.

I would leave immediately too if I had to keep talking about Michael's dead end relationship with Sabrina.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I would leave immediately too if I had to keep talking about Michael's dead end relationship with Sabrina.

Hee. But they're the ones who keep butting in.

I don't want to think about the Finn/Carly chemistry test. Pairing them up would be bizarre. No way would Carly tolerate his oddities.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, ulkis said:

I don't want to think about the Finn/Carly chemistry test. Pairing them up would be bizarre. No way would Carly tolerate his oddities.

Carly being paired with Dr. Michael Easton isn't any more weird than her almost marrying that thing, and he's definitely a step up from Sonny. His weirdness is mildly entertaining/interesting to me so I'd be willing to accept them being paired up, for now. 

Claud is being talked about more than characters who are actually on the show.

Is this Dark Freako thing supposed to be a joke or no? I'm not here for this shit. 

I'm happy someone FINALLY remembered Sam and Maxie are friends. It's only been 42352342 years since they had scenes together. I wish Sam had told her to dump talking tree since she obviously doesn't trust him. 

Terrorist Doctor crying is funny to me. She's totally going to blow up the hospital before she dies. 

• Love 8

I am glad that Dr.O was ousted and Monica was ushered back in, though I fear this will led to a fall to have the head writers other pets to step in. And fuck that guy that supported the woman that imprisoned a previous COS for nearly two years (and was not the one that sent her back). Hopefully Tracy takes him down too.  However they really misused the actress that plays Dr.O. There is a natural rivalry that could have happened between her and Anna, but they seemed pretty obsessed with ruining Anna and they just pretend for nearly two years that Dr.O got her job in a completely normal way instead of doing what RC claimed, which was galvanize the staff against her (though I figured because RC and FV had little follow through). I finally watched the scenes between Molly and Alexis, and Sonny and Ric. Even as someone that liked Duke, it is pretty fucking weird to me that Molly would be invoking his name like he was some innocent, instead of a person that willing chose the criminal life. And it broke my heart that Ric still wants to kiss up to Sonny. I can completely understand Molly wanting Carlos behind bars, he did kidnap and threaten to kill her father, and I am going to pretend the only reason Ric is kissing Sonny's ass because he wants Carlos and Julian to pay, but to keep invoking a guys name that she hardly knew, really bizarre. 

• Love 5

What are the writers going for with this Dark Freako stuff? Are we supposed to pretend like him "going dark" is a new thing and that he isn't a serial killer? Are we supposed to forget that he tried to murder Heather AFTER the tumor was removed? Are we supposed to forget that he's shown little remorse and mocks his victims while acting indignant because they won't forgive him?

• Love 11

Watched today and the Franco/Nina fight was realistic. I liked it. Too bad it got ruined by serial killer emo.

Maxie is still ridiculous, and the Q's still rock. Sam and Jason are boring already. I'm actually liking ME as Finn.

• Love 3

I really loved the little moments Jason and Sam had today. The calm before the storm. I will cherish these moments. 

Loved Sam and Maxie scenes. 

Anyways, I don't really blame Jason for trying to see if he can make Michael listen to reason. He wanted to help Michael even before he knew who he was. It is not like this is the first time Jason has done things for Michael. Sam of all people would understand this. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, ulkis said:

Maxie is so annoying. First she should tell Nathan about feeding Lucky pills and faking a pregnancy and sleeping with Franco, and THEN if he doesn't say anything she can whine about Nathan not telling the truth.

I always forget about her sleeping with Franco. I think Nathan actually does know that though. I think she told him. Now that I think about it, doesn't he know almost everything about her past?

Kathleen Gati is so gorgeous

She was seriously stunning. Love her hair down like that.

I can't take Franco seriously as a psycho evil Dark Franco when he's doing a freaking cartwheel. Which I don't believe OG Franco would ever do, and neither would Todd.

Loved the Saxie, although I kept seeing Carly in the background and it threw me off a little bit. I feel like she would have come over to Sam.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, amaranta said:

I'm having trouble adjusting to perky Jason.  It feels so wrong.

I feel like BM needs to tone it down just a tad, especially with the baby talk EVERY time him and Sam are kissing or hugging.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, amaranta said:

RoHo:  Think you can out-flail me, Michelle? Not today, hon. *cartwheel*

And that was enough to rein in most of MS' tics.  I can't stand your character, but well played, Roger.

I've decided to roll with the apparent fact that Jason's resurrection came with a free personality upgrade.

Tracy's turbans/scarves?  I crave.  So.  Much.  I loved seeing the nurses & interns(?) crowded near the door as Tracy reamed out the board.  And Monica listening in for  moment made me laugh.  And then the Tracy/Monica elevator exchange made me cry.  They love each other so much, y'all!

So good to finally see some Saxie.  But I won't be surprised if Sam finds out Claudette lives practically next door.

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

I've decided to roll with the apparent fact that Jason's resurrection came with a free personality upgrade.

He talks and smiles and laughs! And for just $1.99 more, he'll notice when you get a haircut.

• Love 10

I'm glad Dr. O was thrown out, but it played like a schoolyard brawl. Tracy threw an unprofessional entitled fit and outshouted and overrode the board instead of using subtle manuvering or established procedure. Then the whole GH staff stopped working to eavesdrop and observe Dr O's smackdown, tears, and threats. Of course she deserved her ungraceful fall, but it was engineered without adult skills and tact, as if Tracy had beaten her up on the playground and scored a bloody coup. I'm glad that Monica quickly discovered the backlog of projects she would have to weed through. But Tracy could have used those myriad incompletes to argue against Dr.O's scattered focus, disorganization, and crony politics. Predictably, without hardcore facts and figures, the management change was resisted by some of the board. Monica has a steeper more difficult track because some of the board is still on Dr O's side. They've been praising Dr O and no doubt giving her bonuses and treating her decisions and policies as stare decisis. Now Tracy has made them look foolish too.

RoHo:  Think you can out-flail me, Michelle? Not today, hon. *cartwheel*

RoHo is much more entertaining to watch than Sonny or Jason trying to posture about how they would protect their families but not mention about how most of the violence that they sow and reap has nothing to do with their families.  As much as I hate the vile character of Franco, as long as they keep the mechanical monkey away this Franco go-around, I am cool with watching Roho taking on the sisyphean task of messing with Saint Jason and Saint Sonny.  Scenes involving Jason threatening violence is the only time that I have seen this actor perk up.

• Love 8

I don't relish admitting it: I thought Stafford did a good job with the fight and breakup. She has too much bad in the bank for me to say I loved watching it, but it was the single best day she has had since I started watching GH again in November. I find her deadly when (I assume) we're supposed to find Nina "cute" and she's all manic and smiling through slurs. Here, she was still doing the physical flailing around, but I thought the scene better supported it, and I actually felt something for Nina, for the first time, when she said she had lost her baby and the ability to have another one, and she needed compassion. Maybe that's been my issue all along: the tone of writing for the character is completely at odds with the zone where this actress can do acceptable work. So...more seriousness and less semi-comic shtick about makeovers and green magazines and throwing furniture at Julian, if she's going to hang around? 

There has not been a lot to go on so far, and for all I know he'll be a dead body in the next show, but the guy playing the ex-druggie witness, Hale, is excellent. I'm like, "Great, you waste a strong actor on this?" I was less impressed with the presumably important guy playing Kristina's new glimmer at the mental hospital, but he wasn't bad either.  

I like Dillon and the Keekster together. A lot.  

Where's Becky Herbst/Elizabeth been? Some kind of vacation? I cannot even remember what her last scene was. Slap fight with Greenlee? Nikolas telling her she doesn't know/want to know what Greenlee has on him, because it could bring down other people too? It's been at least a couple weeks.  

I just can't with this Jason. I always felt I would welcome any alternative to the Steve Burton version, but I wasn't thinking the alternative would be a simpering goofball teddy bear who says things like "At least they got a good show" about someone spying on him and Sam screwing. Anyway, I've seen some of their love scenes, and I beg to differ.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Asp Burger said:

I don't relish admitting it: I thought Stafford did a good job with the fight and breakup. She has too much bad in the bank for me to say I loved watching it, but it was the single best day she has had since I started watching GH again in November. I find her deadly when (I assume) we're supposed to find Nina "cute" and she's all manic and smiling through slurs. Here, she was still doing the physical flailing around, but I thought the scene better supported it, and I actually felt something for Nina, for the first time, when she said she had lost her baby and the ability to have another one, and she needed compassion. Maybe that's been my issue all along: the tone of writing for the character is completely at odds with the zone where this actress can do acceptable work. So...more seriousness and less semi-comic shtick about makeovers and green magazines and throwing furniture at Julian, if she's going to hang around? 

There has not been a lot to go on so far, and for all I know he'll be a dead body in the next show, but the guy playing the ex-druggie witness, Hale, is excellent. I'm like, "Great, you waste a strong actor on this?" I was less impressed with the presumably important guy playing Kristina's new glimmer at the mental hospital, but he wasn't bad either.  

I like Dillon and the Keekster together. A lot.  

Where's Becky Herbst/Elizabeth been? Some kind of vacation? I cannot even remember what her last scene was. Slap fight with Greenlee? Nikolas telling her she doesn't know/want to know what Greenlee has on him, because it could bring down other people too? It's been at least a couple weeks.  

I just can't with this Jason. I always felt I would welcome any alternative to the Steve Burton version, but I wasn't thinking the alternative would be a simpering goofball teddy bear who says things like "At least they got a good show" about someone spying on him and Sam screwing. Anyway, I've seen some of their love scenes, and I beg to differ.  

Yeah, that whole "at least they got a good show" thing was when I pretty much called a time of death on the character.  It's just so weird.  Obviously, I'd never buy it from Jason Morgan, but I don't buy it from who Jason has been since BM showed up, either.  And his mob moll, someone who's been violated like she was by Franco, would be freaked by the idea of someone watching them, to the point that it would make Jason seem like an insensitive ass to launch into his "fellas, am I right?  Fist bumps!!" routine over someone violating her privacy like that.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

Yeah, that whole "at least they got a good show" thing was when I pretty much called a time of death on the character.  It's just so weird.  Obviously, I'd never buy it from Jason Morgan, but I don't buy it from who Jason has been since BM showed up, either.  And his mob moll, someone who's been violated like she was by Franco, would be freaked by the idea of someone watching them, to the point that it would make Jason seem like an insensitive ass to launch into his "fellas, am I right?  Fist bumps!!" routine over someone violating her privacy like that.  

It was entirely bizarre especially considering that she'd JUST expressed her concerns regarding Franco. A big part of Franco's creepy stalking was the voyeuristic aspect. He filmed their entire honeymoon and then set Jason up to watch a video of his wife being violated.

• Love 3

Well, it must be Robin's doing. She brought him back from the dead and decided that she might as well give him a personality while she was at it. 

• Love 2

Do we really think the stalker is Franco? The cut from Sam and Jason looking at footprints to him entering the apartment was so blatant. Show is usually tiny bit more subtle, especially at the beginning of a "mystery."

• Love 3

It's definitely not Franco. FV/JP/SA are determined to keep Franco so this story is probably going to be about how wrong/mean everyone is for believing that he'd do such terrible things - just because he's done them before

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Oracle42 said:

It's definitely not Franco. FV/JP/SA are determined to keep Franco so this story is probably going to be about how wrong everyone is for believing that he'd do such terrible things just because he's done before

This is exactly what it will be. 

I figured it won't be Franco, and the story is merely a vehicle to show us that the Gentle Farmer is being persecuted for past wrongdoings. He just wants to live life on his own terms, dammit!

I don't care who the stalker ends up being, though it's probably too much to ask that someone show a bit of creativity and make it, say, Claudette. While Jason was "dead" and away from PC, he crossed paths with her somehow and did her wrong, and now she's here to get her pound of flesh.

Edited by dubbel zout
If you're going to use a bunch of clichés, get them right.
  • Love 4

The weird way Monica walked at one point, and the missing pills must tie together. So instead of having a much needed surgery, she's taking pain pills. Oh, Monica. And it makes me ill that shoving out Obrecht is going to leave the Qs with egg on their faces. Are we sure Guza isn't back?  At any rate, hopefully by that time, O will be the May sweeps murder victim.

Love the turbans on JE. Rock it, girl. ME smiles with her, and actually seems to not only like her, but to care about her. I'll take it. Plus, background acting is so important, and it's one way you can tell someone can actually act. When they remember they are supposed to  have a reaction, even when they don't  have a line and the focus of the scene is not on them. I loved ME's face when Tracy made the custodial remark to Dr O. Although, that was a bit  harsh. Okay, not really. It's just that it's so long overdue as being said to her, that it seems harsh. But honestly, she deserves so much worse, so it didn't bother me.

Speaking of background stuff and little details-KG's hair all messed up when she came out of the meeting. I LOVED it. Nice touch. Finn polishing his probably already very clean silverware, at the table. Love the OCD touches the character has. Love even more that ME makes a point to remind the audience-and therefore not let the writers forget, either. JE/LC clasping  hands in the elevator. So much of the nice stuff is the actors, not the writing, but if I enjoy it, I don't really care. I'd rather have it all-great writing, acting, and details-but eh. Baby steps.

I didn't pay attention to much else, honestly. I stopped to watch the Franco/Nina breakup. Do MS and RoHo not like each other? I get that "can't stand each other IRL vibe". *shrug*

Did I mention the turbans? JE needs to keep them. They won't let her, though.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

I figured it won't be Franco, and the story is merely a vehicle to show us that the Gentle Farmer is being persecuted for past wrongdoings. He just wants to live life on his own terms, dammit!

By George, I think you hit on what Franco was probably doing out in the rain! Farming, in the rain, because he loves it that much.

58 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I didn't pay attention to much else, honestly. I stopped to watch the Franco/Nina breakup. Do MS and RoHo not like each other? I get that "can't stand each other IRL vibe". *shrug*

No one knows for sure but yeah, there's been speculation about that.

Why won't they let JE keep the turbans?

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, ulkis said:

By George, I think you hit on what Franco was probably doing out in the rain! Farming, in the rain, because he loves it that much.

Nina just needs to understand that the only seeds Gentle Farmer Franco wants to plant...are in the Earth

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 8