Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

Jason actually has a tiny bit of chemistry with Carly. Maybe someday they will put them together. It's the only interesting thing left to do.

The new kid and Cameron could start a boy band. 

I guess this means Joss is going to remain front and center. Can't someone else get a turn. 

• Love 3

I don't even know what this kid's name is, but I'm getting Juan flashbacks...and we all know how well THAT went.

I mean, I guess it went well for Becky, but the viewing audience?  Not so much.

• LOL 3

Given the casting information and the description of her as a real shark, which I don't see Tea as,, I thought that Shiloh's new lawyer might be

Spoiler

Veronica Cartwright's

character.

1 hour ago, Asp Burger said:

I'd argue that Elizabeth and Cameron have had just as much of a voice in it as Franco, but why doesn't that make sense? The adults and young adults are the main characters and contract players on the show. It's about Aiden as much as it can be with a young actor who can only be asked to do so much, because of the age-related limitations on his abilities and the restrictions of his on-set time

I think it's a justifiable technique to tell a story focusing on the people around the main character and how they react to what's going on with him or her, especially when the main character is a child who has both limited time and limited ability.  There was a lovely scene of Elizabeth talking to Brad and Lucas about what books to read and how to handle the situation, and there is story to be told from Cameron's perspective about denial and then acceptance and the Cam actor is someone who can handle the load.

Aiden can be a character who grows up knowing that he is gay, but at this age, I really think the story needs to be told from the POV of the people around him rather than asking the actor to do the heavy liftinng.

• Love 6

OMG Carly is an adult (whether she acts like one or not).  Bacon will not kill her.  And Carly?  If they won't give you something you want to eat, order something in!  A grown woman, even a (delicate!?!) pregnant one should be allowed to eat what she wants.  She's not drinking or chain-smoking.  Leave her alone.

• Love 4

How has nobody mentioned the giant plate of moss in the middle of the kitchen table? When did this become a decorating choice??

(I pointed it out to my husband and he said, “It’s the new wicker balls.”—something we made fun of for years.)

• Love 1

I hope the moss has as good a contract as the "noiseless grocery bag" and the "limp green thing" that used to hang out of the bag.  Those guys were on the show for years with little or no plot line.  

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Captanne said:

I hope the moss has as good a contract as the "noiseless grocery bag" and the "limp green thing" that used to hang out of the bag.  Those guys were on the show for years with little or no plot line.  

Badger in Sonny's office hogging all the stories.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

I don't have a problem with Liz having a story grappling with maybe having a gay son (and the Spencer family heir, no less). I have a problem with it being centered around stereotypical or often offscreen behaviors we don't always see, and I have a big problem with it sometimes being filtered through Franco as a moral voice and main player.

The kid is not terrible, he can do a little more. He doesn't need a coming out arc at that age but you can give him a bit of an inner life the same way Claire Labine did with kids, the way writers also did with Robin at his age, which is younger than the Labine tweens. You can get rid of Franco. You can stop talking about the scandal of it all that he bakes or likes pastels or whatever else. You can let him speak a little for himself. The Conners has handled this in a delicate way with a kid of a similar age - it's broader and has a bit of a license because it's a sitcom, but the character has his own personality and the show doesn't have a serial killer who barely knows him as a key POV character in the story.

If everyone is just sitting around talking about Aiden obviously being gay because he has an easy-bake oven, that is the wrong way to do this story. I don't care who the little boy is. Because he is not getting a voice, however limited.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Linny said:

No matter how much I love Chase, I didn't like him proudly listing Sonny and Jason's contributions to "Wiley's Army." Even if he doesn't condone their methods he's sure willing to appreciate them so long as it's benefiting his girlfriend. Since Chase is genuinely such a great guy,  I'd really prefer a greater demarcation between him and Sonny's ilk.

All this talk about Chase being a great guy or a great character or whatever.  He's already praising Sonny and Jason.  Plus, he's already said that he's willing to bend the law for his little girlfriend.  Great guy, please.  I find myself rolling my eyes throughout a lot of his scenes.

I really like the bonding between Liz and Kim but that was one huge lasagna Liz took over to Kim for just one person, especially one as skinny as Kim. It's going to feed her for nearly a year.

If Kim is thinking to re-create Oscar with Drew, she really is in trouble, and Julian was right.

As much as I hate Carly, I hate how her menfolk infantalize her even more. And Sonny, way to go bringing a houseguest to stay with you without asking your wife first.

Usually I enjoy Diane when she's not around Sonny or Jason, but what part of professional boundares does she not understand?

15 minutes ago, Bucwild said:

I guess the writers forgot that Liz had a son that was presumed dead for some years because Liz told Kim she doesn't know what she's going through.

And it was her favorite son, too.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Bucwild said:

I guess the writers forgot that Liz had a son that was presumed dead for some years because Liz told Kim she doesn't know what she's going through.

That's not quite what she said. She didn't say "I can't imagine what you're going through." But I think Elizabeth chose her words carefully because telling a friend "I thought my son was dead, but then he was returned to me a few years later" is NOT the way to help a friend who just returned from a trip scattering her child's ashes.  There would be a tone of "lucky me, my kid turned out to be alive" when there is no possibility of that happening for Kim.

I thought Becky H. and Tamara B. did a beautiful job with their scenes. I rarely tear up, but Elizabeth and Kim, and Willow breaking down as she told Michael the story of what happened to her father ... got to me. The Willow actress conveyed raw pain very well.

Hey Carly, that entire conversation you had with Jason? You should have had with Jax, you know, Josslyn's father.

I can't tell if the kid Sonny brought home is supposed to remind the audience of Sonny's relationship with Stone, or with Zander. Of course he doesn't discuss it with Carly first, just announces that the kid is going to be staying with them.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

How has nobody mentioned the giant plate of moss in the middle of the kitchen table? When did this become a decorating choice??

Sam and Jason (and Drew) have had a miniature bathtub of moss on their coffee table for a couple of years.  Fortunately Scout doesn't live there, so she's not eating it or scattering it around.

5 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Hey Carly, that entire conversation you had with Jason? You should have had with Jax, you know, Josslyn's father.

I can't tell if the kid Sonny brought home is supposed to remind the audience of Sonny's relationship with Stone, or with Zander. Of course he doesn't discuss it with Carly first, just announces that the kid is going to be staying with them.

Must have pointless Jason scene because of high minimums.

To be fair to Sonny, she didn't discuss taking herself off of birth control. She brings home a pregnancy, he brings home a stray.

3 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Sam and Jason (and Drew) have had a miniature bathtub of moss on their coffee table for a couple of years.  Fortunately Scout doesn't live there, so she's not eating it or scattering it around.

That's probably Jason's fuel.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

How is Jason going to prove that Shiloh killed Willow's father when he was busy impregnating Willow that night?

21 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Sphagnum moss  is a natural antiseptic for wounds and with Jason's job, the pharmacy can be close at hand right on the table.

• LOL 4
55 minutes ago, Bucwild said:

I'd agree had Jake stayed gone, so the situation is a bit different. Liz thought Jake was dead for 2-3 years, but Jake was returned to her. Oscar died, he's not coming back. I think bringing up Jake in that sort of context would have been a tad insensitive, but Elizabeth said the right things to Kim and the scene was still emotional.

Both actress did well. And the Willow actress as well. But with her, all I could think was that if MS was still Nina, she would have passed by and screeched at her while flailing her arms around.

• Love 4

Yes Sonny, what an ingenious idea, to bring home a riff raff kid, whom you barely know.  Bring him into the home of your high risk pregnancy wife and her teenage daughter.  what could possibly go wrong.  

37 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

You sure about that?

Edward and Lila ushered Oscar up to heaven, so he's pretty well dead.  Plus his replacement just showed up in town.  

• Love 6

I think they should start easing up on the angst with Willow. we get it, she was in a cult. Next up, how she had a puppy but she let it flee rather than let it be taken on communal walks by the Dawn of Day members.

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
26 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

You sure about that? 🤓

Yes, because Oscar was Drew's son, not Jason's.

The episode today has me wondering if Harmony and Neil lost a daughter (the announcement Diane showed Alexis), but shortly after that Harmony realized she was pregnant and took off, the married the guy who raised Willow as his own. I'm going to assume the father Willow believes died of a deliberate drug overdose was actually her stepfather. Harmony is the type who wouldn't want Willow to go searching for family, so she engaged in selective truth-telling throughout her daughter's life. 

How long 'til Neil realizes Alexis and Kevin know each other? Seems like Neil is really invested in Alexis as a person/not just as a patient, but doesn't believe he has feelings for her (yet) because he won't let himself be open to experiencing emotional connection due to still struggling with losing a child.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

How did New Kid find Sonny's house?  And Dante's house?  Sam and Curtis should hire him as a P.I. because he's clearly better at it than them.  Unless Sonny has a neon sign outside "#1 Mobster"?

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, ciarra said:

How did New Kid find Sonny's house? And Dante's house?

He asked someone? I can buy everyone in PC knowing where Sonny lives. 

As for Dante's, he probably just looked it up at the PCPD. It's not as if that place is secure. Heh.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ciarra said:

How did New Kid find Sonny's house?

He not only found Sonny's compound, but he also walked around his security team like no biggie. I like these people who can come and go as they please. Maybe Ava should do that when she wants to see the daughter the baby hoarders have done everything to keep from her.

I was worried we would be subjected to Sonny's flashback with the kid. I thought Mo looked like he was going to be sick when Sonny was trying to remember.

• Love 2

Forget about how he found everyone's houses. How did he get the money to get a flight from Turkey? Did he sneak on a boat? Then how did he get from the boat to upstate NY? ?!?!?!?!

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Maybe there's a PortCharles411 on the internet.

In spite of Oscar trying so hard to push Drew and Jason together as brothers, Drew knows a lost cause when he sees it. Even Franco is a better bet.

ETA: kid (whose name I don't care about) said that there was money in the house in Turkey.  Sonny snarked that some of it stuck to his fingers.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

I thought Elizabeth and Kim did a good job today. And Kim called Drew to ask him to go to dinner the next night. And have sex and make another baby, perhaps? I usually like Willow’s acting but didn’t buy the horror, angst and grief today. There should have been many more tears and nose running and gulping like there is when we’re all REALLY crying. Or at least all of the people I know. 

• Love 1
20 hours ago, TVbitch said:

Jason actually has a tiny bit of chemistry with Carly. Maybe someday they will put them together. It's the only interesting thing left to do.

I think it's a lot more than just a tiny bit. But it doesn't matter, it won't happen because these writers don't have the balls to do anything to shake things up. It has to be the same thing all the time. So predictable and so boring.

I have to catch up on this week, but from what I've been reading I'm hardly jumping to do so. Nothing much I'm interested in. Just biding my time.

I do like the new Corinthos Kitchen set, but one thing bugs me about his house - supposedly he is wealthy enough to own an island and private jet, but his house seems so small - tiny living room and a closet-sized foyer.  At the kitchen is appropriately sized.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ulkis said:

Forget about how he found everyone's houses. How did he get the money to get a flight from Turkey? Did he sneak on a boat? Then how did he get from the boat to upstate NY? ?!?!?!?!

I guess Spyder-Finder is more thorough than we knew!

58 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

I thought Elizabeth and Kim did a good job today.

Same here. Elizabeth said the right things. I'm a bit surprised they haven't had Kim beat herself up more for not getting Oscar treatment sooner, given that could have saved his life. Her comment about everything she did was for his well-being was a bit vague if you didn't know.

I'm so tired of Sonny always barking at people he wants information from. I really want someone to tell him, "Stop yelling at me. Ask me nicely and I'll tell you want you want to know. 'Please' and 'thank you' won't be amiss, either." Ugh.

1 hour ago, Gam2 said:

I usually like Willow’s acting but didn’t buy the horror, angst and grief today. There should have been many more tears and nose running and gulping like there is when we’re all REALLY crying.

Not everyone does, and besides, Willow was in public. Not that that matters, but she does seem like one to be aware of that.

We had two different pairs of women friends talking to each other today. That doesn't happen very often.

• Love 4

He's already praising Sonny and Jason. 

Praising?  Today, Chase unlocked and opened a cell at a jail in order for a powerful east coast mob boss to speak with a foreign minor with questionable ID, that was found at the scene of a burglary at the home of his partner (when not on detail with the WSB).

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

Praising?  Today, Chase unlocked and opened a cell at a jail in order for a powerful east coast mob boss to speak with a foreign minor with questionable ID, that was found at the scene of a burglary at the home of his partner (when not on detail with the WSB).

No, he let Sonny into the interrogation room where the minor had just been temporarily placed.  There have been many, many, many private conversations between people (some under arrest, some not) in that room. The kid had not been taken to a jail cell or processed so far.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

(I pointed it out to my husband and he said, “It’s the new wicker balls.”—something we made fun of for years.)

It’s funny because I have it in my kitchen, too. I’ve seen it everywhere and felt compelled to do the same. I just think of it as another decorating item that will be in some landfill in a few years. It’s like the sign trend. Everyone has them. 

I can't get over the folks who think this Dev kid is Brenda's boy Alec. Yes - international celebrity and world famous supermodel philanthropist Brenda Barrett's son is a Turkish pickpocket.

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

How did he get the money to get a flight from Turkey?

He told Sonny that after the raid on Raj's compound (from Sonny and Dante), he stole some of Raj's money (that was apparently lying around, as drug dealers tend to do!), got himself a fake passport (as one is capable of doing) and a plane ticket to PC.  He said if Raj's group found out he stole the money, than he'd be killed when returned to Turkey (because apparently Raj's group can fly to the STates and kill him there)  

12 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I think it's a lot more than just a tiny bit. But it doesn't matter, it won't happen because these writers don't have the balls to do anything to shake things up. It has to be the same thing all the time. So predictable and so boring.

I have to catch up on this week, but from what I've been reading I'm hardly jumping to do so. Nothing much I'm interested in. Just biding my time.

Didn't Steve Burton once say that he never wanted Jason paired with Carly? I do think they work way better as friends. I couldn't see Jason dealing with Carly's petulance in a romantic relationship for very long.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

I actually like the fact that there is a male/female friendship on a soap that has lasted for 20(?) years that has remained nonsexual.  I find it refreshing.

6 hours ago, jsbt said:

I can't get over the folks who think this Dev kid is Brenda's boy Alec. Yes - international celebrity and world famous supermodel philanthropist Brenda Barrett's son is a Turkish pickpocket.

The way this show loves to incorporate History! in exactly the wrong way, I would not be surprised one iota if this happens. I mean, the kid is the grandson of the Balkan. We all know evil is genetic.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

Didn't Steve Burton once say that he never wanted Jason paired with Carly? I do think they work way better as friends. I couldn't see Jason dealing with Carly's petulance in a romantic relationship for very long.

No idea. I don't pay much attention to anything that Steve Burton says.

1 hour ago, Katy M said:

I actually like the fact that there is a male/female friendship on a soap that has lasted for 20(?) years that has remained nonsexual.  I find it refreshing.

Whatever. I just find Sonny/Carly to be completely devoid of sexual chemistry and Jason/Sam to be so entirely snoozeworthy that I'd take literally anything to shake up the monotony. It's not like Carly is going back to Jax. He's going to be too busy with precious Nina.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, tvgoddess said:

No idea. I don't pay much attention to anything that Steve Burton says.

Whatever. I just find Sonny/Carly to be completely devoid of sexual chemistry and Jason/Sam to be so entirely snoozeworthy that I'd take literally anything to shake up the monotony. It's not like Carly is going back to Jax. He's going to be too busy with precious Nina.

I agree MB and LW don't really have any sexual chemistry. I feel like the writers put Sonny and Carly back together because they didn't know what to do with either of them. Carly and Franco bombed, and Sonny bombed with pretty much every woman the show ever tried to pair him up aside from Carly and Brenda. I think LW has her best chemistry with Ingo Rademacher/Jax. I think MB only clicked with SB's Carly and Vanessa Marcil/Brenda.

I was never a Jason and Sam fan--mainly because Sam has barely been allowed to exist outside of their relationship. I remember when she even said, "My life is worth nothing without Jason." It's impossible for me to root for a relationship and a female character whose whole identity is wrapped up in a man.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, DivaLasVegas82 said:

I was never a Jason and Sam fan--mainly because Sam has barely been allowed to exist outside of their relationship. I remember when she even said, "My life is worth nothing without Jason." It's impossible for me to root for a relationship and a female character whose whole identity is wrapped up in a man.

And used as a blow up doll by the writers whenever convenient.

• Love 2
On 6/19/2019 at 12:42 PM, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I'm hoping they realized how offensive it is and are trying to redo the storyline. 

These are the same people that thought writing a story for Scam where she served herself up on a platter to be branded and assaulted by Shank was apparently a good idea, even with her past assault history with Bob.  (That Jason still has night,ares about... but for some reason thinks his son living with said assaulter is just dandy).

Not to mention that Fiz somehow exists with little to no regard for Elizabeth's history.  Have Fiz ever even discussed that Bob kidnapped Aiden?  or did Liz just accept it as TUMAH!

• Love 1

Two kudos to the show: Shiloh's lawyer seems to have some sort of disability, cerebral palsy or Tourette's. Good for the show

Also, I really like the session between Kevin and Neil yesterday when Neil acknowledged that the reason he couldn't self-disclose to his patient is because it would blur the line between whether he was doing it to help her (Kristina?) or to process it himself.

Love Jax saying "mate" about Robert.  Nice nod to both actors as well as the characters being Australian.

Wow, are they ever anvilling a relationship between Jax and Nina! Ouch!  LOL how quickly Charlotte turned around now that that plot point is not needed any more.

Why does Jax need a bodyguard? Why does Drew? Drew used to be a bodyguard himself as well as a SEAL so presumably he can take care of himself.

Sonny's cousin "Devon" is a storylime I would gladly skip. I guess it's the summer now and time for teen actors. At least he's not as bad as Spencer. Yet.

19 hours ago, Gam2 said:

I usually like Willow’s acting but didn’t buy the horror, angst and grief today. There should have been many more tears and nose running and gulping like there is when we’re all REALLY crying. Or at least all of the people I know. 

It was almost two years ago, I would have found it strange if she had fallen apart like that now, especially since she was in a public place.

8 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

He said if Raj's group found out he stole the money, than he'd be killed when returned to Turkey (because apparently Raj's group can fly to the STates and kill him there)  

This is may be possible. Didn't Dante originally go after Raj because he threatened Lulu in the US or something?

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm such a sucker, I loved the moment of Aiden telling Willow, "I'll miss you." Also, the wavy hair/pony tail is a gorgeous look for Becky Herbst.  The change from Stafford as Nina to nuNina is jarring in the classroom scenes, since Stafford was all about acting like Nina wanted Willow to drop dead/be banished from Port Charles for telling the truth about Charlotte and daring to be in close proximity to Michael since Nina clearly now thinks of him as Sasha's property. 

The scenes today involving Josslyn had me all "We get it, Show - Joss is absolutely and totally mini-Carly." Now Jax should have a confrontation with Carly and Sonny about bringing a teenage boy with a questionable background, whom he has never met, to stay a while in the house where his teenager daughter lives.  Sonny absolutely does not know the kid well enough to say that he poses no danger to Josslyn. Jax should insist that Josslyn move in with him for a while. Also, Avery is not a baby or toddler anymore, Carly - she should be taught to pick up her own toys.

I liked Jax calling out nuNina on basically having a tantrum if she doesn't get her way. And Robert and Jax mentioning Jerry re: Robin.  More than one Jerry mention since Jax has returned must mean Jerry will be back sometime this summer.

Shiloh's attorney does not come across at all as fierce; her gaze is not menacing and the thing she's doing with with her mouth is really distracting, making it appear it takes a lot of effort for her to speak. Did GH maybe hire an actress who recently had a stroke? In general I wouldn't care, but it undermines the "Shiloh's attorney is a real shark and so Diane is concerned" impression we're supposed to have. It seems to me the actress would be more appropriate in the role of a doctor or nurse or an important character's BFF.

The last exchange in the courthouse between Alexis and Diane was funny, though.

Edited by Bringonthedrama
  • Love 1