Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

He can still be a leading man, as a single Jason can be shoved into all stories as much as a paired Jason is. As for looking like a stud, he's doing a terrible job of it with KeMo. Neither of them looks remotely interested in getting Jason and Sam back together. The dreadful writing doesn't help, of course, but it's the actors' job to sell it. They aren't.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

He can still be a leading man, as a single Jason can be shoved into all stories as much as a paired Jason is. As for looking like a stud, he's doing a terrible job of it with KeMo. Neither of them looks remotely interested in getting Jason and Sam back together. The dreadful writing doesn't help, of course, but it's the actors' job to sell it. They aren't.

It doesn't help that Jason and Sam (the characters) don't seem bothered about moving forward in their relationship, but nor does Jason care about the past that went on while he was gone. He doesn't ask Sam about anything to do with baby/toddler Danny or talk to Liz about how Jake is recovering from the time he was on Cassadine Island. Exactly nothing has changed in his narrow viewpoint of the world except Sam has a second child.

• Love 7

I don’t see a spark between Jason and anyone on this show. Not Sam, not his multiple children with multiple mothers or anyone else. I’m surprised this guy can even stand up straight without falling over from boredom and disinterest in his life, family or surroundings. Zzzzzzzzzzz.

• Love 12
On 12/23/2018 at 7:14 AM, Broken Ox said:

I haven't seen Friday's show yet, so my biggest question is: have those tots gotten their toys yet?  Santa is going to have to work extra hard with those collection bins still full on Christmas Eve.

As much as I'm okay with product placement for worthy causes, the cutoff date for collecting toys was a few weeks ago to allow for distribution.

And I like Chet, but "ehhhh, he's in uniform; close enough" doesn't jive. It's the Marines' gig.

On 12/21/2018 at 4:03 PM, Linny said:

In the spirit of Christmas, I'm not going to complain that Drew just had to reach out for Sonny's help today to "save Christmas," ensuring that Sonny/Carly/Jason got more camera time attended the hospital party. It made Monica happy that Jason was there, and I'm sure she's classy enough to overlook Sonny and Carly's unsightly history for one day, so that's what I'm going to do, too. 

However, if Sonny rescues the Q Thanksgiving next year....

• Love 1

well todays backflash was definitely a brain workout of who was who.  The only 2 I didn't remember was whoever was with Maxie and whoever was with Ned. Also don't remember the situation in that Jax and Courtney conceived a baby.  But I did delight in the nice Carly hair and Tracey!! 

Merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone!

• Love 4

Who was Alexis kissing at the hospital party? And what baby was she feeding? How did Courtney and Jax get pregnant when she’s apparently in love with Nicholas? I did like seeing Emily again. I always thought that actress was so pretty and a good actress too. Carly hasn’t really aged that much but Sonny has.

51 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Who was Alexis kissing at the hospital party? And what baby was she feeding? How did Courtney and Jax get pregnant when she’s apparently in love with Nicholas? I did like seeing Emily again. I always thought that actress was so pretty and a good actress too. Carly hasn’t really aged that much but Sonny has.

Courtney & Jax were married and she had a fling with Nikolas, IIRC.  

43 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

I think it was Rick and baby Molly.

Yep.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Blackie said:

Also don't remember the situation in that Jax and Courtney conceived a baby. 

Ha, you're lucky.  It involved a spooge cup.  And if I recall correctly, Spencer was the outcome.  And Carly and Jax? conspired to take the baby.

Jax and Courtney were going via the surrogacy route to have a baby together. Liz decided to take on the role because she and Lucky were poor. Yes, that would be the surgical nurse and the police officer.

In the middle of Carly's mental breakdown after Michael "died," she ran in the middle of the road and in order to avoid her, the car with Liz in it (and I think Jax) swerved and they lost the baby. By the time, they lost the baby Courtney grew indifferent to the baby and Jax and was spending time with Nikolas.

Eventually there was a miracle pregnancy and a couple of secret paternity tests which first declared Jax the father. We find out later that Jax blackmailed the doctor to lie to Courtney and it wasn't discovered until after Courtney died giving birth to Spencer.

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, Gam2 said:

Excuse my ignorance but how is Spencer Laura’s grandson? And he’s kind of young to be that kid born back in 2005 or so. I am so confused.

Nik is his father.  Courtney is his mother.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ciarra said:

Ha, you're lucky.  It involved a spooge cup.  And if I recall correctly, Spencer was the outcome.  And Carly and Jax? conspired to take the baby.

But these scenes were before all this weren't they? Wasn't Courtney saying she was pregnant and has was just declaring his love for her. If irrc she lost that baby and then they had to use a surrogate after that. I just forget how they ended up together to begin with. I think had was pursuing her with his money for awhile.

And ooh gross, wasn't this the era were Emily and sonny were getting "close"

When I wasn't looking at the screen I thought I heard Los talking to OK lucky but then she was with GV Lucky so not sure who I heard talking.

Sam and Jason still boring as ever, if that was the point of showing this episode.

Maxie should have been asked to be the godmother of Lucas's baby. Even if Sam and him have gotten close, Maxie grew up with him and not only is his adoptive father's niece, but the carrier of his sister's heart. Maybe when he gets a permanet kid, he will ask her. 

• Love 4

@Blackie, Nilyank summed it up much better than I.   I think I tried to block it all out, because, the horror. 

I want to go back in time and tell Patrick (and Noah) to get a decent haircut.  Sam wasn't clinically depressed back then.   It also looked like they had a budget of over $1.00.  Natalia Livingston and Alicia Willis in one episode.  Cruelty to viewers.

• Love 6

The thing that really stood out about today’s episode was how absolutely gorgeous the entire cast was.  Well, NL looked sort of ragged and AW was a little pale, but otherwise almost everyone looked great.  And when did JZ and LC decide to mess with their faces?  Even they looked good.  

Production values were so much better then.  The sets looked fabulous, not cheap and gray.  And I think the entire cast was represented on this Christmas show, not just a select few.  Georgie!  OG Dillon!  Ric! Alan!  Audrey! Lainey!  So many characters besides the unholy Trinity.  Even the red headed menace was there.  And more than a couple of kids.  

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Blackie said:

And ooh gross, wasn't this the era were Emily and sonny were getting "close"

The worst line in soap history - Emily to Sonny: "Don't you want to bang me?"

13 hours ago, Blackie said:

whoever was with Ned

Wasn't that Ned with Brooke Lynn near the end?

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Blackie said:

But these scenes were before all this weren't they? Wasn't Courtney saying she was pregnant and has was just declaring his love for her. If irrc she lost that baby and then they had to use a surrogate after that. I just forget how they ended up together to begin with. I think had was pursuing her with his money for awhile.

No, it was in the other order. The egg donation storyline with Liz, Jax, and Courtney was spring/summer 2005. That ended with the car accident that Carly (then played by Jennifer Bransford) caused to warm up the crowd for stabbing Emily with a sickle. The crazy Carly was even more destructive than the regular one.   

Anyway, weeks after the baby Liz was carrying for Jax and Courtney had been laid to rest (culminating in a graveside scene for Liz and Jax that I never want to watch again; I want it to remain as awful in my memory as I think it was), Courtney started to experience nausea. She thought it was stress, or just nothing, but it turned out that her uterus had not been completely ruined by...jumping into cold water when Alcazar was holding her on a boat? Something like that? Doesn't matter; outside our immediate purview.  

So by Christmas 2005, the sitch was that Courtney was pregnant, and she and Jax were reconciling. But she had had relations with both Jax and Nikolas in 2005, so the writing could have gone either way with it. (And what nilyank said.)  

Courtney would not see another Christmas.  Below, an early-model camera phone captured fan reactions to that.

celebrating.jpg

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Love 10

Jesus God you guys have good memories! Best I could do was place it after Mikey's return from the dead and before Courntey announced on her death bed that the baby was Nik's. (Not even sure if I am remembering that right.) Is this before Sam new Alexis was her mother? Strange to see actual sparks of consciousness inhabiting Sam and Jason. So Carly was mentally ill to the point of stabbing Emily?! How does this never come up during custody battles.  

Love these older episodes. A lot of gorgeousness and variety on display.  

I felt compelled to see how Dylan Cash matured and if he would look anything like CD. 

image.png

• Love 2

I think our throwback epsisode was preempted for basketball in the Philadelphia area. Unless, I totally missed it. Anyhoo, back to soap reality tomorrow. It shouldn’t be long until Sonny & Margaux have couch sex. It.will.drive.Carly.insane. LOL!!!!!

3 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I think our throwback epsisode was preempted for basketball in the Philadelphia area. Unless, I totally missed it. Anyhoo, back to soap reality tomorrow. It shouldn’t be long until Sonny & Margaux have couch sex. It.will.drive.Carly.insane. LOL!!!!!

Sadly, though Carly deserves it, I don't see it happening considering the insistence of showing Carly so insecure about it. This is all to make Sonny look like a saint when he keeps it in his pants. And prop Margaux to, I guess, and maybe the possibility of the couple.  I do think (hope) they do bang eventually once Carson implode through other means. Again Carly deserves it. 

I still do not get the writing for Carly last week. If they were trying to have her come off as the poor suffering wife of a cheating husband, it certainly didn't help having her male "best friend/substitute husband" rub her back and hold her hand while she patted herself in the back for being "strong", not weak like the other women who "failed" him, for being with Sonny through his difficult time, for not taking Sonny back should he ever cheat again (when he's never really cheated anyway, the vast majority of times they were on the ousts or separated when Sonny slept with someone else, same as Carly) all over one fucking scarf...it was just....bizarre. I actually would have felt something if Carly had stopped making it about her own ego and entitlement and made it more about true fear of loss because she loved Sonny that much and didn't want to lose him...but none of that was present in that scene.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 4

Courtney started to experience nausea. She thought it was stress, or just nothing, but it turned out that her uterus had not been completely ruined by...jumping into cold water when Alcazar was holding her on a boat? Something like that?

We must remember these stories and pass them along. If we don't, how many lives will be lost in the freezing waters off the coast of Bolivia? 

• Love 10
12 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Throwback was on Monday. 

And an Alzheimer's storyline without Sonnyness. What a difference.

It was fun trying to see which babies/kids were which.

Yeah, I do miss the Christmas Story, but I always hear it in the voice and inflection of Linus, down to the differences in passages.

How much has Leo been SORASed? The actor seems too old for the character.

Of course Carly's concern about Kevin is because he's ignoring her, LOL. She's also not in a position to give marriage advice, considering she's suddenly paranoid that Sonny is going to sleep with Margaux because he draped a scarf around her shoulders.

The pacing for the Kevin/Ryan story is SO SLOW. I have to stop and think what's going on every time it picks up.

I loved watching Liesl spar with Nelle; too bad most of it was lost to the news interruption.

• Love 1

Kiki was not some movie buff, or she would have mentioned it TO HER INDIE FILMMAKER BOYFRIEND!!!  Holy monkeys does it irritate me every time they trot that retcon characterization out.

I loved Dr. O being all, "Welp, I'll just hang on to this secret until I need it."  My girl!

Shut up, Josslyn.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Shut up, Josslyn.

You'd think that being the child of divorced parents herself she'd have a better understanding of why Kim and Drew aren't together. You'd think wrong.

If Julian decides to listen to this 15-year-old twit, he deserves whatever he gets. Good grief.

• Love 6
Just now, dubbel zout said:

If Julian decides to listen to this 15-year-old twit, he deserves whatever he gets. Good grief.

It's like when she wanted the bar for that stupid alternative dance, why does she think she can demand things from him when she's awful to him 99% of the time?

...because she's her mother's daughter, that's why.  Ugh, fuckin' Carly.

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

You'd think that being the child of divorced parents herself she'd have a better understanding of why Kim and Drew aren't together. You'd think wrong.

Oscar and Joss are fifteen? Oscar is too old to be 1) manipulating all the adults around him so that his parents can be together romantically and more importantly 1) encouraging his friends to also manipulate adults. Kim and Drew weren't ever a couple and he's only known Drew as his dad for a year!

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Kim and Drew weren't ever a couple and he's only known Drew as his dad for a year!

Seriously!  It's not as if Oscar was on the sidelines of a divorce between Kim and Drew and longs, while still childish-ly, for them to be reunited.  The status quo right now is the status quo that' s always been.

Shut.  Up.  Joss.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Seriously!  It's not as if Oscar was on the sidelines of a divorce between Kim and Drew and longs, while still childish-ly, for them to be reunited.  The status quo right now is the status quo that' s always been.

Shut.  Up.  Joss.

Right now the status quo is actually better for Oscar because he has his dad in his life when he never did before, and he has a sister!

The Kevin/Ryan story is making progress, FINALLY, but I'm forever-annoyed that Carly and Ava are in this story when they have no reason to be.

• Love 3

I don't think Oscar has said anything recently about wanting Kim and Drew to be a couple, has he? 

1 minute ago, LexieLily said:

The Kevin/Ryan story is making progress, FINALLY,

How? Ryan goes to Ferncliffe to taunt Kevin. He's done that before. Ryan creepily encourages Ava. He's done that before. Laura thinks something might be wrong with Kevin. She's done that before. I don't see the forward movement here.

4 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

How? Ryan goes to Ferncliffe to taunt Kevin. He's done that before. Ryan creepily encourages Ava. He's done that before. Laura thinks something might be wrong with Kevin. She's done that before. I don't see the forward movement here.

I was attempting to be optimistic, honestly. We saw Kevin for the first time in two months, he now knows that Ryan murdered two people, he had a flashback/hallucination of Laura, we know that he at least is thinking of a plan to get out. That's more than we've had in weeks. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

We saw Kevin for the first time in two months

You're right, that is progress!

I'm so annoyed with the pacing of this story, more than the pacing usually annoys me. What is Ryan's master plan here? He's got Kevin locked up, but he's got to know something's going to give with that eventually. Is he going to do something to Ava? Carly? (If only!) Does he just want to ruin Kevin, again? And don't get me started on Girl Reporter.

• Love 4

Joss needs to have a tall glass of STFU. I would ask what 15 y-o goes into someone's place of business and disrespects him like that, but I remembered whose daughter she is. Those scenes were terrible on so many levels. The entitled tone for one. 

Dear show, 

BM and TB have zero chemistry. Stop trying to make it happen.

Thank you ever so kindly,

Me.

• Love 18
3 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

You're right, that is progress!

I'm so annoyed with the pacing of this story, more than the pacing usually annoys me. What is Ryan's master plan here? He's got Kevin locked up, but he's got to know something's going to give with that eventually. Is he going to do something to Ava? Carly? (If only!) Does he just want to ruin Kevin, again? And don't get me started on Girl Reporter.

I feel like you are being sarcastic, @dubbel zout. Ha! But the pacing of this story is SO, SO off that it's cause for mini-celebration when we actually do get to see Kevin's struggle.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Joss needs to have a tall glass of STFU. I would ask what 15 y-o goes into someone's place of business and disrespects him like that, but I remembered whose daughter she is. Those scenes were terrible on so many levels. The entitled tone for one. 

Dear show, 

BM and TB have zero chemistry. Stop trying to make it happen.

Thank you ever so kindly,

Me.

That doesn't stop this show.  Think of all the pairings right now...none outside of maybe Becky/Roho actually have any chemistry.  MW/Lindstrom? maybe?

I'll add Valerie and Kristina. 

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Questions about the throwback episode.  

Who was the guy with Maxie?

who was the woman with Mac?

the silver haired fox with Audrey?

The guy with Lainey?

was that Brook Lynn with Ned?

I think the woman with Mac was Felicia played temporarily by Sandra Ferguson.

The silver haired guy I think (?) is Edward Quatermaine when he was being played by Jed Allen.

I believe that was Brook Lynn with Ned.

57 minutes ago, Sake614 said:

Questions about the throwback episode.  

Who was the guy with Maxie?

who was the woman with Mac?

the silver haired fox with Audrey?

The guy with Lainey?

was that Brook Lynn with Ned?

I think the woman with Mac was Felicia played temporarily by Sandra Ferguson.

The silver haired guy I think (?) is Edward Quatermaine when he was being played by Jed Allen.

I believe that was Brook Lynn with Ned.

• Love 2