Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

I can't help it, it drives me bonkers lol!  Because Charlotte also shouldn't be older than Rocco, given Britt was announcing her pregnancy with him while Lulu was being rescued from the fridge.

which triggers my irrational anger that Cameron should be older than Molly! Liz came back to town with Cam BEFORE Ric and Alexis got together. I will never stop complaining about this.

GH: bringing fans together through irrational rage 

• Love 5
35 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I wonder if anyone will tell Lucas (who?) that his cousin is dead.

Lucas didn't even get to meet his own (original) child, so I doubt it.

The fact that Mac and Felicia were both on-screen today, separately, both in scenes about Peter and Maxie's feelings for him, instead of having ANYTHING to do with the Laura/Kevin/Ryan story is everything that's wrong with this show. 

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 6

There are times I really like Epiphany and then there are times I can't stand her.  When she is all bossy is one of the times I can't stand her.  When she was first on the show, it would piss me off how disrespectful she would be to the doctors.  Today, when she was saying it was her hospital and her rules, it brought me back to when I was first introduced to her.  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

When she was first on the show, it would piss me off how disrespectful she would be to the doctors.  Today, when she was saying it was her hospital and her rules, it brought me back to when I was first introduced to her.  

Sometimes she was the only adult in the room, so I appreciated her lack of boundaries.

• Love 2

There are so many better ways to use Epiphany than having her chew out Anna over her relationship hang-ups. That was lame and not as funny as I'm sure they intended it to be. And I was distracted every time the camera pulled out enough to show the horribly dirty floor they were standing on. Use a damn mop once in a while, GH, jesus.

Ryan's "confession" was one of the most tenuous attempts at a fake out I've seen on this show. Ain't nobody buying it when they pull these stunts, so why bother? Ava's so emotionally fragile right now and is depending on Ryan so much that I truly can't wait to see how she's going to respond when she actually learns the truth of his deceit.

Maxie and Peter are in full-on Hallmark Channel movie territory where everything between them feels like a contrived cliché. I was into it at the beginning, but it's just falling flat for me now. Mac the over-protective dad can stay, though.

If Sonny feeding Margaux some sweet, sweet bullshit and wrapping a scarf around her neck is enough to put stars in her eyes, then we're going to be in for a treat when he gets around to serving her pasta. It's depressing how easily she's falling under his spell.

• Love 2

In other news, while I'm sure almost next-to-no time will be given over to this once he's finally rescued, poor Kevin is going to be devastated that his keeping Ryan a secret has cost two women their lives, two women that he knew.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

I don't know, I actually appreciated Epiphany today, and I normally find tell-it-like-it-is! Epiphany annoying at best and vaguely racially offensive at worst.

But I really needed someone to recognize that telling your boyfriend to go see his ex-girlfriend in Europe is truly bonkers. And since Jordan is Anna's only friend, apparently, and presently occupied with a murder, I will take my truth-telling anywhere I can. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I agree.  And it makes Anna look terrible that she could get past what happened to Robin, but the much shorter torture of her son drove her to bring Obrecht to justice.

Wait, WHAT?! (I have said repeatedly I no longer watch and haven't for years!) Some NOBODY drove Anna to finally want justice for Obrecht, but not because of her fucking DAUGHTER?! I feel one of @dubbel zout 's rage blackouts coming on...

I can only imagine how bad my blood pressure would be if I still watched...

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Wait, WHAT?! (I have said repeatedly I no longer watch and haven't for years!) Some NOBODY drove Anna to finally want justice for Obrecht, but not because of her fucking DAUGHTER?! I feel one of @dubbel zout 's rage blackouts coming on...

Mac told Peter whatever happened with Maxie he was stuck with the Scorpio-Joneses.

Can you hear me over the thunder in your ears, @WendyCR72 ?

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4
37 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

Anna did mentioned what Obrecht did to Robin when she was talking about it with Britt last week, but she mentioned LWB/FS's "ordeal" in the same breath, like they had equal weight.  Not.

Mostly, this thirst about tracking down Obrecht is actually about Anna bringing her boyfriend to work with her.  So lame and stupid.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

So Maxie harbors no doubts or suspicions about Peter. Not remotely weirded out that he helped keep Jason captive. Doesn't feel a little weird that he helped cause Nathan's death and stands to gain everything that was Nathan's if Maxie starts dating him. Why even bother doing any of that in the first place then?

Easton's hair looked so ridiculous, but I really can't think of what they could do to make it not look ridiculous.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

At least when he was John McBain, they'd tuck it under an LPD baseball cap sometimes.

(Not that he rocked it adorkably as Fish did, siiigh!).

For some reason he just looks so silly with short hair. But he looks silly with long hair too. I guess today would have been okay if his bang weren't in his eye. Poor Easton.

Years back, I joked about The Woman in White being the time-traveling Lulu/Stavros embryo. (C'mon. That's no less ridiculous than her being Helena's daughter, unless that ALSO involved time travel, because Helena is like 90 years old). The idea still amuses me.

Know what else amuses me? Joss having a secret burner phone with only one contact - Uncle Jerry. She makes one text and unleashes an unholy revenge against Sonny, whom she should hate for her father's sake.

I don't know why I'm of such a dark turn of mind with these blonde girlchildren.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Years back, I joked about The Woman in White being the time-traveling Lulu/Stavros embryo. (C'mon. That's no less ridiculous than her being Helena's daughter, unless that ALSO involved time travel, because Helena is like 90 years old). The idea still amuses me.

It's certainly a more clever idea than the current story.

9 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

Know what else amuses me? Joss having a secret burner phone with only one contact - Uncle Jerry. She makes one text and unleashes an unholy revenge against Sonny, whom she should hate for her father's sake.

IF ONLY.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, ByaNose said:

Wait! Molly and TJ were close friends with Kiki? I don't recall this with either KA or HE in the role. Did I miss this? 

I recall one scene of Kiki showing up with Molly and TJ at the Floating Rib, saying she didn't want to be the third wheel (very soon after she and Dillon broke up off-screen).  But this is also the show that tried to claim (with a conversation between Jordan and TJ) that TJ was really upset about the death of his good friend, Morgan. The only interaction between TJ and Morgan that I saw was right before Morgan died - TJ tried to stop him from stealing Julian's car and he punched TJ in the face as a thank you. 

• Love 3
On 12/2/2018 at 10:16 PM, ciarra said:

Can't it be a guy this time?  BM looks like he want someone to kill him.  Franco is a frontrunner.  Griffin?

Has for years. Frank continues to give him a contract as he only signs year to year.  

27 minutes ago, Bringonthedrama said:

Wait! Molly and TJ were close friends with Kiki?

TJ talked with Kiki once at the hospital, when Kiki, the pretty girl,  discovered that she got into the shadow program despite not being the best candidate. 

16 minutes ago, Hater said:

Has for years. Frank continues to give him a contract as he only signs year to year.  

And he's stuck between a Burton and Thompson. Can't be Jason on GH, can't go back to Y&R and be Billy. I can't think of an actor I've watched that looks like he gives less of a shit than BM. Even Mo has his own cue card reading way of "showing up." 

• Love 1

If Mac and Felicia are worried about Maxie's safety, they should suggest that she lock her front door.

FFS. Margaux has to listen to Sonny blather on at Morgan's grave to realize he misses him? Sonny can be a shitty person and still mourn his dopey kid and feel sorry for you. 

"I made some bad choices." That's some powerful understatement there, Sonny.

"These cops are pros. They're not in it to bury you. They're in it to solve the crime and they will." I fell off my sofa when Sonny sincerely complimented the PCPD. Also, he might remember all this the next time he's hauled in for something.

• Love 3

The first time I have ever felt anything for Griffin was in his scenes today. Finally, the man has a pulse (I found both him and Ava OTT yesterday). 

Fanna still look like bro/sis, but the moment at the end was kinda not bad. Anyway, I'm still certain my girl Hayden had nothing to do with that letter shit. She's not pinning for Finn's ass anymore than she's caring for the ratling he saddled her with. Because he/she went down the river like Baby Moses , I'm sure.

Ava is a moron for going along with Kevin's alibi. They're bound to catch her in the lie and it will be a hundred times worse when they do. I'm ready to get the murder shit over with though..I loathe Ava but seeing her screw the man who killed her daughter gives me the heebies.

Damn it Sonny why do you have to almost make me like you when you're with people that aren't Jarly or Michael? Still don't get where they are going with him and the DA....but I like them. Which I hate because I know the Mickey Mouse Mobster is going to end up fucking that up. Just go back to your italian leather sofa  mumbling out orders like a corpse to your sycophant cheerleaders so things stop being weird.

Minor goof, Margaux ended her scene with Sonny draped in his scarf..the next scene it was nowhere to be seen. Not on her, not in her hands, not stomped on on the ground. There's someone people hire to take care of those things..just sayin.

Eta: rewatching her alone scene, Margaux did tuck the scarf into her coat at the beginning. My bad.

Edited by Bawoman
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Bawoman said:

the ratling he saddled her with

How? Hayden told Finn she lost the baby. Also, if she wasn't on birth control, she's an idiot. And she could have gotten an abortion if she really didn't want the baby. 

• Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 1:03 PM, dubbel zout said:

Then he moved to the wrong soap. I can't think of a character introduced in the past decade that has been interesting. This show is TERRIBLE at incorporating poeple into it.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's been able to hang on because he's so good-looking. That age group of men is basically him and LWB/FS.

Finn was interesting with Tracy. And then Jane left, and TBH-I don't think I've watched more than a total of half an hour of GH altogether since then. So I can't swear Finn is no longer interesting. I defer to those suffering through his Tracy-less scenes to make that determination.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Whaaaaaat? Since when does Pip approve of romance in the workplace? RETCON.

She went from disapproving of Robin and Patrick's romance/hook-ups in the workplace, to being a Patrick & Sabrina shipper and singing Sabrina's praises when everyone thought Robin was dead. It is not surprising that she would be written as a shipper to prop yet another awkward/anti-chemistry "relationship." So, no comment to Finn like, "I used to tell your girlfriend's daughter and son-in-law what I'm saying to you now...this is a HOSPITAL, people! Not a (insert colorful description here)!" 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

"I made some bad choices." That's some powerful understatement there, Sonny.

I love when he told Margeux that his dad left him when he was a kid, so basically they're the same.  Yeah, except MARGEUX DIDN'T SHOOT MIKE DEAD, you narcissistic asshole.

Edited by Cheyanne11
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I love when he told Margeux that his dad left him when he was a kid, so basically they're the same.  Yeah, except MARGEUX DIDN'T SHOOT MIKE DEAD, you narcissistic asshole.

I'd really wish he'd just admit the truth to her and apologize. THAT would actually show growth more so than childhood sob stories. And it's not like she'd be able to do anything about it seeing as there is no evidence and even if there was, she'd have to implicate her mom which we know she won't do now.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I love when he told Margeux that his dad left him when he was a kid,

THIS.  I wish she would have said, "yes, but your dad came back and is in the bedroom down the hall.  Mine's right here, under the earth".  Because shut up Sonny.  

• Love 10

I still can't figure out which was worse:  Sonny counseling a DA whose father he killed in cold blood at her father's grave site or Sonny counseling a former priest/neurosurgeon - after Sonny waltzed right into PCPD.  No wonder the other plots not headlined by a member of the Corinthos clan seem like a breath of fresh air - even FH appears rather happy playing a high school teenager in love.

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

I still can't figure out which was worse:  Sonny counseling a DA whose father he killed in cold blood at her father's grave site or Sonny counseling a former priest/neurosurgeon - after Sonny waltzed right into PCPD.

And both incidents are presented as perfectly normal and Sonny being such a great, caring person. Good grief.

43 minutes ago, sunnyface said:

even FH appears rather happy playing a high school teenager in love

She's probably relieved she's working with a scene partner who gives her something back.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, sunnyface said:

I still can't figure out which was worse:  Sonny counseling a DA whose father he killed in cold blood at her father's grave site or Sonny counseling a former priest/neurosurgeon - after Sonny waltzed right into PCPD.  No wonder the other plots not headlined by a member of the Corinthos clan seem like a breath of fresh air - even FH appears rather happy playing a high school teenager in love.

I thought it was hilarious the cop that brought Sonny to see Griffin said a friend was there to see him as if she had no clue who Sonny was.  And I guess  Jordan didn't inform her staff that a bunch of people had already sneaked into the integration room  to see Griffin.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, sacrebleu said:

which triggers my irrational anger that Cameron should be older than Molly! Liz came back to town with Cam BEFORE Ric and Alexis got together. I will never stop complaining about this.

GH: bringing fans together through irrational rage 

Morgan's headstone put a birth year before I was (re)watching the show with NutmegsMom, and before we even met.

• Love 1

I know you guys hate Franco but I really like that scene between him and Cameron today. That was a really nice thing for Cam to do.

Also fuck Charlotte.  Poor Aiden.  God that poor kid.  And I want Lulu to punch Nina in the face. 

• Love 12

Nina is ridiculously incompetent when it comes to parenting Charlotte and her behavior has kind of run its course for me.

I enjoyed Joss and Cameron so much more than Joss and Oscar.  And why was the placebo group never brought up when discussing the drug trial?  Some people are always in the placebo group and they don't tell you that's the group you are in. I wonder how long it will be before Oscar has his miracle cure (which will annoy the fire out of me since he has a real condition for which there is no cure - you want to do a miracle cure? do it with a condition that people don't already have that is a death sentence) and they get on with the Cam-Joss-Oscar triangle.  I want wait on that one. I don't see the Oscar kid being a strong enough actor to pull it off.

This likely belongs in the unpopular opinion thread, but I like the Drew Franco friendship.  I feel like this show doesn't have enough friendships. Drew's friendships with Curtis and Franco are refreshing.  Too bad he is used in the Oscar storyline the majority of the time. He works so much better, in my opinion, when he isn't playing strictly the role of grieving father.

Regarding Chad Duell.  How can an actor be so void of chemistry with every single person in his orbit?  I don't feel the brotherly vibe when he is around Joss.  I don't feel him as the son/step-son of Carly and Sonny. I don't even feel it when he is around any of the Quartermaines.  And forget him with a girl.  How can someone so cardboard be as protected as he has been?

This was an episode void of Jason, Sonny, and Sam so it is currently my favorite of the week.

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Regarding Chad Duell.  How can an actor be so void of chemistry with every single person in his orbit?  I don't feel the brotherly vibe when he is around Joss.  I don't feel him as the son/step-son of Carly and Sonny. I don't even feel it when he is around any of the Quartermaines.  And forget him with a girl.  How can someone so cardboard be as protected as he has been?

I would say friend of MB (and SB) but that didn't help Drew Garret, so I don't know. He did have some chemistry with Tracy, but that is the power of Tracy. I did think he and Brydog had some brotherly chemistry when they got to goof around and act like brothers, but that didn't happen often.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

He had great father-son chemistry with Sean Canan's AJ. Before the show runners fucked it all up.

• Love 12

"The only person to cause Ava's estrangement with Kiki is Ava." I hate that the show is making the only villain in the piece Ava.  Kiki and Griffin slept together when Griffin was supposed to be faithful to Ava.

I can finally say something good about Valentin -- that he's not following Nina and her "if it even happened, Charlotte is an angel" line. He seems to be learning the evil of his ways at least wrt Nina so that's a positive.

Oscar being wiped out from the treatment is playing to GS's acting strength, no energy.  The kid playing Cameron is so much better an actor.

Michael proves he's a true son of Carly and Sonny by storming into the police station and demanding an accounting from Griffin as if the judicial system worked for him personally.  It seems to be going around these days.  Willow would be much better off with Chase than Michael.

The scene where Drew went to Franco was nice. There needs to be more friendships on the show that isn't about the Corinthos clan.

14 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

And why was the placebo group never brought up when discussing the drug trial?  Some people are always in the placebo group and they don't tell you that's the group you are in.

For something like this, they don't need a placebo group because it's been established that a placebo doesn't affect that kind of cancer.  The trial would be various treatment groups or different amounts of treatment.

I was in a drug trial and halfway through it, I got an update that it wasn't working.  I was shocked that they would tell me that, and then I realized that my knowing didn't make any difference -- the only measure was whether the condition reoccurred, not whether I believed the drug was working or not.

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I would say friend of MB (and SB) but that didn't help Drew Garret, so I don't know. He did have some chemistry with Tracy, but that is the power of Tracy. I did think he and Brydog had some brotherly chemistry when they got to goof around and act like brothers, but that didn't happen often.

Wasn't Garrett openly hostile and annoying?  I think it's definitely his friendship with the unholy three that has kept him on this show.  He has it in with them and that's all that really matters.  Burton being back probably is an even better scenario for him.  

Edited by Hater
  • Love 1

Nina needs to take several seats. Her parenting of Charlotte sucks and she helped create a monster. I would love to see the venom Charlotte has directed at Aiden be directed at Nina, see how she feels after that, being on the receiving end of the demon child. Nina needs to take a hike and let Lulu and Valentin deal with the situation. 

I really like Cameron. The actor can hold his own and his character comes off as earnest and genuine.

• Love 12