Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

They SORASed Michael: Dylan Cash went into the coma and Drew Garrett came out after a year. Cash and Garrett are five years apart IRL.

I understand that.  But, in universe, was Michael in a coma for 1 year, or for most of his teen years?  It makes a huge difference.  

14 minutes ago, Katy M said:

I understand that.  But, in universe, was Michael in a coma for 1 year, or for most of his teen years? 

I think at least five years because Guza SORAS'd all the other kids (except poor Cagney) at the same time

I'm fairly sure Michael was in a coma for a year in show.   I could swear it was discussed as a year and I remember Michael graduating with Kristina who was only a year younger than him as SORASd.  If he'd been in a coma for 5 years, he would have missed all of high school, not just a year. 

Random question. What are the out of the blue dimples popping up on KS face? She started getting one her cheek. Now, I see a new one by her mouth and her other cheek. There not pimples but dimples or holes. Just kind of weird. I really noticed it yesterday when she was under the bright lights with Nina. For some reason, I’m not listening to a thing she’s saying. I’m just looking at her face. I know it’s rude but I can’t help myself.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Random question. What are the out of the blue dimples popping up on KS face? She started getting one her cheek. Now, I see a new one by her mouth and her other cheek. There not pimples but dimples or wholes. Just kind of weird. I really noticed it yesterday when she was under the bright lights with Nina. For some reason, I’m not listening to a thing she’s saying. I’m just looking at her face. I know it’s rude but I can’t help myself.

She's had terrible skin issues the last few years. Something is very off.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Hater said:

She's had terrible skin issues the last few years. Something is very off.

At first, I thought it was because she was really pregnant which I could understand. Then she tweeted out that she wasn’t pregnant in real life. 

Edited by ByaNose
23 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

Random question. What are the out of the blue dimples popping up on KS face? 

They're pockmarks. She had severe acne two years ago. It was severe enough they blurred her chin on the show.

They've been there but they are usually covered up with make-up and she usually doesn't have a harsh bright light on her face.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 1
On 4/11/2018 at 2:44 PM, Linny said:

The "model citizen" line didn't bother me too much given Franco's look of "ehhh, I don't know about that" in response, but yeah, it wouldn't hurt for him to actually admit to the things he's done post-tumor. It's like we're not supposed to remember or care about Avery's kidnapping, keeping Tom Baker in a cage, etc. Just because he hasn't killed anyone since the tumor was removed doesn't mean he's suddenly wholly respectable.

This.  (Although the “model citizen” line did make me cringe because, really, Kevin??  But then Franco’s reaction to it made it better.)

23 hours ago, LillyB said:

I may be a dummy but I don't understand why Sam would want to be with the jerk who suggested that she abort her "rape" baby/

I had forgotten about this. In fact, hadn’t Jason and Sam called it quits for awhile, and had just decided to give it another try before he got shot, or something?  I must be wrong, because clearly they cannot live without each other. Carly says so!

10 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Is this a Michael/Maxie chem test?

Haven’t seen this yet, but please God, no.  Don’t drag Maxie down into that void of vanilla blah that is Michael.

7 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

It's also hard to tell because they've, and I can't believe I'm saying this, dumbed Carly down.  "Who, oh who, could want to hurt me like this!".  Really, Carls?  That she hasn't even mentioned the possibility that it's Nelle is ridic.

Say what you will about Carly, one thing she is not is stupid.  Until now.  That’s possibly the most irritating thing about this whole debacle.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

I think [Michael] had an imaginary friend for a little while...

Imaginary Jodie.  Oh, what a horrible story that was. I guess it wasn't a terrible idea, but the execution and the acting were the pits. Michael got a very early start in his unwatchable love stories. The girlfriends who actually existed would be little better.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Say what you will about Carly, one thing she is not is stupid.  Until now.  That’s possibly the most irritating thing about this whole debacle.

Sleeping with the man who tortured her best friend, kidnapped her daughter, and got her son raped in prison was pretty stupid, IYAM.

12 hours ago, dubbel zout said:
12 hours ago, Katy M said:

So, did he lose a year of his life, or 8?

They SORASed Michael: Dylan Cash went into the coma and Drew Garrett came out after a year. Cash and Garrett are five years apart IRL.

In retrospect, it would have been more interesting if he went into regeneration mode and came out looking like Peter Capaldi.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, RachelKM said:

I'm fairly sure Michael was in a coma for a year in show.   I could swear it was discussed as a year and I remember Michael graduating with Kristina who was only a year younger than him as SORASd.  If he'd been in a coma for 5 years, he would have missed all of high school, not just a year. 

So, he was like 15 or 16 when he was shot, and not a little kid.  That also makes a difference, IMO.  Have I mentioned my hatred of SORASing recently?  I'm sure I have.

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 5:30 PM, ouinason said:

I.. well, I was going to say I like this backstory for Franco, but... it's icky, so I'll say I like the layers that it adds to Franco's actions over the years.  Not an excuse, or a "redemption" or whatever, but more reasoning behind actions that seemed really off, even for him.

It adds a layer to JaSam, who doesn't care (la la la la la fingers in ears la la la la la) because of what happened to Michael and to Sam, even with Franco's self-reflection. It definitely puts him in a better light than Sonny, who can explain away that his stepfather locked in a closet, and he can't step back from the Mob because there as tem people worse ready to take over, and oh poor him.

If Franco had Sonny's ego, he would have refused to have the tumor removed, because there are ten other psychopathic serial murderers out there.

18 hours ago, Perkie said:

Found the clip.  Starts at 3:46.  He clearly says "the problem was wrapped in a shower curtain", but doesn't say if he was already dead.  If Sonny shot him then the gun is an issue, but if he just buried Scully's gun with the body, then there would be no blowback on Sonny, other than that he was working for Scully at the time.

Doing the math and a little SpyderFinder searching, I'd be on board with this sidetracked storyline if the body in question was Don Draper's.

19 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Has no one on this show, especially Sonny and Carly, stopped to consider that the one real threat to Sonny's business is Drew, because he has Jason's memories and thus has firsthand knowledge of everything criminal Sonny has done in the last decade?

And isn't Drew's memories in some backup device, or is that just the procedure to fix Drew's memories? 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Katy M said:

So, he was like 15 or 16 when he was shot, and not a little kid. 

I think he was more like 12/13/14. 

8 minutes ago, NutmegsDad said:

And isn't Drew's memories in some backup device, or is that just the procedure to fix Drew's memories? 

Just the procedure, I believe. I wonder if they've decided to drop that, because we haven't heard anything about it for ages. Or maybe it's just on ice until LWB/FS gets revealed.

10 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think he was more like 12/13/14. 

Then he would have had to have been 13/14/15 when he came out of his coma.  He was older than that.

Remember when Michael was an ELQ intern or whatever for six seconds?  That would have been a good place to give him friends, rivals, a peer group in general. 

That would certainly be more interesting than him being CEO of a major international corporation and still having plenty of time to hold his parents' hands every five seconds.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 2
29 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Michael was older when he came out of his coma because they SORASed him. That was one of the reasons for the coma. 

And a coma was never more celebrated by me.  

I remember Michael was actually born right after Christmas 1997.  So I guess he's been SORAS'd around 5-7 years?

52 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Michael was older when he came out of his coma because they SORASed him. That was one of the reasons for the coma. 

I understand that he was SORASed.  But, by the laws of logic, he either had to be in a coma for a year and have been shot when he was like 15/16.  Or he had to have been in a coma for 5 years or so.  He couldn't have been shot at 12, remained in a coma for 1 year and woken up at the age of 16/17.  So, since the consensus seems to be that the show says he was in a coma for a year, he was therefore 15/16 when he was shot.

On 4/12/2018 at 1:45 AM, LillyB said:

I may be a dummy but I don't understand why Sam would want to be with the jerk who suggested that she abort her "rape" baby/

Well for the same crazy reason that Jason would be willing to be with the woman who paid to have his child terrorized and then allowed said child to be kidnapped by an unstable woman who could have murdered Jake or sold him.   

2 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Sleeping with the man who tortured her best friend, kidnapped her daughter, and got her son raped in prison was pretty stupid, IYAM.

I agree, but that was RC's insane, ridiculous crap storytelling to give RH a storyline because RC made the horrific mistake of casting him as Franco.  God, what was he smoking to think that was a great idea?  I'm so glad he's gone.

On 4/11/2018 at 6:43 PM, HeatLifer said:

Seriously, what have they done to Anna? This is mainly a rhetorical question as she's been nauseating for a number of years, but bringing Emma along to Switzerland with her and Jason? This entire plot just seems like fanfic gone wrong. 

Anna is desperate to keep Jason from bringing any harm to her son, but or course she won't tell Jason that secret because she's ashamed.  So instead, she lies and manipulates, as if the truth isn't going to come out eventually.  Jason isn't going to do anything with Emma around, and Anna knows it.  I find it interesting that Jason has been forthcoming with information he has obtained to both Anna and Drew, and both treated him poorly.  Anna is lying threw her teeth and keeping things from him even though he knows she's lying, and Drew is just an ass in general.

On 4/12/2018 at 5:53 AM, sunnyface said:

It does seem like SBu is at least trying but FH's heart sure doesn't seem to be in it for those Jason propping scenes.

Poor Liz.

It's not propping.  It's the truth.  I know many hate Jason, but what Anna said was true, and it was nice to have the writers have a character say it outloud.

21 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Liked the Maxie and Michael scenes, both as a chem test and as more Baby Swap 2018 setup with them bonding and Nelle seething when she spotted them. 

I have always felt that Maxie and Michael had chemistry, and they proved it yesterday.  It's a bonus that Nelle's head exploded seeing them together, and I love Maxie's snark where Nelle is concerned.  "You can go sit over there."  LOL, loved it.  I like Maxie better with Michael than with Peter.  I know GH loves to have characters sleep with entire families, but it would be nice for Maxie to NOT sleep with two brothers.  Besides Michael can use a Maxie in his life, and Maxie deserves a Michael who would take care of her.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Bishop said:

I find it interesting that Jason has been forthcoming with information he has obtained to both Anna and Drew, and both treated him poorly.  Anna is lying threw her teeth and keeping things from him even though he knows she's lying, and Drew is just an ass in general.

I've been liking Drew a lot more since they revealed he isn't Jason, but I cannot stand how he treats Jason - and Jason gets on my nerves in the worst way.  There is no reason for him to hate Jason like he does.  Jason was victimized just like Drew was. Jason lost 5 years of his life.  Drew ended up assuming Jason's life, through no fault of either's own, so it isn't Jason's fault that he is still in love with Sam. I get Drew being upset at the entire situation because it completely sucks.  However, there's no reason he can't be cordial to Jason.  That would go a long way in helping that character, I think, and make him one that I REALLY like.  Maybe that's why they don't.  Can't have someone be liked over Carly, Sonny, and Jason.

• Love 3

1. So she has evidence some of the events are real. Wouldn't he have to order a chem panel, MRI and cat scan, and a neuropsych exam?

2. More importantly, whould every single person on the care team start the conference with "There is a working phone booth!?!"

I kinda wish Kim had somehow overheard Carly and Griffin talking about giving birth with a bullet in the head.  "Ouch, that sounds like it really hurt!".

Mike thinking Avery is SWSNBN is some kind of child abuse, surely.

Hi, Robert!

• Love 2

We all know there's not a damn thing wrong with Carly (clinically speaking, anyway) so recapping her medical history to Griffin was inconsequential, but I loved how casually she recalled Morgan's fucked up birth. A bullet in the brain while having a baby, just an everyday problem in the life of crime, no big deal.

Is Sonny still suitably upset over Mike? Yes? Okay then, Stella, thanks for checking in and clearing that up for us.

Robert showing up and instantly being skeptical of Anna's decision to work with Jason and involve Emma was everything. He's just the best, and he (unlike Jason) has the right to question Anna's intentions and make sure she's not getting in over her head. When Jason does it comes across as if he knows better than Anna, but Robert's concerns come from a place of caring, and that makes all the difference.

"Are you a 42 reg?" "I don't know, you'd have to ask Carly." GOODBYE, this exchange killed me. It's such a man thing to say, but usually the woman in reference is his WIFE, not his intrusive barnacle of a bestie.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

However, there's no reason he can't be cordial to Jason.  That would go a long way in helping that character, I think, and make him one that I REALLY like.  Maybe that's why they don't.  Can't have someone be liked over Carly, Sonny, and Jason.

And BINGO! They're clearly not willing to commit to making Drew some secret evil bad guy (at least not yet. That might change with different writers or sometime down the road) but they have to do something to make him seem like the less desirable option against St. Jason. So the answer is to make him seem like a completely insecure, irrational, raging asshole to Jason while Jason treats him politely. Because it's not like St. Jason will ever engage in such menial emotions as jealousy and insecurity. "Stone Cold" is above that stuff.

Yeah they need to do that to make Drew semi-unlikable next to Jason because the fact is in many ways it's the opposite. As someone else noted, Billy Miller has a natural warmth that comes through in scenes with his onscreen love interests, children and even characters like Franco and that allows him to be likable and warm in a way Jason is simply not. I mean consider Drew's scenes with Monica, even when he still thought he was Jason.

There was more warmth between those two than Jason has ever had with Monica since he got brain damaged. Even in the latter years when he was more cordial to the family, there was always a coldness between them. So they have to make Drew antagonistic and rude to Jason so they can continue to peddle the bullshit rewrite about his supposedly being controlling with Sam and her not being herself with him because she's oh so afraid to be. Whatever...

Personally, as long as the only person Drew continues to be an asshole to is Jason, I will continue to like the character just fine. I mean it's not like there aren't enough people kissing Jason's ass.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

And BINGO! They're clearly not willing to commit to making Drew some secret evil bad guy (at least not yet. That might change with different writers or sometime down the road) but they have to do something to make him seem like the less desirable option against St. Jason. So the answer is to make him seem like a completely insecure, irrational, raging asshole to Jason while Jason treats him politely. Because it's not like St. Jason will ever engage in such menial emotions as jealousy and insecurity. "Stone Cold" is above that stuff. Yeah they need to do that to make Drew semi-unlikable next to Jason because the fact is in many ways it's the opposite.

As someone else noted, Billy Miller has a natural warmth that comes through in scenes with his onscreen love interests, children and even characters like Franco and that allows him to be likable and warm in a way Jason is simply not. So they have to make him antagonistic and rude to Jason so they can continue to peddle the bullshit rewrite about his supposedly being controlling with Sam and her not being herself with him because she's oh so afraid to be. Whatever...

I love Drew’s Jason hate and will continue to like it. There should be at least one person who doesn’t lick lassies ass on the canvas. But agree with your assessment.

Edited by Hater
  • Love 10
42 minutes ago, Linny said:

Robert showing up and instantly being skeptical of Anna's decision to work with Jason and involve Emma was everything. He's just the best, and he (unlike Jason) has the right to question Anna's intentions and make sure she's not getting in over her head. When Jason does it comes across as if he knows better than Anna, but Robert's concerns come from a place of caring, and that makes all the difference.

I'm biased, because I wish Anna had brought Dante along with her, but these scenes of Anna going "oh ha ha stubborn Jason I know you just want to slam down the door and kill everyone, but let me just wheedle you into doing it my way even though I'm Anna Devane."

I also hate that whenever Jason asks her about what she's keeping she doesn't just say, "yes, I am keeping something and no, I'm not telling you."

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 3

Poor Griffin. That appointment with Carly had to be the worst one of his professional career, listening to her go on and on and on.

45 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I kinda wish Kim had somehow overheard Carly and Griffin talking about giving birth with a bullet in the head.  "Ouch, that sounds like it really hurt!".

LOL. Or (though it may be too on the nose): "That happened to someone I know!"

I'm no doctor, but shouldn't Griffin have Carly get an MRI instead of a CT scan if he's going to look inside her noggin?

38 minutes ago, Linny said:

Is Sonny still suitably upset over Mike? Yes? Okay then, Stella, thanks for checking in and clearing that up for us.

As long as Sonny yells at Mike, we'll know he's upset, because we all know Sonny's feelings are the ones that count here. And why is Sonny only now finding out that there will indeed be a day where Mike doesn't recognize him? The pacing for this story is absurd.

"Mr. Corinthos, what your father needs now more than anything is kindness, compassion, and empathy." Wrong person to be telling that to, Stella, because Sonny can't give that to anyone. Also how gross is it that Sonny didn't reciprocate the first-name basis?

• Love 2

I am not in favor of Nelle's gaslighting Snarly but I do understand her fear that Snarly will try and get custody of the baby away from Nelle. Nelle knows what Carson did to Ava.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, LillyB said:

I am not in favor of Nelle's gaslighting Snarly but I do understand her fear that Snarly will try and get custody of the baby away from Nelle. Nelle knows what Carson did to Ava.

But it is not really about the baby. It's about Michael. She is afraid that she won't be able to get Michael back if Carly was around. She esclated things because Michael keeps putting the brakes on her trying to bond with him by moving out of the Q mansion and dating other women.

• Love 2

Carly would meddle no matter what, but Nelle knows the only reason Michael is still talking to her is because she's having his baby. So she has to try to neutralize Carly. Of course, once Michael finds out what Nelle is doing, that's another mark against her. Nelle is not thinking long-term here. She's a terrible schemer.

• Love 2

Today was the first time I felt Nelle's scheme felt like it had some rest to it. Also, for once the note felt like something Morgan would leave. "LIKE MEET ME AT THAT PLACE WHERE WE DID THAT THING ONE TIME, 'K?"

28 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Why did the babysitter leave Avery alone with Mike?

Carly did not tell her Mike was ill. Hope Ava rips into her.

That said, why do they make Ava so pathetic? Her moaning about what is he hiding from her, sheesh.

They couldn't at least get a stand-in for Sam? Jason staring straight at the camera was creepy.

Robert and Emma were cute.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, LillyB said:

Let us not forget she did the same thing to AJ.  Carly and Sonny have a long history of stealing children from their parents and often use illegal and sleazy tactics.  Carly has already threatened Nelle with this.  I can't say that I blame Nelle for going after Carly.        

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Carly did not tell her Mike was ill. Hope Ava rips into her.

Carly and Sonny didn't tell the woman hired to care for Avery that Avery's grandfather has dementia and should not be allowed to leave the house alone with her? Stellar parenting, guys.

• Love 6

Stella was she's not screeching at Jordan is actually a compelling character who has a lot empathy and kindness even if the person on the receiving deserved none of that. But I did appreciate the quiet and the tone of the scene. 

• Love 4