Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

And I still don't understand what personal vendetta either Bill or Patricia could have against Sonny. Was that part of the story dropped?

Sonny is probably believed to be responsible for the death of Patricia's friend/child/neighbor/dog/neighbor's dog/first grade teacher, but it will turn out that Julian did it all along. 

For all of Carey's faults, at least she actually works and makes her money legitimately.

But her work come from someone else handing her a business to run, usually someone she's been sleeping with.  (I can't remember exactly how she maneuvered her way into owning part of the MetroCourt, but I know it wasn't Carly working her way up on her own).  And her last business (the night club) was funded with mob money from Sonny. 

• Love 5
It should come out that Lucky's been staying with Aunt Pat the past three years. That's who the rocks guided him to!

I thought they had Laura reveal that was her when she came back last year - that she met him in Ireland.

They did, I was joking. :)

And I still don't understand what personal vendetta either Bill or Patricia could have against Sonny. Was that part of the story dropped?

I still don't understand why Faison wanted Sonny's territory in late 2012.

• Love 3

That plot point still drives me fucking insane. It made absolutely no sense and was never paid off. I'm definitely looking forward to Ron explaining it away in a line or two next month, in which Fluke reveals that he and Faison were in cahoots (as we already know), and that Faison-Duke's little scheme was simply the advance team. I mean, fine, yes, that works, but they're still just piling every random bit of nonsense on top of another at this point like an endless Jenga tower made of dicks and acting like it's all a rich pre-planned tapestry that totally hangs together.

I actually wanted to be clear on Laura in Ireland myself, so I'm glad I wasn't imagining it. But yes, I got the joke.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

Carly is all sunshine and roses today. Why can't she pay for anything, ever?

She was more upset about Todd, with the drinking and the chopping off her hair.  Hand the woman a bottle of bourbon and some kitchen shears, I say.

• Love 3

I'm guessing it wasn't suppose to be ironic that Bobbie was trying to get Micahel to forgive Carly... while Carly's having casual conversations about sex and NYE earnings with someone she barely likes, oh and talking Ish on his sisters mom. Yup, Carly reaaallly deserves to be let off this burden she's been weighed down by since Michael cut her off.

Lulu calling herself a train wreck in the Johnny/Lulu days was the most self-awareness anyone has shown on the show in a while.

Johnny should have called Ethan to celebrate being out of jail, since we're getting pointless characters returning. Then they could have gove on a double BroDate with Julian and Carlos, before Julian puts this stupid plan in motion. Carlos was just in jail, he never saw people being "gotten too" on the inside? Oookay. I wonder if this is a way to get Julian/Ava together in scenes plotting.

• Love 2

It really is totally situational character and story - reintroducing Michael now shows how glaringly dissonant everything else Carly's currently up to really is. But you can say that about so many things on the show. It only matters when they want it to matter and it doesn't until or after that, so don't complain, they're the only ones left caring about soap opera.

• Love 5

Poor puppies!  :-(  Change it to...mice. No one would miss sacrificed mice, would they?

As long as no one mentions horses because then the Nina will flip her shit right out and talk nonstop for weeks about the amazing, incredible "Allegra" I think the mare's name was...

I don't understand how relish, crackers and champagne are a good snack. 

We "townies" are just too common to get it I'm sure would be Ron's reply

• Love 3

I think that Julian going to prison is a way to get Julian and Sonny getting together to take down Fluke. That way they both can be heroes. Yuck.

Carly is all sunshine and roses today. Why can't she pay for anything, ever?

You forgot about Franco add Franco to mix and...Bingo.

When did Olivia and Carly become friends again?

They started talking again after Olivia and Sonny broke up.  Olivia joined Ron's backtracking exposition for why Carly chose to be with Franco and then encouraged her to confront her feelings for Sonny.

Carly is just a terrible person with zero self awareness.

No kidding; it was on full display when she said "leave it to Alexis to make it all about her."  Say what?  Carly is the queen of making it all about her. 

And I thought it was odd that Tracey made the comment about Olivia being 3 for 3 and they went with Sonny, Julian and Steve???? Doesn't Johnny seem like the more appropriate name to list?  Steve is in jail but he was hardly a career criminal like the other 3.

• Love 3

Perhaps Luke accidentally killed Pat during an argument-and the DID-if there is one-is because of that? His mind split(they could even say his alter ego is what caused him to do most of his rotten stuff.) After all, the disco rape wasn't long after he came back to town, was it?

So, it really is DID-and when he said "what HE did to his sister"-he's been talking about himself all along.  Still doesn't explain the whole Sonny vendetta or the ELQ obsession(and was it or wasn't it also revenge against Tracy? I've long forgotten). 

So, so ready for it to just be over.

• Love 4

Sam. Sam should be on Michael's side and tell him it's okay to feel how he feels. And she knows exactly how Sonny and Carly can be…especially Carly.

Yea really. Has Sam even talked to Michael since the reveal? Or like in the last year?

See, Dante expressing sympathy for Johnny's motivations over killing Anthony was why I always complained that him being on the "AJ is fat and evil" train never made any sense. He didn't have to like him but the intense antipathy made no sense.

I loved Dante being able to understand Johnny killing Anthony and expressing how not super awful it is to not have Anthony around anymore, but yea, it really just made me even more pissed about what an asshole he was to AJ.

Actually, I think Ron blinked and Fluke is no longer Bill Eckert.  The anvils were just too on-the-nose today.  And I don't think they brought up the long-lost sister for nothing.  It'll be her son or some such garbage.

I think it's like 50/50 odds it's Bill or Pat/a Pat relative. I am so legit scared that RC is gonna make Fluke Pat. You know he would try that shit. And I feel like it's pretty obvious that Fluke was originally gonna be Bill and I believe it's pretty obvious RC is petty as shit, so I can easily see him being mad that everyone called Bill immediately.

If Johnny is the catalyst to free Dante, I'm all for this ridiculous rewrite BS of Johnny/Lulu.

Same. When Anna told Dante to close the door I was like ooooh she wants a quckie! Free Dante! Dante/Anna forever!

I think that Julian going to prison is a way to get Julian and Sonny getting together to take down Fluke. That way they both can be heroes. Yuck

GROSS GROSS GROSS GROSS GROSS.

And I still don't understand what personal vendetta either Bill or Patricia could have against Sonny.

I still don't understand a single thing.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

I love how Bobbie equated Michael not being able to have a relationship with his lying liar who lies mother (whose lie was the murder of his bio-dad) to a "grudge."  Its not like he is upset she didn't buy him a car or something.  Jeez.  

And how long before the commish's office is grey?  The Q has now been hit.  Its only a matter of time.  

The ELQ office has to be the most pathetic set on this show though.  This is supposed to be the CEO office of an international corporation.  How about having the furniture match at least and not look like something they grabbed off a sidewalk.  Home offices are better decorated.

Yeah, I cared more about looking at the sets than the actual stories because....eh.

• Love 4

And how long before the commish's office is grey?  The Q has now been hit.  Its only a matter of time.  

That reminded me that I meant to comment on how dreadful the Q living room looked. Was it lighted differently or something? It was so dull.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1

I mean, Carly doesn't need to be drowning in her misery every moment.  But her breezy attitude is so grating, you guys.

I don't see why not. God knows she's caused enough misery over the years. Can't she at least be a little miserable right now?

I love how Bobbie equated Michael not being able to have a relationship with his lying liar who lies mother (whose lie was the murder of his bio-dad) to a "grudge."  Its not like he is upset she didn't buy him a car or something.  Jeez.  

Seriously. Hey, Bobbie, you dumbass, remember when Carly's 'grudge' was against you because you decided not to raise her in a house of ill repute? Remember what happened because of that? Go sit down. On a hand grenade.

• Love 12

I still think that Fluke is really Luke going through either a DID episode or brainwashing by Helena. I think his convos with Luke are only in his mind. If Luke really is in that basement, someone has to be feeding him and giving him potty breaks at the very least. Also, keeping Luke tied to a chair for all that time should Luke be a separate person, he should be totally insane and decrepit by now.

• Love 6

I still think that Fluke is really Luke going through either a DID episode or brainwashing by Helena. I think his convos with Luke are only in his mind. If Luke really is in that basement, someone has to be feeding him and giving him potty breaks at the very least. Also, keeping Luke tied to a chair for all that time should Luke be a separate person, he should be totally insane and decrepit by now.

I spent way too much time pondering exactly this sort of stuff when Carly was in the panic room.  "Where/how does she go to the bathroom? Where are the clothes coming from?  Why isn't her hair all greasy and stringy?"  

• Love 2

I think this is viable.  But today I tried to think through if it is really Pat.  So Pat, formerly female, now male, has taken over Luke's life because of something that happened when they were young.  Let's see, Luke is a rapist, so perhaps that happened before Laura?  And Pat is obvi is a lesbian, so that would be even more egregious.  It would explain why Luke has never seen her for decades, although doesn't explain why Bobbi hasn't.  But why would Pat wait till now, Luke is a little long in the tooth, s/he could have taken her revenge out a long time ago.

They are definitely making it appear to be Pat.  Referring to the baseball bat, s/he says something like, I don't mean to gender stereotyping but I assume this baseball bat was yours and not your sisters. And Fluke seemed to be relating life details as though they were his not as though they were researched.   And I think TG was adding an effeminate touch to his movements as well.

It doesn't make any sense in the going after Sonny plot though.

• Love 1

Sonny treats women like crap? If they make this the reason, have Scotty freaking yell/confront Sonny about his daughter Karen, have Carly and Morgan be pissed about the Bullet of Love, let Monica confront Sonny about um everything, and have Kristina come and punch Sonny, while Robin and Jason flip Sonny off or throw barware......I may be okay with this bullshit.

Fluke being the other Spencer sister just reeks of more RC "shock and awe" bullshit to me and not about any deep family issues or secrets or whatever as could be done. It's times like these - even if I deplored it - that I wish Passions survived. Since James Reilly is dead, Ron Carlivati seems to be the perfect heir apparent for that stuff.

But judging by GH ratings of late, his "vision" works less and less on GH, what with reaching a new overall ratings low.

• Love 4

I think that Julian going to prison is a way to get Julian and Sonny getting together to take down Fluke. That way they both can be heroes. Yuck

See, this is why Sonny should have just let Johnny take over his territory. We all know Johnny's guys already found out who Fluke is, what his plan is, and how to defeat him.

Maybe its because its so effing cold right now, but I just couldn't stand the sight of Lulu in a sleeveless dress in upstate New York in January. 

• Love 7

Maybe its because its so effing cold right now, but I just couldn't stand the sight of Lulu in a sleeveless dress in upstate New York in January. 

WURDDD. I'm never leaving my apartment again.

• Love 4

Ron C. and his gremlins are SO trolling this board.  Tracy referred to Olivia as Mama Celeste, a nickname I've only seen here.

Okay, that's nice but how about him taking some of our other suggestions and WRITING A GOOD SHOW??  

Sorry for shouting....

• Love 17

I figured Fluke's comment that Luke smelled implied he hadn't had potty breaks. 

Edited by sometimesfan
  • Love 2

There are all sorts of different levels of horrid on Show, but Carly and Olivia's conversation needs a niche all its own.  They can both swallow their own snake tongues any time now.  Not because they don't like Alexis - she can swallow hers too - but because having those two yapping  rabid wildebeestes going on and ON and ON is just too much.

WTF, anyway, is Snarly being paid right now by the word?  Give it a rest and SHUT UP.  Olivia should go waterboard herself in the nearest holy water fountain.

• Love 9

Don't know if it's a better fanwank that someone attends to Luke while Fluke is away or that the chair doubles as a toilet.

I thought the Spencers' Elm Street home was in Florida.  Right? Did Ron re-locate it to Port Charles?  I thought Bobbie came to Port Charles as a nurse in the late 1970s and summoned Luke to help her break up Laura and Scotty. Ruby followed a little while later.

So, they edited out the Dante/Anna sex scene that happens after Anna tells him to close the door, right?  Right? Nevermind, don't answer that. I prefer to live in my fantasy world.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 3

My impression was Elm Street was in PC, then when Luke and Bobbie's mom died and dad abandoned them, they moved to Florida to live with Ruby in her Florida brothel. Then Bobbie came back to be a nurse? And everyone eventually followed? I probably have that wrong.

I refuse to even think about what's happening to the real Luke right now. What is the writers' sick fascination with kidnapping and people being held in captivity for ungodly amounts of time? It's so so gross.

• Love 4

I'd just like even one person in town to be sympathetic to Michael and tell him that he or she is on his side and that he is completely justified in thinking both of his scumbag parents are pieces of shit for what they did.  And I'd like that person to be someone who actually knows Sonny and Carly -- Rosalie was sympathetic to him, sure, but she hasn't been in town long enough to understand what those bottom feeders are truly capable of. 

Now would be an excellent time for Michael's Aunt Skye to come back into town and become his business consigliore.

• Love 8
I refuse to even think about what's happening to the real Luke right now. What is the writers' sick fascination with kidnapping and people being held in captivity for ungodly amounts of time? It's so so gross.

What I find amusing is that Luke is being held in the same manner, same position, and even same stage placement as when Heather kidnapped him and tied him to a chair for 3 weeks.  Just right of center. It's like he might even have the same mark as before.  

My impression was Elm Street was in PC, then when Luke and Bobbie's mom died and dad abandoned them, they moved to Florida to live with Ruby in her Florida brothel. Then Bobbie came back to be a nurse? And everyone eventually followed? I probably have that wrong.

Okay, thanks SlovakPrincess.  It's weird then that there was no mention in the 90s, when Luke and Laura returned, that Port Charles was both their hometowns.  In the Labine era, especially, it seems like something Luke would have told Lucky. I just always had the impression they grew up only in Florida. But I was so young when I began watching the show in the late 1970s that most of the show went over my head.

Sadly, if I were at that age now watching, nothing would go over my head, given how simple the writing is.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 4