Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Hater said:

We know whose going to win and this has been predestined since January.

Exactly. It's hard to get too involved in a story when you already know how it ends. Sorry, Show, the suspense of whether Shiloh is killed (and how) isn't really suspense.

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Abandoned, my ass. Did he grow up homeless on the streets? In tatters? Was he a street rat? Boo-fucking-hoo.

Eh, I have a certain sympathy that he was raised by Faison. But LWB/FS knows what happened to him now. Deal with it and stop acting like it's all Mommy's fault.

• Love 4

Him acting as if what Anna did is the most horrible thing a person could ever do to another has grated my last nerve. She placed him for adoption with a loving family. That dipwad Valentine is the one who removed him and sent him off with Faison. Had Anna kept him, the chances of Faison finding out that Peter was his son were high. So, Anna did everything she could to protect him.  I wish so badly that she'd point that out to him and then tell him that, other than adoption, the only other way she could have kept him from Faison would have been to abort him. Let the floppy haired man-boy chew on that for a bit.

I remember Ryan Paevey teasing that Nathan could always come back like in a dream sequence or something.  Can we go ahead and play that card? Have Nathan visit Maxie in a dream and tell her to ditch Peter.  She can be with Chet or not. I don't really care. But she and Peter are just not working for me. Then again, most of the relationships they are trying to push on us aren't working for me (Anna/Finn, Jason/Sam, Curtis/NuJordan).

• Love 6
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

Him acting as if what Anna did is the most horrible thing a person could ever do to another has grated my last nerve. She placed him for adoption with a loving family. That dipwad Valentine is the one who removed him and sent him off with Faison. Had Anna kept him, the chances of Faison finding out that Peter was his son were high. So, Anna did everything she could to protect him.  I wish so badly that she'd point that out to him and then tell him that, other than adoption, the only other way she could have kept him from Faison would have been to abort him. Let the floppy haired man-boy chew on that for a bit.

I remember Ryan Paevey teasing that Nathan could always come back like in a dream sequence or something.  Can we go ahead and play that card? Have Nathan visit Maxie in a dream and tell her to ditch Peter.  She can be with Chet or not. I don't really care. But she and Peter are just not working for me. Then again, most of the relationships they are trying to push on us aren't working for me (Anna/Finn, Jason/Sam, Curtis/NuJordan).

I can't with Chet. Nice guy but he's not an actor. That said, I totally hate that Peter is even still here. I don't care what anyone says. Nathan is dead because of him. I miss Nathan with Maxie. I know he left the show but I miss him rolling his eyes with anything Maxie said or did. Too funny! The only reason Peter is there is because he was sitting in the car with Laura Wright in the parking lot at GH studios and FV offered him a job. I guess can blame LW for that, right? LOL!!!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

But she and Peter are just not working for me. 

So much this.  I liked when Dante asked, "Peter August is spending time with Nathan's son?" Then Maxie responded defensively that Peter is James's uncle, as if that's a great reason. Umm, Nathan is dead and will never spend time with his son in part because of Peter's actions.  Nathan and Peter did not know each other. James could learn about his dad from Dante, not Peter. 

The Peter-Anna and Peter-Robin "bonding" is not believable either.  The show wants me to buy that ultra-cautious Robin (especially about people/things related to Faison), who is a full-time doctor with a husband two young children, makes the time to respond to Peter's e-mails and sends him a picture of the kids, while Maxie - who's had a sisterly relationship with Robin since they were children - sees the same photo for the first time on Anna's cell phone? Yeah, okay. And Anna is questioning first Maxie and then Peter about what's going on with them when she barely knows Peter? And *then* she's all grinning and excited that they may start dating? Seriously?!

• Love 5

It's hard to get too involved in a story when you already know how it ends.

So we had epiphany and laura singing sonny's praises this week.  Meshed quite well with the visuals of the splattered remnants of a human being's brain on a brick wall.   Like all too many stories in the Corinthos era, it ends with nary a mention of a doctor or the hospital. 

(edited)

We actually had some hospital scenes today! Six of them, in fact. All had Curtis and nuJordan. No hospital employees unless you count Michael (and is Laura still on the board?) which I don't. So, in two days on General Hospital, we have had 5 hospital scenes and one hospital employee shown. To compare, today alone, Sam had 8 scenes and Sonny had 7. I move that if this continues, and we know it will, we change the name of the show to General Horseshit.

And of course Kristina's secret is about Alexis getting away with murder. Of course it is. Now Sonny can be the hero who saves Alexis from her terrible secret about being a murderer from ever getting out. And I bet this show doesn't even see the irony in it.

Edited by BlancheDevoreaux
  • LOL 1
11 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

And of course Kristina's secret is about Alexis getting away with murder. Of course it is.

Haven't seen today's ep, but which murder? (Only on a soap could that be a legit question, heh.)

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Haven't seen today's ep, but which murder? (Only on a soap could that be a legit question, heh.)

I honestly don't know. Shiloh made Kristina sign a paper where he had transposed her confession. I read up to where she said her mother got away with murder over 10 years ago, rolled my eyes, and moved on.

I looked at Alexis's Wiki page, and there isn't any murder there she got away with in the sense of the legal system. She faked DID for Luis's murder, she wasn't charged for Kiefer's when she ran him over. Someone else killed Tom the rapist, even though Alexis thought she'd done it in a drunken stupor. So while none of this is anything Alexis would want rehashed in the press again, I don't see where it could become blackmail material. It's all out there if someone wants to find it.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Kevin's self-flagellation will drive him to play Ava's new love, right?

Ok, who do I have to pay to see this happen?  My first thought when Felicia brought it up was Scotty, but having Kevin pretend to be Ava's new boyfriend to lure Ryan out, would be genius.  I think Ryan's head would literally explode if he thought Ava was moving on with Kevin.  Come on, if I have to see through one more scene of this stupid DOD crap, please please let Jon and Maura play in the same sandbox again.  

• Love 14
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I looked at Alexis's Wiki page, and there isn't any murder there she got away with in the sense of the legal system. She faked DID for Luis's murder, she wasn't charged for Kiefer's when she ran him over. Someone else killed Tom the rapist, even though Alexis thought she'd done it in a drunken stupor. So while none of this is anything Alexis would want rehashed in the press again, I don't see where it could become blackmail material. It's all out there if someone wants to find it.

Maybe it will turn out that she was really the TMK and she had stolen some Cassadine potion to make everyone hallucinate Diego coming back from the dead.  It would make as much sense, so I'm down with it.

Am I the only one who absolutely loved the Ava/Laura/Felicia scenes today?  Whoever thought of it was genius, which means they are capable of writing stuff that isn't utter dreck.  

Felicia all, we have to lure him out and you need to pretend to be interested in someone new.

Laura all, I don't want to hear the details because I'm mayor, eh who am I kidding, tell me the plan

Ava all, I'll be ready when he comes at me

Just most excellent.  And I hope the show follows through and makes it the three of them who take Ryan down.  

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Ok, who do I have to pay to see this happen?  My first thought when Felicia brought it up was Scotty, but having Kevin pretend to be Ava's new boyfriend to lure Ryan out, would be genius.  I think Ryan's head would literally explode if he thought Ava was moving on with Kevin.  Come on, if I have to see through one more scene of this stupid DOD crap, please please let Jon and Maura play in the same sandbox again.  

Ryan is (presumably) intelligent and would see through it in an instant that it was a ploy; there's no way Kevin would be interested in Ava, especially after everything that has happened. Unless they are counting on Ryan to be full of rage that Ava would dare to move on with anyone?

20 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Ryan is (presumably) intelligent and would see through it in an instant that it was a ploy; there's no way Kevin would be interested in Ava, especially after everything that has happened. Unless they are counting on Ryan to be full of rage that Ava would dare to move on with anyone?

It has to be someone that Ryan will get his panties in a bunch about, enough to lure him out of hiding and get him to PC. 

My first thought was Scotty, because she already has a relationship with him, but would Ryan beleive that their friendship is now more than that?  

If it's someone new, would Ryan believe that it was serious enough to come out of hiding?  Griffin might have been an interesting choice if he was still around.  

So, if it's Kevin, it can be explained that Ava was drawn to him because of his similarities to his brother.  And that Kevin was drawn to her because he felt bad for her and because Laura dumped him.  

That would allow a Ava/Kevin/Laura triangle to happen.   And Maura and Jon have excellent chemistry.  

Just spit balling.  It will end up being someone stupid, that there is no way Ryan would believe she's dating, enough to lure him out.  I can't have nice things.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
54 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I didn't catch it while watching but someoen on Facebook posted a still shot of the confession.  It's about her hitting Keifer with her car.  

It needs to be Sonny Ava pretends with so Ryan can kill him. Maybe Felicia could get Mac to play along. Can you imagine Ryan's outrage at Mac getting another of Ryan's girls? Franco would also be a great choice (except for the whole Liz thing) since Ryan already hates him. Scotty would make sense since he and Ava were already close. I have no doubt they still screw this up and have the guy be someone that makes no sense. Anyone know what Jack Wagner is up to these days?😉 I mean, with the Lori Laughlin situation, When Calls the Heart might not provide a lot of job security.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

If I ever had doubts about Kristina's feelings toward Alexis, I really don't anymore. Kristina could have given up anyone in her entourage. Sonny has more than enough skeletons in his closet. She doesn't want to give up her dad? She can give up something on Jason. She could have given up something on Sam, but she willingly chose to throw her mother under the bus.

I think what's worse is that this seems like something of a foreshadowing that Alexis might end up being the one who kills Shiloh. 

I liked the scenes with Ava, Felicia and Laura. It was just nice to see three mature women, united like that. This almost never happens.

I love Curtis, but even he can't make nuJordan spark. 

Chase is still precious and it looks like the writers may have decided to keep Michael out of Chase/Willow. 

• Love 9
59 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Ryan is (presumably) intelligent and would see through it in an instant that it was a ploy;

Jordan's plan for Franco to lure him out by taking credit worked (sort of) because of Ryan's ego; I don't see why something else along those lines wouldn't also be successful. And given how besotted with Ava Ryan was (which I believe was genuine, even as he was manipulating her at the same time), hearing his dumb brother was involved with his "goddess" might be enough for Ryan to come back to PC.

35 minutes ago, Perkie said:

It's about [Alexis] hitting Keifer with her car.  

According to her Wiki page:

Alexis ends up running over Kiefer, killing him. She is not prosecuted, infuriating Kiefer's father, Warren. He continually tries to get Alexis prosecuted, and when his attempts fail, he becomes deranged and opens fire inside General Hospital.

It's not as if no one knew about it. So how is this some big sekrit? As I wrote above, all Shiloh has to do is Spyder-Finder Alexis and he'll likely come across the story. Gah. This fakakta show.

23 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

I think what's worse is that this seems like something of a foreshadowing that Alexis might end up being the one who kills Shiloh. 

And probably go to jail for it, whereas if it had been Sonny or Jason who did the deed, he'd get off entirely, with a ticker tape parade to boot. Another gah.

• Love 6
(edited)

Alexis is always used as prop for Jashit's awful adventures.  Here we go again.

This crap isn't even about Kristina, it's about trying to give Monaco and Burton a storyline without them having to do much intimate stuff.   Monaco will budge a few times a year it seems, so maybe after this garbage you'll see them actually acting intimate with each other.

Other than that,  the writers clearly have nothing to do with Sam, Jason, or them as a couple because if they had to actually write a story they'd realize how abusive and degrading the entire thing is and that Lassie and Scam would  have to change their ways.  So....yeah never happening.

I mean this entire story is them writing around Jasam as couple. They have to fake that they're broken up.  Sam sprouts off how bad her relationship is, but it doesn't actually mean anything.  The whole thing is to skirt around the garbage that is Jason and Sam.  There is nothing to do with this couple and one half of the pairing has no interest in actually promoting it.

Alexis gets dragged in now...always being used when the criminals can never get dirtied up.  Oh except if you're Julian..then it matters...

Edited by Hater
  • Love 12

What a terrible dress they made Kristina wear for the ceremony. Was the idea to humiliate her?  Also, I was expecting something two piece so that they could get to the place to do the tattoo.

2 hours ago, Perkie said:

Am I the only one who absolutely loved the Ava/Laura/Felicia scenes today?  Whoever thought of it was genius, which means they are capable of writing stuff that isn't utter dreck.

I am so here for the three ladies  of a certain age running a caper and being the ones to catch Ryan. So much better than the tired old Corinthos mob.

I loved how Felicia reminded the audience that even though Laura is the mayor now, she's still a badass.

1 hour ago, YaddaYadda said:

If I ever had doubts about Kristina's feelings toward Alexis, I really don't anymore. Kristina could have given up anyone in her entourage. Sonny has more than enough skeletons in his closet. She doesn't want to give up her dad? She can give up something on Jason. She could have given up something on Sam, but she willingly chose to throw her mother under the bus.

Yeah, one of the reasons I don't like Krissy is because she's so judgemental about her mother.But the sekrit is also about Alexis because it has to be something bad and the eleventy billion people that Sonny and Jason have killed or extorted can't be used because they are the good people.

Why couldn't she have said Michael killing Claudia or his time in prison? He's rich and powerful, unlike Alexis.

• Love 5

I'm choosing to believe that Kristina gave a fake secret to Shiloh and he didn't bother to do the research.  I mean, Alexis talks about killing that little asshole openly, including recently to her new shrink, so there is no dirt there.

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, Hater said:

Alexis is always used as prop for Jashit's awful adventures.  Here we go again.

This crap isn't even about Kristina, it's about trying to give Monaco and Burton a storyline without them having to do much intimate stuff.   Monaco will budge a few times a year it seems, so maybe after this garbage you'll see them actually acting intimate with each other.

Other than that,  the writers clearly have nothing to do with Sam, Jason, or them as a couple because if they had to actually write a story they'd realize how abusive and degrading the entire thing is and that Lassie and Scam would  have to change their ways.  So....yeah never happening.

I mean this entire story is them writing around Jasam as couple. They have to fake that they're broken up.  Sam sprouts off how bad her relationship is, but it doesn't actually mean anything.  The whole thing is to skirt around the garbage that is Jason and Sam.  There is nothing to do with this couple and one half of the pairing has no interest in actually promoting it.

Alexis gets dragged in now...always being used when the criminals can never get dirtied up.  Oh except if you're Julian..then it matters...

And even still entirely in this storyline they act like co-parents and barely friends at best. I guess it works for their stupid-broken-up plan but they act that way in private or when they aren't around Shiloh, too. GH won't be able to convince me Jason would give one whit about Sam if she wasn't Sonny's daughter, too - replace Kristina with Molly and we would have a very different reaction or not-reaction from Jason. There is also the noticeable lack of Drew from this cult story when he is Scout's father and we have Scout's mother putting herself in danger to infiltrate a cult that Scout's aunt is a part of, when Drew (allegedly) had a past with Shiloh and Oscar was a potential cult-invitee at the beginning.

And are they ever going to work this back to Shiloh being the son of one of Sam's cons? 

BTW, if anyone (@statsgirl, @Oracle42, @TeeVee329, @ulkis, etc.) is interested, the link to the second installment of my Kevin/Ryan fix-it story is posted in the FANFIC thread. Where vets aplenty are involved, Kevin was found much earlier, people were allowed to be smart, and Ryan has a much higher death count. 

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Yeah, one of the reasons I don't like Krissy is because she's so judgemental about her mother.But the sekrit is also about Alexis because it has to be something bad and the eleventy billion people that Sonny and Jason have killed or extorted can't be used because they are the good people.

Shiloh said something to Harmony today about the secret allowing them to control some people in town.  I'm assuming that with an Alexis secret, they figure they'll have a lawyer in their pocket whenever they need it.  Having Michael in their pocket serves no purpose.  

22 minutes ago, ouinason said:

I'm choosing to believe that Kristina gave a fake secret to Shiloh and he didn't bother to do the research.

She didn't.  Shiloh had the confession in transcript form and made Kristina sign it.  The camera lingered on it long enough for us to read that it's about Alexis hitting and killing keifer.  

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Hater said:

What are they ever going to do with Michael? 

I feel like the writers don't even feel like writing a new romance for him lol.

I feel like Chad may leave soon. He can't rely on GH for retirement and unless he's planning to switch careers later now is the time for him to leave.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

And are they ever going to work this back to Shiloh being the son of one of Sam's cons?

Haven't they done that? Shiloh and Sam both know she conned his dad. Kristina is an attractive target for the cult because of that, and I fervently hope Shiloh isn't stupid enough to think Sam's interest is legit. (He seems to be semi-aware it might not be.) What else is there to do?

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

I liked the scenes with Ava, Felicia and Laura. It was just nice to see three mature women, united like that. This almost never happens.

The best part of the episode by a mile. I loved how Felicia agreed with everything Ava said because she (Felicia) knows how dangerous and unhinged Ryan is. Felicia should have been consulted way before this, but at least the writers have finally put her in the story. 

Second best part was Dr. Shrink being resentful of having to talk to Sonny. I liked that the doctor didn't reveal that he knew about Kristina through Alexis. And he didn't entirely cave to Sonny's demands for help.

LOL that Sonny played the Morgan card. "I couldn't save my son!" It wasn't up to you to save him, you halfwit.

1 hour ago, statsgirl said:

What a terrible dress they made Kristina wear for the ceremony. Was the idea to humiliate her?  Also, I was expecting something two piece so that they could get to the place to do the tattoo.

I'm just glad the show didn't make it a Handmaiden sort of thing. They're ripping off everything else.

2 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I feel like Chad may leave soon. He can't rely on GH for retirement and unless he's planning to switch careers later now is the time for him to leave.

I wonder what MB and LW are telling him, being soap lifers who've had minimal success outside of the genre. (I don't mean that in a snarky way—it's tough to transition.) CD is 31 (but doesn't look it). I'm not sure he would have much luck in prime time, but who knows?

• Love 3

I hope people tell Kristina I told you so, and you should have listened! When the truth comes out. And let her be an adult. Like why does she have to have all these older adults looking out for her and risking their lives and what not? Instead it'll probably be everyone feeling sorry for her and telling her it's not her fault she's so vulnerable and whatever.

I'm actually glad they're gonna go grab her out of there and not keep going with Sam's slow moving "plan". But what are they gonna do, tie her to a chair and give her an intervention? Ha just slap some sense into her.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I’m pissed that they’re wasting Shiloh in this storyline. They finally get a 20-something actor who is sexy, charismatic AND can actually act, and he’ll be gone as soon as Jason interrupts the butt-tattoo session and shoots him.

Unless the show decides to go for a Franco-style redemption arc. I’m actually not sure which outcome would annoy me more.  

I don't know if Frank was working at OLTL when they had the Mitch Laurence cult storyline going on, but he was a villain who kept turning up like a bad penny, and was so damn sexy that no one complained (at least in my household).

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

More information/progress was gained in that 5 minute conversation between Willow and Michael than the last month in this DoD saga. I'm glad they finally came right out and said what it is - sex cult. They were hinting around for way too long.

55 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I hope people tell Kristina I told you so, and you should have listened!

And Molly should be one of the first, since she was the one who outright said it was a CULT! I wish we could have had more of HP in this story, she's a much better actress than LA.

I could have spent the entire hour watching Ava/Felicia/Laura. They were so all on board with whatever plan gets hatched and it was fun watching the wheels spin among the three of them. Unlike the brain trust of Sonny Corinthos.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

What a terrible dress they made Kristina wear for the ceremony. Was the idea to humiliate her? 

It looked like she had saggy geriatric boobs.  

So if the ritual has to be performed at midnight, why call it Dawn of Day?  Unless Shiloh plans on sexing her up until dawn.

They should have LWB be Ava's new love, so Ryan can accidentally on purpose kill him.

I still don't know what the plan is with nuShrinkGuy.  Is he a white hat or black hat?  Or do they know yet?

• LOL 2
4 hours ago, LexieLily said:

There is also the noticeable lack of Drew from this cult story when he is Scout's father and we have Scout's mother putting herself in danger to infiltrate a cult that Scout's aunt is a part of, when Drew (allegedly) had a past with Shiloh and Oscar was a potential cult-invitee at the beginning.

That's what good writing would do, incorporate more of the show's cast who should be in the story.

3 hours ago, Perkie said:

Shiloh said something to Harmony today about the secret allowing them to control some people in town.  I'm assuming that with an Alexis secret, they figure they'll have a lawyer in their pocket whenever they need it.  Having Michael in their pocket serves no purpose.

Given that Diane is willing to do anything to get her Corinthos mob clients off, why not just hire her? Does Shiloh need a Michael Cohen?

I think the CEO of ELQ would be a more valuable pawn.  He has money if Shiloh wants to bleed him; he has political influence if Shiloh wants to change the zoning to build his new headquarters; and he sits on the hospital board so he can argue for bringing DoD into the hospital to hold therapy classes for the patients where he can recruit more new members.

2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Second best part was Dr. Shrink being resentful of having to talk to Sonny. I liked that the doctor didn't reveal that he knew about Kristina through Alexis. And he didn't entirely cave to Sonny's demands for help.

It was a shock to see someone acting professionally on this show, although I wish there had been a thought bubble over his head when he remembered Alexis talking about being afraid of what Kristina's father would do.  I like that he argued against kidnapping Kristina but agreed he would help once if was done.  I'm curious what he's going to do.

I'm all for keeping Joe Flanagan on the show.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Haven't they done that? Shiloh and Sam both know she conned his dad. Kristina is an attractive target for the cult because of that, and I fervently hope Shiloh isn't stupid enough to think Sam's interest is legit. (He seems to be semi-aware it might not be.) What else is there to do?

The best part of the episode by a mile. I loved how Felicia agreed with everything Ava said because she (Felicia) knows how dangerous and unhinged Ryan is. Felicia should have been consulted way before this, but at least the writers have finally put her in the story. 

LOL that Sonny played the Morgan card. "I couldn't save my son!" It wasn't up to you to save him, you halfwit.

I'm just glad the show didn't make it a Handmaiden sort of thing. They're ripping off everything else.

I wonder what MB and LW are telling him, being soap lifers who've had minimal success outside of the genre. (I don't mean that in a snarky way—it's tough to transition.) CD is 31 (but doesn't look it). I'm not sure he would have much luck in prime time, but who knows?

I seriously thought Kristina was handed a burlap sack to wear, so I was pleasantly surprised that it was actually a dress.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Auntie Velvet said:

I don't know if Frank was working at OLTL when they had the Mitch Laurence cult storyline going on, but he was a villain who kept turning up like a bad penny, and was so damn sexy that no one complained (at least in my household).

I found Mitch Laurence to be rather disgusting with his rape of Vicki, and then marrying his daughter's twin sister.  BUT, the actor who portrayed him, Roscoe Born, was hot enough for me to root against poor Cruz with Eden on SB.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

I hope people tell Kristina I told you so, and you should have listened! When the truth comes out. And let her be an adult. Like why does she have to have all these older adults looking out for her and risking their lives and what not? Instead it'll probably be everyone feeling sorry for her and telling her it's not her fault she's so vulnerable and whatever.

I'm actually glad they're gonna go grab her out of there and not keep going with Sam's slow moving "plan". But what are they gonna do, tie her to a chair and give her an intervention? Ha just slap some sense into her.

They used to do this in the 70's it was called de-programming.  Now it will get you arrested for kidnapping.  I hope Kristina goes this route

Sorry, but when I hear the litany of things that Shiloh/Dawn of Day do in order to isolate people into its orbit, I keep asking "And this is different from the Sonnyverse…. how?"

Especially isolating family members and that the cult is the new family, and then I remember what Sonny did to Jason and ask, ".... and this is different..... how?"

• LOL 2
  • Love 10

I liked that actor who played the Kief, Christian Alexander. The character was a nasty piece of work, but the actor had a good look and some presence. His rivalry with the Drew Garrett rage-prone Michael was interesting, because even though we knew Kiefer was the villain, Kiefer was much smoother and more ingratiating. So you could see why Michael would lose the battle of perceptions. 

I thought he was kind of wasted on a bad boyfriend we knew was on borrowed time. But it doesn't appear he's done much acting recently. 

Anyway, that they're exhuming that storyline says it all about Kristina, doesn't it? She's added so little to the show, over a very long time. That's still her highlight. The best thing about the Parker relationship was that it facilitated a nice break from her. 

• Love 2

I don't understand how the Kiefer thing is a big secret.  I thought Alexis confessed and was arrested/tried for that?

I'll never understand how the writers think continually showing Sonny as a threatening bully is an attractive trait?  He was a right asshole with Neil yesterday.  

• Love 8
3 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I found Mitch Laurence to be rather disgusting with his rape of Vicki, and then marrying his daughter's twin sister.  BUT, the actor who portrayed him, Roscoe Born, was hot enough for me to root against poor Cruz with Eden on SB.

For me, the squickiest Mitch moment was when he almost raped his own daughter (or, at least the woman he thought was his daughter) in order to impregnate her. Roscoe Born was so good at playing evil cult mastermind, though.

I am enjoying the DoD storyline only because I think Coby Ryan McLaughlin is hitting it out of the park. His smug non-smile and the way he said "Dawn of Day" when Harmony was taking his picture was really creepy. Meanwhile, Kristina was just bubbly and clueless. I really hate that this storyline is just propping up JaSam. I'm a fairly new viewer, and Kelly Monaco just doesn't impress me.

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

I don't understand how the Kiefer thing is a big secret.  I thought Alexis confessed and was arrested/tried for that?

I'll never understand how the writers think continually showing Sonny as a threatening bully is an attractive trait?  He was a right asshole with Neil yesterday.  

1. Is this a rhetorical question? If not, answer: FrankAssholeValentini.
  2. Dimples. Sorry, that's all I got, since this character should have been jettisoned as so much flotsam YEARS ago.
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'll never understand how the writers think continually showing Sonny as a threatening bully is an attractive trait? 

I think we're supposed to get out of that he's a caring father who is desperate to save his daughter. <rme> But unlike the After School Specials on cult rescue, he's the bigger threat to Krissy's safety.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, ciarra said:
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I'll never understand how the writers think continually showing Sonny as a threatening bully is an attractive trait? 

I think we're supposed to get out of that he's a caring father who is desperate to save his daughter. <rme> But unlike the After School Specials on cult rescue, he's the bigger threat to Krissy's safety.

^^This. It's too bad that "saving his daughter" usually means someone gets shot. 

It's weird, because I think MB and LA work well together and have a nice family vibe, but whenever Sonny calls Kristina "sweetheart," it sounds ominous rather than loving. Heh.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, ciarra said:

1 minute ago, dubbel zout said:

^^This. It's too bad that "saving his daughter" usually means someone gets shot. 

It's weird, because I think MB and LA work well together and have a nice family vibe, but whenever Sonny calls Kristina "sweetheart," it sounds ominous rather than loving. Heh.

I see new and improved site still hasn't fixed the quoting a quote by x, but it shows up attributed to y! 🙄Like, the comment @ciarra quoted, wasn't me, and when @dubbel zout quoted ciarra, I get notifications that you both quoted me!😜

It was @Cheyanne11 who commented on Mooby being shown as a bully. I just quoted he and said...I dunno? Dimples?

5 hours ago, NutmegsDad said:

Especially isolating family members and that the cult is the new family, and then I remember what Sonny did to Jason and ask, ".... and this is different..... how?"

Picture Sonny stutter-barking: "It's completely different! Jason doesn't live here and I don't tattoo people! "and then *Scowl*

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
42 minutes ago, ciarra said:

Sorry @GHScorpiosRule for attributing the wrong quote to you.

So you don't hate Sonny? 😜

I know that's sarcasm, right? riiiiiight? Cuz I LOATHE that marblemushmouthmumblymurderous* thug. And to clarify, those dimples don't do a damn thing for me. They did many moons ago when Maurice played Nico, but that was then.

*Oooh! Alliteration!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1