Type keyword(s) to search

Episode Discussion: TFGH

• Start Topic

As completely uninterested as I am in the wedding Curtis and Jordan, I thought the bachelor/bachelorette parties in the escape rooms were kind of cute. I find it hilarious that serial killer Franco is in the serial killer escape room. Of course most people who go to these things would have no prior history with the baddies that were in those two rooms. I do wonder about the rest of the Port Charles population that goes to these things. They have no association to Port Charles known baddies, so a lot of those clues would have been meaningless. 

And seriously Girl Reporter? Daughter of Luke and Laura? You didn't know immediately that the password was ice princess? When you parents most famously saved  Port Charles from the Cassadines and their weather machine. by typing in that word. They should have stuck Lulu in the serial killer room.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 6

I kind of enjoyed the escape rooms, too. They were a nice palate cleanser after the tongue bath given to Spinelli and KM's inability to deliver her lines without sighing. Others have already spoken about the ridiculousness of Laura confiding in Carly. But I will add that, once again, Kiki is a pot calling the kettle black, so much so that I'm starting to believe they're setting the stage for Ava not to be her mother. 

Edited by rur
  • Love 6

Anyone notice they had a new TJ for the Jordan/Curtis scenes today.  He looks way too old for Molly and Jordan.  Assuming they actually show us the wedding, I really hope they were able to use old TJ.

Color me surprised that Kiki and Griffin realized what was going on right away and it didn't drag out.  Ava's plan was dumb, so I'm glad it's over quickly.  

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Color me surprised that Kiki and Griffin realized what was going on right away and it didn't drag out.  Ava's plan was dumb, so I'm glad it's over quickly.  

Personally, I took that as further confirmation the rumors about Hayley Erin are true.  Otherwise, there's really no excuse for this pacing.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LexieLily said:

Spinelli got Carly the name of her mystery patient, Todd Wilson. But she has no point of reference to identify that name, unless it was in one of Lulu's articles (not that she would read them) because she has no relationship with Kevin and NO history of Ryan or his crimes. And now, somehow, Carly will get to be the hero of something she knows nothing about.

This dumb show and their need to cater to the Trinity will be it's undoing sooner or later. 

Not to mention, if Spinelli is such a cyber-genius wouldn't he have run the name Todd Wilson and, again, because he has access to ever database the world has ever data'd (eyeroll) wouldn't he have seen that was one of Ryan Chamberlain's aliases?  Not that I want that miscreant or the Shrew solving this, but the pacing is absolutely terrible.

• Love 4

I am kind of glad this plan blew up in Ava's face right away so it didn't get dragged out and we didn't have to deal with Ava pretending to feel guilty or making things a thousand times worse with a cover-up. I still don't feel at all sorry for Kik and Griffin, especially since this just gave Kiki another reason to get on her high horse about things - not that she wasn't already acting blameless before this. The final scene between Kiki and Ava had no dramatic weight whatsoever. The way Kiki said something about letting Ava back into her life and Ava disappointing her you would think they were heading for reconciliation before Ava's latest scheme when that couldn't be farther from the truth. And Kiki talking about Ava being in competition with her over younger men is absurd in this context since Griffin was Ava's boyfriend and Kiki was the one who slept with him behind her back. And, oh do cry me a river, Keeks that your mother gave you money whenever you wanted when you were growing up. The way Kiki tried to frame you would think it was the most horribly abusive thing ever. Kiki wasn't all that great when she arrived in PC but she wasn't a dysfunctional mess and she seemed to have a pretty nice relationship with her mother. Plenty of characters have had faaaar worse childhoods. What was worse about the conversation is it was all basically a rehash of a thousand conversations these two have had before.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, Cheyanne11 said:

Not to mention, if Spinelli is such a cyber-genius wouldn't he have run the name Todd Wilson and, again, because he has access to ever database the world has ever data'd (eyeroll) wouldn't he have seen that was one of Ryan Chamberlain's aliases?  Not that I want that miscreant or the Shrew solving this, but the pacing is absolutely terrible.

It would be a stretch, but would Spinelli know what that name means because of Maxie/Felicia?

I like how Maxie had to tell Lulu that Todd Wilson was the name Ryan went by. Wouldn't Lulu know that, if not through Kevin, because of the article she had to write about the anniversary of the Ryan Chamberlain murders?

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 2
38 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I like how Maxie had to tell Lulu that Todd Wilson was the name Ryan went by. Wouldn't Lulu know that, if not through Kevin, because of the article she had to write about the anniversary of the Ryan Chamberlain murders?

Since when does the Girl Reporter do any research? She always expects stuff to fall into her lap. It’s one reason her new career bugs the daylights out of me.

• Love 6
44 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Great researcher there.  

I really enjoyed the murder rooms as something fun and non-Trinity, except for Peter being there because ugh, when did he become besties with Nina? He's just her date to keep her from Valentin, there's no need to push him into every storyline.  Alexis reacting to Jerry Jacks & Helena and Anna reacting to Faison was funny. Nice to see Molly there because Jordan is kind of her mother-in-law. I wish the whole episode had been that because there was more to be mined from the history between the characters and the past bad guys.

I pretty much disliked every time they moved away from that murder rooms. Stella and her magical ex who convinces her to go to the wedding after all was the best. Kiki yelling at Ava isn't any better than Sonny and Carly yelling at her, and Laura patting Carly's hand because she's so brave&strong&loveswithallherheart and is obsessively trying to save that poor patient in the room next door was awful.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Hater said:

This new TJ? UGH.

He's waaaaaayyyy too old for the part.  He looks way too old for Molly and Jordan who looks younger than the previous Jordan.  I'm hoping it's only a temporary casting for the wedding because otherwise that's just silly.  

2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Lulu would know but we woulnd't.  Half of poeple's conversations is to inform those of us watching.  

2 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I really enjoyed the murder rooms as something fun and non-Trinity

Same here, and I loved that we saw Stavros, Diego, Jerry Jacks, Helena, and Heather. (I hope they got more than a few pennies as a residual.) Heh. I hated the fake drama about—gasp!—being stuck in the room all night! Oh, noes! What a bunch of quitters! What did they think they were there for? 

Someone put a decent effort into that panic room stuff, dumb as it was. If only the other stories would get that much attention. The music Curtis was playing should have been related to the show, like the theme song.

LOL that Lauren kept the hotel room door wide open while Griffin was dangling nekkid. Also, if the room door is ajar when you get there, something is probably up. At least this dumb story was wrapped up quickly.

More LOL that Carly thinks Kevin "snapping" at her at the harvest festival is him acting strange. If anything, Carly should be snapped at constantly, heh. Watching Laura confide in her was really, really weird.

The Stella/Marcus stuff was super boring. She really needed some old flame to tell her marriage isn't all that all the time? FFS.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

The Stella/Marcus stuff was super boring. She really needed some old flame to tell her marriage isn't all that all the time? FFS.

I think it was just a cheap ploy to get her butt on a chair at the wedding.

I also liked the game.  It was much better than watching them knock back the booze for the elebenty millionth time.  I expected too much from Anna and Chase, since solving puzzles isn't a hobby for them.  I thought having Diego included was heinous, considering Georgie was the sister of two people in attendance.  To use Georgie's death as entertainment didn't sit well with me.  Lulu and Stavros didn't bother me as much.

Edited by ciarra
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, dubbel zout said:

Someone put a decent effort into that panic room stuff, dumb as it was. If only the other stories would get that much attention. The music Curtis was playing should have been related to the show, like the theme song.

It was -- the first few chords of it was what opened the door. 

Edited by rur
21 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

even I think he DID half ass it with TCa, not for any personal, but story antipathy

I had originally thought that JT was deliberately tanking scenes with TCa because he didn't like the story - it seemed to be the only logical explanation for why this guy who was supposed to be the fabulously great actor was so terrible.  But after watching him stink up the joint on Y&R, I have come to the conclusion that real explanation was right in front of everybody's noses the entire time - he's just a shitty actor who can't carry off any material whatsoever without KMc to carry his sorry ass.  (Chad Duell has the same problem, except he was never lucky enough to get a KMc to make him look good).

Edited by yowsah1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, LexieLily said:

It can't be only the force-feeding JaSam and the Unholy Trinity that is costing the show viewers. Those two things are a big part of it, yes, but it's everything collapsing at the same time - the Trinity in every story when they don't need to be, the countless new characters that we never asked for and don't need, the destruction of some legacy characters at the expense of the newbies, chemistry-less couples, etc... 

Totally agree, this show is constantly adding new characters that viewers don't connect to and have no interest in.  There are so many storylines all over the place on this show its hard to become invested in any storyline.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

(snip)

(snip)

If I'm not mistaken, the notes that Curtis finally played when he got them right were the first five notes of the long-time (mid 70s thru early 90s) GH opening theme:

• Love 4
13 hours ago, ciarra said:
13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I think it was just a cheap ploy to get her butt on a chair at the wedding.

It was, but still. Anyone could have told her that. Why not have Mike do it? He and Stella have talked about it before.

11 hours ago, giovannif7 said:

f I'm not mistaken, the notes that Curtis finally played when he got them right were the first five notes of the long-time (mid 70s thru early 90s) GH opening theme

Ah! It's entirely likely I wasn't listening closely enough when Curtis played the notes properly. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, BlueberryJane23 said:

Have they explained why Margaux has a different last name from her parents? Was she married or something? Are we just not supposed to notice these kinds of things? 

I don't know if it was ever spelled out, but I presumed it was for similar reasons to Connie becoming Kate: to escape the old neighborhood/connections. 

• Love 1

Have they explained why Margaux has a different last name from her parents? Was she married or something? Are we just not supposed to notice these kinds of things? 

Yes, I recall an early scene that she shared with Drew in which she stated that she'd been married very briefly very early in her career.

• Love 1

The show: Aww, look, Sam's sick but Jason's still sticking around for their date!

Me: Dude, she just sneezed all over that box of doughnuts. That's disgusting.

The show: What's a few germs between soulmates?

Me: Not like Jason's going to eat one of those doughtnuts.

The show: [gritting teeth] Well, no, he can't risk filling out his leather jacket in the wrong ways.

Me: Yeah, whatever. It's some bullshit that Sam equates being "rescued" with Jason passing her tissues. What kind of message is that? She needs a man by her side to handle a cold?

The show: SHHHH! Sam's sleeping, and it's time for the JaSam theme!

Me: Okay, damn. Are we done here? Where's Drew? Sure would be nice to check in with the Quartermaines.

The show: [ignoring me entirely] JaSam's in bed CUDDLING and it's PRECIOUS and everyone should be THANKFUL for this blessed moment, forget everything and everyone else, THIS IS ALL YOU NEED.

Me: ...I'm gonna leave now.

(Happy Thanksgiving, guys!)

• Love 13
17 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Same here, and I loved that we saw Stavros, Diego, Jerry Jacks, Helena, and Heather. (I hope they got more than a few pennies as a residual.) Heh. I hated the fake drama about—gasp!—being stuck in the room all night! Oh, noes! What a bunch of quitters! What did they think they were there for? 

The best thing about the GH Baddies' "Chamber of Horror" is that it underscores what a lazy, uninspired, and boring serial killer Ryan Collins is.  He's been storming around Port Charles almost two months and only has a single kill to his credit.  Laura Spencer has a higher body count, lol.

Edited by Winston Wolfe
  • Love 7

I'm off work today and got to watch live for the first time in a while. Wow, had forgotten how many adds for, like, Humira this show has. 

I feel like I've missed something in the Kristina/Daisy story. What was the thing about getting to chapter 5? Is this like a cult thing? Or just a normal book?

Kudos to Eden McCoy.   Considering her age, I thought she did a good job with Joss finding out about Oscar's sickness.  I also thought the kid playing Cameron did a good job, first with being forced to tell her the truth and then playing the fine line between anger at Oscar for putting him in that position and sort of begging Joss to see his side of it.  Considering their ages, I thought they both did a decent job there.  

Unintentionally ironic line of the day (?)

Ava:  .....you ripped my baby from my womb

Nina: ....psychotic break.  You don't see me still trolling maternity wards looking for babies

Me:  Well, only because Curtis would stop you.  Until she found out about Sasha she was still talking about trying to have a baby, despite her menopausal state, so don't make it sound like you've been cured of the baby rabies for years.  

Is it wrong that I think Ryan and Ava are HAWT and I feel bad that it won't build to anything.  Loved the soapyness of Laura walking in on their kiss.  

1 minute ago, Ladybyrd said:

What was the thing about getting to chapter 5? Is this like a cult thing? Or just a normal book?

I;m pretty sure they're trying to do a Scientology/cult type thing.  

• Love 5

I thought Joss demonstrated today that she was truly Carly's daughter: (paraphrase) What about Meeeeeeee? I don't care that you promised Oscar to keep his secret; you should have told Meeeeee! 

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Is there another episode this week?  It's Thanksgiving and there was, as far as I can tell from Twitter, no Monica today.

I think we'll get a proper Thanksgiving episode Friday. The characters were all vaguely prepping today.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Is there another episode this week?  It's Thanksgiving and there was, as far as I can tell from Twitter, no Monica today.

Tomorrow's episode is a repeat of Carly/Sonny's first thanksgiving from 2000.  Friday, I believe is football.  Which is why they were saying Jordan and Curtis' wedding was Nov 27th since it will be next week before we get to it.  

17 minutes ago, rur said:

I don't care that you promised Oscar to keep his secret; you should have told Meeeeee! 

I actually agreed with her.  Cameron should have told her (well actually, Oscar should have told her instead of being a pissy little suck and breaking up with her).  Cam not saying anything and then agreeing to be her boyfriend considering he clearly has feelings for her, makes things kinda icky.  

• Love 5

I thought both the Cameron and Joss actors did a good job today.  Unlike ...

The funniest moment was the expression on SBu's face when Jason finds Sam asleep on the sofa, kind of hoffified "god, what am I going to do with her now?" Runner-up was his face when Sam asked Jason to lie down with her and Alexis can handle the kids. For someone who demanded this storyline, he sure sucks at playing it out.

If Kristina is so important to Sonny, why did he wait until the day of to invite her to dinner

What time is this parade that it's over in time for Alexis to take Sam to lunch at Monica's?

Nina, having a psychotic break does not allow you to wipe the slate clean wrt the woman whose womb you cut open.

Is Spencer going back offscreen now? Itcan't happen soon enough, although I would take Spencer revealing Ryan than Carly.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Perkie said:

Tomorrow's episode is a repeat of Carly/Sonny's first thanksgiving from 2000.  Friday, I believe is football.  Which is why they were saying Jordan and Curtis' wedding was Nov 27th since it will be next week before we get to it.  

So no Q Thanksgiving BEFORE Thanksgiving?  This stupid show. 

And a Carly/Sonny repeat?  While people are trying to eat?

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Is Spencer going back offscreen now? Itcan't happen soon enough, although I would take Spencer revealing Ryan than Carly.

I was wondering if Spencer would uncover Sasha is not Nina's daughter after he saw her today rushing to see Valentin.

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 12:52 PM, RedRockRosie said:

Makes me mad & so darn sad. This show was pretty darn good before  MB, SBu ate it....and when the writers got the point of the whole show.

Me as well, at least it used to. I have not really kept up since JE left. I do like a few of the remaining people-Ned, Laura (who I used to loathe, TBH), Finn, and any Q I see(my NED, my love !). But just peeking in to see Britt reinforced that since Ron C left, the show's gone back to thinking Sonny et all are the main draw for everyone. I mean, Brad going on and on and ON about that baby whatshisface Noah or whosit, being Sonny's grandchild.

SONNY'S.

Um, no, BRADLEY. He's AJ Quartermaine's grandchild. Alan Q's great grandchild. You know, those two people that no one ever mentions when it comes to Michael ? I mean, really. Brad should be just as worried that Great Aunt Tracy will somehow find out and come back to town to deal with him. Or for that matter, the baby's great grand mother, Monica. You know, the chief of staff where you WORK, Brad(she is still COS, right ? LOL IDEK).

That said, it was great to see Britt and Brad. Oh, my heart. I love, love love Brad with Britt. PS and KT are awesome Britt's face when she said "my Bradley!". So much love. Yes, I know that was a few weeks ago, but it was just a few days ago for me. I grinned like an idiot. Then I saw Sam's face and I stopped.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

So no Q Thanksgiving BEFORE Thanksgiving?  This stupid show. 

And a Carly/Sonny repeat?  While people are trying to eat?

I think someone needs to open a door and let the pot smoke out of the writer's room. No Q Thanksgiving ? I won't be watching.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I think someone needs to open a door and let the pot smoke out of the writer's room. No Q Thanksgiving ? I won't be watching.

There was a brief clip of a Q Thanksgiving in the preview for the next episode...it just won't air until next week, apparently. Presumably some news story preempted an episode and the schedule got thrown off by a day or two. 

(Side note, but does anyone remember that Halloween masquerade that lasted aired over entire month, culminating in Emily's death?  Then at the end of literally four weeks of Halloween it was suddenly Thanksgiving  the next day, and the Qs gathered for an astonishingly depressing pizza. That was a bad thanksgiving ep.)

• Love 5

I hope no one ate from that box of donuts after Sam was done eating and sneezing over it.

The Danny actor is a wooden child. Although he seems to be very tall for his age. And why is he opening the door on his own? His father is a mobster, he should never be allowed to do that.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Runner-up was his face when Sam asked Jason to lie down with her and Alexis can handle the kids. For someone who demanded this storyline, he sure sucks at playing it out.

Where did you hear that he demanded this story?

• Love 2

I don't think there's anything substantial to that. I listen to SB's podcast. He is kinda obsessed with money. I think he probably just wanted a certain amount of money and that's about it.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

The Jason/Sam stuff was dreadful, dreadful stuff. Unwatchable.

I really wanted Spencer and Valentin to both fall into that fire. Spencer is a turd who doesn't deserve the air time he gets, and Valentin is the world's most vanilla "villain." And Spencer is one to call Cam a mess. Ugh.

The Cam/Joss scenes were pretty good, both with the writing and the acting. I liked that they let Cam feel frustrated with being in the middle.

"We'd love to get to know the whole family." So we can kill them on the spot.

LOL that Ava wants to go to Montenegro. Does she even know where it is on the map? 

The promo said "Monday on General Hospital.

• Love 4

They really are going to drag the corpse of Jason and Sam no matter what are they?  They have to see this and realize they have zero chemistry together.  On top of their "son" being equally horrible and chemistry less with his parents.

That hug was a struggle.

Edit: I get it...the writing is pretty bad, but that is for the overall show.  A pairing with chemistry would find some charm in at least one of their scenes for the last 8 months...and it's just not there.  

Edited by Hater
  • Love 13